KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to keep in mind when using a SYWR points promotion is that you can use groceries to meet your target. If buying a bag of Doritos on top of your gaming purchase nets you five bucks, snack away.

[quote name='DPsycho']To the best of my knowledge...

1) You're advised not to purchase more than one game that produces a coupon on the same transaction as the system has a tendency to print just one of them. I don't see anything excluding "gift cards" so the PSN card will likely not be a problem.

2) In the past, people have reported triggering the promotions even if gaming coupons then put the total below the threshold, though I can't say whether it will work for you. The fine print at the bottom does say that it tallies after discounts are applied, so I wouldn't count on it.

3) No idea. It says you can earn the individual 5000 point units up to three times, but that may only cap a single transaction. I wouldn't count on it working again after that, but if you have a lot to buy anyway, you never know.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'm not buying a lot of games, but a few. Josh or anyone else, can you please confirm on (1).

I know this maybe stupid but I never shopped at Kmart for these gaming coupon deals. I did sign up for a Rewards Card and I do have one. Now all I need to do is lets say go to Kamrt on Tuesday and buy RAGE and a 20.00 coupon will print out? Is it that easy? or is there something else to it.

Also when I signed up I got a Sears Reward Card. Does that matter? Or is it the same?

Thanks for the help :)

Welp, no Ico/SotC Collection at my Kmart. I figured my chances would be slim, but annoyingly there was someone working electronics I haven't seen before, since it's been a while from when I last went to Kmart some time ago. When I asked about it, and all I got was "If it's not in the case, we don't have it." I'd have pushed further but I was really constrained on time. I guess I'll just pick it up whenever there's a sale.

Definitely thinking how to word an email to corporate to kindly point out that not stocking games beyond a couple of copies and stalling online coupons is not doing them any favors. To whom would I send such an email, Josh?

[quote name='DPsycho']One thing to keep in mind when using a SYWR points promotion is that you can use groceries to meet your target. If buying a bag of Doritos on top of your gaming purchase nets you five bucks, snack away.[/QUOTE]

whoa, really? o_O lol was on the fence for the promotion since i have 2 20 coupons that i'd prob use on games... so thatd make it 39.99

[quote name='harish7447']Thank you. I'm not buying a lot of games, but a few. Josh or anyone else, can you please confirm on (1).[/QUOTE]

if its the same deal, then u have to do separate transactions. so u gotta get nba for ps3 separate from nba 360 to get each coupon. now about spending 135+ get 15k pts, i'm not sure about

[quote name='pimpinc333']I know this maybe stupid but I never shopped at Kmart for these gaming coupon deals. I did sign up for a Rewards Card and I do have one. Now all I need to do is lets say go to Kamrt on Tuesday and buy RAGE and a 20.00 coupon will print out? Is it that easy? or is there something else to it.

Also when I signed up I got a Sears Reward Card. Does that matter? Or is it the same?

Thanks for the help :)[/QUOTE]

when u go to buy it, make sure they scan ur sywr card/put in your info, its only for members. and if the sears reward card is the sywr card, then ur fine. (i dont shop at sears since there are limited stores around here, so i'm not sure wat card ur talkin about)

Definitely thinking how to word an email to corporate to kindly point out that not stocking games beyond a couple of copies and stalling online coupons is not doing them any favors. To whom would I send such an email, Josh?
Josh is like, "Josh." Just kidding.
[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Welp, no Ico/SotC Collection at my Kmart. I figured my chances would be slim, but annoyingly there was someone working electronics I haven't seen before, since it's been a while from when I last went to Kmart some time ago. When I asked about it, and all I got was "If it's not in the case, we don't have it." I'd have pushed further but I was really constrained on time. I guess I'll just pick it up whenever there's a sale.[/QUOTE]
I've gotten that same excuse. I'll usually follow up by asking if there's anything in the back that hasn't been taken out, to quell any doubt. I'm more apt to believe someone when they're actually more (or less) curt about whatever it is they're trying to say. Y'know?

I wonder if the guy knew the reason it wasn't on the shelf.

anyone know if there is any offer planned for kirbys return to dreamland? noticed its not even listed on the release list on the OP

[quote name='SPVietBoy']whoa, really? o_O lol was on the fence for the promotion since i have 2 20 coupons that i'd prob use on games... so thatd make it 39.99[/QUOTE]

To be clear, your gaming coupons must be used on gaming purchases, but the spend $45 get 5000 points promotion is store wide. Don't want anyone catching snippets and getting confused...

[quote name='sadboy']Josh is like, "Josh." Just kidding.

I've gotten that same excuse. I'll usually follow up by asking if there's anything in the back that hasn't been taken out, to quell any doubt. I'm more apt to believe someone when they're actually more (or less) curt about whatever it is they're trying to say. Y'know?

I wonder if the guy knew the reason it wasn't on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

After working at a Kmart for a year in Electronics...I've come to find out that the boxes are easily lost in the mess that is the "stockroom". And that employees are either too lazy (usually), or too ignorant (I don't mean that entirely negatively), to realize that there are games missing/needing stocked.

I always forgive the above (as a customer), until an employee becomes obviously lazy/overconfident that the case contains "every" item. Kmart has always been a frustrating experience, both as a customer and an employee...I still can't imagine it remaining in business for longer than 5-10 more years, despite what Josh has been, and is, trying to do.

[quote name='wrencrest']Seriously? Wow, I never knew someone could hate Big Bang Theory that much. I think its a great show. I guess even nerds can take things too seriously sometimes. Its just a TV show, that guy needs to relax.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I love TBBT. It's a great show. All of these nerds who hate it need to relax.

[quote name='thehoweller']After working at a Kmart for a year in Electronics...I've come to find out that the boxes are easily lost in the mess that is the "stockroom". And that employees are either too lazy (usually), or too ignorant (I don't mean that entirely negatively), to realize that there are games missing/needing stocked.

I always forgive the above (as a customer), until an employee becomes obviously lazy/overconfident that the case contains "every" item. Kmart has always been a frustrating experience, both as a customer and an employee...I still can't imagine it remaining in business for longer than 5-10 more years, despite what Josh has been, and is, trying to do.[/QUOTE]

Not all Kmarts have shitty stockrooms.
And some employees are actually knowledgeable about what they have for some reason or another (either they actually know what is in the backroom or someone was just asking about the same game you were a half hour earlier.)

[quote name='DPsycho']To be clear, your gaming coupons must be used on gaming purchases, but the spend $45 get 5000 points promotion is store wide. Don't want anyone catching snippets and getting confused...[/QUOTE]

yea no, i understand that. I was just saying that because after my coupons, my purchase would drop below the 45 minimum and i have nothing else i plan on picking up. so if i could pick up some snacks for the week and make it for the promotion, i'm in!

[quote name='hostyl1']As someone else has said you were wrong on the price match. Also, there have been multiple times where Josh has announced both a day 1 deal and an upcoming sale on a title upfront. Portal 2 and Alice Madness returns are two examples. For Portal 2, he gave a coupon Day and announced that if you could wait, it'd be cheaper in like 2 weeks (ended up being $15 off). For Alice, he had a Day 1 coupon and said, if you could wait 'see Portal 2'. Again, another straight $15 off two weeks later.

So Josh has a track record of not being shy about announcing an upcoming sale on a title even ahead of the Day 1 coupon deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='harish7447']Thank you. I'm not buying a lot of games, but a few. Josh or anyone else, can you please confirm on (1).[/QUOTE]

The best advice I can give you is to NEVER EVER EVERY buy multiple copies of the same game in the SAME TRANSACTION; even if you are getting one for one particular system (PS3) and one for another (Xbox 360).

I learned early one (sometime last year) that this complicates the procedure and you'll only get one coupon instead of two.

I'm not sure if it is has been fixed and I'm not sure if have copies for two different platforms has fixed the problem but I would highly advise you do it in seperate transactions.

Oh ho, yes: The first review for Arkham City is in (from OPM Australia), and the verdict?

"Batman: Arkham City is not only the best superhero game ever made, it's one of the best games ever made full-stop. It takes the already superlative original and gloriously expands on it. It's a deeper game, more complex, more inventive, more mature. It brings the caped crusader's world to life better than any comic, movie or television show before it."

Words cannot describe how pumped I am for B:AC. Oh wait, yes they can--I'm PUMPED! :bouncy:

More excerpts from the review here: http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5675

So Josh/Stockboy, any chance of K-Mart getting some stock of Ico/SotC and running another deal in a few weeks? I'm very disappointed that I missed it because my store didn't have it in stock.

So I have a coupon from Dead Island that was folded neatly and sitting in my wallet for the past month or so. I take it out today to look at it and it's faded almost to the point where unreadable... now what?

this might sound like a stupid question, but do i have to buy dark souls in store to get the $20 coupon, or can i also get the coupon from kmart.com?

[quote name='infamyRISE']Any way to get the Anarchy Edition upgrade at Kmart?[/QUOTE]

Kmart will be stocking the Anarchy Edition this week, as will ALL major retailers. This is for a limited time only, however

[quote name='Fadeca']this might sound like a stupid question, but do i have to buy dark souls in store to get the $20 coupon, or can i also get the coupon from kmart.com?[/QUOTE]

You only get gaming coupons in store, and they are only redeemable in store

[quote name='coldstreakd']Kmart will be stocking the Anarchy Edition this week, as will ALL major retailers. This is for a limited time only, however[/QUOTE]
Or so they say. I can't tell you how many retailers around here still stock Bulletstorm Epic/Limited Editions :lol:.

[quote name='coldstreakd']You only get gaming coupons in store, and they are only redeemable in store[/QUOTE]

that sucks, i have to wait 3 week for my rewards card, oh well, thanks for answering

[quote name='Fadeca']that sucks, i have to wait 3 week for my rewards card, oh well, thanks for answering[/QUOTE]

They can enter your card by the phone number you signed up with. I rarely carry these store cards and do this all the time at KMart.

Searched the thread and found 3 posts that have not been answered regarding the MW3 Hardened edition, does Kmart have their numbers in yet? We've been asking since the previous thread now.

Great price on NHL 12. Only out for like 3 weeks and it's 45$!!!

Any chance Fifa 12 will be 45$ soon as well? That would be an instant buy as well. :)

Anybody know if Kmart will be getting all three covers of NBA 2k12? or just the jordan cover??

Most of us already know about the $20 gaming coupon when you purchase the standard edition of Dark Souls( and Rage, NBA 2k12) this week. However I found out that Kmart is having a special offer from 10/2 to 10/8 in addition to that:

"earn 5,000 points for every $45 you spend (up to 15,000 points) this week (10/2 to 10/8) at participating kmart stores and kmart.com"

1000 points = $1

I notices this in a banner on the top of the rewards page:
https://www.shopyourwayrewards.com

[quote name='jer7583']I think he calls everyone a cunt. He is British after all.

I could see the need to go to the menu to save constantly being a pain in the ass. Especially in the middle of an otherwise engrossing mission. But then it also happened in Fallout 3/NV and I didn't spam the manual save there.

Then again I haven't played it so I don't' know how annoying or not annoying it is. I am going to be buying rage unless the scores are really awful. [/QUOTE]

I have no idea how you made it through fallout NV without spamming manual save. I was lucky if I could play an hour or two without the game freezing multiple times.

Great, but it isn't just Dark Souls. Rage is also $20 coupon and will qualify. Also NBA 2k12 is $20 + $5.

[quote name='JCDogg911']Great, but it isn't just Dark Souls. Rage is also $20 coupon and will qualify. Also NBA 2k12 is $20 + $5.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I updated the post. I was only thinking of myself :D

[quote name='slim150']Thanks I updated the post. I was only thinking of myself :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I think I will be picking up Rage and Dark Souls. $50.00 towards my next game can't be beat.

[quote name='Steadymobbin']how does this work? dark souls will cost $25 less ?[/QUOTE]

It was previously known that if you purchase one of these games this week you will get a $20 gaming coupon that is redeemable 10/9/11 – 11/19/11.

What is new is you will also get an additional 5000 bonus points (= $5) as well. Therefore you pay full price for the game, but get $25 back in coupons.

I don't shop at Kmart, but it says "Bonus Members" only.

Do I have to register to be a Bonus Member, kind of like Best Buy's Reward Zone membership?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I don't shop at Kmart, but it says "Bonus Members" only.

Do I have to register to be a Bonus Member, kind of like Best Buy's Reward Zone membership?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Your signature is excessive.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I don't shop at Kmart, but it says "Bonus Members" only.

Do I have to register to be a Bonus Member, kind of like Best Buy's Reward Zone membership?[/QUOTE]

I think all you have to do to be a "bonus member" is to be subscribed to the email list.

[quote name='jinxpalm']So I have a coupon from Dead Island that was folded neatly and sitting in my wallet for the past month or so. I take it out today to look at it and it's faded almost to the point where unreadable... now what?[/QUOTE]

Didn't see anyone answer you yet, so here you go.

Do you get your receipts sent to your email address as well as printed? If you received the e-receipt, the coupon is included and can be printed out and redeemed once. If you do not have a digital receipt and your original is illegible, you might be out of luck. The coupon program runs under the assumption that a portion will not be redeemed within their time frames. Still, couldn't hurt to ask Josh directly.

Never, ever keep your coupon (or most receipts, for that matter) in your wallet. They are printed with heat-sensitive paper rather than ink and will be destroyed by consistent heat and/or moisture. I keep mine on a bulletin board until the day I intend to stop by KMart.

[quote name='slim150']What is new is you will also get an additional 5000 bonus points (= $5) as well.[/QUOTE]
Actually, we've been discussing this for the past couple of days already since the promotion was sent out via email. It's in the OP.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I have no idea how you made it through fallout NV without spamming manual save. I was lucky if I could play an hour or two without the game freezing multiple times.[/QUOTE]

I actually only had like, 5 hard crashes where the game had to be reset in about 60 hours of gameplay..

three of those were on the final mission on the dam. There were just too many enemies for the engine on that one. It crashed a lot.

I played it on hardcore/hard difficulty with no reticule on too. I don't remember really spamming saves too often.

[quote name='DPsycho']Didn't see anyone answer you yet, so here you go.

Do you get your receipts sent to your email address as well as printed? If you received the e-receipt, the coupon is included and can be printed out and redeemed once. If you do not have a digital receipt and your original is illegible, you might be out of luck. The coupon program runs under the assumption that a portion will not be redeemed within their time frames. Still, couldn't hurt to ask Josh directly.

Never, ever keep your coupon (or most receipts, for that matter) in your wallet. They are printed with heat-sensitive paper rather than ink and will be destroyed by consistent heat and/or moisture. I keep mine on a bulletin board until the day I intend to stop by KMart.

Well thanks for the reply. The thing is I always have kept the coupons in my wallet and they never faded until this one. I think it must have been something wrong with their printer.

Anyway I emailed Josh, I'm guessing he will help me but if not I'm definitely done with Kmart for good.

[quote name='DPsycho']Didn't see anyone answer you yet, so here you go.

Actually, we've been discussing this for the past couple of days already since the promotion was sent out via email. It's in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for the reply. The thing is I always have kept the coupons in my wallet and they never faded until this one. I think it must have been something wrong with their printer.

Anyway I emailed Josh, I'm guessing he will help me but if not I'm definitely done with Kmart for good.

[quote name='W0lfRHart']i still dont know which one to get Rage or Dark Souls and dont say both[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you're looking for right now: a fast paced FPS or a slower, more challenging RPG. Personally, I'm going with Rage and NBA 2K12 Tuesday, I'll pick up Dark Souls down the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back