KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
i wonder...what happens if you buy UC3 and get a gaming coupon. use the coupon then return the game?

ive had cases where i bought game and it came with coupon but lost the coupon when i returned the game.

[quote name='ilnadmy']So here's a question I have:

If I buy Uncharted 3 on 11/6, and then Modern Warfare 3 on 11/8, will I get the $50 coupon?

i.e. can I buy the two games on two separate days in that week to get the coupon? Or do I have to buy them together in one purchase?[/QUOTE]You need to make a single purchase with your SYWR card of at least $110 to get the $50 in coupons.

[quote name='david12795']i wonder...what happens if you buy UC3 and get a gaming coupon. use the coupon then return the game?

ive had cases where i bought game and it came with coupon but lost the coupon when i returned the game.[/QUOTE]

Why not just come out and ask what you really wanted to ask. Can you buy a game, use the $XX coupon, return original game and screw Kmart out of $XX?

It is my understanding that the coupons value is deducted from the return, netting you no gain, however I am not 100% sure on that since I've not deliberately gone out of my way to try and defraud Kmart.

[quote name='burz88']Why not just come out and ask what you really wanted to ask. Can you buy a game, use the $XX coupon, return original game and screw Kmart out of $XX?

It is my understanding that the coupons value is deducted from the return, netting you no gain, however I am not 100% sure on that since I've not deliberately gone out of my way to try and defraud Kmart.[/QUOTE]

im surprised no one hasnt. but i was just wondering since im getting UC3 anyway. im still waiting for kmart to issue me that gift card back when UC3 had a price glitch of $6.99

[quote name='creatureofwar']I emailed Kmart about this and this was their response:

We apologize as we will not be having any special DLC content in our Kmart preorders for Saints Row 3.

I also read in the official Xbox magazine that the Professor Genki DLC will not be released as DLC later on and that it will only be available as preorder DLC. I would have liked to get this DLC but getting Saints Row the Third for $10 from Kmart is a much better deal for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. Even though it might be some pretty cool DLC...it is, after all only DLC. It won't drastically affect the game. It won't take away from any of the experience of SR3. Saving cash money is a lot more important to me as well than some simple DLC. Also, SR3 will most likely be discounted with the Buy X get X off promotion as well.

If that's true about the Saint's Row DLC it's terrible. I guess I'd get Saint's Row somewhere else and use the credit on Assassin's Creed. I had planned on only renting AC. Can't missout on the octopus gun and human launcher car cannon.

[quote name='david12795']im surprised no one hasnt. but i was just wondering since im getting UC3 anyway. im still waiting for kmart to issue me that gift card back when UC3 had a price glitch of $6.99[/QUOTE]

What glitch?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Too bad Saint's Row 3 isn't coming out till the week AFTER the $110 for a $50 coupon dealie.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Hoping you could slap some hoes with giant dildos on the cheap?

[quote name='orangecrush']You need to make a single purchase with your SYWR card of at least $110 to get the $50 in coupons.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see. Thanks.

So then if I wait a week and get Uncharted 3 and MW3 together, I can get the coupon?

[quote name='orangecrush']You need to make a single purchase with your SYWR card of at least $110 to get the $50 in coupons.[/QUOTE]

What is this "spend $110 and get $50 coupon" deal everyone is talking about? It's not even posted on the first page...

[quote name='Serpentor']What is this "spend $110 and get $50 coupon" deal everyone is talking about? It's not even posted on the first page...[/QUOTE]

Yes it is.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Hoping you could slap some hoes with giant dildos on the cheap?[/QUOTE]

Ain't no better way to go about yo' business.

I went ahead and preordered from THQ. Sucks that even with all these video game deals going on at K-Mart they still won't take preorders. THQ is offering free shipping, and I didn't get charged sales tax. You get the Professor Genki DLC, and a THQ direct exclusive "season pass" which states is 3 downloadable missions worth more than $20. I'll use my K-Mart credit on Assassin's Creed.

My bad, I saw the "$110 and $50 coupons" promo now, sorry...

Question:

:ps3: Buy any PS3 system, get a $50 gaming coupon.
This offer includes the 320GB PS3 Uncharted 3 bundle.

The bundle is $299.99, so does that means $50 for more than $110 purchase and $50 for buying the bundle? $100 gaming coupon back?!?!

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']If that's true about the Saint's Row DLC it's terrible. I guess I'd get Saint's Row somewhere else and use the credit on Assassin's Creed. I had planned on only renting AC. Can't missout on the octopus gun and human launcher car cannon.[/QUOTE]

I'm in a similar dilemma. I really want the preorder content and saint's row 3 is the only game I want that week.

You could preorder the game from gamestop, pickup the game and the preorder code on release date, enter it in, return the game sealed the following day and buy it from kmart using the $15/$35 gaming coupons. I might do this.

Don't know if it's worth all the trouble for a octopus gun.

[quote name='Serpentor']My bad, I saw the "$110 and $50 coupons" promo now, sorry...

Question:

:ps3: Buy any PS3 system, get a $50 gaming coupon.
This offer includes the 320GB PS3 Uncharted 3 bundle.

The bundle is $299.99, so does that means $50 for more than $110 purchase and $50 for buying the bundle? $100 gaming coupon back?!?![/QUOTE]

Nope. The Spend 110, get 50 is on gaming software only, not hardware, or points, or subscriptions, etc. - just for software purchases totally 110.00 before tax/coupons/SYWR/etc...

[quote name='vicks']Nope. The Spend 110, get 50 is on gaming software only, not hardware, or points, or subscriptions, etc. - just for software purchases totally 110.00 before tax/coupons/SYWR/etc...[/QUOTE]

good point, thanks for clearing my head :)

[quote name='unknownthreat']I'm in a similar dilemma. I really want the preorder content and saint's row 3 is the only game I want that week.

You could preorder the game from gamestop, pickup the game and the preorder code on release date, enter it in, return the game sealed the following day and buy it from kmart using the $15/$35 gaming coupons. I might do this.

Don't know if it's worth all the trouble for a octopus gun.[/QUOTE]

I love how people think this isn't the same thing as just stealing the DLC from gamestop.

[quote name='unknownthreat']I'm in a similar dilemma. I really want the preorder content and saint's row 3 is the only game I want that week.

Don't know if it's worth all the trouble for a octopus gun.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's your best bet, that's how I got the physical warfare pack for BF3, and the Dead Rising 2 costume/clothing, whatever you want to call it lol

[quote name='confoosious']I love how people think this isn't the same thing as just stealing the DLC from gamestop.[/QUOTE]

You get a bonus for preordering, not for purchasing. You can't really call it stealing when the buyer has fulfilled their part of the agreement. You also can't call it stealing when there are an inexhaustible amount of copies, but that's a different discussion for a different day.

[quote name='Ardrid']You get a bonus for preordering, not for purchasing. You can't really call it stealing when the buyer has fulfilled their part of the agreement. You also can't call it stealing when there are an inexhaustible amount of copies, but that's a different discussion for a different day.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying if I preorder Saints Row and then don't buy it from Gamestop, I can just walk in to Gamestop and say "Give me the DLC, I preordered the game. But no, I'm not gonna buy it from you."?

According to your logic, I only need to preorder it from Gamestop and I'm entitled to the DLC right?

[quote name='confoosious']So you're saying if I preorder Saints Row and then don't buy it from Gamestop, I can just walk in to Gamestop and say "Give me the DLC, I preordered the game. But no, I'm not gonna buy it from you."?

According to your logic, I only need to preorder it from Gamestop and I'm entitled to the DLC right?[/QUOTE]

That's exactly the way the process worked in the past until GameStop changed it in an attempt to lock customers into a preorder. Case in point: both Amazon and GameStop were offering early access to the StarCraft 2 closed beta with preorders. Purchasers received the key within 24 hours of their order and were free to cancel their order after without consequence.

Again, the agreement requires a preorder, not a purchase. It just so happens that retailers have taken extra steps to make preorder mean purchase. That doesn't stop me as the buyer from exercising my first sale rights and either returning or reselling the item in question while still keeping the DLC, as is my right under the agreement.

[quote name='david12795']im surprised no one hasnt. but i was just wondering since im getting UC3 anyway. im still waiting for kmart to issue me that gift card back when UC3 had a price glitch of $6.99[/QUOTE]
woah how are you getting kmart to give you a gift card for website price glitching?

That may not work. If the DLC is packed inside the game and comes with a different UPS code. This was the case with Batman: Arkham City and Best Buy's Robin DLC. PAcked in, different UPC.

[quote name='indelible']i have a coupon from arkham city and my friend has a coupon from BF3, can i use his coupon with my SYWR account?[/QUOTE]

theoretically no but YMMV.

I ask again, can I buy Uncharted 3 and MW3 on 11/8 and get the $50 coupon? Or does it only apply to games that are released in that week?

[quote name='ilnadmy']I ask again, can I buy Uncharted 3 and MW3 on 11/8 and get the $50 coupon? Or does it only apply to games that are released in that week?[/QUOTE]

It applies to all gaming software, no matter when it came out. So, yes, you'll get the coupon.

[quote name='Greyline108']It applies to all gaming software, no matter when it came out. So, yes, you'll get the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. It's just that on the first page it says "Includes these games:" and lists the new releases, so I got confused. But I guess that was just to tell us that those games are included along with any other game that's released. Guess I'll be waiting a week to get Uncharted 3 then. Argh. It's going to be a mighty painful wait...

I'll probably go scope out the clearance games at my kmart tomorrow to figure out what games I'm gonna get next week. I hope to find FO3 goty and RE5 Gold.

[quote name='indelible']i have a coupon from arkham city and my friend has a coupon from BF3, can i use his coupon with my SYWR account?[/QUOTE]

Definitely

[quote name='confoosious']So despite a lot of text, the bottom line in what you're saying is that I CANNOT do what you just suggested I do?

ok[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not saying that at all. I gave you a perfect example of where one could do exactly what you suggested.

What I'm saying now is that I've noticed that whenever someone tells you something you don't agree with or you can't argue, you retreat into a passive aggressive ball of feigned disinterest, which only fuels most people's disdain for you.

I dont give a rats ass about "most" people's disdain for me. You failed to back up what you were saying, which is that the DLC can be had for the preordering of a title, and not the actual purchase of the title. Your failure to back up your argument makes me lose interest, not the fact that I disagree with what you said.

if what you said was true, I could just walk into Gamestop, preorder something and demand they give me the DLC without actually buying the title. You agreed that would not happen. So therefore, you CAN'T do what you initially suggested was doable.

I'm very interested in getting the $20 discount on the 4000 Microsoft points card but have no interest at all in Modern Warfare 3. Would it be okay if i were to purchase the game on Tuesday along with the points card, then the next day return my game and surrender the coupon? I'm not purposefully trying to defraud them (I think), it just sucks that the points card discount is expliciity tied in to a MW3 purchase.

[quote name='Bosamba']I'm very interested in getting the $20 discount on the 4000 Microsoft points card but have no interest at all in Modern Warfare 3. Would it be okay if i were to purchase the game on Tuesday along with the points card, then the next day return my game and surrender the coupon? I'm not purposefully trying to defraud them (I think), it just sucks that the points card discount is expliciity tied in to a MW3 purchase.[/QUOTE]

Just read your post back to yourself and then you will realize you ARE purposely trying to defraud them.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Just read your post back to yourself and then you will realize you ARE purposely trying to defraud them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right. Sometimes it takes another's wisdom to point out the obvious flaws in my train of thought. Thank you good sir. :bow:

[quote name='dennisb407']Definitely[/QUOTE]

Now there's two different answers haha.

I was going to ask roughly the same question because a friend of mine has their LOTR coupon that they're never going to use and I planned on picking this up at K-Mart this week.

I'm a little confused about the wording and just want to make sure about something.

I plan on getting 2 copies of Modern Warfare 3 on 11-8 which will be $119.98 before tax.

I also have a $20 coupon from Forza 4 that I planned on using on that transaction.

Will it keep me from getting the $50 in gaming coupons since it will be around $100 after the coupon?

[quote name='rdlee']I'm a little confused about the wording and just want to make sure about something.

I plan on getting 2 copies of Modern Warfare 3 on 11-8 which will be $119.98 before tax.

I also have a $20 coupon from Forza 4 that I planned on using on that transaction.

Will it keep me from getting the $50 in gaming coupons since it will be around $100 after the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Coupons don't discount the total cost of your purchase, they are just a form of payment. So, yes, that would work.

I'll admit that the deals and information in the OP are not very friendly. I think instead of dumping all the info about current and upcoming deals in the first post having a section that just clearly explains what's happening this coming week, and this current week in one post would be good. Then put future deals in the 2nd post.

Also this text in the OP
Spend $110.00 or more in gaming software in a single transaction, get $50 in gaming coupons (a $15 coupon and a $35 coupon). Total must be at least $110.00 before tax, discounts and/or coupons.
contradicts what everyone is saying about the $110 requirement being before coupon usage. I'm a regular to this thread and I'm still kind of confused about the whole thing.

[quote name='jer7583']I'll admit that the deals and information in the OP are not very friendly. I think instead of dumping all the info about current and upcoming deals in the first post having a section that just clearly explains what's happening this coming week, and this current week in one post would be good. Then put future deals in the 2nd post.

Also this text in the OP
contradicts what everyone is saying about the $110 requirement being before coupon usage. I'm a regular to this thread and I'm still kind of confused about the whole thing.[/QUOTE]
All you have to remember is spend $110 not including tax. Then you can pay with cash, coupons, SYWR, feathers, sex...whatever they will agree to take as payment and you will still get your $50 in coupons.

Does anybody know if K-Mart's PS3 copies of Assassin's Creed will have the original Assassin's Creed included? IGN was running stories saying the first runs of the PS3 version will have it included. I think it is being included on the disc and isn't a code for download and it wasn't being presented as "DLC". I was hoping it would be on there since I sold my old copy years ago.

[quote name='wtsutton']Does anybody know if K-Mart's PS3 copies of Assassin's Creed will have the original Assassin's Creed included? IGN was running stories saying the first runs of the PS3 version will have it included. I think it is being included on the disc and isn't a code for download and it wasn't being presented as "DLC". I was hoping it would be on there since I sold my old copy years ago.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, all first run PS3 copies will come with it on the disc.

[quote name='Ardrid']You get a bonus for preordering, not for purchasing. You can't really call it stealing when the buyer has fulfilled their part of the agreement. You also can't call it stealing when there are an inexhaustible amount of copies, but that's a different discussion for a different day.[/QUOTE]
Do they give you the bonus upon preordering, or preorder AND purchase? If you can simply preorder and walk in and ask for the DLC and not purchase the game when released then your point is valid. However, you are required to purchase to receive a bonus as part of your "buyers agreement". To return item and not DLC is stealing to anyone with the least bit of common sense. But if you're okay with that it's fine by me. I'm no moral authority. Just don't try to run your mental gymnastics on CAG. Keep that crap on SD where it belongs.

God, I really hope they still have copies of Uncharted 3 on 11/8 when MW3 releases. Otherwise I'm kinda screwing myself over by not getting it on 11/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back