KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that the card is only supposed to make 2 coupons print usually (and only 1 for batman), so I'd think that you can't get a 2nd coupon regardless.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Coupons aren't active until the following Sunday, when the deal is over. So no, this is purposefully not possible.[/QUOTE]
Ok that's fine. I can use it for Kirby then. Speaking of Kirby, I really hope there's a coupon for that.

[quote name='thanossurfer']Technically, you could not but another Batman because the $30 coupon will not be good until the following Sunday when the deal will be done...[/QUOTE]

I was just being facetious. You, as the other two CAGs posted prior to me, are right that you of course cannot.

:cold:

[quote name='DerClaw']I thought that the card is only supposed to make 2 coupons print usually (and only 1 for batman), so I'd think that you can't get a 2nd coupon regardless.[/QUOTE]

So is there a limit of only 1 per person for the bac deal :( fuck I was looking to buy 2. Is this confirmed.

[quote name='harish7447']So is there a limit of only 1 per person for the bac deal :( fuck I was looking to buy 2. Is this confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Straight from the horse's mouth in response to this...

[quote name='ShockandAww']Holy shit at that Batman deal. Unreal. The downside is that people will hoard. Hopefully not enough to worry about it.

lol I didnt even see your post. We both said holy shit at the batman deal :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']In the blog and the communication to the field we will be saying limit 1 per customer.[/QUOTE]

That Batman deal is crazy. I wasn't planning on buying it at launch, but I'll get it at Kmart and use the coupon the next week for Battlefield 3.

[quote name='Blackout']That Batman deal is crazy. I wasn't planning on buying it at launch, but I'll get it at Kmart and use the coupon the next week for Battlefield 3.[/QUOTE]

This. I plan to do the exact same thing. As I have said. 3 games guaranteed sales for kmart as soon as I got my hands on the Dark Soul's promotion, which I did.

Great job, Josh. When TRU had their $30 GC promotion on Arkham Asylum, my co-worker and I both drove to TRU on our lunch and each picked up a copy. We will be doing the same this round... at kmart. :)

sorry for the noob question but if I sign up for SYWR online how do I get the deals in-store? Do I wait for a card? Print a member number or something? Thanks!

[quote name='distinct101']sorry for the noob question but if I sign up for SYWR online how do I get the deals in-store? Do I wait for a card? Print a member number or something? Thanks![/QUOTE]

just give them ur phone number or have them scan ur card/put in ur member #

[quote name='gepet0']Awesome In my initial impressions. The overall gameplay is tightened as well as the crowd and the announcing. Way better than the demo IMO. When you play classics you get the same commentary Hersey hawkins ,Shawn Kemp. The 20 dollar kick back was a deal. There are also multiple covers Bird,Jordan and Magic.

I didn't think last year could be topped thet play on slamming the lid on EA live. LOL.[/QUOTE]

I didn't really like 2K10. It was too difficult to get open or get into the lane. It felt like the other team was just a barrier.. and it was i dunno, too realistic? Wasn't really fun. Is 2K12 like that? Where it's so hard to score or get open, and you miss like 80% of shots? :/

[quote name='mjoa123']I didn't really like 2K10. It was too difficult to get open or get into the lane. It felt like the other team was just a barrier.. and it was i dunno, too realistic? Wasn't really fun. Is 2K12 like that? Where it's so hard to score or get open, and you miss like 80% of shots? :/[/QUOTE]

I just started playing this, and between the My Player and Greatest (possibly the most badass feature ever in a sports game) modes, I'm having a blast. So much in fact that I literally have no desire whatsoever to play the Association mode anytime soon.

[quote name='mjoa123']I didn't really like 2K10. It was too difficult to get open or get into the lane. It felt like the other team was just a barrier.. and it was i dunno, too realistic? Wasn't really fun. Is 2K12 like that? Where it's so hard to score or get open, and you miss like 80% of shots? :/[/QUOTE]

nba 2k12 is "Real" basketball. If you try to dribble down the lane and dunk every time ala NBA Live series, you will get rejected and have a tough time. You need to run plays, shoot open jumpers, etc. As operationsports.com says "Dont play videogames, play basketball." :bouncy:

Batman deal is insane! $30 coupon? I was gonna wait til next year when I can nab it for under $30. Following week is BF3 for a for sure buy and use the coupon. KMART is AWESOME!

Originally Posted by newtype06
---------------
I'm just wondering: Do you still get to keep the coupon even if you return the game (sealed with receipt)?

I'm really considering to get Batman as a surprise-gift to my friend with the $30 coupon, but there's a possibility he has it pre-ordered elsewhere.

---------------

[quote name='EducAsian']Why don't you do it and try it out for yourself. It wouldn't hurt. If you experiment with it and get first hand experience, then you know the answer for sure. Don't ever just listen to what someone has to say online. Do your own research as well.[/QUOTE]

Or... you could just be ethical about it.

The coupon I got with Gears 3 expires 11/5 and I plan to use it on Batman AC. But I was wondering if the coupon for Batman AC will also expire 11/5 because I wanted to use it for SR3 or MW3. Does anyone know?

[quote name='Healingduck']The coupon I got with Gears 3 expires 11/5 and I plan to use it on Batman AC. But I was wondering if the coupon for Batman AC will also expire 11/5 because I wanted to use it for SR3 or MW3. Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]
You can use the Batman coupon on either of those. That coupon wont expire until the beginning of December.

Has it been determined when K-Mart is supposed to have new releases in stock? I know it can vary and some of the bigger games may be shipped way in advance, but, for example, should I expect Ace Combat to be there at 8am tomorrow morning?

I've quit the coupon train multiple times, but this Batman deal has me considering jumping back into this abusive relationship again. I've heard there's a customer who often clears out new video game inventory on release date, so my only shot would be to beat that person there (which is probably unlikely). I had been going later in the day in the past thinking I needed to give them time for the games to come in.

My wife washed my pants with my wallet inside obliterating my $20 coupon from GEARS 3. All I have left is a shred of receipt with the numbers under the barcode still legible. Am I SOL or can the coupon be looked up or replaced?

[quote name='MrBoss']Damn. Here is hoping Batman drops to ridiculous prices after release like Dues Ex and others.[/QUOTE]

I really would not count on it. Deus Ex was a decent-selling game, but Batman is a AAA title. It will probably be $40 around black Friday, but I don't think you'll see it a whole lot less than that. A $30 coupon doesn't do it for you? Or maybe you don't have a kmart nearby?

[quote name='grizzlybits']My wife washed my pants with my wallet inside obliterating my $20 coupon from GEARS 3. All I have left is a shred of receipt with the numbers under the barcode still legible. Am I SOL or can the coupon be looked up or replaced?[/QUOTE]
Check the email attached to your SYWR card, you may have a coupon in there along with the duplicate receipt.

[quote name='grizzlybits']My wife washed my pants with my wallet inside obliterating my $20 coupon from GEARS 3. All I have left is a shred of receipt with the numbers under the barcode still legible. Am I SOL or can the coupon be looked up or replaced?[/QUOTE]

This is the reason why every time I buy a game that will spit out a gaming coupon, I choose the "print and email" option so that I have a digital version as a backup.

[quote name='atlantis']Silent Hill DP just got moved to 2012 :([/QUOTE]

I can't say I'm surprised. There's just too much competition and it would have been buried and found for $20 by Christmas. I like Silent Hill, but from some previews I read, it needed more work, so in a way I'm glad it is delayed.

After a lot of thought... I think Kmart's Batman deal is too good to pass up. Gonna try to resell the one I preordered from Walmart, keep the copy of Arkham Asylum it comes with, get in on the Kmart deal and hopefully come out on top. And with a t-shirt, no less.

Now I just have to hope my store gets the shirts...and that they don't have quite the same "punch in the face" properties as the Mortal Kombat ones ;)

Just wanted to post and say thanks to Josh and Mark for taking care of my issue! Quick and excellent service!

Also, can't wait for that BAC deal!

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']After a lot of thought... I think Kmart's Batman deal is too good to pass up. Gonna try to resell the one I preordered from Walmart, keep the copy of Arkham Asylum it comes with, get in on the Kmart deal and hopefully come out on top. And with a t-shirt, no less.

Now I just have to hope my store gets the shirts...and that they don't have quite the same "punch in the face" properties as the Mortal Kombat ones ;)[/QUOTE]
With these shirts, you'll punch other people in the face.

(drives fist into random thug's ribs) "Where is he!!??"

Seriously having to rethink my BB preorder plan now, thanks to the awesome Batman deal. Any idea when we learn the deals for Skyrim Uncharted 3, and WWE '12. Also Maybe I missed the answer but will the Rock DLC be included with WWE '12?

Thanks.

[quote name='sadboy']With these shirts, you'll punch other people in the face.

(drives fist into random thug's ribs) "Where is he!!??"[/QUOTE]

I just hope the t shirts are in store, I have had Zero luck with patches, shirts, posters, etc. :cry: I would dig a batman shirt too. Regardless 30 coupon is awesome. I knew Josh and company would come through on this game and I have been pushing others to go to kmart for it the last month.

I'm sure it's been answered but I didn't see it. If you use a gaming coupon you got last week on one of this week's deals, will the gaming coupon print? Or do you have to pay full price to get the coupon?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
  • Using a coupon on an item with another coupon offer will not stop the new coupon from printing out[/quote]
Yes, hidden there in the FAQ of the 2nd post. How nefarious of Josh.

[quote name='baochan']I'm sure it's been answered but I didn't see it. If you use a gaming coupon you got last week on one of this week's deals, will the gaming coupon print? Or do you have to pay full price to get the coupon?[/QUOTE]
The new gaming coupon will print. It's why it's called the coupon train. Use a coupon on a game and get a coupon for your next game.

[quote name='DerClaw']
[/LIST]
Yes, hidden there in the FAQ of the 2nd post. How nefarious of Josh.[/QUOTE]

Yeah yeah, I'm an idiot. That's what I get for using Ctrl-F instead of just reading. Thanks though.

[quote name='berzirk']Whew-Finally got ready to go buy 2k12 and it took about 20 minutes to find a store that had any in stock. That was close. Fortunately the Albany, OR store will be holding a copy for me to pick up tonight. Surprised it sold out of two other stores. I guess stock must have been pretty limited.[/QUOTE]

....and a fail. The employee apparently decided not to hold a copy for me, which I discovered after driving 20 miles after work. Doh. The employees on that shift were incredibly helpful and searched high and low, but after about 35 minutes...no luck. 40 minute round trip to pick up a held game that wasn't actually held, then 30-minutes in the store waiting while they checked, and I got to drive home gameless. That was a wee bit frustrating.

Emailed Josh and co. to see if they have any remedies they can offer. We shall see!

I have a pretty good feeling my Kmart won't get the shirts, just as they didn't get the Deus Ex pics. Hell I have enough trouble getting games from them. Went in around 5 PM last Tuesday to get Spiderman, Dark Souls, and Rage, they said they haven't had the time to put the games out yet. This happens EVERY Tuesday.
Sucks that I have to deal with that, but the deals are still worth it :)

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']Any word from josh yet about what the Battlefield 3 deal will be? This batman offer has me ready to get on the coupon train again.[/QUOTE]
Nope, not yet, still tweaking.

[quote name='Miro']Question for Josh: Are we going to see any price drops on clearance titles soon? I remember you mentioned it sometime during the summer that our next wave of drops was going to be in October.

Dunno if this has been covered lately because I don't frequent this thread as much as some others do, but apologies if it has. There's also nothing in the OP that seems to answer my question.[/QUOTE]
End of this month a few new drops and the current ones will progress. I'll post the details if everyone approves them internally next week.

Is diggin' the Batman Arkham City deal. From a real estate perspective it was really on an island the third week of October. Once I saw where the bar was set I just really tried to maneuver the chess pieces to do something cool with this one.

Man too many games picking up this holiday season. This week Forza 4 for my brother. Next week Sims 3 Pets, Professor Layton for my wife, and Ratchet for myself. Least i get a break for a couple weeks before Uncharted 3 and all the games in november

Sorry, I know I'm very late to the party, but HOLY CRAP. $30 coupon for Batman? $30?! Are you freakin' serious? How can anyone possibly buy video games anywhere else? I have been absolutely floored by the deals this season and have been telling all of my friends. Keep up the amazing work, man.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Is diggin' the Batman Arkham City deal. From a real estate perspective it was really on an island the third week of October. Once I saw where the bar was set I just really tried to maneuver the chess pieces to do something cool with this one.[/QUOTE]
There was no way anyone could've NOT been amazed and happy with the deal. Wal-mart's offer is nice, but I mean, this is $30!!!!!!! That's half off the next game, which will print another coupon at least $20 most likely, seeing the big releases in the year. I plan on going to K-Mart many many many more times this year.

I'd get in on the Batman deal as I'm sure I could find something to drop the $30 coupon on, but I have a free PC copy coming due to my video card purchase (even though the PC version got delayed :\ ). Considering jumping in with something else, though.

[quote name='SpeedNut']Any way to see LE inventory for Forza 4? I have some ideas where it will be based on the Gears 3 mayhem, but not sure.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you can email stockboy. speaking of which, i prob have to email him myself concerning that.
stockboy said no batman ce correct? (or didnt mention it as one of the few ce's kmart will get?)
and honestly, such a lack of bonuses for BAC means that you could've made it a 20, or a 25 and i still would've called this better than any. after all, i'm interested in BAC because of BAA so walmart's just seems unnecessary

edit: looked at his wording. apparently nothing except for CoD and Forza and maybe swtor

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back