KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Achilles00']My Kmart was solid around the holidays last year, but since then it's been hit or miss, mostly miss. Most of the staff has turned over, and generally it just seems like it doesn't get a whole lot of business.[/QUOTE]

ahh that sucks. hopefully that doesnt happen to me :cry: i have come in enough tho for at least one of the employees to know that most of my purchases come wit coupons :lol:

[quote name='Mad39er']If you wait for 6 AM to roll on by, the registers will have rebooted and you'll be able to take part in the deal. If you choose not to wait, then prepare to be frustrated.[/QUOTE]

Every time i go pick up my games at midnight at my location the coupons have printed no problem.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']The coupon will be active the following sunday, so for Batman the coupon will be valid starting 10/23 and they last for 45 days[/QUOTE]

Y'all really need to stop saying 45 days. The coupons do not, and have never lasted 45 days. They last six weeks or 42 days starting on a Sunday and expiring at close of business on Saturday. If they lasted 45 days, they would spill over til the next Tuesday. That would be kinda awesome, but that aint the way it works.

Do you guys think Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One will be a good one player game? I know its made for up to 4 players, but my wife probably wont play this game and I will probably try to play it by myself like the previous Ratchet games on PS3.

[quote name='kitm9891']Havent been around in awhile and cant find the answer internally here so I guess this is the next best solution. Has anyone heard if the availability of Professor Layton is going to be limited at Kmart? Im asking because here at my store I still show no signs of it shipping period, Ive got Batman already, Ratchet shipped Wednesday but Layton hasnt appeared at all. Maybe this is more specific for Josh but figured it was worth asking to see if maybe someone else had info as well.[/QUOTE]
I thought Josh said if he couldn't secure a deal on games he wasn't going to bring them in. I could be off, since the Layton deal fell through though I don't think he's going to stock it.

[quote name='addicted2games']Do you guys think Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One will be a good one player game? I know its made for up to 4 players, but my wife probably wont play this game and I will probably try to play it by myself like the previous Ratchet games on PS3.[/QUOTE]

That is my concern. I love the Ratchet games, but I'm afraid it is going to be too much like playing Little Big Planet with three people, where the camera goes funky and you are always messing up the other people. I'm waiting for reviews and even then, may wait until next year to pick it up. I would have much rather had a co-op splitscreen Ratchet.

I just found out that the Kmart closest to me will be closing soon. I asked about the return policy for an item and was told by a manager that I had 7 days to make a return since they would be "liquidating" the store. This Kmart has very poor customer service but I still feel bad for the people losing their jobs. Upper management, on the other hand, can eff off. I feel that their disregard for basic customer service must've had something to do with their situation.

[quote name='emg28']I just found out that the Kmart closest to me will be closing soon. I asked about the return policy for an item and was told by a manager that I had 7 days to make a return since they would be "liquidating" the store. This Kmart has very poor customer service but I still feel bad for the people losing their jobs. Upper management, on the other hand, can eff off. I feel that their disregard for basic customer service must've had something to do with their situation.[/QUOTE]

Once a store goes into liquidation, it's not really the parent company's policies anymore.

[quote name='cheapbastard']I don't see the batman shirt on the first page. Is it still going 2 be offered?[/QUOTE]

nope. issues with warner brothers sending out stock caused josh to have to drop the shirt and replace it wit a 10 coupon for LotR: WitN

[quote name='Mad39er']I thought Josh said if he couldn't secure a deal on games he wasn't going to bring them in. I could be off, since the Layton deal fell through though I don't think he's going to stock it.[/QUOTE]

IMO, if thats the case thats terrible logic. You cant always, 100% of the time, get a deal in place but that shouldnt mean they just dont carry it at all. I guess it would stand to reason looking at the simple fact that we dont have it yet and dont show it as having shipped yet either.

EDIT- I just noticed it says there is no offer on that Skylanders game and we got a ton of those in already so atleast in that case the lack of a deal didnt impact the store carrying it so hopefully that holds true for Professor Layton.

Last edited by a moderator:
What will be the availability of the Battlefield 3: Limited Edition if I order online on day 1? 100%? Or would it be completely random?

You say the store allocation will be like 25%, that is even on day 1? So if a store gets only like 10 copies they might get only a couple limited editions? (or maybe ZERO if they are unlucky?).

That's kind of crappy on EA's part. I hope online allocation is at least 100% initially. I haven't yet pre-ordered this game on Amazon and have been waiting for KMART to revealed their deal (so far I don't even think Amazon has done a deal yet, they did $20 on Bad Company 2).

a couple of questions. i dont often go to kmart for games but since amazon has become crap with games and doesnt give out gift cards anymore and the toys r us deal might prevent the exchange trick i will have to do kmart for batman. first of all how long do the coupons last? ive seen 45, days now 42. would be nice to get a concrete answer.
also i have i know i have to sign up for those rewards things to get the coupons. do i do that in store or online somewhere before purchasing arkham city?

Ask them to sign up for the card in store that way you will get a card while you are there.
The coupons last for 42 days. I only said 45 because thats what I was told and besides I dont even hold on to any of my coupons for that long so never even had to worry about it expiring soon.

[quote name='jcwkings']So has anybody had problems with kmart selling out of copies on the first day? I want to get Batman on Tues, but I won't be able to go until noonish after I get out of class.[/QUOTE]

yes my kmart is usually sold out within 30-mins to an hour after opening. Only recently though, I always go at 10-10:30 on my lunch hour and ya its clean by the time I get there :\

Can only play so many games. Still haven't beat Disgaea 4 yet, just got my Fry's copy of ICO/SOTC in the mail, trying to replay through Batman Arkham Asylum this weekend and picking up Arkham Ciy on tuesday. Was debating about LoTR War in the North and also Skyrim. The extra $10 coupon making LoTR war in the north $20 has pushed me over to that. With all these games and then the Vita and Mass Effect 3 in the first quarter of next year means I can wait for the Skyrim GOTY edition with all the included DLC.

Question for Josh though, can you speak at all on upcoming Black Friday deals? I'm debating holding onto the LoTR $20 coupon for black friday or using it to get Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for half price (yes, I waited and didn't get the first one).

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Ask them to sign up for the card in store that way you will get a card while you are there.
The coupons last for 42 days. I only said 45 because thats what I was told and besides I dont even hold on to any of my coupons for that long so never even had to worry about it expiring soon.[/QUOTE]

I overheard employees talking at my local store a couple weeks ago and they said they were out of the cards and wouldn't be getting anymore because they are pushing cardless memberships now. They may be full of crap, I don't know.

[quote name='ponn01']Question for Josh though, can you speak at all on upcoming Black Friday deals? I'm debating holding onto the LoTR $20 coupon for black friday or using it to get Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for half price (yes, I waited and didn't get the first one).[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Josh has said they won't be carrying UMvC3.

[quote name='nomoregroundhogs']

Pretty sure Josh has said they won't be carrying UMvC3.[/QUOTE]

Well that makes decison easy then. Just keep my preorder at amazon, at least get costume pack there. just hope kmart has some good BF deals then. Hoping someone has original non-goty versiion of Red Dead Redemption on sale really cheap.

[quote name='ponn01']Well that makes decison easy then. Just keep my preorder at amazon, at least get costume pack there. just hope kmart has some good BF deals then. Hoping someone has original non-goty versiion of Red Dead Redemption on sale really cheap.[/QUOTE]

Ahh you missed gamefly having it for ~$13 a week ago or so

[quote name='kennedykougar']yes my kmart is usually sold out within 30-mins to an hour after opening. Only recently though, I always go at 10-10:30 on my lunch hour and ya its clean by the time I get there :\[/QUOTE]

I bet they'll have a ton of copies like they did with LA Noire.

Can I use a $20 coupon on a $20 psn card and not have to pay anything?

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times. I tried looking in the FAQ for an answer but didn't see one

[quote name='emg28']I just found out that the Kmart closest to me will be closing soon. I asked about the return policy for an item and was told by a manager that I had 7 days to make a return since they would be "liquidating" the store. This Kmart has very poor customer service but I still feel bad for the people losing their jobs. Upper management, on the other hand, can eff off. I feel that their disregard for basic customer service must've had something to do with their situation.[/QUOTE]

Torrance?

[quote name='ponn01']Question for Josh though, can you speak at all on upcoming Black Friday deals? I'm debating holding onto the LoTR $20 coupon for black friday or using it to get Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for half price (yes, I waited and didn't get the first one).[/QUOTE]
Black Friday is tough for Josh because usually the bigger retailers just go for the throat. Amazon has shown they don't care if they make no profits and last year they price matched everybody, which is why he's been keeping the big offerings close to the chest. He's gotten a fair share of the market but Kmart usually is fairly lackluster for Black Friday. He tends to make the best deals before Black Friday as he has more budget and time to structure what he wants how he wants.

[quote name='auron1014']Can I use a $20 coupon on a $20 psn card and not have to pay anything?

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times. I tried looking in the FAQ for an answer but didn't see one[/QUOTE]

as a $20 psn card is $20 (and not $19.99) and is a gaming item yes it will

[quote name='Shadow Cloud']So when War in the North comes, would it be possible to combine both the $10 and $30 gaming coupons for it?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

People have been asking about opting in for emails, for which ones to opt in, and what requires you to do so, so I'd like to clarify it all as I understand it.

For the coupon promotions, you generally don't have to worry about opting in for anything. You can sign up for SYWR in the store and never have to adjust your settings online, and you should get your gaming coupons unless something else stands in the way.

What opting in for emails does for you is to make you elligible for a wider range of SYWR bonus point promotions, events that are not under KMart Gamer's domain but are applicable to gaming department purchases. These promotions often occur in two forms, either spend XX get YY in bonus points or earn ZZ times the base points on a single purchase during the time period. These promotions sometimes run a Sunday-Saturday week, but they also often line up to gift-giving weekends like Mother's Day and run Friday-Sunday. With luck and planning, it's possible to stack SYWR promotions with KMart Gamer deals and really clean up. As an example, the 3DS system released during a 3x points period. These promotions, as they are store-wide, apply equally to gaming and non-gaming purchases, so if you're spending $39.99 and need an extra $5.01 to get five dollars in points, go grab some chips and some 2-liters.

In brief, you don't need to worry about emails if you're only after coupons. No need to jump online at the store before completing your first purchase. If you only want the coupons, you're already set. Opting in can additionally give you access to other promotions that can net you an extra five dollars or so in points if the timing is right.

I really hope Kmart has a good deal on BF3 LE. It'd be awesome if they'd go back to more discounts off MSRP rather than gaming coupons for new releases.

[quote name='SativaSam']I really hope Kmart has a good deal on BF3 LE. It'd be awesome if they'd go back to more discounts off MSRP rather than gaming coupons for new releases.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember a time when they had discounts off MSRP.

[quote name='SativaSam']I really hope Kmart has a good deal on BF3 LE. It'd be awesome if they'd go back to more discounts off MSRP rather than gaming coupons for new releases.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you will never see a discount off MSRP during the release week. Some games get quicker discounts (Portal 2, Alice) than others, but there will always be a coupon deal on bigger titles the first week and then at least several weeks or months before a true sale price.

[quote name='confoosious']I can't remember a time when they had discounts off MSRP.[/QUOTE]

I feel like there's been one or two games that released at like 44.99, not top tier games but ones people were interested in...am I bored enough to dig through previous Kmart threads to find out? Hard to say.

I didn't mean release week, just more deals such as when Bulletstorm first came out, a couple weeks later (very few) it went down to $39.99, and since I had a $25 coupon from Black Ops it worked out to 15. Don't get me wrong, I love the coupons, but it's getting harder and harder for me to wanna buy anything at $59.99 regardless of the coupon when there's deals like Newegg's for $48 before it even releases or when you know a game is going to go on sale for $40 or less a couple weeks later (example: every Assassin's Creed game to date)

[quote name='DPsycho']In brief, you don't need to worry about emails if you're only after coupons. No need to jump online at the store before completing your first purchase. If you only want the coupons, you're already set. Opting in can additionally give you access to other promotions that can net you an extra five dollars or so in points if the timing is right.[/QUOTE]
Just to add on, if MAP restrictions prevent a coupon, Josh has worked around with points and it's usually not a small amount either, which means if you're buying MW3 or BF3 at Kmart, you probably should be registered for the emails and restrictive MAP season is starting very shortly.

[quote name='DPsycho']People have been asking about opting in for emails, for which ones to opt in, and what requires you to do so, so I'd like to clarify it all as I understand it.

For the coupon promotions, you generally don't have to worry about opting in for anything. You can sign up for SYWR in the store and never have to adjust your settings online, and you should get your gaming coupons unless something else stands in the way.

What opting in for emails does for you is to make you elligible for a wider range of SYWR bonus point promotions, events that are not under KMart Gamer's domain but are applicable to gaming department purchases. These promotions often occur in two forms, either spend XX get YY in bonus points or earn ZZ times the base points on a single purchase during the time period. These promotions sometimes run a Sunday-Saturday week, but they also often line up to gift-giving weekends like Mother's Day and run Friday-Sunday. With luck and planning, it's possible to stack SYWR promotions with KMart Gamer deals and really clean up. As an example, the 3DS system released during a 3x points period. These promotions, as they are store-wide, apply equally to gaming and non-gaming purchases, so if you're spending $39.99 and need an extra $5.01 to get five dollars in points, go grab some chips and some 2-liters.

In brief, you don't need to worry about emails if you're only after coupons. No need to jump online at the store before completing your first purchase. If you only want the coupons, you're already set. Opting in can additionally give you access to other promotions that can net you an extra five dollars or so in points if the timing is right.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I was worried a bit that I wasnt receiving emails, so i might not get the coupons for Batman and other games.

Is there any way to guarantee that u will get a copy of a game, like to reserve em or something? Im buying Batman AC, if I can find a copy. Is there an hour they take games out to sell on atuesdays, or just when the store opens? I havent shopped at kmart recently.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I feel like there's been one or two games that released at like 44.99, not top tier games but ones people were interested in...am I bored enough to dig through previous Kmart threads to find out? Hard to say.[/QUOTE]

Indeed there have been: Just Cause 2 was discounted to 40 dollars I believe. I bought it from Kmart on a whim and loved it :)

Also, if you provide an email address when signing up in store you don't need to alter any settings online. You're already a bonus member and can get bonus points. Just don't go home and fiddle with subscription settings.

Also, the system has a habit of kicking people's emails out for no good reason. Mine gets kicked out every once in a while for no reason (I've never unsubscribed anything). So if you're worried about bonus points, pay attention to the keypad thingy where you slide your credit card (damned if I could remember the name :lol:). It'll prompt to add an email address if you're not set up right for some reason.
Also (for the third time :lol:) keep an eye on the cashier, some will just hit the cancel button on the keypad (it cannot be done though the register anymore) through the survey/add email prompt without asking.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Indeed there have been: Just Cause 2 was discounted to 40 dollars I believe. I bought it from Kmart on a whim and loved it :)[/QUOTE]

Alpha Protocol came out at $45 on launch week in June 2010, that was the first time I had shopped in a KMart in 3 years after my ME 1 fiasco in Nov. 07 at a different store. I think some of the flying games last year by Activision came out at $45 as well, maybe the motocross games also?

Damn - I was SO going to wait on Arkham City, but with even just the $30 coupon, how can I resist? Then give me another $10 off LOTR: War in the North, which will itself have another $20 coupon?

Evil, Josh. Just plain evil.

Thank you.

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']Is the smart money on BF3 getting a $20 coupon? No way it gets $30 like Batman but I'm hoping its at least $20[/QUOTE]Yeah it'll get at least a $20 like all the major releases. It will not get a $30. Batman got a special deal. Thats just how he rolls, because he's the goddamn Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back