KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LordVila']
The associate did have all the games on the shelf but didn't know about the promotions. When I told him about the Batman promo he said, "I might cancel my Gamestop preorder."[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty sad that K-Mart's own employees are so ignorant of their own deals to the point where they preorder stuff elsewhere.

[quote name='cubeenigma']how long till all new releases get coupons online as well!!,???

thanks! one step in the right direction and most people will love this and buy from kmart again![/QUOTE]
It's kind of a soft launch for Kmart coupons, going to try a few in October/November and iron out any kinks (I'll be buying Ace Combat today myself to ensure the process is good) and then watch out.

How good is the Battlefield 3 deal going to be? I just say that because if we buy it from Kmart we wont be gaining access to the exclusive pre-order DLC. Would really just spend dough at Kmart and wait a few weeks for that DLC to drop instead of pre-ordering at Gamestop.

[quote name='GBAstar']How do these work Josh? are they tied to you e-mail address? Is it a "unique" code that you enter during checkout on your next qualify purchase during the promotion?[/QUOTE]
Instructions should be on the title, I'm working on getting screen prints on everything before I go to market with them.

[quote name='vtalon']Does Forza 4 Limited Edition get the $20.00 coupon?[/QUOTE]
Yes it does.

To Josh. With this whole online coupon system apparently starting up slowly, is there any chance of us using our print out coupons for an online game? I see that Kmart.com offers the Arkham City Limited Edition. Any chance of that game online having the coupon offer? If so, is there any way to use THAT coupon in a store?
Or will this eventually be an online coupons for online only and print coupons in store only?
If I can cancel my Batman LE from Amazon and get it from you instead online, you know I will do it.

[quote name='Buzzman']How good is the Battlefield 3 deal going to be? I just say that because if we buy it from Kmart we wont be gaining access to the exclusive pre-order DLC. Would really just spend dough at Kmart and wait a few weeks for that DLC to drop instead of pre-ordering at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
The Gamestop DLC looks to be early unlocks and not true exclusives. EA likes to do the early unlocks as "DLC" bonuses. The shotgun was usable in the Beta but the Type 88 LMG was not, which probably wasn't added until after the Beta build was done. It's the only iffy piece.

so i live across the street from a kmart and feel like ive been missing out on these coupon deals. but the 30 dollar +shirt coupon for batman seems too good to ignore now. So pretty much i just go to kmart, sign up for their rewards program, on release day buy batman and I will get a coupon on my receipt for 30 bucks? or are they giving rewards points?

bought Forza 4 today. They did not have the LE so went with the regular.

Everything worked out but I did try to print my digital receipt from a previous purchase. Unfortunately my printer made the receipt all jibberish. I then got creative and copied into Microsoft Word (did have to reformat it to make it look like a receipt). The sales rep didn't want to waste his time and all most did not want to try to ring it up.

It worked out and of course I have another $20 coupon. I kind of wish I would have preordered the LE though. Oh well!!

[quote name='jcwkings']so i live across the street from a kmart and feel like ive been missing out on these coupon deals. but the 30 dollar +shirt coupon for batman seems too good to ignore now. So pretty much i just go to kmart, sign up for their rewards program, on release day buy batman and I will get a coupon on my receipt for 30 bucks? or are they giving rewards points?[/QUOTE]

It's a coupon that prints on your receipt.

Tampa store has a good amount of Dead Rising: Off the Record and Forza 4... didn't look for the LE, not my thing.

Here is a nice tip for anyone who has yet to get their membership card and can't, for some reason, print off a temporary one from the SYWR site.

I was able to bring up the site on my iPhone, with the personal ID number, and show that to the employee who let me use my $15 in points off Forza 4

That bonus points offer from last week worked out nicely -- $25 for Forza 4 after SYWR points and $20 coupon. Can't beat that.

What's even greater is that after coupons, I'm spending $25 on Arkham City and getting a $30 coupon next week. Can't beat that at all.

Ugh... online coupons now too? Stop it Josh... just stop it... my marriage is suffering under the weight of all these AAA "impulse buys" you've forced on me. FORCED on me I say!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It will be included in a portion of launch shipments. Every store will receive a limited amount.[/QUOTE]
So the Battlefield LE is actually a limited edition and not all the first prints? Interesting.

Is it official that you get a $30 gaming voucher for Batman AC? If so, i will still get it if i use a previously earned $20 gaming voucher to partially pay for it. At this rate i feel i will be buying games from kmart for a long time to cone with all these games getting gaming vouchers

[quote name='ULOOKUPTOME']Is it official that you get a $30 gaming voucher for Batman AC? If so, i will still get it if i use a previously earned $20 gaming voucher to partially pay for it. At this rate i feel i will be buying games from kmart for a long time to cone with all these games getting gaming vouchers[/QUOTE]

Yes, $30 gaming coupon with Batman, and yes you can still use your old coupon on it (as long as it hasn't yet expired)

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Yes it does.

To Josh. With this whole online coupon system apparently starting up slowly, is there any chance of us using our print out coupons for an online game? I see that Kmart.com offers the Arkham City Limited Edition. Any chance of that game online having the coupon offer? If so, is there any way to use THAT coupon in a store?
Or will this eventually be an online coupons for online only and print coupons in store only?
If I can cancel my Batman LE from Amazon and get it from you instead online, you know I will do it.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah man me too! Couldn't have put that all any better.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Damn, that batman deal is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad I have no idea where the nearest K-mart is. I hate moving...[/QUOTE]

have you tried using the store locator on their website?

Once again, Josh, the K-Mart in Latham, NY was an exercise in incompetence. Showed up at 5:20 for the PS3 version of Dead Rising 2: Off The Record. Not a single one of today's new releases was on the shelf. I went to the cashier and she recognized me from when I came in looking for Dead Island 2 a couple weeks ago and also went away empty handed. I told her I was looking for a game and that it wasn't on the shelf. She started flipping through the ad to see what it looked like. Turned out it was a copy of last week's ad. She found this week's copy, saw what it looked like and went to find it in back. She came back a while later and said there were no copies in back and that the manager said "maybe they were put out earlier and have all sold out." Then told me if I wanted to talk to the electronic department's manager, I could call the following day.

I went to the front desk and told them I was trying to find a game that just came out that day and that it wasn't in back. That there were no new releases at all in back and that it's like this every freakin' Tuesday I come in. She called the manager who said she'd look in the "cage" in back. After a while, she calls back to see how the manager made out. The manager told her she couldn't find any and that they probably sold out and maybe I should try back the following day incase they find them tomorrow. The woman at the front desk said she'd call the next closest one (which is a 20 minute drive away in the opposite direction.)

I mean, every freakin' time I go into the Latham store starting all the way back to the Fallout: New Vegas coasters. Nine out of 10 times, they never have anything out and are usually never able to find anything. Are they trying to be that incompetent or does it just come naturally?

Found one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Kain']Once again, Josh, the K-Mart in Latham, NY was an exercise in incompetence. Showed up at 5:20 for the PS3 version of Dead Rising 2: Off The Record. Not a single one of today's new releases was on the shelf. I went to the cashier and she recognized me from when I came in looking for Dead Island 2 a couple weeks ago and also went away empty handed. I told her I was looking for a game and that it wasn't on the shelf. She started flipping through the ad to see what it looked like. Turned out it was a copy of last week's ad. She found this week's copy, saw what it looked like and went to find it in back. She came back a while later and said there were no copies in back and that the manager said "maybe they were put out earlier and have all sold out." Then told me if I wanted to talk to the electronic department's manager, I could call the following day.

I went to the front desk and told them I was trying to find a game that just came out that day and that it wasn't in back. That there were no new releases at all in back and that it's like this every freakin' Tuesday I come in. She called the manager who said she'd look in the "cage" in back. After a while, she calls back to see how the manager made out. The manager told her she couldn't find any and that they probably sold out and maybe I should try back the following day incase they find them tomorrow. The woman at the front desk said she'd call the next closest one (which is a 20 minute drive away in the opposite direction.)

I mean, every freakin' time I go into the Latham store starting all the way back to the Fallout: New Vegas coasters. Nine out of 10 times, they never have anything out and are usually never able to find anything. Are they trying to be that incompetent or does it just come naturally?[/QUOTE]

Kmart is just that bad. Nothing against josh, we know he does all he can to make sure everything is there and available to bring customers back to Kmart (like the early 90s), but the employees there are just clueless, even the management team.

I know Kmart is often located in lower income area, but come on, at lease make sure your employee and especially the mgmt team are confident and knowledge and have the skills set necessary to maintain and operate a profitable business.

[quote name='Daring']Kmart is just that bad. Nothing against josh, we know he does all he can to make sure everything is there and available to bring customers back to Kmart (like the early 90s), but the employees there are just clueless, even the management team.
[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. I love what Josh is trying to do, and Lord knows he keeps luring me back, but more than half of my experiences there have had problems. Took me nearly 20 minutes to pick up Dead Rising today, and at that the coupon still didn't print out.

offtopic:

question about RDR: Game of the year edition. are all dlc included on the disc or you have to download it?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Daring']Kmart is just that bad. Nothing against josh, we know he does all he can to make sure everything is there and available to bring customers back to Kmart (like the early 90s), but the employees there are just clueless, even the management team.

I know Kmart is often located in lower income area, but come on, at lease make sure your employee and especially the mgmt team are confident and knowledge and have the skills set necessary to maintain and operate a profitable business.[/QUOTE]

not every k-mart though :bouncy:

Its been a while since i shopped K. That Batman deal is irresistible. Free Tshirt and i get BF3 for $30 (Possibly $20 with my SYWR credit). Its a no brainer.

Edit in*** Wait! Can i use SYWR credit with coupons?

[quote name='sgr76']Its been a while since i shopped K. That Batman deal is irresistible. Free Tshirt and i get BF3 for $30 (Possibly $20 with my SYWR credit). Its a no brainer.

Edit in*** Wait! Can i use SYWR credit with coupons?[/QUOTE]

Yep you can

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's kind of a soft launch for Kmart coupons, going to try a few in October/November and iron out any kinks (I'll be buying Ace Combat today myself to ensure the process is good) and then watch out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your great works. :applause: I saw this week's new games all contain the coupon offers at their pages. I would like to know if we can use our store coupons for online purchase yet. It also will be nice if the online gaming coupon can be printed out for future store purchase.

I hope the new online coupon system can be applied to pre-orders soon, and there will be a store pickup option for all new games.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']the batman deal caught my attention

so you dont have to pre-order it to get the deal?[/QUOTE]

K-Mart doesn't do pre-ordering of any kind so all you gotta do is show up anytime during the window that the coupon is available, have the game be in stock, and purchase said game with your shop your way rewards info.

[quote name='metrostar']Thanks for your great works. :applause: I saw this week's new games all contain the coupon offers at their pages. I would like to know if we can use our store coupons for online purchase yet. It also will be nice if the online gaming coupon can be printed out for future store purchase.

I hope the new online coupon system can be applied to pre-orders soon, and there will be a store pickup option for all new games.[/QUOTE]
What I would really like to see online coupons. Even if you can't get preorders yet, I would love online coupons. Reason being is that I know K-mart wont be carrying most PC games in store and that is fine, but for a game like Skyrim where I would never ever play it on a console just because of mods, but if I could order it online and get a coupon with it like the console versions, you would make me a very happy person Josh.

Anyway keep up the good work, it's your hard work that makes K-mart a place I want to shop at.

shc gamer, im sorry for bringing this up but i recently lost my father and it was very emotional time for all my family. I used to come on cag now and then but havent in a while. I know you lost your dad this year and i just want to say once again, thanks for all the hard work you continue to do. this batman deal seems fantastic. I will definately be buying it from you. Also, any word on when youll be bringing back the buy $120 get $60 coupons. I always love that deal.

[quote name='209chromatic']No, it prints at home on youre ps3/xbox.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, glad I added a printer to my 360/PS3........

Anyone willing to explain how the kmart gamer works? Is it added to my shopmywayrewards card, printed at the register or what?

No problems picking up my copy of DR2:OtR at the Kmart on Northern in Phoenix, AZ today, just wanted to report. No problem picking up my Dark Souls last week, either.

Josh congrats you've made me completely unexcited for any B2G1 deals other stores may be having.

Only 6 days until the 2011 GOTY is released!! That's right...Ben 10 Galactic Racing is nearly upon us!

I found a copy of Dead Rising, but the person said the SWYR system was down for maintenance... or some BS. I gave her the benefit of a doubt because it was the same person who scanned me for Gears 3. So they have it on hold for me for today so I can go try again after work.

[quote name='Kain']

I mean, every freakin' time I go into the Latham store starting all the way back to the Fallout: New Vegas coasters. Nine out of 10 times, they never have anything out and are usually never able to find anything. Are they trying to be that incompetent or does it just come naturally?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they really just don't get the games in on Tuesdays? That could be it, but I don't know. Every store in NJ is pretty damn good. I never have any problems around here.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Maybe they really just don't get the games in on Tuesdays? That could be it, but I don't know. Every store in NJ is pretty damn good. I never have any problems around here.[/QUOTE]
Highly unlikely.
Most, if not all, retail stores get new releases (except for some rare instances) up to two weeks before street date.

[quote name='nnthomas']I found a copy of Dead Rising, but the person said the SWYR system was down for maintenance... or some BS. I gave her the benefit of a doubt because it was the same person who scanned me for Gears 3. So they have it on hold for me for today so I can go try again after work.[/QUOTE]
This can happen.
Or, possibly more precisely, the store's connection can be wonky.
One day (yes, a whole day) I couldn't get anyone's card to work, it would give a "Service Unavailable" error.

[quote name='mguiddy']This can happen.
Or, possibly more precisely, the store's connection can be wonky.
One day (yes, a whole day) I couldn't get anyone's card to work, it would give a "Service Unavailable" error.[/QUOTE]
Cant they compensate with a gift card instead of a coupon? Just seems like it'd be good CS.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Cant they compensate with a gift card instead of a coupon? Just seems like it'd be good CS.[/QUOTE]
Never had it happen with a purchase that was going to produce a coupon.
But that seems like it would be up to the managers discretion. My store would probably do it, but who knows.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Maybe they really just don't get the games in on Tuesdays? That could be it, but I don't know. Every store in NJ is pretty damn good. I never have any problems around here.[/QUOTE]

Possible, but highly unlikely. There are three other K-Marts in this area. I can't speak for the Rensellear one because I never go out that way, but the other two stores not only always have the new games in on Tuesday, but they've also got them up on the shelf by at least noon. One of the stores even has them on the shelf by 8 in the morning. I've never walked into either of those stores and had to make them search for a game.

Meanwhile, with the Latham one, sometimes they'd go in back and be able to find my game (and instead of taking the whole box of games back to Electronics to put them in the shelf, they'd just bring the game I'm buying) sometimes they won't find it, and one time, the guy insisted up and down they didn't get any games in. So I wrote an eMail to Stockboy to confirm it. I was still there 45 minutes later waiting for a reply, when the guy starts opening the boxes in the crate that was just off to the side of the register. He's like, "Oh, here they are. I guess we do have them. I though the boxes would say 'Playstation' on the side of them."

I could go to the other stores instead of the Latham one, but it's smack dab in the middle of my route home from work off of I-787. Whereas the others would require going either 20-40 minutes out of my way and having to deal with the Northway during rush hour which is usually at a standstill.

If we purchase Battlefield 3 in store, will it include the Back to Karkand DLC or is that only for pre orders(which I know Kmart doesnt do)? Sorry if its already been discussed.

[quote name='brewin']Josh! How the hell did you hit $30 coup on Batman!? AND a t shirt? You must've known the 18th was my birthday! Thanks man.[/QUOTE]

Yes Josh. This is a deal that is irresistable!!!!! Even if someone was on the fence, that deal is too good to pass up! I hope, I pray (just to make it today)-sorry bad ref, that kmart in my area has plenty of copies. I would think with a deal like this a TON of copies would be ordered so stock is plentiful everywhere, and plenty of tshirts? I hate amazon forums because it is the same dumb d*s that flame and bash consoles, but I noticed kmart was mentioned as the best deal for batman. Makes amazons 10 dollar credit look just goofy. You and your crew rock Josh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back