KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='newtype06']Expect to be disappointed? But isn't Batman a major release, which theoretically means that retailers get the shipment days before the release date?[/QUOTE]

Kmart stores dont step their game up for 'major' releases. Batman or Wii shovelware its all the same. Unfortunately your store will either be a good store that will usually have the games out on time or it will suck and they wont have it out. You just have to try your nearest stores and find out for yourself, its almost impossible to predict what someone else Kmart experience will be like unfortunately. I personally still think the deals are worth it, you just might not get it on day 1.

or 2

or 3

or...

Just went to Redwood City, CA Kmart to try to pick up Just Dance 3 for Kinect, but couldn't find it. They didn't have it for any of the systems nor did they have Ace Combat. It's hard to believe they've sold out of all of those in the last two days. I asked a csr and he just shrugged and said he didn't know. Bummed. :whistle2:(

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Well I am sad, I just noticed on the OP that next to Professor Layton it says " no offer"[/QUOTE]
Even sadder is that there's no Kirby deal. These games seem very under the radar.

[quote name='yuyak']Just went to Redwood City, CA Kmart to try to pick up Just Dance 3 for Kinect, but couldn't find it. They didn't have it for any of the systems nor did they have Ace Combat. It's hard to believe they've sold out of all of those in the last two days. I asked a csr and he just shrugged and said he didn't know. Bummed. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

This is the story of store #4349 where games never come out. Welcome to the Twilight Zone!

Has been an issue for a few weeks now. Josh got on their cases last year this time and it got cleared up but I'm not holding out hope this time.

[quote name='SephirothWF']Will KMart be getting the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword bundle? I know it said that the only CE's they will get are Forze, COD, and maybe Old Republic. I ask because I could see this being offered as a normal product since it just additionally comes with the Wii Motion Plus and a lot of Wii owners don't have one.[/QUOTE]

No. Stock Boy confirmed K-Mart would not carry the Zelda bundle.

So has anybody had problems with kmart selling out of copies on the first day? I want to get Batman on Tues, but I won't be able to go until noonish after I get out of class.

If josh pushed to get a $30 coupon on it, Kmart probably bought a large amount of the game.

I wouldn't go in there on saturday night, but i would think anytime on tuesday would be fine. Then again, I don't know what you're area is like or how many stores/kmart game shoppers you have.

[quote name='jcwkings']So has anybody had problems with kmart selling out of copies on the first day? I want to get Batman on Tues, but I won't be able to go until noonish after I get out of class.[/QUOTE]

I've never encountered a sold out new release at my Kmart. But I'm always there within an hour or two of opening and some Kmarts sell out of things more often than others so YMMV. BAC is a big deal though, as has been stated many times in this thread. Expect good stock and hope that others also have to wait for class/work to be over before they go. I wouldn't be too worried.

[quote name='bzchanboy']This is the story of store #4349 where games never come out. Welcome to the Twilight Zone!

Has been an issue for a few weeks now. Josh got on their cases last year this time and it got cleared up but I'm not holding out hope this time.[/QUOTE]
Huh didn't realize that. I've probably taken advantage of at least half a dozen of these deals over the last year, mostly at this store, and this is the first time I ran into this problem that I can recall. Usually it's that I can't find a csr to open the glass case for me :p

Really hope kmart doesn't screw up this time, canceled my newegg pre-order and going to take my chances on Tuesday. 30 dollar coupon is too awesome to not try.

[quote name='jer7583'] Apparently the way the DLC is done on 360 makes it pretty much impossible to play online because nobody downloads the compatability packs and it's a giant clusterfuck.[/QUOTE]

And that is why gamers should be voting with their wallets. Stop supporting this bullshit. If companies are going to keep exploiting gamers with these bullshit DLC add-ons that come out a month after the game does, then they better make sure the online is still fucking works correctly. Buying into this crap is just making it worse.

[quote name='DarkRider23']And that is why gamers should be voting with their wallets. Stop supporting this bullshit. If companies are going to keep exploiting gamers with these bullshit DLC add-ons that come out a month after the game does, then they better make sure the online is still fucking works correctly. Buying into this crap is just making it worse.[/QUOTE]

You've got a point here... With downloadable charcters in fighting games and whatnot, you usually have to get the compatibility pack to be able to fight against people with those characters. If all gamers who play that game online need to have it, why not just release that compatibility pack as a patch that everyone downloads the next time they start the game??? Easy fix since they would already have it created.

Does he Kmart Arkham City deal still include a free T-shirt? I'm thinking btwn Kmart and Amazon. Pre-ordered from Amazon at $56.99 and getting the $10 credit, so for $46.99 I"m getting the comic book as well. But if Kmart has $30 + a T-shirt, it's definitely better.

[quote name='Aoshi000']Does he Kmart Arkham City deal still include a free T-shirt? I'm thinking btwn Kmart and Amazon. Pre-ordered from Amazon at $56.99 and getting the $10 credit, so for $46.99 I"m getting the comic book as well. But if Kmart has $30 + a T-shirt, it's definitely better.[/QUOTE]

No t-shirt. Warner had trouble getting them shipped out. $10 coupon for the new Lord of the Rings game next month instead, in addition to the planned $30 coupon on any video game.

[quote name='spree4567']No t-shirt. Warner had trouble getting them shipped out. $10 coupon for the new Lord of the Rings game next month instead, in addition to the planned $30 coupon on any video game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. No T-shirt eh, that's too bad.. I quite liked my MvC3 LE Shuma Gorath/Servbot T-shirt and was hoping for a cool one for AC, and I'm not getting the LoTR game.. If it's only about $10 more (no tax from Aamzon for me), I might just stick w/ Amazon for the comic book.

[quote name='Mad39er']Actually it's really good considering Kmart doesn't do pre-orders and that's supposed to be the bonus for pre-ordering. It gives other people a viable route to get the LE without going to Gamestop, Best Buy or Amazon.

Now I'm wondering if there is a price difference in the LE and the Standard.[/QUOTE]

The idea of including multiplayer maps with the game for pre orders only is incredibly dumb. single player bonus stuff i don't care about but multiplayer maps is crossing the line.

[quote name='dz00mb1e']Does anyone know if Kmart will be getting Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 next month?[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure the answer is no. I asked a ton months ago and never personally saw an answer from Josh, but I can't imagine they are carrying it.
I have to assume vanilla version sold well, but that could be accounted for by the glitch where people where getting double points or whatever it was that happened with the game.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Pretty sure the answer is no. I asked a ton months ago and never personally saw an answer from Josh, but I can't imagine they are carrying it.
I have to assume vanilla version sold well, but that could be accounted for by the glitch where people where getting double points or whatever it was that happened with the game.[/QUOTE]

Darn, was hoping to use one of my coupons on it. Thanks for the reply.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The idea of including multiplayer maps with the game for pre orders only is incredibly dumb. single player bonus stuff i don't care about but multiplayer maps is crossing the line.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. Why would you want to split your fanbase the day your game launches? This is doubly puzzling given its purported attempts to overthrow the One True King of COD. I understand they needed content for their Project $10 (that wasn't the whole MP since COD doesn't pull that), but good grief. Even COD waits a while before forcing the map packs out and splintering their players. I'll still be getting it because I'm a sheepish little consumer lemming but it is a bit annoying.

I also just realized I haven't actually started through Arkham Asylum yet. I should probably get on this if I want to pick up Arkham City. :bouncy:

Batman: Arkham City got a 9.5 on Ign. I know some people do not trust them, but the reviewer stated he'd already played through the game twice and wanted to go right back into it. I cannot wait until Tuesday.

On Gamerankings right now Arkham City has 3 10s and 2 9.5s, making it the best rated game of all time. I'm sure that score will come down with more reviews, but it is definitely GOTY material.

I've got Arkham City preordered through Newegg for 47.99. That comes with the t-shirt. I was going to cancel that, but what I think I'll do is keep the preorder from them and also buy it from Kmart. Then I'll turn around and sell one of the copies of the game through Ebay, where I'll at least get my money back, and I'll have the kmart coupon and still get the shirt.

[quote name='adamical']On Gamerankings right now Arkham City has 3 10s and 2 9.5s, making it the best rated game of all time. I'm sure that score will come down with more reviews, but it is definitely GOTY material.[/QUOTE]

Batman FTW! Although I do think that honor should belong to Bioshock...

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The idea of including multiplayer maps with the game for pre orders only is incredibly dumb. single player bonus stuff i don't care about but multiplayer maps is crossing the line.[/QUOTE]
If you followed the whole EA vs Activision crap, they're trying to boost their pre-order numbers so they can wave it around like a big dick. That's why all pre-orders are automatically upgraded to LE, they're at 1.5 million pre-orders or so because of that tactic. It's all available for purchase but it's their way to try and steal the COD player base and build momentum. Too bad the open beta kicked them in the balls. It's EA and not DICE to blame though, so if you're a Battlefield fan, don't hold it against them.

I really do like that Kmart got at least some part of the action, the LEs they have should sell out within a week depending on the offer and word of mouth, it's not like the Hardened Edition of MW3 where it's sold out already in a lot of stores that do pre-orders.

It's a shame about the coupon delay. Using the coupon from Batman to get Dead Island for $14.99 would be pretty sweet.

Josh, have you heard any updates regarding the Silent Hill HD collection? OP says 11/15 for release but I'm guessing that's no longer accurate.

[quote name='Lonegunman718']anyone know if the collectors edition of batman will be printing off the $30 and $10 coupons or is it just for the regular edition?[/QUOTE]
They're not carrying the Collectors Edition in store.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']No Layton deal after all? Lame. Super lame.[/QUOTE]

This.

My dream of paying $20 for Skyrim on release are shattered.

So it's been mentioned in this thread that the Batman AC deal is one per customer, but it's not mentioned in the related Kmartgamer save game post or in the FB posts on the deal. Is this still the case? If so, will it be limited to one coupon per card, or can I have someone else buy it but still use my SYWR card? I'd like to buy two copies, and since my local store has been running out of games on release day, I'll have to recruit a shopping buddy, possibly make them sign up for a card, and steal his/her Tuesday lunch break. Ugh, game buying logistics...

Has there been any indication as to which version of Arkham City is the best between PS3/Xbox, been out of the loop for a week, had surgery this week.

Any word yet if there will be a special deal with battlefield 3? Me and some coworkers are looking to get it and Kmart seems to be the place for the best price.

I already made a specific thread for this deal, but I'll place it here as well.

http://gamer.kmart.com/2011/10/save-game-12/

"Starting 10/18 and ending 10/22, Shop Your Way Reward Members will receive a $30 gaming coupon with the purchase of Batman Arkham City for PS3 or XB360 for $59.99. You will also receive a bonus $10 gaming coupon good towards Warner’s highly anticipated Lord of the Rings: War in the North (which will have a $20 gaming coupon with it when it launches in November).

That’s right, one more time, a $30 gaming coupon. Instore only. The coupon automatically prints at the register once the game is purchased and your SYWR card is scanned.

The coupon is valid from 10/23 through 12/3, if you can’t find a game that comes out then that you don’t like, or you can’t find a deal on Black Friday worth the money, then shame on you."

Hey guys I just read that there's a limit of 1 coupon per person. I actually need two copies of the game. Does anyone know if I buy them in 2 seperate transactions, if 2 30 dollar coupons would print out? From the past deals it used to be limit of 2 per shop your way rewards membership. Just not sure about this one cuz someone was saying its limited to only 1 here on the forum, let me know if you know, thanks!

[quote name='srac84']Hey guys I just read that there's a limit of 1 coupon per person. I actually need two copies of the game. Does anyone know if I buy them in 2 seperate transactions, if 2 30 dollar coupons would print out? From the past deals it used to be limit of 2 per shop your way rewards membership. Just not sure about this one cuz someone was saying its limited to only 1 here on the forum, let me know if you know, thanks![/QUOTE]

Josh said it's limited to one per customer. We don't know how it works because it's never been done before, and he didn't give us details, but KMart employees are being instructed to only allow one purchase per customer. If you want two, I suggest you bring a friend with an SYWR account.

It's only 1 per customer because of the special deal. Otherwise it would have been 2. Chances are it's in the system to not allow two anyway.

Can anyone tell me if Wii + Just Dance 3 promo requires the purchase of both items? I don't want Just Dance 3, but I'd bite on a Wii with a $35 coupon. The Kmart employees told me that there was no such deal at all, and that I'm mistaken, so they weren't much help. lol

[quote name='ddeeaallzz']Can anyone tell me if Wii + Just Dance 3 promo requires the purchase of both items? I don't want Just Dance 3, but I'd bite on a Wii with a $35 coupon. The Kmart employees told me that there was no such deal at all, and that I'm mistaken, so they weren't much help. lol[/QUOTE]

This was something I was wondering too, since I think I'm one of the few people on earth w/o a wii and mariokart. I assumed that it was just a straight 35-dollar coupon with the wii, but reading it more closely, now I'm not sure.

[quote name='ddeeaallzz']I'd bite on a Wii with a $35 coupon.[/QUOTE]
He he he sorry my 13 year old side had to :) Looks like must be both at first glance at flyer but the fine print says customer will recive 1 coupon $35 with purchase of wii and 1 $15 coupon with purchase of JD3 for the wii. Also that $149 wii shows to be including mario cart and racing wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this has been discussed/answered before, but I am holding onto a $20 coupon that expires 11/8. I'd really like to apply that to Skyrim, which comes out on 11/11. Is there anyway to pre-purchase Skyrim or any other way I can apply it to the purchase of Skyrim? Thanks!

[quote name='fatboyjam']Sorry if this has been discussed/answered before, but I am holding onto a $20 coupon that expires 11/8. I'd really like to apply that to Skyrim, which comes out on 11/11. Is there anyway to pre-purchase Skyrim or any other way I can apply it to the purchase of Skyrim? Thanks![/QUOTE]

That's a negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back