Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='medetron']Has anyone in the NYC area been able to get god of war origins? both Penn station and the one on Broadway both didn't have it on Tuesday. was wondering if there was a stock issue or if its somewhere sitting in a box in the back or something..[/QUOTE]

Not sure which one is Penn station and which is broadway but store 7749 has a couple of copies on hand.

[quote name='Gerry P.']Reread the OP. It says to buy GOW now and you will get a coupon valid from 9-18 to 10-29.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. How long do these coupons usually last? I'm guessing since they are giving you the time window this can be used that its shorter than most other coupons? I usually go with Amazon so I'm not very familiar with Kmart.

I need a quick answer either from Josh or a local who knows : My best friend lives in Hawaii and he tells me that (in general) the great game deals we often see on the mainland from the major chains aren't active in Hawaii stores. Are these Kmart deals (and specifically the Gears 3 one next week) available to folks who live in the Islands as well?

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='Decker']I need a quick answer either from Josh or a local who knows : My best friend lives in Hawaii and he tells me that (in general) the great game deals we often see on the mainland from the major chains aren't active in Hawaii stores. Are these Kmart deals (and specifically the Gears 3 one next week) available to folks who live in the Islands as well?

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

In the FAQ on the first page of this thread, it says that if a deal is on KMARTGamer.com, it's available at all KMART stores. I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work in Hawaii KMART stores.

[quote name='Marauder7']There was one sitting at the glass case that's next to the register as of 6PM yesterday in Penn Station. Was looking for Star Fox but didn't have any in stock. They also had Star Craft 2 with the DS/3DS game cabinet.[/QUOTE]

There were like 3 copies of Star Fox at Astor Place store on Tuesday.

For next week deal discussion, it is a great offer for the Gears of War 3, but the only concern might be there is no Xbox Live 12 months card in stock, at least I didn't see any in two NYC stores, and it is also out of stock online.

Hey Josh, any plans for another deal on the $20 or under games? Or even another "buy x amount worth of games, get a coupon" deal? I just visited my local K-Mart to get Star Fox 3D and found quite a few $20 and under games I wouldn't mind owning, but I couldn't bring myself to buy them knowing a deal might hit down the road and I'll be kicking myself for not waiting.

Thanks in advance!

Southgate MI- Told today all sold outof NHL 12 both 360/PS3, and GOW Origins collection, though there was no empty slot nor stickers in display case. I call BS on that. So cant use my 20 gaming coupon and now worried Gears of War 3 won't be there, very disappointed.

[quote name='GamerbyDesign']I would like to ask a question being a Kmart noob. If you buy a game that comes with a coupon but you decide you don't want the game and return it unopened do they give you the money back and null the coupon or give you money minus the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows?

[quote name='metrostar']For next week deal discussion, it is a great offer for the Gears of War 3, but the only concern might be there is no Xbox Live 12 months card in stock, at least I didn't see any in two NYC stores, and it is also out of stock online.[/QUOTE]
I'm concerned about this same exact situation. I gotta check if my store has any 12 month cards in stock as I'm pretty much ready to cancel my Amazon Epic Edition and buy it from Kmart instead.

hopefully josh gives us some info for allocation on hardened editions for MW3 today, I am set on buying this edition but my store didn't get any last year... Also surprised to see NHL 12 on 360 sell out yesterday, we only got 2 copies but had them both sold before noon (almost never happens), one to a regular and one to a guy new to these deals. We have also had quite a few new gaming customers come in lately for these deals, so its good to see the word spread in my area finally.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Not sure which one is Penn station and which is broadway but store 7749 has a couple of copies on hand.[/QUOTE]

Star Fox? That's the Penn Station and was told they were out of them. Guess I'll give it another shot. Thanks Stock Boy.

[quote name='GamerbyDesign']I would like to ask a question being a Kmart noob. If you buy a game that comes with a coupon but you decide you don't want the game and return it unopened do they give you the money back and null the coupon or give you money minus the coupon?[/QUOTE]

What I've been told is that they will ask you to had over the coupon. If you do not have the coupon or used it already they will minus it out of the return.

Josh do you know anything about two worlds 2 Game of the Year edition? Maybe kmart is still holding too much inventory of the original, though.

might have to get gears 3. I have never enjoyed the multiplayer in those games but i'm interested in how they finish up the story.

Last edited:
[quote name='Gore']October 11th for RDR GotY. Looks like it will be $49.99. Any ideas if there will be a coupon or something else on release?[/QUOTE]
Probably not, still own too much of the original.

[quote name='jer7583']Josh do you know anything about two worlds 2 Game of the Year edition? Maybe kmart is still holding too much inventory of the original, though.

might have to get gears 3. I have never enjoyed the multiplayer in those games but i'm interested in how they finish up the story.[/QUOTE]
To be honest, not a huge fan of GOTY editions in general. I'll play in must haves but they usually don't do too hot.

[quote name='martinez91']hopefully josh gives us some info for allocation on hardened editions for MW3 today, I am set on buying this edition but my store didn't get any last year... Also surprised to see NHL 12 on 360 sell out yesterday, we only got 2 copies but had them both sold before noon (almost never happens), one to a regular and one to a guy new to these deals. We have also had quite a few new gaming customers come in lately for these deals, so its good to see the word spread in my area finally.[/QUOTE]
If you get a in a position in which you are selling out definitely email us so we can adjust your qty's.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']I'm concerned about this same exact situation. I gotta check if my store has any 12 month cards in stock as I'm pretty much ready to cancel my Amazon Epic Edition and buy it from Kmart instead.[/QUOTE]
If the cards are not in stock I'll be able to help out.

[quote name='Luuc']Hey Josh, any plans for another deal on the $20 or under games? Or even another "buy x amount worth of games, get a coupon" deal? I just visited my local K-Mart to get Star Fox 3D and found quite a few $20 and under games I wouldn't mind owning, but I couldn't bring myself to buy them knowing a deal might hit down the road and I'll be kicking myself for not waiting.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
Hint: November

[quote name='jer7583']Josh do you know anything about two worlds 2 Game of the Year edition? Maybe kmart is still holding too much inventory of the original, though.

might have to get gears 3. I have never enjoyed the multiplayer in those games but i'm interested in how they finish up the story.[/QUOTE]

Haha, who named Two Worlds 2 for GOTY?

I actually had no idea they had one coming out. But am confident we won't carry it. It is still at $59.99 which makes it tough for them to convince us to buy more of another version to undercut the one we still have inventory on.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Haha, who named Two Worlds 2 for GOTY?

I actually had no idea they had one coming out. But am confident we won't carry it. It is still at $59.99 which makes it tough for them to convince us to buy more of another version to undercut the one we still have inventory on.[/QUOTE]

lol, the developers honestly nominated themselves since nobody else would do it. Its not a bad game, its just not worth paying MSRP for. It should of dropped to $19.99 ages ago and released the GOTY version at $29.99 much like Oblivions (which is a far superior game). That would at least make more sense to do.

I bought Star Fox 3D on Sunday, and they told me that the coupon deal had expired with the new weekly ad. Didn't know of any other deals, so I just bought the game. Should that be good at all KMarts? Do I have any options for getting it back?

How is stock going to be on Gears 3? Not another 3 copies per store situation hopefully. I'm still debating on getting it but if I do, it will be at Kmart since my Gold just expired and I discovered my headset is broken.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Probably not, still own too much of the original.[/QUOTE]

In that case, we gonna see a clearance on the original RDR's? I bought the Undead Nightmare collection on PSN when it was on sale so I need a copy of the original RDR.

[quote name='Killbomb']How is stock going to be on Gears 3? Not another 3 copies per store situation hopefully. I'm still debating on getting it but if I do, it will be at Kmart since my Gold just expired and I discovered my headset is broken.[/QUOTE]

For some perspective my store only gets a handful (2-5) of most new releases but received about 15 of gears. I'm sure this is the minimum

[quote name='sadboy']At this rate, there should be Game of the Year editions for all games. >:'([/QUOTE]

Any game with a lot of DLC will more than likely have a GOTY/Ultimate edition.

you know, I'm trying to find out who gave two worlds two game of the year, and I'm realizing that two worlds 2 came out this year.

Silly germans!

Anyway after looking it up it seems like a kind of super high end limited edition that they'll probably only sell online anyway. I thought it was more like a greatest hits release with DLC.

And the game did technically release in November of 2010 in Europe, and i'm sure some fan site gave it game of the year or something.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/16/two-worlds-2-velvet-goty-edition-defies-logic/

We're pretty sure there isn't an outlet on the planet who awarded Two Worlds 2 with the honor of game of the year -- we know, we checked. Online. We're only a little over halfway through this year, but it's not stopping Topware Interactive

From July 16th of 2011.

[quote name='metrostar']There were like 3 copies of Star Fox at Astor Place store on Tuesday.

For next week deal discussion, it is a great offer for the Gears of War 3, but the only concern might be there is no Xbox Live 12 months card in stock, at least I didn't see any in two NYC stores, and it is also out of stock online.[/QUOTE]

Penn station definitely has the 12 month cards. As you enter the electronics section walk straight in the aisle( not right like you heading to the cashier, it's where they have the sale PS3 games and whatnot and where the endcap starts) and look left where the accessories are they have them there.

[quote name='martinez91']For some perspective my store only gets a handful (2-5) of most new releases but received about 15 of gears. I'm sure this is the minimum[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Didn't want to have to get up at 8am and scramble for a copy. :D

[quote name='medetron']Has anyone in the NYC area been able to get god of war origins? both Penn station and the one on Broadway both didn't have it on Tuesday. was wondering if there was a stock issue or if its somewhere sitting in a box in the back or something..[/QUOTE]

I picked up what appeared to be the last copy at the Middle Village store in Queens this morning because there seem to be space where more copies were and Astor Place was soldout because there was a gap for it in front of Gran Turismo 5. I also didn't see any at Penn Station as I had went to all 3 stores this morning.

[quote name='boogie4114']Penn station definitely has the 12 month cards. As you enter the electronics section walk straight in the aisle( not right like you heading to the cashier, it's where they have the sale PS3 games and whatnot and where the endcap starts) and look left where the accessories are they have them there.[/QUOTE]

OK, thanks, I think I didn't look through that area, but I am sure Astor Place doesn't have that. They even posted up a "temporary out of stock" tag in the xbox accessories section for a while.

There is a concern about Penn Station store, they seem run out of game stock sooner than Astor Place. Just like the Star Fox, they had the game sold out in one morning. Sometimes they also don't have the games in stock on the release date. Maybe Astor's electronics department is bigger and receiving more items than Penn Station.

Meanwhile, does Kmart's website no longer provide in-store pickup feature? I think the option is really helpful and let us to figure out the store inventory without calling. You know, sometimes even calling store will not give you the real answer...

[quote name='KishPrime']I bought Star Fox 3D on Sunday, and they told me that the coupon deal had expired with the new weekly ad. Didn't know of any other deals, so I just bought the game. Should that be good at all KMarts? Do I have any options for getting it back?[/QUOTE]

If it's unopened, you should be able to return/rebuy at any KMart location and get the coupon. If it's been opened, your best option is probably to email Josh your receipt and see if he can get you the value of the coupon.

Hey Josh,

Thought I'd ask again since this got lost in the shuffle yesterday. Are there any plans for a sale or a price drop on the Prince of Persia trilogy for PS3?

Thanks!

[quote name='Killbomb']How is stock going to be on Gears 3? Not another 3 copies per store situation hopefully. I'm still debating on getting it but if I do, it will be at Kmart since my Gold just expired and I discovered my headset is broken.[/QUOTE]

My store (in Martinez/Augusta, GA) got about 30 copies.

It really depends on the game and location.

[quote name='MasterX']My store (in Martinez/Augusta, GA) got about 30 copies.

It really depends on the game and location.[/QUOTE]

Did you get any LE copies?

I went to my local Kmart to day wanting to buy God of War Origins/Star Fox.....
only to find it is going out of business.
$#$@%#!@#@!#@

Good thing I used my last coupon on Zelda 3ds a while back.
I'm not surprised that location is shutting down (old store, barely have any customers, games are rarely available on release date), just disappointed.
I still have about $150 in Kmart giftcards.... dang it.
Guess I have to be on the lookout for online deals at Kmart.com.
Hopefully, the Kmart online coupon system will kick in soon.
The next closest Kmart is about 1/2 an hr drive away... way too far

[quote name='nbballard']Josh - you still around?

Asked yesterday, but it got overlooked. Anything planned for Child of Eden on PS3? (or are you even carrying it?)[/QUOTE]
Not looking solid on Child of Eden PS3, I know it is not a "Move" game per se but it fits the mold which is pretty much a death sentence.

[quote name='GPrime101']Hey Josh,

Thought I'd ask again since this got lost in the shuffle yesterday. Are there any plans for a sale or a price drop on the Prince of Persia trilogy for PS3?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Not currently but I'll definitely put it in the hopper.

So I have been waiting all week for my local Kmart to get the God of War Origins Collection because I want to score a deal on it and they have yet to get in a single game of releases this week(they claim anyways).

I went in on Tuesday to pick it up and it wasn't there(pretty common at the Carroll, IA store as I've also heard from a lot of other people other places) AND I've called electronics there every day since and as of today they still haven't received any games shipment from UPS. Any suggestions Josh or anybody? I was going to get it from Amazon but I like to spread the love to Kmart when I can..

so is move just pretty much over now? Sony doesn't seem terribly interested in supporting it, aside from that "Good Job Jeremy" game.

the 50% fire sale at gamestop seemed like trouble. I don't know anybody who owns one.

Is it weird that I'm more excited for Super Mario 3D Land after seeing its (not-yet-confirmed-but-I'm-thinking-it-might-as-well-be) box art? It's so whimsical and elegant (I love the little tail on Mario's shadow)...and simple. :D

Is a $15 deal all that will happen with this one, Josh? Or is there a chance of something more given the brand recognition? ;)

man... my next purchase from kmart might be that spiderman game dependin on the reviews (just whether or not its worth buyin) and price of shattered dimensions... maybe x-men destiny... wonder wat the deals for those might be

btw josh, how long is it supposed to take for a gift card to come from u? i emailed you awhile back about the 3ds drop but i haven't received anything (over a month now i guess?)

[quote name='bobphone']What's the Kirby deal? $10?[/QUOTE]

Curious also. I received an e-mail saying my SYWR points are expiring soon, and Kirby is the only thing I can thing of that I'd use them on. Of course, the last thing I need is another new game. I WAY backed up--something like 20 games deep--and I'm adding Gears 3 and Dead Rising: Off the Record to that pile.

[quote name='Achilles00']Curious also. I received an e-mail saying my SYWR points are expiring soon, and Kirby is the only thing I can thing of that I'd use them on. Of course, the last thing I need is another new game. I WAY backed up--something like 20 games deep--and I'm adding Gears 3 and Dead Rising: Off the Record to that pile.[/QUOTE]Did that email say "your SYWR points may be expiring"? I think a lot of people got that same email (myself included), and as long as you used most/all of your points on any purchase since last September, you don't have to worry about any points expiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back