KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JoeCamNet']Hey sageridder, you know there's an EDIT button right?

Just saw that Amazon has a hardcover art book as a preorder bonus for Rayman. This throws a much larger wrench into my plans. Now to figure out how to handle Halo. I still REALLY hate that it's the only $40 game in this BOGO offer. I'd just skip the offer and buy ONLY Halo, but I figure for another $20 I can buy a second copy for a Christmas gift or something...
Josh and Co.: May I send a suggestion your way? Next time you guys plan out a Buy One, Get One style offer, can you try to include multiple games for each price point?

Could someone help me?

I read the OP and was starting the read the last few pages but some of these posts are unbearable...

1. Is their a promotion on the 3DS hardware this week? I thought I remembered seeing a $25 coupon but that might have been last week. I know their is a $35 coupon set up for next week but I'm trying to get one today as I have travel plans tomorrow I'd like to use it for.

2. Is their a fix or workaround to the Xbox Live/MS Points cards subtracting $25 from the trigger amount in the MW3 (Xbox 360) spend $110+ and get a $50 Gaming coupon deal?

I'd like to buy to $59.99 games; one of which would be MW3 and I"d also like to get a points card but I don't want to do so and not get the $50 coupon. I know this was an issue on Tuesday but I wasn't sure if it had been resolved.

Thanks for the help

[quote name='GBAstar']Could someone help me?

I read the OP and was starting the read the last few pages but some of these posts are unbearable...

1. Is their a promotion on the 3DS hardware this week? I thought I remembered seeing a $25 coupon but that might have been last week. I know their is a $35 coupon set up for next week but I'm trying to get one today as I have travel plans tomorrow I'd like to use it for.

2. Is their a fix or workaround to the Xbox Live/MS Points cards subtracting $25 from the trigger amount in the MW3 (Xbox 360) spend $110+ and get a $50 Gaming coupon deal?

I'd like to buy to $59.99 games; one of which would be MW3 and I"d also like to get a points card but I don't want to do so and not get the $50 coupon. I know this was an issue on Tuesday but I wasn't sure if it had been resolved.

Thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

The original post said that the 110 is games only. Even a 59.99 and a 49.99 points card would be under. Something else would need to be purchased. Also a tip I learned Tues is that if you have any rewards dollars on your card, have the cashier use them last. They do work with coupons/deals. Good luck... Sorry no insight on the MS points other than the original post.

Well Josh, you got me on MW3. Grabbed the game and 4k points card from store #3435. Used my Dew coupon and since I wasn't completely sure if there was still a problem with the $15 coupon printing, I threw AC/DC @ 3 bucks in to ensure there was at least 40 in the purchase. Everything went thru fine. Quick story, worker asked why I was there. Told her I was there for MW3 and she says you didn't get it yesterday? You normally come in on the first day of the sale:lol:. Also thought it was nice that they put all the MW3 copies in the Electronics counter display instead of the games display case. Made the transaction go quicker since I didn't have to look over there to see if they had it in stock

Now my plan is to use the 15cpn on Mario next week. Thank you Josh

[quote name='Spinshag']The original post said that the 110 is games only. Even a 59.99 and a 49.99 points card would be under. Something else would need to be purchased. Also a tip I learned Tues is that if you have any rewards dollars on your card, have the cashier use them last. They do work with coupons/deals. Good luck... Sorry no insight on the MS points other than the original post.[/QUOTE]

I know the $110 threshold is games only. My point was if I buy two copies of $59.99 games the total would be $119.98. Then if I buy a $50 (4000) pts card is it going to subtract the $25 discount from the gaming merchandise total like it was earlier in the week and charge me full price for the card?

If it is still rining up that way I would i not get the $50 gaming coupon? I just wanted to see if that glitch was fixed or if Josh's hands were tied.

[quote name='GBAstar']I know the $110 threshold is games only. My point was if I buy two copies of $59.99 games the total would be $119.98. Then if I buy a $50 (4000) pts card is it going to subtract the $25 discount from the gaming merchandise total like it was earlier in the week and charge me full price for the card?

If it is still rining up that way I would i not get the $50 gaming coupon? I just wanted to see if that glitch was fixed or if Josh's hands were tied.[/QUOTE]

I believe you need to buy MW3 to get the point card discount. Just make sure they scan your sywr card first. The 20 will come off automatically.

you guys arent answering his question. I dont know the answer either though so at least you tried. I know the 3ds deal was last week.

Skyrim embargo lifts in less than half an hour from now.

The team must be really busy with e-mails. I sent one the other night.

If you guys can read this, just get back to me when you can. I don't want history repeating itself when I go back tomorrow for Skyrim. Thanks!

So being in the market for a Nintendo 3DS and knowing the best BF deal will probably be $140 at best, I make break my cherry finally and make my first K-Mart game purchase ever.

Are there $120 worth of "good" 3DS games to get right now to take advantage of the $50 coupon?

If yes, then I can get games and use the $50 coupon to buy the 3DS next week that will come in around $129 total after coupon.

Thoughts?

[quote name='rightwingjedi']So being in the market for a Nintendo 3DS and knowing the best BF deal will probably be $140 at best, I make break my cherry finally and make my first K-Mart game purchase ever.

Are there $120 worth of "good" 3DS games to get right now to take advantage of the $50 coupon?

If yes, then I can get games and use the $50 coupon to buy the 3DS next week that will come in around $129 total after coupon.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Zelda and Star Fox would be my top 2. The Ghost Recon game is cool too. You'd prolly have a better selection looking at some of the recent regular DS releases like Kirby or Prof Layton.

[quote name='rightwingjedi']So being in the market for a Nintendo 3DS and knowing the best BF deal will probably be $140 at best, I make break my cherry finally and make my first K-Mart game purchase ever.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
Zelda if you havent played that. Professor Layton and The Last Specter just released for DS. Devil Survivor Overclocked if you can find a copy. Not sure if Kmart carried that. Some regular DS games are out for good prices. Prof Layton Curious Village/Diabolical Box are $14.99 each. Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Ghost Trick are also $14.99 if you can find them I believe.

[quote name='ShockandAww']you guys arent answering his question. I dont know the answer either though so at least you tried. I know the 3ds deal was last week.

Skyrim embargo lifts in less than half an hour from now.[/QUOTE]

^Thanks. I figured after all the back and forth discussions I saw on Tuesday that someone would have gotten a definite answer and would have updated the OP.

I know that MW3 (360) is the trigger game for the $25 discount on EITHER the 4000pts or 1 year Xbox Live subscription.

I also know that you have to spend MORE then $110 on SOFTWARE before tax to get the $50 in gaming coupons.

What was happening earlier in the week was that the $25 instant savings WYB MW3 and a points card/xbox live subscription was being taking off the value of the games NOT the cards; therefore if you bought two $59.99 games including MW3 (360) the computer only calculated you spending $119.98 - $25 savings = $104.98 which is not > $110 which means people weren't getting the $50 coupon.

Seeing how I want to pay using a bunch of coupons I don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to return a purchase made with coupons that also gives coupons or having to contact Josh.

I would have read through the last 200+ post since Tuesday but some of these posts are almost unbearable to read.

Thanks though for all that tried to answer the question.

[quote name='GBAstar']^Thanks. I figured after all the back and forth discussions I saw on Tuesday that someone would have gotten a definite answer and would have updated the OP.

I know that MW3 (360) is the trigger game for the $25 discount on EITHER the 4000pts or 1 year Xbox Live subscription.

I also know that you have to spend MORE then $110 on SOFTWARE before tax to get the $50 in gaming coupons.

What was happening earlier in the week was that the $25 instant savings WYB MW3 and a points card/xbox live subscription was being taking off the value of the games NOT the cards; therefore if you bought two $59.99 games including MW3 (360) the computer only calculated you spending $119.98 - $25 savings = $104.98 which is not > $110 which means people weren't getting the $50 coupon.

Seeing how I want to pay using a bunch of coupons I don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to return a purchase made with coupons that also gives coupons or having to contact Josh.

I would have read through the last 200+ post since Tuesday but some of these posts are almost unbearable to read.

Thanks though for all that tried to answer the question.[/QUOTE]

Some people had no issues with both coupons printing with MW3 another $60 game and a 4000 pt card. Personally I'd try to find like a $12-20 game I wanted just to be safe.

Zelda w/ Golden Remote Bundle - Every single Kmart store is getting this (limited stock, probably 3 per store). This should end the dozens of emails on it, hooray!

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Zelda w/ Golden Remote Bundle - Every single Kmart store is getting this (limited stock, probably 3 per store). This should end the dozens of emails on it, hooray![/QUOTE]
Nice, thanks!

Hey, does anyone know how to preorder the Skyward Sword bundle? Will my store be getting any? Is there someone I can email to preorder my copy?

:roll: Be prepared for it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Right that's why I'm wondering what exactly happened. I mean if he did it right the coupons should have printed regardless of what the cashier wanted to happen. So if they did print the cashier would have basically had to steal them. If they didnt print I'm wondering if he forgot to use his SYWR card.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If any kmart promo went through without a hitch, it was the gears one.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Hey, does anyone know how to preorder the Skyward Sword bundle? Will my store be getting any? Is there someone I can email to preorder my copy?[/quote]

Kmart doesn't do preorders, and if you look 2 posts before yours someone just answered your second question.

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Kmart doesn't do preorders, and if you look at the post before yours someone just answered your second question.[/QUOTE]

You must have missed the end of his post.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']
:roll: Be prepared for it.[/QUOTE]

He obviously knows the procedure and is making fun of the people who don't. Reading is fun!!

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Zelda w/ Golden Remote Bundle - Every single Kmart store is getting this (limited stock, probably 3 per store). This should end the dozens of emails on it, hooray![/QUOTE]

I hope there will be more than that, knowing all the Zelda fans will definitely be jumping on this bundle and deal.

Kick ass! My store isn't very busy with gamers anyway, as I'm in a small town.

But I'm gonna be in Vegas that week...hopefully I can get a friend to go in and walk them through the process. (Including the argument that will occur when Kmart doesn't have the game out on Sunday...heh.)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I hope there will be more than that, knowing all the Zelda fans will definitely be jumping on this bundle and deal.[/QUOTE]

Well, I thought every MW3 fan would jump on the 1 or 2 copies of MW3 HE and there would be none when I got there, long having been purchased, yet I managed to get one for 360 and left a PS3 one, and that was around 11 AM. So I figure I have a decent chance of getting the remote bundle. Perhaps a good chance.

[quote name='merchie89']I'm a my cell phone and driving so back off, can I use 2 sepferate sets of 50 coupons next Tuesday? Can't check op or search[/QUOTE]

Always a great way to start a request for information.

And as far as I know, the OP isn't blocked off to cell phones.

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Kmart doesn't do preorders, and if you look 2 posts before yours someone just answered your second question.[/QUOTE]
:lol:
I was just having some fun.

[quote name='merchie89']I'm a my cell phone and driving so back off, can I use 2 sepferate sets of 50 coupons next Tuesday? Can't check op or search[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't be using your cell phone while driving either.

If I pick up $80 in games in 2 separate transaction, and get 2 $15 coupons, can I use both of them on the B1G1 50% off sale next week or does it say limit 1 per transaction on the coupon?

[quote name='GBAstar']^Thanks. I figured after all the back and forth discussions I saw on Tuesday that someone would have gotten a definite answer and would have updated the OP.

Thanks though for all that tried to answer the question.[/QUOTE]

I also posed the same question yesterday. However, I ran across several posts from the latter half of Tuesday which seemed to verify that the MS points card "glitch" may have been fixed. I'm also in the same boat as you. I'm planning to get MW3, Skyrim, and the 4000 pt card tomorrow with the hopes that the $50 in coupons will print. I'm leaning towards adding in a filler game just to be on the safe side. Good luck!

For all the people braving K-Mart to get Skyrim tomorrow, good luck -- I hope it all works out for you. Just remember to always be polite no matter what happens, as you always have the upper hand on the employee due to your connections to Josh.

I personally don't have the patience for it (since I've never had a good experience for a non Tuesday release at K-Mart) so this will be the first time in months I've bought a game someplace else.

You've never been able to use identical coupons in the same transaction, so I don't know why next week would be an exception. You'd only be able to use one $35 coupon and one $15 coupon per transaction.

I'm new to the Kmart deals and I promise I read the OP and the last few pages of comments, but the Skyrim information isn't quite clear to me. Hopefully you guys won't mind clarifying for someone that made the honest effort...

Under the "Coming Soon" section of the OP, it says "11-11 (No PC version) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim No additional offer". Does this mean the PC version will not be stocked or is it just not part of the B1G1 50% off deal?

I was hoping to get Saints Row 3 for 360 and Skyrim for PC in that deal, but that sounds unlikely. I might have to sacrifice and get Skyrim for 360.

[quote name='ckranger11']I'm new to the Kmart deals and I promise I read the OP and the last few pages of comments, but the Skyrim information isn't quite clear to me. Hopefully you guys won't mind clarifying for someone that made the honest effort...

Under the "Coming Soon" section of the OP, it says "11-11 (No PC version) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim No additional offer". Does this mean the PC version will not be stocked or is it just not part of the B1G1 50% off deal?

I was hoping to get Saints Row 3 for 360 and Skyrim for PC in that deal, but that sounds unlikely. I might have to sacrifice and get Skyrim for 360.[/QUOTE]

Kmart doesn't stock PC games when console versions are available. So, they stock Starcraft 2 because it's a PC exclusive, but not Modern Warfare 3 because it's also on consoles.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']:roll: Be prepared for it.[/QUOTE]

Wait until KmartGamer 8.0 comes out.

People will still ask questions after the initial 4-5 posts.

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Not too worried about the Zelda Bundle. Considering my store still has a MW3 Hardened Edition.[/QUOTE]
Just saying but you know you could buy it this week, grab a filler title to get you to $110, get a $50 coupon and then sell that HE and get all your money back.

DUDE! I played Rayman Origins demo last night and it is sweet tits. I sooo hope that it being a platformer for 60 does not turn people away.

Reviews are stellar so far, 9.5/10 on IGN. I will gladly buy this next week with Saints Row for the b1g1 half off. I was going to get Assassins creed, but Rayman needs my support. Plus a four player couch co-op=awesome in my book.

Anyone else buying Rayman over some of the other popular titles?

[quote name='MfMonster']DUDE! I played Rayman Origins demo last night and it is sweet tits. I sooo hope that it being a platformer for 60 does not turn people away.

Reviews are stellar so far, 9.5/10 on IGN. I will gladly buy this next week with Saints Row for the b1g1 half off. I was going to get Assassins creed, but Rayman needs my support. Plus a four player couch co-op=awesome in my book.

Anyone else buying Rayman over some of the other popular titles?[/QUOTE]
Good taste that's exactly what I'm getting. Thought the demo was awesome. I stopped playing though to not spoil crap. Unfortunately it's releasing at a ridiculous time and so will lose a lot of sales.

[quote name='MfMonster']DUDE! I played Rayman Origins demo last night and it is sweet tits. I sooo hope that it being a platformer for 60 does not turn people away.
[/QUOTE]

Its not that its a platformer that will cause low sales, its that it comes out four days after Skyrim, two days after Super Mario Land 3D, the same day as Saints Row 3, Assassin's Creed, Halo and all that other jazz and five days before Zelda.

Ubisoft picked the absolute worst date they could to release it, imo. Even bumping it back a week would have really helped sales.

Its gonna suffer the same fate as Driver (released same day as Dead Island and Resistance 3 and it flopped) and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (released same day as Red Dead Redemption and well, pretty obvious there)

This game will sadly be November's biggest bomb, probably. Ubisoft needs to learn how to pick release dates better.

Considering how quick K-Mart discounts Ubisoft games, especially those with low sales numbers, I'll wait for the sale.

Anyone else buying Rayman over some of the other popular titles?[/QUOTE]

Well I certainly want Rayman more than the others in the sale, but I'm stuck between:

Rayman, Saints Row 3, MW3, and Skyrim.

Rayman has 60+ levels, but the no online co-op kills it for me. I just wish it had it. It also, along with Saints Row 3, is one of the Ubisoft titles that gets a price drop quickly. MW3 will stay full priced until the next COD title, and not sure about Skyrim.

But I feel like playing Rayman more, but I'm worried that

A. It won't be worth $60 for the content.
B. It'll drop in price soon anyways.

Rayman looks like a slice of heaven, Skyrim looks like a deep GOTY experience, MW3 looks like my pick-up-and-play game for the year, and Saints Row 3 looks mega fun co-op. I'm split. :(

[quote name='Methamphetamine']Kmart doesn't stock PC games when console versions are available. So, they stock Starcraft 2 because it's a PC exclusive, but not Modern Warfare 3 because it's also on consoles.[/QUOTE]

Got it - thanks!

[quote name='animalspinners']Its not that its a platformer that will cause low sales, its that it comes out four days after Skyrim, two days after Super Mario Land 3D, the same day as Saints Row 3, Assassin's Creed, Halo and all that other jazz and five days before Zelda.

Ubisoft picked the absolute worst date they could to release it, imo. Even bumping it back a week would have really helped sales.

Its gonna suffer the same fate as Driver (released same day as Dead Island and Resistance 3 and it flopped) and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (released same day as Red Dead Redemption and well, pretty obvious there)

This game will sadly be November's biggest bomb, probably. Ubisoft needs to learn how to pick release dates better.

Considering how quick K-Mart discounts Ubisoft games, especially those with low sales numbers, I'll wait for the sale.[/QUOTE]

I agree the date is down right egregious to release this game during. But, I have read many comments from gamers that feel 60 dollars is too much for a platformer that should be an arcade title. Which, I obviously disagree. The game is said to be huge, gorgeous, and already has my 60. I just hope despite the poor release date it does well. I can wait on Assassins Creed personally and that title won't need the help/support as it will sell well.

[quote name='Methamphetamine']Well I certainly want Rayman more than the others in the sale, but I'm stuck between:

Rayman, Saints Row 3, MW3, and Skyrim.

Rayman has 60+ levels, but the no online co-op kills it for me. I just wish it had it. It also, along with Saints Row 3, is one of the Ubisoft titles that gets a price drop quickly. MW3 will stay full priced until the next COD title, and not sure about Skyrim.

But I feel like playing Rayman more, but I'm worried that

A. It won't be worth $60 for the content.
B. It'll drop in price soon anyways.

Rayman looks like a slice of heaven, Skyrim looks like a deep GOTY experience, MW3 looks like my pick-up-and-play game for the year, and Saints Row 3 looks mega fun co-op. I'm split. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was feeling the same way. But from the reviews so far it has a lot of content, and some reviewers are using "game of the year", which is saying alot seeing Skyrim, etc released this year and only a week apart.

The price drop issue I usually don't worry about because all of the games drop, some obviously faster than others, but there are some games that need the support at launch, imho. I think you are right about saints row, the others SR dropped fast.

I was curious if others will be picking it up next week along with me? I just hope it does well.

BTW: love the name. lol. funny

[quote name='animalspinners']For all the people braving K-Mart to get Skyrim tomorrow, good luck -- I hope it all works out for you. Just remember to always be polite no matter what happens, as you always have the upper hand on the employee due to your connections to Josh.

I personally don't have the patience for it (since I've never had a good experience for a non Tuesday release at K-Mart) so this will be the first time in months I've bought a game someplace else.[/QUOTE]

Go right to customer service with a printed Skyrim UPC, (or any other random item in a different situation). Ask them if they have it in stock. Once they realize that they have it in stock, they'll find it. That's how I deal with things some times. Just a few days ago I went to a store to find the Theater Seats that were on clearance. Initially they said we only have what's out, but the boxes are huge so I knew they would be in the back. I went to Customer Service and asked them to scan the upc to double check. Sure enough, they had them and found them (in the back) for me.

Holy crap — next week is going to be awesome and I won't feel super guilty about it. Thanks Kmart and OP (something I wouldn't have said two years ago on CAG).

Well I stopped by 2 local Kmarts to see what the clearance racks had so I could get rid of my 2nd $10 Mt Dew coupon. I either already had the game or did not want it. decided to get a 1600 point card for $10 and I will use it to buy Crysis eventually. Seemed like a good use since I have not played the original and I liked the 2nd one.

I will probably pair MW3 with Skyrim. I'm most interested in Assassin's Creed, but I know it won't have much lasting value for me outside of multiplayer, which while fun is not as quick and easy to pick up and hop in to as MW3. I really want Saint's Row: The Third and Rayman, but the open world complexity of Skyrim (which I'm definitely picking up) would kind of clash with SR and AC:R. Rayman could provide the same ease of entry as MW3, and I know it needs the support, but until I start getting a little more money coming in I have to think with my wallet, and the wallet says that MW3 will give me plenty of playtime while holding close to a $60 value, while Rayman and SR3 will probably get lost in the holiday shuffle and drop in price fairly quickly.

The Rayman Demo was a blast but I have a hard time paying $60 for a straight up platformer this generation. Also, no online co-op? Great if you have 2 kids to play on the couch but bad if you want to play with a friend in another state.

Lack of games in both NYC stores. How are there no copies of Sonic Generations or Uncharted 3.
Astro Pl. store has the laziest person working electronics. She didn't want to check for the games.
I saw that some decent games were hidden behind the others.
Just kept telling me if it isn't the first one displayed, it isn't there.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Just saying but you know you could buy it this week, grab a filler title to get you to $110, get a $50 coupon and then sell that HE and get all your money back.[/QUOTE]

Are they really that rare? I might but won't have the extra money till tomorrow. Haven't even got, my coupons, I planned to get yet.

[quote name='cancerman1120']The Rayman Demo was a blast but I have a hard time paying $60 for a straight up platformer this generation. Also, no online co-op? Great if you have 2 kids to play on the couch but bad if you want to play with a friend in another state.[/QUOTE]

That is my thinking as well but, if you plan on getting Sykrim which is really the only game out of the bunch IMO worth $60 you could pair that with Rayman essentially getting it half off while paying full for Skyrim that would at least justify it guess it depends on how you view the purchase.

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Are they really that rare? I might but won't have the extra money till tomorrow. Haven't even got, my coupons, I planned to get yet.[/QUOTE]
Hard to find anyway. They extended getting founder status until the end of the month though so I dont know how well the resell value will hold. Theyre selling for about $150 at the moment. Minus fees/shipping you wouldnt get much over what you pay but still it's a $50 coupon for minimal work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back