Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess I was just thinking that the card itself has zero value, the value is handled by the store.

besides most of the stores that say they don't have these cards have them sitting in the back somewhere and are too lazy/dumb to put them out for sale.

[quote name='atc250es']This is exactly why the $25 coupon option is better than the $15 plus the points cards. Kmart can't fucking stock them![/QUOTE]
Pretty fair actually point actually. One of the reason I hate doing points offers is how many customer issues I receive each time.

I get frustrated with this issue as well as there should be plenty out there and our vendor is shipping them.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']I believe Josh said something about no more clearance until the fall due to budget or some such concerns.[/QUOTE]
Yep! Next drops are probably Oct/Nov.

if the gift card doesn't say TGI fridays, LOWES, Applebees, or citgo kmart employees have no idea what it is and just store them in the back, lol

just kidding

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Pretty fair actually point actually. One of the reason I hate doing points offers is how many customer issues I receive each time.

I get frustrated with this issue as well as there should be plenty out there and our vendor is shipping them.[/QUOTE]

No Josh. that is not the case with the PSN cards (nowadays even $50 cards are scarce). 4-5 stores near me (York, PA, Columbia PA, Baltimore MD, Lanham MD) don't carry them at all. And that is the case for months. I guess this would be the same for most of the stores & someone (YOU) has to take care of this, if the vendor has it plenty in stock :)

Just made a list of all the relases coming out before Xmas that I want (minus Vita and 3DS since the dates aren't available), and I'm starting to regret not setting up a fund for Q4 during the Q3 dead zone.

[quote name='jer7583']just kidding[/QUOTE]
Sadboy, is that you? :hot:
Just kidding.

[quote name='nbballard']Just made a list of all the relases coming out before Xmas that I want (minus Vita and 3DS since the dates aren't available), and I'm starting to regret not setting up a fund for Q4 during the Q3 dead zone.[/QUOTE]
Between this fall/winter's new releases and the Steam sale, my wallet is doomed. How much do kidneys go for again?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yep! Next drops are probably Oct/Nov.[/QUOTE]

Wow - really? So, if I understand this correctly, all the Clearance games I saw at KMart last week are going to stay at that clearance price for the next 2-3 months without additional drops?

Or will they continue to stair-step down, but no "additional" games will be added to clearance?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a repost. Just surprising as I guess I have come to expect differnetly...

[quote name='chosen1s']Wow - really? So, if I understand this correctly, all the Clearance games I saw at KMart last week are going to stay at that clearance price for the next 2-3 months without additional drops?

Or will they continue to stair-step down, but no "additional" games will be added to clearance?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a repost. Just surprising as I guess I have come to expect differnetly...[/QUOTE]
The forecast could change but I would expect the pricing to stay the same for the next 2-3 months based on the current sell through.

So has anything pushed you off the fence for or against stocking El Shaddai yet Josh? Holding off on Amazon preorder for your call.

Also, in before you're bombarded with questions. =D

[quote name='harish7447']No Josh. that is not the case with the PSN cards (nowadays even $50 cards are scarce). 4-5 stores near me (York, PA, Columbia PA, Baltimore MD, Lanham MD) don't carry them at all. And that is the case for months. I guess this would be the same for most of the stores & someone (YOU) has to take care of this, if the vendor has it plenty in stock :)[/QUOTE]

There should be 2 generic gift card racks (not the main one, these are about 3 feet tall) that have them on them. I find they tend to make their way onto these racks but not so much in the actual electronics dept. They racks are in different places depending on the store though it seems.

[quote name='ponn01']What's the promo for deus ex going to be?[/QUOTE]

I think it's a $20 coupon. speaking of which, does that coupon (or w/e deal it may be) apply to the augmented edition too? it should right as stated in the OP?

also, question about the 3ds price drop. will kmarts be droppin it at the same time (i'm not sure how these drops will work but i assume they will)? because i may be out of the country in a couple weeks and wont have time to pick one up before so was considering gettin it and then just havin someone price adjust it for me while i'm out (since they only need the receipt)

[quote name='SPVietBoy']I think it's a $20 coupon. speaking of which, does that coupon (or w/e deal it may be) apply to the augmented edition too? it should right as stated in the OP?

also, question about the 3ds price drop. will kmarts be droppin it at the same time (i'm not sure how these drops will work but i assume they will)? because i may be out of the country in a couple weeks and wont have time to pick one up before so was considering gettin it and then just havin someone price adjust it for me while i'm out (since they only need the receipt)[/QUOTE]

Be really careful.. Kmart only has a 7 day price adjustment policy I believe

[quote name='ShockandAww']One thing you can do if you want a challenge is challenge yourself if the devs don't do it for you. Just an example Bioshock was too easy so I just didn't use the vita chambers.

Also I've been gaming for quite awhile and maybe my memories just going but I don't remember too many games being too difficult even back in the day. I remember many games would give you a certain number of lives and if you used them up, that's it...but again you can put that challenge on yourself if you want to in todays games. I dont know maybe I'd just need specific examples to see it.[/QUOTE]

I shouldn't have to pause Fallout or Xcom every 5 seconds just because I want a turn based, tactical, game. I mean, heck, I could intentionally run out of ammo shooting at walls and melee my way through COD too, but... really? That's what i'm supposed to do if i think games are too easy now?

And you can't just say 'ok, I have 3 lives' because if a game is designed to have infinite lives and auto-healing, then it's not designed (read balanced) for 3 lives. A well designed game is designed for the rules the creators decided upon. Any ridiculous COD spawn farm makes this obvious.

And Bioshock does not heal enemies when you die, by the way. In other words, you can flick a Big Daddy with your finger, die, and eventually, after 1000 flicks and 1000 deaths, you'll kill him. There's no way around that, Vita Chamber or not. Likewise, if your character auto-heals every time you're in cover, there is no way to avoid that. There is no point to a tactical assault if you heal the second you're behind a barrier.

That you can't remember games being difficult doesn't mean they weren't. My favorite example? Autoduel. If you died, you died, unless you had recently bought a clone. When you got to the final mission, the game killed off your clone and deleted your save game. Win, or start over.

Now I realize that's an extreme example, but that's the point. So is Bioshock, so is Prince of Persia... just on the other end of the spectrum. except these 'extremely easy' games are the norm, now.

I'm not saying every game should be incredibly hard. I'm saying almost no games today are even hard, let alone incredibly hard. And that's because of the influence of casual gamers on the market. Too many people don't want to have to start over. Too many people don't want to have to actually explore a dungeon without automap. Too many people don't want to have to use heal potions, they'd rather just duck behind a wall for 3 seconds.

And that's fine for them. That's straight up awesome for them. But in the process, they took away the games I like. pretty much all of them. New gamers don't even know what gaming used to be like anymore.

I'm not trying to sound nostalgic for old school gaming. Obviously, there have been tons of advances in gaming that i'm more than happy about. But to be clear, gaming has -already- been destroyed by the casual market in my opinion, and it's only getting worse.

And so that's why, with the advent of itune style mini-gaming, core gamers are worried. we've already seen what happens. again and again.

[quote name='GBAstar']Be really careful.. Kmart only has a 7 day price adjustment policy I believe[/QUOTE]

yea, that's y i'm unsure and am wondering if all kmarts will ahve their prices adjusted on the 12th.

Hi Josh, I've asked this question before but haven't seen any answer yet.

Are you going to have an Uncharted Collection deal in store?

Damn Kmart sucks. I went to two of them today to buy a 4000 msp cards and get the year of XBL for 50% off. One had the msp card and no XBL the other had the opposite. Reminded me of why I don't shop there. To top it off I also went to BB to see if they would price match but they were out of 4000 msp cards.

[quote name='affa']Too many people don't want to have to start over. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is one thing I definitely don't want to have to do in a game that lasts more than an hour or two. I love challenging games but I hate redoing parts I have already done due to a death. A hard boss is great as long as there is a checkpoint right before the battle so I don't have to fight through all his minions again just to get back to him. That's not fun to me.

August 7-14th Kmart gaming deals

250gig Xbox 360 Kinect for $399and get a $75 gaming coupon
Xbox Kinect for $149 and get a $25 gaming coupon
3 Month XBL Gold $14.99
XBL Headset $14.99
Wireless 360 Controller $39.99
Turtle Beach X-11 $44.99

PS3 160 gig for $299.99 and get a $50 gaming Coupon
Buy a Motion controller and Navigation controller and get a Move Sharpshooter free
PS3 controller $44.99
Blu tooth headset $39.99

$39.99 games are:
Dirt 3
Hunted
Brink
F3AR
L.A. Noire
Crysis 2
Mortal Kombat
Red Faction: Armageddon
Kinect Sports
Dance Central
Wipeout
Kinectimals

$29.99 games are:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 U.E.
Fable 3
Bulletstorm
NFS Hot Pursuit
Call of Duty MW2
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
MX vs ATC Alive
Duke Nukem Forever
Dead Space 2

$19.99 game are:
Medal of Honor
Call of Duty WAW
Call of Duty MW
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2
Mafia 2
Infamous
Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Uncharted 2 G.O.T.Y Edition
God of War 3
Heavy Rain
Gears of War Double Pack

$9.99 games are:
Alan Wake

Last edited by a moderator:
So just so I get this straight with the XBL Points/Live deal, would I be able to purchase 2 sets of the 4000 points 1 year cards as long as they are separate transactions? Reason I ask is i have a friend that needs a live card since theirs is running out but he doesn't have the cash to pick one up.

[quote name='confoosious']Definitely picking up Alan Wake for a friend. Great price.[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake is the only 360 game I really want to play but I don't have one. If only they would release it on PC like they were originally going to do.

Everybody talks about how casual gamers are killing gaming but what about the corporate greed that has killed whole genres because they are not as profitable as FPSs? Turn Based Strategy Games, Beatem Ups, City Builders, Car Combat and Fighting games came back from a coma but they were close.

[quote name='MasterX']
August 7-14th Kmart gaming deals

3 Month XBL Gold $14.99
XBL Headset $14.99
Turtle Beach X-11 $44.99

Buy a Motion controller and Navigation controller and get a Move Sharpshooter free
PS3 controller $44.99
Blu tooth headset $39.99

$39.99 games are:
Dirt 3
Hunted
Brink
F3AR
L.A. Noire
Crysis 2
Mortal Kombat
Kinect Sports
Dance Central
Wipeout
Kinectimals

$29.99 games are:
Fable 3
Bulletstorm
NFS Hot Pursuit
Call of Duty MW2
Assassins Credd Brotherhood
MX vs ATC Alive
Duke Nukem Forever
Dead Space 2

$19.99 game are:
Medal of Honor
Call of Duty WAW
Call of Duty MW

Mafia 2
Infamous
Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
Heavy Rain
Gears of War Double Pack

$9.99 games are:
Alan Wake
[/QUOTE]

Definitely going to get Uncharted 2 if it is the Game of the Year Edition and I really like the ones I underlined/bold/italics.

So yeah, do these include the collector's editions as well? I know this is a long shot, but I saw an Assassin's Creed Brotherhood collector's edition at my local Kmart and so would buy that for $30. :)

[quote name='GamerbyDesign']Everybody talks about how casual gamers are killing gaming but what about the corporate greed that has killed whole genres because they are not as profitable as FPSs? Turn Based Strategy Games, Beatem Ups, City Builders, Car Combat and Fighting games came back from a coma but they were close.[/QUOTE]

it goes hand in hand, and has been discussed in this thread. but that's the point -- as gaming went from geeks to soccer moms, and the population of gamers exploded from tens of thousands to hundreds of millions, games have progressively went for the common denominator. many genres being traded in for fps is one such result.

[quote name='MasterX']August 7-14th Kmart gaming deals

3 Month XBL Gold $14.99
XBL Headset $14.99
Turtle Beach X-11 $44.99

PS3 controller $44.99
Blu tooth headset $39.99

$39.99 games are:
Dirt 3
Hunted
Brink
F3AR
L.A. Noire
Crysis 2
Mortal Kombat
Kinect Sports
Dance Central
Wipeout
Kinectimals

$29.99 games are:
Fable 3
Bulletstorm
NFS Hot Pursuit
Call of Duty MW2
Assassins Credd Brotherhood
MX vs ATC Alive
Duke Nukem Forever
Dead Space 2

$19.99 game are:
Medal of Honor
Call of Duty WAW
Call of Duty MW
Mafia 2
Infamous
Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Uncharted 2 G.O.T.Y
God of War 3
Heavy Rain
Gears of War Double Pack

$9.99 games are:
Alan Wake[/QUOTE]

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Definitely going to get Uncharted 2 if it is the Game of the Year Edition and I really like the ones I underlined/bold/italics.

So yeah, do these include the collector's editions as well? I know this is a long shot, but I saw an Assassin's Creed Brotherhood collector's edition at my local Kmart and so would buy that for $30. :)[/QUOTE]

It is the GOTYE, I just checked the ad.

The does metion the collector's edtion, it has the reg. price listed under to sale price, so it doesnt look like it but those collector's edition do drop in price fast, I know the Killzone CE has dropped to $79.99 already.

[quote name='MasterX']It is the GOTYE, I just checked the ad.

The does metion the collector's edtion, it has the reg. price listed under to sale price, so it doesnt look like it but those collector's edition do drop in price fast, I know the Killzone CE has dropped to $79.99 already.[/QUOTE]
There is an extra buff that will be on KG.com tomorrow that will make this pretty ad pretty sweet.

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh,

Any news on when the new gamers website should be rolling out?[/QUOTE]
Sept. 1st looks like.

Sorry if I missed it in this thread and it wasn't clear on the terms and conditions, but

Do you SYWR pts on purchases made with a gift card? I think the T&C reads that you don't earn points on purchases OF a gift card.

Anyway, want to clarify as I decide on a purchase.

Sorry, follow up. Can the coupons be used towards a console purchase?

Thanks

[quote name='naf']Sorry if I missed it in this thread and it wasn't clear on the terms and conditions, but

Do you SYWR pts on purchases made with a gift card? I think the T&C reads that you don't earn points on purchases OF a gift card.

Anyway, want to clarify as I decide on a purchase.

Sorry, follow up. Can the coupons be used towards a console purchase?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

No and yes. No points earned on giftcards and yes they work on consoles. It's any game or gaming accessory including hardware.

Josh, with the 3DS dropping in price and people like myself picking one up, do you have anything planned for 3DS games in the near future? A BOGO 1/2 off maybe or something else?
I know there are deals planned for specific title launches, but didn't know if we might see something soon for the games already out.

Anyone else tried the XBL 12-month card/4000 points promotion this week and had trouble with it? Yesterday, I did the deal, and used a $20 coupon to lower the total price to $60. Unfortunately, the half off promotion didn't ring up, and I spent 20 minutes in customer service before they finally just gave me a $30 gift card for the difference. Not really sure what the problem was, but the 4000 points card was one of the older ones in the plastic container displays, so maybe that was the problem.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I played the demo and I didn't mind it.[/QUOTE]
The game is not as bad as people make it out to be. GOTY hell no but it's better then Homefront. Getting it for about 10 bucks is fine.

[quote name='giancarmen']Looking at using my $15 coupon for Donkey Kong Country Returns. Any chance of any deals for it before this Saturday. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

K-Mart deals always start on a sunday and end on saturday, I have yet to see a midweek sale at K-Mart, so more than likely no go on a DK sale midweek.

I will tell you tho, Block Buster currently has it for 24.99 used.

for me a bad game is a bad game. it's not just about the money but the time. I can hardly play all the good games out there, why waste time with a bad one like duke?

[quote name='caponesgun']No and yes. No points earned on giftcards and yes they work on consoles. It's any game or gaming accessory including hardware.[/QUOTE]

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back