KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
A few things of interest...

First off, in regards to employees returning items and keeping coupons for use... The new individual coupon system was supposed to fix this, so I don't think that's possible anymore. If it hasn't fixed this, c'mon Kmart! Shouldn't take this long to guard the coupons from this abuse.

Secondly, in regards to a Kmart selling the reseller 28 copies of a new release. I do feel the store should have waited until the final day of the sale to do something like this. But, if Kmart is somehow making money on each of those copies sold, then why wouldn't they want this to happen out of curiosity? I mean, realistically a small game store isn't a direct competitor to Kmart. If those 28 copies sat there after launch week until being clearanced to 9.99 a couple years later, then Kmart is going to take a hit and might withdraw from video games eventually?

Lastly, how is Kmart making money with these generous gaming coupons? I've been told profits on games are very low, so it seems like all these coupons are just loss-leaders? Or is Kmart being reimbursed for them by the manufacturers?

[quote name='swiller']Anybody know if I get Super Mario 3D Land tomorrow, I can use it's $15 coupon on Zelda on Sunday?

I noticed the coupon is usually valid in a week. Did I wait too long? Thanks[/QUOTE]

nope you didnt wait to long. as long as you buy the game this week then the coupon will be valid this sunday

All it means is that the coupon wont be vaild till the following sunday with exception of zelda and wwe 12 which become valid on thanksgiving day

Next week's the big week for the Nintendo coupon train. If I can find Zelda CE, then success. If not, then it's a bit of a bummer :(

Also, can one use Sears gift cards at KMart? When I went this week, the electronics associate couldn't figure out how. Anything I can suggest to help them or are the systems not linked and it's a Sears-only gift card?

SI

Typical KMart, they shipped the PS3 version of MW3 along with X360 Skyrim. I ordered it right (X360), they sent it wrong (verified by cashier). After CS rep "thoroughly" reviewed me and my purchase with online shipping info and asking 'does anyone know how to exchange online purchases?" They correctly just switched them and away I went. You may be rolling the dice if you do not have an actual store nearby folks!

[quote name='DPsycho']This is the solution most people report being offered when a store needs to do a return/rebuy. They certainly -can-, but in this case it seems that they just -won't- do it for you. And really, at this point they should have been adjusting the price to cover the promotion as well as the coupon values to get you to the price they agreed it should have been in the first place.

And as I said before, I would have mentioned the Better Business Bureau at that point. You earned something in a store promotion and they revoked it through their error and refused to compensate you. You can argue this, but I figure that you gave up too early.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah your 110% right. But the store manager said that he was only going to adjust the price of the second game to meet the sale. As for the coupons, "it was my fault for asking for a return, as coupons can only be used once"-thats what the manager said. I could have saved there and mentioned all those things you said and probably wasted another two hours or so, but for what, 20$ bucks, These games are going to be 30 each on black friday anyways. So at the end of the say, you have to ask yourself if fighting for 20 bucks is really worth wasting your time (plus rush hour was approaching, so I had to leave ASAP before getting stuck in traffic)

At the end, I'm not mad I lost 20 bucks but what Im pissed the fuck off about is that the stupid fuck asked me for another $20 more after rebuying the games, after I spend 5 minutes explaining to just return one game and buy the other at the price adjusted value. Like I would waste my time just to pay more.:drool:

I really don't get it. Why not just hand out gift cards with expiration dates and restrictions instead of the coupons. It would end all these BS problems the customers are having

[quote name='xx1jpt5xx']My local kmart still has a final fantasy xbox bundle. Wonder if its been marked down at all. As usual there was no one around to ask.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Is it next to a dusty 3DO and Sony Walkman cassette player ;)

SI

[quote name='smilee0519']I really don't get it. Why not just hand out gift cards with expiration dates and restrictions instead of the coupons. It would end all these BS problems the customers are having[/QUOTE]

This has been covered a million times, but it appears that you're fairly new so here you go.

These deals ONLY EXIST because they use coupons. Gift card promotions are funded differently (and I don't think are used at all in any department since the SYWR program started) and would eat up the videogame budget after probably one week. They anticipate a certain percentage of people forgetting to use them, losing them, or spending more in a return visit.

Simply put, this is the only way it can be done that doesn't bankrupt K-Mart even more.

[quote name='chriscolbert']This has been covered a million times, but it appears that you're fairly new so here you go.

These deals ONLY EXIST because they use coupons. Gift card promotions are funded differently (and I don't think are used at all in any department since the SYWR program started) and would eat up the videogame budget after probably one week. They anticipate a certain percentage of people forgetting to use them, losing them, or spending more in a return visit.

Simply put, this is the only way it can be done that doesn't bankrupt K-Mart even more.[/QUOTE]

And to add to this that it is the publishers that help fund these coupons. They would not do so if you could buy anything in the store, but by limiting it to video game purchases that guarantees you are keeping the coupons in that department.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']nope you didnt wait to long. as long as you buy the game this week then the coupon will be valid this sunday

All it means is that the coupon wont be vaild till the following sunday with exception of zelda and wwe 12 which become valid on thanksgiving day[/QUOTE]

Cheers! Thanks for the info off to Kmart I go!

Was there any kind of shipping issue for Skyrim involving store 7029? I haven't been able to find it since Friday. Not only that, there are no copies at Walmart, Target, Shopko, or Hastings either. Seems too weird to be a coincidence, unless the shipment was just really small or something.

[quote name='Heyricochet']Any coupons/is Kmart even getting King of Fighters XIII? I'd like to ride the coupon train if possible, but Amazon will get my money otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Somebody really needs to add this to the first post, pronto.

K-Mart does not deal with niche publishers for reasons I don't remember. Don't expect to ever find new releases by Atlus, Aksys, Xseed or any publisher like that at K-Mart.

Since KoF 13 is Atlus, it won't be at K-Mart.

[quote name='chriscolbert']This has been covered a million times, but it appears that you're fairly new so here you go.

Simply put, this is the only way it can be done that doesn't bankrupt K-Mart even more.[/QUOTE]

I guess your right. Im still willing to give Kmart one more chance. They have two strikes with me so far...one more and they're out for good.

How long do you have to buy a game and get a coupon? I want to get WWE 12, but I'd like to see how much cash I have post black Friday first. So basically will I get the coupon if I purchase the game the saturday after it comes out?

[quote name='YANNIC']Anyone know if Zelda will be available sunday morning at store's opening or do we have to wait til like 2 PM?[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that, I suggest if you really want Zelda on release : buy it somewhere else. $20 coupon is nice but ....

[quote name='Maineavalanche']And to add to this that it is the publishers that help fund these coupons. They would not do so if you could buy anything in the store, but by limiting it to video game purchases that guarantees you are keeping the coupons in that department.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you do video game exclusive gift cards? It would be a separate system, and legally would be treated differently I suppose. I like 'what' Kmart is doing, Josh should be commended. (at this point probably literally with a medal for trying to turn around what is the weirdest stores set I've ever seen)

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Couldn't you do video game exclusive gift cards? It would be a separate system, and legally would be treated differently I suppose. I like 'what' Kmart is doing, Josh should be commended. (at this point probably literally with a medal for trying to turn around what is the weirdest stores set I've ever seen)[/QUOTE]

They can't even put online preordering up, you think they can revamp their registers for Josh?

Argh, why is there such a long waiting time for new signups to start posting? Having to wait a week to ask a simple stupid question...hmmm, maybe that's why. I'm still asking. I have a $15 coupon that expires on Nov. 23rd. The Ico/Sotc is marked down to $29.99 starting the 25th. Think there's any way I can get that price on the 23rd so I can use the coupon with it? If I ask a manager is it at all possible they'll do it for me?

[quote name='KtMack23']How long do you have to buy a game and get a coupon? I want to get WWE 12, but I'd like to see how much cash I have post black Friday first. So basically will I get the coupon if I purchase the game the saturday after it comes out?[/QUOTE]
The answer you seek is in the OP in big bold letters near the top were it says November 20th through the 23rd. You're welcome :)

and...both my games are in, no coupons still. So apparently Manuel is a liar :(

and now Madison after a 20 minute chat...is clueless....

it's so hard to find good help these days

[quote name='TylerDurden313']The answer you seek is in the OP in big bold letters near the top were it says November 20th through the 23rd. You're welcome :)[/QUOTE]

I feel like an ass. I read that and somehow assumed it was only for Zelda. Again, I'm sorry for being an ass. Im better than this, really I am.

[quote name='confoosious']CAG has a no newbies posting rule? I wasn't aware of that.[/QUOTE]

Bout time

And to answer the question, it is to cut down on spam bots

Your other question would be better asked by calling the store and talking to the manager. Ive never heard of any retailer doing that so best of luck to you

[quote name='zemzero']Argh, why is there such a long waiting time for new signups to start posting? Having to wait a week to ask a simple stupid question...hmmm, maybe that's why. I'm still asking. I have a $15 coupon that expires on Nov. 23rd. The Ico/Sotc is marked down to $29.99 starting the 25th. Think there's any way I can get that price on the 23rd so I can use the coupon with it? If I ask a manager is it at all possible they'll do it for me?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's the reason why the coupon expires on the 23rd, so that you can't use them for the upcoming holiday sales

Purchased online during the $15/$35 coupon promo
No coupons added to my online account
Live chat Manuel said they'd be included with the games, they weren't
Live chat Madison said the promo is expired and they can't give me the coupons.

Kmart has some great deals lately, but I'll be passing from now on to use somwhere I know I'll get what I paid for

One thing I've come to find out in my time here on earth and that is humans love to complicate things. Kmart could do so much better doing away with all this rewards card crap and gaming coupons and simply give us good deals as we find online. Why do we have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get a deal at kmart? Oh, and if a game comes out at certain date then gurantee it will be in stock at a certain date past that or else you get $10 voucher when you go back to get it to pay some on your time and gas. Simplifying it like this would get customers coming to kmart and keep them coming back instead of this overly complicated system which eventually runs people off from kmart. I must admit at least they are doing something to give gamers a chance to get a deal on new games where as walmart is doing nothing at all so I give kmart props on trying. Hopefully they will figure out a simpler way to do things and place these deals in the ad so there is no mistaking what is going on.

[quote name='ps2emotions']One thing I've come to find out in my time here on earth and that is humans love to complicate things. Kmart could do so much better doing away with all this rewards card crap and gaming coupons and simply give us good deals as we find online. Why do we have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get a deal at kmart? Oh, and if a game comes out at certain date then gurantee it will be in stock at a certain date past that or else you get $10 voucher when you go back to get it to pay some on your time and gas. Simplifying it like this would get customers coming to kmart and keep them coming back instead of this overly complicated system which eventually runs people off from kmart. I must admit at least they are doing something to give gamers a chance to get a deal on new games where as walmart is doing nothing at all so I give kmart props on trying. Hopefully they will figure out a simpler way to do things and place these deals in the ad so there is no mistaking what is going on.[/QUOTE]

These "hoops" you speak of are necessary for them to offer deals on new releases.

No other retailer, online or off, consistently offers $20 off a future purchase when you buy a $59.99 new release (or $49.99 if we're talking Zelda) and $15 off most major DS releases.

Some sites (most notably NewEgg recently) will offer $10-$12 off instantly but you won't get it day one and it's still not as good of an offer if you regularly buy games. Amazon has really backed off on the promo credit but will on occasion offer the same as K-Mart, so only then does someone equal (or better since most don't have to pay tax at Amazon) K-Mart's day one/release week deals.

Yes, it's a gamble as to whether your store will have it out on time or whether the cashiers will screw up the process, but for every horror story there are plenty of success stories that go unreported.

Just to make sure, I sign up in store today for SYWR and when they ring me out for Super Mario Land 3D, a gaming coupon will print out that can be used on my next gaming purchase?

When it says "No Offer" for Tekken Hybrid, was this something that Josh himself confirmed?

K-Mart really doesn't seem like the place to go for fighting games this holiday. Disappointed that Shinobi lost its potential deal too.

[quote name='animalspinners']When it says "No Offer" for Tekken Hybrid, was this something that Josh himself confirmed?

K-Mart really doesn't seem like the place to go for fighting games this holiday. Disappointed that Shinobi lost its potential deal too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

@chriscolbert - well said.

[quote name='guardkitty']Just to make sure, I sign up in store today for SYWR and when they ring me out for Super Mario Land 3D, a gaming coupon will print out that can be used on my next gaming purchase?[/QUOTE]

I'd sign up online before hand, it's easier. But other than that, yes, that's exactly how it'll work.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Couldn't you do video game exclusive gift cards? It would be a separate system, and legally would be treated differently I suppose. I like 'what' Kmart is doing, Josh should be commended. (at this point probably literally with a medal for trying to turn around what is the weirdest stores set I've ever seen)[/QUOTE]

Gift cards run their own set of rules, many states won't let them expire so that would cause Kmart to not be able to offer the deals since they rely on some people forgetting about their coupon.

Seriously, they offer the best deal on games on release day, they really don't need to improve their process. The worst problem I had was buying 109.98 worth of games and not getting a coupon, so I had to return and rebuy with filler.

Signed up for SYW in store when I was buying Super Mario Land 3D yesterday. No problems whatsoever. Coupon was printed straight away, and sign up progress was easy. Only annoyance is the wait since I was unable to to use it for the B1G1/2. Did end up getting MW3 and Skyrim from Amazon for $75 though due to their $10 MC promotion as well as the B1G1/2. Came out to $25 for Skyrim since I sold MW3 to some person on craigslist for $50 (never played CoD and not interested).

Were Shinobi and Ace Combat for 3DS carried by kmart in stores? nobody aside from gamestop who got like 1-0 copies per store seem to be carrying them.

I have a last $15 coupon to use and I'd like to pick one or both of them up.

[quote name='jer7583']Were Shinobi and Ace Combat for 3DS carried by kmart in stores? nobody aside from gamestop who got like 1-0 copies per store seem to be carrying them.

I have a last $15 coupon to use and I'd like to pick one or both of them up.[/QUOTE]
Yes. My store has them both.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Yes. My store has them both.[/QUOTE]

thanks, i didn't see them at mine when i was there but their ds section is horribly organized and behind some displays for half of the stock.

[quote name='Heyricochet']Gift cards run their own set of rules, many states won't let them expire so that would cause Kmart to not be able to offer the deals since they rely on some people forgetting about their coupon.

Seriously, they offer the best deal on games on release day, they really don't need to improve their process. The worst problem I had was buying 109.98 worth of games and not getting a coupon, so I had to return and rebuy with filler.[/QUOTE]

They 100% need to improve the process, the ideas are solid, the implementation is the issue for some. Nothing wrong with people posing other ideas, it's usually considered a focus group, although here it is a little large for that. :)

[quote name='confoosious']They can't even put online preordering up, you think they can revamp their registers for Josh?[/QUOTE]

You're probably right, Kmart is like a different world.

So I go to Kmart today after work and have my two games in hand for the B1G1 50% and also Mario Land for 3DS. The cashier scans my SYWR card and the system is down. I cant use my 2 coupons from previous purchases and obviously the new coupon wont print without the SYWR card being used. So I leave empty handed and have to go back to Kmart tomorrow and try to get the games. First problem I have had at Kmart.

Same thing happened to me when I went to buy skyrim and mw3 system was down and wouldn't accept my coupons. Hopefully someone could chime in when the system starts working again I'd like to go back tonight to buy them.

[quote name='Stinky pepet']went to kmart to buy a turtle beach headset but the sywr was down so i coudnt use my gaming coupons[/QUOTE]

When that happened last year, they did an override and took the coupon. Then again, I wasn't sure how to report missing points.

kmart not selling Ultiment Marvel vs cap 3? the 2 here in VA didn't have any even after looking in the back room. wanted to use my MW3 coupon before it expired :(.

Had SKyward Sword in my hands today!! The local Kmart by my job had 2 of the gold wiimote editions out so I asked for them. I walk it up to the cashier and it rang up could not sell!! I was so hoping it worked! But they did take my name and said they'd hold it for me. So close....

Went to KMart tonight. It took 10 minutes for someone to even show up in Electronics so that I could get the cabinets unlocked to get my two games. Somebody finally showed up with keys (after four other employees passed by without offering help, with one of them comedically cutting into another aisle and then back over to avoid passing me on their route). I finally got the games and tried to ring up, but the SYW was down and my coupons could not be accepted. A manager was called over and they refused to do an override, saying that my gaming coupons could not be used on B1GO offers. I tried to buy just one of the two games with my coupons and they would not allow that either, saying that since the game I wanted was part of the promo it was still a B1GO item and I could not use the coupons on them. I ended up leaving empty handed :(

I'll still go back on Sunday (after the promo is over) to get one of the two games in order to spend my coupons before they expire. It seems like every time I go to KMart it's a similarly bad experience these days, though. After I get rid of these coupons, I don't plan on returning again. No amount of savings is worth this sort of aggravation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back