KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Josh,

I've sent a couple emails to that KmartGamerHelpMe email address and haven't got a reply back regarding my local Kmart being destroyed in recent flooding on 9/7/11 and what you think I should do about my coupons I have ($20 and a $15 from previous purchases).

Any ideas? Thanks man.

[quote name='ger2396']If I order dark souls online do I still get the coupon? Also, can these coupons be used online? No kmarts within 100 miles.[/QUOTE]

No to both sadly. Gaming coupons are in store only.

So I'm hoping the problems with the $5 EA coupon have been ironed out so I can get FIFA tomorrow without any trouble.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Yeah, it's not pictured in the ad which may be the reason it doesn't have a sticker but from yesterday's sales I can confirm it is $49. But if you live in NYC or near one of the non-circular stores it will not ring up as $49 and you may have to bring in a print ad to try to get that price.[/QUOTE]

I just picked one up at my local Kmart, figured with the game if I don't like it, I'd still play the game and could upload the move. Thanks to the person who posted this question, otherwise I wouldn't have thought this bundle applied and wouldn't have gotten it!

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but are there any plans to tie in a coupon/deal with the Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition?

[quote name='NuclearPanda']Hey Josh,

I've sent a couple emails to that KmartGamerHelpMe email address and haven't got a reply back regarding my local Kmart being destroyed in recent flooding on 9/7/11 and what you think I should do about my coupons I have ($20 and a $15 from previous purchases).

Any ideas? Thanks man.[/QUOTE]
I'll follow up with Mark, he had an issue that kept him out of contact this weekend.

[quote name='62t']Does anyone know if Kmart will be getting Dark Souls Collector's Edition or just the regular?[/QUOTE]Kmart will only be getting the regular edition, as the CE was a preorder-only item and Kmart doesn't currently do preorders.

Josh, maybe you should put "Kmart will NOT be getting the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls due to it being a preorder-only item", or something like that, in the OP so people don't have to keep asking this question. :cool:

I did read the FAQ in the first couple posts, but just wanted to make sure this will work:
Can I buy 2 copies of SotC/Ico (separate transactions or separate visits are fine) and get two $15 coupons? I realize I can only use one at a time, but that's fine as long as I'm valid for two. I know they require SYWR now, so I wasn't sure whether or not it will limit you to one.

Also, any deals for Child of Eden on PS3? If not, is the MSRP $39.99 or is that a "first week" deal for other stores?

[quote name='yruluis']Is kmart still going offer something for splinter ps3. According joy stiq, the
comes out tomorrow[/QUOTE]

I dont believe there is any launch deal for the game since it kept being delayed. Its a title that Josh will have a discounted price later on after release.

Will I still receive the coupon if I purchase Gears or Dead Island?Or do I need to get them right at launch?

[quote name='Aliens']I did read the FAQ in the first couple posts, but just wanted to make sure this will work:
Can I buy 2 copies of SotC/Ico (separate transactions or separate visits are fine) and get two $15 coupons? I realize I can only use one at a time, but that's fine as long as I'm valid for two. I know they require SYWR now, so I wasn't sure whether or not it will limit you to one.

Also, any deals for Child of Eden on PS3? If not, is the MSRP $39.99 or is that a "first week" deal for other stores?[/QUOTE]

josh says that all deals are limited to two unless otherwise noted, so you should be able to get it twice.

[quote name='jbar89']Will I still receive the coupon if I purchase Gears or Dead Island?Or do I need to get them right at launch?[/QUOTE]

Their coupon promotions were available only during their launch week.

Quick question:

I bought Dead island during launch week and go the $20.00 gaming coupon and now I would like to return it and get it at TRU instead. My K-Mart copy is still unopened and the gaming coupon has not been used if I take both in with me with the original receipt will I get the full value back to me?

What a frustrated evening to hunt for the Tiger Woods Move Bundle...

I called NYC Penn Station store before I left from work to make sure the item was in stock. The electronics guy who answered the phone told me that there was one left. I had his promise to hold the item for 30 minutes. I rushed to the train and got there like 25 minutes later. Once I got there, the guy just told me an idiot sold my item when he was not at counter!!! fuck

I called Astor Place immediately. After multiple calls and long hold, the electronics lady there answered my call and said they got more than one bundles in stock. I took the train and arrived to the store within 35 minutes. What I got was same result: Out of Stock!!! I am not sure if she is too busy to listen her mp3 player then forgot her promise to hold my item or she did not really understand what Move Bundle looks like... fuck

The whole trip wasted me like 1 hour and half for nothing. I really hope Kmart can set up a in-store pickup system like Best Buy or Toys R Us, so we don't have to waste our time frequently for sales, especially they only have limited amount of stock...

ps. does anyone know if the $5 EA coupon has been fixed yet? or it only applied to Xbox 360 version of EA game? FIFA Scoocer 12 probably the last game I can use before the coupon expires...

[quote name='ajh2298']Quick question:

I bought Dead island during launch week and go the $20.00 gaming coupon and now I would like to return it and get it at TRU instead. My K-Mart copy is still unopened and the gaming coupon has not been used if I take both in with me with the original receipt will I get the full value back to me?[/QUOTE]
Yes, as long as you give them back the coupon issued with the game, you should be fine.

Question for those who bought NHL 12 with the Madden coupon, did you first have the $5 coupon scanned first or did you use a $20 coupon first?

Sorry if this has been answered.

Is Dark Souls the "normal" version or the "Collector's" version that everyone is selling with the pre-orders?

[quote name='metrostar']What a frustrated evening to hunt for the Tiger Woods Move Bundle...

I called NYC Penn Station store before I left from work to make sure the item was in stock. The electronics guy who answered the phone told me that there was one left. I had his promise to hold the item for 30 minutes. I rushed to the train and got there like 25 minutes later. Once I got there, the guy just told me an idiot sold my item when he was not at counter!!! fuck

I called Astor Place immediately. After multiple calls and long hold, the electronics lady there answered my call and said they got more than one bundles in stock. I took the train and arrived to the store within 35 minutes. What I got was same result: Out of Stock!!! I am not sure if she is too busy to listen her mp3 player then forgot her promise to hold my item or she did not really understand what Move Bundle looks like... fuck

The whole trip wasted me like 1 hour and half for nothing. I really hope Kmart can set up a in-store pickup system like Best Buy or Toys R Us, so we don't have to waste our time frequently for sales, especially they only have limited amount of stock...

ps. does anyone know if the $5 EA coupon has been fixed yet? or it only applied to Xbox 360 version of EA game? FIFA Scoocer 12 probably the last game I can use before the coupon expires...[/QUOTE]

It'd be funny if Tiger Woods bought the last copy. Or not. :whistle2:#

Does the $20 coupon stack with the Birthday coupons? $5 OFF your order of $45 off or more. Funny thing is I got one from Sears and its $10 OFF your order of $30 off or more.
Also, did all the emails from last week get taken care of? I didn't get a response yet.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Question for those who bought NHL 12 with the Madden coupon, did you first have the $5 coupon scanned first or did you use a $20 coupon first?[/QUOTE]

I had a problem at first with 5x point coupon last week. It wouldnt work. Then the cashier cancelled the transaction and rang in the 5x point coupon first. Then he did the $20 coupon last. I would bet both coupons(5x pt and $5 off) work in the same manner. Thats probably why some people had success with the $5 EA coupon and some failed(including me)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Sorry if this has been answered.

Is Dark Souls the "normal" version or the "Collector's" version that everyone is selling with the pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, KMart will not have the special edition as they do not have a pre-order system.

Edit: As was suggested a page or two back, I edited the OP on the Dark Souls line to make note of this. I hope no one minds, but mostly I hope that this helps the next few people looking for the same answer.

Does the $20 coupon stack with the Birthday coupons? $5 OFF your order of $45 off or more. Funny thing is I got one from Sears and its $10 OFF your order of $30 off or more.
Also, did all the emails from last week get taken care of? I didn't get a response yet

Someone accidentally threw away my $20 coupon. Luckily I had the receipt sent to my email, so I have a copy. I was wondering if I can just use my phone to show the coupon and the code, or do I have to print it out.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Someone accidentally threw away my $20 coupon. Luckily I had the receipt sent to my email, so I have a copy. I was wondering if I can just use my phone to show the coupon and the code, or do I have to print it out.[/QUOTE]I've always printed out my digital coupons, since that avoids any confusion an employee might have about how you managed to get the coupon to show up on your phone.

It's one thing to show a Best Buy employee a coupon on your phone, but it might be quite a different thing to show a coupon to a Kmart employee.

[quote name='Vigilante']I've always printed out my digital coupons, since that avoids any confusion an employee might have about how you managed to get the coupon to show up on your phone.[/QUOTE]
The fact that people working in the electronics section would be so scared of technology is kind of sad...

[quote name='Jav0r']Does the $20 coupon stack with the Birthday coupons? $5 OFF your order of $45 off or more. Funny thing is I got one from Sears and its $10 OFF your order of $30 off or more.
Also, did all the emails from last week get taken care of? I didn't get a response yet[/QUOTE]

it says cannot be stacked with any other coupon for a single item. so i dont thin so? u can always try it i guess

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Saw a few people asking about PC. Kmart will not be carrying the PC version of any release where the primary version is PS3 and 360. If it is something like Star Wars Old Republic or Diablo we'll carry it.

It's really tough to sell PC (at least at Kmart). For example, if we were going to sell 100,000 of Modern Warfare 3 on 360 we would only sell about 1000 on PC. That being said, we will have some hot sales on past PC titles this holiday.[/QUOTE]

Bummer. Guess I'll plan on getting Rage and Skyrim from New Egg or Amazon. At least I can keep my train going with Dark Souls next week.

Just picked up the Ico Collection at the Penn Station Kmart. Seems like stock is gonna be low because it seemed like there were only 5 copies total as they didn't have a stack of them pushed to the back of the case. Coupon printed fine. I saw x-men displayed but not FIFA 12 but the guy had boxes out so maybe he was taking them out.

[quote name='Very Unclever']Apologies if this has already been addressed, but are there any plans to tie in a coupon/deal with the Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition?[/QUOTE]

Interested in this question as well.

[quote name='Very Unclever']Apologies if this has already been addressed, but are there any plans to tie in a coupon/deal with the Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Interested in this question as well.[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize, but yes this question has been asked and answered here

Coupon question...and just asking to confirm in case it has changed since it's been awhile for me.

I'm assuming you still need your purchase to equal to coupon amount pre-tax...but is that for a single item? Last time I tried it that's what they told me, a single gaming item had to be $20+. A manager ended up coming over and adding a penny to the price of my game...however I was buying a game and a disc refurbishing cloth which I was told on here would count as a gaming purchase. So if I can buy another cheap item what qualifies? Clearance DS skins? Those gaming stickers?

Anybody who knows...I need to leave pretty soon and I'd like to be armed with "the truth" rather than just going off what they tell me there.

[quote name='bobthecat23']will kmart be getting forza 4 collecters edition?[/QUOTE]

Hoping to hear about this as well.
Emailed Stock Boy twice, but I'm figuring he's just busy and hasn't gotten to respond to my email yet. I'd really like to see it carried at my Kmart so I can cancel my GameStop preorder.

Thanks so much Josh. I guess I'll just be patient and wait for a response back. I just want to use my coupons and/or know if my local Kmart is ever going to re-open. This flooding here has been crazy and I'll be a sad panda if Kmart decides to just close up shop. :(

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'll follow up with Mark, he had an issue that kept him out of contact this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I don't ever doubt that kmart employees don't know what they're talking about but I'm not sure Ico/SOTC was street dated. They might actually be waiting for UPS.

Picked up Ico / Shadow this morning. Kid couldn't find the game and I had the manager, Chuck (a really good guy), root around for it out back. Said he found it, "in Friday's release box." I didn't mentioned that no game (short of Skyrim) will see a Friday release date this season.

Painless other than that.

@Josh/Andrew: Any more shipments of Ico to Manhattan? Penn was limited and sold out and Astor didn't get any shipment.

[quote name='boogie4114']Just picked up the Ico Collection at the Penn Station Kmart. Seems like stock is gonna be low because it seemed like there were only 5 copies total as they didn't have a stack of them pushed to the back of the case. Coupon printed fine. I saw x-men displayed but not FIFA 12 but the guy had boxes out so maybe he was taking them out.[/QUOTE] Went to Penn to try to pick up Ico. Sold out by 9am. Penn didn't get any FIFA at all as I talked to the guy. 3 copies of X-men for each system at Penn. Astor (went there first) had maybe two FIFA but no Ico. Very disappointed. I can report though that Astor was putting up 6 copies of Starfox 64.

[quote name='RySenkari']Ugh, no Ico collection when I went in there this morning. Said I'd have to "wait for the UPS man" and come in at around 11 or so.[/QUOTE]
Are you in Manhattan? If so, what store?

[quote name='themixmaster']Picked up Ico / Shadow this morning. Kid couldn't find the game and I had the manager, Chuck (a really good guy), root around for it out back. Said he found it, "in Friday's release box." I didn't mentioned that no game (short of Skyrim) will see a Friday release date this season.

Painless other than that.[/QUOTE]
Same question, are you in Manhattan? If so, what store?

[quote name='themixmaster']Said he found it, "in Friday's release box." I didn't mentioned that no game (short of Skyrim) will see a Friday release date this season.
[/QUOTE]
The Transformers movie is a Friday release this week.

I had a freak occurrence today at K-Mart.

This week my job has me working at public housing near a K-Mart so I decided I would take what I hoped would be a quick break and go to K-Mart and pick up the Ico/Shadow Collection. After fighting my way through the beggars out front I make my way to the electronics section. At 9:30AM this K-Mart had managed to stock all of the new release games(!) and even put price stickers on all of them (!!). The biggest shock of all was I found an associate working in electronics. By working I mean they were actually being productive and not hiding in the corner watching TV. Used my coupon from Star Fox and another coupon printed no problem. On my way back out the dirty beggars had disappeared but they were replaced by religious beggars.

It was a refreshing change going into a K-Mart where the employees actually do their job and not just suck up oxygen and keep the floor tile from running away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back