KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Some very disappointing news. Almost, starting to feel that I should've gone with the BB $100 RZ offer. I really need to think this over and rethink my purchases. Since now the purchase AFTER coupon has to be greater than $110, I'll be spending about $200 before the coupons are applied

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Everything mentioned here is complete true and should be noted for all questions about the deal. The bolded the redemption period on the blog for everyone to reference and the redemption period is in the ad. Please make sure you have a plan for the coupon to make sure you don't forget about it!

Also, the coupon rules have always been that if you use a coupon it devalues the purchase just as a heads up. Think of this as almost a extended B2G1. The following week's offer has a similar theme actually.[/QUOTE]Thanks for confirming, Josh; it looks like I'll have to do some serious thinking on this one.

I'm very interested in the last thing you said--could you elaborate, or will that have to wait a week?

MW3 deal is very lackluster for the PS3 side. Glad the Xbox types get their stuff though. Looks like the BF3 $20 coupon is going to be spent on a PSN card. Glad to hop on the coupon train, glad to hop right off.

Just read the blog and that sounds awesome. I just wanted to clear one thing up. This may be obvious and probably already covered, so sorry ahead of time. But that $50 credit , in order to get it you can spend 110 on ANY games, or does MW3 have to be included? I'm not sure because the way the blog is written, it's a tad confusing simply because you talk up Modern Warfare 3 and then go to the deal, which makes you think that maybe MW3 has to be included. But when you mention the deal, it does say any software. I would think from what i read that it is $110 on any games, but I just want to make sure. Cause that would be awesome, since I'm not a MW kinda guy. Thanks in advance, and again, sorry if this was covered and/or is obvious

Josh - you are an evil genious. That uncharted 3 and sony headphones discount followed by a $50 coupon is going to hurt my wallet. Those are some crazy deals.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Ok i got a question for the mw3 deal. Can i like,buy 2 copy of the mw 3 for 360 and get two 15 coupon and the 50 coupon?[/QUOTE]

No thats not how it works. You won't get $15 coupons at all. The deal is based on total spent. If you just buy anything from $40-$109, you get a $15 coupon only. If you spend $110+ you'll get the $50 coupon.

In the case of buying 2 copies of MW3, assuming you aren't using coupons for the purchase, your total would be $120 pre-tax so you would get a $50 coupon back.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Ok i got a question for the mw3 deal. Can i like,buy 2 copy of the mw 3 for 360 and get two 15 coupon and the 50 coupon?[/QUOTE]

Um, no. Just the $50 would apply.

[quote name='JP73']Just read the blog and that sounds awesome. I just wanted to clear one thing up. This may be obvious and probably already covered, so sorry ahead of time. But that $50 credit , in order to get it you can spend 110 on ANY games, or does MW3 have to be included? I'm not sure because the way the blog is written, it's a tad confusing simply because you talk up Modern Warfare 3 and then go to the deal, which makes you think that maybe MW3 has to be included. But when you mention the deal, it does say any software. I would think from what i read that it is $110 on any games, but I just want to make sure. Cause that would be awesome, since I'm not a MW kinda guy. Thanks in advance, and again, sorry if this was covered and/or is obvious[/QUOTE]

Any games.

So any $40 purchase will trigger the coupon? Not bad.

How bout if you buy a 39.99 3DS game for example? I'm guessing I'd be a penny short, correct?

I don't think I missed this being confirmed/denied yet, but will XBL Point cards count as "gaming software" toward the $40/$110 spend limits like last time?

[quote name='kingsnuff']Lol hey I did say I didn't care about it! Its finally open! (proceeds to knock over 3 soccer moms, small price to pay to be a cag)
[/QUOTE]
Aaaaactually, you said you did care. You said you "could care less", which means you're capable of caring less, which means there's a non-zero level of caring on your part. Had you said you "couldn't care less", then you'd be saying you don't care. :booty:

[quote name='SuperMario64']So any $40 purchase will trigger the coupon? Not bad.

How bout if you buy a 39.99 3DS game for example? I'm guessing I'd be a penny short, correct?[/QUOTE]

Correct. Needs to be $40.00+ before tax

[quote name='chriscolbert']Any games.[/QUOTE]

Much obliged.

So I guess NHL 12( if I don't buy this week for 40) and Return to Dreamland gets me 109.98 and a clearance/bargain game puts me over. Maybe they will have SMG 2 for 20 bucks still. Ok, I got my gameplan set

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Interesting to see the return of the staggered coupon deal, though I'm surprised and disappointed it's not the following week, when there's like 6 or 7 titles releasing the same day. Since I'm getting Skyrim for PC, and holding off on MW3, there's not much incentive there for me (personally, of course, but I can see this being huge for others.)

I'm kind of unsure how to proceed, anyways. I have BF3 from Amazon with credit, but with no credit on UC3/AC:R, I'd rather just get it from Kmart. But I don't know that I'd get an LE by the time I get there today.

The full web presence really needs to get up and running. Not having PC titles (due to the scale of stock needed for B&M) is really starting to get depressing, since my focus is shifting that way and I can't therefore participate in the Coupon Train like I used to. The train is leaving the station without me.[/QUOTE]
The following week has a very similar multi title deal. hint.

Picked up Kirby today. Used $30 credit from Batman and got $15 credit for future purchase. Will either use it on Mario 3DS (depending on credit for that game) or two copies of MW3 to get $50 credit.

[quote name='wwe101']the COD deal seems meh $30 coupon with purchase (like batman) would have been cooler[/QUOTE]

Of course it would have. Too bad K-Mart is also in the business of trying to make the occasional dollar instead of just giving it away.

My how we spoil easily.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The following week has a very similar multi title deal. hint.[/QUOTE]

But if we cash in our coupons that following week, how will we hit the trigger amount for that multi-title deal? I was hoping things would go back to the game-specific coupons, since I'll be picking up at least two or three titles.

[quote name='lilman']Picked up Kirby today. Used $30 credit from Batman and got $15 credit for future purchase. Will either use it on Mario 3DS (depending on credit for that game) or two copies of MW3 to get $50 credit.[/QUOTE]
That's what I plan on doing. Good to hear someone finally acknowledging the little pink puffball.

[quote name='confoosious']$110 huh? There's a Gears 2 Limited Edition at my store. Maybe it's time to buy.[/QUOTE]

gears 2 still D:?

and hmmm if I can find MW3 hardened, will buy with 4000 pts and use $10 coupon from Doritos!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']But if we cash in our coupons that following week, how will we hit the trigger amount for that multi-title deal? I was hoping things would go back to the game-specific coupons, since I'll be picking up at least two or three titles.[/QUOTE]

Buy 3 new games! $50 will make it almost like you are paying for 2 while getting another big coupon back to use for black friday.

[quote name='jorgito831']Question for Josh or anybody that knows, if I return a game I purchased with a gaming coupon, do I get store credit?[/QUOTE]

You get whatever "cash" you paid for it. The coupon (and its value) is non-refundable.

If you bought a $59.99 game and used a $20 coupon, you'd get the $39.99 back and that's all. No coupon, no credit for the coupon.

[quote name='lilman']Picked up Kirby today. Used $30 credit from Batman and got $15 credit for future purchase. Will either use it on Mario 3DS (depending on credit for that game) or two copies of MW3 to get $50 credit.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that again, you WILL NOT get the $50 if you use a coupon when buying two $59.99 games because that puts you UNDER $110.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Keep in mind that again, you WILL NOT get the $50 if you use a coupon when buying two $59.99 games because that puts you UNDER $110.[/QUOTE]

59.99 x 2 = 119.98

EDIT: Oh wait, he was using an old coupon. I bad at reading.

Love all the deals Kmart has had but whats up with the whole $110 before coupon thing? Hope its not a sign of things to come.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Love all the deals Kmart has had but whats up with the whole $110 before coupon thing? Hope its not a sign of things to come.[/QUOTE]

Usually coupons are tied to a specific title, no matter whether you use a coupon on it or not. Hence the "coupon train".

For example, buy NBA 2K12 for $59.99, get a $20 coupon. Use $20 coupon on Batman:AC and pay $39.99, get a $30 coupon to use on another game an so on.

Well when there is a value assigned to trigger the coupon since it's good on all games, that value has to be met after any coupons you may want to use in order to get the new coupon. I'm pretty sure that this will just be implemented for those couple of weeks in November and will not be the norm going forward.

[quote name='major morgan']You get whatever "cash" you paid for it. The coupon (and its value) is non-refundable.

If you bought a $59.99 game and used a $20 coupon, you'd get the $39.99 back and that's all. No coupon, no credit for the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I guess I'll try to sell it.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Love all the deals Kmart has had but whats up with the whole $110 before coupon thing? Hope its not a sign of things to come.[/QUOTE]Are you kidding? It is better than the $120 threshold from before. You get a $50 coupon for buying any 2 recent releases. Aside from the TRU B2G1, Where are you going to do better?

My Kmart is usually pretty solid but today was not a shining moment.

Go to electronics, look for SMG 2 amongst 19.99 games. Not there. Find in case, ask for it to be price checked (after the story below) Rings up 49.99. But first this happened.

Look in case for Dance Central 2, Battlefield 3 and Kinect Sports. None are in case. Ask associate if they got the new releases in. She says "No not today." without hesitation. I say, "Really, you didn't get DC 2, Kinect Sports 2 or Battlefield...for either system?" Answer "Let me check in the back." She emerges with a box with all 3 games. (So much for not getting them in). Then I proceed to ask about Battlefield LE. We look through the small box but there were none in there. I ask if there was a second box perhaps, she says no (again without hesitation). Now if I understand the op correctly all stores were getting some. Given that these games were still unearthed "in the back" before my arrival, it seems unlikely that they didn't have any.

Now I will say that she was pleasant and helpful-ish, but definitely not as thorough as one would hope. That said, I'd rather have polite and helpful(ish) than jerky.

Holy shit on the Uncharted 3 deal. Considering I already own the 7.1 headset, looks like I'll be making some money on this deal. Should be just about able to cover the cost of Uncharted 3 after the $30 Batman coupon. Too sweet!

[quote name='Mad39er']MW3 deal is very lackluster for the PS3 side. Glad the Xbox types get their stuff though. Looks like the BF3 $20 coupon is going to be spent on a PSN card. Glad to hop on the coupon train, glad to hop right off.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, for PS3 owners on the coupon train this deal isn't good at all. I bought Arkham City with the assumption I would get to use the $30 on MW3 and then get at least a $20 coupon back, but now I get absolutely nothing. This might be the first time in a while I buy a game from somewhere other than K-Mart.

Wow Josh! :hot: You really are twisting my arm w/ this PS3 system deal! Not to mention the UC3 / PS3 headset deal! So w/ the $30 coupon from Batman I'd be looking @ $90 or so for UC3 & the sony headset & getting another $20 coupon... seems like a no brainer.

I was gonna buy my PS3 @ gamestop since I have $100 in credit there but I'll just use that to buy games Kmart doesn't/won't carry such as Catherine or say King of Fighters.

I have read through a couple pages, and am a little confused.

(1) Can someone explain the $110, $50 coupon deal. I don't see anything about it in from the OP.

(2) What is the deal with people complaining about not being able to use a coupon on MW3? Something about not getting a second coupon it seems.

[quote name='ebojo']I have read through a couple pages, and am a little confused.

(1) Can someone explain the $110, $50 coupon deal. I don't see anything about it in from the OP.

(2) What is the deal with people complaining about not being able to use a coupon on MW3? Something about not getting a second coupon it seems.[/QUOTE]
spend $110+ in gaming stuff and get a $50 coupon that works till thanksgiving but you can't use any previously acquired coupons on this deal if it drops what you pay to below that $110 and MW3 doesn't have it's own coupon :|

[quote name='orangecrush']Are you kidding? It is better than the $120 threshold from before. You get a $50 coupon for buying any 2 recent releases. Aside from the TRU B2G1, Where are you going to do better?[/QUOTE]

No i get that but not allowing you to use past coupons is putting a hamper on it for
me. I know in the end its still a bussiness but that little restriction had me scratching my head.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']No i get that but not allowing you to use past coupons is putting a hamper on it for
me. I know in the end its still a bussiness but that little restriction had me scratching my head.[/QUOTE]
Same as before actually. I would allow it but it is actually a system thing more than a restriction deal.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Love all the deals Kmart has had but whats up with the whole $110 before coupon thing? Hope its not a sign of things to come.[/QUOTE]
Most people actually loved it back in Easter, one of the best selling offers we have ever run to be honest. The only complaint is that buying 2 games didn't net you the coupon. We lowered the threshold to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back