KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EducAsian']This Batman deal is sweet! I can't wait to stroll into K-Mart and get Batman for FREE with my Rage, Dark Souls, and NBA 2K12 coupons. And yes, this does work. I remember going to my K-Mart and using coupons that added up to $60 and picked up LA Noire with it....the electronics guy had to give me back a penny, LOL. Also got the $20 coupon that came with LA Noire as well, I believe.

I also have the ICO/SOTC $15 coupon along with $15 bonus reward points from Rage, Dark Souls and NBA 2K12. Along with the $30 coupon from Batman, I can essentially get Battlefield 3 for free as well.

Battlefield 3 + BAC for FREE? GOD I LOVE K-MART!!!!

Not to mention there will most likely be another sweet coupon deal for Battlefield 3 as well!!![/QUOTE]

Ummm... I'm not sure what that idiot employee did, but take comfort in knowing that you are the only person in the known universe that's ever been able to use $60 in coupons on a $59.99 game. I wouldn't hold my breath expecting it to happen again.

Well I picked up Rage today after a couple of my friends told me how great it is and I have to say I am glad I listened to them. I am having a lot of fun with it. I got my 20 dollar coupon and also the 5000 bonus SYWR points too.

Now to save up all my gaming coupons because in november after i purchase all my games I will have enough to get a Nintendo 3DS for free.

Just curious, are these deals available to new SYWR members? I signed up for SYWR on the 4th and went in my local store and grabbed Dark Souls the same day and did not get a $20 gaming coupon(or the SYWR points) and the lady who was taking care of me didn't seem to know wth I was talking about.

I did e-mail Josh about this issue just waiting to hear back from him but, has any other new SYWR members had any issues in receiving their gaming coupons?

[quote name='Hop25']Just curious, are these deals available to new SYWR members? I signed up for SYWR on the 4th and went in my local store and grabbed Dark Souls the same day and did not get a $20 gaming coupon(or the SYWR points) and the lady who was taking care of me didn't seem to know wth I was talking about.

I did e-mail Josh about this issue just waiting to hear back from him but, has any other new SYWR members had any issues in receiving their gaming coupons?[/QUOTE]

You still should have gotten it. Don't worry, Josh will take care of you

[quote name='nnthomas']Each "deal" is its own unique coupon / deal ID (look on your coupon and youll see OFFER ID #XXX). The NBA and Rage coupons are different.

I believe the offer is 2 coupons from that specific deal/offer. So yes, 2 Xbox and 2 PS3 would still merit only 2 Coupons.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chriscolbert']Even though it's the same week and same amount, the coupons that print for different games do have different barcodes, so you will be fine.

My understanding was that the limit was based on SKU/UPC, so buying 2 of each for each platform USING SEPARATE TRANSACTIONS should yield you 4 coupons.

EDIT: Okay so disregard the last comment. It would seem as though I am wrong on that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sageridder']They would be different offers so yes different barcodes regardless of when released. Coupons with different barcodes can be used together.(some non gaming specific coupons can not and will say so on them) It is per account so platform shouldn't matter ie 2 total and even though different plat still same offer so to get 2 coupons separate transactions required.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, guys that sounds right based on the OP. Just wanted to confirm. Sorry to be that guy but at least I read it ;)

Btw, CE's probably count as part of the 2 limit deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize for not reading the entire thread but is this 30 dollar coupon confirmed? I need confirmation to get a friend to switch stores.lol

would the BAC promotion work like the Deus Ex promotion where there's a value for the shirt but if i get it along with the game, it'd be discounted? i'd hope it works out like the Deus Ex promotion where my kmart knew about it and just handed me one but it is a shirt so theyd have to know my size lol

[quote name='chriscolbert']Ummm... I'm not sure what that idiot employee did, but take comfort in knowing that you are the only person in the known universe that's ever been able to use $60 in coupons on a $59.99 game. I wouldn't hold my breath expecting it to happen again.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what he did exactly, but he even called over the manager and she confirmed that what he did was correct. So either it's YMMV, or my K-Mart is the real deal, lol. Either way, it won't hurt for me to try again. People just don't try because they get scared. There is nothing to get scared about. Worst case scenario, I will use $55 worth of coupons on BAC and I still have a $20 coupon along with the $30 coupon from BAC and $15 worth of bonus credits on my rewards card to use on Battlefield 3. Best case scenario, I get to use $60 worth of coupons on BAC and walk away with the game and an extra penny in my pocket, lol.

Either way, I'm walking away with two free games in BAC and Battlefield 3. SCORE!

Picked up Dark Souls today (paid about $48 after coupon) but didn't get the 5,000 Bonus Points. Employee said it takes about 7 days to show up in my account. Anybody know if this is correct??

Holy crap that Arkham City deal is sick. 30 dollar coupon and a free T-shirt? I love it when Kmart comes out of left field every so often. Really, really hoping for a solid deal on the 3DS and 360 version of Sonic Generations.

[quote name='dchrisd']Picked up Dark Souls today (paid about $48 after coupon) but didn't get the 5,000 Bonus Points. Employee said it takes about 7 days to show up in my account. Anybody know if this is correct??[/QUOTE]

Is your store on the list of participating stores that can be found in the OP?

Everyone else has been getting them right away so that's the first thing that came to mind.

[quote name='Pinnacle']I apologize for not reading the entire thread but is this 30 dollar coupon confirmed? I need confirmation to get a friend to switch stores.lol[/QUOTE]

yea. josh is the one who updated the post. 100% confirmed

[quote name='209chromatic']I just signed up for SYWR online, are we suppose to get SYWR card in the mail? How long does it take?[/QUOTE]

a few weeks but some ppl reported never gettin it, i got mine 3-4 weeks later. in the meantime i use the temp card i printed/my phone number

[quote name='EducAsian']I don't know what he did exactly, but he even called over the manager and she confirmed that what he did was correct. So either it's YMMV, or my K-Mart is the real deal, lol. Either way, it won't hurt for me to try again. People just don't try because they get scared. There is nothing to get scared about. Worst case scenario, I will use $55 worth of coupons on BAC and I still have a $20 coupon along with the $30 coupon from BAC and $15 worth of bonus credits on my rewards card to use on Battlefield 3. Best case scenario, I get to use $60 worth of coupons on BAC and walk away with the game and an extra penny in my pocket, lol.

Either way, I'm walking away with two free games in BAC and Battlefield 3. SCORE![/QUOTE]

technically shouldn't have gotten it cuz the requirements to use 60 in coupons is 60+ pre-tax

[quote name='dchrisd']Picked up Dark Souls today (paid about $48 after coupon) but didn't get the 5,000 Bonus Points. Employee said it takes about 7 days to show up in my account. Anybody know if this is correct??[/QUOTE]

like chriscolbert said. ur store may not be on the list. if it didnt show up on the receipt and ur store is on the list. u should get it. u can email sywr to inquire

Oh man, this going to be crazy. $30 coupons, punches to the face and severed employee fingers confirmed. :whee:

Mischief.
Mayhem.
Kmart.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Confirmed and I'll have prepared a personalized jingle as well.[/QUOTE]
I like myself a fine electronica track, so I expect only the best of beatboxing from you. If it's not better than the singing telegram from Amazon, then no deal. :bomb:

Thanks for the responses about the bonus points. My store is on the list and I didn't get the points. Weird. I'll check into it.

[quote name='209chromatic']I just signed up for SYWR online, are we suppose to get SYWR card in the mail? How long does it take?[/QUOTE]

I signed up online a few weeks ago. The same day, I went to the store to buy FIFA12. The sales associate asked me for my card and I gave him my phone number and he found me in the system with no problems. Not only did the $20 coupon print out but I also had an email with the copy of the receipt and coupon in my mailbox when I got home.

Impressed with how things turned out so smoothly. :applause:

I truly have to commend Kmart for stepping into the big leagues. It's getting to the point where I'm not going to be able to ignore them for much longer, as much as I love Amazon and not paying tax. $30 credit for Batman is insane and I'd go for it if I didn't have a ton of Amazon credit already. That said, I'm gonna have to sign up for this program for any future purchases.

[quote name='dchrisd']Thanks for the responses about the bonus points. My store is on the list and I didn't get the points. Weird. I'll check into it.[/QUOTE]
How much did your coupon take off?

[quote name='dchrisd']Thanks for the responses about the bonus points. My store is on the list and I didn't get the points. Weird. I'll check into it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sadboy']How much did your coupon take off?[/QUOTE]
This... what was the cost before tax?
If it was a $15 coupon you were a penny short of getting the points.

I highly doubt anyone that signs up online will get a physical card anymore.
They're really wanting all new signups to be cardless when they signup in store, so I don't see why it would be different for people who sign up online.

You can print a card from the website though.
I've also seen someone use an iphone (maybe it's on android too) app that apparently held all her membership "cards", just had to scan the barcode on her phone. Pretty cool actually.

What reason do they have to push for cardless signups? It's like that whole digital vs physical media debacle in the Dark Souls CE thread. Just kidding.

[quote name='ShockandAww']This. Back in 2009 TrU had a $30 coupon for Arkham Asylum on release and I'll always remember it as one of the best straight up deals I've ever seen just because of the GC amount + the quality of the game.[/QUOTE]

I remember how awesome that deal was. $30 gc for a launch day game was unreal.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It was the inspiration for the deal, I remember that as well and I wanted to take the title.[/QUOTE]

Great deal and thanks for putting it together, although the tee is going straight to my pile of freebie VG tees; Shenmue is the only one i remember but there are others in there.

Shame you couldn't work out a deal with the Cape & Cowl makers of America;)

My jaw just hit the floor when I see the 30 dollar coupon reward for batman. I am also one of the few who are lucky enough to get into the 59.99 AC collector edition, but this deal is so tempting, specially I plan to pick up the 39.99 sonic generation too.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Is your store on the list of participating stores that can be found in the OP?

Everyone else has been getting them right away so that's the first thing that came to mind.[/QUOTE]

Also

Was the amount > 45 before taxes
did u opt to receive promotional emails

It will show up immediately. I also missed 10k bonus & already called sywr. I guess have to call them a few more times :(

[quote name='ShockandAww']Jesus, that's pathetic. Not in that making minimum wage is pathetic...I mean that it's pathetic that the amount per hour is apparently set so low. Nobody can be expected to live off of that and they know it. Min wage should be enough to get by with.[/QUOTE]

The higher the minimum wage is, the more people that go unemployed. think about it.

The bonus points are an instant thing, so instant that I had the email confirming as I was walking to my car in the kmart parking lot LOL, awesome deals again by the way just bought nba 2k12 on a whim to get the coupon train started again, and just seen the AC deal and imeadiately cancelled all newegg preorders and will keep the train a rolling again this fall

re: Bonus Points. I mistakenly included tax in my total. Without Tax: Dark Souls ($59.99) - $15 coupon = $44.99; One penny short. Damn. Going to try to do a return-rebuy and throw an extra item in there. Hopefully it won't be a problem.

Picked up rage today, starting the coupon train once again. Got the 20$ receipt as well as the 5000 bonus points to account no problem.

Also, that Batman deal > all, sold my newegg preorder (47$ promo code one) to a friend. 30$ off skyrim, sure

Outstanding deal on Batman. I got a $5 off birthday code as well as a $20 coupon to use on it too. Just hope the stores have the t-shirt...I always miss out on the bonus swag. Didn't get the pic for Human Revolution (yet now they have a bunch sitting in the PS3 section), or the Dead Rising shirt or the LP2 plushie. Here is hoping lol!

Wow outstanding deal with Batman, even without the shirt. Might just have me purchase it on release week instead of waiting for a price drop :). I have never taken advantage of KMART bonus coupons before but now that Amazon is lacking I will be.

in for one. wasn't even planning on grabbing this on release day, but I've never seen 30 bucks of credit on a non-collectors edition game before. sheer lunacy i tell you. these kmart guys are craaaazy.

[quote name='EducAsian']First off, pre-ordering from Gamestop or any other store is generally dumb. Most stores will have plenty of copies and the whole BS from Gamestop about them "not having enough copies unless you pre-order" is just plain stupid. Ummm, they aren't the only store in the world that sells video games. Also, most of the "pre-order bonuses" aren't even worth anything and can be downloaded via DLC a few months later.

Now back to your question about not picking up pre-orders at Gamestop....why don't you just cancel your pre-orders so you don't have to worry about picking it up? Just cancel all your pre-orders and get your money back. (Assuming you haven't paid off any of the games yet). Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

Dead Island says hello. There's still stores around here sold out of it on 360.

Not sure if Josh or Stockboy mentioned the availability of Forza 4 Limited editions....very rare or a couple per store on average...thanks

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Quick question that I am hoping someone can answer.

I purchased Dark Souls a few days ago from Kmart. I used a $20 gaming coupon on the game so I got it for $40+tax, and got another $20 gaming coupon. I was lucky enough to score the collector's edition of Dark Souls today, so I would like to take my Kmart copy back. What will end up happening with the coupon?

Will the new coupon remain active and I will get my $40+tax back, or will my old coupon become active again? Or would both coupons be void at that point? Just trying to see what my best course of action would be.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide![/QUOTE]

bump. Anyone? I am sure someone here has had a similar situation at some point...

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']bump. Anyone? I am sure someone here has had a similar situation at some point...[/QUOTE]

Even though some people in here equate a coupon to a gift card, they are two totally different things as the coupon itself carries no tangible value whatsoever. By definition, you are really screwed in this situation because you would only get back your out-of-pocket expense. As far as the new coupon, you should take that with you because there seems to be a little bit of inconsistency to how they handle this from store to store. They may confiscate the coupon and give you your $40+tax but they could subtract the value and let you keep the coupon, thus giving you only $20 back. I'm pretty sure the first scenario is what usually happens but there are never any guarantees.

Either way, your best bet would be to try to sell it yourself to someone for $50-$55. Depending on how many gaming friends you have that may be realistic or damn near impossible though.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']bump. Anyone? I am sure someone here has had a similar situation at some point...[/QUOTE]
Yeah you may be hosed officially. Normally I think you cant get anything back for a used coupon and if you return it the DS coupon also gets voided.

What I would do is sell the CE. Or keep it sealed for awhile and just keep both.

If you're determined to return it you could always talk to CS and ask that they refund you $40 and let you keep the DS coupon or let you exchange it for another game. Basically anything that is not going to screw you over completely. I'm sure it's a big YMMV situation on any of that.

By returning it, I don't see it going any way other than you losing out on both coupons. The new one will go inactive (you'll either have to surrender it or have its value deducted from your return) and you won't receive anything for the coupon you'd spent, either.

I could be mistaken, or you might luck out and have someone override to handle you differently, but I believe your best option is probably to trade or resell the game to recoup more than the $20 you'd gain by returning it.

[quote name='sadboy']What reason do they have to push for cardless signups? It's like that whole digital vs physical media debacle in the Dark Souls CE thread. Just kidding.[/QUOTE]
They're cheap. Printing plastic cards cost more than making people pissed off at not getting a plastic card.

We routinely run out of bags at our store because we can no longer order them ourselves, corporate sends us some when they think we need them. :roll:

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah you may be hosed officially. Normally I think you cant get anything back for a used coupon and if you return it the DS coupon also gets voided.

What I would do is sell the CE. Or keep it sealed for awhile and just keep both.

If you're determined to return it you could always talk to CS and ask that they refund you $40 and let you keep the DS coupon or let you exchange it for another game. Basically anything that is not going to screw you over completely. I'm sure it's a big YMMV situation on any of that.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks. I will probably just get rid of the CE then. I pretty much figured I was screwed, and I don't want to mess up the rest of my coupon train. Thanks again.

Batman deal is great, best around. Now only to hope that there will be enough stock. Been pretty spotty around here lately.

im torn on Batman between this deal and the Walmart....leaning towards Kmarts deal. dealbreaker will be if Kmart will have the MW3 360 bundle. (Want to put my coupons towards that)

Holy hell on the Batman deal... I have no idea what to do about that game now. I was dead set on getting the Collector's Edition, but a $30 coupon for the game is insane.
Now I'm REALLY bummed that Kmart won't have the CE of that game... :(

On a side note, for those wondering about Forza LE numbers, I know my store is one of the stores carrying the LE and they have 3 copies of it. I'd imagine only 2-3 per store and not at every store either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back