KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Kmart yesterday to get Uncharted, and Sonic. Picked up uncharted fine, but was told Sonic did not come out this week. I didn't want to argue with her, but I did want to give Kmart my money. I had to resort to buying elsewhere.

Just got back from Kmart in New Albany, IN. I had no problem getting Uncharted 3. They still had multiple copies which I was happy to see.

Well the store and employees here are either stupid or sold out of any of the games I have wanted in the last few weeks. First it was Just Dance 3, then the LE of Battlefield 3, and now Uncharted 3. I doubt they are sold out so I will go with stupid as the answer. I feel bad for Josh having all these store associates ruining the deals and business he works so hard for. I even had the dude tell me to go to GameStop when I am sure the game was sitting in a box in the backroom. He needs to tell someone to hire some of us unemployed CAGs to work the electronics section this time of year.

I'm glad the electronics manager at my Kmart seems to recognize my face (she also rung up my Kirby game). When I handed her the Kirby coupon to get $15 off Uncharted 3 and she saw the $20 coupon that printed out she was like "Oh, this thing likes you!" which made me chuckle. When I mentioned that it would REALLY like me on Veteran's Day when it would be spitting out $50 worth of coupons for me, she just seemed glad that I'd be in there again to buy two more games so soon.

Isn't the buy game x get one for x off considered a type of B1G1 which technically can be denied because of the wording on the coupons? I was thinking a couple people had issues last time there was a deal like that but maybe it was different somehow.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Isn't the buy game x get one for x off considered a type of B1G1 which technically can be denied because of the wording on the coupons? I was thinking a couple people had issues last time there was a deal like that but maybe it was different somehow.[/QUOTE]

While that wording is on the coupon, I don't recall anyone having trouble using them for the Vanquish or Dead Space 2 deal (there may have been more that I'm forgetting). As long as the cashier is willing to scan them I feel confident that there won't be any problems.

Of course since we won't know the exact terms of the deal until Friday it's hard to say how similar it might be to previous deals.

[quote name='Gabrius']Please. Don't defend this jerkoff's laziness. I would've gladly provided him with whatever he needed in order for him to search for it. He just didn't feel like working while he was at work.[/QUOTE]
:roll:

[quote name='RySenkari']I'm glad the electronics manager at my Kmart seems to recognize my face (she also rung up my Kirby game). When I handed her the Kirby coupon to get $15 off Uncharted 3 and she saw the $20 coupon that printed out she was like "Oh, this thing likes you!" which made me chuckle. When I mentioned that it would REALLY like me on Veteran's Day when it would be spitting out $50 worth of coupons for me, she just seemed glad that I'd be in there again to buy two more games so soon.[/QUOTE]

She hot? When she said, "this thing likes you" you should have said, "Why...is it printing out your phone number?"

[quote name='nightmare452']So I picked up LotR:WotN (what an acronym!) yesterday for $21 after using my Batman: AC $30 and $10 coupons.

But the overall experience was kind of a pain. The employee at the games section seemed nice and got my game just fine. But once I went to pay, tells me they dont accept coupons. I tell him "yes you do". We go back and forth and he decides to send me to the front costumer service desk. Again I explain what this coupons are, that they are official kmart coupons, etc. Yet they don't believe me.

In the end, I told em "go ahead and scan the game and then the coupons, if the system gives you and error, I'll leave". Vuala!, system takes it without a hitch, I even get my $20 coupon for next week and they have these shocked faces. One of em tells me that's the last time they will let me use coupons on games. But I'll go next week and do the 110/50 deal anyway, hopefully they are more informed of next weeks deal.[/QUOTE]

This is plain bad customer service. It seems like for every 2 good experiences there is 1 that is horrible and makes CAG's not to want to shop at Kmart. Maybe Kmart should hire people to shop at their own stores to ensure customers are leaving happy, not wanting to bitch out the electronic or customer service employee. The coupon issue is what bothers me; can't they not see this is a coupon that was printed at the time of the sale. It doesn't even look like a internet coupon or a copy.

For anyone interested in grabbing some Mt. Dew and Doritos. I was looking for a way to spend as close to the $20 as possible, and K-Mart really helped out! They're running 4 twelve packs for $14, and 2 bags of Doritos for $6. Perfect, $20 on the dot! They had the Call of Duty codes in 12 packs of the red Game Fuel, regular Dew, and Diet.

[quote name='Ardrid']I can't answer your question but I can confirm that I didn't receive a digital copy of the coupon with my digital receipt either, though I did receive a paper copy of the coupon at the time of purchase. This is different from my experience with Batman, whereby I received both a paper copy and digital copy of the coupon along with their respective receipts.

I would reach out to Josh. He should be able to take care of it for you.[/QUOTE]

Thx Ardrid. I looked back at the batman purchase and that one has the digital coupons in there. Looked at a few other games and they have them as well. The one that is missing the digital coupon is for purchase of Dance central + DC 2. I definitly got a coupon from the register.

Maybe it is related to the store where I made the purchase, since it was different from the rest.

^I haven't made an purchases recently, but vlv was saying that his last 2 purchases didn't include digital coupons either. I'm assuming this has something to do with fraud prevention, since they used to show up.

Pure speculation here, but it wouldn't surprise me if KMart's fraud department decided that emailing digital coupons is just asking for abuse and have stopped the practice. I do remember I used to get a separate email for the coupon and another email for the Dish Network promo they've been running for over a year. They didn't send me my receipt at all with Arkham City; we'll see what happens next week.

[quote name='adamical']Pure speculation here, but it wouldn't surprise me if KMart's fraud department decided that emailing digital coupons is just asking for abuse and have stopped the practice. I do remember I used to get a separate email for the coupon and another email for the Dish Network promo they've been running for over a year. They didn't send me my receipt at all with Arkham City; we'll see what happens next week.[/QUOTE]

But I bought both Batman and BF3 there and both times they e-mailed me a copy of the receipt and game coupons.

Yeah checking my digital receipts and don't see any coupons for Batman, Battlefield 3, or Uncharted 3. The Kmart in Bohemia had a printer malfunction and chewed up my receipt. Cashier told me to head to the Customer Service to have it reprint but ended up with a generic paper receipt with Kmart logo and address stamped on top.

[quote name='adamical']Pure speculation here, but it wouldn't surprise me if KMart's fraud department decided that emailing digital coupons is just asking for abuse and have stopped the practice. I do remember I used to get a separate email for the coupon and another email for the Dish Network promo they've been running for over a year. They didn't send me my receipt at all with Arkham City; we'll see what happens next week.[/QUOTE]

My Batman digital receipt has the coupon printed on it. It's just appended on the bottom of the regular receipt as if it were one single document. My Uncharted 3 digital receipt; however, has no mention of the coupon.

I noticed a screen that pops up at the register that lets them pick the receipt option. I think there are 3 options from what I saw, middle one beeing "print and e-mail" while the other 2 are "print only" and "e-mail only". So if you didn't get a digital receipt, that may explain why.

This is different from sears, who lets you pick the option yourself, rather than the cashier decide for you.

Went to 2 different kmarts today trying to get the uncharted 3 headset deal. First Kmart had plenty of uncharted 3 but no headset, second Kmart had the headset but no uncharted 3(they claim that they still haven't gotten their shipment of the game in yet). The guy even told me I could buy the headset at this store and then go to the other Kmart and get the game if I wanted the game today lol. I had no problems getting the batman ac deal a few weeks ago but I swear the stores are making it hard to spend money at Kmart.

Does anyone know if an employee discount effects the pre-tax total for next weeks $40/$110 deal? Employee discount would take the total to $108 if it reduces the amount of my skyrim/call of duty mw3 purchase.

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']So do you think if i ask my local kmart employee nicely the night before (and slip him 10 bux) he'll set aside a mw3 hardened for me?[/QUOTE]

That depends on whether he or she will tell you they didn't get any MW3 in stock on Tuesday. :D

Got back from using my Kirby cpn to buy a 1600pt card. Finally going to buy Limbo:)

Also did some quick recon stuff that's in stock at store 3363. Two copies of LOTR for 360 and only one for PS3. No Uncharted 3, no headsets. Might still buy LOTR just hard to convince myself after everything I grabbed from Targets screwup

And the store had about fifteen 4000 pt cards which is good considering the MW3 deal.

Josh, is Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY edition still $29.99? I still have yet to play it, and I have a $15 coupon I want to spend on it. But the game received a price drop at Best Buy & Gamestop for $19.99. Can you please get back to me on what the price is? Thanks

[quote name='slickmonkey']This is different from sears, who lets you pick the option yourself, rather than the cashier decide for you.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you're usually given the option yourself on the credit card device screen. I believe that the cashier can override and set it themselves first, though, something that certain cashiers may have grown accustomed to doing after having to explain the selection to one too many luddites.

I usually ask the cashier to select both print and email just in case, but it usually ends up being my responsibility to select it.

[quote name='sillymonkey321']Does anyone know if an employee discount effects the pre-tax total for next weeks $40/$110 deal? Employee discount would take the total to $108 if it reduces the amount of my skyrim/call of duty mw3 purchase.[/QUOTE]

I'm certainly no authority, but I would be surprised to learn that you could use an employee discount and earn coupons at the same time. Cool if you can, though!

Still no luck with Uncharted 3 at my Kmart. Stopped by twice on tuesday, once yesterday and once today.

Ben from Kmart sent me an email at 2 today saying that the store near me had 10 copies. I got there at 6 and they said they didn't have any. It's not a busy store, so selling 10 copies of a game in a four hour window 2 days after you were supposed to get it seems unlikely. :(

They had the headset today though.... Did me no good since I couldn't buy it and Uncharted.

[quote name='DPsycho']Actually, you're usually given the option yourself on the credit card device screen. I believe that the cashier can override and set it themselves first, though, something that certain cashiers may have grown accustomed to doing after having to explain the selection to one too many luddites.

I usually ask the cashier to select both print and email just in case, but it usually ends up being my responsibility to select it.

I'm certainly no authority, but I would be surprised to learn that you could use an employee discount and earn coupons at the same time. Cool if you can, though![/QUOTE]

Haven't had a problem before, everything runs/prints out like normal.

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']So do you think if i ask my local kmart employee nicely the night before (and slip him 10 bux) he'll set aside a mw3 hardened for me?[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that just negate the $10 total savings you are getting on the 4 $15 map packs by buying the hardened edition?

So anybody know if the $20 gaming coupon offered with Zelda: Skyward Sword should work with the Limited edition bundle too?

had a good experience getting Uncharted 3 early release day. The wonderful clerk was there (as opposed to the evil one) and she was happy to see me, and was glad i was there early so i could 'fill her in' on this weeks deals/coupons. She said she's never told about them. All in all, good experience, she was super friendly and helpful as always.

it's amazing how different the vibe is based on who is there. either i get her, which is great, or i get the young guy who always asks me if 'that game is any good' (i haven't played it, how should i know? but i answer politely every time). and then the terrible, terrible one that makes me almost want to turn around.

[quote name='pedromvu']So anybody know if the $20 gaming coupon offered with Zelda: Skyward Sword should work with the Limited edition bundle too?[/QUOTE]Yes, it should (confirmed on Kmartgamer's FB page...somewhere).

This is unbelievable... I just went to Kmart.. I asked for MW3. They told me it's "out of stock" (the tag was there but the game was not, obviously because it's not released.) I told them to check the back because it was just released, they did and they came back with a box full. I bought 2, for 360. Granted there was little staff at this time of night, and I doubt if the girl worked in the gaming department, but wow I'm a huge fan of Kmart right now. :p

Now I have 2 questions, how much do you guys think I'd get if I sold one of them and would my XBL account be banned if I started playing it?

Question for Josh if you read this thread:
My wife picked up Uncharted 3 for me but the cashier couldn't get the $20 from Battlefield and $10 from the Doritos/Dew deal to work together. He eventually voided out the transaction and did it again manually and she gave him the two coupons.

The thing is two $20 Uncharted 3 coupons printed. The cashier gave her both as the transaction took a long time as a kind of apology. Can I use both of them on two separate games? Will my rewards card be "suspicous" or "flagged" or anything for doing so? I'm not sure which would have been the first or second given to her.

[quote name='The_GAYmer']This is unbelievable... I just went to Kmart.. I asked for MW3. They told me it's "out of stock" (the tag was there but the game was not, obviously because it's not released.) I told them to check the back because it was just released, they did and they came back with a box full. I bought 2, for 360.

Now I have 2 questions, how much do you guys think I'd get if I sold one of them and would I get banned if I started playing it?[/QUOTE]

I'd say you are probably looking at $100-$150 if you can find someone stupid enough. I'm really surprised that the Register didn't block the sale of them though.

You won't get banned, only people playing illegal copies get banned. They can tell on XBL if you are playing a legit disc or are modified/copied.

[quote name='The_GAYmer']This is unbelievable... I just went to Kmart.. I asked for MW3. They told me it's "out of stock" (the tag was there but the game was not, obviously because it's not released.) I told them to check the back because it was just released, they did and they came back with a box full. I bought 2, for 360. Granted there was little staff at this time of night, and I doubt if the girl worked in the gaming department, but wow I'm a huge fan of Kmart right now. :p

Now I have 2 questions, how much do you guys think I'd get if I sold one of them and would my XBL account be banned if I started playing it?[/QUOTE]

yay the troll is back! Dont feel the trolls folks, Shrike will be along shortly.

[quote name='The_GAYmer']This is unbelievable... I just went to Kmart.. I asked for MW3. They told me it's "out of stock" (the tag was there but the game was not, obviously because it's not released.) I told them to check the back because it was just released, they did and they came back with a box full. I bought 2, for 360. Granted there was little staff at this time of night, and I doubt if the girl worked in the gaming department, but wow I'm a huge fan of Kmart right now. :p

Now I have 2 questions, how much do you guys think I'd get if I sold one of them and would my XBL account be banned if I started playing it?[/QUOTE]

Pics.

[quote name='confoosious']yay the troll is back! Dont feel the trolls folks, Shrike will be along shortly.[/QUOTE]

Troll? Okay let me take a picture 1 second just to make you feel stupid. Idiot..

Ugh, my only dispute with this next week is that if I get Metal Gear Solid HD and Uncharted 3 I'll literally be .02 away from covering the total :|

mw3.png

Im sorry but that looks so fake. If you wanted us to believe you then you would take a up close pic of the seal of the game as well as a couple of other things. As far as I can tell those are just 2 display boxes. Not saying they arent real, just ur pictures dont help ur case.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Im sorry but that looks so fake. If you wanted us to believe you then you would take a up close pic of the seal of the game as well as a couple of other things. As far as I can tell those are just 2 display boxes. Not saying they arent real, just ur pictures dont help ur case.[/QUOTE]

I took it with my netbook webcam.. whatever I don't care just came here to brag lol

[quote name='The_GAYmer']I took it with my netbook webcam.. whatever I don't care just came here to brag lol[/QUOTE]

fake or real it doesn't matter. You were the guy who posted the fake B2G1 free BB item and got banned. So guess what? You're gonna get banned again mjoa/stickywhitesubstance/gaymer. :wave:

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Alrighty..u know you couldve waited till the 6th and also got a $50 coupon right? Just saying...[/QUOTE]

I'm going to put it on craigslist for $200 and see what happens. Never sold on ebay so hopefully craigslist works out.

[quote name='confoosious']fake or real it doesn't matter. You were the guy who posted the fake B2G1 free BB item and got banned. So guess what? You're gonna get banned again mjoa/stickywhitesubstance/gaymer. :wave:[/QUOTE]

I.... I don't even know.. :whistle2:s

... and I can guarantee B2G1 will happen next week, no matter if they deleted my thread or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back