KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be a cross-post, but the Cleveland, OH store (Lorain Rd.) had 3 Tiger Woods and 2 Sports Champions bundles. SC was in the glass case, TW was below the PSN cards.

As of 6 PM on Tuesday.
(and 0 copies of Shadow of the Colossus/Ico, no thanks to me)

I visited Kmart store #4269 in Phoenix, AZ at about 2pm today they didn't have any of the new releases out on the display case so I asked the clerk if they had them in the back, he went to check and told me that they hadn't received them yet. I did spot a couple of copies of Twilight Princess and decided to buy one. On my way home I stopped at a second Kmart (#3228) they had about 5-6 copies of Ico/SotC on the display case and one more behind the glass at the register, got the coupon no problem and I was on my way.... I also saw a few FIFA 12 and X-men Destiny for both PS3, 360

[quote name='gpthree']No go on Shadow/ICO at the Clifton Heights PA store, but I'm surprised, their electronic/game section is always garbage.[/QUOTE]

The two copies in Cleveland were sitting next to the "older" titles near the end of the shelf (almost covered by the panel between cases) - they weren't hanging up with the "big sellers"

Astor Place had copies of ICO/SOTC at 3 pm. They were not on display, but were on a shelf next to the right register.

Figured I'd let you know that neither store 3435 or 3363 got Ico/Shadows in today. Checked early in the day (around 8:30 to 9:00) and while they were just pulling inventory from the back, they never found it. The workers know me by now and will always check for a game since they realize I know the game should be there but they were surprised to not have it. Actually they only had copies of Fifa, couldn't find Xmen either, though i wasn't interested in that

First time in a long time that there was no stock for a regular game. Did email stockboy this morning to figure out if supplies are there or if they're shipped late but haven't heard back yet. Also gonna call tomorrow to check for stock

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm fighting the good fight internally, but just to be 100% transparent I see this being an issue across many of the non AAA releases. I don't agree with it but all I can say is that if your store is consistently running out the best way for that to be fixed is to to let us know asap via email to be give me more ammo.[/QUOTE]

Josh, it really sucks that you're getting the rug pulled out from under you by some managerial decision. But hopefully you're able to convince these boneheads that this decision is worse for the company. I stopped going the Kmart years ago because they never had advertised items in stock, even if you went on the day a sale started and if this starts up again I can see myself stopping again since I bypass several other stores just to buy at Kmart.

But you've built up enough goodwill with me that I won't be stopping anytime soon. I'm patient enough to wait and see if you can resolve this. Good Luck!

Went out to the Bloomingdale, IL location during my lunch break. Actually ended up running late getting back to work, but I'm glad I rushed out after all these reports of low stock. A quick search found a lone copy of Ico/SotC among New Releases. There had been an employee in electronics, but he wandered away before I found it so I brought it to the general registers, and as such I didn't get to ask about stock beyond that one copy.

Used my Star Fox coupon and the $15 coupon printed out fine.

Stopped by New Hope, MN store around 3 pm and they said they didn't get it today, suggested I try back tomorrow. I want to stop back tomorrow, but the store is 30 minutes out of my way and I hate going and coming back empty handed.

Went to two Kmarts looking for the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection. The first is closer but I don't know why I even go to that store anymore. The guy in the electronics selection is a complete lazy ass and won't communicate beyond "no". Needless to say they didn't have any. The next store didn't have it out but I asked; at least this guy was cooperative. He took a look around but couldn't find any, and said they only got 2 in stock so they must have sold them. Sigh, I don't know why I bother with Kmart for new releases.

Really impressed by the service in the electronics at the New Albany, IN store. I called in and asked if they had ICO and SotC collection. When they said they did I asked if they could hold it. When I got to the store the person I talked to had got off for the day and the other peson could not find the game. I was almost expecting him to tell me to come in when the other guy worked but he said he would check the back and told me to ask customer service if it had been taken to the front. When I went to the front they were not overly helpful so I went back to the electronics and waited for the guy to come back. When he did returned he brought back a copy from the back. Usually when I go it takes forever to find an employee and most of the time it is someone who knows little to nothing about the department but I guess I got lucky today.

Yeah kmart is the worst retailer ever. Last week I decide to give them a chance with gears of war...they couldn't find them. This week half the employees were walking around claiming they were off the clock. Finally one helps me and says they got one Ico. Its in the ad...how can any store run like this? I wont try them again and will just go elsewhere.

My fear for this issue with low stock is the person who hears about Kmart's great deals and gives it a shot only to get no game on opening day. Most of us understand the issue and know you will try to get us taken care of Josh, but it feels like things are going backwards for you.

[quote name='Killbomb']Stock Boy said the other day that the only PC games they will be carrying are ones that are PC only like Diablo 3, Old Republic, etc. Sucks I know since there is no way I'm playing something like Rage or Skyrim on 5-year-old consoles when I just upgraded my PC in May.[/QUOTE]
I dunno, I'm not sure the Rage/Skyrim position was very clear. I mean, they may be multiplat, but they're huge PC titles too.

I will say though, that while my rig can run Battlefield 3 well on High, I've decided I'm getting it for 360. Setting aside Battlelog, I'm abysmal with mouse and keyboard (mostly the keyboard bit -- I forget where keys are constantly), and playing with people accustomed to it was not fun. I did terribly. But on the 360 where I'm used to the controls, I did pretty well. I'll keep trying to get acclimated, but talk about a trial by fire.

I was hoping to wait until Friday or Saturday to swing by Kmart, but I may have to stop by sooner if stock is so limited on Ico/SotC collection.

had a terrible experience and didnt even get a copy of ico/sotc collection. i posted the details on your facebook page. hope i get a response back. i really cant see myself shopping at kmart after i use my last coupon.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I dunno, I'm not sure the Rage/Skyrim position was very clear. I mean, they may be multiplat, but they're huge PC titles too.

I will say though, that while my rig can run Battlefield 3 well on High, I've decided I'm getting it for 360. Setting aside Battlelog, I'm abysmal with mouse and keyboard (mostly the keyboard bit -- I forget where keys are constantly), and playing with people accustomed to it was not fun. I did terribly. But on the 360 where I'm used to the controls, I did pretty well. I'll keep trying to get acclimated, but talk about a trial by fire. [/QUOTE]

It seemed pretty clear to me, unfortunately. This is why K-Mart needs pre-orders. They could include the PC version of a game in the coupon deal but only carry it at a certain store if someone pre-orders it. Wishful thinking I'm sure though.

I hear you about the M/KB. I know it is more accurate to use but I really prefer the gamepad for just about every genre except MMOs and ARPGs. I doubt I will even get Battlefield 3 anyway since I have had my fill of military shooters. I'm sure Uncharted 3's MP will keep my busy when I get the urge to play online amidst all the single-player games I plan on playing.

Josh,
Do you envision any crazy deals the week of November 15th? If you count Skyrim coming out that Friday, I count 10 releases that week. There are 4 for sure I want to get that week, maybe a 5th if there is a "spend x amount of dollars, get y amount of dollars" like we had earlier this year.

Yeah. I'd love to hear about any special plans for the 15th as well. I actively dread that day for how many new releases are coming out that in that week span I want. Skyrim, LEGO Harry Potter, Mario Land 3D, Halo Anniversary, Rayman Origins, UMvC3, Saint's Row, Ass Creed...
Damn. That's gonna be a rough week on my credit cards.

If they don't have Dark Souls on release day I'm going to rage hard. I don't trust it so I preordered with 5 dollars elsewhere just in case but I want to use these damn coupons. 1 of them expires late next week....crossing fingers

With all the good games coming so close together in November, I wish there was some way you guys could waive the coupon waiting period during Nov/Dec. Maybe just for certain AAA games?

I can use my $20 Gears of War credit to get Ico/SotC, getting a $15 credit and, essentially, only spending $5...

Thanks for keeping my wallet thin and my backlog huge, you monster.

OK so what are we suppose to do if the stores don't have any copies left of Ico? does that mean I'm sol on getting this great deal? was really hoping to get myself a copy and finally use these coupons on something i actually wanted :(

Got my copy of Ico/SotC late last night for $9 and change after using my 2x $15 coupons from GoW Origins and Starfox 64.

Forgot that I had to redeem the coupons first then use my SYWR points. That was a hassle.

[quote name='medetron']OK so what are we suppose to do if the stores don't have any copies left of Ico? does that mean I'm sol on getting this great deal? was really hoping to get myself a copy and finally use these coupons on something i actually wanted :([/QUOTE]

They aren't going to restock before the deal is over, and quite possibly not for awhile after.

In short, yeah, probably SOL on getting Ico if your store doesn't have it.

[quote name='aiko']Astor Place had copies of ICO/SOTC at 3 pm. They were not on display, but were on a shelf next to the right register.[/QUOTE] Gah, woke up early for nothing yesterday. Thanks for the heads up though. All sold out again though when I got there. :cry:

NYC update:
No Ico at Astor or Penn

Astor: 1x Fifa (360) 2x (PS3)
At least 1x Xmen (360 and PS3)

Called the New Hope MN store today. No Ico/SotC as of yet. Further, the guy I spoke with said it is not strange for that loction to recieve a game AFTER release week.... WOW!

Josh,

Any update on why coupons might not be working at certain stores for xbla point cards? I'd rather not try to use a $15 coupon on a $20 point card again unless I know its going to work.

[quote name='FixIt']Called the New Hope MN store today. No Ico/SotC as of yet. Further, the guy I spoke with said it is not strange for that loction to recieve a game AFTER release week.... WOW![/QUOTE]

it may not be strange for them to find and place the items for sale after release week, but they are receiving their games on time. End of story.

[quote name='jer7583']it may not be strange for them to find and place the items for sale after release week, but they are receiving their games on time. End of story.[/QUOTE]

Can we get Josh or Stockboy to check on what is going on with this store? There's at least two of us just on CAG who try to use this store regularly.

I was going to run over again at lunch but FixIt saved me the trip! Thanks.

Visited the O'Fallon, MO location around 5:30 last night. Walked straight to electronics, no one in sight of course, and found three or so copies of Ico/SotC and one copy of X-Men Destiny. Finally found a guy to get the Ico/SotC out of the case. Took it up to the front registers, had my SYWR card swiped, and the $15 coupon printed. Plan to use this on Dark Souls or Uncharted 3.

Thanks for the great deals Josh!

you should email the kmartgamerhelpme address with the store's information.

Picked up the move sports champion bundle & ps3 undisputed 2010 for $16(with the madden/NHL/star fox GC) @ clifton park ny

Dumb question...when does the FIFA coupon expire.

I went to my local Kmart at 3ishPM yesterday and they only had one copy of ICO/SotC, which I bought. I'm glad I was able to go during the day and pick up a copy, though I'm surprised at the stock and feel like I narrowly dodged some major disappointment. (This was a major stop on the coupon train for me!)

[quote name='jer7583']you should email the kmartgamerhelpme address with the store's information.[/QUOTE]

I did send an email about the stores that got zero copies of Ico/SotC in my area. Next closest store is 45 minutes one way. A bit too far for me.

[quote name='FixIt']I did send an email about the stores that got zero copies of Ico/SotC in my area. Next closest store is 45 minutes one way. A bit too far for me.[/QUOTE]

FYI - I e-mailed about New Hope too.

Did Sony only make like 10 copies of ICO/SoTC? It's not just KMart that has low stock, no one around me has stock except for Gamestop, but that's because there's one on every other corner.

[quote name='oiskaio']Did Sony only make like 10 copies of ICO/SoTC? It's not just KMart that has low stock, no one around me has stock except for Gamestop, but that's because there's one on every other corner.[/QUOTE]

These games didn't sell very well the first time they were out, I'm sure retailers are taking a conservative approach to how many they bring in. Considering how many AAA titles are coming out soon, smaller titles like this are possibly going to be overlooked by the more casual customers.

for anyone living in goleta/santa barbara, the one next to ucsb had two yesterday night. picked up one. one left...

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']I had to fight the traffic of Obama speaking in Denver to pick up the last copy of ICO/SoTC yesterday.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I had to fight dead stop traffic Sunday on my way to a Football game because Obama landed at boeing field. I went to pick up Ico/SoTC, or check on it at my stores, and nothing. Still. Like I said a couple days ago, stock has been down right horrible. I think with games like Elder Scrolls that I want right away I may have to pre-order somewhere as a backup to kmart. I sent an email to [email protected]. I hope it helps?

[quote name='medetron']not a lot of traffic on here today huh? was hoping to get an answer or response from either josh or stock-boy but i guess not :([/QUOTE]Someone answered you already. If the game is not in stock this week you are probably sol.

[quote name='Gerry P.']Someone answered you already. If the game is not in stock this week you are probably sol.[/QUOTE]

Hard to coupon chain if you can't count on stock - one of the main reasons I don't know about starting a chain if you get a coupon you have to dump on something you are 'eh' about.

Sometimes, if you email the mailbox, Josh will let you buy it at kmart.com or something and he'll get you your coupon.

Regarding the difficulty of chaining with limited stock. Agreed. My store claims they only got 3 copies of Resistance 3, Gears and 2 copies of Ico. I got the 2nd to last copy both weeks (and only because I went before work). I don't know that I trust them with Batman, Uncharted, etc. I moved a lot of my big releases to best buy under the 5x$100 deal and I'll be picking up anything that wasn't at that list at K-mart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back