KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coldstreakd']Calm down man. I'm sure a ton of people were waiting for today to get in on this deal. We should hear about a lot more experiences soon[/QUOTE]

I don't shop there often and I figured anybody who did would be able to answer this question. I obviously can't wait until other people buy theirs as I want to go when it opens, not wednesday or thursday.

[quote name='DPsycho']What reason do you have to think that it won't stack? You'll get your $15 coupon for spending more than $40 on the game. You'll get the discount on the points card as long as it's bought in the same transaction as a 360 version.[/QUOTE]

A lot of stores don't allow promotions to stack. I just wanted to make sure before I waste time lol.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Just got back. god they are incompetent. Was told I couldn't use a gaming coupon from UC3 and Batman to get another gaming coupon and almost lost it.

Got a hardened edition and got denied an extra $35 in coupons because going to get another copy of MW3 for a friend, to reach the $110 amount, but instead only got the $15 (on a $40 purchase) that came with the hardened purchase by itself (which was dumb and proved the manager was an idiot because she said I couldn't get a coupon)

fucking Kmart[/QUOTE]

How many hardened editions were there?

Just got back from the midnight launch at the Robinson, PA Super K-Mart and it was a total clusterfuck. They told me they got no Hardened editions at all for either system. They also had no 4000 points card or 12 month membership cards in-stock. Also they had the games at the customer service desk and were very rude to evertbody coming in to get the game. They also had the electronics department roped off so you could not add other games to reach the $110.00 spending limit to get the $50.00 coupon. Also with the electronic department roped off I could not check for the 4000 point or 12 month cards untill I was told they didnt have any. I was offered a rain check for the 4000 points card which i took but the girl who rung me up gave me one for the 12 month card instead.

This was a complete waste of my time I could have got the same results buying the game at fucking 7-11. Also what sucks is I cant even do a return and rebuy at another store in the morning because I will lose out on my $20.00 UC3 coupon I used.

I am so fucking pissed right now I could fucking shoot fire out of my fucking eyes.

[quote name='Dtrain12']How many hardened editions were there?[/QUOTE]

There were I think 3 or 4 for 360 and 3 for Ps3

Like ajh said, complete clusterfuck of idiocy. Yep ajh, same thing here, cant return and rebut because I used my Batman and AC3 coupons. Man I am beyond pisssed lol.

[quote name='rentacop']*ATTENTION*

Surely someone knows whether or not the $15 coupon and the 4000msp offer both stack. I've posted this a few times with no answer... nobody at the store will know as usual and I don't want to wait until my receipt to find that I should have used gift cards for other retailers.[/QUOTE]*ATTENTION*

Yes they will.

[quote name='MikeE021286']There were I think 3 or 4 for 360 and 3 for Ps3

Like ajh said, complete clusterfuck of idiocy. Man I am beyond pisssed lol.[/QUOTE]

At least you got a copy of the version you wanted you are one ahead of me sir.

lol I would kind of be upset at kmart not doing things right but if you went to the midnight launch at a fucking kmart and expected to do a little shopping around the store for the $110 promo at midnight you were probably setting yourself up for failure.

You should be happy the employees didn't just close the store and go home with a giant "fuck YOU NERDS" sign on the front door.

Also, the tears of the MW3 fans are delicious.

Did kmart carry Dead Rising 2: off the record? I wanna pick that up for the $110 deal.

Got back from the midnight release where I was the 7th person there at 11:40. I got the Hardened Edition but was kinda disappointed on how it was ran. Everyone met in the electronics area but there was no line just whoever stood closest was first. Then they split the games up and put some at customer service. My friends were the first to buy and bought the only 2 360 HE. So I just went up to customer service and they had more up there. Should have had all the games in one spot (or atleast all the HE) and been first come first serve.

I definitely appreciate the midnight release and the offers though. I got the $30 point card and the $50 in coupons. No one else seemed to take advantage of those offers. Can't beat that and no crazy lines like Best Buy/Gamespot had. Hopefully the $50 coupons will somehow work with the B1G1/2 but if not I'll still be happy.

The cashier said they had 75 copies of each and 10-12 HE.

[quote name='jer7583']Did kmart carry Dead Rising 2: off the record? I wanna pick that up for the $110 deal.[/QUOTE]
Yes. I bought my copy there on release week. I'm sure they didn't get too many copies in, so YMMV.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Got back from the midnight release where I was the 7th person there at 11:40. I got the Hardened Edition but was kinda disappointed on how it was ran. Everyone met in the electronics area but there was no line just whoever stood closest was first. Then they split the games up and put some at customer service. My friends were the first to buy and bought the only 2 360 HE. So I just went up to customer service and they had more up there. Should have had all the games in one spot (or atleast all the HE) and been first come first serve.

I definitely appreciate the midnight release and the offers though. I got the $30 point card and the $50 in coupons. No one else seemed to take advantage of those offers. Can't beat that and no crazy lines like Best Buy/Gamespot had. Hopefully the $50 coupons will somehow work with the B1G1/2 but if not I'll still be happy.

The cashier said they had 75 copies of each and 10-12 HE.[/QUOTE]

Did you use any gaming coupons in your purchase?

just got back from the store in Cleveland...about 50 people in line at 10 til midnight. Since I knew I had no chance of getting the hardened edition, I just bought some pop and left. May wait til next week to get a regular copy.

[quote name='jer7583']

Did kmart carry Dead Rising 2: off the record? I wanna pick that up for the $110 deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they carry/carried Off the Record. Local store only had 3 on release date, but it's not exactly in the same league as MW3. I'd think most stores would have a couple in the game case. I believe the game is $39.99.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Got back from the midnight release where I was the 7th person there at 11:40. I got the Hardened Edition but was kinda disappointed on how it was ran. Everyone met in the electronics area but there was no line just whoever stood closest was first. Then they split the games up and put some at customer service. My friends were the first to buy and bought the only 2 360 HE. So I just went up to customer service and they had more up there. Should have had all the games in one spot (or atleast all the HE) and been first come first serve.

The cashier said they had 75 copies of each and 10-12 HE.[/QUOTE]

What'd you get to add the $50 coupon? (just curious to see if the points and game alone was enough)

Just fyi. The coupons won't work on the B1G1 half-off deal. It says so on the coupons themselves. I'm going to buy 2 copies of Skyrim to get the $50 worth of coupons tho.

Just got back from the big Midnight Release here in key west. Arrived at the store around 11:15 and already 5 people ahead of me. BS'd for a while and figured out who was getting what and told them about the coupon deal for $110+. Everything was pretty organized overall. 6 employees working and 1 Ast Store Mgr on duty. They had regular copies of the game at two regular registers and the Hardened copies at Customer Service. As expected they had 4 for ps3 and 5 for xbox. Good thing I switched to x box with GOW 3 because the ps3 ones were gobbled up in the first 4 people. Everyone was 100% friendly and courteous, and made for a great KMart experience. Was able to score a Hardened edition & regular copy for a deployed buddy. Used my UC3 coupons and dew coupons and no issues with the $15 & $35 ones printing out for going over $110. I was the only one to use the SYWR card... some people just didn't believe the deal...oh well. Talked a little with Mgr after purchase and he was so happy to have an event like this at the store and hoped for more in the future. He did say that they didn't find out about midnight release until this past saturday. Also said compared to other places outside of a poster he put on the door, KMart had 0 ads up for the game or release. Maybe I found the issue with KMart and you guys getting these deals and such.

Best part of going for this release was a sweet T-Shirt... still want a Batman one but this one will work for now.

codvx.jpg

never tell employee what the offer is there is no need,the register should do it all. I wouldn't have expected to be able to shop for other stuff to make the coupons print out at a midnight release. The best course of action IMHO if you wanted in on the deal and a hardened edition would have been to buy it without using coupons or SYWR card to secure it, and return next day return & rebuy and then use SYWR and coupons to get full advantage of of the offers.

[quote name='xAcidBrandonx']Just fyi. The coupons won't work on the B1G1 half-off deal. It says so on the coupons themselves. I'm going to buy 2 copies of Skyrim to get the $50 worth of coupons tho.[/QUOTE]

I think it's a wait and see at this point, as it has been discussed at length throughout the thread. This weeks coupons have the B1G1 exclusion on them, but the thought is that it is really directed at buy one get one free deals. If it's worth anything, the coupons last year had the same wording and I had no problem using them with the vanquish deal (buy one get one half off).

Now I'm starting to think my store may have had a midnight release. I never heard of kmart doing one and couldn't find any list of stores online so figured I'd just go in at opening tomorrow. Does anybody know if a list of the stores is online? I'll still drive out anyways for the coupons and such.

edit: nvm just found the list on the front page lol. Thought it didn't exist if it wasn't a top result on google.

[quote name='Seanathan297']I think it's a wait and see at this point, as it has been discussed at length throughout the thread. This weeks coupons have the B1G1 exclusion on them, but the thought is that it is really directed at buy one get one free deals. If it's worth anything, the coupons last year had the same wording and I had no problem using them with the vanquish deal (buy one get one half off).[/QUOTE]
This question has been floating out there for days now, it would be nice if we could receive official word on the matter.

So midnight release at kmart is what i expected...a disaster. The first 5 customers were kmart employees who bought all 5 xbox hardened and 2 ps3 hardened. they were giving tickets out at the service desk for hardened editions which appparently only the employees knew about. They also have out tshirts. They had about 5. Employee "jessica" put three to the side for her sister "janets" three kids.

I ended up grabbing the last 2 hardened ps3 so it wasnt as bad as it could have been

Also buying 2 copies and a point card wont give you $50 in coupons. It was taking the 20 off the game and not the card. There quick fix was to just take $55 off the total price and the $15 coupon would print

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']So midnight release at kmart is what i expected...a disaster. The first 5 customers were kmart employees who bought all 5 xbox hardened and 2 ps3 hardened. they were giving tickets out at the service desk for hardened editions which appparently only the employees knew about. They also have out tshirts. They had about 5. Employee "jessica" put three to the side for her sister "janets" three kids.

I ended up grabbing the last 2 hardened ps3 so it wasnt as bad as it could have been

Also buying 2 copies and a point card wont give you $50 in coupons. It was taking the 20 off the game and not the card. There quick fix was to just take $55 off the total price and the $15 coupon would print[/QUOTE]

Its cool you got what you wanted but I am all about sharing the wealth so to speak. Some guys tried to pull that I am going to buy multiple copies of the limited crap at the store I went to and got shot down. As for the T Shirts thats a shady deal

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']

Also buying 2 copies and a point card wont give you $50 in coupons. It was taking the 20 off the game and not the card. There quick fix was to just take $55 off the total price and the $15 coupon would print[/QUOTE]
The ps3 version shouldn't have taken anything off a points card, and the coupons were for software so the cards shouldn't have counted towards the $110 to get the $50 in coupons so you didn't do so badly.

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']

This better not be the case when I go to get mine in the morning or I will raise hell.

I expect 2 Xbox copies of MW3 at 59.99 and one 4,000 point card at 29.99 with the end result amounting in the 50 dollars in gaming coupons that were advertised!

[quote name='rdlee']This better not be the case when I go to get mine in the morning.

I expect 2 copies of MW3 at 59.99 and one 4,000 point card at 29.99 with the end result amounting in the 50 dollars in gaming coupons that were advertised after purchase![/QUOTE]
2 copies put you over the threshold on there own you should be fine.

[quote name='sageridder']The ps3 version shouldn't have taken anything off a points card, and the coupons were for software so the cards shouldn't have counted towards the $110 to get the $50 in coupons so you didn't do so badly.[/QUOTE]

I know that. A guy in front of me bought 2 standard xbox copies and i overheard what happened. I should have been clearer. It took 20 off the game rather than the card dropping the total to under the 110 threshold

There was a big line so they just took $55 off his total and a $15 coup printed.

[quote name='sageridder']2 copies put you over the threshold on there own you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

I thought the guy above mentioned that he bought 2 copies of the game and a point card and it didn't net him the $50 GC?

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']I know that. A guy in front of me bought 2 standard xbox copies and i overheard what happened. I should have been clearer. It took 20 off the game rather than the card dropping the total to under the 110 threshold[/QUOTE]
ok that is clearer and isn't how it should have worked gottcha.

Similar situation at our midnight launch in MA. Total confusion, we lined up by the front registers where the games were being held. Then they told us the all the hardened editions and another batch of games were at the electronics department, so half the line took off. By the time we got there the line was totally out of chronological order. We waited 20 minutes until midnight before they tell us there were 5 hardened editions and we needed a ticket from customer service to get one. They said an announcement should have been made but wasn't. One lady stormed out angrily. So I was 5th to arrive at the store but didn't get a hardened edition or a tshirt because of the line ordeal. That was followed by another 20 minutes of them not knowing about the point card deals, Live subscription cards not ringing up right leading to customer service visits, and more general confusion. The employees did their best but seemed overwhelmed and unprepared for the situation. Next time there needs to be a designated line with all the games, point cards, etc all in one place. I know they are trying to get more registers open but it just needs to be more organized.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']I know that. A guy in front of me bought 2 standard xbox copies and i overheard what happened. I should have been clearer. It took 20 off the game rather than the card dropping the total to under the 110 threshold[/QUOTE]

sounds like the IT guys programmed it to take 20 off the game instead of the points card, which completely f's up the 40/110 promo. Ouch. This could get ugly.

Luckily I wasn't planning on getting the xbla card.

[quote name='confoosious']sounds like the IT guys programmed it to take 20 off the game instead of the points card, which completely f's up the 40/110 promo. Ouch. This could get ugly.

Luckily I wasn't planning on getting the xbla card.[/QUOTE]

This crap better be fixed by morning or else they will make a lot of loyal customers angry, myself included. I am on a budget and planned this purchase out already. Going to be using the 50 GC on WWE '12.

Yeah we had the same issue, they said the $20 can't come off the card so if you buy two copies you don't get the $50, only the $15. Something about the cards being prepaid values like cash. They had to adjust our games in lieu of the $35 coupon. This whole ordeal added another 20 minutes to our wait.

As much as I might want the point card...if it means jumping through 10 different hoops count me out. I will just use my $10 Mt Dew one on a $20 card...maybe I will buy some more Dew and Doritos and get a second card. I drink that crap anyway so half off 2 1600 cards with no headaches sounds better to me.

[quote name='Ikari Warrior']Yeah we had the same issue, they said the $20 can't come off the card so if you buy two copies you don't get the $50, only the $15. Something about the cards being prepaid values like cash. They had to adjust our games in lieu of the $35 coupon. This whole ordeal added another 20 minutes to our wait.[/QUOTE]

Haha I bet we were both at the same store in MA.

[quote name='confoosious']sounds like the IT guys programmed it to take 20 off the game instead of the points card, which completely f's up the 40/110 promo. Ouch. This could get ugly.

Luckily I wasn't planning on getting the xbla card.[/QUOTE]

Downer indeed. You are going to need a filler either way now. If you are planning on purchasing MW3 and a 4000 point card, consider MW3 to be $39.99 towards your 40/110.

Back to the drawing board to figure out my plan of attack for tomorrow I suppose...

I'll add another questionable-execution-but-overall-good midnight release. My group got there early, received tickets to guarantee us copies of the game, but it was still first come, first served to how we lined up. It took around 20 minutes to get the registers to work properly, and even then it was a slow process. There were 25ish people there and we were towards the end, and we left just after 1.

I used my Uncharted $20 coupon on two regular copies to bring me below $110 and my $35 and $15 coupons printed out fine.

[quote name='rdlee']This better not be the case when I go to get mine in the morning or I will raise hell.

I expect 2 Xbox copies of MW3 at 59.99 and one 4,000 point card at 29.99 with the end result amounting in the 50 dollars in gaming coupons that were advertised![/QUOTE]

You can expect all you want. But the register is gonna spit it out however it's programmed.

You can either act like a rational adult about it and either wait for the fix or complete the purchase and contact Josh to see how he can help you. Or you can "raise hell" like a child. :roll:

[quote name='Seanathan297']Downer indeed. You are going to need a filler either way now. If you are planning on purchasing MW3 and a 4000 point card, consider MW3 to be $39.99 towards your 40/110.

Back to the drawing board to figure out my plan of attack for tomorrow I suppose...[/QUOTE]

I was actually hoping for Hardened Edition + $15 filler.

[quote name='galindo62']just to clarify, im gonna have 120$ worth of coupons, from 5 different ones
i can stack these to buy a ps3 right??[/QUOTE]

please respond :)

sorry, im sure this has been asked before.

[quote name='confoosious']You can expect all you want. But the register is gonna spit it out however it's programmed.

You can either act like a rational adult about it and either wait for the fix or complete the purchase and contact Josh to see how he can help you. Or you can "raise hell" like a child. :roll:

I was actually hoping for Hardened Edition + $15 filler.[/QUOTE]

Thats what i wanted to do with the 2 hardened editions i got but we wernt allowed to buy anything else. Ill have to do a return/rebuy and do it.properly tomorrow

[quote name='confoosious']You can expect all you want. But the register is gonna spit it out however it's programmed.

You can either act like a rational adult about it and either wait for the fix or complete the purchase and contact Josh to see how he can help you. Or you can "raise hell" like a child. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should have put an LOL at the end of what I wrote because I honestly wasn't being serious.

And the bottom line, for me at least, is that this sort of thing should not happen on release day at K-Mart or any other store. People get PAID to do things right and TEST them out before they go live.

Me, you or no one should have to go through extra effort to get something that they ADVERTISED and didn't bother to double check to make sure it works the first time.

It's simply frustration on my end here. I know I'm making it into a bigger deal than it is so maybe it's time I stopped whining and get some much needed sleep... LOL :)

wait. what? i still have some posts to read but the $35/$15 coupon might not be good next week in conjunction with the B1G1 half off? That would be terrible. I just got back from spending $120 just to take part in this two week deal... I thought all the confirmation of the coupons working this week was also confirmation of them working next week. Ugh. Man. I hope they work. I didn't even really want one of the games I bought today all that much, but felt silly not getting it to qualify for the coupon.

[quote name='affa']wait. what? i still have some posts to read but the $35/$15 coupon might not be good next week in conjunction with the B1G1 half off? That would be terrible. I just got back from spending $120 just to take part in this two week deal... I thought all the confirmation of the coupons working this week was also confirmation of them working next week. Ugh. Man. I hope they work. I didn't even really want one of the games I bought today all that much, but felt silly not getting it to qualify for the coupon.[/QUOTE]

It's technically not supposed to work but everyone (including the assistant kmart buyer) seems to believe it will work. So... it might or might not work. But chances seem strong that it will work.

[quote name='confoosious']It's technically not supposed to work but everyone (including the assistant kmart buyer) seems to believe it will work. So... it might or might not work. But chances seem strong that it will work.[/QUOTE]

yea, i just finished reading the thread... ok.
i feel better now. please work. sounds like it will, and assuming the email from the assistant buyer is legit, which i have no reason to suspect it's not, it sounds like they'll deal with it if there is an issue.

so. plan is to buy NFS:TR and SR3 next week, use the 35/15 coupons, and if it rings up as 90-50, great... and if it rings up as 120-50, well, I'll shoot off an email and hope it gets resolved.

No 4000 MS points cards in stock at Chicago-Addison Ave so ended up buying the regular version for Xbox & PS3 for $120, used my $20 BF3 coupon to bring it down to $100+tax, both $15 & $35 coupons printed fine (emailed receipt also has both coupons)

ok, so i was planning to get 4 copy of the game and 2 12 month card,s pilt intot 2 transaction. will the 12 month card have the same issue as the 4000 point card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back