KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking about picking up MW3 & Skyrim in the B1G1 50% off deal. Do I have any choice in which one I want to cost $30? I'd rather give my $60 to Skyrim... for various reasons.. is it the second game scanned that's $30?

[quote name='Methamphetamine']I'm thinking about picking up MW3 & Skyrim in the B1G1 50% off deal. Do I have any choice in which one I want to cost $30? I'd rather give my $60 to Skyrim... for various reasons.. is it the second game scanned that's $30?[/QUOTE]

It will probably on the order they are scanned in. So for instance, if the games are located in the glass prison then you would have them grab MW3 first then Skyrim, that should at least assure Skyrim is the game is on top of the short pile :lol:

[quote name='kouleefoh']oy, Skyrim + Saints row 3 or Revelation?[/QUOTE]
Well.. Revelations is going to be $35 black friday, while Skyrim and Saints Row 3 are still going to be full price.

So I'd say get Skyrim and Saints Row 3 now, and Revelations then.

[quote name='Methamphetamine']I'm thinking about picking up MW3 & Skyrim in the B1G1 50% off deal. Do I have any choice in which one I want to cost $30? I'd rather give my $60 to Skyrim... for various reasons.. is it the second game scanned that's $30?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully someone who has already taken advantage of the deal this week can confirm and correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past I'm pretty sure it either just listed a separate discount under both games like "PACKAGE DISCOUNT $30.00" or it would take $15 off each game for return purposes.

I work at the 'mart, the discount is always split between both games during the return process. So both would be returned at $45.

I read through the original post and this might have been answered before but can I use a gaming coupon on points cards? I also read the coupon and it just vaguely states that it's valid on gaming purchases so I would assume yes but just hoping somebody could confirm.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']But what if the cashier goes LIFO instead of FIFO?[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'm not the only one to have suffered through accounting :lol:

[quote name='chriscolbert']Looks like I'm not the only one to have suffered through accounting :lol:[/QUOTE]
Or played MTG. :)

So I bought 2 copies of Skyrim last week during the spend $110 and get a $15 and $35 gaming coupon. I was going to give one to a friend but he already bought. I used the $35 coupon already, would I still be able to return one copy of Skyrim? If not could I trade it in for something equally worth the amount? Like 2 3DS games or something?

[quote name='knight613']So I bought 2 copies of Skyrim last week during the spend $110 and get a $15 and $35 gaming coupon. I was going to give one to a friend but he already bought. I used the $35 coupon already, would I still be able to return one copy of Skyrim? If not could I trade it in for something equally worth the amount? Like 2 3DS games or something?[/QUOTE]

YMMV on the exchange of equal value. By definition you would lose the value of the coupon(s) on a return, so an exchange is your only option and is still very YMMV.

[quote name='knight613']So I bought 2 copies of Skyrim last week during the spend $110 and get a $15 and $35 gaming coupon. I was going to give one to a friend but he already bought. I used the $35 coupon already, would I still be able to return one copy of Skyrim? If not could I trade it in for something equally worth the amount? Like 2 3DS games or something?[/QUOTE]
I would think and exchange would work as the offer wasn't limited and any games would have worked. I wouldn't however expect any coupons from the new game or games because it would circumvent the offer to include games that offered a coupon that weren't doing so during the first offer.

[quote name='serpentish']i read through the original post and this might have been answered before but can i use a gaming coupon on points cards? I also read the coupon and it just vaguely states that it's valid on gaming purchases so i would assume yes but just hoping somebody could confirm.[/quote]

yes!

[quote name='*Deathblade2'][quote name='SHC-Gamer']

Hate to mention this here, but your PM option is not there. I sent you an email last week with receipt about getting only the $15 coupon and the $35 not printing. I bought Skylanders, 3rd birthday, and MGS HD collection. I have not gotten a response yet.[/QUOTE]

I have to say this (Im sorry) but why did you walk out of the store without the coupon. If it didn't print, then you should have returned it on the spot and called for a manager. Its your responsibility to check the receipt after every transaction (big or small) to make sure that the amount you paid was correct.

This might have already been covered but...

If I buy a 3DS and Mario this week it would end up being:
209.98+tax, plus 50 dollars in coupons
If I buy the 'holiday bundle' 3ds, red 3DS and Mario it would be:
199.99+tax, plus 25 dollars in coupons

Essentially...this week is better than black friday for the potential 3DS buyer?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']This might have already been covered but...

Essentially...this week is better than black friday for the potential 3DS buyer?[/QUOTE]

Plus you wouldn't have to deal with crowds and stupid people on BF. :bouncy:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Plus you wouldn't have to deal with crowds and stupid people on BF. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Some are stupid but it is a great way to pick up single moms who need som lovin' during the holidays

Essentially...this week is better than black friday for the potential 3DS buyer?[/QUOTE]

Not bad, Im trying to decide if I'd rather buy a 3DS for a mario game or just dust off my wii and play SMGalaxy 2

Does Kmart carry the 250gb Xbox Slim hard drive? I'd like to use my coupon on that if possible! Just got a new TV and it came with a free 4gb Slim and I'd love to replace my old model.

Walked into Kmart after work to get in on buy one get one 50% off. Asked for two copies of MW3. Would not sell it to me. She said I know you are here for the discount, and it's for tomorrow. I said let's just try, etc. Flat out NO, showed me a print out of the weekly ad (which did say starts 15th). I said let's just try, and if it doesn't, I'll still buy it. She says no, manager says it doesnt work, and why should I open the case and get them. She just walks away. I walk to a different section couple feet away, and she comes back and gossips with the security guard about me.

Really? Tired of emailing. Tired of the lack of respect, the attitude, and having to make TWO trips to get ONE deal. Given recent stock issues, even if I went tomorrow, would be sold out. This isn't the first time this cashier has caused a problem, and def. won't be the last. This single person has caused me to stop shopping at Kmart.

Store 7777, Astor Place NY

Next trip I'll unload all my coupons/points/gift cards, and call it a day.

[quote name='Green__Ranger']This single person has caused me to stop shopping at Kmart.[/QUOTE]
I would have morphed right there and then.

[quote name='Green__Ranger']Walked into Kmart after work to get in on buy one get one 50% off. Asked for two copies of MW3. Would not sell it to me. She said I know you are here for the discount, and it's for tomorrow. I said let's just try, etc. Flat out NO, showed me a print out of the weekly ad (which did say starts 15th). I said let's just try, and if it doesn't, I'll still buy it. She says no, manager says it doesnt work, and why should I open the case and get them. She just walks away. I walk to a different section couple feet away, and she comes back and gossips with the security guard about me.

Really? Tired of emailing. Tired of the lack of respect, the attitude, and having to make TWO trips to get ONE deal. Given recent stock issues, even if I went tomorrow, would be sold out. This isn't the first time this cashier has caused a problem, and def. won't be the last. This single person has caused me to stop shopping at Kmart.

Next trip I'll unload all my coupons/points/gift cards, and call it a day.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, yeah I remember a couple years ago when Vanquish had just come out and Kmart had an unadvertised special of it for $35. My mom went into KMart in Spokane and wanted to get it for that price. The guy there told her that that price was not correct and that if he scanned it it was going to ring up as $60. She called me, I told her 'just get him to scan it and see' and he just kept going on and on about how there really wasn't a need for him to scan it, he had just checked the price himself, a day ago or something, and he knew it wasn't going to scan. He finally scans it as we've been asking him to and sure enough, it's $35 and he just can't believe it. I really don't understand why they can't just do what we ask them to do. We're not asking them to change the prices, we just want you to scan it and tell us what it says. Why must that be a fight?

[quote name='Green__Ranger']Walked into Kmart after work to get in on buy one get one 50% off. Asked for two copies of MW3. Would not sell it to me. She said I know you are here for the discount, and it's for tomorrow. I said let's just try, etc. Flat out NO, showed me a print out of the weekly ad (which did say starts 15th). I said let's just try, and if it doesn't, I'll still buy it. She says no, manager says it doesnt work, and why should I open the case and get them. She just walks away. I walk to a different section couple feet away, and she comes back and gossips with the security guard about me.

Next trip I'll unload all my coupons/points/gift cards, and call it a day.[/QUOTE]

I would call Kmart complaint hotline, not Josh, since this has happened more than once. I mean if she was rude, that is, since her manager is probably the one to blame for the situation.

But why didn't you just tell her I want to buy 2 of these games? Like.. the register would have taken 50% off one of them anyways. She can't refuse you buying 2 games.. sorta weird..

[quote name='smacd101']Ha ha, yeah I remember a couple years ago when Vanquish had just come out and Kmart had an unadvertised special of it for $35. My mom went into KMart in Spokane and wanted to get it for that price. The guy there told her that that price was not correct and that if he scanned it it was going to ring up as $60. She called me, I told her 'just get him to scan it and see' and he just kept going on and on about how there really wasn't a need for him to scan it, he had just checked the price himself, a day ago or something, and he knew it wasn't going to scan. He finally scans it as we've been asking him to and sure enough, it's $35 and he just can't believe it. I really don't understand why they can't just do what we ask them to do. We're not asking them to change the prices, we just want you to scan it and tell us what it says. Why must that be a fight?[/QUOTE]

Because they don't like it when the customer is smarter and more informed than they are. Happens a ton at Kmart. Thankfully I have never gotten an argumentative employee, just a bunch that are amazed at the coupons/how much I pay for a new game. :lol:

Assuming these are the things you want, sure. But what if KMart is also doing the Zelda 3DS bundle at the same price? You could buy Mario today and get the $15, then buy the Zelda bundle and get the $25.

$219.98 + tax plus $40 in coupons, but you get two games and the zelda 3DS

That zelda bundle is so sexy, I think I'd rather get that than a red 3DS...

P.S. your numbers are off, the red 3Ds bundle in the Kmart ad is $179.99, not $199.99....

[quote name='Methamphetamine']Because they don't like it when the customer is smarter and more informed than they are. Happens a ton at Kmart. Thankfully I have never gotten an argumentative employee, just a bunch that are amazed at the coupons/how much I pay for a new game. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well and that's not so much a KMart thing as it is a kid thing. That will happen anywhere that hires a lot of highschool kids. But in their defense, anyone who has worked retail knows how stupid a lot of customers are. They'll see a display that has a 50 inch tv on a stand, and they'll see two price tags, one for $899 and one for $149 and they'll think the $149 is for the tv when it's clearly for the stand. You do get kind of used to knowing more than your customers, but you should be willing to at least scan something before you tell them they're wrong...

Here's a bit of an odd question relating to whatever means are being used to combat coupon fraud. I have a friend who, despite my insistence that she should buy her kid a $50 PSN card with her coupons from buying $110 of games last week for Christmas, says she will almost certainly not use the coupons before the end of the 23rd, and is offering to sell me the coupons for $25. Are there going to be any issues if I do buy the coupons and use them with the same SYWR account on which I will use my own coupons for Zelda on Sunday?

[quote name='Methamphetamine']I would call Kmart complaint hotline, not Josh, since this has happened more than once. I mean if she was rude, that is, since her manager is probably the one to blame for the situation.

But why didn't you just tell her I want to buy 2 of these games? Like.. the register would have taken 50% off one of them anyways. She can't refuse you buying 2 games.. sorta weird..[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what she did. She refused to sell it to me. Period. She ended the possibility by promptly walking away to the employee only section.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Looks like I'm not the only one to have suffered through accounting :lol:[/QUOTE]

No you aren't the only one. Three accounting classes here(all A's surprisingly)

[quote name='Green__Ranger']Thats exactly what she did. She refused to sell it to me. Period. She ended the possibility by promptly walking away to the employee only section.[/QUOTE]

If you really dislike her then I'd call and complain. You'll probably get a gift card ($25 most likely), but she'll also face some heat so it depends on how nice you are.

I know is been asked in this thread before and I don't recall the answer at the moment but can I use gaming coupons on the 3DS? or any other hardware for that matter (consoles, controllers, etc.)

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I know is been asked in this thread before and I don't recall the answer at the moment but can I use gaming coupons on the 3DS? or any other hardware for that matter (consoles, controllers, etc.)[/QUOTE]

Yes you can, used a $15 coupon tonight on a red 3ds

Ah, this is difficult. I don't know what to buy tomorrow with my $100 in last week's coupons. I am getting Saint's Row and AC:R for sure, but I canceled my Newegg pre-order for Halo to get it from Kmart and I am not sure what to get with it. I was thinking about NFS, but after hearing that the story mode is only 2 hours, I don't know. Maybe Rayman?
I bought Skyrim and MW3 last week, so those are no-good.

I think I might pair Mario and Halo up and after $50 in coupons, only pay $30 and get a $15 coupon back from it.
If I do that, I would be walking out with SR3, Halo, AC:R, and Mario for $70 pre-tax and get a $15 coupon. Not a bad deal.

[quote name='Methamphetamine']I don't think anyone answered me, is the B1G1 50% off come up to one $60 game and one $30 game, or two $45 games?[/QUOTE]

My receipt shows two totals of $59.99 with a 30.00- Save 50% OFF under the second one. So Yeah... $60 and a $30

[quote name='CoronaKingSnake']My receipt shows two totals of $59.99 with a 30.00- Save 50% OFF under the second one. So Yeah... $60 and a $30[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks. Planning on paying Skyrim for $60 and MW3 for $30, just to make myself feel better about buying MW3. :)

[quote name='Methamphetamine']Alright, thanks. Planning on paying Skyrim for $60 and MW3 for $30, just to make myself feel better about buying MW3. :)[/QUOTE]

skeptical.

[quote name='confoosious']skeptical.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'm sure it's a good game but a ton of people are saying it feels like a map pack. The thing is that it'll never go down in price, so it's not like I can wait for a price drop. So at least I can tell my friends I paid $30 for it lol

Just a question, do guys think if i were to print the K-mart weekly ad I could get the buy 1 get 1 free price matched at best buy? I have a ton of money saved up from the 50% trade-in bonus and it would be nice to use some up and save some dough in the process. :)

[quote name='badgerguy']Just a question, do guys think if i were to print the K-mart weekly ad I could get the buy 1 get 1 free price matched at best buy? I have a ton of money saved up from the 50% trade-in bonus and it would be nice to use some up and save some dough in the process. :)[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's necessary, they usually will call Kmart and ask if there's a deal going on. Or you can put the ad on your phone or something. Best Buy is usually good with price matches.

[quote name='badgerguy']Just a question, do guys think if i were to print the K-mart weekly ad I could get the buy 1 get 1 free price matched at best buy? I have a ton of money saved up from the 50% trade-in bonus and it would be nice to use some up and save some dough in the process. :)[/QUOTE]

My experience with Best Buy is that they will match sale prices but not promotions such as this. Still, couldn't hurt to try.

[quote name='technolover']hey are there going to have ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 morrow ? cause i was gonna use the uncharted coupon on it....front page says that they wont[/QUOTE]

I know you were already told several times, equaling several times more than needed since you answered your own question, but I just wanted to point this out...

[quote name='kk012']The sales associate, Catherine, even made sure I was given all the coupons that were printed out.[/QUOTE]

SOMEONE FOUND CATHERINE AT A KMART. UP IS DOWN, BLACK IS WHITE, AND ALL BETS ARE OFF.

Wow, Thanks for the quick response guys!

[quote name='Methamphetamine']I don't think that's necessary, they usually will call Kmart and ask if there's a deal going on. Or you can put the ad on your phone or something. Best Buy is usually good with price matches.[/QUOTE]

I'd do that but my k-mart is pretty oblivious to any sale or what is going on with anything related to video games. Every time I ask about a sale where there's a gift card involved they're like it's not in the ad, so I have no idea! Anyway, I'm going to try and hope it works at Best Buy!

[/QUOTE] Wow. I would have opened the portals of hell right then and there. How can she possibly deny you the right to purchase the games, even at full price, as you said you would do?

You must be a calmer person than me. I would have IMMEDIATELY found a manager and told him/her that an employee REFUSED to sell me merchandise. Ridiculous. It's not up to her to deny purchases based on discounts that may or may not be issued automatically at the register. Seriously.

You need to email Josh so he can stop this nonsense.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Amazon matched the B1G1 50% deal! Woot woot![/QUOTE]

I don't see any mention of this on Amazon. Link?

[quote name='Methamphetamine']:applause::rofl:

I thought it was too niche?[/QUOTE]

ok - you shouldn't have gotten that joke. So... what was your username in a previous life?

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back