KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='W0lfRHart']i still dont know which one to get Rage or Dark Souls and dont say both[/QUOTE]
Well both are promising to be great games. Basically take a look at your life right now and if you want a super hard, yet fun and rewarding RPG then dark souls. If you want a FPS that is basically the road warrior the game, then RAGE.

Personally I am gonna wait on Dark Souls. I don't need that in my life right now because I don't want to have to spend hours learning each level right now. I have enough RPG's to play.

I know that there is a two per deal issue with the coupons (i.e., I can get two coupons if I buy two copies of Rage this week), but is there any kind of "cross game" limit. I've never gone to buy more than 2 of the coupon-games in a week and this is the first week that I've been interested in more than 2 (if I get rage, nba, and spiderman, will i get 3 coupons?)

I think the answer should be yes, and since I didn't see it discussed in the OP, that sort of confirms it, but I just wanted to double check (since I can do without nba, if I won't get a coupon for one game).

[quote name='DerClaw']I know that there is a two per deal issue with the coupons (i.e., I can get two coupons if I buy two copies of Rage this week), but is there any kind of "cross game" limit. I've never gone to buy more than 2 of the coupon-games in a week and this is the first week that I've been interested in more than 2 (if I get rage, nba, and spiderman, will i get 3 coupons?)

I think the answer should be yes, and since I didn't see it discussed in the OP, that sort of confirms it, but I just wanted to double check (since I can do without nba, if I won't get a coupon for one game).[/QUOTE]

I assume you can get a coupon with each game you buy, but I'd love to know this too since I'm using coupons to buy one of them and paying full price for the other. Then with the two $20 coupons I get, I plan on paying off Batman in a few weeks (so it'll be $20) or can I not do that?

[quote name='SephirothWF']I assume you can get a coupon with each game you buy, but I'd love to know this too since I'm using coupons to buy one of them and paying full price for the other. Then with the two $20 coupons I get, I plan on paying off Batman in a few weeks (so it'll be $20) or can I not do that?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. This is my exact plan actually... using one $20 coupon Tuesday to buy NBA 2k12 and Rage, then using both of those on Batman.

You can use more than one gaming coupon in one transaction as long as they're different coupons. For example, my coupons from Rage and NBA 2k12 can both be used for Batman. But if I bought 2 copies of Rage and got 2 coupons from that, those 2 could not be used in the same transaction.

Apologies if this was already answered, but will Kmart stock the PC version of Rage and, if so, does the coupon offer apply?

[quote name='coldstreakd']Yes you can. This is my exact plan actually... using one $20 coupon Tuesday to buy NBA 2k12 and Rage, then using both of those on Batman.

You can use more than one gaming coupon in one transaction as long as they're different coupons. For example, my coupons from Rage and NBA 2k12 can both be used for Batman. But if I bought 2 copies of Rage and got 2 coupons from that, those 2 could not be used in the same transaction.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. I only started going to KMart for my day 1 purchases a month ago. I'll definitely be rocking the coupon deals this whole fall and Christmas.

Does KMart do any special deals for Black Friday/Christmas?

[quote name='SephirothWF']Thanks for the help. I only started going to KMart for my day 1 purchases a month ago. I'll definitely be rocking the coupon deals this whole fall and Christmas.

Does KMart do any special deals for Black Friday/Christmas?[/QUOTE]

Like other retailers, kmart does indeed usually have some great black Friday sales. However, whether or not those sales will include unusually good videogame deals, I do not know.
Oh and welcome to the coupon train! I've been on it since March and loving the deals

[quote name='jinxpalm']Well thanks for the reply. The thing is I always have kept the coupons in my wallet and they never faded until this one. I think it must have been something wrong with their printer.

Anyway I emailed Josh, I'm guessing he will help me but if not I'm definitely done with Kmart for good.[/QUOTE]

Done because of your mistake? That makes no sense. Every receipt from any store is exactly the same, that "ink" will fade over time if it is exposed to heat, like in your wallet. Don't blame Kmart for your ignorance.

These deals are definitely the best around if you're looking to buy a few titles coming up. Unfortunately I've been trying to cut down on my spending, which definitely lowers the gaming budget considerably. I have enough of a backlog to last me for awhile though. Keep up the good work Kmart/Josh, hopefully I can get back on the deals at some point.

[quote name='W0lfRHart']i still dont know which one to get Rage or Dark Souls and dont say both[/QUOTE]

Im definitely going to pick up Dark Souls. I have enough FPS games and I can always gamefly Rage. In my opinion, I think that Dark Souls will have a lot more replay value for me.

My problem right now is the closest KMart to me is 30 miles away. My local one got destroyed in the recent flooding here in NY. Thank god my car gets decent gas mileage otherwise even with the coupons it wouldn't be worth it.

Still waiting to find out if it's ever going to re-open. :( :( :(

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hey could i buy that head set and return it while i keep the gow origins collection ?[/QUOTE]

Sure, if you want $40 subtracted off of your return total. Same way they work their coupons.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']Sure, if you want $40 subtracted off of your return total. Same way they work their coupons.[/QUOTE]

Do they actually do that? That's good to hear. I always wondered how they prevent return scammers from just buying the game, getting the $20 coupon, then returning the game after they used the coupon.

If this is true, good job Kmart, haha :applause:

[quote name='DDustiNN']Do they actually do that? That's good to hear. I always wondered how they prevent return scammers from just buying the game, getting the $20 coupon, then returning the game after they used the coupon.

If this is true, good job Kmart, haha :applause:[/QUOTE]

Eventhough i would have probibly tried it If that wasnt the case i agree that they are doing a good job with that

[quote name='DDustiNN']Do they actually do that? That's good to hear. I always wondered how they prevent return scammers from just buying the game, getting the $20 coupon, then returning the game after they used the coupon.

If this is true, good job Kmart, haha :applause:[/QUOTE]

Yeah its been said in the past on here. When returning the game you need to return the coupon with it, if not they will subtract the difference from the return total. fuck scammers!

So if I buy Rage and Dark Souls and add on a 1600 points card, and then use a $15 coupon from Ico, would I get the $15 in reward points? I think I would since that would be a total over $135 but not sure if using the coupon would screw it up.Thanks

[quote name='jinxpalm']Well thanks for the reply. The thing is I always have kept the coupons in my wallet and they never faded until this one. I think it must have been something wrong with their printer.

Anyway I emailed Josh, I'm guessing he will help me but if not I'm definitely done with Kmart for good.[/QUOTE]

There is an option to have your receipts emailed to you as digital copies. This includes a copy of the coupon. It's still a one time use, but it's a nice backup in case the coupon fades or gets lost.

Quick question for anyone here who can help. I've been off this train for a while and I wanted to check on a situation that I may find myself in.

I wanted to buy WWE 12 for my nephew for christmas and then use the credit, whatever that may be on something else, but what if me nephew wants to returns the game? will it just deduct the coupon amount from the game if it is returned?

e.g. If it is a $20 coupon, the game will only return for $40.

Also will the first shipment of copies of WWE 12 contain the Rock DLC code that everyone else is offering if you pre-order the title?

Thanks for your help!

Does anybody know if the bonus SYWR point (for $45+) promotion has to be in one transaction or can be cumulative over the week-long period? So, can I make several separate $45+ purchases and get the bonus points for each one or should I wait and combine them together? I can't really tell from the wording in the flyer.

[quote name='splintercell']Does anybody know if the bonus SYWR point (for $45+) promotion has to be in one transaction or can be cumulative over the week-long period? So, can I make several separate $45+ purchases and get the bonus points for each one or should I wait and combine them together? I can't really tell from the wording in the flyer.[/QUOTE]

Fine print at the bottom:

"Includes regular, sale and/or clearance-priced items. Purchase requirement calculated before taxes and after other discounts have been applied and must be made in a single transaction."

Looks like it has to be a single transaction.

[quote name='etriganthedemon']Quick question for anyone here who can help. I've been off this train for a while and I wanted to check on a situation that I may find myself in.

I wanted to buy WWE 12 for my nephew for christmas and then use the credit, whatever that may be on something else, but what if me nephew wants to returns the game? will it just deduct the coupon amount from the game if it is returned?

e.g. If it is a $20 coupon, the game will only return for $40.

Thanks for your help![/QUOTE]

That's exactly right.

[quote name='spree4567']So if I buy Rage and Dark Souls and add on a 1600 points card, and then use a $15 coupon from Ico, would I get the $15 in reward points? I think I would since that would be a total over $135 but not sure if using the coupon would screw it up.Thanks[/QUOTE]

The fine print says that it looks at the total after all discounts have been applied, though in the past people have reported these promotions as working even when coupons put the total below that. My guess is that coupons are (or have been) treated as a form of payment in the system rather than as a discount.

In short, fine print says no, but past experience says yes.

[quote name='sampyle']Fine print at the bottom:

"Includes regular, sale and/or clearance-priced items. Purchase requirement calculated before taxes and after other discounts have been applied and must be made in a single transaction."

Looks like it has to be a single transaction.[/QUOTE]

That part about a single transaction means that you won't earn it by making two $25 purchases that separately total >$45. Making two individual $45+ purchases should each earn you a 5000 point credit.

The real question is whether the 15000 cap is on a single transaction or whether four $45+ purchases will only trigger it the promised three times. It's clear that a $200 will only net 15000, but it's not clear if that means the next purchase will not trigger it. Also, even if it's intended to stop at three, these things have a habit of going through incorrectly as people discover...

That part about a single transaction means that you won't earn it by making two $25 purchases that separately total >$45. Making two individual $45+ purchases should each earn you a 5000 point credit.

The real question is whether the 15000 cap is on a single transaction or whether four $45+ purchases will only trigger it the promised three times. It's clear that a $200 will only net 15000, but it's not clear if that means the next purchase will not trigger it. Also, even if it's intended to stop at three, these things have a habit of going through incorrectly as people discover...[/QUOTE]

Ah. You are right. I didn't read the question carefully enough. Thanks for chiming in. I'd guess your account can only earn 1,500 over the whole period. But even if that is the case, I suppose you could always start secondary account.

[quote name='DPsycho']That part about a single transaction means that you won't earn it by making two $25 purchases that separately total >$45. Making two individual $45+ purchases should each earn you a 5000 point credit.

The real question is whether the 15000 cap is on a single transaction or whether four $45+ purchases will only trigger it the promised three times. It's clear that a $200 will only net 15000, but it's not clear if that means the next purchase will not trigger it. Also, even if it's intended to stop at three, these things have a habit of going through incorrectly as people discover...[/QUOTE]

Ah. You are right. I didn't read the question carefully enough. Thanks for chiming in. I'd guess your account can only earn 1,500 over the whole period. But even if that is the case, I suppose you could always start secondary account.

Man im thinking of getting NBA 2k12 from kmart, and the 20 dollar credit. Amazon is dropping the ball with their credit. Hopefully Kmart will give 20 dollar credit for batman:AC too, that will once again make me go with kmart over amazon. Then i can use that on Skyrim i think.....not sure if the coupon would last that long? Hopefully Skyrim will give me another 20 credit. These amazon 10 dollar credits dont really entice me to buy it from there.

Im still hoping to see Saints row 3 + 20 coupon + Saints Row double pack. Though im not sure if most kmarts stock the double pack or not.

And last but not least, i want Assassins Creed Revelations, hopefully a 20 coupon + previous AC game?

Just throwing out suggestions. Im not sure if i want NBA 2k12 yet, but if i do get it, it will be from kmart. Though if i knew batman would score me another 20 credit it would make buying nba 2k12 easier for me. I have 40 dollars amazon credit to use, but if kmart is going to hook me up with credit after credit after credit i can chain together i will go with them. Its just too bad we dont know in advance what games are going to offer.

In a perfect world i would buy NBA 2k12 + 20 credit, use it on Batman AC + 20 credit, use that on Skyrim + 20 credit, use that on Saints Row 3 + 20 credit + Saints Row Double pack. Then use the remaining 20 on something later like AC Revelations or a couple 1600 point cards.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Man im thinking of getting NBA 2k12 from kmart, and the 20 dollar credit. Amazon is dropping the ball with their credit. Hopefully Kmart will give 20 dollar credit for batman:AC too, that will once again make me go with kmart over amazon. Then i can use that on Skyrim i think.....not sure if the coupon would last that long? Hopefully Skyrim will give me another 20 credit. These amazon 10 dollar credits dont really entice me to buy it from there.

Im still hoping to see Saints row 3 + 20 coupon + Saints Row double pack. Though im not sure if most kmarts stock the double pack or not.

And last but not least, i want Assassins Creed Revelations, hopefully a 20 coupon + previous AC game?

Just throwing out suggestions. Im not sure if i want NBA 2k12 yet, but if i do get it, it will be from kmart. Though if i knew batman would score me another 20 credit it would make buying nba 2k12 easier for me. I have 40 dollars amazon credit to use, but if kmart is going to hook me up with credit after credit after credit i can chain together i will go with them. Its just too bad we dont know in advance what games are going to offer.

In a perfect world i would buy NBA 2k12 + 20 credit, use it on Batman AC + 2 credit, use that on Skyrim + 20 credit, use that on Saints Row 3 + 20 credit + Saints Row Double pack. Then use the remaining 20 on maybe a 1600 points card.[/QUOTE]

About Batman: While the deal wasn't stated explicitly, someone asked about it on KmartGamer's facebook page. It was said that a tshirt would likely be involved and they were looking to offer more value than the standard $20 gaming coupon. We should find out in a week or so hopefully

[quote name='The 7th Number']Man im thinking of getting NBA 2k12 from kmart, and the 20 dollar credit. Amazon is dropping the ball with their credit. Hopefully Kmart will give 20 dollar credit for batman:AC too, that will once again make me go with kmart over amazon. Then i can use that on Skyrim i think.....not sure if the coupon would last that long? Hopefully Skyrim will give me another 20 credit. These amazon 10 dollar credits dont really entice me to buy it from there.

In a perfect world i would buy NBA 2k12 + 20 credit, use it on Batman AC + 20 credit, use that on Skyrim + 20 credit, use that on Saints Row 3 + 20 credit + Saints Row Double pack. Then use the remaining 20 on something later like AC Revelations or a couple 1600 point cards.[/QUOTE]

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Batman AC will have a $20 coupon with it. Stock Boy has all but confirmed that all AAA titles due out the rest of the year will get a $20 coupon.

However, I wouldn't hold your breath on your wishful thinking for Saints Row or AC. I think store inventory issues are going to steer them away from those type of promotions going forward. Plus, a Saints Row deal like that would be overboard even for Josh.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well thats good news for batman at least. But will the coupon from batman last long enough to use on Skyrim?[/QUOTE]

Yes, coupons last 45 days

[quote name='MSUHitman']Did KMart stock White Knight Chronicles II? If so, wondering if that might be a Black Friday/Christmas season sale option.[/QUOTE]

They didn't (I've never seen it at my store, and they do a good job now displaying new releases) and as a general rule of thumb, K-Mart never stocks games from niche publishers.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well thats good news for batman at least. But will the coupon from batman last long enough to use on Skyrim?[/QUOTE]

Unless Skyrim has been pushed back, my coupon from FIFA last week is going to last long enough to use on skyrim (says valid until november 12 and afaik skyrim is 11/11/11 right?)

[quote name='DerClaw']Unless Skyrim has been pushed back, my coupon from FIFA last week is going to last long enough to use on skyrim (says valid until november 12 and afaik skyrim is 11/11/11 right?)[/QUOTE]

Yep, 11/11/11. And Pete Hines has confirmed on Twitter (@DCDeacon) that Skyrim will not be delayed :)

[quote name='DerClaw']Unless Skyrim has been pushed back, my coupon from FIFA last week is going to last long enough to use on skyrim (says valid until november 12 and afaik skyrim is 11/11/11 right?)[/QUOTE]

So as long as your store stocks games on time, you should be good :applause:

Will Kmart have the MW3 hardened edition? If so i will pick up dark souls since there offering the 20 dollar coupon.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']So as long as your store stocks games on time, you should be good :applause:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hate to say it but Sunday Tuesday releases have proven problematic enough so I can only imagine the problems that a Friday release will create. Here's hoping to some big and bold font in that week's ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='uscommander']Will Kmart have the MW3 hardened edition? If so i will pick up dark souls since there offering the 20 dollar coupon.[/QUOTE]

You can't depend on Kmart to have the hardened edition in stock. You can, however, email stock boy and request it be sent to your store

[quote name='uscommander']Will Kmart have the MW3 hardened edition? If so i will pick up dark souls since there offering the 20 dollar coupon.[/QUOTE]

I think Josh or Stockboy should answer this. It keeps getting asked :D

I'm scared to answer this...I don't want 300 emails for something that is going to sell out in the first 10 minutes of the store's opening and piss a lot of people off.

The simple answer is yes, we will carry a very limited stock of Hardened editions (like 1 for every 2 stores). That being said they will be gone after the first day. If you're dying to get a hardened edition and will be heart-broken if you don't get it, I'd recommend pre-ordering it from somewhere else.

Hope that kind of helps...and in general this is my recommendation for any collector's edition. The only collector's editions Kmart will carry for the rest of the year are Forza 4 and Call of Duty (okay, maybe Star Wars Old Republic PC too).

Is the Kmart's return policy for unopened games 30 days or 90 days? Some workers there say 30 days but the receipt only states 30 days apply to select products which doesn't explicitly mention video games.

Kinda bummed that Kmart is gonna pretty much stop carrying a lot of Special Editions since I pretty much only buy a Limited Edition if it's available. I'm a whore for trinkets and useless crap and big boxes. I can't explain it.
That said, I guess I'm stuck dealing with Amazon for Batman/Lord of the Rings/Saints Row/Metal Gear HD

Hey Stock Boy, ya think you'll have Mass Effect 3 Limited Edition in March? That's a fairly large title. Seems like those would move pretty easily if Kmart carried them.

So should all K-Marts get Dark Souls in tomorrow then? (AMazon still hasn't shipped my RDD CE, so going to give up on it and get it at K-Mart)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']So should all K-Marts get Dark Souls in tomorrow then? (AMazon still hasn't shipped my RDD CE, so going to give up on it and get it at K-Mart)[/QUOTE]

Believe me you have nothing to worry about I bet your Dark Souls CE is already on the way to you (Amazon is very slow sending out shipping notices for RDD), anyhow Kmart will only have standard edition. I usually get Shipping notice from Amazon on RDD games (10-11pm EST, and tracking shows they sent my game out around 2-3pm earlier that day) Give it time, Im sure Amazon will come through for you.

[quote name='Poor2More']Believe me you have nothing to worry about I bet your Dark Souls CE is already on the way to you (Amazon is very slow sending out shipping notices for RDD), anyhow Kmart will only have standard edition. I usually get Shipping notice from Amazon on RDD games (10-11pm EST, and tracking shows they sent my game out around 2-3pm earlier that day) Give it time, Im sure Amazon will come through for you.[/QUOTE]

It is mainly the fact I haven't been charged yet the worries me. I could actually cancel my order per my Open Order page.

When will Kmart be stocking Just Dance 3? I know the official release date is Friday October 7th.

I see it listed with the games that release on Tuesday 10/11. Is it safe to assume Kmart won't have it BEFORE that date?

Also is their going to be any type of promotion on it?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back