Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
No more Kmart deals for me... after over a year of running a flawless coupon train I've lost BOTH of my last $20 coupons, I don't know what I'm doing them but I'm going to have to switch to something I can't lose anymore.

[quote name='iamsmart']No more Kmart deals for me... after over a year of running a flawless coupon train I've lost BOTH of my last $20 coupons, I don't know what I'm doing them but I'm going to have to switch to something I can't lose anymore.[/QUOTE]

You should set your SYWR account to get the digital receipt in your email. Then you're covered if you lose your paper receipt coupon.

Or just get a shoebox and immediately put your coupons in it after you get them. I often just keep them in the case of the game from which I received them.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']You should set your SYWR account to get the digital receipt in your email. Then you're covered if you lose your paper receipt coupon.

Or just get a shoebox and immediately put your coupons in it after you get them. I often just keep them in the case of the game from which I received them.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap I do get the email receipts! I didn't know they had the coupons on them tho, thank you I'll check it out this evening

[quote name='Maineavalanche']On his facebook, Josh confirmed that Kmart will not be getting White Knight Chronicles 2 in stores. It's too bad, I might pick it up someday since it has the first game remastered with it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSUHitman']I doubt they even carry it Cheska, although some of the more regulars may be able to find the exact post that said yay or nay to carrying it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up guys :)

I'm frankly pretty surprised they even bothered with releasing the second one here.

it'll probably sell like 2,000 copies nationwide, lol.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm frankly pretty surprised they even bothered with releasing the second one here.

it'll probably sell like 2,000 copies nationwide, lol.[/QUOTE]
Now that game isn't an RPG! Just kidding.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Why is Starcraft 2 still at $60 when it's supposed to be at $40?[/QUOTE]

lol so they still have problems 1 year later? I bought mine in July 2010 and had to argue with the manager before they looked it up on their system.

Just wanted to say great job on the Starfox 3D deal, pretty sure you guys and TRU are the only ones offering GCs with the game, TRU's is only $5 as well. I see Kirby Mass Attack is a possible deal on the horizon, if the game is launching with a $30 MSRP (to my knowledge) I'm wondering how much of a GC you're going to give. Chaining that with Starfox 3D might be enough for me to go out and buy it.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm frankly pretty surprised they even bothered with releasing the second one here.

it'll probably sell like 2,000 copies nationwide, lol.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to Finnish the first one so badly. I was loving it untill I got to the desert area. All the sudden my teammates stopped fighting and would just heal me ! No matter what commands I put for them they wouldn't listen and would just heal. Not to mention enemys would pop up out of nowhere and attack you. What was worse is that they can somehow damage you with a melee attack from over 15 feet away from you somehow. These things just broke the game for me and I couldn't play it anymore. Hopefully part 2 fixes these things

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Just wanted to say great job on the Starfox 3D deal, pretty sure you guys and TRU are the only ones offering GCs with the game, TRU's is $5 as well. I see Kirby Mass Attack is a possible deal on the horizon, if the game is launching with a $30 MSRP (to my knowledge) I'm wondering how much of a GC you're going to give. Chaining that with Starfox 3D might be enough for me to go out and buy it.[/QUOTE]

Is that kirby game going to be like kirby superstar ? I hope so as its one of my favorite games of all time

[quote name='strait edge follower']Is that kirby game going to be like kirby superstar ? I hope so as its one of my favorite games of all time[/QUOTE]

No, it's kind of like Pikmin mixed with Canvas Curse.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I wanted to Finnish the first one so badly. I was loving it untill I got to the desert area. All the sudden my teammates stopped fighting and would just heal me ! No matter what commands I put for them they wouldn't listen and would just heal. Not to mention enemys would pop up out of nowhere and attack you. What was worse is that they can somehow damage you with a melee attack from over 15 feet away from you somehow. These things just broke the game for me and I couldn't play it anymore. Hopefully part 2 fixes these things[/QUOTE]
Did you quit because you no longer wanted to play, or were you stuck in the game? I love old school RPGs, where I might find myself in a tough spot, because I accidentally saved a game at a point that made the game hard to complete. Back in the early nineties, I had a friend who couldn't progress in one of the old Final Fantasy Legend games. I borrowed his game for a week, and pretty worked out of his jam.

[quote name='sadboy']Did you quit because you no longer wanted to play, or were you stuck in the game? I love old school RPGs, where I might find myself in a tough spot, because I accidentally saved a game at a point that made the game hard to complete. Back in the early nineties, I had a friend who couldn't progress in one of the old Final Fantasy Legend games. I borrowed his game for a week, and pretty worked out of his jam.[/QUOTE]

The game just got rediculous cause the ai of my teammates went from good to horrible. I thought the game glitched on me but my teammates would literally not fight anymore and just healed automaticly. No matter what I would try they would still only heal. Fights would take waaaaay to long as I was doing all the damage with my 1 character. The game just wasn't fun when this started happening and it felt like a chore to get to the next area. The game itself wasn't difficult

[quote name='TwistedOrange']It says $60 online...[/QUOTE]
It's in store and I am pretty sure one of the two k-marts near me will have it. Everyone who wanted it already has it except for me who was waiting for a deal on it since my friend is bugging me to buy it.

[quote name='sneezebu']Lol, i don't recall most of those things being standard in RPG combat. Clearly you've confused several genres.[/QUOTE]

It's quite obvious at this point you're unwilling to define what you consider an RPG to be. I have fully detailed the reasons a game is an RPG across it's combat system, quest system, character progression system, and overall gamplay. you've yet to define why it isn't an rpg, but simply insult other people.

good luck with that.

i've played crpgs, jrpgs, srpgs, rogue-likes, and console rpgs for the past 3 decades and and self-admittedly geeky enough to have read books on the subject. i'm pretty sure i know not only what the genres are, but how they interrelate. and more to the point, i'm willing to defend my position, unlike you, who simply says something without actually providing evidence.

i said i didn't want to get into a debate; it's obvious i didn't, since you're not capable of putting forth anything but insults. good luck, sir. no more responses from me.

to anyone else reading this? get Dead Island. Fantastic game.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']they are in-store only. josh is hoping to implement it online when the site goes up. however, that's off in the distance. the 600 sywr points is the amount u gain for buying the game. 10 pts for every dollar u spend. if u purchase in store, u get the 600 sywr pts along with the 20 dollar coupon (if u buy it during its promotional period. for DI, it ends today)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering my question. That's pretty much what I thought the case was, but just wanted someone to confirm. What site are you talking about going up?

[quote name='Just2Dirty']oh my you are sooooooo funnny....

bceause australia doesnt have kmart... we just have kangaroos and pawn shops.[/QUOTE]

And dingos!

I don't see it listed under the expected promotions but will K-Mart be carrying Bit Trip Saga for the 3DS? I think I might want to put my credit towards that.

[quote name='iamsmart']How do these digital receipts work? I got one when I bought Deus Ex, but I noticed I didn't get one when I bought Resistance.[/QUOTE]
Did you check your spam folder? I've always gotten the receipt emailed to me. Even when just buying Doritos.

[quote name='iamsmart']How do these digital receipts work? I got one when I bought Deus Ex, but I noticed I didn't get one when I bought Resistance.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Did you check your spam folder? I've always gotten the receipt emailed to me. Even when just buying Doritos.[/QUOTE]

I think unless you select the digital option on the SYWR site it's up to the cashier to select it each transaction. My Kmart seems to always select it but yours may not.

[quote name='affa']It's quite obvious at this point you're unwilling to define what you consider an RPG to be. I have fully detailed the reasons a game is an RPG across it's combat system, quest system, character progression system, and overall gamplay. you've yet to define why it isn't an rpg, but simply insult other people.

good luck with that.

i've played crpgs, jrpgs, srpgs, rogue-likes, and console rpgs for the past 3 decades and and self-admittedly geeky enough to have read books on the subject. i'm pretty sure i know not only what the genres are, but how they interrelate. and more to the point, i'm willing to defend my position, unlike you, who simply says something without actually providing evidence.

i said i didn't want to get into a debate; it's obvious i didn't, since you're not capable of putting forth anything but insults. good luck, sir. no more responses from me.

to anyone else reading this? get Dead Island. Fantastic game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the credentials bro, i guess now i'll have to admit that all action games and shooters with damage mods and color coded dialogue choices are totally RPGs. Also any game with level ups, quests, or character progression.

Awesome though, because my RPG collection has just ballooned to include most of my games! Infamous? RPG. God of War series? Clearly RPG. Gran Turismo 5? RPG. I'm pretty sure even Endless Ocean is an RPG now, and lets not forget Call of Shooty multiplayer! Obviously an RPG.

I'm guessing $20 coupon like Amazon. $25 would be nice but unlikely.

I'll probably get God of War PSP HD collection thing this week. I really enjoyed the demo and I'd rather not try and deal with the one analog stick PSP controls.

Here's hoping Sneezebu isn't long for this place, he seems incapable of civilized behavior. Anonymous fuckwad theory in effect.

[quote name='FluxDF']Thanks for answering my question. That's pretty much what I thought the case was, but just wanted someone to confirm. What site are you talking about going up?

And dingos![/QUOTE]

glad to help. Josh is, atm, working wit the tech team on developing a site for us or making it so that the kmart site can work for these deals, i forget which one. that way we can use coupons online (i think), preorder, and get these deals without having to go through the store (which has been a major issue for these deals and josh)

[quote name='sneezebu']Thanks for the credentials bro, i guess now i'll have to admit that all action games and shooters with damage mods and color coded dialogue choices are totally RPGs. Also any game with level ups, quests, or character progression.

Awesome though, because my RPG collection has just ballooned to include most of my games! Infamous? RPG. God of War series? Clearly RPG. Gran Turismo 5? RPG. I'm pretty sure even Endless Ocean is an RPG now, and lets not forget Call of Shooty multiplayer! Obviously an RPG.[/QUOTE]

You still haven't told us what an RPG game is to you.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']You still haven't told us what an RPG game is to you.[/QUOTE]

Obviously the only RPG in his collection is Fetch. Nothing else compares.

id probably hop back on at god of war origins, but since dragon quest joker 2 and team ico collection are coming out this month too, i think i may wait awhile

maybe ill hop back on at layton

[quote name='SPVietBoy']glad to help. Josh is, atm, working wit the tech team on developing a site for us or making it so that the kmart site can work for these deals, i forget which one. that way we can use coupons online (i think), preorder, and get these deals without having to go through the store (which has been a major issue for these deals and josh)[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea, considering most K-Marts are very far away from a lot of people. I searched for a store location for a friend that was interested in three of the games on offer this past week and he didn't have a store within 75 miles. His first question was whether the deal was still good online or not. Having the deals online too can't do anything but increase sales. :applause:

[quote name='seanr1221']I just looked at Sneezebu's post history.

He/she won't last long.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Come to think of it didn't Sneezebu join CAG the same day Cheesebu was banned for trolling this thread. Hmmmm that's odd ;)

[quote name='killercane']Well to be fair Dead Island is in high demand and my store only got two copies of star fox. So yeah I would get there early on release day for whatever you want.[/QUOTE]

11am on release day seems early enough no? skipping work to buy a game seems like a ludicrous idea :\

Then again i point out it wasnt just DI, It's every new release in the last 2 weeks :|

Grabbed Star Fox this morning. I looked at where I now know new releases are at this one location and found at least three copies there. There weren't any among the rest of the 3DS/DS games. When I saw a kid approach and look over them thoroughly, I asked if he was looking for Star Fox, but he was actually there to pick up Zelda.

Coupon printed without a problem.

[quote name='Gosha']Hey Josh, someone else posted about $9.99 copies of Third Birthday for PSP. Is this a national thing?[/QUOTE]
The KMart I visited today has them all tagged $19.99, but there was one copy sitting alone without a hard case around it. (Chicago area, all open shelving here.) It was specially tagged $9.99, but in picking it up the shrink wrap felt loose at the clasp. On closer inspection, someone had removed the UMD from the package.

I brought it and one of the hard-cased copies to the register to ask which price was correct. The fully sealed one rang up the full $19.99, and the specially-stickered one was in the system as $9.99. I told him I'd determined the case was empty and should be pulled, and he peeked in, agreed, and put it under the counter.

What I can't help but wonder is why someone working there would have previously determined something was wrong with it and, rather than pulling it then, bother to slap a different barcode and promotional price sticker onto it instead. Unless they simply failed to notice that the split in the shrink wrap had allowed the removal of the game, there is simply no good that could come from attempting to sell it at that point. I'm just going to give everyone the benefit of the doubt on this one. Except the thief. Shaq-fu him.

Josh, for the big releases this fall (Batman, Uncharted), will the deals resemble something like the InFamous 2 deal or buy the game and get a coupon/points/free

[quote name='iPhone']It's a long shot, but is K-Mart going to get Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny?[/QUOTE]
Nope, sorry!

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Josh, for the big releases this fall (Batman, Uncharted), will the deals resemble something like the InFamous 2 deal or buy the game and get a coupon/points/free

@SHC-Gamer or Stockboy: While your answering questions on whether Kmart was stocking certain titles, I am interested to know whether you will stock Tropico 4 for Xbox 360 releasing 9/20 (Gears week), published by Kalypso Media. I just want to know whether it will be carried by Kmart, regardless of whether there is a deal available, as I have a Deus Ex $20 coupon.

Another game to ask about at least, is Kmart planning on carrying Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 for the Nintendo DS? I would love to purchase this from Kmart if given the opportunity ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back