Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, I paid $34 for my copy, and that's about what the game is worth $30. I can't say it's worth $60 because it's not. It's really rough in areas and well the more I play it the more it really has hits and misses. I had no problem with the melee combat, but the weapons degrade way too fast. I mean sure it adds to the realism but seriously some weapons only have a 3-4 zombie life unless you upgrade them but even then I have a hard time deciding what to upgrade because they will degrade if not repaired.

It basically has a bunch of good ideas, but nothing that ties them together perfectly.[/QUOTE]

It's true that the beginning weapons are mostly throwaway junk that aren't worth upgrading or repairing, but after ~4-5 hours you do start finding weapons with decent damage/durability that are worth maintaining. I'm about 30% in and I haven't had any major degrading issues in a while.

I do agree though, that a little bit of polish could have gone a really long way for this game. They did have a bunch of good ideas, but the execution seems sloppy or rushed in many aspects. Still I'm having quite a bit of fun playing through it and it's certainly not as bad as some reviews painted it to be.

Success from the Santa Clarita, CA Kmart for StarFox 3D!

Called at 8:15 this morning to ask the clerk if they had received the game yet. He informed

me they did receive 5 copies but were down to 1 copy already! He was nice enough

to hold it for me and 30 mins later it was mine with the 15 dollar coupon in hand.

Relatively new to the KmartGamer experience, have to say I'm pretty happy with it so far

being 2 for 2 in my attempts to purchase. Bought Deus Ex a few weeks ago with the coupon

and hoping for a deal on ICO/Shadow of the Colossus in a few weeks...

Well this is just titty fucking great ! I went to kmart and saw a stack of star fox copys so I went to get one. When I asked about the 15$ gift card the clerks were like "huh what gift card ?" I was trying to explain it to them but aperently they don't know their own promotions going on. They didn't try to conferm it or anything but they did gamestops little trick of pushing their game card on you. I said to myself "forget this crap I'm wasting my time here. I'll just wait till this game gets its inevitable black friday sale and kmart losses a sale" I threw the game on the counter and left. They had no resistance 3 or dead island copys either. The incompetence of this kmart does not amuse me. They did have a crap load of collectors editions collecting dust though From epic mickey to a ton of halo reach legendarys. I'm pissed I wasted transportation money on this bull. What's going on here josh ?

so i just want to make sure I did this right. i joined the shop your way rewards program. if i buy star fox and give them my card, the coupon will be added to my account?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well this is just titty fucking great ! I went to kmart and saw a stack of star fox copys so I went to get one. When I asked about the 15$ gift card the clerks were like "huh what gift card ?" I was trying to explain it to them but aperently they don't know their own promotions going on. They didn't try to conferm it or anything but they did gamestops little trick of pushing their game card on you. I said to myself "forget this crap I'm wasting my time here. I'll just wait till this game gets its inevitable black friday sale and kmart losses a sale" I threw the game on the counter and left. They had no resistance 3 or dead island copys either. The incompetence of this kmart does not amuse me. They did have a crap load of collectors editions collecting dust though From epic mickey to a ton of halo reach legendarys. I'm pissed I wasted transportation money on this bull. What's going on here josh ?[/QUOTE]

Ummm... wow. If you're actually being serious...

The issue here is that there is no gift card (never has been). It's a coupon that the register spits out automatically. Had you just let them ring you up you would have been golden.

Is this the first time you've ever tried buying a game at K-Mart?

[quote name='strait edge follower']When I asked about the 15$ gift card the clerks were like "huh what gift card ?"[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but this was your mistake. If you had just bought the game, the coupon would have printed following your receipt. Asking about the coupons will usually only complicate matters the majority of the time. Just buy the item. If the coupon doesn't print, then you can come here and take it up with Josh. Seems a little of counter-intuitive yes, but the sooner you grasp this the smoother your kmartgamer experience will be.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well this is just titty fucking great ! I went to kmart and saw a stack of star fox copys so I went to get one. When I asked about the 15$ gift card the clerks were like "huh what gift card ?" I was trying to explain it to them but aperently they don't know their own promotions going on. They didn't try to conferm it or anything but they did gamestops little trick of pushing their game card on you. I said to myself "forget this crap I'm wasting my time here. I'll just wait till this game gets its inevitable black friday sale and kmart losses a sale" I threw the game on the counter and left. They had no resistance 3 or dead island copys either. The incompetence of this kmart does not amuse me. They did have a crap load of collectors editions collecting dust though From epic mickey to a ton of halo reach legendarys. I'm pissed I wasted transportation money on this bull. What's going on here josh ?[/QUOTE]

are you a SYWR member? That's the only way to get the coupon to print, I assume that's the "gamer card" they were trying to force on you?

its also been said a thousand times that most kmart employees don't know about josh's blog deals. Just have them ring up the game, make sure they enter your SYWR card and sit back as the magic happens. No offense, but you sounded like an impatient douche in your post.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Ummm... wow. if you're actually being serious...

The issue here is that there is no gift card (never has been). It's a coupon that the register spits out automatically. Had you just let them ring you up you would have been golden.

Is this the first time you've ever tried buying a game at K-Mart?[/QUOTE]

I brought it at the register and nothing came out but I just realised that you need the game card to get the credit (strait edge facepalms himself hard)

[quote name='strait edge follower']well this is just titty fucking great ! I went to kmart and saw a stack of star fox copys so i went to get one. When i asked about the 15$ gift card the clerks were like "huh what gift card ?" i was trying to explain it to them but aperently they don't know their own promotions going on. They didn't try to conferm it or anything but they did gamestops little trick of pushing their game card on you. I said to myself "forget this crap i'm wasting my time here. I'll just wait till this game gets its inevitable black friday sale and kmart losses a sale" i threw the game on the counter and left. They had no resistance 3 or dead island copys either. The incompetence of this kmart does not amuse me. They did have a crap load of collectors editions collecting dust though from epic mickey to a ton of halo reach legendarys. I'm pissed i wasted transportation money on this bull. What's going on here josh ?[/quote]

lmao

Well ill just go back tommorow and get the card this time. The clerks didn't mention anything about starfox credit being added to the card when you have it. They didn't mention the credit period so I was very confused

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well this is just titty fucking great ! I went to kmart and saw a stack of star fox copys so I went to get one. When I asked about the 15$ gift card the clerks were like "huh what gift card ?" I was trying to explain it to them but aperently they don't know their own promotions going on. They didn't try to conferm it or anything but they did gamestops little trick of pushing their game card on you. I said to myself "forget this crap I'm wasting my time here. I'll just wait till this game gets its inevitable black friday sale and kmart losses a sale" I threw the game on the counter and left. They had no resistance 3 or dead island copys either. The incompetence of this kmart does not amuse me. They did have a crap load of collectors editions collecting dust though From epic mickey to a ton of halo reach legendarys. I'm pissed I wasted transportation money on this bull. What's going on here josh ?[/QUOTE]Rule #1 for Kmart Deals: DO NOT assume that the employees know about a given deal. Asking about it will only confuse them and potentially ruin your experience; if everything works out, the coupon will print out just fine without confusion and you can just make sure the clerk gives it to you with your receipt.

Also, you need the SYWR card (which I assume is what you mean by "their game card") to get the $15 coupon (which is technically not a gift card) anyway, and unlike Gamestop's card, the only membership for the card is a free one.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well ill just go back tommorow and get the card this time. The clerks didn't mention anything about starfox credit being added to the card when you have it. They didn't mention the credit period so I was very confused[/QUOTE]You don't get credit added to the card--the SYWR card doesn't function like Gamestop's PowerUpRewards card, which also holds your credit. You just do the following:

1) Have your SYWR card scanned.
2) Have the clerk scan Star Fox 64 3D.
Optional) Ask the clerk to give you both printed and emailed copies of your receipt (you can get a backup digital copy of your receipt this way to use in case you lose your physical copy).
3) Make sure you get every piece of paper that prints out after you pay (usually your receipt, the coupon, and maybe some other ad for satellite TV or something).

The coupon is a physical object, NOT credit.

[quote name='Vigilante']Rule #1 for Kmart Deals: DO NOT assume that the employees know about a given deal. Asking about it will only confuse them and potentially ruin your experience; if everything works out, the coupon will print out just fine without confusion and you can just make sure the clerk gives it to you with your receipt.

Also, you need the SYWR card (which I assume is what you mean by "their game card") to get the $15 coupon (which is technically not a gift card) anyway, and unlike Gamestop's card, the only membership for the card is a free one.[/QUOTE]

I don't shop at kmart very often but now I know that just because josh knows the deals doesn't mean that they do (which is silly in my opinion). Atleast the card is free so ill go back tommorow.

Why don't u titty fucking read on this thread what the hell is going on & then buy??????

[quote name='Vigilante']
You don't get credit added to the card--the SYWR card doesn't function like Gamestop's PowerUpRewards card, which also holds your credit. You just do the following:

1) Have your SYWR card scanned.
2) Have the clerk scan Star Fox 64 3D.
Optional) Ask the clerk to give you both printed and emailed copies of your receipt (you can get a backup digital copy of your receipt this way to use in case you lose your physical copy).
3) Make sure you get every piece of paper that prints out after you pay (usually your receipt, the coupon, and maybe some other ad for satellite TV or something).

The coupon is a physical object, NOT credit.[/QUOTE]

So with the card and the game scanned you get a physical not a digital coupon, gotcha. Thanks. I'll get it right this time lol :)

Strait edge- that "game card" they were trying to push on you is the Shop Your Way Rewards card. That's how you get the $15 gaming coupon you wanted.... Be patient. KMart is doing some really nice stuff for us gamers. They won't improve if customers aren't informed or are too pushy

[quote name='harish7447']Why don't u titty fucking read on this thread what the hell is going on & then buy??????[/QUOTE]

I already admitted my mistake that I made, it happens :( my girlfriend is going to rib me about this when I tell her

Got my copy of StarFox 64 3D today. My KMART only got three copies and I was the first one to get one. The lady at the counter remembered me from the Madden deal last week, and she went back to get the game from me, as it hadn't been put out yet. She rang it up and said, "Oh, what a deal!"

I said, "Yeah, the guy who runs KMARTGamer is great."

She said, "Oh yeah... his name is... Josh, right?"

I was pretty impressed she knew his name.

Anyhow, the $15 coupon printed out great. Plus, no sales tax here in Oregon, so StarFox was mine for a cool $19.99. Very happy to continue on the coupon train! :lol:

[quote name='Vigilante']Rule #1 for Kmart Deals: DO NOT assume that the employees know about a given deal. Asking about it will only confuse them and potentially ruin your experience; if everything works out, the coupon will print out just fine without confusion and you can just make sure the clerk gives it to you with your receipt.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Exactly. Don't say a word... the deals are almost NEVER printed in the weekly circular ad, so there's no point in bringing it up with the cashier. Very few seem to know about these promotions.

I just make sure they scan my SYWR card... and if the coupon doesn't print (and it didn't the first couple of times I bought from KMART), keep your receipt and send Josh an email. I once had them try it at customer service when a coupon didn't print, and it printed there. Just be kind and patient... it will all work out. :cool:

[quote name='strait edge follower']I already admitted my mistake that I made, it happens :( my girlfriend is going to rib me about this when I tell her[/QUOTE]

Eh, lesson learned. At least you provided us all with a few laughs today. Next time, you'll know EXACTLY what to do!

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Yep. Exactly. Don't say a word... the deals are almost NEVER printed in the weekly circular ad, so there's no point in bringing it up with the cashier. Very few seem to know about these promotions.

I just make sure they scan my SYWR card... and if the coupon doesn't print (and it didn't the first couple of times I bought from KMART), keep your receipt and send Josh an email. I once had them try it at customer service when a coupon didn't print, and it printed there. Just be kind and patient... it will all work out. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'll keep this in mind tommorow. I just hope it prints on the first try though as I gotta go to work tommorow and I don't have time for delays lol

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Eh, lesson learned. At least you provided us all with a few laughs today. Next time, you'll know EXACTLY what to do![/QUOTE]

It's nice to see I provided class A entertainment for you all at the expense of me right here on cag !

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']BTW, I heart Deus Ex.[/QUOTE]
We know. (offers you blunt object stained with zombie blood)

is there a way to find out if the game is in stock without calling? kmart.com is awfullllllllllllll and doesn't even fucking list the game anywhere...

[quote name='strait edge follower']So with the card and the game scanned you get a physical not a digital coupon, gotcha. Thanks. I'll get it right this time lol :)[/QUOTE]

I think once you register you can setup your account online so that you also receive digital copies of your receipt (and gaming coupons for that matter).

lol, went to a k-mart yesterday to try to buy resistance 3 (after calling ahead to make sure they had it)....only to arrive and be told they had no copies. In fact, the manager said he only ordered 2 copies of the game to be put on the shelf.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

[quote name='CD6405']lol, went to a k-mart yesterday to try to buy resistance 3 (after calling ahead to make sure they had it)....only to arrive and be told they had no copies. In fact, the manager said he only ordered 2 copies of the game to be put on the shelf.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.[/QUOTE]
Back when God of War III: Ultimate Edition went on clearance at Toys R Us, I remember calling my nearest store to ask whether there were any copies available. When I went to the store, I found out they meant God of War Collection. Looking back, I could hear the woman relaying my question to another employee, who relayed it back to her.

But alas, I think I picked up a Metroid Prime Trilogy or Dragon Quest V while I was there.

After not shopping at KMart since the Alice sale I decided I would give it another shot for Star Fox. Went to electronics and nobody was there and Star Fox wasn't in the case. I go near the TVs and see a worker watching Jerry Springer. I ask about the game and they said it comes out next week, I then show them the ad with the 9/9 release date and they agree to go search in the back. 30 minutes after entering the store I finally have the game in my hand and check out.

As a side note the store still had copies of all of this weeks new release titles but no signage up for any of them. Everytime I consider jumping on a coupon train at KMart I'm reminded why I always pull the emergency break and get off at the first stop.

@Josh &/or Andrew: Any R3 in Manhattan, NY? I've had no luck all week. Astor says they never got their shipment and Penn said they only had 6-8 copies which were not put out Tuesday but Wednesday and gone by the time I got there. Any incoming for Saturday or forgotten boxes in the back room?

Is there any way to get a rain check and still get the $20 coupon? Maybe extending this week's deals through next week? Thanks!

[quote name='Yolky']@Josh &/or Andrew: Any R3 in Manhattan, NY? I've had no luck all week. Astor says they never got their shipment and Penn said they only had 6-8 copies which were not put out Tuesday but Wednesday and gone by the time I got there. Any incoming for Saturday or forgotten boxes in the back room?

Is there any way to get a rain check and still get the $20 coupon? Maybe extending this week's deals through next week? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd love a rain check or a deal extension. Seems like everyone was sold out almost instantaneously. That said I don't see it happening.

is there a reason people go to the effort of italicization on game titles in this thread?

If you do, and its just like, your thing that's cool but for some reason it seems like the kind of think that your grandmother might do when typing something about these "video games". Just like unnecessary quotation, maybe it's just something that bothers me for no good reason.

Does anyone have any experience using the printable SYWR card from the website?

It just has the member and pin number on it, nothing scannable. I'm hoping it won't give me any problems since I signed up for SYWR membership online and not in-store.

[quote name='therealdeal19']Does anyone have any experience using the printable SYWR card from the website?

It just has the member and pin number on it, nothing scannable. I'm hoping it won't give me any problems since I signed up for SYWR membership online and not in-store.[/QUOTE]

I used the printable card for my first few deals while waiting for the real card to arrive and had no issues. Alternatively, you can just give them your phone # and that should work too.

[quote name='crookshow']I used the printable card for my first few deals while waiting for the real card to arrive and had no issues. Alternatively, you can just give them your phone # and that should work too.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the response!

[quote name='tresyn']Quick question: Can I use a $20 coupon on an item under $20 (for example, a $19.95 1600 MS Points card)?[/QUOTE]

the register won't allow it and 1600 MS points will ring up as $19.99 at the store.

You'll have to add another gaming specific item to bring the total over $20. PSN cards (should? I don't buy them but some people have had trouble) work because they're valued at $20.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Other way around, one of the top three is MORE than 50% sold out of Dead Island. I thought it might have been just an issue with us but I'm really surprised by this one. We sold more Dead Island on Day 1 than the whole week of Deus Ex.

BTW, I heart Deus Ex.[/QUOTE]

I'll bet $10 monopoly dollars its Best Buy. After being sold out Tuesday/Wednesday, Gamestop's in STL seem to have gotten the game back, while BB is still sold out.

My best buy is sold out of dead island as well. They do have a nice looking display of resistance 3 with the guides, copys of the regular edition and the version with the sharpshooter on display. It's selling well there (as I expected) while having enough in stock but unfortunatly they didn't stock dead island nearly as well. This is happening everywhere. Good thing I'm waiting for this to drop like deus ex

[quote name='jer7583']is there a reason people go to the effort of italicization on game titles in this thread?

If you do, and its just like, your thing that's cool but for some reason it seems like the kind of think that your grandmother might do when typing something about these "video games". Just like unnecessary quotation, maybe it's just something that bothers me for no good reason.[/QUOTE]
It's a habit. I don't do it to be a douche or anything. I'm not even sure if it's proper. :whistle2:#

I just got back from buying Star Fox at Kmart but I don't know where to get my $15 coupon. This is the first purchase I've made at kmart since they adopted the SYWR system, so I just signed up this morning. I made sure to give the guy my phone number when I bought it, and the purchase shows up on my account, so the coupon should be there somewhere, right?

[quote name='sadboy']It's a habit. I don't do it to be a douche or anything. I'm not even sure if it's proper. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

its not a problem. Its the internet police... kinda like when the real police pull you over cause they don't have anything else to do....

[quote name='Reptic']I just got back from buying Star Fox at Kmart but I don't know where to get my $15 coupon. This is the first purchase I've made at kmart since they adopted the SYWR system, so I just signed up this morning. I made sure to give the guy my phone number when I bought it, and the purchase shows up on my account, so the coupon should be there somewhere, right?[/QUOTE]

the 15 dollar coupon should print up as part of your receipt. Unless the 15 dollars will be added to your SYWR account as points.

Thanks for the Starfox deal, Josh. Used my Deus Ex con on it, so paid 20 + tax and got the 15cpn. Only issue was that the game wasn't out. Manager was the one who helped me on this deal, just like with DE, and he went in back and brought out the copies. Store #3435

[quote name='Reptic']I just got back from buying Star Fox at Kmart but I don't know where to get my $15 coupon. This is the first purchase I've made at kmart since they adopted the SYWR system, so I just signed up this morning. I made sure to give the guy my phone number when I bought it, and the purchase shows up on my account, so the coupon should be there somewhere, right?[/QUOTE]

Coupon should have printed off with your receipt, same printer spits it out right after the receipt prints. If you gave your email address when you signed up you may still get an email version of the coupon. If not, email Josh/SHC to see how he can help. Check the OP for his email address

So no luck finding Dead Island at my local store today (Birmingham, AL). I saw Resistance 3 in the case but no Warhammer or Dead Island or Driver. Starfox was out but was mixed in with a bunch of games all spines out. I missed it on my initial pass and then a lady came in and asked the clerk for all 2 copies they had. The thing that bothered me was that the clerk saw her and said "Oh are you here to bulk buy games again?" So now there may be a hoarder in my area or it is just bad luck the other games were sold out already. Oh well, my N64 is actually hooked up in the basement so I can just play through Starfox that way.

Is Dead Island worth hunting down for $60 (to start the train) or should I just wait for the sale in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back