Official Representative
I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

September 18th through the 24th:
link to blog post

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.
Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

September 18th through the 24th:

:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.

:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
Deal will work with Limited and Epic Editions.

:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99

:360: Halo ODST $9.99

:360::ps3: Brink $19.99

:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

9-20 :360: Gears of War 3 $20 Gaming coupon + Buy game & 12-month Gold card, get $30 off 12-month Gold card.
9-27 :360::ps3: X-Men Destiny $15 Gaming coupon
9-27 :360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $20 Gaming coupon
9-27 :ps3: Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection $15 Gaming coupon
10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls
10-4 :360::ps3: NBA 2k12
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
10-11 :360: Forza 4
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
10-11 :wii::360::ps3: Just Dance 3
10-11 :360::ps3: RockSmith
10-16 :wii::360: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City
10-24 :3ds: Pokemon Rumble Blast
10-25 :wii::360::ps3: Disney Universe
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour
10-25 :360: Dance Central 2
10-25 :360: Kinect Sports 2
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
11-1 :360::ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11-13 :3ds: Super Mario 3D Land
11-15 :360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
11-15 :ps3: Silent Hill HD Collection
11-15 :360: Halo Anniversary
11-15 :wii: Mario and Sonic London 2012
11-15 :3ds: Shinobi
11-15 :360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third
11-15 :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
11-15 :360::ps3: Rayman Origins
11-20 :wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
11-22 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
11-22 :360::ps3: WWE 12
12-11 :3ds: Mario Kart 7
2012 TBA :3ds: Kid Icarus

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PlowK1NG']Went to two Kmarts and they didn't had the x12s, they had x11s for $45 though. The electronics associate called another two stores and they told her they would receive a shipment on Tuesday. Has anyone actually found x12s at Kmart?[/QUOTE]

I called one who said they didn't have them, went to another that had 1 left which turned out to be X11s, and they called another store which didn't even carry them.

[quote name='NuclearPanda'] Our area in upstate NY suffered biblical sized flooding across like three counties.[/QUOTE]
Don't have an answer, just wanted to add that I know how you feel. My area got nailed by the same flood down here in PA. "Flood Stage" of the Susquehanna was 22 feet. We had 42. Worst flood in history for our area. I send my sympathies to you and your family.

As for me. Jesus Christ today has been an expensive day.
Got my Gears 360 at GameStop for the midnight launch (along with Persona 2 PSP)
At 8am this morning went over to Kmart to grab one of the two Epic Editions my store got. Grabbed that, a year of Live and Shadows of the Damned. $20 coupon printed no problem as well.
I think I spent near $700 in the past 9 hours. Holy shit.

Now to spend the next week of my life transferring and redownloading licenses for all the content on my 360. Good thing the Xbox.com purchase history site had a redesign so that every time you add something to your queue, the page automatically scrolls to the top no matter where you were. That's super handy when you have 6 years of downloads to re-add...

Thanks. It has been absolutely CRAZY here. Plus to top it all off, I work for a major insurance company who I won't name so the workload has been immense and the amount of sadness I've listened to in the past week and a half has been getting to me. Couple days I've left work and pretty much just wanted to cry for people (and I'm not one to cry usually. LoL)

We had severe flooding back in 2006, and they said it was the "100 year flood". Fast forward to this one and it was twice as bad with just staggering damage throughout the region.

But yeah, my Kmart was underwater for 4 days. Hell, the parking lot and all the surrounding streets was pretty much a huge lake. I don't think they'll be re-opening any time soon which is sad. :(

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Don't have an answer, just wanted to add that I know how you feel. My area got nailed by the same flood down here in PA. "Flood Stage" of the Susquehanna was 22 feet. We had 42. Worst flood in history for our area. I send my sympathies to you and your family.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NuclearPanda']Hello everyone. First time poster, long time lurker. :) Josh has helped my wife and I in the past so this is a question for him.

Recently my local Kmart has become pretty much DESTROYED due to flooding and apparently had some internal explosion/fire damage. Our area in upstate NY suffered biblical sized flooding across like three counties. (No joke, Broome and Tioga counties been declared a federal disaster area by FEMA) My wife and I are ok, we lost some stuff in our gaming collection but we're doing fine!

Cut to the chase. I have $35 in coupons set to expire in a bit and I HIGHLY DOUBT that my local Kmart is going to re-open within the next two months. I wanted to pick up Gears 3 today and use my coupons but that's really not going to happen considering the situation. Any ideas on what I can do? I've been a loyal Kmart customer for years now and absolutely LOVE the game deals you have. I tell everyone I know to get their games at Kmart. I even taunt Gamestop employees with the "Can you beat the Kmart deal on the game?" question the FEW times I've ever bought used games when they ask me if I want to "pre-order" anything.

P.S. Just for those of you wondering what I mean by "biblical flooding", the river flood stage was considered flooding at 15 feet, and the water got up over THIRTY SEVEN. Here is some footage from a few days after 9/7/11.

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Touring-The-Twin-Tiers-From-The-Sky--129506838.html[/QUOTE]
I am generally able to help with acts of God :) , please shoot me an email.

*sigh* not a single store in the Orlando area received a copy of the GOW3 limited edition and they don't carry the controllers here. $120 in gaming coupons going in the trash :(

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the problems with the $5 EA coupon are happening when other games are purchased in the same transaction as an EA Sports Title. When I tried to buy NHL 12 with GOW: Origins Collection the cashier got some BS error message like "requirment not met" or something along those lines.

When I had him rering it solo it took the $5 EA coupon.[/QUOTE]
Interesting point, I'll look into it. You're probably right on.

Hey, Josh. Sorry if this has been asked, but what should we do if our local store is out of the 12 month subscription card? Will we still be able to get the deal somehow if we keep our receipt?

Penn Station was sold out of the Limited but was able to get my copy of Gears 3 and coupon without any issues. Since I was rushing to get to work forgot to pickup my 12 month Live Card so going to have to go back on my way home to return rebuy.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am generally able to help with acts of God :) , please shoot me an email.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much Josh. I sent you an email to that email address on the first page. I don't use Facebook so I can't contact you there.

Cheers.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Has anybody got the $20 gift card with Gears in stores? Or is the $20 gift card and online exclusive?[/QUOTE]

Got my coupon this morning. It's a $20 coupon that prints out once the cashier scans your Shop Your Way Reward card and Gears 3. You can use the coupon starting next week and is good until 11/5/11.

[quote name='sampyle']Hey, Josh. Sorry if this has been asked, but what should we do if our local store is out of the 12 month subscription card? Will we still be able to get the deal somehow if we keep our receipt?[/QUOTE]
Keep your receipt and email us, thanks!

[quote name='Marauder7']Got my coupon this morning. It's a $20 coupon that prints out once the cashier scans your Shop Your Way Reward card and Gears 3. You can use the coupon starting next week and is good until 11/5/11.[/QUOTE]

:censored: That's what I thought. I just bought 2 copies and the cashier/manager said it was an online exclusive only and wouldn't give them to me.

I guess I'm going to have to go back there later and tell some people off until I get them :headache:

I decided that I couldn't pass up another 1 year Xbox live subscription. No Limited/Epic editions at my local Kmart but that's okay; I'll cross my fingers and hope these were over produced so that I can pick them up on the cheap.

My question is this:

If when the next microsoft gaming console is released will Xbox live subscriptions be valid on that system? I'd hate to get a backlog of 3 or 4 years and have them be useless on the next generation

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']:censored: That's what I thought. I just bought 2 copies and the cashier/manager said it was an online exclusive only and wouldn't give them to me.

I guess I'm going to have to go back there later and tell some people off until I get them :headache:[/QUOTE]

Hold up before you go in guns blazing...

You're not getting actual Kmart Gift Cards! These are gaming coupons, they print out after your receipt from the receipt printer. In order to be eligible for the gaming coupon you have to have an active SYWR account. Also, in order to get two coupons you would have to buy two games on SEPERATE transactions. If you bought them on the same transaction you'd only get one $20 coupon.

Also, I think their may be more to the story because the employee would have to physically take your gaming coupon from the printer and deny it to you for you to have a leg to stand on. If nothing printed with your receipt then you missed a step along the way. The gaming coupons aren't something an employee has to give you. The will automatically print if everything else is done correctly.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Interesting point, I'll look into it. You're probably right on.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, I purchased NHL 12 and God of War Origins together as well, and my $5 EA coupon worked perfectly. The plot thickens...haha.

Josh, I hope you're still online:

Is there any hope for a combo deal with Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Kirby Mass Attack, most likely sometime after the former's release next month (I believe you said earlier that there won't be a deal on the latter until November because of the ad mix-up)?

[quote name='beene1000']Oddly enough, I purchased NHL 12 and God of War Origins together as well, and my $5 EA coupon worked perfectly. The plot thickens...haha.[/QUOTE]

You know.. knowing the Kmart POS (Point of Sale.. but yes it is a POS) system it could be something as simple as NHL must be wrong up first and then the $5 coupon must be used first...

guess it's time for trial and error

[quote name='dennisb407']*sigh* not a single store in the Orlando area received a copy of the GOW3 limited edition and they don't carry the controllers here. $120 in gaming coupons going in the trash :([/QUOTE]you must be joking. Just buy a bunch of ms point cards or psn cards. if you don't have a ps3 or psp, you can easily sell $120 of psn for $100 paypal our cash.

My local Kmart officially ticked me off today for the last time. They usually don't have games out before 11am on street date and today went in the get the Turtle Beach X12 and they have none in stock just X11's and they have never even carried X12's.

[quote name='GBAstar']You know.. knowing the Kmart POS (Point of Sale.. but yes it is a POS) system it could be something as simple as NHL must be wrong up first and then the $5 coupon must be used first...

guess it's time for trial and error[/QUOTE]

Probably so. The Kmart system has a mind of its own. Just when you think you've got it figured out, it throws you for a loop.

Was at Kmart in Miami, FL 37th st 7 ave. they didn't have any 12 month cards but i did manage to get gears 3 and coupon. Josh can we still get in on the deal another time?

[quote name='dennisb407']*sigh* not a single store in the Orlando area received a copy of the GOW3 limited edition and they don't carry the controllers here. $120 in gaming coupons going in the trash :([/QUOTE]
Not to pour salt in the wound, but why didn't you email Stock Boy about availability? It's in the OP. That said, throwing them away is a waste. There surely must be something you could use them on?

[quote name='GBAstar']If when the next microsoft gaming console is released will Xbox live subscriptions be valid on that system? I'd hate to get a backlog of 3 or 4 years and have them be useless on the next generation[/QUOTE]

They carried over from the original Xbox to the 360. I can't imagine MS not doing the same thing again unless they really wanted to alienate the majority of their customers while launching a new console.

[quote name='orangecrush']you must be joking. Just buy a bunch of ms point cards or psn cards. if you don't have a ps3 or psp, you can easily sell $120 of psn for $100 paypal our cash.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the time to deal with all that bs

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Not to pour salt in the wound, but why didn't you email Stock Boy about availability? It's in the OP. That said, throwing them away is a waste. There surely must be something you could use them on?[/QUOTE]

He already said only 1 in 5 would carry 'em. It was just a roll on the dice and I lost...nothing big it's not like I paid $120 for the coupons

[quote name='dennisb407']He already said only 1 in 5 would carry 'em. It was just a roll on the dice and I lost...nothing big it's not like I paid $120 for the coupons[/QUOTE]

Stop pulling these poor people's legs. No one in their right mind would 'throw away' anything like this and belong to this site. Unless you're a bag of insanity?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Interesting point, I'll look into it. You're probably right on.[/QUOTE]

Can you help me? I just came back from K-Mart and after about a 30 minute drive you can say i'm pist/disappointed. Walked into the store and only saw 1 employee working, asked her for help in electronics to get Gears Of War 3 (standard edition) and after 15 minutes of waiting comes back and says they don't have any and that they won't be getting anymore shipments for things today. She also said she didn't know about the $20 gaming coupon, how long the deal will last and not sure if they'd be able to honor the 12 month xbl promotion that is in the ad and what has been mentioned in here, Josh.

I cancelled my Amazon pre-order thinking the local k-mart would have the game available @ launch and for the same price (and $20 credit also) it would be easier and faster to pick it up rather than wait for ups to deliver it in the evening and now i'm without anything. Is there anything you can do to help?

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Stop pulling these poor people's legs. No one in their right mind would 'throw away' anything like this and belong to this site. Unless you're a bag of insanity?[/QUOTE]

Exactly, stop trolling please.... But if you actually ARE serious and really ARE going to throw them away..... Please instead mail them to me :)

[quote name='intoxicated662']Can you help me? I just came back from K-Mart and after about a 30 minute drive you can say i'm pist/disappointed. Walked into the store and only saw 1 employee working, asked her for help in electronics to get Gears Of War 3 (standard edition) and after 15 minutes of waiting comes back and says they don't have any and that they won't be getting anymore shipments for things today. She also said she didn't know about the $20 gaming coupon, how long the deal will last and not sure if they'd be able to honor the 12 month xbl promotion that is in the ad and what has been mentioned in here, Josh.

I cancelled my Amazon pre-order thinking the local k-mart would have the game available @ launch and for the same price (and $20 credit also) it would be easier and faster to pick it up rather than wait for ups to deliver it in the evening and now i'm without anything. Is there anything you can do to help?[/QUOTE]

Too bad you don't live near New York my store had over 40 copies of the standard edition :( wish I could help you

[quote name='goku31389']Too bad you don't live near New York my store had over 40 copies of the standard edition :( wish I could help you[/QUOTE]

Yes, first impressions leave a lasting impression. I hadn't purchased a game @ launch from k-mart in years and now that I finally do this happens. Needless to say, I'll more than likely will not be going back and the deals will be more like YMMV to me. Sucks though, good deals and for them to compete with Amazon and offer something better than the local stores (target, best buy, wal-mart) is good but not if they can't even have a game on release day. A big game like this at least, whereas other stores have had them for days.

Just wanted to share my great experience with K-mart. Got a game earlier in the week and the coupon did not print out - the cashier was nice and tried to help but didn't know what to do. So I e-mailed SHC-Gamer with the info he requested in this thread.

I honestly expected excuses or just to be ignored but nope, within a day I had gotten a reply and my issue was resolved.

Awesome work, thanks!

Got mine in Memphis this morning. Stopped by on the way to work (usually go at lunch) and got the 2nd copy of 3 that the woman said they received.

Picked up a live card (they had a ton), and everything went smooth. Thanks, SHC folks!

Every single store has Gears of War 3. And more copies than they know what to do with...if they say they don't have the standard edition and won't be getting more shipments then they are wrong.

If they tell you they don't have it, get them to look up their inventory of KSN 3860074-8 or UPC 885370201215. If they say they can't do that then again, they are clearly wrong and you should ask for a manager.

I hope it doesn't come to this for anyone but just in case this is the info you can use if you run into any problems

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Every single store has Gears of War 3. And more copies than they know what to do with...if they say they don't have the standard edition and won't be getting more shipments then they are wrong.

If they tell you they don't have it, get them to look up their inventory of KSN 3860074-8 or UPC 885370201215. If they say they can't do that then again, they are clearly wrong and you should ask for a manager.

I hope it doesn't come to this for anyone but just in case this is the info you can use if you run into any problems[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, i'm already home and do not want to drive about another 30 minutes to hopefully maybe or maybe not get in on the deal. I clearly only saw 1 employee (the woman I came across) in a blue k-mart shirt in the entire store. She must not know what's going on in Electronics, shipping or anything else. I guess i'll just wait for a price drop.

For the Michigan people, I went to the Rochester Hills Kmart, and they only had a couple copies. Sold out there easily.

However in Shelby Township on Van Dyke and 23 Mile, there were about 9-10 left. Coupon printed out fine. The guy who helped me had knowledge of these deals. Good luck hunting.

I just want to pick up a copy of Gears, but apparently God decided to smite my local Kmart off the face of the earth.

I don't see how it will be possible for them to re-open. It's crazy. :(

GoW3 transaction without a hitch today. Electronics was actually staffed today, saw one employee unbox the copies so he quickly pulled one out for me.

See Kmart, when you don't understock games customers actually walk out happy.

I just feel as though the deal was pretty average in comparison to what's being offered. A 30$ coupon a points card offer would probably attract more costumers.

I know there's no deals for Kirby Mass Attack, but have you guys been seeing it in stores? Particularly, the NYC stores? Got to use my SF64 coupon :)

[quote name='Version3']Was at Kmart in Miami, FL 37th st 7 ave. they didn't have any 12 month cards but i did manage to get gears 3 and coupon. Josh can we still get in on the deal another time?[/QUOTE]

Same thing happen to me. I managed to get a raincheck on the live cards for $30 each.

Just stopped by my local Kmart. Had the game in stock and on the shelf right next to a little sticker with the 12-month-card deal. Had the cards in stock right next to game. Employee came up and asked me if I needed help within 5 minutes of me being in the electronics department and already knew about the Gears deal. Card was discounted and coupon printed out without a hitch.

Awesome experience. Store 7193.

[quote name='Teeheehee']I know there's no deals for Kirby Mass Attack, but have you guys been seeing it in stores? Particularly, the NYC stores? Got to use my SF64 coupon :)[/QUOTE]

I asked about it when I picked up Gears of War 3 and my Kmart said either tonight, but definitely tomorrow (as written in the ad.)

Grabbed my Gears at lunch. Saw nothing beyond the vanilla version and the console bundle. Coupon printed off fine, but there were no XBL cards. Might send an email; might not.
So glad to have started the train back up with DE:HR. This holiday season is going to be good with the coupons.

[quote name='NuclearPanda']I just want to pick up a copy of Gears, but apparently God decided to smite my local Kmart off the face of the earth.

I don't see how it will be possible for them to re-open. It's crazy. :([/QUOTE]

What happened?

[quote name='therealdeal19']I asked about it when I picked up Gears of War 3 and my Kmart said either tonight, but definitely tomorrow (as written in the ad.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Guess I'll wait until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back