KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
I never understood why someone would want to hit a child until the last few pages of this thread

Do these Kmart Gamer deals work in NYC? I find the NYC Kmarts always claim they don't follow circulars, etc, etc. I don't want to wake up early the 18th to buy Arkham City and get told they don't do Gamer coupons.

[quote name='Infernodash']Do these Kmart Gamer deals work in NYC? I find the NYC Kmarts always claim they don't follow circulars, etc, etc. I don't want to wake up early the 18th to buy Arkham City and get told they don't do Gamer coupons.[/QUOTE]

NY CAGer here and as long as there is a Savings Coupon attached to the game (and also you being a Shop Your Way Rewards member, which is free to sign up) for that week, it'll print out whether it was mentioned on here, the KmartGamer blog or on the circular. Do all of those things mentioned, and you're set for the Batman: Arkham City deal.

Just the sale prices on the circular won't be applied to games in NY K-Marts. That's when you'll need a copy of the circular.

I kind of understand why $60 worth in coupons won't work on a $59.99 game. I mean the store ends up giving you penny instead of making any money. I'd let the store keep the penny if that were the situation, especially if they would let me walk out without paying anything out of pocket.

I can completely understand why you can't use over $60 worth of coupons on a $59.99 since you can't get change for only using coupons. More off-topic
Reminds me of those extreme couponing that I see people do where the store owes the customer money after using a billion coupons. Seems incredibly shady to me to walk into a business and walk out with merchandise that the store paid me to take from them. I know that a manufacturer will reimburse the store, just doesn't seem quite right to me.

Now more on-topic: Come on Josh spill the beans on the Sonic Generation deal! If it is more than just a $20 coupon, I'll cancel my Sonic Generation preorder from Gamestop. (Preordered for the Super Sonic Avatar costume and the Pinball Minigame/theme) $15 or less coupon and I'm staying preordered. A Sonic themed plusie, Sonic themed T-shirt, or a Sonic themed figurine along with a $15 coupon will work for me to go to Kmart instead.

If kmart allows you to use multiple coupons on 1 game, (i thought you couldn't use multiple coupons on one game?) why couldn't you use $60 in coupons to buy a $59.99 game? i wouldn't expect a penny back, but i would expect my game to be free.
Plus , wouldn't the game be taxed anyway? so, you would owe them a few bucks. I use coupons when i go food shopping, lots of times i have $1 off coupon and use it on an item thats on sale for 99 cents. Never had a problem....

So batman doesnt come with a shirt anymore, but a 10 dollar coupon for LOTR game? Not that i really cared about a shirt, but i dont plan on using that 10 dollar coupon for LOTR. I hope that doesnt sound ungrateful, because 30 dollar gaming coupon for Batman is 10 bucks more than i needed, and its a great offer on its own. :D

[quote name='The 7th Number']So batman doesnt come with a shirt anymore, but a 10 dollar coupon for LOTR game? Not that i really cared about a shirt, but i dont plan on using that 10 dollar coupon for LOTR. I hope that doesnt sound ungrateful, because 30 dollar gaming coupon for Batman is 10 bucks more than i needed, and its a great offer on its own. :D[/QUOTE]

That's the same way I feel, man. I would've MUCH rather gotten the shirt because that $10 LOTR coupon is absolutely useless for a majority of people....LOTR games are usually junk and will be in the bargain bins within a few months anyways. Also kinda sucks that Josh can't really do anything about it because of WB, so I guess he couldn't provide a coupon for any other games but WB games. It would have been amazing if he could've pulled off a bonus $10 coupon for Battlefield 3 instead :D

[quote name='lude21']If kmart allows you to use multiple coupons on 1 game, (i thought you couldn't use multiple coupons on one game?) why couldn't you use $60 in coupons to buy a $59.99 game? i wouldn't expect a penny back, but i would expect my game to be free.
Plus , wouldn't the game be taxed anyway? so, you would owe them a few bucks. I use coupons when i go food shopping, lots of times i have $1 off coupon and use it on an item thats on sale for 99 cents. Never had a problem....[/QUOTE]

Exactly. People on here are just scared and think it's "fraud" or whatever to use $60 worth of coupons on a $59.99 game. What a joke. And you actually wouldn't have to pay any taxes because the coupons reduce the price of the game before taxes....so you wouldn't have to pay any taxes because the store would owe you a penny.

I'm using the $10 off coupon for lotr. :)

I have faith in snowblind who developed the champions and dark alliance games.

I have no faith in dice after playing the beta so I'm glad the coupon is for lotr.

Actually, if I understand the basics of sales tax, doesn't sales tax go to your state government? In other words, Kmart doesn't get that money.

I'm for Kmart getting at least a penny and the sales tax going to the state government after using gaming coupons. It would be awesome to walk out without having to pay anything for a game after gaming coupons.

Bummed about not getting a shirt, but I had a feeling it would have been to big for me anyway. I can't say I'll use the LOTR coupon as I have zero interest in that, but oh well. The $30 more than makes up for it.

[quote name='confoosious']Dude. There's a multiquote featured. Learn it.
Also, "jelly?" I didn't realize I stumbled onto a site for teenage girls.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jer7583']I never understood why someone would want to hit a child until the last few pages of this thread[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Hey EducAsian, will you just shut up already?[/QUOTE]
Oh pardon me, I was just testing out that multi-quote feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tsel']Bummed about not getting a shirt, but I had a feeling it would have been to big for me anyway. I can't say I'll use the LOTR coupon as I have zero interest in that, but oh well. The $30 more than makes up for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, kinda bummed that there's no tee, even though I would have just thrown it on a pile free gaming tees that I have.

Why couldn't Warner Bros allow a coupon good towards a Batman figure. That would've been a good alternative.

As it is, I'll do my homework and see if I want to get LOTR, but doubt I will buy it.

Never know what might happen as I wasn't interested in RAGE, but bought it on a impulse and find myself really diggin it. Fat Mamas are vicious:hot: and the double barrel shotgun just feels right at home in the wasteland

Well deal still awesome without the shirt as I was not really expecting on getting a shirt once I get my ass to Kmart lol... but this deal works better for me with a $10 LOTR code. To those who are doubting this LOTR game, its being made by the Snowblind studios so I expect it to be a lot better than recent LOTR games. I dont expect it to be a must have game, but I expect it to be a solid game.. their previous projects (Baldurs Gate: Dark Allaince and Champions of Norath series) on PS2 were all averaging 85% reviews.

[quote name='Supreme0ne']what's the coupon for layton expected to be? $15 probably?[/QUOTE]

At this point it's not looking there is going to be one at all.

And wow...was there a gas leak in this thread last night or something?

[quote name='EducAsian']Well I'm tryin to freshen up this board and bring some young blood, you feel me? I'm a youngin' CAG but I still gotta keep things real.[/QUOTE]
I can't help but read EducAsian's posts and think of Chow from Hangover. Some funny shit.

tumblr_lmkduhSrsA1qlo6e5o1_500.gif

[quote name='Infernodash']Do these Kmart Gamer deals work in NYC? I find the NYC Kmarts always claim they don't follow circulars, etc, etc. I don't want to wake up early the 18th to buy Arkham City and get told they don't do Gamer coupons.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='worrybomb']NY CAGer here and as long as there is a Savings Coupon attached to the game (and also you being a Shop Your Way Rewards member, which is free to sign up) for that week, it'll print out whether it was mentioned on here, the KmartGamer blog or on the circular. Do all of those things mentioned, and you're set for the Batman: Arkham City deal.

Just the sale prices on the circular won't be applied to games in NY K-Marts. That's when you'll need a copy of the circular.[/QUOTE]

From my experience, the coupon deals are always applied. Only the sale price deals have problem, even you show them a copy of online circular (usually they don't have one for their stores).

Thanks for the $20 R&C coupon, didn't think it would get one after the $30 coupon for Batman (which I'm surprisingly not interested in playing). My 9 yr. old will be very happy I'm not making him wait for a price drop. Or Christmas.

Any thoughts on the PDP controllers (I need 1 more for R&C) beyond the usual "3rd party stuff sucks". I know it sucks, but I'll only need it to hold together until we finish R&C, my wife isn't a big gamer but the kids want her to make 4.

And I'm adding my voice to the Kirby's Return to Dreamland crowd. I'm buying it with my R&C coupon anyway, but another coupon on that would get me Zelda. Well if Kmart carries it that is. Carry Kirby, I know they'll have Zelda, I'm just don't have anything after Zelda to use that coupon on.

On, and that $70 Spyro thing looks horrible. Both the game and Spyro himself. I'm predicting it's $20 by February. It's too expensive for a Wii peripheral and nobody who has a PS3 or Xbox360 will want it.

[quote name='rjejr']On, and that $70 Spyro thing looks horrible. Both the game and Spyro himself. I'm predicting it's $20 by February. It's too expensive for a Wii peripheral and nobody who has a PS3 or Xbox360 will want it.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, it really isn't a bad idea in concept but they made this expensive game that you may have to pay even more for down the line, and they totally demolished Spyro's design, not to mention that he hasn't been relevant for years anyway. The new Spyro will turn off fans of the old Spyro, and the price will make everyone think twice, I just don't see how this game can be anything but a massive disappointment. But hey, I could be wrong.

I wish I had a Kmart here in San Antonio TX, or else I would be all on these deals. IS there any-chance these coupons might be migrated over to online ordering in the near future?

Definitely in for the Batman deal - thank you Josh as always :) And I wanted to get the LoTR game anyway, since i really enjoyed Baldurs gate Dark alliance. Yay!

[quote name='Unseen77']I wish I had a Kmart here in San Antonio TX, or else I would be all on these deals. IS there any-chance these coupons might be migrated over to online ordering in the near future?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='cubeenigma']how long till all new releases get coupons online as well!!,??? $thanks! one step in the right direction and most people will love this and buy from kmart again![/QUOTE]
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's kind of a soft launch for Kmart coupons, going to try a few in October/November and iron out any kinks (I'll be buying Ace Combat today myself to ensure the process is good) and then watch out.[/QUOTE]
Hope this helps :)

[quote name='Bruce LeeRoy']Hope this helps :)[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I hope it all works out, be awsome for those that don't have a Kmart near by.

[quote name='rjejr'] and that $70 Spyro thing looks horrible. Both the game and Spyro himself. I'm predicting it's $20 by February. It's too expensive for a Wii peripheral and nobody who has a PS3 or Xbox360 will want it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah screw that thing. What I find so sick about it is that it's made by Activision, and Toys R Us has it as one of the Holidays Hot Toys on their annual list of the "hot" Christmas toys (it's listed as one of the 15 best). What's funny about that is that Activision is partnered with Toys R Us in a marketing campaign for the game.

I'm sure I'd puke if I knew about all the dirty shit like this that goes on but I only know about this one so fuck Activision and fuck TrU.

[quote name='coldstreakd'] But if you're there at 8 AM, I don't think you'll have to worry about them being sold out already. You just have to hope they have competent employees who know where the new release games are if they aren't on the shelf yet.[/QUOTE]

Can Josh or anyone else confirm that new games are supposed to be in the store at 8 AM on their release date (sorry if that's already been answered and I missed it)? If I pop in at store opening on Tuesday, can I expect Batman and Ratchet and Clank to be there? I know that doesn't mean they will actually have them on the shelf or be able to find them, but will they physically be somewhere in the store?

[quote name='DerClaw']So at first the deal was ridiculous when it was 30 dollars + a T-Shirt that my wife would probably sneak into the cleaning rag box at the first chance. Then it was a 5 dollar coupon for a game that is already getting a coupon. Now it's a 10 dollar coupon for that game. This deal is getting freaking crazy.[/QUOTE]

I know right. Thank god I can afford to spend money. The only thing I need to buy in addition to these games are more ms points. Any deals on those anytime soon? Either way, thanks Josh

[quote name='BrandonJF']Can Josh or anyone else confirm that new games are supposed to be in the store at 8 AM on their release date (sorry if that's already been answered and I missed it)? If I pop in at store opening on Tuesday, can I expect Batman and Ratchet and Clank to be there? I know that doesn't mean they will actually have them on the shelf or be able to find them, but will they physically be somewhere in the store?[/QUOTE]

All street dated games arrive in stores during the week prior to their release. They will be in the store...somewhere.

I'm really pleased with the way Kmart does their deals. The fact that you receive a gaming coupon assures Kmart that you'll keep your business with them as well as making the deals much less attractive to hoarders and flippers.

[quote name='Rumors']Sorry if it has already been asked... but will the $30 coupon and the extra lotr coupon stack?[/QUOTE]

Yes. But is anyone actually excited for the LotR game? Haven't those been pretty bad lately?

[quote name='PlowK1NG']Hi Josh, is there going to be a $30 coupon for Batlefield 3?[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same thing....although I have suspicions that it will be a deal for PSN/XBLA cards. Something like $30 off a $50 PSN card? I remember that deal occurring earlier this year with Dragon Age 2. Battlefield 3 will have lots of DLC so that deal would make sense. Although I am hoping for a $30 gaming coupon instead :D

Guys I am just wondering, how long do you guys think it will take for Batman AC to be $40 on sale? Like within 2 weeks or 2 months? I'd rather have it be $20 off then me having to buy something else with the coupon, but both are great deals.

[quote name='mjoa123']Guys I am just wondering, how long do you guys think it will take for Batman AC to be $40 on sale? Like within 2 weeks or 2 months? I'd rather have it be $20 off then me having to buy something else with the coupon, but both are great deals.[/QUOTE]
It will happen in late November for a few retailers probably but not for us.

[quote name='EducAsian']Wondering the same thing....although I have suspicions that it will be a deal for PSN/XBLA cards. Something like $30 off a $50 PSN card? I remember that deal occurring earlier this year with Dragon Age 2. Battlefield 3 will have lots of DLC so that deal would make sense. Although I am hoping for a $30 gaming coupon instead :D[/QUOTE]
Battlefield will not be as hot as Batman. Batman offer is special.

[quote name='BrandonJF']Can Josh or anyone else confirm that new games are supposed to be in the store at 8 AM on their release date (sorry if that's already been answered and I missed it)? If I pop in at store opening on Tuesday, can I expect Batman and Ratchet and Clank to be there? I know that doesn't mean they will actually have them on the shelf or be able to find them, but will they physically be somewhere in the store?[/QUOTE]
All stores receive their copies well in advance, all stores are communicated to in advance as well plus most new releases are featured in the circular with their available dates. That said, it is well documented that many Kmart stores struggle with this type of execution so it can vary.

[quote name='EducAsian']Fraud??? Are you serious? I swear, people like you are such wussies. You are not going to commit any type of fraud, dude. Just chill. All you are doing is presenting $60 worth of coupons for a $59.99 game. If it works, then great. If it doesn't big deal. What are they going to do? Arrest you? I did it at my store and even the manager came over and agreed the transaction was done correctly. The store owed me a penny. Did I expect it to work? Probably not. Was I surprised it did work? Of course, because I heard on here all the time that it didn't work.

But you know what? I decided I am not one of those sheeple who just listen to what others have to say and take it as truth. I decided to experiment and try for myself. And now I know that it is possible. Why people are so afraid to try something new or different, I have no idea. It won't hurt you to just try. You can't do anything in life if your scared like that all the damn time.[/QUOTE]
Is it fraud, no, can't say that it is. It is a store completely operating outside of the rules and regulations of the coupons......definitely. They are definitely doing a manual adjustment which is extremely YMMV since it is definitely not allowed from an operations standpoint.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Battlefield will not be as hot as Batman. Batman offer is special.[/QUOTE]

I am disapoint... well, there are other retailers to choose from.

Anyone else tried the Just Dance 3 $10 off coupon that was given out a few months ago? I tried it yesterday, but it wouldn't work. Not sure if it was because it was scanned after the other coupons were scanned or because I purchased it with other games, but it's the first time I can remember a coupon not working correctly for me in quite some time. Hope this same situation won't happen with the LotR coupon.

Any chance a $20 will be hit with Dance Central 2? I already have it on preorder from Newegg for $38 so not worth it for me if it's a $15. Read the OXM review though and they gave it a 9.5 so definitely want it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Is it fraud, no, can't say that it is. It is a store completely operating outside of the rules and regulations of the coupons......definitely. They are definitely doing a manual adjustment which is extremely YMMV since it is definitely not allowed from an operations standpoint.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so with the $30 coupon from buying Arkham City I can't buy Arkham Asylum? I think Asylum is $29.99.. damn this changes everything.. I don't want to play AC before AA. :wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back