Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, $15 coupon with GoW Origins. I have it pre-ordered at NewEgg for $29.99. After tax & coupon I'd save about $2. I'd rather give my business to Josh. I'm just not sure I need it at release. The GoW collection had several sales and with everything coming out & my backlog I think I'll just wait.

[quote name='metrostar']Called Penn Station NYC store this afternoon for Star Fox, it was already sold out before 4:00 PM. Called Astor Place store right away ask for a copy hold, but the electronics lady told me the game was not even pulled out from storage room yet. Therefore, I was able to pick up the game after work today. By the time I got there (6:00 PM), I couldn't believe there were only 3 copies available. The electronics cashier told me they probably got like 10 copies.
[/QUOTE]

It sold out that fast at the Penn Station store? I went there around 1-2PM yesterday and it looked like I was the only one that bought it. I didn't really count how many copies they had behind the glass window when I got there though. Glad I was able to snag one during my lunch break :)

[quote name='sdcranford']Hmm, $15 coupon with GoW Origins. I have it pre-ordered at NewEgg for $29.99. After tax & coupon I'd save about $2. I'd rather give my business to Josh. I'm just not sure I need it at release. The GoW collection had several sales and with everything coming out & my backlog I think I'll just wait.[/QUOTE]

The coupon tempts me but I have a good feeling that a retailer or two is going to have a sale with the remastered ps2 games like a b1g1 50% off or something even better. I'm going to be a patient sniper on these collections

[quote name='Teeheehee']It sold out that fast at the Penn Station store? I went there around 1-2PM yesterday and it looked like I was the only one that bought it. I didn't really count how many copies they had behind the glass window when I got there though. Glad I was able to snag one during my lunch break :)[/QUOTE]

That was the store that I made my epic blunder at yesturday and they had like 7 copys there

Quick question:

If I find/buy the PS3 version of Dead Island can I return it later down the road for the 360 version without screwing up the $20.00 rewards coupon?

[quote name='ajh2298']Quick question:

If I find/buy the PS3 version of Dead Island can I return it later down the road for the 360 version without screwing up the $20.00 rewards coupon?[/QUOTE]

you'd have to talk to the manager about a straight exchange on platform so probably YMMV. Highly.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Nope, can't do it again. We sold less than 50 when it was on $44.99 and I bought 4500 (3-4 per store).....you can imagine the markdown liability.[/QUOTE]

Regarding F1 2011, do you know if it will be a firm "release on 20th" date this year instead of shipping on the release date like last year? I read THQ is doing the publishing this year instead of WB, so hoping it will be different. I kinda figured it would be too low popularity to warrant a deal, but I'm still getting it :D

Will Kmart be able to secure enough copies of the Hardened Edition of MW3 to make a decent showing or will it be much like Black Ops was? I haven't followed this thread closely but I felt largely burned by my Black Ops experience last year.

[quote name='sneezebu']Ehh, i'm still playing it. Its decent.

And no, its not an RPG in any way. Fallout has dice rolls in combat, thats why people give it a pass. This is straight up action combat.[/QUOTE]

i'm going to try not to get in a debate with you, but generally speaking, i err on the side of something 'not' being an RPG. i love me my wasteland, fallout, bard's tale, and such way too much to dilute the term.

But Dead Island acts and looks like an RPG. Damage affected by aim, weapon mods, and character stats (in the form of skills). Quests. Major weapon variation plus 'magic' effects (shock, bleeding, fire, etc).

Characters level up and there are significantly different paths to take. Blunt damage feels entirely different from slash damage. There are also ranged players.

Quests are common and rewards are variable. Searching is important. Inventory management is there.

It's quite clear why people consider Dead Island an RPG. It is one. It's action, sure, but so are games like Demon's Souls which is also clearly an RPG.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I definitely have it on sale for at least $15 in Oct.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up Josh, I will just wait to get it then. I will use the Gears coupon on it to make the deal even better.

Thanks for all deals Josh.

The coupon train is only good as long as there are games to be purchased. At this pace my last coupon is about to expire.

Kmart can either a) supply their boise store plenty of stock on new releases or b) Regulate the guy buying wholesale on every new release everyday. Dead Island, Resistance 3 and Starfox64 all sold-out by 11am on release day, Deus-ex HR? same story, "Ya there's the one guy who walks in here when the store opens and buys all the new releases everyweek"

Seriously? the employees acknowledge there is a problem and fail to enforce the 3 game limit? this is bullshit and sooo not worth the trouble. Ill unload my last coupon on a psn card and jump on the TRU/Amazon offers if any

I do wish kmart employees were more informed. I've noticed a lot of them don't know about their own stores promotions. Hope that changes soon as everywhere retailer I go to knows exactly what's going on all the time. Of course there are some kmart employees that know about the deals but unfortunately the ones in my area don't :(

Well this was out of no where...not surprised though.

So I bought Dead Island the other day for a friend in NJ and like the game a bunch when we played it last night.
Went back to the store to pick up a copy for myself and they were sold out, so I asked my wife to pick up a copy at our local store in GA.

She tells me the store is closing down...

Is Resistance 3 going to be something that Sony has a MAP on for a few months? I remember Infamous 2 being like that so if you didn't get it release week with the coupon, there wasn't another deal any time soon.

[quote name='affa']i'm going to try not to get in a debate with you, but generally speaking, i err on the side of something 'not' being an RPG. i love me my wasteland, fallout, bard's tale, and such way too much to dilute the term.

But Dead Island acts and looks like an RPG. Damage affected by aim, weapon mods, and character stats (in the form of skills). Quests. Major weapon variation plus 'magic' effects (shock, bleeding, fire, etc).

Characters level up and there are significantly different paths to take. Blunt damage feels entirely different from slash damage. There are also ranged players.

Quests are common and rewards are variable. Searching is important. Inventory management is there.

It's quite clear why people consider Dead Island an RPG. It is one. It's action, sure, but so are games like Demon's Souls which is also clearly an RPG.[/QUOTE]

Most of those things, as i mentioned before, will be in most action, adventure, and even shooter games in the next few years. Quests, weapon mods, stats...this is simply progression for open world games.

You probably consider Borderlands an RPG so i'm just going to leave it here. Calling Mass Effect an RPG makes shooter fans feel smart, so i'll just let them have at it.

[quote name='Killbomb']Is Resistance 3 going to be something that Sony has a MAP on for a few months? I remember Infamous 2 being like that so if you didn't get it release week with the coupon, there wasn't another deal any time soon.[/QUOTE]
I would imagine that there is a MAP that Sony pushes for all core titles- but you may be able to get a good deal on the Sharpshooter bundle soon enough. Looks like Best Buy and the other big retailers did the same thing they usually do and ordered a ton of them.

I was in best buy the otherday and the way they were stacked up made it looked like they were playing Jenga with them or something.

I am perfectly capable of typing properly. Now, whether you think it's because I want to sound like, as someone so eloquently put it, "what believe a cool guy sounds like", that's up to you. And there's a difference between caring if someone read my post and caring if someone cares about how I wrote it (neither of which I care about. I merely post answers to other people's questions and occasionally how my experience went). Now I know how people like IATCG feel, except I wasn't trolling or anything. So ignore me if you have a problem with the way I type. Otherwise, get off my back about it.

Edit: that spoiler is for the ppl who are so concerned wit how i type.
whoops XD lol meant to state how my experience went. picked up R3 and DI for 107 after using a 20 coupon. both coupons printed out. last copy of R3 and 2nd to last of DI for the PS3 tho. this is at the KMart on Island Ave in Philly.

Are the $xx.xx gaming coupons in-store only? I see that Dead Island lists $20 gaming coupon. Online it lists 600 SYWR points. That's doesn't seem quite the same. I don't know the points to dollar conversion.

[quote name='avfootballfreek']I know this might have been talked about in previous pages, but any hints at what the Gears 3 deal will be or will it be just a normal 20 dollar coupon.[/QUOTE]

Someone did ask Josh about the Gears deal and they were considering pre-ordering it from Amazon to get a $20 credit but Josh said at least at the moment he will beat Amazon's deal....I am thinking a $20 couppon and xbox points card free or maybe Gears of War Triple pack discounted

[quote name='FluxDF']Are the $xx.xx gaming coupons in-store only? I see that Dead Island lists $20 gaming coupon. Online it lists 600 SYWR points. That's doesn't seem quite the same. I don't know the points to dollar conversion.[/QUOTE]

they are in-store only. josh is hoping to implement it online when the site goes up. however, that's off in the distance. the 600 sywr points is the amount u gain for buying the game. 10 pts for every dollar u spend. if u purchase in store, u get the 600 sywr pts along with the 20 dollar coupon (if u buy it during its promotional period. for DI, it ends today)

I was not pleased with my local K-mart yesterday. I went there close to closing time expecting that I could pick up Star Fox, but the guy I spoke to wasn't sure if they had even gotten any in yet. They did have X-men First Class available, but apparently didn't have Star Fox. Disappointing.

[quote name='Just2Dirty']i'm assuming no delivery?

so is this thread intended for us citizens only?

shame :( got some good deals up.[/QUOTE]It's not short for Kangaroo-Mart.

Cheers.

I'm really enjoying resistance 3 so far Especially the Auger 3.0. In part two you had to zoom in on enemies and paint them before you can see them through walls but in part 3 you just zoom in on a wall and you can see the enemys without painting them (the Auger has limited range when booming in though walls but its enough). It's awsome ! Buy it during this coupon deal asap

[quote name='kennedykougar']The coupon train is only good as long as there are games to be purchased. At this pace my last coupon is about to expire.

Kmart can either a) supply their boise store plenty of stock on new releases or b) Regulate the guy buying wholesale on every new release everyday. Dead Island, Resistance 3 and Starfox64 all sold-out by 11am on release day, Deus-ex HR? same story, "Ya there's the one guy who walks in here when the store opens and buys all the new releases everyweek"

Seriously? the employees acknowledge there is a problem and fail to enforce the 3 game limit? this is bullshit and sooo not worth the trouble. Ill unload my last coupon on a psn card and jump on the TRU/Amazon offers if any[/QUOTE]
Well to be fair Dead Island is in high demand and my store only got two copies of star fox. So yeah I would get there early on release day for whatever you want.

well it's stupid that the store is letting one person buy all the new releases if that's the case.

Just turns away legitmate customers in favor of resellers. They shouldn't care if its clearance but day of release is about customer service, not just sales.

Last edited:
[quote name='kennedykougar']The coupon train is only good as long as there are games to be purchased. At this pace my last coupon is about to expire.

Seriously? the employees acknowledge there is a problem and fail to enforce the 3 game limit? this is bullshit and sooo not worth the trouble. Ill unload my last coupon on a psn card and jump on the TRU/Amazon offers if any[/QUOTE]
Have you tried e-mailing K-mart about this? It is a problem and well that store should be told about it/punished for it. It is a shame some asshole is doing this, but at the same time, the store should be punished. Now if he is buying only one copy of each release and k-mart doesn't have enough stock then it's a different story. Still I would e-mail k-mart with the links provided in one of the first posts and hopefully settle this.

[quote name='sneezebu']Most of those things, as i mentioned before, will be in most action, adventure, and even shooter games in the next few years. Quests, weapon mods, stats...this is simply progression for open world games.

You probably consider Borderlands an RPG so i'm just going to leave it here. Calling Mass Effect an RPG makes shooter fans feel smart, so i'll just let them have at it.[/QUOTE]

how about you don't put words in my mouth?

no, borderlands is an FPS with rpg elements.

and if you claim all games will have a full set of RPG features 'in the next few years' then guess what? we're gonna have a lot of RPGS.

Now, in theory, i absolutely agree that in a 'pure' RPG player skill has no impact, it's all character skill (ie, damage is based on your chars strength not your ability). But... we're kind of past that point now, and to require that of an RPG is too stringent.

Oh, and saying things like you'll 'let' people do something because it 'makes them feel smart' is about as pompous sounding as it gets. in case you care.

but as long as combat in Dead Island has damage calculations based on character progression, weapon type, weapon upgrades, weapon mods, weapon condition, weapon range, weapon stamina, weapon effects, AND location of hit vs. enemy armor... then guess what? it's got RPG level combat, if not better. I mean, seriously. Sure, you don't hit (a) to (a)ttack, but other than that? RPG. And the quest based system, while lacking any choice/consequences, is serviceable and no different from the majority of RPGS that also lack c/c.

[quote name='hostyl1']Many times there is a random ad that prints out with the reciepts (I've gotten several for DISH Network). I guess the cashier thinks they are "doing you a favor" by not handing you a "worthless" piece of paper. My guess is they just dont pay much attention and are not trying to actively 'shaft' you.
[/QUOTE]

As someone who works with a similar situation, I can say that the cashier is probably just saving himself the hassle of picking the papers off the floor later after they were thrown there by the inconsiderate customers. The perceived convenience for the customer is just a bonus.

[quote name='affa']how about you don't put words in my mouth?

no, borderlands is an FPS with rpg elements.

and if you claim all games will have a full set of RPG features 'in the next few years' then guess what? we're gonna have a lot of RPGS.

Now, in theory, i absolutely agree that in a 'pure' RPG player skill has no impact, it's all character skill (ie, damage is based on your chars strength not your ability). But... we're kind of past that point now, and to require that of an RPG is too stringent.

Oh, and saying things like you'll 'let' people do something because it 'makes them feel smart' is about as pompous sounding as it gets. in case you care.

but as long as combat in Dead Island has damage calculations based on character progression, weapon type, weapon upgrades, weapon mods, weapon condition, weapon range, weapon stamina, weapon effects, AND location of hit vs. enemy armor... then guess what? it's got RPG level combat, if not better. I mean, seriously. Sure, you don't hit (a) to (a)ttack, but other than that? RPG. And the quest based system, while lacking any choice/consequences, is serviceable and no different from the majority of RPGS that also lack c/c.[/QUOTE]

Lol, i don't recall most of those things being standard in RPG combat. Clearly you've confused several genres.

Quests and character progression happen in open world games. Most of that stuff you mentioned is in Dead Rising. Is that an RPG now too? Is GTA San Andreas an RPG?

There is no reason to label every game an RPG because it has quests or stats. If you started gaming this gen i could see how its confusing with the hacks at Bioware calling DA2 and ME2 RPGs, but if you've been gaming longer than that you should know better.

Josh, and further word on if Kmart will be getting the Limited Edition of Battlefield 3? Still hoping I'll be able to get the DLC with my purchase from Kmart.

[quote name='Cheska19']Any word on a promotion for White Knight Chronicles 2?[/QUOTE]

I doubt they even carry it Cheska, although some of the more regulars may be able to find the exact post that said yay or nay to carrying it.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']Josh, and further word on if Kmart will be getting the Limited Edition of Battlefield 3? Still hoping I'll be able to get the DLC with my purchase from Kmart.[/QUOTE]

My kmart has a few copys of limited editions from just about every game that had one released in the last year or so (they just can't sell those things lol). If that's any indication than kmart will probibly carry the bf3 one as well

[quote name='Gerry P.']It's not short for Kangaroo-Mart.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

oh my you are sooooooo funnny....

bceause australia doesnt have kmart... we just have kangaroos and pawn shops.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I doubt they even carry it Cheska, although some of the more regulars may be able to find the exact post that said yay or nay to carrying it.[/QUOTE]

On his facebook, Josh confirmed that Kmart will not be getting White Knight Chronicles 2 in stores. It's too bad, I might pick it up someday since it has the first game remastered with it.

Hey Josh, I was lucky last night and found a PS3 copy of "Dead island" will I be able to do a straight up even exchange for a 360 copy when more come back into stock?

[quote name='Ryan_gf']Josh, and further word on if Kmart will be getting the Limited Edition of Battlefield 3? Still hoping I'll be able to get the DLC with my purchase from Kmart.[/QUOTE]

if i remember correctly, the first run of BF3 will be "limited editions" right? so u should get a limited edition one unless u pick one up from a second shipment or w/e

Shame no credit on NHL 12. Was hoping Kmart would fall thought with a credit for this game. Its not as popular as Fifa and Madden but still a great game

[quote name='sneezebu']There is no reason to label every game an RPG because it has quests or stats. If you started gaming this gen i could see how its confusing with the hacks at Bioware calling DA2 and ME2 RPGs, but if you've been gaming longer than that you should know better.[/QUOTE]
You're spending a lot of time saying what isn't an RPG, so why not take some time to define what an RPG is? What are the key distinctions that separate RPGs from other genres? Be specific.

[quote name='averageguy']Shame no credit on NHL 12. Was hoping Kmart would fall thought with a credit for this game. Its not as popular as Fifa and Madden but still a great game[/QUOTE]

It has a $20...

From the OP: Buy NHL 12 for $59.99, get a $20 gaming coupon.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Did not see Starcraft 2 on sale. Well looks like I am not buying Starfox but instead going to look for Starcraft 2 on Tuesday.

Thanks Josh :D[/QUOTE]
It says $60 online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back