Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Yolky']Hey Josh,

Just for reference, last week both stores in NYC had the new releases except for R3. Penn got 6 copies out on Wednesday but were sold out when I got there. Both stores restocked DI, SM, and Driver but none received more stock for R3. Astor (Broadway) didn't even get any copies of R3. Out of curiosity, I checked Astor on Monday and still nothing.[/QUOTE]

Really? When did they restock DI?

[quote name='Madrocsz']Jumped back on the coupon train, got god of war origins and star fox 64 3ds and both 15$ coupons printed out just fine.

Oh, a suggestion for your sywr card I put it on the cardstar app in my phone and works fine. If you log into your sywr account online you can get your account number and put it in the app and it will make a barcode for it.[/QUOTE]
That's sounds pretty cool. Are there any issues with scanning? edit: Nevermind. I read their FAQ.

Wish I would have read that ny wasn't stock with gow origins, could have saved me a trip to the city. After explaining that I was looking for god of war and not gears of war all I got from the eployeewas "only have it for xbox" I knew it was the second week I woulnd tget my game... nyc needs to wake up if they want myself and others to cntinue to support these deals...

Not sure if this has been posted, but I had trouble using a $20 gaming coupon with the $5 EA sports coupon when I purchased NHL 12. It would not work but the manager did a manual override for the $5. Just wanted to bring it to Josh and everyone's attention.

[quote name='joshdts']Got NHL 12 today, got the $20 coupon PLUS a coupon for 5 Xs pts next week!

However, my $5 ea coupon didn't work. Is it only good on the '11 versions? Not the newer '12 versions ?[/QUOTE]

Same for me on all counts. Got the $20 coupon, 5x card, and a bit of sadness when the $5 coupon didn't work. Said on screen requirement not met, and since the coupon states 2011 EA games, can't even argue to get it to work as some have. Alas

I did find a few 3rd Birthday's for $9.99 in the clearance bin. Don't have a PSP but grabbed one incase I get a Vita down the road.

[quote name='thanossurfer']Not sure if this has been posted, but I had trouble using a $20 gaming coupon with the $5 EA sports coupon when I purchased NHL 12. It would not work but the manager did a manual override for the $5. Just wanted to bring it to Josh and everyone's attention.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem. Why would it work for some and not others? Did the $5 one have to be used first? I used two $20 coupons so I can't return it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I wonder why NYC is struggling lately, doesn't make sense. Thx for letting me know.[/QUOTE]

Penn Station store in NYC does not have any copy of NHL 12... this is according to staff there, and it's first time ever I saw a big NYC store couldn't get a game on release date...:applause:

[quote name='metrostar']Penn Station store in NYC does not have any copy of NHL 12... this is according to staff there, and it's first time ever I saw a big NYC store couldn't get a game on release date...:applause:[/QUOTE]

Astor Place does. I tried calling Penn Station earlier and got answered by a screeching sound, similar to when you call a fax number.

[quote name='jkircos']I had the same problem. Why would it work for some and not others? Did the $5 one have to be used first? I used two $20 coupons so I can't return it.[/QUOTE]

They scanned the $20 first and then my EA coupon.

[quote name='jer7583']I hope that Dragon Age 2 gets a GOTY version soon. I know josh probably can't spill the beans if he knows anything..[\QUOTE]

Why would DA 2 be getting an Ultimate Edition anytime soon? The only DLC it's had is an extra character that was free to early pre-orders, 2 weapon packs, & 1 extra quest that's 2-5 hours long depending on difficulty level & how through you want to be.

Josh, just wanted to let you know that the store in Cortland, NY is excellent. The gaming department is neatly organized with clearly marked clearance. All of the new(er) releases are in the top row of the display case and the associate helping me was very helpful and kind. The coupons printed with no issues. I wish all Kmarts were like this.

[quote name='rawrker']Same for me on all counts. Got the $20 coupon, 5x card, and a bit of sadness when the $5 coupon didn't work. Said on screen requirement not met, and since the coupon states 2011 EA games, can't even argue to get it to work as some have. Alas

I did find a few 3rd Birthday's for $9.99 in the clearance bin. Don't have a PSP but grabbed one incase I get a Vita down the road.[/QUOTE]

umm... last i heard, the vita doesn't do UMD's. unless something's changed? (has it... i would like to be able to play my umds... if not i'll just fix my old psp-1000 or try to pick one up cheap)

[quote name='jza1218']Astor Place does. I tried calling Penn Station earlier and got answered by a screeching sound, similar to when you call a fax number.[/QUOTE]

I actually went there. It is the first Penn Station disappointed me, because Astor Place always served worse than Penn. I guess next time I should call before picking up any new game in Kmart.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']That said, Someone that is buying a console for the first time is basically getting the trilogy for free, might not be the hottest offer ever but it provides contextual value to new box purchasers.[/QUOTE]

I can understand the value for somebody who has never played the Gears series before, but this system really seems to scream out to hardcore Gears fans in my eyes.
Plus I wouldn't say you're getting the WHOLE trilogy for free considering the third game and second controller make up a nice chunk of that $100 premium price tag for the console.

You know I love ya and the deals you make, but this one is just kind of a let down for me. I was hoping to ditch GameStop and buy the console from you, but I can't do it. Sorry my man! I'm sure you'll have more offers through the fall to keep me addicted to the Kmart coupon crack.

[quote name='metrostar']I actually went there. It is the first Penn Station disappointed me, because Astor Place always served worse than Penn. I guess next time I should call before picking up any new game in Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sadly I think that's the way to go as well. Hopefully they won't sell out Day 1 on Batman, which is what I plan on using the NHL coupon.

[quote name='jza1218']Really? When did they restock DI?[/QUOTE] I don't remember as I went there everyday so things are blended together. Could have been later in the week like Thursday/Friday.

The new Kirby DS game is listed in the upcoming offers list, but wasn't mentioned in the blog post. Is it still getting a deal of some sort?

[quote name='Yolky']I don't remember as I went there everyday so things are blended together. Could have been later in the week like Thursday/Friday.[/QUOTE]

It must have sold quick, because when I called Friday they said they had none.

[quote name='LouieT']The new Kirby DS game is listed in the upcoming offers list, but wasn't mentioned in the blog post. Is it still getting a deal of some sort?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Couldn't get my $5 EA coupon to work on NHL 12. Couldn't get an override either.[/QUOTE]

I think the coupon is for $5 off 2011 EA sports games.

Not quite the deal I was expecting for Gears, though that doesn't exclude it from being a good deal. I personally would've switched the 50% off live for the points card at the same discount. Both deals seem geared (lul) for those coming into Gears or back to Xbox in general to me. With that said, for the console at least, Target has you beat this time. Also Josh, on these types of deals, would you ever attach a free $20 point card or even 3 month gold card? Just wondering, where your limits lie this time around.

[quote name='panda911']Not quite the deal I was expecting for Gears, though that doesn't exclude it from being a good deal. I personally would've switched the 50% off live for the points card at the same discount. Both deals seem geared (lul) for those coming into Gears or back to Xbox in general to me. With that said, for the console at least, Target has you beat this time. Also Josh, on these types of deals, would you ever attach a free $20 point card or even 3 month gold card? Just wondering, where your limits lie this time around.[/QUOTE]

Ya Josh....why not make it a 12 month card orrrrrrr 4000 points ;););)

Wow, I really hit the jackpot yesterday. Got NHL 12 & God of War Origins with my $20 Dead Island coupon and $5 EA Sports Coupon (both worked perfectly). Even better, I got a $20 coupon, $15 Coupon and a 10X points SYWR coupon for next week! Couldn't have gone any better - love Kmart!

Also a suggestion - could we have a Gears-like deal for Uncharted later this year? It would be awesome if we could get $30 off a PlaystationPlus membership!

[quote name='beene1000']Wow, I really hit the jackpot yesterday. Got NHL 12 & God of War Origins with my $20 Dead Island coupon and $5 EA Sports Coupon (both worked perfectly). Even better, I got a $20 coupon, $15 Coupon and a 10X points SYWR coupon for next week! Couldn't have gone any better - love Kmart!

Also a suggestion - could we have a Gears-like deal for Uncharted later this year? It would be awesome if we could get $30 off a PlaystationPlus membership![/QUOTE] What were the conditions to get that 10x SYWR coupon? Spend $80+?

[quote name='beene1000']It would be awesome if we could get $30 off a PlaystationPlus membership![/QUOTE]

I might bite on a deal like that.

Hi, Kmart Gamers,

I have issue with the $5 OFF EA Sports Game Coupon from Madden NFL 12.

I tried to use the coupon in both NYC stores for NHL 12, but the coupon couldn't go through the system anyhow. One store told me that the coupon can not be combined with other coupon (even the text on the coupon clearly stated it can be). The other said the coupon is only for EA 2011 games, and NHL 12 is a "2012 game".

I have two of these coupons, if none of them is applied to the new EA games, then they are useless. I really have no interest to buy the old 2011 EA games.

Is it possible that you guys can adjust this issue in the system, so the coupon can be went through?

Thanks a lot.

[quote name='Joartrak']ohhh sadness no point cards with gears 3 :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, i was hoping for that as well, or a deal on another game w/ purchase. This is still a screaming deal though! I still may jump on it regardless, but I usually have never paid more than 30 for 12 month live so it isn't like I feel the need to jump on it. But, it is a great offer. I love gears, but I do not play alot of multiplayer as most so I am thinking of waiting for price drop. Decisions decisions.

The games I will probably make sure I purchase day one the next few months includes: Batman, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Super Mario 3d land, and Saints Row the third (it is looking way to crazy to support). My list used to be large but with economy, price drops happening so quickly, and backlog I have cut my purchases by more than half compared to last year.

Oh, lollipop chainsaw first look is intriguing. I like the crazy from suda51. This may jump on my list

I would like to ask a question being a Kmart noob. If you buy a game that comes with a coupon but you decide you don't want the game and return it unopened do they give you the money back and null the coupon or give you money minus the coupon?

I haven't played the demo for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon yet (though I have it installed), but I'm curious to know what jer7583 thinks of it, as I've noticed his intentions to purchase the game. :)

Its pretty mind blowing that people can complain about GeoWar 3 having "just" a $20 coupon, even if you aren't interested in another year of live.

[quote name='sneezebu']Its pretty mind blowing that people can complain about GeoWar 3 having "just" a $20 coupon, even if you aren't interested in another year of live.[/QUOTE]

I think it's just that there's a $20 coupon practically everywhere AND you get a pre-order skin so the xbox live bonus either makes or breaks the deal for them.

Josh - Any news on the PS3 release of Child of Eden? The price on the 360 version has tanked, and move games have seen some major cuts in the past few weeks. Seems like you could make an argument for a good deal on this if your carrying it.

$20 for a year of LIVE is nothing to scoff at. After using my Dead Island coupon, I can get Gears 3, a year of XBL AND another $20 coupon for the retail 59.99 cost of the game. That's an incredible deal! I just hope my kmart has stock of both the game and the 12 month cards come Tuesday.

[quote name='crookshow']$20 for a year of LIVE is nothing to scoff at. After using my Dead Island coupon, I can get Gears 3, a year of XBL AND another $20 coupon for the retail 59.99 cost of the game. That's an incredible deal! I just hope my kmart has stock of both the game and the 12 month cards come Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Live cards are normal $60.

One more thing- I got an email last week that I accidentally deleted sayng that there was going to be a SYWR even for 5x points. I think it said it was on the 17th. Did anyone else get this? (I've might have been a VIP offer only)

I was going to buy that 4GB 360 bundle this week, but I'll wait for the points multiplier if I'm not imagining things.

[quote name='sampyle']I think it's just that there's a $20 coupon practically everywhere AND you get a pre-order skin so the xbox live bonus either makes or breaks the deal for them.[/QUOTE]
Isn't it just Walmart.com and Amazon?

I would have done points but Microsoft has a program with live subscription cards which helped me hit half off.

Still $50 in potential value on a huge title, I am thinking it should stand as the best offer but we will see!

[quote name='metrostar']Does anyone find any PSP games clearance sale in a NYC store? I only saw clearance for other consoles.[/QUOTE]

None in the pen station store. The lowest priced games I've seen are for 14.99

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Isn't it just Walmart.com and Amazon?

I would have done points but Microsoft has a program with live subscription cards which helped me hit half off.

Still $50 in potential value on a huge title, I am thinking it should stand as the best offer but we will see![/QUOTE]

Personally i like walmart.com's Gears of War 3 (standard Edition) + Gears of War 3 Xbox Wireless Controller + $20 eGift Card + DLC Character = $99.99 because you're getting the DLC, you're getting $20 of the controller and you're still getting the $20 Gift Card.

However I got in on the buy.com deal for the Gears of war 3 controller and my Xbox live will be up in a few months so I'll still end up getting my game at Kmart.

P.S. any idea why people are having trouble stacking the $5 off EA coupon with other $ off Gaming Coupons?

It wouldn't work for me either.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Live cards are normal $60.[/QUOTE]

This is another issue I have; Several times a year you can find XBL subscriptions sold for $40 or even $35. Getting it at $30 is a steal but I dont feel like I"m saving $30 because I don't know anyone that pays MSRP for those. It's like the signs in the Kmart gaming department that advertise a $50 savings on PS3 consoles..

..well you're not saving $50 when it is a universal price drop.

I was waiting to see the Gears deal, not what I was expecting (not complaining, though). I would've preferred a points deal or a $25 coupon, since it has been done before and is more temptingnto me. Although, I was waiting for today to see if I should cancel my pre-order from Amazon, I'm not sure that I will. I have a $20 coupon from buying Deus Ex, but I might use it towards something else a week or two from now (especially since I got in on the Buy.com XBL starter pack deal for $42 last month).

[quote name='GamerbyDesign']I would like to ask a question being a Kmart noob. If you buy a game that comes with a coupon but you decide you don't want the game and return it unopened do they give you the money back and null the coupon or give you money minus the coupon?[/QUOTE]

I was actually wondering that same question myself. Anyone with an answer?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Isn't it just Walmart.com and Amazon?

Still $50 in potential value on a huge title, I am thinking it should stand as the best offer but we will see![/QUOTE]

Josh its a great deal. Someone is going to bitch about it even if you gave them the card for $10, some are going to want points cards, higher value coupons or a free game.

But I have a question on the $5 coupon on EA sports games. All I bought was NHL 2012 and the coupon did not work. Is it because I used the Madden coupon as well? Its only $5 but I would have liked to have used it.

Also will you have a deal on the Kirby Wii game as well?

I have a question. I'm thinking of using my $20 and $5 coupons towards NHL 12...If i do, would I still get the $20 coupon for buying NHL 12? I sure hope so, as I'd like to use that towards GOW3. Thanks in advance

[quote name='pdm76']I have a question. I'm thinking of using my $20 and $5 coupons towards NHL 12...If i do, would I still get the $20 coupon for buying NHL 12? I sure hope so, as I'd like to use that towards GOW3. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Yes, you'd be on the coupon train:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back