KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nbballard']Sometimes, if you email the mailbox, Josh will let you buy it at kmart.com or something and he'll get you your coupon.

Regarding the difficulty of chaining with limited stock. Agreed. My store claims they only got 3 copies of Resistance 3, Gears and 2 copies of Ico. I got the 2nd to last copy both weeks (and only because I went before work). I don't know that I trust them with Batman, Uncharted, etc. I moved a lot of my big releases to best buy under the 5x$100 deal and I'll be picking up anything that wasn't at that list at K-mart.[/QUOTE]
I'm sort of doing the same, except I'm diverting my non-essentials (cross-platform sequels without DLC vouchers or elaborate special editions) to Blockbuster, GameFly, or Amazon Warehouse Deals. You know, I still have Twilight Princess in my backlog (I should play that game soon). This isn't absolute by any means, though.

Right now, I'm thinking I'll only buy two more games for the remainder of the holiday season.

I am done with Kmart, way too many problems with inventory. Just went to the Harrisonburg, VA Kmart and apparently they only got in 2 copies of FIFA 2012 and 1 copy of ico/sotc collection. What a joke. Why bother having these coupon deals if it is going to result in many more pissed off people than satisfied customers?

Even worse for me is I have two coupons from NHL 2012 and the GoW Origins collection. I only purchased these because I planned to use the coupons on FIFA 2012. Now I will wave to blow them on something I do not really want. I was also planning to use my $10 of SYWR points which apparently expire at the end of September.

On the positive side there was some new lead woman running the department and she seemed quite proactive compared to all other Kmart staff I have encountered. She actually puts new releases out on Tuesday mornings. In the past employees usually have not been able to find new releases. They would not be on the shelf but the system would show them in stock. They usually tried to look for them but rarely could locate them. Sometimes it seemed to take several day to turn up.

Anyway she took my name and number so she could call me if they get any more in this week. I would be very surprised if they get any more in soon enough though...

Tempted to go to another k-mart to look for the tiger woods bundle tomorrow. The thing is I want move since I now have a move game coming so I guess the sports champions bundle will do. It's just $50 for another motion controller is blah, since I have the Wii, lol.

I know its still a month away, but any rumor to what BF3 deal will be? Would I be wrong to think of something along the lines of a $20 coupon and something a little more like most major games get.

Got my copy of Ico/Shadow from my first Kmart I visited today. There are two Kmarts closest to my house.

Glad I jumped because the second Kmart I went to today didn't have any copies left.

There were only two left and I grabbed one. Hopefully, someone will get the deal like I did and that copy won't rot on the shelves like the numerous Medal of Honor Limited Editions I see there. There had to be at least three or four copies of MoH:LE sitting in the budget bin of games.

Coupon printed out fine for Ico/Shadow, going to use it towards Dark Souls, maybe. Still kind of disappointed about Kmart not getting the collector's edition. Just don't understand why Dark Souls Collector's edition couldn't have gone the same route as how Deus Ex's Augmented edition went.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Has anything been mentioned about MW3 hardened??? I want to see if I should email stockboy to try and have one sent to my local store.[/QUOTE]

Though it is possible, you definitely can't count on finding one at Kmart without emailing stockboy. Just send him a message and he should be able to get one shipped to your store

All these titles I can use my Ico/Shadow coupon on. Sonic Generation for the PS3 might over take Dark Souls since I never played Demon Souls and kind of hesitant about the difficulty.

10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time $20 Gaming Coupon (Kind of want to play Shattered Dimensions first)
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage $20 Gaming Coupon (Hmm...supposedly a more realistic version of Borderlands)
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls $20 Gaming Coupon (KMart will only carry the standard edition of this game) :(
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (Didn't even know this was being released)
10-11 :360: Forza 4 (Kind of want Forza 3 Ultimate edition more)
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (Haven't played an Ace Combat game since Ace Combat 2)
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter (Got the first one in my backlog)
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One (Got crack in time in my backlog)
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City (Looks good)
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3 (same as Batman)
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour (Been meaning to track down a copy of Silent Hill Homecoming though)
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded (Thinking of this over the Wii version)
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations (Sonic fan, enough said)
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Been meaning to pick up Uncharted 2:GOTYE, hope there's a deal with it)
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Never played a CoD:MW games except demo of MW 2)
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (already have these games, might consider)
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (never played any of the ES games)

Looks like Kmart is going to get a lot of money from me at least up to November 1st. Hope my wallet survives, if I jump on the coupon train successfully.

Forgot to mention I picked up a Boy and his Blob for $14.99, still a lot of $19.99 and under titles I'd like to jump on. Just need a deal like previous sales on these types of games.

Is there any chance for a deal on Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition or at least a deal on all $39.99 games soon?

Fortunately I was able to find an Ico at another Kmart. They only received 2 copies also and they were tucked at the top of the bin. I'll have to remember not to wait to use my coupon on smaller release item.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']yeah, I had to fight dead stop traffic Sunday on my way to a Football game. I went to pick up Ico/SoTC, or check on it at my stores, and nothing. Still. Like I said a couple days ago, stock has been down right horrible. I think with games like Elder Scrolls that I want right away I may have to pre-order somewhere as a backup to kmart. I sent an email to [email protected]. I hope it helps?[/QUOTE]

Hey there, seeing how you're from WA, I'm wondering which stores have you checked for Ico/SoTC? Please let me know! :)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls $20 Gaming Coupon (KMart will only carry the standard edition of this game) :([/QUOTE]

No retailer will have the CE, it's preorder only. The only way you'll be able to get a CE now is if you luck up and someone doesn't pick up their preorder.

[quote name='coldstreakd']Though it is possible, you definitely can't count on finding one at Kmart without emailing stockboy. Just send him a message and he should be able to get one shipped to your store[/QUOTE]

Will do. Thanks!

[quote name='Gerry P.']Someone answered you already. If the game is not in stock this week you are probably sol.[/QUOTE]

Read my comment again, i was hoping for josh or stockboy to respond to my comment. sometimes as previously stated they try to get either more stock or let you buy it online and send out a gift card. just ticked off that beacuse of low inventory/lack of customer help at the stores i end up with coupons i can't use beacuse of inventory or lack of games/psn cards at my stores...

[quote name='Zerok']No retailer will have the CE, it's preorder only. The only way you'll be able to get a CE now is if you luck up and someone doesn't pick up their preorder.[/QUOTE]

We know this, but 20 different people have asked about it in this thread and it was answered multiple times. But people won't search through all the pages to answer their questions, so someone added this to the OP to stop so many people from asking over and over

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']All these titles I can use my Ico/Shadow coupon on. Sonic Generation for the PS3 might over take Dark Souls since I never played Demon Souls and kind of hesitant about the difficulty.

10-4 :360::ps3: Spiderman: Edge of Time $20 Gaming Coupon (Kind of want to play Shattered Dimensions first)
10-4 :360::ps3: Rage $20 Gaming Coupon (Hmm...supposedly a more realistic version of Borderlands)
10-4 :360::ps3: Dark Souls $20 Gaming Coupon (KMart will only carry the standard edition of this game) :(
10-11 :360::ps3: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (Didn't even know this was being released)
10-11 :360: Forza 4 (Kind of want Forza 3 Ultimate edition more)
10-11 :360::ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (Haven't played an Ace Combat game since Ace Combat 2)
10-17 :ds: Professor Layton and the Last Specter (Got the first one in my backlog)
10-18 :ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One (Got crack in time in my backlog)
10-18 :360::ps3: Batman Arkham City (Looks good)
10-25 :360::ps3: Battlefield 3 (same as Batman)
10-25 :360::ps3: Silent Hill Downpour (Been meaning to track down a copy of Silent Hill Homecoming though)
11-1 :360::ps3: James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded (Thinking of this over the Wii version)
11-1 :360::ps3: Sonic Generations (Sonic fan, enough said)
11-1 :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Been meaning to pick up Uncharted 2:GOTYE, hope there's a deal with it)
11-8 :360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Never played a CoD:MW games except demo of MW 2)
11-8 :360::ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (already have these games, might consider)
11-11 :360::ps3: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (never played any of the ES games)

Looks like Kmart is going to get a lot of money from me at least up to November 1st. Hope my wallet survives, if I jump on the coupon train successfully.

Forgot to mention I picked up a Boy and his Blob for $14.99, still a lot of $19.99 and under titles I'd like to jump on. Just need a deal like previous sales on these types of games.

Is there any chance for a deal on Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition or at least a deal on all $39.99 games soon?[/QUOTE]

i like ur taste in games lol. for teh spiderman game, i think if u have a beaten save file of shattered dimensions, u get some special unlocks in the game (costumes and wat not tho. but since ur lookin to pick up both, just lettin u know) and man a deal on borderlands goty would be sweet. might happen around borderlands 2 launch tho

[quote name='sinned47']I kind of want to sell my 20 dollar coupon I got for resistance. Anyone interested? My local kmart is closing.[/QUOTE]

is that even possible? thought they were tied to acc (like u buy and coupon works because it knows you bought a copy?)

Is Saints Row: The Third + $20 Gaming coupon + Free copy of Saints Row Double Pack too much to ask for?

Just because i sold my old Saints Row games but would love to have them again. This would probably make me buy Saints Row day 1 instead of waiting for it to become cheaper.

Also wouldnt mind a similar deal with Assassins Creed Revelations where you get an older game free (AC1, AC2, or possibly even AC:brotherhood) plus coupon. I know PS3 versions will come with AC1, but xboxers are out of luck.

No Ico/SotC at Bozeman, MT store. Guy in electronics said he's only a temp and shipments only come on Thursdays and Mondays. I REALLY hope they get it in before the coupon offer becomes invalid.

I took my lunch break today to Astor Place NYC store to get my FIFA Soccer 12. Worked great, got the coupon print and the $5 off EA coupon also worked. However, I might got the last copy of FIFA 12 in the store, because there was no more in shelf as 1:00 PM.

Went back to work and saw the Tiger Woods Move Bundle back in stock online, was thinking to order it after work. But it went out of stock so quickly. There was no more at 5:30 PM.

The good thing is after 3 tries in 3 different Best Buy stores, the one at 6th Ave was finally wiling to price matching for me. However, they only let me take the bundle price mtach or their free navigator promotion. I picked the bundle price match, not too sweet, but decent enough!

One thing I noticed is when an item is out of stock online, you can't search to see if your store has it. It's a shame. I don't want to drive to another k-mart that might not have either (they don't have sport's champions), and no clue on tiger woods because tiger woods is OOS online.

I still have a K-mart with sports champions but I would prefer tiger woods.

sweet, just picked up one of only 2 copies of Ico/SotC that the Iowa City K-Mart in the case, now to figure out what to get with the $15 dollar coupon since Dark Souls is only the regular edition...

is the ps3 move bundle for 50% off in the weekly ad? because I can't see it there. I want to price match it to best buy as I have a gift card from them.

Any upcoming deals for Starfox 64 3ds? I tried to buy it release week but all stores were out of stock. Now the same thing happens with ICO/SOTC. I used my NHL coupon on FIFA but wanted to spend more money on ICO and was unable to do so. This lack of stock is getting silly but then when I look at all the old stock that clogs up my store I realize they have gone from one extreme (ordering way to much of stuff that does not sell) to the other.

[quote name='diishen']Hey there, seeing how you're from WA, I'm wondering which stores have you checked for Ico/SoTC? Please let me know! :)[/QUOTE]

Hey man. I live in pierce county, so I travel to Tacoma and Lakewood typically. The stores I have dropped by are on 6th and 72nd. you in this neck of the woods?

[quote name='mrbutler14']Any upcoming deals for Starfox 64 3ds? I tried to buy it release week but all stores were out of stock. Now the same thing happens with ICO/SOTC. I used my NHL coupon on FIFA but wanted to spend more money on ICO and was unable to do so. This lack of stock is getting silly but then when I look at all the old stock that clogs up my store I realize they have gone from one extreme (ordering way to much of stuff that does not sell) to the other.[/QUOTE]
It's really important that if your store is out of stock to let us know via email, I need every store issue possible so I can get the pendulum to meet in the middle.

[quote name='mrbutler14']Any upcoming deals for Starfox 64 3ds? I tried to buy it release week but all stores were out of stock. Now the same thing happens with ICO/SOTC. I used my NHL coupon on FIFA but wanted to spend more money on ICO and was unable to do so. This lack of stock is getting silly but then when I look at all the old stock that clogs up my store I realize they have gone from one extreme (ordering way to much of stuff that does not sell) to the other.[/QUOTE]
It's MAP'd for a while but should seem some activity in November.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Hard to coupon chain if you can't count on stock - one of the main reasons I don't know about starting a chain if you get a coupon you have to dump on something you are 'eh' about.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Please flood the email box with your store info. I am very frustrated by this as this is something controlled up at the "corporate team." There is a tremendous trend to reduce WOS and if it is turning away customers I have to get concrete examples (beyond the forum) via email to create a presentation.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Josh,

Any update on why coupons might not be working at certain stores for xbla point cards? I'd rather not try to use a $15 coupon on a $20 point card again unless I know its going to work.[/QUOTE]
We looked into at a corporate level and nothing seems to be amiss. They are looking for some additional info (cash register #) but I don't see how that is possible without putting potential inconvenience in your way.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Agreed. Please flood the email box with your store info. I am very frustrated by this as this is something controlled up at the "corporate team." There is a tremendous trend to reduce WOS and if it is turning away customers I have to get concrete examples (beyond the forum) via email to create a presentation.[/QUOTE]
Wos = waste of space? If so what a backwards way for them to approach, reduce number of in demand product to hold space for older that has less and less value and demand. Diminishing returns and turning away customers is the result they should have expected.

Well, store 3435 got their shipment of Ico today. Got it around 12pm today. Didn't check on store 3363 though. Thanks for the deal Josh.

Dark Souls, Batman, Saints Row 3rd and/or Skyrim are the only other must haves this year (preordered Zelda thru Amazon so I could get the special bundle). But may hold off on Skyrim since there will probably a GOTY version some time in a year or two and well there are too many awesome games in such a short time frame that I know I won't play it this year.

[quote name='shiny_dante']sweet, just picked up one of only 2 copies of Ico/SotC that the Iowa City K-Mart in the case, now to figure out what to get with the $15 dollar coupon since Dark Souls is only the regular edition...[/QUOTE]

Go for Batman AC

Went on Tues to look for ICO, didn't have any (or Xmen). I think they said they didn't receive the shipment.
Went back today and they had 2 copies :D

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Agreed. Please flood the email box with your store info. I am very frustrated by this as this is something controlled up at the "corporate team." There is a tremendous trend to reduce WOS and if it is turning away customers I have to get concrete examples (beyond the forum) via email to create a presentation.[/QUOTE]

If they really want to improve the WOS they should take steps to make the new releases highly visible in-store. Been meaning to mention that you should see if you could get approval to place the "new releases for the week" up at the Electronics register for all media; music, movies, games. Kinda like its own display case that gets updated each week with the new stuff. New stock goes in while the old stuff gets lumped into the general case

You also need to explain to whoever is behind buying so few copies of titles this year how a pre-order system works and how important it is to estimating demand/stock needs.

It really shouldn't be that hard to set up an in-store pre-order system, should it? I mean, it's like a database of customer information and pre-orders. That's it, right?

[quote name='jer7583']You also need to explain to whoever is behind buying so few copies of titles this year how a pre-order system works and how important it is to estimating demand/stock needs.

It really shouldn't be that hard to set up an in-store pre-order system, should it? I mean, it's like a database of customer information and pre-orders. That's it, right?[/QUOTE]
You are correct, as easy as getting new releases out on the sales floor...do I sound bitter yet lol.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You are correct, as easy as getting new releases out on the sales floor...do I sound bitter yet lol.[/QUOTE]

I wrote a lengthy email about stock issues and suggestions for the pre-order program. Hopefully it helps you accomplish your goals.

Any deal lined up for tetris axis?

As for stock issues, i am surprised a pre-order system hasn't been intigrated with the layaway service. I'm sure its not as simple as that, but the concept of pay now get item later is there.

I managed to get ico/SoTC at my usual kmart. I checked one closer to work and it wasnt on the self or it was out. They did have the gears 3 collectors which was not at my usual store last week.

I'll send an email to help the cause. I don't think i have even seen kirby mass attack in any kmart yet.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We looked into at a corporate level and nothing seems to be amiss. They are looking for some additional info (cash register #) but I don't see how that is possible without putting potential inconvenience in your way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Josh. I'll just give up on it. Appreciate you taking the time to check it out though.

Have any users been able to confirm exactly what level of email opt in is required to get the coupons at check out? I haven't bought anything in a while so in the interim I closed down all the emails. Looking to get back in on Dark Souls and am wondering if I should opt back in for all 4 or 5 partner emails like before or if just Kmart email opt in will work now.

I called early on Tuesday to my local Kmart and they had one copy of X-Men Destiny for the 360 and a few copies of Ico/Colossus so I had them hold them for me. Other than the new kid in electronics and the manager that didn't know what an Xbox 360 was, I didn't have any trouble picking my games up with the $20 Dead Island coupon, my $4 in Shop Your Way Rewards points and my $5 birthday coupon. I had them ring it up in two seperate transactions just to be safe though.

The only gripe that I have is that Kmart receipts must print out in magic disappearing ink because it wouldn't scan and the numbers of the sku were half gone. I'm glad that I get digital receipts emailed to me though.

The Sears birthday coupon was pretty much worthless unless you are buying clothes or bed sheets.

I know that it's very unlikely Kmart will even get any in stock, even more so having any kind of deal on it, but any chance that the new Fate/Extra game will grace Kmart with its presence?

[quote name='coldstreakd']Though it is possible, you definitely can't count on finding one at Kmart without emailing stockboy. Just send him a message and he should be able to get one shipped to your store[/QUOTE]

I'm a noob and tried searching but what is stockboys email? And do I just tell him what games I want to make sure are in stock at my store?

So what's the word on K-Mart and Dark Souls? Are we getting the free collector's edition upgrade for the regular copies?

[quote name='FINALBOSS']So what's the word on K-Mart and Dark Souls? Are we getting the free collector's edition upgrade for the regular copies?[/QUOTE]

It's kinda in the OP and has been mentioned on a number of occasions that it won't be the Collector's Edition.

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']I'm a noob and tried searching but what is stockboys email? And do I just tell him what games I want to make sure are in stock at my store?[/QUOTE]

I checked and it doesn't appear to be listed in this thread anywhere. Hmm...
But anyways, luckily I still have old emails with him
Its [email protected]
Yes, just tell him what game/version and your kmart's location, and he'll let you know what he can do for you. I'm not guaranteeing you he can get it there, but its definitely your best bet.

[quote name='fullmetal']It's kinda in the OP and has been mentioned on a number of occasions that it won't be the Collector's Edition.[/QUOTE]
Figured as much. I'll stick with my Amazon order. I'll pick up Rage at K-Mart instead. GOTTA have my CE for Dark Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back