Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Oh you can get the $15 coupon many-multiple times?

Josh probably should limit that in the future.[/QUOTE]

it's really not that hard to have more than one rewards card.
3x Battlefield Bad Company
2x Castlevania PSP
2x Heavy Rain
2x Twisted Metal PSP
Need for Speed PSP
2x Medal of Honor PSP
3x Force Unleashed 2
3x Uncharted 2
Gears of War Triple Pack
Alan Wake

These are all items that are currently for sale by harvey. Guess he's happy that josh is doing deals again! Wouldn't be that hard to buy these in groups of ~$40 to get coupons over a few days at a few different stores. Then use those coupons on future releases and future deals and put those on ebay for even more profit.

I hope it all rots in stock in his ebay store and he has to sell it at a loss.

[quote name='jer7583']it's really not that hard to have more than one rewards card.
3x Battlefield Bad Company
2x Castlevania PSP
2x Heavy Rain
2x Twisted Metal PSP
Need for Speed PSP
2x Medal of Honor PSP
3x Force Unleashed 2
3x Uncharted 2
Gears of War Triple Pack
Alan Wake

These are all items that are currently for sale by harvey. Guess he's happy that josh is doing deals again! Wouldn't be that hard to buy these in groups of ~$40 to get coupons over a few days at a few different stores. Then use those coupons on future releases and future deals and put those on ebay for even more profit.

I hope it all rots in stock in his ebay store and he has to sell it at a loss.
[/QUOTE]

You don't necessarily need multiple SYWR cards. It has been reported that you can get offers more then twice on the same card.

[quote name='dabamus']What's wrong with harvey buying a copy to flip? Kmart gets rid of stale inventory, and Harvey get's a marginal profit.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause:Ding, ding, ding. Correct answer is right here. A corporation that's out to sell their inventory don't give a flying fuck if twenty people come in and buy ONE thing each or one person comes in and buys TWENTY things.

To them it's all money to help their bottom line.

If someone is gonna resell it, then what business is it of anyone else's really? People should really learn to mind their own business.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause::applause:Ding, ding, ding. Correct answer is right here. A corporation that's out to sell their inventory don't give a flying fuck if twenty people come in and buy ONE thing each or one person comes in and buys TWENTY things.[/QUOTE]That's not true. For obvious reasons, corporations don't want one hoarder and 19 unhappy customers who leave empty handed.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause::applause:Ding, ding, ding. Correct answer is right here. A corporation that's out to sell their inventory don't give a flying fuck if twenty people come in and buy ONE thing each or one person comes in and buys TWENTY things.

To them it's all money to help their bottom line.

If someone is gonna resell it, then what business is it of anyone else's really? People should really learn to mind their own business.[/QUOTE]

No one is mad from K-Mart's point of view. People are mad from being screwed out of deals by people like him, and also, for having to read all his whining about the lack of deals, when he only cared about them to stock his eBay store.

[quote name='Gerry P.']That's not true. For obvious reasons, corporations don't want one hoarder and 19 unhappy customers who leave empty handed.[/QUOTE]
The employee to customer ratio is usually heavily skewed towards the employee side of things anytime I've been in a Kmart(or Sears) lately. The only time that may reverse is on the weekends. But I have not seen a glut of people in my area going into Kmart for the gaming deals, unless I've been there at the wrong times.;)
[quote name='gettinmoney662']No one is mad from K-Mart's point of view. People are mad from being screwed out of deals by people like him, and also, for having to read all his whining about the lack of deals, when he only cared about them to stock his eBay store.[/QUOTE]
See above. It may be frustrating for people on CAG and/or those who check other internet deal sites to find a game or games they may have wanted are gone. But this tendency to ALWAYS blame some hoarders instead of it just being that stuff these folks wanted went out of stock because some random customer came in and grabbed them or because of shrinkage is what's so annoying.

Again though, I still don't see what biz other people have being up in other folks business. Next thing you know you guys will be organizing a lynch mob complete with torches and pitchforks and Googling Harvey's address to march there and get some internet "justice". It's really quite amusing...and sad.

[quote name='Gerry P.']That's not true. For obvious reasons, corporations don't want one hoarder and 19 unhappy customers who leave empty handed.[/QUOTE]

Companies can limit what they sell and deny hoarders.

As far as the people upset about harveyiscool, he hasn't made a post in this thread for three days, but he's still the focus of attention for several CAGs. So yeah, it is getting to be a dead horse.

Just sad that after discounting over thirty games AND giving us a coupon offer, there are still some ungrateful bastards who NEED to complain about something.[/QUOTE]
this is the best statement about this site i have seen in years, thanks joecamnet:applause:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The employee to customer ratio is usually heavily skewed towards the employee side of things anytime I've been in a Kmart(or Sears) lately. The only time that may reverse is on the weekends. But I have not seen a glut of people in my area going into Kmart for the gaming deals, unless I've been there at the wrong times.;)
.[/QUOTE]

Because you know, anecdotal evidence is to be used for the basis of all company decisions. And/or to back up your argument that nobody is shopping and buying alan wakes anyway.

[quote name='sotc1988']I'm hoping someone price matches alan wake because my K-mart didn't have a single copy.[/QUOTE]
You can definitely get a rain check for it as well as a last resort.

I did not win the powerball jackpot but I just bought the limited edition 25th anniversy red mario kart dsi xl bundle on clearance @kmart for........................$108.00, that is awsome considering the dsi xl is still like $169.00 new and mario kart ds is $30-$35 new, now I know if you can find the red bundle it is $169.00 or $179.00 new. This is also a ymmv kind of deal. Any one else had this kind of deal

This for new releases but for clearance items the more copies bought the better.

[quote name='jkircos']Any deals for next week? I am wondering if I should use my coupon this week or save it.[/QUOTE]
All 3DS software will be ten off but just as a warning a bogo will occur on 3DS software later in the month.

[quote name='confoosious']Oh you can get the $15 coupon many-multiple times?

Josh probably should limit that in the future.[/QUOTE]

think josh said that this particular promotion doesnt have a limit. so u could get 1,000,000 coupons if u wanted (potentially)

[quote name='Gameremporium']I did not win the powerball jackpot but I just bought the limited edition 25th anniversy red mario kart dsi xl bundle on clearance @kmart for........................$108.00, that is awsome considering the dsi xl is still like $169.00 new and mario kart ds is $30-$35 new, now I know if you can find the red bundle it is $169.00 or $179.00 new. This is also a ymmv kind of deal. Any one else had this kind of deal[/QUOTE]

oohh... might consider that... lol dont think my kmarts have that tho, so oh well

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']All 3DS software will be ten off but just as a warning a bogo will occur on 3DS software later in the month.[/QUOTE]

bogo free? bogo half off? i am very interested now...
and its nice to be back from my internet hiatus :)

[quote name='SPVietBoy']think josh said that this particular promotion doesnt have a limit. so u could get 1,000,000 coupons if u wanted (potentially)

oohh... might consider that... lol dont think my kmarts have that tho, so oh well

bogo free? bogo half off? i am very interested now...
and its nice to be back from my internet hiatus :)[/QUOTE]

Same is it bogo free or b1g50%... I might return my damn used copy of zelda with no box back to gamestop...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']All 3DS software will be ten off but just as a warning a bogo will occur on 3DS software later in the month.[/QUOTE]
(messes with brand new :3ds:)

Yeeooowwzzaaa...

[quote name='Xellos2099']Same is it bogo free or b1g50%... I might return my damn used copy of zelda with no box back to gamestop...[/QUOTE]

you should do that on principle anyway.

This makes this new 3DS owner very happy. Can't wait for the details!

[quote name='confoosious']you should do that on principle anyway.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about the same thing... Zelda in 3D is awesome btw, just to add a jo0ke the used copy save is at Water Temple LOL. The reason I ask is because if all 3ds game are $10 off, 2 3ds game would be 30+30 = 60 and buy 1 get 1 50% is 40+20= 60 which equal to almost the same thing if you intend to buy 2 game.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I was thinking about the same thing... Zelda in 3D is awesome btw, just to add a jo0ke the used copy save is at Water Temple LOL. The reason I ask is because if all 3ds game are $10 off, 2 3ds game would be 30+30 = 60 and buy 1 get 1 50% is 40+20= 60 which equal to almost the same thing if you intend to buy 2 game.[/QUOTE]

I think they are two separate promos.

hey josh,

for games in the weekly ad, is there a minimum # of copies each store is supposed to carry?

yesterday i went to buy some on-sale PSP games: for me, not for flipping/ebaying/hoarding. store #1: none; CSR won't issue raincheck (b/c item < $10: true?) but called 2 other stores to locate. found one & put on hold for me. store #2: drove 20mi there to only find out CSR held WRONG title :bomb:; unable to look up stock in other stores w/o UPC (no item = no UPC). i ended up PM'ing this somewhere else.

i want to shop at KMT, but this was frustrating to say the least. was my experience typical? or was it b/c this was an older, cheaper title vs a newer, pricier one? TIA.

[quote name='ivana89']hey josh,

for games in the weekly ad, is there a minimum # of copies each store is supposed to carry?

yesterday i went to buy some on-sale PSP games: for me, not for flipping/ebaying/hoarding. store #1: none; CSR won't issue raincheck (b/c item < $10: true?) but called 2 other stores to locate. found one & put on hold for me. store #2: drove 20mi there to only find out CSR held WRONG title :bomb:; unable to look up stock in other stores w/o UPC (no item = no UPC). i ended up PM'ing this somewhere else.

i want to shop at KMT, but this was frustrating to say the least. was my experience typical? or was it b/c this was an older, cheaper title vs a newer, pricier one? TIA.[/QUOTE]
Ivana know too. :whistle2:#

[quote name='SPVietBoy']bogo free? bogo half off? i am very interested now... [/QUOTE]

I doubt it will be bogo free but that would be great. If it's just bogo half off I'll have to pick up Zelda on Sunday when it's $10 off.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I was thinking about the same thing... Zelda in 3D is awesome btw, just to add a jo0ke the used copy save is at Water Temple LOL. The reason I ask is because if all 3ds game are $10 off, 2 3ds game would be 30+30 = 60 and buy 1 get 1 50% is 40+20= 60 which equal to almost the same thing if you intend to buy 2 game.[/QUOTE]
Very true, the bogo is b1g1 half off, starts at the end of the month. Each promo is similar I guess, just didn't want to piss anyone off :)

Josh do you have any idea if Nintendo is looking into reducing licensing fees for software so that we're not paying $40 for 3DS titles? it seems so high and the other big barrier to publishers getting on board with the system and the platform doing well..

I think they need to make $20-$30 the standard for 3DS or risk a bone dry wasteland of 3rd party software, unfortunately. $40 is just too high. It was too high for PSP (launch games even hit $50 back then!) and it's too high now.

Hey guys. I just bought a 3DS at Kmart and would like to know something before I open it: will I be able to take my receipt back tomorrow and get the price adjusted? I searched the thread for an answer but couldn't find anything definitive one way or the other. Thanks in advance.

-Ryan

Cool, thanks. I am gonna pick up DoA if my store has it (hope they do, because they are restarting the exclusive costume dlc cycle on Monday) and maybe Zelda, even though I've never really been into OoT before now.

Any chance of a DS game deal sometime in the future? Maybe a huge list of games on sale or a similar BOGO? The 3DS library is pretty small at the moment, but the DS library is huge. I missed out on the FFIV, Chrono Trigger, and TWEWY for $30 at Amazon and am wanting to pick up a bunch of older DS games I missed.

I think I'm just gonna get Zelda for $10 off since there aren't really any other 3DS games I want, unless DS games count too? That'd be pretty awesome.

hey SHC will there be deals for Dead rising 2 off the record & Ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 on release week? (even if it's smaller like a $10 coupon since they're $40 releases)

[quote name='nietzsche74']I'd still like to know what clearance titles are 30-50% off.[/QUOTE]
I have a feeling that the prices listed on the first page represent the 30-50% off and that it's NOT an additional 30-50% off. Of course, if someone were to clarify this before the end of the week, which titles it may be on AND it were to ring up correctly without a lot of hassle, then I might just stop into the one Kmart by me with a few titles I'd likely pick up for cheaper than they are currently.;)

I dunno if they're going to carry those. Kmart has been wary of re-releases from capcom lately.

I'd say Dead Rising is more likely than Ultimate Marvel 3

he's the only one who complained to josh about not having enough deals to put items in his ebay store, yes.

This thread always cracks me up.

In any case, I certainly appreciate everything Josh and the K-Mart crew do to get us some great deals. Thank you!

[quote name='jer7583']he's the only one who complained to josh about not having enough deals to put items in his ebay store, yes.[/QUOTE]

Care to point out that post to me? The only post of his that I see that is somewhat stupid is the "I told you so" post.

One of those 78k copies was my copy.;) Finally something unique that isn't you vs aliens generic shooter #6362363 or WWII/twitch shooter #2526264 or clone of clone of clone of other popular titles. I hope the game sells well enough to get a sequel. We need more games that aren't GTA, COD, FF or RB/GH clones.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Care to point out that post to me? The only post of his that I see that is somewhat stupid is the "I told you so" post.[/QUOTE]
He never specifically said "Your killing my eBay store". He just whined for a few pages like a little girl that there were no deals in the summer (because there aren't any new releases) and GettinMoney busted him out by looking up his eBay ID.

It may have gotten deleted by the mods.

To me, it wasn't the flipping, or really the hording (ok- it was a little of both). It was that he was essentially complaining that Josh had a personal issue to take care of that prevented him from running a bunch of deals and Harvey's complaints were a bit insensitive to it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Ahhh, looks like Josh wasn't too off. Catherine only sold 78K copies in July; they shipped 200K.[/QUOTE]
To be fair it did come out at the end of July, so 78k for about a week doesn't seem bad for that kind of game.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Ahhh, looks like Josh wasn't too off. Catherine only sold 78K copies in July; they shipped 200K.[/QUOTE]

Considering it released on July 26, 78K copies in six days is quite good for a relatively niche game.

I passed on catherine. Puzzle gameplay looked dull, story looked like it was ready to take a turn for the anime bullshit and pop out with demons or monsters at any given moment.

I do want to play it so hopefully those other 130k copies sitting on shelves get a sharp discount soon.

If there's anything i've learned this year it's that anything non-mainstream or without a huge marketing campaign and franchise history behind it can really only sell about 100k copies in the modern game industry. It's sad but true. Most people who buy consoles are pretty stupid and just pick up a sports game or two, a call of duty, and a few kids licensed games.

Let's see if this doesn't get things back on track.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back