KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Walked in and saw they had one Hardened for 360 left. I was going to buy it until another young guy walked up and asked me if I was going to buy it and was really disappointed when I told him yeah. So when the game guy came over to unlock the cabinet I told him I'll take the regular version and give the other dude the Hardened version. He thanked me about 5 times. He's was going to get way more play time out of the game than I ever would so why not do something nice.

[quote name='TC']Walked in and saw they had one Hardened for 360 left. I was going to buy it until another young guy walked up and asked me if I was going to buy it and was really disappointed when I told him yeah. So when the game guy came over to unlock the cabinet I told him I'll take the regular version and give the other dude the Hardened version. He thanked me about 5 times. He's was going to get way more play time out of the game than I ever would so why not do something nice.[/QUOTE]

"Gold Star" achievement unlocked. :applause:

[quote name='LazyTriangle']You can use both coupons on the Zelda Skyword Sword Wii Remote bundle which is $70 I believe, that's what I plan on doing[/QUOTE]

Thanks to all who responded to my questions. And maybe I'll do the above as well and get the remote bundle if they have some in stock.

[quote name='TC']Walked in and saw they had one Hardened for 360 left. I was going to buy it until another young guy walked up and asked me if I was going to buy it and was really disappointed when I told him yeah. So when the game guy came over to unlock the cabinet I told him I'll take the regular version and give the other dude the Hardened version. He thanked me about 5 times. He's was going to get way more play time out of the game than I ever would so why not do something nice.[/QUOTE]

Very cool of you. Which store was this?

[quote name='Davivascaino']Hey Guys,

Just came back from Kmart at Orthodox Street in Philadelphia/PA, and they still had hardened edition for both system. I bought the PS3, because I think it is more hard to find, since I plan to buy the founders code on ebay.

Anyway, I bought the MW3 and the mass effect 2 for ps3 in order to get the 15/35 coupon. I am not planning to keep ME2, because I do not like RPGs. So, can I trade the ME2 for another game next week, take advantage of the sale buy 1 Get one 40% off and use my coupons? I am afraid that if I use the ME2 towards another purchase my coupons will be eliminated??

Thanks

Davi[/QUOTE]

anyone?? Thanks for the help guys.
by the way, this is the phone number in case you guys want to call the store and ask to hold a copy of HE (215) 288-9550

Well.....

Got my deal...I am more of a Battlefield gamer, and was planning on getting COD anyhow, (I got all the rest), but I have to day this was the best deal so far all year.....AND I got the Hardened Edition instead of the basic.

+ $99.99 Hardened COD3
+ $14.99 Found a copy of Metro 2033 (bin up front near registers)
this qualified me for the over $110 or more in software- $50 in rewards...
-------------
= $114.98- $20 off reward from Uncharted 3 purchase = $101.63 + $50 in coupons

+ COD3 and Metro 2033 for $51.63 !!!

KMART CANNOT BE BEAT THIS YEAR !!!!

Then he ran home to put it on ebay... Just kidding, I believe in pay it forward.

First bad experience at Kmart today. Picked up MW3 and 4000 point card, point card would not discount no matter how many times she tried. Told her to take it off cause I wasnt going to pay 50 for it. This locked up her terminal and she was forced to ring it out (did not ask me to pay for the tranaction.) she does using my $20 coupon from Battlefield, then takes me to customer service to rering. They attempt to ring the game with my coupon but the coupon had been used on prior tranaction, so it was void. She agrees to wring the game with a $20 discount and I check out, but this made the purchase ineligeble for the $15 gaming coupon. I walked out with the game no point card and no coupon. Looks like my Kmart coupon train has ended.

bought MW3 on PS3 and the 360 and got my $50 in coupons easily

but both of my local Kmarts sold out of the 4000 Microsoft point cards

buggar

[quote name='Tendoboy']Well.....

Got my deal...I am more of a Battlefield gamer, and was planning on getting COD anyhow, (I got all the rest), but I have to day this was the best deal so far all year.....AND I got the Hardened Edition instead of the basic.

+ $99.99 Hardened COD3
+ $14.99 Found a copy of Metro 2033 (bin up front near registers)
this qualified me for the over $110 or more in software- $50 in rewards...
-------------
= $114.98- $20 off reward from Uncharted 3 purchase = $101.63 + $50 in coupons

+ COD3 and Metro 2033 for $51.63 !!!

KMART CANNOT BE BEAT THIS YEAR !!!![/QUOTE]

It is a good deal, but no you aren't getting COD3 and Metro 2033 for $51.63. You aren't getting that $50 until you buy something else worth at least $50. And don't forget that you had to buy Uncharted 3 to get that $20 coupon. So really you're buying Uncharted 3, COD3, Metro 2033 and $50+ of other games for ... something. LOL. It's a good deal, but not quite as good as you said.

[quote name='ilnadmy']I will say this about the Penn Station Kmart - if anyone is looking for Hardened Editions you may want to hurry, as when I left at around 7:20am they had 3 Xbox Hardened and 1 PS3 Hardened edition copies left. They actually may very well be gone by now.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case all HE are gone because I picked up the PS3 HE at 8:30 and was told they didn't have any Xbox.

I picked up CoD, Metal Gear, Loco Roco 2, and 4000 points. Used 50$ in coupons from last week and the total was around 97$ and received both of the 15 & 35$ coupons. Good haul.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Have fun :)[/QUOTE]

I originally read this post on my phone and had no idea what it meant. I guess the phone doesn't show the titles of posts.

Good to hear confirmation. SR3 and Skyrim it is.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Just got denied to purchase two copies of MW3 at my local Redwood City CA Kmart. They were on different consoles! Managements response is they got a memo that its one copy of the game per person. I'm on my way to the san mateo store now.[/QUOTE]
Did you see the 4000pt card at either? I didn't see it at the Redwood city one when I was there last week.

[quote name='animalspinners']I really, really wouldn't count on K-Mart holding it for you.

Saying they will do something and actually doing it are two different things; I've read lots of stories in this thread about K-Mart holding something for someone, then another employee ends up selling it or the held item is "misplaced" before the guy gets there.

If you want it, I'd get down there as soon as possible.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.
When I went in last week to get Uncharted, I told the sales rep how much I wanted MW3 HE and how I wasn't planning on coming in early to get it because I emailed Andrew to find out that this location was only going to get 1 copy for PS3 and I'd imagine someone on the staff would want it.

He offered to hold it for me because he is a stand up guy and probably because I'm a girl. As I was leaving I said, " 'David', you'll remember me, right?" And he told me of course, and that he'd hold it for me until noon. I noticed during our conversation that he asked me if I wanted U3 for xbox360, so I decided that if I wanted to commit my 100 bucks to MW3, I'd better go by opening.

I woke up at 7 to get there for opening today. There were 2 people that arrived shortly after me. The sales rep was out for a smoke and he 1) didn't remember who I was and 2) Didn't know what the hardened edition was. There was a fellow female CAGer there and she was amazing to the extent of INSISTING he dig through the boxes and there there were, at the bottom, five small black boxes, our buried treasures!

I got the only hardened edition for PS3. I picked it up with BAC, because my location did not stock MGS collection. I still appreciate my sales rep, for a non gamer he is amazing at knowing his stuff! But do get there ASAP, because when I got my copy at 8am there was about 30 ppl waiting behind me.

is the rock band game/keyboard bundle considered software or hardware? Since mw3 and the point card discount is fubar'd, I am considering buying the rb3 keyboard bundle+mw3+4000msp to be way over the 110 threshold, but if the rb3 bundle wouldn't work then I'll probably order from amazon and save my gas.

My little story:

Went to Kmart to just grab Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, but then I encountered a line of people waiting to purchase MW3. I counted about 15. Ok, MGS HD collection was actually not in the display case and then the manager tells me that she didn't see them when she was putting out MW3. Another lady went through the trouble to look if they had it in any of the boxes and actually managed to find 2 copies for each console. Manager was very surprised. I thanked the lady many thanks.

Yes, they only had 2 copies for each console at my nearest kmart.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
Coupons work on the bogo
Have fun :)[/QUOTE]

Great news Josh!
Bought mw3 @ store 3363 (katella in anaheim, ca) with two coupons, $20 (from BF3) and $10 (dew+doritos!). CSR Jaime fist-bumped me on the doritos coupon, lol.

$15 dollar coupon printed with "not valid on buy one get one events". But, based on Josh's comment, I guess we can ignore that:)

Also,
1) ZERO 4000pts cards at the store. Plenty of 12 month XBL cards (tons of 1600 too but no discount on those). Jaime, who should be commended, looked around for the cards but came back cardless. He mentioned to another CSR "See, I told her that we should have got more cards last week but they didn't listen". Moreover, Jaime knew about past deals and upcoming deals (b1g-half), which is seemingly rare at Kmarts. He's trying to make the deals work for us but his supervisors aren't helping him out, it seems.
2)No HE was ever in stock at this store. Another CAG in front of me was the first one at the store and verified this.

Update: Forgot to say, THANKS again, Josh for setting this up!

[quote name='DaBoltz']
$15 dollar coupon printed with "not valid on buy one get one events". But, based on Josh's comment, I guess we can ignore that:)[/QUOTE]

O_O

I hope it works during that week.

Woke up early this morning and hit up my local Kmart. Everything went super smooth and my coupons printed out perfectly fine! Thanks Josh!!!

2gtur8l.jpg

Any more information on the 4000 point card problem? I have been reading each post all morning and there still really is not much confirmation one way or the other as to whether or not we can get 2x MW3 and a 4000 ms card and still receive the $50 in coupons.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Any more information on the 4000 point card problem? I have been reading each post all morning and there still really is not much confirmation one way or the other as to whether or not we can get 2x MW3 and a 4000 ms card and still receive the $50 in coupons.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Everyone who has posted has been getting the HE edition plus another game so it wouldn't mater if the point card counted against one of the games since they would still be over $110. I'm still hoping someone can confirm/deny that a copy of regular MW3 + another $59.99 game + 4000 point card = a $50 GC and $20 off the point card.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Any more information on the 4000 point card problem? I have been reading each post all morning and there still really is not much confirmation one way or the other as to whether or not we can get 2x MW3 and a 4000 ms card and still receive the $50 in coupons.[/QUOTE]

You won't

Slightly off-topic question, but I haven't been keeping up with all this Hardened Edition nonsense. Did most retailers get extra copies to sell or just K-Mart? Is Activision really limiting this or will this be available for a while like previous editions?

(I'm not really a COD guy but I'm trying to wrap my head around the outrageous amounts they are selling for on eBay)

I just got back from K-mart. I went in at 11 a.m. and was surprised when I asked about the hardened edition, and the associate said "360? Yeah I have one I'll have to go get it." She came back out of the stockroom said it was the only copy they got but no one else had asked for it. They did not have any of the 4000 point cards unfortunately, but I figured elite is included anyway so I'm just missing out on the points at a discount.

You would think running an ad (that you know about in advance) you would make sure to have acceptable stock levels of the sale items...

[quote name='chriscolbert']Slightly off-topic question, but I haven't been keeping up with all this Hardened Edition nonsense. Did most retailers get extra copies to sell or just K-Mart? Is Activision really limiting this or will this be available for a while like previous editions?

(I'm not really a COD guy but I'm trying to wrap my head around the outrageous amounts they are selling for on eBay)[/QUOTE]

My walmart got probably around 400 regular editions total for 360/PS3. 0 hardened.

As others have said, it seems like you WONT get it. However, if you're willing to scrounge through the "bargain bin" for a $11+ clearance game you'll have enough to cover what the -20.00 points card deducts. Its not necessarily ideal, however if you can actually find a game that you "sort of" wanted for cheap, its still a win.

Again hopefully it gets fixed, and since it sounds like you're willing to get 2 regular editions, the longer you're willing to wait the more likely a fix will come. I'm sure they'll have plenty of the regular editions at least through thursday (I expect A LOT of people will pickup Skyrim + MW3, so I'd recommend going before friday).

If you've got relatives that are kids and wont mind some cheap game for christmas throwing in one of those bargain bin games is an easy way to kill two birds with one stone (cross off an xmas present while getting yourself covered for the coupons)

EDIT ADD: I would call ahead of time however and ask your store if they have the 4000pts cards because not many have them, and it sounds like thats a big selling point for you, so I wouldnt risk showing up there without them having one held for you.

[quote name='guccibro']tried going to the store on cross keys next to hazelwood central but nothing i wanted. so went ways past a little bit to the west florissant store by the the walmart and had everything. the 12 months subscrip, 10 copies of regular mw3, points card, and as i was leaving the old guy told me he had 2 hardened editions he was selling for 99.99 each. i said no thanks, can only afford regular lol.[/QUOTE]

The always have stuff there. Not the best customer service but still. Not sure if I'm going to get mw3 this week or next. The buy one get one 50% is too tempting

[quote name='dino88']I originally read this post on my phone and had no idea what it meant. I guess the phone doesn't show the titles of posts.

Good to hear confirmation. SR3 and Skyrim it is.[/QUOTE]

Creepy avatar...

easiest kmart trip ever since its the first time new releases have been out in the cases before i got there and I didnt ask for them to search for it in the back :|

only 2 hardened for the 360 btw

1st transaction:
1 copy of MW3 for 360
1 copy of MW3 for PS3
4000 point card

$15 + $35 coupon printed out :D

2nd transaction:
1 copy of MW3 for 360
1 copy of MW3 for PS3
4000 point card
Used $10 Dorito Coupon
Used $15 Dance Central 2 Coupon

WOOT! asked the associate if she would be there sunday for mario and she said yes

[quote name='cubeenigma']easiest kmart trip ever since its the first time new releases have been out in the cases before i got there and I didnt ask for them to search for it in the back :|

only 2 hardened for the 360 btw

1st transaction:
1 copy of MW3 for 360
1 copy of MW3 for PS3
4000 point card

2nd transaction:
1 copy of MW3 for 360
1 copy of MW3 for PS3
4000 point card
Used $10 Dorito Coupon
Used $15 Dance Central 2 Coupon

WOOT! asked the associate if she would be there sunday for mario and she said yes[/QUOTE]
Did you get the regular editions of MW3?

just got back from kmart (whitehall, PA). Staff (jaime?) was very polite and I picked up the hardened edition (xbox). coupon printed out no problem!

while waiting for her to check on the hardened edition, two other employees asked if i needed help as well. pretty good experience

[quote name='dacool561']Did you get the regular editions of MW3?[/QUOTE]
yessir! since i started shopping at that kmart, ive only had one problem >:| but thats a pretty good ratio in comparison to other peoples experiences which totally sucks...

Just got back from the K-Mart in New Castle, Pa. They have HEs of CoD for both systems. I didn't buy one but, in case anybody was looking for one.

Did have some issues with the employee. Was looking to pick up MGS, ICO and something else as filler. I got there and there was no sign of MGS. I asked her about it and she said it doesn't come out today. I told her it did. She insisted it doesn't. I then pointed in the glass case where the price tag for the game was already applied to the shelf, which had a different game in it. I politely asked her if she could go and check the backroom because I didn't want to have to buy something I didn't really want to hit the 110 tier. She wouldn't do it and said she was too busy (despite no other customers in the electronics section at the time).

So I grabbed a copy of PoP Trilogy to get me over (along with Sly Collection and Lair). Does anybody know...if I wait until later in the week and take PoP back and exchange it or take it to another K-Mart that DOES have MGS, will it screw anything up with the coupon? I figure I would be doing the exchange during the same week as the 40/110 promotion so it isn't like it would be anything shady. I would have just gone back later in the week to see if MGS was out then but the copy of ICO was the last one left and I didn't want to risk somebody else snagging it.

For those of us who purchased 2 copies of Modern Warfare 3 earlier today or last night and were not able to get the discount for the 4,000 point card without it ruining our $110 pre-tax threshold, are we pretty much screwed now?

I really want/wanted the 4,000 point card at the advertised $29.99 price point since my store didn't get any Hardened editions in and I am on a budget.

Can I make a genernal request? It will help me and many others in their hunts, I assume.

If you buy a copy of the Hardened Edition, please post the location and amount of copies remaining at that location.

[quote name='tumor20']had no problem picking up mw3 and 4000 point card, used $40 in coupons. $15 coupon printed fine.[/QUOTE]

What what!?! So is this card issue fixed?

Whats weird is I got it at midnight as well and my receipt is showing that the machine took the $20 off the XBOX Live card. Even my $50 coupons printed out fine.

[quote name='BrolyB593']How did your receipt look? Did both MW3 come up as 59.99 and then the point card at 30.00? Or was one of the MW3s deducted to 39.99 while the card remained at 50.00?

Silly question and sounds nit picky but it affects if I can jump on the deal or not.[/QUOTE]

My receipt was the following:

X360 MW3 59.99
PS3 MW3 59.99
XBL 4000 PTS 49.99
-Activation-
Gamer Coupon (from B:AC) -30.00
XBOX LIVE -20.00

Total was $128 after tax

Cashier even said that she did the deal about 5-6 times already (this was at 10 am) so at least here it's working.

So If I buy $20 worth of Doritos and Mountain Dew I get an extra $10 off, but put an extra 10 lbs on?!?

No thanks! :lol:

Oh and FYI to people in greater Columbus area, from the 4 K-Marts I talked to, nobody got Hardened Editions in stock. So don't even bother.

Also, I went to 2 Targets at 9 am, and they were cleaned out. Either there is a major reseller here or they just didn't get many.

[quote name='wargod']So If I buy $20 worth of Doritos and Mountain Dew I get an extra $10 off, but put an extra 10 lbs on?!?

No thanks! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Trust me it take more than $20 worth of Doritos and Mt. Dew to put 10 lbs on.

[quote name='wargod']So If I buy $20 worth of Doritos and Mountain Dew I get an extra $10 off, but put an extra 10 lbs on?!?

No thanks! :lol:[/QUOTE]

My excuse...my daughter's birthday is in four weeks. I don't drink soda or eat chips but the people coming to her birthday party will.

Mt. Dew and Doritos: The official beverage and snack provider of McKenzie's 5th birthday party!!!

[quote name='rp71284']My receipt was the following:

X360 MW3 59.99
PS3 MW3 59.99
XBL 4000 PTS 49.99
-Activation-
Gamer Coupon (from B:AC) -30.00
XBOX LIVE -20.00

Total was $128 after tax

Cashier even said that she did the deal about 5-6 times already (this was at 10 am) so at least here it's working.[/QUOTE]

XBOX LIVE - 20? The extra copy of MW3 has nothing to do with that, right? As the points card is 29.99

Just a thought: You all looking for the HE might have better luck checking K-Marts that DON'T have midnight openings. Mine didn't and had several copies for both systems when I left there 45 minutes ago.

It is in New Castle, PA...about an hour north of Pittsburgh.

[quote name='wargod']XBOX LIVE - 20? The extra copy of MW3 has nothing to do with that, right? As the points card is 29.99[/QUOTE]
he only bought one mw3 for the 360 :|

its $20 off the card when purchased with mw3 for 360

Went to Kmart in Naperville, IL this morning. They have a few regular copies of game-no hardened
Very smooth. Used 20 UC3 coupon on MW3+007 Reloaded and got my $50 coupon
Also got MGS HD

[quote name='cancerman1120']What what!?! So is this card issue fixed?[/QUOTE]
My internal team is saying it is good but I am not taking the CAG account of acting differently lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back