KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wissy']Is the PS3 headset supposed to ring up for $69.99 when you buy both? I just bought them and it rang up as $99.99 and the guy had a manager override to $79.99 because that is what the price tag said.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy BF3 in the same transaction with your SYWR card?

Went to NYC Astor Pl Kmart around 9:15am, probably got the last PS3 LE copy of Battlefield 3. The coupon printed fine. They sold out all LE for Xbox 360, and only about 5 copies of regular version left. Not sure the amount for PS3 ones, looked like no more than 5 on the shelf. I really want Pokemon Rumble Blast and Kirby, but they didn't receive them. That electronics woman said the only new game she put on shelf this morning was Battlefield 3.

Called Penn Station like 30 minutes ago for Pokemon and Kirby, nothing in stock. I also ran to BB for the Pokemon game, and I was surprised that they did not receive it too. Toys R Us also do not have it yet. Something really strange for this week's Nintendo releases...

[quote name='wissy']Is the PS3 headset supposed to ring up for $69.99 when you buy both? I just bought them and it rang up as $99.99 and the guy had a manager override to $79.99 because that is what the price tag said.[/QUOTE]

just checked my receipt, and it shows 99.99 and below that shows "headset savings" -30.00.
bringing it to 69.99, hope that helps

Big thanks to the KmartGamer help team. Went to 2 stores here in Columbus, GA this morning that claimed they didn't have it. I got a quick response from the help team who immediately tracked down the problem and notified me I could pick it up. Just got back from the store and got BF3 LE and the X12. There were probably 3 LE for 360 left and maybe 10 regular.
The headset rings up correctly at the end.

[quote name='Blaster man']Josh, could you PLEASE list the new clearance drops as you previously promised?[/QUOTE]

He didn't "promise" anything other than saying he should have it up by the end of the week.

Since it takes K-Mart up to a week to all be on the same page with clearance items and even then there's no guarantee, I don't get all the non-stop questions about it.

[quote name='anumeric']just checked my receipt, and it shows 99.99 and below that shows "headset savings" -30.00.
bringing it to 69.99, hope that helps[/QUOTE]

Thanks I may have to take my receipt and see if I can get them to change it. The problem seems that it was price modified to $79.99 so the coupon did not show up.

[quote name='Bosamba']I told my electronics guy that I read on the Kmart gamer blog that they did receive adequate PS3 copies in each store and if he had returned from the back empty handed, I was willing to call a manager over. I've read too many stories in this thread about Josh telling an unhappy gamer that the store they had visited did in fact receive plenty of copies of a particular title and the gamer, after having taken time ouf of their day, being apathetic up about going back to the store wasting more of their time/gas.

Do not let them tell you they never received copies. Be assertive :argue:[/QUOTE]

Oh I knew they have it somewhere, even told her there is no way they old got a dance kinect game and some shovelware to put out today. One of the biggest releases of the year didn't come in. Alas I just got off work and didn't feel like fighting it further, but I did let her know that I was correct in a polite manner.

Well I had an absolutely horrible experience at my K-Mart in Overland Park, Kansas. I went in to pick up BF3 for the Xbox 360. When I arrived I went to the back where the guy who is normally in electronics was, and asked him to let me into the case. We went over and I watched him open it up, and flip through to see how many Limited Editions were left. He said, "I better get mine out too, not many of the special ones left." He took the last Limited Edition for himself, and left me with a normal one.

I pushed the issue and said that I asked for it first, and he should give me the Limited Edition. He said "I don't have to do anything you say. Do you want the freaking game or not?" I said I was going to report this to his manager, he said "good luck".

I just left. I don't know if I'll ever shop there again.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']Well I had an absolutely horrible experience at my K-Mart in Overland Park, Kansas. I went in to pick up BF3 for the Xbox 360. When I arrived I went to the back where the guy who is normally in electronics was, and asked him to let me into the case. We went over and I watched him open it up, and flip through to see how many Limited Editions were left. He said, "I better get mine out too, not many of the special ones left." He took the last Limited Edition for himself, and left me with a normal one.

I pushed the issue and said that I asked for it first, and he should give me the Limited Edition. He said "I don't have to do anything you say. Do you want the freaking game or not?" I said I was going to report this to his manager, he said "good luck".

I just left. I don't know if I'll ever shop there again.[/QUOTE]

fucking asshole hope he gets RROD.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']Well I had an absolutely horrible experience at my K-Mart in Overland Park, Kansas. I went in to pick up BF3 for the Xbox 360. When I arrived I went to the back where the guy who is normally in electronics was, and asked him to let me into the case. We went over and I watched him open it up, and flip through to see how many Limited Editions were left. He said, "I better get mine out too, not many of the special ones left." He took the last Limited Edition for himself, and left me with a normal one.

Say what! Oh I will have fun with this one if you get a chance to email us.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Say what! Oh I will have fun with this one if you get a chance to email us.[/QUOTE]

And this is exactly the reason I continue to give K-Mart so many chances. If something goes wrong, Josh is right on top of it. :)

[quote name='SuperMario64']So... did anyone here get Kirby? I will certainly pick that up over BF3...

I may be the only one though D:[/QUOTE]

wasnt on display but they were able to pull the box out from the back for me when i asked...

[quote name='chriscolbert']He didn't "promise" anything other than saying he should have it up by the end of the week.

Since it takes K-Mart up to a week to all be on the same page with clearance items and even then there's no guarantee, I don't get all the non-stop questions about it.[/QUOTE]
I am waiting for someone who operates the system to provide me an excel sheet of all the drops the very moment I receive it I'll work on posting but may need our good ole' friend Confoocious's help to format it for CAG.

[quote name='Mad39er']34th st report not getting in BF3in NYC. They're also saying Astor doesn't have it in. WTF?

Edit : Kmart on Richmond ave in SI is closing and is not stocking circular stuff or new merch.[/QUOTE]
They are not correct, we have the POD.

The Uninformed employes and employes like that guy will make people not want to shop at kmart. I too hope he gets red ringed

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am waiting for someone who operates the system to provide me an excel sheet of all the drops the very moment I receive it I'll work on posting but may need our good ole' friend Confoocious's help to format it for CAG.[/QUOTE]

Just send it on over.

I'll go to every kmart in the country and pick up all the good stuff first. muhahah!

by the way josh, is there a way to tell kmart that my particular store is awesome? Specifically the electronics guys?

Another game purchased at Kmart. Luckily I picked up the limited edition...was surprised they only had 1 each for both systems.

went to my KMart at 11 to see if they had any limited editions left of bf3 and i was able to get one. used my batman: ac $30 coupon and got bf3 for $32.?? :). when the lady pulled it out of the case there was a limited edition version behind the one i got and there were about 6 copies behind that one too (but idk if they were all limited edition or what not). the good thing about my KMart is that no one really shops there, at least for video games lol.

my customer service has been great so far too.

North Charleston, SC. Rivers Ave KMart

Bad start for me. So I tried to get the x12 headsets with the ps3 version of battlefield 3. The computer wouldn't authorize it. It had to be matching systems. So I bought the xbox 360 bundle to get the deal thinking I'd be able to exchange the xbox 360 copy for a ps3 version. I go to customer service to do the exchange and was told that nothing can be done to just swap the games, because the computer doesn't allow it. So I just decided to return them. Little did I know that the $20 coupon I used was non refundable. Is there anyway you can help me out Josh? Please

[quote name='41down']wasnt on display but they were able to pull the box out from the back for me when i asked...[/QUOTE]

You're lucky - at my local K-Mart, apparently there's only one person who is able to open up the box so they said to try back after 2pm. This is the part where I always get burned - trying to actually USE the coupon I successfully got the week before. So tired of this... please, no more $30 coupons to get me sucked back in. I know I'm now going to have to waste it on PSN cards.

The guy in electronics just didn't want to go look. He started off by saying they just didn't get it in and maybe it was in the shipment they got today, but he didn't know.... and he wouldn't look. Come back after 2. Sure, no problem. I'll spend 40 minutes in the car to hope I can get someone who can actually fetch something out of a box in the back. There was another customer there wanting a game, too, and was turned away as well. I don't get it. This guy was the same guy unpacking Arkham City last week, but today he isn't able to open a box?

[quote name='gabolous']Bad start for me. So I tried to get the x12 headsets with the ps3 version of battlefield 3. The computer wouldn't authorize it. It had to be matching systems. So I bought the xbox 360 bundle to get the deal thinking I'd be able to exchange the xbox 360 copy for a ps3 version. I go to customer service to do the exchange and was told that nothing can be done to just swap the games, because the computer doesn't allow it. So I just decided to return them. Little did I know that the $20 coupon I used was non refundable. Is there anyway you can help me out Josh? Please[/QUOTE]

I had a similar issue this morning. Send Josh or Mark an email at [email protected]. Mark was incredibly helpful.

I knew something like that would happen.

Last year, I ran into an employee there (most likely a different one) who told me he had first dibs on the Fallout: New Vegas coasters. At the time, he didn't know when they'd arrive or how many copies they'd receive. I was pretty much peeved at the whole thing. The guy read Josh's blog too.

He should at least have the decency to check the Olathe store for you.

Shhh! They found me. (logs off network)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']They are not correct, we have the POD.[/QUOTE]
Somehow I thought that was the case, I remember seeing your tracking number info posted in the thread. Is it because the two Manhattan stores are possibly Unionized that they're so annoying?

I did manage to pick up the Limited Edition for PS3 personally at the New Dorp location in Staten Island. Shame 34th street struck out for us, that Richmond Ave is closing and I got lucky in New Dorp.

Picked up a headset and BF3 LE for PS3, coupon printed, got $30 off on the receipt for the Sony headset. There are like 3-4 LEs for PS3, 1 headset for PS3 in the case and like 8-9 LEs for 360. The rest are regular editions stacked. Initially the gentleman Mohammed told me they didn't get the LE and I pointed it out to him and he was surprised, asked the difference, told him and clued him in. Said somebody named Mike made the exact same earlier purchase as me.

I had to settle for a non LE edition for 360 because store #3202 Westwood NJ said they never got any LEs in stock. I told them it might be in a different box but they were rude. After saying I would take the regular BF3 since I want to play the game so bad I stood there for 10 min while the lady organized the video game section. I could have started yelling and whatnot but I wasnt in the mood. Who exactly am I supposed to email about complaints?

Edit - Also no coupon for the headset

[quote name='BrandonJF']You're lucky - at my local K-Mart, apparently there's only one person who is able to open up the box so they said to try back after 2pm. This is the part where I always get burned - trying to actually USE the coupon I successfully got the week before. So tired of this... please, no more $30 coupons to get me sucked back in. I know I'm now going to have to waste it on PSN cards.

The guy in electronics just didn't want to go look. He started off by saying they just didn't get it in and maybe it was in the shipment they got today, but he didn't know.... and he wouldn't look. Come back after 2. Sure, no problem. I'll spend 40 minutes in the car to hope I can get someone who can actually fetch something out of a box in the back. There was another customer there wanting a game, too, and was turned away as well. I don't get it. This guy was the same guy unpacking Arkham City last week, but today he isn't able to open a box?[/QUOTE]

ouch! ive been off the coupon train since dec of last year due to the same reasons. very unorganized, never had the game on release, rude employees, and the simple fact that it would take me 15 mins just to get someone to come over to electronics for me. the batman coupon sucked me back in too, and luckily the past two weeks have been much more pleasant then things were last year.

[quote name='confoosious']Just send it on over.

I'll go to every kmart in the country and pick up all the good stuff first. muhahah!

by the way josh, is there a way to tell kmart that my particular store is awesome? Specifically the electronics guys?[/QUOTE]
Just shoot me an email and I'll send it to our Director of Ops and copy the store manager!

[quote name='strait edge follower']The Uninformed employes and employes like that guy will make people not want to shop at kmart. I too hope he gets red ringed[/QUOTE]
It's not like we are setting the world on fire with our success as a company. Should be fighting for every sale.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']
Well I had an absolutely horrible experience at my K-Mart in Overland Park, Kansas. I went in to pick up BF3 for the Xbox 360. When I arrived I went to the back where the guy who is normally in electronics was, and asked him to let me into the case. We went over and I watched him open it up, and flip through to see how many Limited Editions were left. He said, "I better get mine out too, not many of the special ones left." He took the last Limited Edition for himself, and left me with a normal one.

I just left. I don't know if I'll ever shop there again.
[/QUOTE]

Yikes, I knew Kmart employees weren't paid much in Missouri, least that's what I heard. That's just ridiculous, kind of makes a lazy Kmart employee, who doesn't really want to do their job look like an employee of the month!

I give my Kmart plenty of chances and I'd say about 3 out of the 4 experiences are positive. The 1 out of 4 is usually something that can be written off like obvious personal problems, bad timing, or understaffed.

I hope you get something out of this like a gift card or something. ;) I'd say fire that character, but that probably won't fix anything in the long run.

Josh, Can you explain the Uncharted 3 PS3 bundle? I am curious to know what the $35 game is for next week? Can I use that towards another full priced game if there is nothing of interest at $35 or will it just act like a $35 gaming coupon?

My ps3 recently YLOD and I plan on buying this bundle next week and just trying to figure out where to buy it. Also I have the $30 coupon from Batman and was wondering if it will work towards this bundle as well?

Thanks

First bad experience in awhile...Went to my go-to-store (#3363, anaheim, ca). Jaime (helpful guy, BTW) was already calling nearby stores (gulp!). THEY HAD NOT RECEIVED ANY COPIES AS OF THIS MORNING (830AM). He told me that the Costa Mesa store had 'lots'.

Drove the 1hr through traffic to pick up @ costa mesa (store 4047). They had 4 more LE of 360 and 3 LE of ps3 as of 930am. Paul there def. knew what was up. $20 coupon came out fine. Just wasted 1hr of my day off (plus 20more min getting home).

[quote name='Donut2922']Bump[/QUOTE]

UPC of the 360 LE (from my receipt) is

on the actual box bar code theres another 4 after the last '3' above.

LEs are kept in the register @ this store. Countless copies of the standard are in the display cases. Good luck

PS3 Limited Edition UPC if anybody needs it is 014633195927 from the box, 01463319592 from the receipt. PS3 headset is 711719808503 from the box and 71171980850 from the receipt.

[quote name='DaBoltz']First bad experience in awhile...Went to my go-to-store (#3363, anaheim, ca). Jaime (helpful guy, BTW) was already calling nearby stores (gulp!). THEY HAD NOT RECEIVED ANY COPIES AS OF THIS MORNING (830AM). He told me that the Costa Mesa store had 'lots'.

Drove the 1hr through traffic to pick up @ costa mesa (store 4047). They had 4 more LE of 360 and 3 LE of ps3 as of 930am. Paul there def. knew what was up. $20 coupon came out fine. Just wasted 1hr of my day off (plus 20more min getting home).[/QUOTE]
Maybe it's me, but this doesn't sound that bad, aside from the traffic and weird shipment SNAFU.

So, this is freakin' awesome:

8718719033.jpg

Just picked one up over here with my $30 dollar coupon from last week.
I was shocked they only had 2 in stock and the store had been open for less than 2 hours.
It will definitely sell out by noon, glad I went early.

The electronics lady at my Kmart store said that her managers question her every time she makes a video game sale with a coupon. She said they were grilling her "Why have you been selling so many games with coupons"? and looking over her previous sales.

She said now she has to ID everybody who uses a coupon.

I also didn't get the coupon for the headset but I'm happy with the $20 dollars off, if Kmart continues to offer these deals i will continue to shop there.

Thanks guys. If anybody has the upc from the regular non-limited editionboxes please post them up to. My kmart is out of LEs so im thinking of just returning kmarts to another store that carries an LE.

[quote name='iSuperfly']The electronics lady at my Kmart store said that her managers question her every time she makes a video game sale with a coupon. She said they were grilling her "Why have you been selling so many games with coupons"? and looking over her previous sales.

She said now she has to ID everybody who uses a coupon.[/QUOTE]
Does she work on Tuesdays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back