KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dino88']Everything Kain said is correct. Point cards were eligible the last time Kmart ran this sale... [/quote]He was wrong about point cards every being considered "software." The difference with the MW3 deal is that it is software exclusive, while the last deal was not.
you have always been able to use gaming coupons on point cards.
Who said otherwise? Kain wrote "points cards have always been considered software. After all, just look at your coupons. They can only be used on software -- points cards included."

This is incorrect. Here is the coupon verbiage: "$XX off regular, sale or clearance priced gaming purchase...." The coupons (with very few exceptions) have never been software exclusive.

There are too many butt-hurt whiners in this thread. The better the deals get, the more they complain.

First off, the last time Kmart did the 40/120 promo for the coupons, you are correct. Points cards worked. Why did they work? They were specifically keyed in to work to help those who got to $119.98 break the $120 barrier. And ONLY $20 cards were keyed in, not the $50 cards. Actually, if I remember correctly, it was only Xbox cards too, not PS3 or Nintendo, but I might be wrong. But I know even with Xbox, it was ONLY the 1600 point cards working because they were specifically added to the sale manually. That's it.
No points added this time since you don't need anything to help you with an extra two cents if you are buying two brand new $60 games.
And if you're that stuck for needing a few extra cents, check the newly released clearance list! Shit, you can get AC/DC Rock Band for $3 now. If that's not cheap enough to help you with your two pennies, not sure what to tell you. Granted, not every Kmart still has those left in stock, but I've seen a ton of them at most Kmarts I've gone to.

Also, saw a few questions that went unanswered best that I saw, so here's a few answers that I made up in my mind.

[quote name='dino88']Question about the clearance list...
OBLIVION-GOTY PS3 12610 - $14.99
Is that the newest version that comes in the steel book?[/QUOTE]
No. The new one is the 5th Anniversary edition. The GOTY Edition was the one with the darker cover. The only difference between the two is no bonus behind the scenes disc and no steelbook.

[quote name='Kain']Well, this is kinda sucking. No special saving on either game for PS3 owners, the best I can get out of this is buying the two games seperately and getting two $15 coupons. Losing pretty much $20 simply because of two pennies.[/QUOTE]
Getting $30 in coupons for buying the two games separately is still better than getting $15 for buying them together. And check the clearance list. There ARE options out there to fill that extra two cents. Again, look for AC/DC Rock Band. That's $3. Even if you get it on a platform you don't want it on or even own, $3 to get $20 in coupons is a pretty good trade off. Then take it to GameStop for $0.25.

[quote name='haddes911']Hey, I'm new to the Kmart Gamer's thing. I purchased Arkham City and got my $30 off coupon and was wondering if I could use that coupon on their website for a preorder? Or is it an in store only coupon? If so can I preorder games at Kmart in store? The game I want has a preorder bonus and I'd hate to miss it just because I don't have the thing preordered.[/QUOTE]
Gaming coupons are IN STORE ONLY. Kmart in-store does not have preorders.
What game are you wanting that comes with a preorder bonus? There's a good chance that the "preorder" item might be something that's just included in all first run copies of the game like The Rock is with WWE 12.

[quote name='Gore']Kinect sports + Kinects sports 2 for $75 + $15 coupon. Are they bundled together?
Would it work to get Dance Central + Kinect sports 2 for $75 + $15 coupon? Thanks[/QUOTE]
Sadly, you can't mix and match. I was hoping to get Kinect Sports 2 and the first Dance Central and it did not work. You gotta buy them as bundled in the ad.

This was a fun way to spend my 4am!

Thanks for the reply, WWE 12 with the Rock is what I'm looking at getting. So, I should be good to go getting the game there on launch day and it having a code with The Rock?

Just got an email from Kmart about an online only sale that they're holding

5% Off
All Video Games
Excludes Sale & Clearance
ONLINE ONLY
10% Off
Featured Accessories
Excludes Sale & Clearance
ONLINE ONLY

Online Only - Frightfully good deals this Friday & Saturday! Get 5 - 50% off featured items. Must be marked sold by kmart to be eligible. Final savings shown in cart. Excludes Everyday Great price, Red Tag Jewelry, As Seen On TV & Clearance. Offers valid October 28, 2011 - October 29, 2011.

Link: http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/dap_10151_10104_DAP_Frightfully+Good+Deals?catFilter=musicmoviesgaming&adCell=W2entertainment&adCell=W2

[quote name='NlessxNightmare']Where do i go to check if i got the $20 gaming coupon from battlefield 3?[/QUOTE]

See post #3

They print off on a second receipt at checkout and are available at all Kmart locations.
Always check that you have been given your coupon!

Was wondering, is there anyway I could have Josh make sure my store gets a copy of MW3:hardened edition? Thought I seen, talk, about someone emailing him the details. And he was able to make it happen. I plan on going into my kmart at 8:00am. But they never receive any of the special editions.

BTW just wanted to mention, how good the guys in the electronic are towards me my local kmart. They always have the new releases ready to go behind the counter. Normally I dont even have to tell theme what I there for.

Thanks for all the great deals Josh! You rock!

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Was wondering, is there anyway I could have Josh make sure my store gets a copy of MW3:hardened edition? Thought I seen, talk, about someone emailing him the details. And he was able to make it happen. I plan on going into my kmart at 8:00am. But they never receive any of the special editions.[/QUOTE]

Email Stock Boy at [email protected] to see if your store is getting any. It's probably too late at this point to change it if it isn't already getting one though.

"Total must be at least $110.00 before tax, discounts and/or coupons."

Is a gift card considered a discount or coupon in the Kmart system? If I buy, say, Skyrim and MW3 using a $50 gift card + the remaining balance in cash, will I get the $50 in coupons? This coupon system seems to getting a little convoluted. I finally get a few people to jump on the coupon train and this happens. They thought it was a bit confusing before.... Seems like it would be easier to just sell the games at a price minus the value of any coupons during release week to SYWR members. For example, sell Uncharted for $40 instead of giving a $20 coupon. Oh well, looks like a good time to jump off the train after spending way too much on games these past few months.

[quote name='brewin']"Total must be at least $110.00 before tax, discounts and/or coupons."

Is a gift card considered a discount or coupon in the Kmart system? If I buy, say, Skyrim and MW3 using a $50 gift card + the remaining balance in cash, will I get the $50 in coupons? This coupon system seems to getting a little convoluted. I finally get a few people to jump on the coupon train and this happens. They thought it was a bit confusing before.... Seems like it would be easier to just sell the games at a price minus the value of any coupons during release week to SYWR members. For example, sell Uncharted for $40 instead of giving a $20 coupon. Oh well, looks like a good time to jump off the train after spending way too much on games these past few months.[/QUOTE]

The deals simply wouldn't exist if they didn't go the coupon route. As a company with intent to make money, they bank on the fact that some coupons will not be used or that it will generate more revenue on the following visit.

You have nothing to worry about as far as this being "convoluted". As long as you buy at least 2 $59.99 games (or any combo that gets you over $110), you get $50 worth of coupons (a $35 and a $15) regardless of whether or not you use coupons, gift cards, or SYWR points. Simple as that. That's why it says "BEFORE tax, discounts and/or coupons" and not AFTER. There was initial concern that using a coupon would prevent things from playing out like that but that has since been clarified. So again, unless your friends are complete idiots everything will work just fine. ;)

[quote name='chriscolbert']The deals simply wouldn't exist if they didn't go the coupon route. As a company with intent to make money, they bank on the fact that some coupons will not be used or that it will generate more revenue on the following visit.

You have nothing to worry about as far as this being "convoluted". As long as you buy at least 2 $59.99 games (or any combo that gets you over $110), you get $50 worth of coupons (a $35 and a $15) regardless of whether or not you use coupons, gift cards, or SYWR points. Simple as that. That's why it says "BEFORE tax, discounts and/or coupons" and not AFTER. There was initial concern that using a coupon would prevent things from playing out like that but that has since been clarified. So again, unless your friends are complete idiots everything will work just fine. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. Ill just have to explain it to them slow and steady. So in all actuality, virtually every new release comes with a $25 coupon with the catch being that you have to buy at least 2. I can dig it.... Kmart is a business after all.... Gotta make that money!

I can just see it being intimidating to a lot of people that arent on the "coupon train". I bet a lot of people will be one and done with the new setup, even though it is technically a superior method as it maximizes value for the customer and sell-through for the company. Now that I look at it like that, Ill probably still spend way more than I intended to on games... Thanks dude, I had almost talked myself out of going broke this holiday season. When my woman starts bitchin at me, I will refer her to this thread ;)

Manager was standing in the electronics section when I checked out. Employee says "i already got two email signups" manager: " good job". Thought it was cool to see some employees care!

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Actually, if I remember correctly, it was only Xbox cards too, not PS3 or Nintendo, but I might be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo cards were excluded from that promotion, but both the XBox and PSN cards were keyed for it. Portal 2 and MK both triggered $10 off of a point card once per title. People who bought both games found that it would discount one card twice but still credited them for hitting the $120 threshold before that discount was applied.

I bought so much that day, much of it older games. Add my voice to those looking for another promotion involving PSN cards.

Finding $110+ worth of gaming software will be interesting. I've pretty much picked up all the less than $20 games I've wanted from Kmart just because I was there already for the coupon train, even if I use my $30 Batman coupon on Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

I mean it is looking like this if I do go through with it:
Transaction 1: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $50. ($15 coupon and another $15 coupon printout.)
Transaction 2: $30 game, $20 game, $20 game, $20 game, $10 game, and a $15 game. ($35 and $15.)

Looks like 4 coupons in 2 shots. $35, $15, $15, and $15 coupons.
Will this even work?

Edit: Yikes, I'll be spending about $156 plus tax if I save my $30 coupon for something else!

Question about the price drops. With the recent inconsistencies with the Mario galaxy 2 $19.99 thing and the $9.99 thing on the other thread, are those price drops good nationwide? Also, are they already in effect, and if not, when are they active. Thanks.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Finding $110+ worth of gaming software will be interesting. I've pretty much picked up all the less than $20 games I've wanted from Kmart just because I was there already for the coupon train, even if I use my $30 Batman coupon on Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

I mean it is looking like this if I do go through with it:
Transaction 1: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $50. ($15 coupon and another $15 coupon printout.)
Transaction 2: $30 game, $20 game, $20 game, $20 game, $10 game, and a $15 game. ($35 and $15.)

Looks like 4 coupons in 2 shots. $35, $15, $15, and $15 coupons.
Will this even work?

Edit: Yikes, I'll be spending about $156 plus tax if I save my $30 coupon for something else![/QUOTE]

I must be missing something. For MGS are you saying that you'll be using a $15 coupon towards it and then getting another one, or that you think you will be getting 2 $15 coupons? Because you would only get one but then you make the "4 coupons in 2 shots" comment which is just confusing the hell out of me.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I must be missing something. For MGS are you saying that you'll be using a $15 coupon towards it and then getting another one, or that you think you will be getting 2 $15 coupons? Because you would only get one but then you make the "4 coupons in 2 shots" comment which is just confusing the hell out of me.[/QUOTE]

No, I was wondering if I could get Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for $50 getting the $15 coupon that is being offered for it as well as another $15 coupon from spending $40+. 2 coupons in one shot there. I figured it wouldn't work getting 2 $15 coupons.

2 more from the $50 coupon ($35 and $15) for spending $110+ in a separate transaction.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']No, I was wondering if I could get Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for $50 getting the $15 coupon that is being offered for it as well as another $15 coupon from spending $40+. 2 coupons in one shot there.

2 more from the $50 coupon ($35 and $15) for spending $110+ in a separate transaction.[/QUOTE]Metal Gear Solid HD Collection doesn't have its own coupon deal, so you'll only get the one $15 coupon for spending $40. Not sure where you heard otherwise. :???:

EDIT: I just noticed in the OP that MGS HD Collection doesn't have "No coupon offer by itself" next to it, so I guess one might assume it would still have a deal. Maybe Josh or Stock Boy can confirm that it won't?

[quote name='Vigilante']Metal Gear Solid HD Collection doesn't have its own coupon deal, so you'll only get the one $15 coupon for spending $40. Not sure where you heard otherwise. :???:

EDIT: I just noticed in the OP that MGS HD Collection doesn't have "No coupon offer by itself" next to it, so I guess one might assume it would still have a deal. Maybe Josh or Stock Boy can confirm that it won't?[/QUOTE]

No games have individual coupons that week. I went ahead and updated the wiki so it hopefully won't be confusing to anyone.

Buying things as you describe, getting MGS by itself will net you just one $15 coupon for spending $40. The other $110+ purchase will get you another $15 and the $35 coupon. If the question is whether you can get the $15 during both transactions, then yes, that promotion caps at $100 in coupons per account. If the question is whether buying just MGS will get you two $15 coupons, the answer is no.

[quote name='chriscolbert']The deals simply wouldn't exist if they didn't go the coupon route. As a company with intent to make money, they bank on the fact that some coupons will not be used or that it will generate more revenue on the following visit.

You have nothing to worry about as far as this being "convoluted". As long as you buy at least 2 $59.99 games (or any combo that gets you over $110), you get $50 worth of coupons (a $35 and a $15) regardless of whether or not you use coupons, gift cards, or SYWR points. Simple as that. That's why it says "BEFORE tax, discounts and/or coupons" and not AFTER. There was initial concern that using a coupon would prevent things from playing out like that but that has since been clarified. So again, unless your friends are complete idiots everything will work just fine. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey i'm sorry I know this has been asked before but im still confused a little, say if i buy modern warfare and uncharted to bring my total over 120$ but than use my 30$ coupon from batman which brings it under the threshold, will I still get the 50$ in coupons? Thank you for your help and sorry for asking what im sure is a repeated question but figuring out how im gonna do this deal has my head hurting hahah

[quote name='svt1029']Hey i'm sorry I know this has been asked before but im still confused a little, say if i buy modern warfare and uncharted to bring my total over 120$ but than use my 30$ coupon from batman which brings it under the threshold, will I still get the 50$ in coupons? Thank you for your help and sorry for asking what im sure is a repeated question but figuring out how im gonna do this deal has my head hurting hahah[/QUOTE]

That seems to be the case, yes, you will get both coupons totaling $50 - if you are above the threshold before coupons..

I updated to OP with next week's ad.

October 30th through November 5th:

:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 $29.99
:360::ps3: Driver San Francisco $29.99
:360::ps3: Dark Souls $39.99
:360::ps3: Madden 12 $39.99
:360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $44.99

Save 20% on Sony PS3 accessories:
:ps3: Bluray remote control $19.99
:ps3: Bluetooth headset $39.99
:ps3: Dualshock 3 controller $43.99
:ps3: 7.1 surround sound stereo headset $79.99

:ps3: Buy Uncharted 3 and the Sony 7.1 surround sound stereo headset together for $120.

:ps3: Buy the 320GB PS3 Uncharted 3 bundle for $299.99, get Uncharted Dual Pack for free.

:360: Shop Your Way Rewards members only: Buy the Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle for $299.99, get a $50 gaming coupon.
Bundle includes 3 months of Xbox Live Gold, Halo Reach, and Fable 3.
* Gaming coupon valid from November 6 to December 17.

:3ds: Shop Your Way Rewards members only: Buy the Nintendo 3DS for $169.99, get a $25 gaming coupon.
* Gaming coupon valid from November 6 to December 17.

[quote name='Gerry P.']There are too many butt-hurt whiners in this thread. The better the deals get, the more they complain.[/QUOTE]I'm not whining, I'm critiquing. It's all in the delivery. Josh has always wanted feedback on the deals, I'm simply offering mine.

To me, this is not a good deal. If I have to buy MW3 and MGS separately, that comes up to $15 coupons a piece. Since when has a high-profile game, especially CoD, ever been released with a coupon less than $20? Hell, even Battlefield Batman came with a $30 coupon last week.

So while I applaud Josh for taking steps to avoid the problem caused last time by people missing out on the deal due to being short the two cents required for the $120 needed. Except this time around, one of the new games is only $50. So unless you're interested in both Modern Warfare and Skyrimjob, then you're completely out of luck. Points cards should be allowed on "reach $xx purchase" deals just for issues like this. Even if they have to make it so the system only allows one point card to count so as to avoid people making a full purchase of points cards, it's still better than how it's working this time.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']No points added this time since you don't need anything to help you with an extra two cents if you are buying two brand new $60 games.[/QUOTE]

Unless, of course, one of those brand new games happens to only be $50. Well, then you're outta luck.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']And if you're that stuck for needing a few extra cents, check the newly released clearance list! Shit, you can get AC/DC Rock Band for $3 now. If that's not cheap enough to help you with your two pennies, not sure what to tell you. Granted, not every Kmart still has those left in stock, but I've seen a ton of them at most Kmarts I've gone to.

That's $3. Even if you get it on a platform you don't want it on or even own, $3 to get $20 in coupons is a pretty good trade off. Then take it to GameStop for $0.25.[/QUOTE]

There's literally nothing on the clearance list that I would want that I don't already own. As far as buying something I don't want just to trade it in, there's two issues with that. First, the clearance racks at my K-Mart rarely ever have these $3 titles. You're usually looking at atleast $10 in that section. Second, that would require me to sell a game to GameStop and I have too much respect for myself than to sink that low.

[quote name='Kain']I'm not whining, I'm critiquing. It's all in the delivery. Josh has always wanted feedback on the deals, I'm simply offering mine.

To me, this is not a good deal. If I have to buy MW3 and MGS separately, that comes up to $15 coupons a piece. Since when has a high-profile game, especially CoD, ever been released with a coupon less than $20? Hell, even Battlefield came with a $30 coupon last week.[/QUOTE]
COD isn't being released with any coupon, and no COD game has had a coupon on release. There are MAP restrictions for offering COD with a discount or coupon deal directly. Aside from that, BF3 only got a $20 coupon, not $30, and it's not as high profile of a game as COD either.

Since when is a $15 coupon for a $50 game or a $60 game not a good deal by the way (not even factoring in the chance to get a discount on a LIVE subscription or 4000 MS pts if you get MW3)? You're not critiquing (well you may be somewhat but...), you're whining because the deal at hand doesn't fit exactly what you want. If you're so hung up on the idea that a big release should automatically have a $20 coupon, just think of it as getting $20 in coupons for MW3 and $10 in coupons for MGS. Problem solved. :roll:

[quote name='Kain']I'm not whining, I'm critiquing. It's all in the delivery. Josh has always wanted feedback on the deals, I'm simply offering mine.

To me, this is not a good deal. If I have to buy MW3 and MGS separately, that comes up to $15 coupons a piece. Since when has a high-profile game, especially CoD, ever been released with a coupon less than $20? Hell, even Battlefield came with a $30 coupon last week.

So while I applaud Josh for taking steps to avoid the problem caused last time by people missing out on the deal due to being short the two cents required for the $120 needed. Except this time around, one of the new games is only $50. So unless you're interested in both Modern Warfare and Skyrimjob, then you're completely out of luck. Points cards should be allowed on "reach $xx purchase" deals just for issues like this. Even if they have to make it so the system only allows one point card to count so as to avoid people making a full purchase of points cards, it's still better than how it's working this time.

Unless, of course, one of those brand new games happens to only be $50. Well, then you're outta luck.

There's literally nothing on the clearance list that I would want that I don't already own. As far as buying something I don't want just to trade it in, there's two issues with that. First, the clearance racks at my K-Mart rarely ever have these $3 titles. You're usually looking at atleast $10 in that section. Second, that would require me to sell a game to GameStop and I have too much respect for myself than to sink that low.[/QUOTE]

1. The fact that you wrote "Skyrimjob" is sad.
2. They never gave out a $30 coupon for Battlefield.
3. Activision's MAP limits options for Modern Warfare 3.
4. I have no doubt that for you, personally, it's not a good deal. But that doesn't mean it's not a good deal.
5. Find a better deal for MW3 than a $15 coupon.
6. I think Kmart should allow tissues to count as a gaming purchase.

[quote name='zelda2fanboy']Oh, Silent Hill Collection got delayed? Looks like I'm off the coupon train come Skyrim. :( Oh well. I'll be back if there's a Zelda deal.[/QUOTE]If you have a coupon to use on Skyrim, you can get a $15 coupon back provided you buy it on either 11/11 or 11/12, before the $40/$15 deal ends. You can then use that $15 coupon on Skyward Sword (which will definitely have a deal as confirmed on the Kmartgamer page on Facebook) and hopefully get a coupon back from that; just make sure you buy Skyward Sword before Thanksgiving (11/20-11/23), since the $15 coupon expires the day before. :D

[quote name='Bosamba']Not true at all in my case. Picked up both my preorders from Gamestop and Best Buy for Battlefield 3, entered the preorder bonus codes off the receipts, then returned the games the next day no problem.[/QUOTE]
What a douche.:roll:

[quote name='pjb16']COD isn't being released with any coupon, and no COD game has had a coupon on release. There are MAP restrictions for offering COD with a discount or coupon deal directly. Aside from that, BF3 only got a $20 coupon, not $30, and it's not as high profile of a game as COD either.

Since when is a $15 coupon for a $50 game or a $60 game not a good deal by the way (not even factoring in the chance to get a discount on a LIVE subscription or 4000 MS pts if you get MW3)? You're not critiquing (well you may be somewhat but...), you're whining because the deal at hand doesn't fit exactly what you want. If you're so hung up on the idea that a big release should automatically have a $20 coupon, just think of it as getting $20 in coupons for MW3 and $10 in coupons for MGS. Problem solved. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I stand corrected. It was Batman that gave a $30 coupon, not Battlefield.

Because $15 off of a $60 game only brings the price down to $45. Whereas you can typically wait a month and you'll usually find the game on sale somewhere for $40. If the coupon doesn't at least knock off a third of the price, it's usually worth waiting a month to buy it on sale for a cheaper price. And the discount on the LIVE subscription and MS Points cards is just a kick in the face to us PS3 players who get absolutely nothing extra for our purchase.

$10 off of MGS? That's a pretty high profile series right there too. $10 off of that is just insulting.

Having issues with the way the deal works doesn't make a critique a whine. It's not that the deal doesn't fit exactly what I want. My issue is that last time around, Josh thought it through to allow people to use the cards to get over the two cents they needed. That was a "get out of jail card", for lack of a better term, and quite frankly, great planning on his part. So aside from those people who were whining that they'd have to buy a card at a 50% discount to get over the two cents, it pretty much solved everyone's problem. This time around, he thought ahead to lower the target price to $110, which was good to solve the problem people had the last time, but he removed the points cards from counting, leaving those of us who are two cents short without a "get out of jail card" and in quite a bind. Whether or not it was an oversight on his part or deliberate, trying to make the deal work better for people this time around has only made it work worse for some of us.

the limited promo is all thanks to Activision!

if it was entirely up to Josh, you know for fact that he would try to hook us up with a $20+ promo for CoD...

seriously though guys, stop whining. This is actually the best deal out there for CoD.

[quote name='salty tbone']1. The fact that you wrote "Skyrimjob" is sad.[/QUOTE]
It was either that or "Elder Snores". I found the one I went with funnier. :D

If I can spare the cash I will be picking up a lot of cheap older ps3 games and maybe a couple of wii games for $80 or so after coupons. Too bad the ps3 system deal with the $50 coupon is the same week and not the week after.

2 questions guys sorry if they have already been answered

1. When will we know the details about "Buy X get X off select games."

2. If I buy Modern warfare 3 on the 8th and Skyrim on the 11th will I get 2 $15 coupons or one $15 on the 8th and a $35 on the 11th since I did spend over $110 between the 6th and the 12th just not in the same transaction.

Thanks guys

If I buy three $39.99 games on kmart.com (SFIV:AE, HOTD Overkill Ext, & Borderlands GOTY) would I get the $50 coupon? Or is this in store only?

[quote name='Gotenks']If I buy three $39.99 games on kmart.com (SFIV:AE, HOTD Overkill Ext, & Borderlands GOTY) would I get the $50 coupon? Or is this in store only?[/QUOTE]

In store only.

[quote name='Kain']It was either that or "Elder Snores". I found the one I went with funnier. :D[/QUOTE]

Listen I loved FF4(FF2 lol) on the SNES when I was a kid but Elder Scrolls is the king of RPGs these days. Lost Odyssey was the last great JRPG. Nowadays Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect rule the RPG world. And you are over there still talking about Cecil and Kain lol

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']Listen I loved FF4(FF2 lol) on the SNES when I was a kid but Elder Scrolls is the king of RPGs these days. Lost Odyssey was the last great JRPG. Nowadays Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect rule the RPG world. And you are over there still talking about Cecil and Kain lol[/QUOTE]FF4 was a classic epic. Just because it's old doesn't mean it can't stand up to the likes of today's RPGs. It's to Role Playing Games what Citizen Kane, Casablanca or Gone With The Wind are to movies.

While I prefer JRPGs far and away over American RPGs, that's not to say I don't like American RPGs or Modern RPGs. Amongst others, I've Platinum'd Dark Souls, Fallout 3 and I have both Mass Effects (even though I haven't had a chance to start them yet.) Lost Odyessey is XBox only, so I haven't played that one... But I borrowed my friend's copy of Elder Scrolls III back in the day and I just found it way too boring. He's excited for Skyrim, but if it's anything like ES3 was, I just won't be able to take it.

Lets say for the week of november 8th, I buy kirby return to dreamland which is $50, ratchet & clank:a4o which is $60 and a $20 game and i use a $20 coupon will i still get the $50 gaming coupon?

[quote name='Kain']FF4 was a classic epic. Just because it's old doesn't mean it can't stand up to the likes of today's RPGs. It's to Role Playing Games what Citizen Kane, Casablanca or Gone With The Wind are to movies.

While I prefer JRPGs far and away over American RPGs, that's not to say I don't like American RPGs or Modern RPGs. Amongst others, I've Platinum'd Dark Souls, Fallout 3 and I have both Mass Effects (even though I haven't had a chance to start them yet.) Lost Odyessey is XBox only, so I haven't played that one... But I borrowed my friend's copy of Elder Scrolls III back in the day and I just found it way too boring. He's excited for Skyrim, but if it's anything like ES3 was, I just won't be able to take it.[/QUOTE]

III? You mean Morrowind? It was a great game for its time as well but Skyrim will be much better. I think you should give it a shot.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/120/1200474p1.html?fb_ref=.TpzKGoHVwig.like&fb_source=profile_multiline

How does that not seem amazing to you? You can do whatever you want or follow the main story. If you were to attempt to explore the FF4 world...well...you know how that would go.

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Lets say for the week of november 8th, I buy kirby return to dreamland which is $50, ratchet & clank:a4o which is $60 and a $20 game and i use a $20 coupon will i still get the $50 gaming coupon?[/QUOTE]

yep, since its over 110 before u use your coupon. josh recently confirmed using coupons will not make u ineligible for the coupon (allegedly)

Sweet deal for skyrim, Mw3, and BF3. Almost like a buy 2 get 1 one the best release week in recent memory. Uncharted as well as an option. Also, lulz at the complainers.

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']2 questions guys sorry if they have already been answered

1. When will we know the details about "Buy X get X off select games."

2. If I buy Modern warfare 3 on the 8th and Skyrim on the 11th will I get 2 $15 coupons or one $15 on the 8th and a $35 on the 11th since I did spend over $110 between the 6th and the 12th just not in the same transaction.

Thanks guys[/QUOTE]
1. All that's been said about it is that it'll be revealed before MW3s release and that some of the titles in the deal include Skyrim, MW3, Saints Row, and AC:R

2. You'd only get two $15 coupons if you did it in separate transactions. It'd be nice if there was a way to set it up at least for Skyrim in that way though since it had to be retarded and release on a Friday.

To me, this is not a good deal. If I have to buy MW3 and MGS separately, that comes up to $15 coupons a piece. Since when has a high-profile game, especially CoD, ever been released with a coupon less than $20? Hell, even Battlefield Batman came with a $30 coupon last week.

There's literally nothing on the clearance list that I would want that I don't already own. As far as buying something I don't want just to trade it in, there's two issues with that. First, the clearance racks at my K-Mart rarely ever have these $3 titles. You're usually looking at atleast $10 in that section. Second, that would require me to sell a game to GameStop and I have too much respect for myself than to sink that low.[/QUOTE]

Big titles have received anywhere from $10-$30. Very rarely do they go over $20 as did Batman. You seem to lack the understanding that there could be no direct deal at all on MW3. That left Josh with two options:

#1: Do a macro or general game based deal. He did both.
#2: Leave MW3 without any deal and have coupons for the other titles.

Seeing as how MW3 is set to be the biggest launch title of the year, he chose right. You also keep saying that unless you are interested in MW3/Skyrim you are out of luck. You DO know that every single game in stock qualifies right? So instead of 2 choices, there are thousands of possible choices. If there is none that you want thats too bad. Allowing point cards is nice from a customer stand point, but for a retailer its stupid. You lose money and you don't sell games because most people will just buy point cards. Again, no retailer includes point cards in any such deal for this reason. It gets abused and there is nothing to gain.

So if you just aren't fine with getting $15 coupons then you can get the games you want from other retailers who have no deals at all.

[quote name='mel gibson']Im going to buy battlefield and mw3, then use the fitty on skyrim.[/QUOTE]
Ok, you cant do that on Skyrims release week, you'd have to wait until that $50 in coupons activated (on the 13th). It may be good to do that though since then Skyrim will be in the buy X get X at a discount deal that week.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Ok, you cant do that on Skyrims release weeou'd have to wait until that $50 in coupons activated (on the 13th). It may be good to do that though since then Skyrim will be in the buy X get X at a discount deal that week.[/QUOTE]
What if I buy battlefield today, then use that coupon on skyrim and mw3, then use th 50 coupon the week after on something? Is that doable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back