KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if it's any consolation, Toy Story 3 is a pretty awesome movie. You know... soo ooooooo uhh... yeah, there's that if you're a glass half full kinda guy.

But this isn't that hard to do. You just have to invest in a resealing machine. Every Gamestop has one, actually, so maybe it was an employee. They can get expensive. i was thinking of buying one, cause I have a bunch of DVDs that are flawless but all opened and therefore depreciated in value. But yeah, that's definitely what happened. Some dick bought it, kept the game, resealed it, and returned it. But again, the dude could have thrown in a blank DVD-R or like a Tony Orlando Greatest Hits CD, so it could have been worse than toy Story 3.

Seriously, that sucks and I'm sorry to hear that. the worst part is when you go to return it, they will give you those judgemental looks of disbelief and be pretty certain you are lying. You'll probably get the exchange, but still.

most games come with the tri-fold seals these days. 360 games come with that additional sticker seal on the right side that is pretty easy to tell if it has been tampered with, its hard to remove it without bending the sticker or the plastic on the case.

Not that i would expect a kmart service desk to know that, but just for future reference if you suspect a game has been previously opened and tampered with.

[quote name='jer7583']How has stock been on these releases in general? I'm hoping waiting until friday won't make me miss out on Rayman/SR3..

Just wondering about some general impressions from those that have already picked up their games. Waiting for payday, too many games coming out recently![/QUOTE]

When I went on Tuesday, they had only gotten three copies for each system of Saints Row 3 and Rayman was pretty scarce too. I shop at a smaller Kmart though, so if your store is like mine, they probably won't have many. Plus, lately my game section has had a lot more people browsing it with mothers and grandmothers looking for Christmas gifts. On three occasions in the past week, I've helped out a customer doing Christmas shopping because the employees were clueless.

[quote name='jer7583']How has stock been on these releases in general? I'm hoping waiting until friday won't make me miss out on Rayman/SR3..

Just wondering about some general impressions from those that have already picked up their games. Waiting for payday, too many games coming out recently![/QUOTE]

Depends on the size of your store I think and how much traffic it gets.

For all the talk of things running out and low stocks, the Tampa store on 56th Street always has tons and tons of games on release day. I didn't count the exact number of new copies but there was definitely enough to go around on each game.

There was definitely 6 or more of Saints Row 3, and I went in Tuesday night a little before closing. Didn't count the Raymans but they seemed to have a nice supply of those as well.

For anyone in the area, they also took both the $15 and $35 coupons no problem. Can't beat Saints Row 3 and Rayman for $20 each.

Just tried to pick up Mario Land 3D this morning. Went to #3256 (Waltham Woods) at 10:30 or so and no one to be found in the electronics section and all of the TVs were turned off. I checked the case and they had the sticker for it, but no games. Then I tried #3517 (Belair Road) and they had sold out, but they said they should get another shipment of games in later in the week. The people on Belair Road are great and I would go to that one first if my gym wasn't in the same shopping center as Waltham Woods.

[quote name='LouieT']OP updated with Thanksgiving Day ad.

Some of those sales repeat themselves either on Friday or on both Friday and Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Its too bad Metal Gear Solid HD isn't a Thanksgiving title too.

Its kind of a pain in the ass having every other store open at midnight, then having to wait five hours for K-Mart to finally open their doors. It was also nice last year being able to go on thanksgiving, avoid the crowds and grab the games I wanted.

That six hour window means that if an employees fucks you over, you can kiss that sale goodbye if you wanted to use coupons on it; no way it'll get resolved by 11 am. We'll have more than a few people who can't get Metal Gear come Black Friday.

I was at the K-Mart at I-17 & Northern in Phoenix, AZ yesterday and they told me that Modern Warfare 3,
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and Saint's Row: The Third were not included in the BOHO sale. They are only shown in the add to represent that they are carrying them for $59.99. The language in the add is very specific and misleading so YMMV depending on how much of a stickler (aka dick) the clerk at the store wants to be. I may try another K-Mart and see if I can have better luck.

I'm sorry but the Thanksgiving Day ad is weak...

Thought there would be more games and the deals would be closer to WM and BB. Oh well!

josh has admitted that he uses his budget for day of release deals, not for top notch black friday deals.

I personally will take weekly discounts on new releases vs fighting crowds for $10 game that came out 9 months ago.

[quote name='bcRIPster']I was at the K-Mart at I-17 & Northern in Phoenix, AZ yesterday and they told me that Modern Warfare 3,
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and Saint's Row: The Third were not included in the BOHO sale. They are only shown in the add to represent that they are carrying them for $59.99. The language in the add is very specific and misleading so YMMV depending on how much of a stickler (aka dick) the clerk at the store wants to be. I may try another K-Mart and see if I can have better luck.[/QUOTE]
You don't have to try another Kmart. Go back to that one and tell them which games you want from the list. When the dumb clerk says "Oh, those aren't part of the deal," say, "Okay, whatever. I still want to buy them."
Then wear a smug look on your face as they ring up BOHO, pay, and leave with the games.

There is no reason to consult the sales associate about the deals unless they know about them and like talking shop with you. It invites trouble and questioning by people who don't know anything. Any information about any deals can be found ITT and on the KmartGamer page.

Basically, never listen to a K-Mart employee in-store; Josh and Andrew are the only trustworthy sources for information in that company.

[quote name='metrostar']yes, I just did it, but I also want to bring up the story so others aware the issue. their store system probably was not updated yet, because I saw there was another customer need overwrite to get his games too. The difference was he didn't use coupons but I did. I guess I trust too much on the system this time...

ps. Penn Station sold out AC:R in both systems, no Skyrim and SR3 in xbox and no NFS: Run yet as 5:00 PM.[/QUOTE]

Are you in NYC? I believe those stores are non-circular stores, so deals like the B1G50% have to have a manager override to work.

Another good experience at my K-mart (same electronics woman as last week). Picked up Rayman Origins and Halo for b1g1 1/2 off, then got Mario Land 3D, and found Nier for $12.99 (still couldn't find Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 :sad: ). I used my $50 in coupons and got the $15 coupon for Mario without an issue.

I went to the Garfield Hts. store and picked up Skyrim and Saints Row: The Third as well as Super Mario 3D Land. With my $35 and $15 coupons from last week and the $30 coupon from Batman, the cashier was in shock, saying "For 3 games, your total is $53.84!" Everything was on the shelf, and other than the cashier having to punch in my coupons manually, things went smoothly. I'm kind of glad that I forgot to bring my coupons with me to work yesterday, especially after reading those stories from yesterday--although the Garfield Hts. store has been pretty good each time I've been there in the past couple of months.

[quote name='jer7583']killing me to have to wait until friday payday for SR3, Rayman, and Halo Anniversary..

Plus best buy's bullshit of not having my UMvC3 pre-order in stock today!![/QUOTE]

Yes! I picked up Rayman and SR the third. If you love platformers, you will love Rayman. I was playing skyrim but Rayman is soooo perfect. IMO. LOVE IT!

They were out of Skyrim for the 360 at my store which kinda sucked, but I know I won't get to play it any time soon. Got MW3 and Saints Row 3. Coupons scanned without a problem.

This is probably a simple question but I could not find an answer reading through.. So if I buy a 3DS and get a $35 coupon, I can then apply it to the purchase of Mario Land immediately after on a separate transaction?

I went to login shopyourwayrewards and it says I have 0 points, did I lose everything because I haven't purchase anything in the last 3 months?

[quote name='mikkymuffins']This is probably a simple question but I could not find an answer reading through.. So if I buy a 3DS and get a $35 coupon, I can then apply it to the purchase of Mario Land immediately after on a separate transaction?[/QUOTE]

No you can not, the coupon will be active the following Sunday.

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']No you can not, the coupon will be active the following Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Does the $20 Target gift card work the same way?

Oh, and my k-mart has just a crazy amount of special editions (that aren't marked down enough for me to be interested; most are like $20 off).

They have at least the following:
- Hardened edition of MW3 on PS3 (I bought the 360 version on release day)
- CE of MvC3 (I bought a ps3 version CE on release week fro the store)
- Collector's Edition of the Force Unleashed 2 (PS3)
- 2x Hero Editions of Infamous 2
- 2x Epic Mickey CEs
- 2x (maybe 3) Legendary Edition Halo Reach's
- a LE of Halo Reach
- Multiple buzz! game things
- Multiple singstar game combo things

[quote name='metrostar']
ps. Penn Station sold out AC:R in both systems, no Skyrim and SR3 in xbox and no NFS: Run yet as 5:00 PM.[/QUOTE]

Saw SR3 and Skyrim out in the glass case this morning but didn't but forgot to get which system they are for.

[quote name='adamical']Are you in NYC? I believe those stores are non-circular stores, so deals like the B1G50% have to have a manager override to work.[/QUOTE]

Never had any issues with promos in NYC but if they refuse any deals just bring a Kmart flyer with you and they will match the price.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
:ps3:
SLY 3 PS2 SLY 3 PS3 - $12.99
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dino88']This is the Sly Collection, right? I was going to buy it today with Uncharted, but it rang up as $29.99. Shouldn't the prices have been fixed by now?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='darken']Hi Josh,

Question for you. I went to the store today in hopes of getting the Sly Collection (PS3). On your PS3 price drop list, this is written.

Skate 2 ps3 15452 - $12.99
skate ps3 15418/ps3 - $12.99
sly 3 ps2 sly 3 ps3 - $12.99
socom confrontaps3 98183 - $12.99
socom: Confrontps3 bundle 98152 - $14.99

I interpreted it to mean that Sly collection was $12.99 since it is a PS3 game and it includes Sly 2 and 3 from PS2. The game actually rang up at $29.99. Was the error in the price drop list, whereby the game should have been listed in the PS2 category (which it is not), or is there an issue with the Kmart systems?

I'm excited to get the game at a magic pricepoint of $12.99. I hope that is the case.

Thanks for everything you do.[/QUOTE]

Josh/Stock Boy, can you answer this please?

ok so just got back from store #9419 and they refused to honor the b1b1 half off deal let alone scan my coupons. anyone else have trouble in the nyc area? someone posted that penn station was out of skyrim and ac:r so I'm stuck with 100 in coupons that stores don't want to honor and low quantity on items if i go somewhere else. can stock boy or josh comment on what i should do?

[quote name='medetron']ok so just got back from store #9419 and they refused to honor the b1b1 half off deal let alone scan my coupons. anyone else have trouble in the nyc area? someone posted that penn station was out of skyrim and ac:r so I'm stuck with 100 in coupons that stores don't want to honor and low quantity on items if i go somewhere else. can stock boy or josh comment on what i should do?[/QUOTE]
NYC should honor the deal manually if they are shown a print off of the circular. The bogo is a circular promotion and NYC is a non circular area.

[quote name='dino88']Josh/Stock Boy, can you answer this please?[/QUOTE]
I do not believe the new Sly Cooper is discounted but I'll check.

[quote name='pjb16']Oh, and my k-mart has just a crazy amount of special editions (that aren't marked down enough for me to be interested; most are like $20 off).

They have at least the following:
- Hardened edition of MW3 on PS3 (I bought the 360 version on release day)
- CE of MvC3 (I bought a ps3 version CE on release week fro the store)
- Collector's Edition of the Force Unleashed 2 (PS3)
- 2x Hero Editions of Infamous 2
- 2x Epic Mickey CEs
- 2x (maybe 3) Legendary Edition Halo Reach's
- a LE of Halo Reach
- Multiple buzz! game things
- Multiple singstar game combo things[/QUOTE]
We just took our first mark on some special editions, not aggressive at first but they will progress over time.

[quote name='ets']I went to login shopyourwayrewards and it says I have 0 points, did I lose everything because I haven't purchase anything in the last 3 months?[/QUOTE]
Usually points expire in a year.....I would definitely call the SYWR hotline.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We just took our first mark on some special editions, not aggressive at first but they will progress over time.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I noticed they were at least discounted this time, because last week I don't think they were. If it got cheap enough I might go for Halo Reach Legendary edition because I like the statue.

[quote name='WV Matsui']I'm sorry but the Thanksgiving Day ad is weak...

Thought there would be more games and the deals would be closer to WM and BB. Oh well![/QUOTE]
I think it is a fair criticism. BF week is a different animal all together and the strategy this year was definitely more conservative than my liking.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']NYC should honor the deal manually if they are shown a print off of the circular. The bogo is a circular promotion and NYC is a non circular area.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Josh, but on 2 different occasions when a manager had to over ride it they wouldnt allow me to stack it with coupons. keep saying they could get into trouble, not sure if i should try again or a different store that has no copies of what i actually wanted :cry::cry:

[quote name='The 7th Number']thanks kmart, for another hell of a deal. Got saints row 3 and assassins creed revelations for 42 dollars after the b1g1 50% off and my 50 dollars in coupons. Im playing ACR right now! :D[/QUOTE]
It's been a good year, I'm fairly happy with everything looking back on it. Definitely had some rough patches but month to month the offers have hit the mark I've wanted. Kind of weird looking back on it lol.

[quote name='bcRIPster']I was at the K-Mart at I-17 & Northern in Phoenix, AZ yesterday and they told me that Modern Warfare 3,
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and Saint's Row: The Third were not included in the BOHO sale. They are only shown in the add to represent that they are carrying them for $59.99. The language in the add is very specific and misleading so YMMV depending on how much of a stickler (aka dick) the clerk at the store wants to be. I may try another K-Mart and see if I can have better luck.[/QUOTE]
They could not be more incorrect and could get into some serious trouble for not honoring a print circular.

[quote name='mikkymuffins']Thanks! Does the $20 Target gift card work the same way?[/QUOTE]

Not at Kmart.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We just took our first mark on some special editions, not aggressive at first but they will progress over time.[/QUOTE]

Do you know what the price is on the Black Ops Prestige edition? I couldn't find anyone to check the price. I wouldn't mind getting it for the RC Car if it's cheap enough.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']They could not be more incorrect and could get into some serious trouble for not honoring a print circular.[/QUOTE]

Bring the HAMMER Josh!

[quote name='medetron']Thanks Josh, but on 2 different occasions when a manager had to over ride it they wouldnt allow me to stack it with coupons. keep saying they could get into trouble, not sure if i should try again or a different store that has no copies of what i actually wanted :cry::cry:[/QUOTE]
NYC.........I can't force them on this one......

We may have to work it out with you directly.

Ahhhhh, get some more copies of Saints Row the Third to the Jefferson City, MO Kmart, lol. Good news for you all is that they sold out yesterday, but that's bad news for me. :( Was gonna grab it and NBA 2k12. Fingers crossed that more show up before Sunday.

[quote name='dino88']Josh/Stock Boy, can you answer this please?[/QUOTE]

I know I'm not SHC, but I'm pretty sure that's not the Sly Collection and is just Sly 3 for PS2.

[quote name='Vacabck']Ahhhhh, get some more copies of Saints Row the Third to the Jefferson City, MO Kmart, lol. Good news for you all is that they sold out yesterday, but that's bad news for me. :( Was gonna grab it and NBA 2k12. Fingers crossed that more show up before Sunday.[/QUOTE]
Selling out just means lost sales IMO. Hate it.

[quote name='Strigol']Any clue why my online coupons wouldn't be showing in my account?[/QUOTE]
They should show up automatically when you add your next item into your cart. Only thing to watch out for is that you have to be signed in when you purchase a game with a coupon offer and signed when you redeem it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']NYC.........I can't force them on this one......

We may have to work it out with you directly.[/QUOTE]

Man knew it was too good to be true. Hopefully they have everything cleared up when I get there tonight.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']NYC.........I can't force them on this one......

We may have to work it out with you directly.[/QUOTE]

Dammit lol, gotta love nyc :bomb: should i e-mail you directly or the customer care email address on the first page? i just feel sorry having to send out an email every week over issue's i think they are tired of reading my emails aswell lol

cleared my cart, signed out and back in to my account. No coupon's to apply automatically or manually, tried with b1g1 1/2 off games and w/ non b1g1 games, no coupons :(

[quote name='confoosious']Not at Kmart.

Do you know what the price is on the Black Ops Prestige edition? I couldn't find anyone to check the price. I wouldn't mind getting it for the RC Car if it's cheap enough.

Bring the HAMMER Josh![/QUOTE]
I believe it is $79.99 now.

[quote name='NintendoCleveland']I went to the Garfield Hts. store and picked up Skyrim and Saints Row: The Third as well as Super Mario 3D Land. With my $35 and $15 coupons from last week and the $30 coupon from Batman, the cashier was in shock, saying "For 3 games, your total is $53.84!" Everything was on the shelf, and other than the cashier having to punch in my coupons manually, things went smoothly. I'm kind of glad that I forgot to bring my coupons with me to work yesterday, especially after reading those stories from yesterday--although the Garfield Hts. store has been pretty good each time I've been there in the past couple of months.[/QUOTE]

I'm there all the time and the regular electronics associate (Jim I think) always is on top of things. Great store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back