KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
That everything is working out pretty good today. I had a dream last night that something was wrong with the coupon and woke up in a cold sweat. :drool:

[quote name='sadboy']Can you hook up those of us who are still interested in acquiring the t-shirt?[/QUOTE]
They cancelled the entire shipment actually. Wish I could.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']They cancelled the entire shipment actually. Wish I could.[/QUOTE]

Are you able to check and see if store 3322 is getting BAC or if they have already received it? When I went there they said they won't be getting it. Thanks.

All went well in Salem, NH for Batman. Games were already in the case, and the employees mentioned that they've had a good stream of people already come in and grab the game.

Crap, gots to get out there soon to try and grab Batman. I hope War of the North turns out decent as I'm almost obligated to buy it assuming I can get Batman today.

Got my copy of Batman at the Sumter store just now. The guy said the SYWR system is down right now, but he thought I should still be able to use my coupons and get a coupon back, just no points. I decided to hold onto my $20 coupon though in case something happened and it would be gone. Coupons printed fine though, so looks like I get $50 off of Battlefield 3.

Josh, two questions for you:
Is there any chance of seeing Dark Souls soon at $39.99. I know it happens with some games, but these are busy months for deals already, so is there any chance you could have something worked out in the next couple weeks?

And

Do game shipments still come in by mail rather than on the trucks? I didn't have a problem with the inventory today, they had what I wanted, but I was just wondering.

Pretty smooth experience in Corvallis, OR. They had stock behind the counter, but the scanner wasn't working so the employee had to key my coupon and the UPC on the game in by hand. Was in line behind two people buying BAC on the PS3, looks like I was the first to get it on Xbox. Good start to the day!

Edit: the one oddity is that the clerk was writing down name and phone numbers of people for "when they get the shirts in". I told her I had heard the promotion had been canceled because there was a supply problem with the shirts, but she seemed to think they were still getting them. We'll see. Heh. Kmart may or may not be giving me a call. My guess is may not.

[quote name='jer7583']360 version of batman looked slightly better in those comparison shots. A little bit better texturing and shadows. But very close.

Just odd considering the PS3 version of Arkham Asylum was the better one by far. I was expecing Arkham City to be better on PS3 too.[/QUOTE]

Well, both versions of Arkham Asylum had their pluses and minuses (with the biggest minus of the 360 version being the zoomed in camera). The same looks to be true for this one. I think the 360 version looked slightly better in some comparison shots and the PS3 version looked slightly better in others. LoT's PS3 shots almost always look more washed out than reality, too.

Another flawless victory @ store 3363 (Katella &Euclid in Anaheim, near Disneyland). "Jaime" (a dude) def. knew what's up. He had ~5 more of each (360 or PS3) as of 8:15. Said 5 came in before me, lol...Def. going to sell out today.

Got my coupons.

Thanks Josh for setting up this deal:D

Hope a TBA BF3 deal keeps the coupon train rolling, please!

After getting Batman (and the coupons) at store 3278 I ended up going to a different store (4966) and they had Ratchet stocked, but the coupon didn't print.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Argh, fail at store 3595. I was up randomly early today, so I figured I'd try to get in on the Batman deal bright and early. Of course, they don't get their shipment in. The lady seemed aware of what I was talking about, so I wasn't super annoyed like I was in past bad experiences. I was too miffed to ask when the shipment would be in though.

Does anyone know if shipments come during the day? Or is this a wait-til-tomorrow thing?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']All stores receive their copies well in advance, all stores are communicated to in advance as well plus most new releases are featured in the circular with their available dates. That said, it is well documented that many Kmart stores struggle with this type of execution so it can vary.[/QUOTE]
This

[quote name='fatpants']All went well in Salem, NH for Batman. Games were already in the case, and the employees mentioned that they've had a good stream of people already come in and grab the game.[/QUOTE]

Whoa! I went through the Salem, NH store this morning too, right at open on my way to work. Seamless transaction.

I went by around 8:30 this morning and picked up Batman. The game wasn't in the case but the guy knew exactly where it was in the back. He was like "Oh yeah, that's upstairs in the back". What baffles me is that he comes back with just my copy. Now my store has never really had the problems that a lot of other stores seem to have with having stuff out, but I have a feeling he would save himself a lot of trips if he just brought the box out and just put a stack on the shelf.

[quote name='bajoe']The Ratchet & Clank coupon didn't print for me (in CA).[/QUOTE]

I know Josh is awaiting word, but unless I'm mistaken I don't think anyone has had the coupon print for R&C.

Just send Josh your info to the email in the OP and he'll take care of it.

I picked up Batman AC this morning at store 9463 and the electronics employee was very helpful. I didn't get her name but she knew her stuff about kmart gamer. Shortly after leaving the store i got an email on my phone with the e-receipt. Now to decide what to spend the $30 gaming voucher on. Still no word on BF3 deals?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']3 of the 4, I'll let you guess :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='craven_fiend']Based on the list, I would say the middle 2 are givens, with Gears being the 3rd.[/QUOTE]

You think so? I would guess Assasins Creed would be the one left out since it doesn't come out til mid-November. It will only have been out 2 weeks come Black Friday, as opposed to the September/October releases of the other 3.

Got the last Red Steel 2 bundle which was marked down to $14.99. I don't know if I really care much for the game, but it'll be nice to finally have a Motion Plus to use with Skyward Sword, which I will presumably get aided by the coupons from LotR:WitN which I will get for cheap thanks to the AC coupons today. :D

Just got back and the LotR coupon printed for me, but the $30 voucher did not. The guy didn't seem to be aware of what I was talking about either. What is the next step I should be taking? I don't want to open the game, have no way of returning it, and be out the $30 voucher.

Josh, just wanted to say thanks to you and your crew for sending me the gift card (just received it in the mail last week) when I emailed you about none of my stores having any Xbox Live cards during release week for Gears of War 3. I know that you can't control everything at the stores but your willingness to compensate for poor customer experiences is really appreciated!

Was at my Kmart at around 10:45am

Nothing was in the front, but the lady was helpful and got me a copy of it from the back along with the rest of them.

They were just starting to put out their new release DVD's, and then the games after she said.

But was a seamless transaction and everything went smooth.

Thumbs up!

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Just got back and the LotR coupon printed for me, but the $30 voucher did not. The guy didn't seem to be aware of what I was talking about either. What is the next step I should be taking? I don't want to open the game, have no way of returning it, and be out the $30 voucher.[/QUOTE]

False alarm. It didn't print out at the store, but my digital receipt that I got via email has the $30 voucher. Do I just print this out and use it the next time I purchase a game, or do I have to do anything special?

Add me to list of not getting a $20 coupon from buying Ratchet & Clank. I bought both it and Batman at the same time. So, the woman working the register suggested returning the R&C and rebuying to see if it would print. Still a no go. This was in Atlanta.

Was on vacation in Portland today and stopped by the local K-Mart by the airport. The electronics girl was applying security tags to the games and had them all out behind the counter. I expected a hassle, but I just gave her my rewards card phone number and she verified my name, then checked me out. The two coupons printed and she commented on how good the $30 coupon was. Seamless. Seems like any problems people would have are because their rewards card wasn't entered before checking out so make sure you verify it does get entered.

I got Batman for $36.03 after my Dark souls coupon and military discount. Also got the $30 coupon and $10 off lord of the rings. Pretty awesome.

[quote name='Bruce LeeRoy']This[/QUOTE]
I wish I didn't know that, because now I'm going to be pissed every time they tell me didn't receive their shipment, lol.

Bah, it looks like I won't be getting in on this deal. I called the next nearest store and they only have one 360 copy left, and I'm not going to chance the drive at the rate it's going.

I didn't get $20 for Ratchet & Clank either.

Woke up early (by my standards) to get Batman before they sold out since my store only carries a handful of even the biggest titles. Turns out that wasn't going to be an issue. I might've only been the second or third person there to get Batman and there were more employees in the store than customers. But they only had like three copies of R&C in stock so I guess that was good even if I didn't get a coupon.

They knew about the coupon too, so I ended up spending a lot more time there than I expected since they refunded me and tried to ring me up again to see if the coupon would come out.

Josh, are these coupons specifically tied to your individual SYWR card?

What I mean is...

I got Batman today, got my $30 coupon and my $10 LotR coupon... However, I have no interest in LotR at all, so can I give my $10 coupon to someone else to use? Or would they have to use my card at time time of purchase as well?

Thanks for the Batman deal josh

Got a copy for PS3 this morning and both coupons printed at store 3435.

Although, store apparently got 5-6 copies total between 360 and ps3. The clerk in charge saw me and simply asked which system. I said ps3 and she replied that's good as it's the last copy she had for either system.

People may want to go sooner rather than later if low supply is the norm for other stores

After my third trip to KMart the SYWR program was finally working in the store. After waiting 15 minutes for help and the associate having problems running the transaction I finally have BAC. I spent way to much time and effort today to pick up one game.

[quote name='DDustiNN']Josh, are these coupons specifically tied to your individual SYW card?

What I mean is...

I got Batman today, got my $30 coupon and my $10 LotR coupon... However, I have no interest in LotR at all, so can I give my $10 coupon to someone else to use? Or would they have to use my card at time time of purchase as well?[/QUOTE]

Also curious. From what I've heard, it's supposed to be tied to your account, but in practice they work for anyone. I'm fully willing to send my LOTR coupon over to someone who wants it.

Another Batman success here. No issues with coupon printing and for only the second time ever there was an employee in the electronics department already.

Also, great news to hear that Kmart will have Skyward Sword bundles after all.

[quote name='rbarba4']Thanks for the Batman deal josh

Got a copy for PS3 this morning and both coupons printed at store 3435.

Although, store apparently got 5-6 copies total between 360 and ps3. The clerk in charge saw me and simply asked which system. I said ps3 and she replied that's good as it's the last copy she had for either system.

People may want to go sooner rather than later if low supply is the norm for other stores[/QUOTE]

Yeah, at my local K-Mart there are only a handful of copies of their advertised new release big name titles, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Of course, I guess that's better than overstocking. One of the regional chain stores in my area went nuts when Halo Reach came out and must've had over 100 copies on the shelf. Most of them are still there.

There were no copies of either of the new releases out on the floor at my local K-Mart, so I rummaged around the store looking for the electronics employee. Once I found her and asked about Batman she said she hadn't seen anything in the back, but went to look anyway. Apparently I was the first person there asking about it even though it was already 11:00. She found them, thank goodness, and was rather confused at the coupon I presented (from Dark Souls) and at the one that printed after I bought the game. I'm going to assume not many gamers frequent this particular K-Mart.

But, overall a good experience. Thanks for the deal!

Just grabbed my :pS3: copy from the West Long Branch, NJ store. Coupons printed with no problems. As much as I love Amazon, I fully intend on rolling this $30 into Uncharted 3. Insane deal, Josh!

Was in and out in 5 minutes in Beaverton, OR. No hassles and plenty of copies left. Wasn't originally going to buy this but I can't resist a 30 dollar coupon that works perfectly for Uncharted 3 in a few weeks

No problems whatsoever - they had a few copies on the shelf and the coupons printed right up with my receipt. Thanks for the deal!

Thanks Josh, great deal. Coupons printed without problem, though I wish the $10 coupon was for a game I wanted like Uncharted 3. I saw that Mass Effect 2 & Vanquish were both $20 each at Kmart. Awesome prices, might use the $30 on them next week.

Just wondering, does anyone know if the coupons that print are all the same or does each coupon have an individual code?

And to Josh, will there be a deal on NHL 12 soon?

Got my goddamn Batman no real issues. Coupons printed fine. I was so tempted to get Skylanders but then saw there's no deal for it? :cry:

Glad this is working out for you from the sounds of it Josh.

Awesome to hear about the Skyward Sword + Controller bundle. Definitely going to be in for Saints Row and Zelda now at the least.

I was reminded why I haven't been to Kmart in forever. Waited 30 minutes for an employee to help me, only to find out that they don't have the game yet, "maybe tomorrow."

So got there today around 9:30 - no Batman in the case (I always check the case myself before asking, because usually the new titles are buried somewhere or piled on top so you can't see what game it is, etc - it's always easier just to find them myself and then get go get the guy with the keys). Another guy walks up and tells the clerk (not the usual guy who works in electronics who is usually on top of things) that he is looking for Batman, and that he needs "3-4 copies". Hmmm, could it be that perhaps this was the guy I had been hearing about from the employees that always comes in and buys all the copies of the new releases?? Knowing that this store only gets about that many (at most) copies of top titles, I was preparing for an argument. The clerk said that they didn't get any in, and that we should go to Gamestop. The other customer left, saying he'd be back later - something I was unwilling to do since it's like 20 minutes away. I stayed and mentioned that this Kmart always has the games out on Tuesday morning, without fail. To his credit, the clerk then offered to check the back for me - and he came back with the box of this week's games (3 copies of each version) - so props for that. All's well that ends well, I suppose. Both coupons printed fine.

I successfully got the Arkham City and coupons at the 2nd Kmart I went to. Thank you for the deal!

Full Story:
Well, I didn't go the Kmart closest to me because last time they didn't have Deus Ex on release date. I was told the shipment was "Delayed", so I decided I didn't want to go there anymore.

Sooo, I went to a different Kmart that was further away, hoping they would be more organized. I was wrong. They didn't have any of the games that came out today. In fact they had a R&C: A41 sign up behind the glass but no game. It wasn't sold out, it just wasn't there. It was store #4467.

Anyway, I thought I would give the Deus Ex failure store one more chance so I drove all the way there (these 2 stores are in complete opposite direction from where I live). To my surprise they had Arkham City! In fact, the lady who told me Deux Ex didn't make it in last time was also working today, and once I told her I wanted to get a game she already knew I was looking for Batman. She said it was pretty popular this morning, so I guess I wasn't the first one there (around 10:00AM). So, that leads me to believe that the Deus Ex issue probably wasn't her fault, as she seems on top of what's going on. Maybe it really didn't make it to that store in time. Thinking back, she did tell me which stores DID have it, and she knew what game I was talking about so maybe I was a bit harsh by banning myself from that KMart. I did see Deus Ex this time though, as well as the free picture that was supposed to come with it! Ahh well, too late.

Also, there was this other customer there who asked me what game I got. I told him "Arkham City" and his response was "I already have that game, I play it all the time."

I thought that was interesting. Maybe he though I meant Arkham Asylum?

Any chance we can use the LotR coupon on something else? It's a nice gesture but I had no intention of picking up that game. Would be sweet if it could be converted into a general gaming coupon.

[quote name='nickawesome']Was in and out in 5 minutes in Beaverton, OR. No hassles and plenty of copies left. Wasn't originally going to buy this but I can't resist a 30 dollar coupon that works perfectly for Uncharted 3 in a few weeks[/QUOTE] Nice! I had the same experience at this store using my StarFox coupon. They've gotten better with each coupon deal. The game wasn't on the shelf when I got there about 9:30 a.m., but the employee was in the process of putting them out. He even commented that KMARTGamer has some excellent deals for people who keep buying.

Thanks, Josh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back