Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like stock has been an issue for the second week in a row. Hopefully this is resolved soon for the oct/nov releases.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']In that case, we gonna see a clearance on the original RDR's? I bought the Undead Nightmare collection on PSN when it was on sale so I need a copy of the original RDR.[/QUOTE] I second this question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cancelled my Gears Epic Edition from Amazon so I can buy it at Kmart Tuesday morning instead. Gonna be there bright and early at 8am to make sure I get one since I missed out on the Deus Ex Augmented Edition.
Gears Console and Persona 2 at GameStop, Gears Epic Edition at Kmart along with a year of Live and potentially Shadows of the Damned for $30 from Kmart as well.
Good lord this is going to be an expensive week...

[quote name='unknown0']Canceling my Amazon preorder to buy at Kmart. Can you buy Microsoft points with the Gears of War 3 gift card?[/QUOTE]
You could put it towards the purchase of a 4000 point card. You could not use it on just a 1600 point card though since those are 19.99 (less than the $20.00 minimum requirement of the coupon).

Anybody else holding their breath for Gears next week? After Dead Island week (and a few others recently) it's looking like it could be complete chaos with people turning up early to snag Gears or one of the limited editions.

On another note, the coupon train is certainly awesome but I still just can't fully commit. By it's very nature it's dividing up my gaming budget! Until Kmart either creates a viable trade-in program or a way to transfer credit (from somebody who does do trade ins) over there makes itself known, I'm still being divided.

Look at Amazon, they usually offer comparable coupon/credit deals AND do trade-ins. So most of the time I only jump ship to K Mart when they beat out Amazon/Best Buy like they did with Dead Island.

[quote name='JKSonic']Anybody else holding their breath for Gears next week? After Dead Island week (and a few others recently) it's looking like it could be complete chaos with people turning up early to snag Gears or one of the limited editions. [/QUOTE]

I'm would think Kmart would stock more copies of Gears than DI but stranger things have happened. I may have to go before work to pickup a limited edition and hopefully the night crew at Penn Station will have the game put out into the case.

Any ideas how widespread the limited and epic editions at K-Mart stores? Or do you still need to try contacting StockBoy to at least send you a copy to your store?

[quote name='Marauder7']I'm would think Kmart would stock more copies of Gears than DI but stranger things have happened. I may have to go before work to pickup a limited edition and hopefully the night crew at Penn Station will have the game put out into the case.[/QUOTE]

On average stores will have about 25 of the standard edition. Any variation depends on how good of a gaming store your store is.

As for Limited Editions, about 1 in 3 stores will have a 2 copies, Epic, about 1 in 6 stores will have 2 copies. We expect those to sell out day 1.

[quote name='jer7583']so is move just pretty much over now? Sony doesn't seem terribly interested in supporting it, aside from that "Good Job Jeremy" game.

the 50% fire sale at gamestop seemed like trouble. I don't know anybody who owns one.[/QUOTE]
We ran the same offer like gamestop, its definitely been a tough market for Move games.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We ran the same offer like gamestop, its definitely been a tough market for Move games.[/QUOTE]
I can see why, Move costs like what $75 maybe close to $100 for entry (without the navigation controller). That's more than half of what a Wii costs with Mario Kart.

[quote name='Marauder7']I'm would think Kmart would stock more copies of Gears than DI but stranger things have happened. I may have to go before work to pickup a limited edition and hopefully the night crew at Penn Station will have the game put out into the case.[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not I saw 2 or 3 Limited Editions at Penn Station already in the glass case but its hidden behind where they put the newer games in front of the register. You gotta have a good eye and you can see the spine of the game. No I did not ask to ring it up as I know it wouldn't work. But it is not clearly visible where everyone can notice it and ask to buy it now.

It's definitely an amazing offer, I love what they did, but I'm thinking just from a consumer perspective it looks like round 1 they did not offer anything for Deus, Madden, Gears 3 straight up (maybe I missed it), it may be a trend.....

Personally I also think that the following titles will not see industry discounts the first 30 days which I think a lot of people are banking on......

• Gears 3
  • Forza 4
  • NBA 2k12
  • Rage
  • Uncharted 3
  • MW3
  • Skyrim
  • Halo Anniversary
  • Batman AC

I'm also thinking that we are going to hit a $20+ on 20+ titles. Definitely feeling better about our positioning.

Would love to get your feedback.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's definitely an amazing offer, I love what they did, but I'm thinking just from a consumer perspective it looks like round 1 they did not offer anything for Deus, Madden, Gears 3 straight up (maybe I missed it), it may be a trend.....

Personally I also think that the following titles will not see industry discounts the first 30 days which I think a lot of people are banking on......

• Gears 3
  • Forza 4
  • NBA 2k12
  • Rage
  • Uncharted 3
  • MW3
  • Skyrim
  • Halo Anniversary
  • Batman AC
I'm also thinking that we are going to hit a $20+ on 20+ titles. Definitely feeling better about our positioning.

Would love to get your feedback.[/QUOTE]

Josh, you're mopping the floor with them. I'm sure some will say how at BB you can price match games as a part of their deal, which is true, but the vast majority of posts I've read on their deal have been people worried about the specifics and angry there are no additional incentives.

Meanwhile, not only have you guys offered coupons on a broader range of games, you've also offered ADDITIONAL incentives for major titles (like the discounted Live membership with Gears & the $5 EA coupon with Madden).

In terms of a wide selection of titles with coupons and other incentives, no one comes close to Kmart.

[quote name='beene1000']Josh, you're mopping the floor with them. I'm sure some will say how at BB you can price match games as a part of their deal, which is true, but the vast majority of posts I've read on their deal have been people worried about the specifics and angry there are no additional incentives.

Meanwhile, not only have you guys offered coupons on a broader range of games, you've also offered ADDITIONAL incentives for major titles (like the discounted Live membership with Gears & the $5 EA coupon with Madden).

In terms of a wide selection of titles with coupons and other incentives, no one comes close to Kmart.[/QUOTE]
At least from an offer perspective lol, thanks though :)

Actual customer experience still sucks and stuff in many locations so still some huge hurdles to overcome.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's definitely an amazing offer, I love what they did, but I'm thinking just from a consumer perspective it looks like round 1 they did not offer anything for Deus, Madden, Gears 3 straight up (maybe I missed it), it may be a trend.....

• Gears 3
  • Forza 4
  • NBA 2k12
  • Rage
  • Uncharted 3
  • MW3
  • Skyrim
  • Halo Anniversary
  • Batman AC

I don't like that they aren't catering to the casual customer . It seems like they are banking on most customers to pre-order 5 games while some maybe be interested in only 1. But it's a win win for me because I know some titles they wouldn't touch with a 10in pole on release week ( HD collections, 3DS games) with gc offers that I can get at Kmart instead like I did with God of War this week. I will use that for the Ico or Splinter Cell collection.

As far as the titles you see not getting discounts I can only see Uncharted and possibly Skyrim not getting deals. I would be surprised if Gears doesn't get something off since it's coming out the same time as Halo Reach did for last year and there were plenty of sales to go around.

Not sure about Forza as I'm not really interested but I can see 2k12 go down due to a sales decline because it doesn't look like their will be a season. Rage is hit or miss because people are waiting for reviews and it's not an establised IP.

Batman can possibly go down because I can see Warner taking the same approach they did with Mortal Kombat even though the sales are good for it.

I can see MW 3 being bundled with another game as a package deal similar to what you did with Black Ops last year with the $25 off select game which would make it a no brainer for me.

Halo was already $29.99 at newegg before so maybe there will be a deal where if you buy Gears you can get x amount off Halo. If Microsoft wants to push sales they should attempt that.

[quote name='boogie4114']I don't like that they aren't catering to the casual customer . It seems like they are banking on most customers to pre-order 5 games while some maybe be interested in only 1. But it's a win win for me because I know some titles they wouldn't touch with a 10in pole on release week ( HD collections, 3DS games) with gc offers that I can get at Kmart instead like I did with God of War this week. I will use that for the Ico or Splinter Cell collection.

As far as the titles you see not getting discounts I can only see Uncharted and possibly Skyrim not getting deals. I would be surprised if Gears doesn't get something off since it's coming out the same time as Halo Reach did for last year and there were plenty of sales to go around.

Not sure about Forza as I'm not really interested but I can see 2k12 go down due to a sales decline because it doesn't look like their will be a season. Rage is hit or miss because people are waiting for reviews and it's not an establised IP.

Batman can possibly go down because I can see Warner taking the same approach they did with Mortal Kombat even though the sales are good for it.

I can see MW 3 being bundled with another game as a package deal similar to what you did with Black Ops last year with the $25 off select game which would make it a no brainer for me.

Halo was already $29.99 at newegg before so maybe there will be a deal where if you buy Gears you can get x amount off Halo. If Microsoft wants to push sales they should attempt that.[/QUOTE]
I seem them definitely being discounted but I know at least from a MAP perspective they should not be in the first 30 days. Things can change though that's for sure.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']At least from an offer perspective lol, thanks though :)

Actual customer experience still sucks and stuff in many locations so still some huge hurdles to overcome.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate having you on cag. Keep having deals like this and you've got a long term customer in me. The last game I purchased was cod black ops and before that was Bioshock 2. I rarely buy retail games anymore but hey, when you're throwing in a $20 gaming coupon I think i'll finally start buying more.

Hope you all do $20+ gaming coupons on Fifa 12, Forza 4, MW3 and other games and i'll keep buying them. I haven't purchased a game from kmart within a promo time so Gears 3 will be my first. Guess all I gotta do is sign up in store real quick for the 'shop your way rewards' then purchase the game and expect my $20 gaming coupon to be usable within a couple of days or so. Was going to order from amazon but would rather get to playing early than waiting in the late evening for ups to finally arrive.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I seem them definitely being discounted but I know at least from a MAP perspective they should not be in the first 30 days. Things can change though that's for sure.[/QUOTE]

These publishers better think twice then if they wanna fight for our gaming dollars because if they wait too long they should know that most will wait until the beginning of the new year to get some of these titles because there will not be enough time to play everything. I'm the type of gamer that likes to play 1 game at a time (excluding sport games) until I'm done and don't like going back and forth between games. I also usually don't unseal the game until I'm ready to play it.

I'm canceling my best buy pre-orders. just not interested in paying full price up front. plus the $100 reward zone has to be used on a $100+ purchase, which is dumb, because after i've already bought most of the games for the year, what am i going to use the $100 reward zone on?

[quote name='boogie4114']Believe it or not I saw 2 or 3 Limited Editions at Penn Station already in the glass case but its hidden behind where they put the newer games in front of the register. You gotta have a good eye and you can see the spine of the game. No I did not ask to ring it up as I know it wouldn't work. But it is not clearly visible where everyone can notice it and ask to buy it now.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'll have to drop by and pick it up than. Josh can you send me gift card if Kmart does let me purchase it since the offer isn't in place yet? :lol:

[quote name='boogie4114']These publishers better think twice then if they wanna fight for our gaming dollars because if they wait too long they should know that most will wait until the beginning of the new year to get some of these titles because there will not be enough time to play everything. I'm the type of gamer that likes to play 1 game at a time (excluding sport games) until I'm done and don't like going back and forth between games. I also usually don't unseal the game until I'm ready to play it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's gotten to the point that games go on sale or lose value quickly. Cod 4 and Cod WaW still sell for about $10-$20, even Brink that came out a few months ago has gone on sale cheaper than those games lol. With offers like a $20 gaming coupon @ launch for a game it makes it better overall.

[quote name='Marauder7']Maybe I'll have to drop by and pick it up than. Josh can you send me gift card if Kmart does let me purchase it since the offer isn't in place yet? :lol:[/QUOTE]

the registers won't allow the sale. they're street dated. every store has had copies for like, a week probably

• Gears 3
  • Forza 4
  • NBA 2k12
  • Rage
  • Uncharted 3
  • MW3
  • Skyrim
  • Halo Anniversary
  • Batman AC

I think it really depends on what is important to you and what sort of market you live in.

Personally, I don't think BB will repeat this offer again soon, at least not the way it stands. It's too convoluted, and will probably be screwed up for too many people. Now, I am not above reaching out to their regular and exec CS folks, so I know it will get taken care of eventually, but still.

On their end, there are several benefits. First, the $100 can be applied to anything BB sells, and worst case converted into Amazon money. So I have absolutely no worries about not spending it. They also do offer DLC bonuses on some titles (not too important to me) and whatever the RZ points will be for buying all of them (so some additional discount there, more so for Silver RZ members).

Also, I personally do believe, that in my 45-day Silver RZ pricematch window, at least some of the games will drop at other B&M retailers. BB doesn't have much going for them most of the time, but given that even Amazon no longer offers post-purchase price protection, I love not having to think about buyer's remorse the minute I purchase something. That's pretty important to me.

On the K-mart end, the deals are consistently solid, and I love the game/points/membership discounts/bundles that you do. At the same time, the coupon expiration/timing can sometimes get hairy, depending on the release schedule and what all you want to buy.

Also, I loathe my K-mart store. Lately I just really dislike going there and dealing with the staff, and here's the thing - since customer experience is super important to me, I am now (since it has become worse) willing to lose about $5 per deal just so that I don't have to deal with that.

Again, this will compare very differently for various folks, so it's just my two cents.

• Gears 3
  • Forza 4
  • NBA 2k12
  • Rage
  • Uncharted 3
  • MW3
  • Skyrim
  • Halo Anniversary
  • Batman AC

One of the biggest problems with the 5/100 deal is you have to pay $300 to get $100 back. I like K-marts deals a lot better because I can get x amount off a game at the moment. Best Buy is hoping that your a hardcore gamer who is willing to plop down $300, while K-mart says it's ok if you don't want Rage or Skyrim, or MW3, here are other great games you can still get deals on. Plus there selection was really limited. I don't want Gears, 3, Arkham City, MW3, and well I would have to buy games I don't want. K-mart offers a flexibility in buying games and just getting $20 off a game now via coupon is way better than getting $100 after you spent $300 and have nothing to buy :lol:

Also I don't expect Skyrim, Gears, Halo, Forza, MW3, Uncharted 3 to get a drop until like maybe at least 6 months to a year after. Just because they know people will pay retail.

well i'm sure kmart does not consider it part of their competition with best buy that they make credit for a competing retailer available for purchase with their own store credit/rewards..

The $100 reward zone prints off as one certificate, and it has an expiration date as well.

If your store is not performing well, you should try to contact corporate about it and make a complaint. they do listen.

The only reason I went to BB to attempt the 5/100 deal was because I was able to generate store credit by trading in games. I have been on the fence on whether I will follow through with it because of the requirement of 5 games. Too many good games (that have long time requirements such as multiplayer or being an RPG) all come out around the same time, that I know I will have to decide which to play and which to shelve. And unfortunately paying full MSRP for a game just for it to sit idle is un-CAG like. Most likely by the time the shelved game gets played it is available for 50% or less.

Granted if there are any price drops then BB will PM making the 5/100+PM closer to $35 off the original $59.99 MSRP on day 1. Hoping for a PM opportunity within 30 days on games such as BF3, MW3, ES may be unrealistic though as they are Top Tier games and most likely will hold at MSRP for months.

Also, the BB deal is, how do kids say it these days, "da bomb", because it includes Just Dance 3, with BB-exclusive Katy Perry tracks, and you pretty much get $20 for buying a $40 game that will sell a billion copies. (Half kidding about some part of that sentence.) ;)

[quote name='predseth']Hey Josh, seems like Kirby DS is getting ignored. Can we get word one way or another over an offer for it?[/QUOTE]

I asked the question on Facebook and got this response back:

"Thanks! And with that compliment I will shoot myself in the foot as it appears no launch deal could be worked out.....we pictured the wrong item in our ad this week and do not have the corresponding funding to pull of an offer."

So... I guess no deal on Kirby. No worries since I'll just use my two $15 coupons on Kirby and then save the 10X bonus points to use when I purchase Gears of War 3.

• Gears 3
  • Forza 4
  • NBA 2k12
  • Rage
  • Uncharted 3
  • MW3
  • Skyrim
  • Halo Anniversary
  • Batman AC

I personally think Kmart offers have been far better than the Best Buy offer for me at least. Best Buy's list of eligible games for their promotion included only 2 or 3 that I planned on purchasing, plus like others have said you have to spend all the credit all at once AFTER you pay full price for all five games. With the Kmart method I can get on the coupon train and save money on each purchase. Kmart's deals just fit my wants better I suppose.

Yeah, to be honest some Kmart stores really do suck service-wise, although the only time I had a major problem with mine was the 3DS launch and BB screwed up nearly as bad that day (Kmart had NOTHING on the shelf, BB refused to sell games because "they come out on Tuesday"). The vast majority of the time though, I get what I came for and get a great deal on it. in the end I'll take the flexibility of the Kmart deals over the BB crap any day.

So went in today again to search for the God of War Origins Collection and still no luck! This, to me, was one of my top releases this fall and I was super stoked to see it on the list of releases from the first page plus a $15 coupon? Was definitely in...but with no new games coming in this week, what can I do? Can I order online? This is definitely not helping my Amazon addiction lately. :)

[quote name='therealdeal19']I asked the question on Facebook and got this response back:

"Thanks! And with that compliment I will shoot myself in the foot as it appears no launch deal could be worked out.....we pictured the wrong item in our ad this week and do not have the corresponding funding to pull of an offer."

So... I guess no deal on Kirby. No worries since I'll just use my two $15 coupons on Kirby and then save the 10X bonus points to use when I purchase Gears of War 3.[/QUOTE]There's still hope--Kirby's Return to Dream Land releases next month and Josh said a few weeks back that he would consider some sort of combo deal with it and Mass Attack (e.g. a coupon and $xx off of Mass Attack when bought in the same transaction). Hopefully that hasn't changed...right, Josh? ;)

[quote name='jer7583']well i'm sure kmart does not consider it part of their competition with best buy that they make credit for a competing retailer available for purchase with their own store credit/rewards..

The $100 reward zone prints off as one certificate, and it has an expiration date as well.

If your store is not performing well, you should try to contact corporate about it and make a complaint. they do listen.[/QUOTE]

According to just about everyone that I've seen in the BB 5/100 thread, it does not come as a single lump sum. 5000 points are dropped into the account, and the RZ certs are issued piecemeal depending on how individual accounts are set up.

That said, I wish I could purchase games at K-Mart, Josh does such a good job on making it compelling, but I'm not willing to deal with incompetency when I want games on release day. Too many times did I roll into both of my local K-Marts to get games day one, first thing in the morning, and they said "We didn't get any new games." I'd rather go somewhere where that doesn't happen. I may be paying more, but that doesn't concern me if I am guaranteed to be able to get it the moment the store opens.

Proof in point, I rolled into a BB to get my Maddn copy first thing the day it came out and I was greeted, quiet nicely by the way, by a worker who was currently stocking the shelves full of Madden. When Shadows of the Damned came out, the lady who worked the counter was a royal cunt and was as useful as tits on a bull.

Josh, the MOMENT you get these coupons on the website, I'm all in. Until then, I'm out.

[quote name='advanced']That said, I wish I could purchase games at K-Mart, Josh does such a good job on making it compelling, but I'm not willing to deal with incompetency when I want games on release day. Too many times did I roll into both of my local K-Marts to get games day one, first thing in the morning, and they said "We didn't get any new games." I'd rather go somewhere where that doesn't happen.[/QUOTE]
Pshaw, first thing in the morning I'd never expect of my store to begin with. All I want is consistently mid-day or at least afternoon-ish on release day.

Josh, if you're still around, can you confirm if these deals (esp the Gears 3 one) will be active at Hawaii Kmarts as well? So many national chains don't honor their deals in Hawaii.

yeah that's disappointing about kirby. plenty of other offers to look forward to, though.

• Gears 3
  • Forza 4
  • NBA 2k12
  • Rage
  • Uncharted 3
  • MW3
  • Skyrim
  • Halo Anniversary
  • Batman AC

Best Buy is better for exclusive DLC and game trade ins and price matching. For Gears 3 for example you get a mechanic baird dlc code which you could sell for around $30. That's a good chunk of change off the price right there. Of course Best Buy is terrible with the distribution of their codes so it wouldn't be smart to bank on something like that. They also have a 50% bonus for game trade ins towards Gears 3.

Anyway for straight deals sure Kmart will beat Best Buy 90% of the time.

Also for games like Skyrim and Uncharted they probably will see discounts on Black Friday. I imagine your deals for either of those games will meet or beat most retailers Black Friday prices on those titles though so I dont see much sense in waiting to get those if you can get them at Kmart.

Basically it's not really the deals themselves that needs work. There should be/should have been a crazy good $25 coupon + half off points card deal or something similar to that by now IMO, but otherwise it's just Kmart itself that needs help. There's no PM policy like other stores, game trade ins are either non existent or not worth doing at Kmart, and of course there's the constant complaints of not having stock out.

Also there's still no online option usually. That's another thing all the big retailers have over Kmart. Maybe if you could set something up for Uncharted/Skyrim online it'd push sales. All it has to do is hit SlickDeals and bam you've got as many sales as you can handle.

Some customer feedback:

K-Mart needs to be more clear about their return policy for electronics. I bought one of the clearance PSPs, it broke, and I tried to return it about 2 months after I bought it.

The customer service rep gave me a hard time, but the manager overrode it. Both said the return policy is 30 days on electronics.

It doesn't say that anywhere in the store signage or on the front or back of the receipt. What the receipt actually says is that the items on the receipt can be returned by XX date (which is 90 days after the purchase).

It wasn't too big of a hassle, but the policy needs to be written out somewhere where customers can see them, and receipts shouldn't say that the items can be returned by the XX date 90 days after the purchase, but should say that the electronics can be returned by YY date which is 30 days after the purchase.

JMO.

[quote name='jer7583']so is move just pretty much over now? Sony doesn't seem terribly interested in supporting it, aside from that "Good Job Jeremy" game.

the 50% fire sale at gamestop seemed like trouble. I don't know anybody who owns one.[/QUOTE]

i own it... it's actually pretty awesome, and a shame if it goes by the wayside. definitely not enough software, but i really dig the games i do have and the tech is really amazing.

• Gears 3
  • Forza 4
  • NBA 2k12
  • Rage
  • Uncharted 3
  • MW3
  • Skyrim
  • Halo Anniversary
  • Batman AC

So why did the Best Buy plan come to mind just now since their promotion has been going since around July?

As for round 1 totals...
- NCAA was offered with a Buy 2 Get 1. It received hard drop for PM within 30 days window for multiple retailers.
- Madden deal was pretty lame. It received a release day PM from Toys R Us.
- Deus Ex had 500 Preorder Bonus Points. It received hard drop for PM within 30 days; thanks to Toys R Us. Though, not part of their plan.
- Gears deal is lame if that is how the ad is. As for PM window, Halo Reach hit $40 within 30 days last year. Other Microsoft 1st party titles have had similiar results so I am not holding my breath it can't be PM'd.

If you guys at Kmart implemented extended price adjustment to standard month that other retailer use and improve customer service in-store, then you guys could be unstoppable.

i briefly considered the BB deal, decided it was far too much effort to maybe be better than kmart's deals (and possibly only equal or worse, depending on amount of effort put in), and i'd quite possibly be sad when some amazing kmart deal showed up. plus i prefer josh over bb. and i hate knowing i'm going to have to engage in price matching. with kmart, i know i'll get the $20 coupon, and anything else is gravy.

here's hoping for lots of gravy.

i still have my dark soul's preorder in with amazon, simply because i definitely want the special edition and don't know that kmart will carry it.

• Gears 3
  • Forza 4
  • NBA 2k12
  • Rage
  • Uncharted 3
  • MW3
  • Skyrim
  • Halo Anniversary
  • Batman AC

Is NBA 2K12 really coming out on 10/4? I doubt there will be a season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back