KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'm a tad confused again. The $50 in coupons we get - are those coupons valid on gaming hardware purchases? I don't mean to qualify for the coupon, but when we redeem them? I was thinking of using my $50 in coupons toward a 3DS. But in the OP (or one of those posts) it says both gaming purchase and gaming software in two different spots, so I'm unclear on if this will work.

[quote name='wtsutton']Just got back from the K-Mart in New Castle, Pa. They have HEs of CoD for both systems. I didn't buy one but, in case anybody was looking for one.

Did have some issues with the employee. Was looking to pick up MGS, ICO and something else as filler. I got there and there was no sign of MGS. I asked her about it and she said it doesn't come out today. I told her it did. She insisted it doesn't. I then pointed in the glass case where the price tag for the game was already applied to the shelf, which had a different game in it. I politely asked her if she could go and check the backroom because I didn't want to have to buy something I didn't really want to hit the 110 tier. She wouldn't do it and said she was too busy (despite no other customers in the electronics section at the time).

So I grabbed a copy of PoP Trilogy to get me over (along with Sly Collection and Lair). Does anybody know...if I wait until later in the week and take PoP back and exchange it or take it to another K-Mart that DOES have MGS, will it screw anything up with the coupon? I figure I would be doing the exchange during the same week as the 40/110 promotion so it isn't like it would be anything shady. I would have just gone back later in the week to see if MGS was out then but the copy of ICO was the last one left and I didn't want to risk somebody else snagging it.[/QUOTE]

How much was the Sly Collection? I had no luck searching the thread for any confirmation on whether or not the price dropped on this (the list in the OP isn't clear).

OT but I want to point out that for all the people who claim (maybe not here) that BF3 gamers are so much more mature they really seem to have gone out of their way to bash MW3 on Metacritic. BF3 received about 30 neg. user scores (360) since release yet MW3 has been flooded with over 160 so far. It would appear they have a bit of insecurity about their game. I really hate that crap. I play both and enjoy both..the fanboy crap bothers me more than it should.

[quote name='major morgan']How much was the Sly Collection? I had no luck searching the thread for any confirmation on whether or not the price dropped on this (the list in the OP isn't clear).[/QUOTE]

It was 29.99. Was hoping it would be cheaper too, as per the OP. That is why I had Lair with me at the counter to put me over 110 if Sly WAS marked down. Just said screw it and got Lair too. Only 15 bucks and never tried it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']My internal team is saying it is good but I am not taking the CAG account of acting differently lightly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was responding more to people saying it was working. It seemed like many were reporting a problem. Either way I think I will find a $15 game to add to my haul just to make sure there is no problems.

Picked up a 360 regular version at my local Kmart. Tons for each console. I wanted Uncharted 3, but of course they didn't have any. I also wanted the new Professor Layton game, but couldn't figure out another $20.02+ game I wanted. So I just went with Dark Souls since my husband has been bitching at me to get it. Both coupons printed out A-okay.

Picked up MW3 and Fitness Evolved 2012 (have to counter the MW3 Mountain Dew somehow, right?) to get the full $50 in coupons. Used two previous coupons, got new ones without a problem.

The real disappointment is about the Live cards. The store still has nothing but 1600 point cards. No 12 or 3-month memberships, no 4000 point ones. Josh, maybe next time the deals could involve $5 or $10 off the 1600 point cards, which most places at least seem to have.

Also, they got a box of promo posters and t-shirts, so I thought I would snag one, until the morning electronics girl went on about how she started giving them out to staff, then the manager told her to stop, but since the boxes didn't actually say what to do with the stuff, they now aren't being given to anybody until some decision is made tomorrow. Perhaps some memo should be sent to stores along with promo items, which always seem to get lost in the madness.

Also, yay double SYWR points.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Can someone confirm this would work (or that my math is right)?

CoD MW3 (360) $59.99
4000 Points Card $29.99*
Skyrim $29.99

= $119.98, plus I'd get $50 in coupons?

*I understand there is currently an issue with the points card that will likely be resolved this week.[/QUOTE]

skyrim rings up as 59.99 i made the same mistake that deal is next week for 50% off.

[quote name='wargod']XBOX LIVE - 20? The extra copy of MW3 has nothing to do with that, right? As the points card is 29.99[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cubeenigma']he only bought one mw3 for the 360 :|

its $20 off the card when purchased with mw3 for 360[/QUOTE]

Yeah one of each system, and I wasn't sure if it was exactly XBOX LIVE or XBOX POINTS but it was completely separate.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']My internal team is saying it is good but I am not taking the CAG account of acting differently lightly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can say it worked for me at 10:10 am EST, not sure if that matters

[quote name='Davivascaino']Hey Guys,

Just came back from Kmart at Orthodox Street in Philadelphia/PA, and they still had hardened edition for both system. I bought the PS3, because I think it is more hard to find, since I plan to buy the founders code on ebay.

Anyway, I bought the MW3 and the mass effect 2 for ps3 in order to get the 15/35 coupon. I am not planning to keep ME2, because I do not like RPGs. So, can I trade the ME2 for another game next week, take advantage of the sale buy 1 Get one 40% off and use my coupons? I am afraid that if I use the ME2 towards another purchase my coupons will be eliminated??

Thanks

Davi[/QUOTE]

no one??:whistle2:#:whistle2:#:cold:

I just had an interesting experience. I bought inFamous 2 and MW3 and used my $20 coupon from UC3 bringing the total to $105.98.

The transaction went through but since the employee before had the receipt roll backwards all the receipts that printed out were blank.

The cashier had to get a Manager to print the receipt out in the backroom when she came out she said I was all set. I told her that I need my $15 and $35 game coupon's and she said she couldn't do that back there and that we would need to refund my purchase and do it again. I explained that I need my $20 coupon back so I can get the $50 deal.

She decided to just leave the transaction the way it was and gave me an actual Kmart Gift Card for $50. It looks like I won't have any trouble doing the BOGO 50% off next week.

Let's see, us Batman $30 towards MW3 next week and get another game %50 off (Skyrim?) for a grand total of $60. Or keep my preorder @ amazon.com (skyrim) where it ends up $39.99 (so total I'd be spending $70).

Ah, the choices. I dunno what to do!

[quote name='TC']Walked in and saw they had one Hardened for 360 left. I was going to buy it until another young guy walked up and asked me if I was going to buy it and was really disappointed when I told him yeah. So when the game guy came over to unlock the cabinet I told him I'll take the regular version and give the other dude the Hardened version. He thanked me about 5 times. He's was going to get way more play time out of the game than I ever would so why not do something nice.[/QUOTE]

lol, that guy was a flipper. he just made profit. don't trust anyone.

[quote name='Davivascaino']no one??:whistle2:#:whistle2:#:cold:[/QUOTE]
ethically, no

educasianlly, yes

honestly, no since when you would try to return the ME2, youll get it returned for about the price of the game less $25 or soemthing like that since the coupons are spread among the purchases in the transactions and some other mumbo jumbo

I'm pretty sad today. I had requested Josh to send one copy of the Hardened edition to the Kmart in san Leandro Ca, couple guys there at 7:50am. Knew I probably missed out since when it opened the guys quickly swooped into electronics and wanted the hardened edition.
About 15 guys there also ready to pick up modern warfare 3.

I assume most likely you guys are also from Cag if your reading this and shop there as well, nothing I could do there did't know my community had that many people interested or cagers. Maybe I should have asked Josh to send a couple more in case, or maybe that guy coulda asked to Josh to send some there too since he looked confident it was there.

I was 3rd in line at the Valencia, CA this morning. The lady who was first in line put a MW3 360 and one of the 2 copies of MGS HD on layaway, so I was thankful the 2nd guy in line didn't want one. I added a Lego Star Wars 3, and I got my $50 in coupons, no problems.

Since I read about the 4000 pt card issue, I didn't bother trying it, but it sucks that it seems to be working now. (Although if I waited, I wouldn't have gotten MGS, so that's an OK trade off.)

Oh, and no Hardened Editions. This store hasn't gotten any for the games this year, so it was not at all shocking. It's too bad, since I know they'd sell to the group of regulars they have cultivated there.

well all this waiting to see if the point/live cards would get fix is now pointless for me. I forgot how terrible my Kmart is and they are out of stock of both cards and Uncharted 3. I'll try one more Kmart and if that falls through, TRU is just around the block.

Want to give a shout out to F the awesome lady at my K . In and out in a lil over 5 minutes . MW3 + Forza 4 + 4000 pt card + $50 in coupons = $75 after coupons and SYWR credits . It just doesnt seem fair . I love you guys keep up the excellent deals ! :)

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Can anyone confirm that the $110/$50 promo works twice?[/QUOTE]
i can :|

i have 2 $35 and 2 $15 coupons :|

all for mario 3d, mario kart, and zelda bundle :D

[quote name='wtsutton']It was 29.99. Was hoping it would be cheaper too, as per the OP. That is why I had Lair with me at the counter to put me over 110 if Sly WAS marked down. Just said screw it and got Lair too. Only 15 bucks and never tried it.[/QUOTE]

Damn it. Thanks for the reply!

I had a problem when I purchased MW3, Sonic Generations then a 5$ fill in game to go over 110$ mark, since they didn't have Uncharted 3. I used the coupon from batman to pay brought the total down to 90$ but didn't print off any coupons.

45 minutes later they just ended up giving me an instant discount since the coupon wouldn't print. When they did this they made the mistake of making it 45$ instead of 50$ but then this time a 15$ coupon printed out for some reason so they told me to take it.

All in all it was a big pain even though it ended up alright but counting in the drive and them trying to find uncharted 3 it was 2.5 hours out of my day.

[quote name='Leafitachi']I'm pretty sad today. I had requested Josh to send one copy of the Hardened edition to the Kmart in san Leandro Ca, couple guys there at 7:50am. Knew I probably missed out since when it opened the guys quickly swooped into electronics and wanted the hardened edition.
About 15 guys there also ready to pick up modern warfare 3.

I assume most likely you guys are also from Cag if your reading this and shop there as well, nothing I could do there did't know my community had that many people interested or cagers. Maybe I should have asked Josh to send a couple more in case, or maybe that guy coulda asked to Josh to send some there too since he looked confident it was there.[/QUOTE]

Rule# 1 of being a CAG: Lurkers are always watching and will swoop in and get your stuffs even if they don't post in the threads, you have to assume they are always there.

I always notice that when something is posted here...There is someone in this city (likely very close) who is always a step ahead of me to all the stores.

[quote name='sgr76']Rule# 1 of being a CAG: Lurkers are always watching and will swoop in and get your stuffs even if they don't post in the threads, you have to assume they are always there.

I always notice that when something is posted here...There is someone in this city (likely very close) who is always a step ahead of me to all the stores.[/QUOTE]

Yup I learned my lesson, there are definitely lurkers in my community and I'm well aware of it now. Fortunatly for that guy I'm not the guy that'd fight for it, but itd be a different story Like from a previous poster with the mom that ran in to grab it even though he was in line first.
I admit defeat to the lurker this round, my fault for assuming no one at my local kmart was interested. I'll drop by around 5-6 and hopefully they'll have some regular edition copy left.
I'd post a picture of all the people so you lurker/cagers could see yourself too but my micro sd is fried :whistle2:#

Still a proud CAG and will continue my business, worlds not perfect and lurkers are people too lol.

[quote name='cubeenigma']i can :|

i have 2 $35 and 2 $15 coupons :|

all for mario 3d, mario kart, and zelda bundle :D[/QUOTE]

Mario Kart for 3DS? Because those coupons expire before that comes out

No Hardened editions at Toms River, NJ.

Ended up getting a regular one (PS3), MGS: HD collection (360), and Metro 2033 (360). Used $55 in coupons, got $50 in coupons back. Cashier tried to pull the "can't use more than coupon per transaction." I quashed that real fast.

No Hardened edtions. :(

can't wait to play MW3! just picked up at kmart and now back at work. damn is time going to go by so slow!!!! UGGGHhhh!!

I drove to stevensville Md because they didn't have the midnight launch. tried to catch a hardened. I was the first there at 8:00 there was a steady stream of people buying mw3. I knew it was going to be a long day. They had no 4000 points and no metal gear. I had to buy the hardened to keep the mob off.

I then drove to edgewater md they had plenty of 4000 points and quite a few hardened. as of 10:00 am No real rush so I bout a 4000 point hardened and found tasunoko vs capcom for 15.00 pushing me over the 110 mark coupons printed no problem I returned my single hardened to the greenbelt st so there is 1 360 at customer service as of 145pm on the way back and there was 1 ps3 in the cabinet.

even though it was a lot of driving I had fun.

The sad part was seeing tons of people just buying the game with no sywr card. I was doing my best to tell people. I would say 6 out of 10.

Josh, hoping you can help...

Went to the Crystal Lake, IL store over lunch for what I thought would be a nice quick transaction. I picked up MW3, Guitar Hero Smash Hits and Lego Pirates all for the 360 (came to $114.97 before discounts), plus 4000 MS points ($29.99 after the $20 off). I am an SHC employee, so I used my discount and a $30 gamer coupon. My total went down to $104.01 after everything. I only got the $15 gamer coupon and when I asekd, the girl I was dealing with said the $35 printed on the value BEFORE discount, which I explained I had over $110, not including the MS points before discount. She again said it was based on before the discount and I again explained how my transaction met that criteria. Then she said that it was AFTER discounts, not before. I said fine, then give me my $30 coupon back and re-ring the purchase. She said she couldn't do that because the MS points aren't returnable. They called the store manager over and he said there was nothing he could do because the points weren't returnable. I asked if he could make an exception being that I hadn't even had the MS points card in my hand at all - I just wanted my full $50 in gamer coupons and was willing to pay the full price as long as I got my original $30 back. He just said it was company policy and there was nothing he could do...

Please let me know if you can help - I am beyond frustrated with that store!

got MW3 and Goldeneye (PS3) and the $50 coupons print out fine. WIll come back next week and use the coupons on Metal Gear Solid Collection. =)

Kmart..you disappoint me...no hardened, no metal gear hd collection, no knowledgeable salesperson, no sale! What am I supposed to use this $20 coupon on when you guys don't even have what I want?

[quote name='kouleefoh']got MW3 and Goldeneye (PS3) and the $50 coupons print out fine. WIll come back next week and use the coupons on Metal Gear Solid Collection. =)[/QUOTE]

Good luck waiting a week to pick up the MGHD collection seems like most stores only received 4-5 copies in and not sure if Kmart will restock the item.

Just want to say hope everyone is enjoying Modern Warfare 3 as much as I am. I have been playing since 1:30am and havent stopped since.

My store (Santa Maria, CA) had no MW3 at all for either system. They have a big cardboard cutout up advertising the game, but nothing on the shelves. They still don't have the releases from LAST WEEK--no Goldeneye, no UC3.

Now I have to wait another week and hope I can use my Batman coupon then. But seriously, what the hell Kmart? I want to spend my money but the store hasn't stocked any new releases for two weeks.

The 34th Street location in Manhattan got over 200 copies. At least for XBox. 6 Hardened editions. They had plenty left as of 1:00 pm. The cashier can't wait until they sell out because she's tired of looking at them. They had quite a few for PS3, but they were clearly outnumbered in the case.

The 12 month Live offer didn't work or qualify, which was disappointing, but I got the 4000 points, the $15 coupon and bonus points without issue. I love 34th Street and even Astor Place, but I know others have had issues.

Oh yeah, I used two $20 coupons and on my receipt, they took the $20 off the card not the game. I paid $52.40 in total.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to confirm, if I buy Metal Gear HD today and use a $20 gift card, would I still get a $15 GC? The game is 50 so I would only be spending 30 not 40 which is why I ask. Thanks guys.

[quote name='Lockerfan']Was it ever stated why Kmart isn't getting Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3?[/QUOTE]

Would you as a store order a whole bunch of what essentially is an add-on when you couldn't even move the original game?

I know for a fact that one of the more unorganized crappy K-Marts in my area has at least 20+ MvC3 for Xbox 360 that they seem to use to keep their case full instead of, you know, putting new games out.

Went into to get MGS HD and MW3 for 360, turns out they only had MGS for PS3. Ended up buying that, MW3 and Dark Void(7.99) got my $50 coupon. Should the stores be getting any more copies of MGS HD before the end of the week, and if I want to do an exchange so I can get it for the 360, and keep my $50 coupon, do I need to keep MW3 sealed? And would I need to bring all 3 games with me when I do exchange the PS3 MGS for the 360 MGS? I know I need to keep the MGS sealed, but not sure about the rest.

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']Just to confirm, if I buy Metal Gear HD today and use a $20 gift card, would I still get a $15 GC? The game is 50 so I would only be spending 30 not 40 which is why I ask. Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='mistermoravec']is the rock band game/keyboard bundle considered software or hardware? Since mw3 and the point card discount is fubar'd, I am considering buying the rb3 keyboard bundle+mw3+4000msp to be way over the 110 threshold, but if the rb3 bundle wouldn't work then I'll probably order from amazon and save my gas.[/QUOTE]I believe hardware.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']So I'm confused. Is there still a $20 coupon with Skyrim?[/QUOTE]

There never was. If you buy Skyrim by itself on Friday or Saturday you will get a $15 coupon.

PLEASE HELP! I went to the local Kmart here in Abilene, TX to pick up 2 copies of MW3 and get $20 off the 1 Year of xbox live. When I was checking out, it wasn't discounting the Xbox Live membership by $20. So I showed them their own ad and they tried to manually discount the card. They couldn't get the card to discount, so instead they took $20 off the price of one of the MW3 games.
No $15 or $35 coupons printed during the transaction and they told me I could print them from my SYWR account. I logged onto my account and I see that I got SYWR points, but there is nowhere to print any coupons.
So, I really want my $50 in coupons. Am I the only one this happens to every time I shop at Kmart?

[quote name='Gaming-Module']So I'm confused. Is there still a $20 coupon with Skyrim?[/QUOTE]

No, there never was. You can get a $15 coupon for buying Skyrim by itself or you can purchase $50.01 more worth of gaming software and receive $50 worth of coupons to be used between November 13th and November 23rd.

[quote name='hoofrog']Can anyone confirm Skylanders works with the 110/50 deal? It is still not working in Fay, NC.[/QUOTE]

Didn't work for me....got that with metal gear collection and it only printed the $15. Pretty disappointed since I used $55 in coupons I can't get back. Hoping Josh can help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back