Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='metrostar']Is NBA 2K12 really coming out on 10/4? I doubt there will be a season...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='o_O']Doesn't mean there can't be a game.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. There's no correlation between there actually being a season and there being a game. In fact, one might could argue it might do better since there won't be any other tangible way for anyone to get an NBA "fix".

Also, with them emphasizing the teams and greats from the past, lots of people are going to want it just for that.

Is there any place to get a current list of clearance prices? My K-Mart has 2 huge tables labeled "Clearance" but most of them have $19.99 stickers on them. I just don't think most of them, like Lair, Warioware: Smooth Moves, Animal Crossing: City Folk, or old Guitar Hero's and Rock Bands would be 20 bucks.

[quote name='bozemanriverrat']Is there any place to get a current list of clearance prices? My K-Mart has 2 huge tables labeled "Clearance" but most of them have $19.99 stickers on them. I just don't think most of them, like Lair, Warioware: Smooth Moves, Animal Crossing: City Folk, or old Guitar Hero's and Rock Bands would be 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

its one of the first few posts. should be a longggg list. updated when prices change or new things are added so should be fine.

also, nvm about teh gift cards josh! just received them! two, one for 50 adn one for 40! thanks for the help :)

[quote name='chriscolbert']Exactly. There's no correlation between there actually being a season and there being a game. In fact, one might could argue it might do better since there won't be any other tangible way for anyone to get an NBA "fix".

Also, with them emphasizing the teams and greats from the past, lots of people are going to want it just for that.[/QUOTE]

Well, somehow I believe video game manufactures (like EA) have some influence on NFL labor talk issue. It's so irony they agreed a new CBA right before the game released.

Of course, Take-Two can be another story.

[quote name='metrostar']Is NBA 2K12 really coming out on 10/4? I doubt there will be a season...[/QUOTE]

The game will still be out, with the inclusion of the current rookie class. Only when the players union and the NBA iron things out is when the game will be patched with the rookies; complete with "real" pictures and spoken names by the broadcasters. Would post a link, but on mobile.

Any chance of a deal or discount on Resistance 3 any time soon? I know it just came out, but I missed out on the release deal as I was out of the country. Thanks!

[quote name='splintercell']Pshaw, first thing in the morning I'd never expect of my store to begin with. All I want is consistently mid-day or at least afternoon-ish on release day.[/QUOTE]

I can walk into a Best Buy first thing in the morning and find games (like I stated). Why should it be any different? I can walk into GS first thing in the morning and find games. Why should it be any different? I get that it works for some people, but I'm fine waiting to get my perks after I'm done buying my games if it means I can get them the moment they open.

For games like Dead Island, I'd have possibly been fucked if I tried to get it at K-Mart that day. It sold out every where so fast. There were people at my GS who had came from K-mart down the way when they said they "didn't have it" that morning.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's definitely an amazing offer, I love what they did, but I'm thinking just from a consumer perspective it looks like round 1 they did not offer anything for Deus, Madden, Gears 3 straight up (maybe I missed it), it may be a trend.....

Personally I also think that the following titles will not see industry discounts the first 30 days which I think a lot of people are banking on......

• Gears 3
  • Forza 4
  • NBA 2k12
  • Rage
  • Uncharted 3
  • MW3
  • Skyrim
  • Halo Anniversary
  • Batman AC

I'm also thinking that we are going to hit a $20+ on 20+ titles. Definitely feeling better about our positioning.

Would love to get your feedback.[/QUOTE]

Since I'm only looking forward to 3 titles and not 5, Best Buy's offer is useless to me. If Kmart can hit $20 on both BF 3 and MW3 and at least a $15 or even just a $10 on Halo, they will definitely have my money for those purchases. Those are the only 3 games that interest me so Best Buy's offer is pointless to me. I'm also not a big fan of DLC so I don't care much about the exclusive DLC at Best Buy or other retailers.

[quote name='bobphone']No deal on Kirby? Messed up...[/QUOTE]
Yep, we screwed up. If you open up the Sunday circular you will see that we pictured the wrong Kirby which caused us to lose trade funding by Nintendo for the ad which in turn had our finance team reject any offer. Pretty much worse case scenario.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yep, we screwed up. If you open up the Sunday circular you will see that we pictured the wrong Kirby which caused us to lose trade funding by Nintendo for the ad which in turn had our finance team reject any offer. Pretty much worse case scenario.[/QUOTE]

No big deal. Just curious. . . did you have $10 or $15 planned?

[quote name='Decker']Josh, if you're still around, can you confirm if these deals (esp the Gears 3 one) will be active at Hawaii Kmarts as well? So many national chains don't honor their deals in Hawaii.[/QUOTE]

i also want to know if the gears 3 deal work in hawaii

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yep, we screwed up. If you open up the Sunday circular you will see that we pictured the wrong Kirby which caused us to lose trade funding by Nintendo for the ad which in turn had our finance team reject any offer. Pretty much worse case scenario.[/QUOTE]Yikes, that's a pretty bad mistake. Will that affect a potential deal for Kirby's Return to Dream Land (and a possible combo deal with Kirby Mass Attack)?

Picked up God Of War: Origins Collection today at the Annandale, VA K-mart. There was one more copy after I got it (not sure how many of these went out to the stores, but I'd think not very many, based on recent comments about stock quantities in this thread). Used a previous coupon and the new $15 coupon kicked out, so it worked out great. I'll probably use this coupon on Gears of War 3 next week, and get that $20 coupon . . . great deals! Thanks Josh!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stinky pepet']i also want to know if the gears 3 deal work in hawaii[/QUOTE]KmartGamer blog deals are good at all locations.

Well, i went and cancelled all 7 of my best buy pre-orders I had going. The customer service was really shitty about it too. Just had a bad attitude and even worse when she asked why and I said it was because kmart was going to match or beat their deals all holiday..

Best Buy is the new gamestop?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yep, we screwed up. If you open up the Sunday circular you will see that we pictured the wrong Kirby which caused us to lose trade funding by Nintendo for the ad which in turn had our finance team reject any offer. Pretty much worse case scenario.[/QUOTE]

Guessing that designer got an earful from somebody in your department..

[quote name='chimpmeister']Picked up God Of War: Origins Collection today at the Annandale, VA K-mart. There was one more copy after I got it (not sure how many of these went out to the stores, but I'd think not very many, based on recent comments about stock quantities in this thread). Used a previous coupon and the new $15 coupon kicked out, so it worked out great. I'll probably use this coupon on Gears of War 3 next week, and get the that coupon . . . great deals! Thanks Josh![/QUOTE]

Yes, the Annandale store is definitely the second least horrible of the three around here (Oxon Hill and Springfield being the others).

So then why not put the deal you were going to give this week for the game in next week's circular. Better late than never. Seems fair to me.

[quote name='ponn01']Scanned last 10 pages and didn't see answer, will all your initial copies of Dark Souls be the collectors editions?[/QUOTE]

Stock Boy mentioned this a while back when asked...

[quote name='Malibu_Barbie']hey stock boy,

Any chance of getting the collectors edition of Dark souls in stores?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']No we will not, I'm fairly confident that the only way to get the CE of Dark Souls is through preorder (I don't know if you have to order it specifically or if just any preorder of the game will ship a CE).[/QUOTE]

Picked up god of war. Initially thought they were out but it was mixed in with the others the god of war 3 and the ps2 versions so you may have to look real close if you don't see it because it is really hard to tell them apart from the side view.

It's pretty awesome that I've made 4 trips to area Kmarts for NHL 12 and still do not own it even though they "confirmed" that one of the stores had 7 copies of one system and 10 of the other and zero could be located when we arrived. Nothing like seeing the same disappointed face in your 11 year old 4 times and it only cost $30 in gas to look for a $20 coupon. Amazon will now have all of my business.

[quote name='jammin20']It's pretty awesome that I've made 4 trips to area Kmarts for NHL 12 and still do not own it even though they "confirmed" that one of the stores had 7 copies of one system and 10 of the other and zero could be located when we arrived. Nothing like seeing the same disappointed face in your 11 year old 4 times and it only cost $30 in gas to look for a $20 coupon. Amazon will now have all of my business.[/QUOTE]

I definitely know how you feel... All we have in town is a Walmart and Kmart. Walmart of course never has any deals but almost always has games IN STOCK. I never used Amazon.com until being a regular on this site but before that I started to become a very loyal Kmart gamer because of the great coupon train. BUT the fact that their stock is almost always disappointing and I'm always making several trips to check for the games myself because a majority of the employees are clueless. This is my last day and last chance to get my hands on the $15 coupon with gow origins collection so lets hope that I don't need to resort to Amazon AGAIN.

Not sure if this has been asked or even resolved but I went to two different Kmart stores and had no luck trying to use the $5 EA Sports coupon for NHL 12. Register said something along the lines of "reward conditions not met" I am thinking because the coupon states 2011 EA games? Not sure though...any insight would be helpful. Thanks

[quote name='Maineavalanche']Because the circulars are done up weeks and even months in advance.[/QUOTE]

Then just have it be a deal that's only advertised on the kmartgamer site. Not all of the gaming deals are in the circular anyway. Some are only advertised on the site for in store. Either way, we were supposed to get a deal on the game, they screwed up. It happens, but why not rectify it with a deal the following week to make it right? That's all i'm saying.

yeah my kmart store has not improved in the least since over a year ago, still understaffed, and no copies of the sale games. Josh really can only do so much for one man.

sorry if this has been asked or answered already(looked back a few pages, didnt find an answer)

but do the gow3 promos stack together, as in you get a $20 gaming credit + a 12mo live card for 30? or is it only one or the other?

Edit: it seems like you can get both deals according to a past post by josh.

VERY VERY GOOD promotion btw, i hope there is a similar one for mw3

shuma gorath's pupil;8863047 said:
Either way, we were supposed to get a deal on the game, they screwed up. It happens, but why not rectify it with a deal the following week to make it right? That's all i'm saying.

From how I interpret Josh's response, Kmart lost Nintendo's funding for a deal, which killed any chance of the deal happening at all.

[quote name='yahoosale14']sorry if this has been asked or answered already(looked back a few pages, didnt find an answer)

but do the gow3 promos stack together, as in you get a $20 gaming credit + a 12mo live card for 30? or is it only one or the other?

VERY VERY GOOD promotion btw, i hope there is a similar one for mw3[/QUOTE]

Yes. Josh's goal was to do something in addition to the standard coupon, so the whole point actually was that they did stack and that you could take advantage of both offers if you needed live.

[quote name='thanossurfer']Not sure if this has been asked or even resolved but I went to two different Kmart stores and had no luck trying to use the $5 EA Sports coupon for NHL 12. Register said something along the lines of "reward conditions not met" I am thinking because the coupon states 2011 EA games? Not sure though...any insight would be helpful. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm perplexed by this because for every person saying that they get denied because of the wording, there's another person saying that the system scanned it perfectly and they got the $5 off. You would think the system would be consistent on it.

The deal with nintendo is that they probably give kmart some kind of discount on purchasing nintendo product in consideration of Kmart advertising Nintendo's game in their national circular on the week of release. Doing a print ad campaign the same national markets that kmart circulars get distributed would be very costly to Nintendo, so getting ad space in any circular is a good deal for them.

Since someone at kmart corporate messed up and put the wrong game in the circular, Nintendo isn't going to pay them to advertise an old version of kirby or whatever other old game got put in its place by accident.

Thus Kmart can't afford the discount/coupon because nintendo isn't helping "fund" the discount. Make sense?

[quote name='chriscolbert']I'm perplexed by this because for every person saying that they get denied because of the wording, there's another person saying that the system scanned it perfectly and they got the $5 off. You would think the system would be consistent on it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I have read posts myself stating people have had no trouble using the $5 coupon. Strange indeed. I am sure Josh is looking into it.

So, it has been easy the past few weeks to save money and justify waiting for games to come down in price. Dead island and star fox, resistance have all been out of stock at the two kind of local kmarts. Dead island never came in for xbox and only 2 copies of resistance, so I was told. Then on release I was told star fox arrived. But one copy. What is going on? I have had issues of the local kmarts not getting stock out on release day, but not getting any or few in at all is a bummer.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I'm perplexed by this because for every person saying that they get denied because of the wording, there's another person saying that the system scanned it perfectly and they got the $5 off. You would think the system would be consistent on it.[/QUOTE]
The $5 EA only works on the xbox nhl 12s not the PS3 ones. Weird I know but that is Kmart for you.

I noticed Kirby vanished from the list. I just figured K-mart's financial team decided to pull the deal due to a concern for sales. Had no idea there was a whole debacle, I'm confused though. If weekly ads are printed out centuries in advance, how did NO one catch this? Obviously you can fault the designer, but you can't tell me he's the only one who botched this. I guess I don't necessarily blame Nintendo for changing their mind under those circumstances.

Anyways, I really like the deal on ODST this week since the used price still hasn't been low enough to my liking (aside from the GoHastings deal) so $10 for a brand-new ODST (obviously with second disk) is a steal just for the multiplayer disc. Also looking at Shadows of the Damned, how recently was that released?

Edit: Noticing a trend of solid older $20 games being sold at $10, I like it. Keep it up guys. The Gears Triple Pack, Brink and Reach prices aren't too shabby either, but the Gears 3 deal really takes the cake, well done.

Headed out to my local Kmart today to find a DS game case for my girlfriend similar to the one I got earlier in the summer, found it and I found 2 other things that were neat. One was Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep dropped in price. Was 29.99 the last time I saw it at kmart now 19.99. Another neat find was The 3rd Birthday for 9.99. I don't know if this was an employee mistake or not, because it had those bargain bin stickers on there with the 9.99 price tag and generic upc. YMMV if people are looking for it for that price.

[quote name='Nat88']Headed out to my local Kmart today to find a DS game case for my girlfriend similar to the one I got earlier in the summer, found it and I found 2 other things that were neat. One was Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep dropped in price. Was 29.99 the last time I saw it at kmart now 19.99. Another neat find was The 3rd Birthday for 9.99. I don't know if this was an employee mistake or not, because it had those bargain bin stickers on there with the 9.99 price tag and generic upc. YMMV if people are looking for it for that price.[/QUOTE]

I think there was a huge topic about the 3rd Birthday being $10, so not a mistake. Thanks for the heads-up though.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']So, it has been easy the past few weeks to save money and justify waiting for games to come down in price. Dead island and star fox, resistance have all been out of stock at the two kind of local kmarts. Dead island never came in for xbox and only 2 copies of resistance, so I was told. Then on release I was told star fox arrived. But one copy. What is going on? I have had issues of the local kmarts not getting stock out on release day, but not getting any or few in at all is a bummer.[/QUOTE]

Unless a game is a guaranteed blockbuster (like Gears 3), they are ordering much smaller quantities of each title. Thus the issue of seeing only a few copies of a given game appearing at each store; they don't want to get "stuck" with a ton of extra copies of games that won't sell in the first week or two. They're taking a very, very conservative approach to quantities ordered.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Unless a game is a guaranteed blockbuster (like Gears 3), they are ordering much smaller quantities of each title. Thus the issue of seeing only a few copies of a given game appearing at each store; they don't want to get "stuck" with a ton of extra copies of games that won't sell in the first week or two. They're taking a very, very conservative approach to quantities ordered.[/QUOTE]
Yeah this is why we need to be able to preorder stuff at K-mart. For 1) it will allow people who really want the game to be able to get it and not have a problem of some jerkass came and horded all the games because he walked in the minute the store opened, and 2) it will stop the my K-mart did not have x game because they never got stock in.

Hopefully you can get it up soon Josh. I would love to be able to preorder stuff. Especially in time for Sonic Generations.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Unless a game is a guaranteed blockbuster (like Gears 3), they are ordering much smaller quantities of each title. Thus the issue of seeing only a few copies of a given game appearing at each store; they don't want to get "stuck" with a ton of extra copies of games that won't sell in the first week or two. They're taking a very, very conservative approach to quantities ordered.[/QUOTE]

This makes no sense at ALL. Resistance 3 and Dead Island weren't blockbusters? Resistance 3 is one of the biggest exclusives for the PS3 to come out this year. Dead Island sold well above their expectations. So you are saying KMart is only ordering less than 5 copies of each new release because they are not sure it will sell well? You kidding me? Then why even do these coupon deals on games anymore when there will be no copies to purchase? These deals have become useless because there is no stock.

Most games sell a majority of their copies in the first week or two of release. So why would K-Mart run the potential of LOSING out on sales by not having enough stock in the first few weeks of release? Also, if they are really ordering lower quantities on launch week, then why not push back these coupon deals until the third week of release? This just does not make any sense at all.

If we buy the Gears console bundle, do we get $30 off of a 12-month Gold Membership? Or just the Triple Pack for free? Also, would we get the $20 gaming coupon with the Gears console purchase. Just trying to figure out where I want to pick up the console.

Kirby Mass Attack is listed for a 9/19 release, however, the ad shows it's for 9/21 (realize it's the wrong version.)

Josh, when do you expect Kmart stores to have the game for sale?

[quote name='EducAsian']This makes no sense at ALL. Resistance 3 and Dead Island weren't blockbusters? Resistance 3 is one of the biggest exclusives for the PS3 to come out this year. Dead Island sold well above their expectations. So you are saying KMart is only ordering less than 5 copies of each new release because they are not sure it will sell well? You kidding me? Then why even do these coupon deals on games anymore when there will be no copies to purchase? These deals have become useless because there is no stock.

Most games sell a majority of their copies in the first week or two of release. So why would K-Mart run the potential of LOSING out on sales by not having enough stock in the first few weeks of release? Also, if they are really ordering lower quantities on launch week, then why not push back these coupon deals until the third week of release? This just does not make any sense at all.[/QUOTE]

I know it doesn't make sense, but remember its a gamble as to whether a given game will sell or not. Look at Duke Nukem Forever, it had huge hype in the press, then got trashed in reviews, and probably sold like dirt. Hard to predict demand for a lot of games, but I agree that Resistance 3 should have been well stocked, it certainly was a blockbuster. Dead Island could have gone either way though, would have been harder to predict that one. In any case, the reality is that kmart is ordering way less stock of almost all new releases. I did get both R3 and gow origins, and plan to get gears 3 next week, I guess my local kmarts are stocked better than some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back