KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']
The 2 cashiers talked about the ridiculousness of only getting 4 copies of something like this when they have like a hundred copies of Just Dance 3 just sitting there. I fully agreed.
[/QUOTE]

To be fair, that's not really Josh or anyone else at K-Mart's fault; K-Mart is probably the lowest store on the totem pole in terms of video game retail sales so Nintendo doesn't allocate them a lot of copies.

I'm sure the crew probably wanted a bunch of bundles but Nintendo won't give them up.

had to wait an hour for the lady to find the box with the games, but they had ~3-4 bundles and 3-4 base versions.

used my coupons from mw3 and mario and came to ~$6

edit: $20 coupon printed out no problem

Told one of my co-workers about Kmart's deal on Skyward Sword. BIG mistake. Got to the K-Mart in Anderson, IN this morning 30 minutes after opening and that backstabbing bastard had bought the only controller bundle. *clenches fists in rage* The electronics manager was there and she was very apologetic, but all the apologies in the world wouldn't get me a Skyward Sword CE bundle.

However... there is also a K-Mart in Elwood, so I headed up there. The Elwood K-Mart is an awesome K-Mart. Knowledgeable workers and... *gasp* They got FIVE COPIES OF THE SKYWARD SWORD BUNDLE! How does Elwood (pop. 9,000) get five copies and Anderson (pop. 56,000) only get one?! Well, long story short, they have four bundles now. ^_^ Any CAGers in the Tipton, Kokomo, Marion, or Anderson areas who want a Skyward Sword bundle, get your ass to the Elwood K-Mart. :p

On another note Josh it has been over a year so how are things going overall. Things you like don't like, would change etc. Does Kmart ever lose out?

My Kmart has really been on top of things the last few weeks. For the second week in a row, an employee was already in electronics and actually asked me if I was there for Zelda, it was quite refreshing. She had the bundles behind the counter, and said they only had 2. I don't know if that means that's all they got or that's what was left, but either way I got mine. Like some others have reported, there was a dent in the back of the box at the bottom, but it doesn't bother me, not like I was going to resell it or anything. I'm extremely pleased with today's experience and I hope they can keep this up.

Babylon had about 2 dozen unbundled Zelda's in their case, no sign of the bundles and I didn't ask, sorry. No problem getting the $20 coupon w/ my printed out SYWR card.

[quote name='RySenkari']Told one of my co-workers about Kmart's deal on Skyward Sword. BIG mistake. Got to the K-Mart in Anderson, IN this morning 30 minutes after opening and that backstabbing bastard had bought the only controller bundle. *clenches fists in rage* The electronics manager was there and she was very apologetic, but all the apologies in the world wouldn't get me a Skyward Sword CE bundle.

However... there is also a K-Mart in Elwood, so I headed up there. The Elwood K-Mart is an awesome K-Mart. Knowledgeable workers and... *gasp* They got FIVE COPIES OF THE SKYWARD SWORD BUNDLE! How does Elwood (pop. 9,000) get five copies and Anderson (pop. 56,000) only get one?! Well, long story short, they have four bundles now. ^_^ Any CAGers in the Tipton, Kokomo, Marion, or Anderson areas who want a Skyward Sword bundle, get your ass to the Elwood K-Mart. :p[/QUOTE]
On a slight tangent, I can see an evil Josh from a parallel universe hoarding all of the bundles. Everyone's like, "That backstabber!"

everything went fine for me this week. they didnt have the zelda bundle on display, they had them in a box behind the counter. they said they only got the 1 box and sold 1 copy already. so there were probably 2 left.

so i got zelda bundle for $55 after my mario 3d land coupon. new coupon printed out just fine
picked up super mario galaxy (nintendo selects) for $20
and super mario galaxy 2 had a sticker for $20. it rang up at $50 but the nice lady adjusted the price so i got it for the $20

now i just need a wii to play all these great games on

Got my butt up bright and early to the local Kmart right at opening. The Zelda games weren't out yet, but the electronics guy brought them out from the back. He only took out a couple of each version, so no clue on the stock. There were a couple guys behind me (hi fellow CAGs!), so glad I got there early. The purchase went smoothly, and I used two $15 coupons and got my $20 coupon no problems. After a nap, I'm gonna go do a buy/return for my Gamestop preorder. Thanks as always Josh!

Edited to add: btw, I got the bundle, and I think one person behind me got the bundle, too.

Anyone in NYC hit up the K Mart in 34th Street?
Did you see any PS3 copies of WWE '12 with The Rock on them? Did they give you the $20 coupon?

I called them a few minutes ago and the guy didn't really have any info. He said they get all the coupon info later today and that they don't have WWE '12 in yet.

I'm on the verge of cancelling my GameStop pre-order just to go with K-Mart, but the only problem is that the guy says they only do pre-orders online, and The Rock is a pre-order bonus. I don't wanna cancel it and not receive The Rock.

Btw, can the $20 coupon be used on PSN Cards?

Had no problem went in, they were helping someone ahead of me, but as soon as they finished I was acknowledged. They had a few bundles for Skyward Sword so I asked for one.

Took it to the counter, had my rewards card out, the guy just said "Oh you know what I was going to ask for". After scanned I said I had some coupons. He then said he didn't know if all the coupons would scan, I pointed out where it says they can stack. He said not to worry, he was going to try to scan them anyways, he just wasn't sure if it would go through.

To be sure I got the best one he scanned highest to lowest.

$30 off
$15 off
$10 off

Then I asked to use my reward points. It took him a while to figure it out, and when he got done ended up with a free copy of Zelda. Didn't even realize I had over $15 worth of points. I tend not to have many problems with them. The only time was when Pokemon Rumble Blast came out when it was taken out on Tuesday rather than Sunday. Besides that, store 3160 as been excellent

When purchasing Zelda today the lady did not scan my sywr card, and I totally forgot about it. So is there a way for me to get that coupon with my receipt and using the sywr's website? I entered my receipt in to earn the points I didn't get, but will that give the coupon as well?

Somerville, MA had 6 copies of the bundle. I snagged a few, should still be some left.

Wanted to say I was in and out of there quickly but that's a lie. Stuff was in a box in the back, and the one person working electronics was being dragged left and right to help other customers buy really shitty, off-brand overpriced stuff >.>

Went to K-Mart this morning. They only had 3 copies of the limited edition. I purchased 2 with 100 dollars in coupons it cost me 21 and change a copy. Easy transactions and got another 40 dollars in coupons.

Was in right at open and bought two copies of the Zelda bundle on separate transactions and did not receive a coupon on either transaction. The associate was having problems with the printer and the paper jammed so I thought maybe it got lost because the register crashed at the same time the printer jammed but I checked my e-receipts and there is no record of the coupon on either e-receipt I received. Also buying two copies and not getting coupons with either one took 40 minutes because the associate went in the back 3 different times before finally finding the box that contained all the copies of Zelda they had for sale. I kept assuring her that yes you did receive it, just please keep looking. Glad she didn't just give up after her first trip to the stockroom.

I was at my store in Beaverton, Oregon, this morning when it opened at 8 a.m. Unfortunately, there were three other people ahead of me, all wanting bundles. We all chatted as the employee ran around trying to find the box (that took about 20 minutes... he blamed it on an influx of Christmas stuff). He said his system showed they got 22 copies of the game... but he didn't know how many bundles that would include.

I was PRETTY certain there would be three, based on what I'd read from other CAGs here in this thread this morning, and my uncanny ability to always JUST miss out on things like this.

Of course, like some kind of CAG Nostradamus, I was right. There were only three bundles.

However, there is another Kmart about 10 miles away in Tualatin. I called them and they'd yet to sell any or even find their stock. I gave the employee the bundle UPC someone posted here, and he said it showed they had received TWO bundles. I asked him to hold one, and he agreed.

When I got there, mine was on hold and the other had been sold. I'm still a bit bewildered that there were only FIVE bundles amongst those two stores, which covers an area with a population of over 500,000 people just in the immediate surrounding areas (there are other Kmarts in the Portland area, but these two are the only ones on the West side).

But, I got one... so I guess I can't complain too much. :D

[quote name='josh_animebum']Good luck with that. I was literally the first customer at my Kmart this morning and they have NO copies of either version of Zelda.[/QUOTE] The second store I went to said the same thing. I said, "No... you got it. Check this UPC." I gave him the UPC... and he said, "Oh yeah... we have two in stock. I'll go find them."

Never believe the employees. Rarely will they NOT get a game by the street date.

And by "rarely," I mean "maybe if there happened to be a zombie apocalypse or similar incident of great tragedy and spectacle."

[quote name='Doom Kvlt']When purchasing Zelda today the lady did not scan my sywr card, and I totally forgot about it. So is there a way for me to get that coupon with my receipt and using the sywr's website? I entered my receipt in to earn the points I didn't get, but will that give the coupon as well?[/QUOTE]

That happened to me during the 40/110 thing. I just went to the register, returned, and re-bought.

[quote name='Supreme0ne']now i just need a wii to play all these great games on[/QUOTE] Wait... what?!? The Wii is FIVE years old. Where have you been? :lol:

[quote name='RySenkari']Told one of my co-workers about Kmart's deal on Skyward Sword. BIG mistake. Got to the K-Mart in Anderson, IN this morning 30 minutes after opening and that backstabbing bastard had bought the only controller bundle. *clenches fists in rage* [/QUOTE] Honestly, this EXACTLY why I don't tell my friends about deals until AFTER I've secured my own copy. Not worth it. Let them do the hard work you've already done by themselves.

[quote name='Doom Kvlt']When purchasing Zelda today the lady did not scan my sywr card, and I totally forgot about it. So is there a way for me to get that coupon with my receipt and using the sywr's website? I entered my receipt in to earn the points I didn't get, but will that give the coupon as well?[/QUOTE] No. What you need to do is go back to the store with the game and receipt in hand, tell them you forgot to enter your SYWR card when you bought it and request a return and re-sell at the customer service desk. Do it as soon as possible, and it should work out fine. The coupon will print when they do the new transaction. I had to do that once when a coupon didn't print even though I HAD used my SYWR card... and that's exactly what the employee did... return and re-sell. Worked just fine.

[quote name='tightclaws']People buying two, really?, that is pretty selfish don't you think?[/QUOTE] Considering my store got only three copies (I was #4 in line... damn!)... and the store 10 miles away from my usual store (where I got the last bundle) only got TWO... yep. Pretty. Damn. Selfish.

man, good thing I went when I did, went in at 8:30 and got the last controller bundle. I guess 2 other people had already been in within the 30 minutes they had been open. Oh well, I'm happy and have been super enjoying the game for the last 3 hours.

Just got back from another HORRIBLE Kmart experience in Middle Village, NY.

Went to get Zelda and use my 15 and 35 coupons. Associate said b/c game was 49.99 I needed filler. So I got an $8 wii accessory and thought it was done. Concerned that I was essentially getting Zelda for free, and when he saw that my filler was only $8, he called a manager and said that I wanted to use $50 in coupons on $57 of gaming merchandise. He was insisting that b/c one coupon was $15, the filler had to be more than $15. I said no and read him the coupon fineprint about stacking coupons in a single transaction. He then said we can try it and if it doesn't work, a manger can void the transaction. I said that would void my coupons too and make me lose them. So I asked for the manager to come over and confirm I wouldn't lose my coupons. Well.....She was a piece of work. She came over and started yelling at the associate right away. Then she tried to BS the fineprint and said I could only use one coupon per transaction. I said no and again read her the fineprint. She said she didn't have her glasses so she couldn't see. I swear it looked like she was trying to smudge my barcode on the coupons with her thumb. Then she said the wii accessory was not a "game" and these coupons were only good on games. I said no, gaming coupons are for gaming products. She said no. I needed to buy another game to use my coupons. She picked up her phone and made a call and walked away. The associate after that refused to try my purchase, stating that he could get fired for that and he wasn't going to get fired over coupons. I laughed and walked out. I will be returning my 50/110 coupons and games purchase and not ever buying from KMart gaming again.

When managers don't know the rules, that's just inexcusable.

[quote name='tightclaws']People buying two, really?, that is pretty selfish don't you think?[/QUOTE]

Some buy them for others. Some scalp. That's what deal sites bring about :(

Playing the game for 3 hours? I thought people on here only put them on their pile or resold them ;-)
My kids soccer game just ended, we won 7-3, time to go home and play.

[quote name='rjejr']Playing the game for 3 hours? I thought people on here only put them on their pile or resold them ;-)
My kids soccer game just ended, we won 7-3, time to go home and play.[/QUOTE]

oh believe me, the games from Kmart usually go on the pile, but Zelda is just special.

Does anybody know if the $15 gaming coupon can be used on the Skylanders single-character packs used for the Skylanders Spyro game for the 3DS? I know the coupon says gaming purchase, just wondering if these packs are considered a gaming purchase then. :D

[quote name='The Bryant']Sorry for reposting the question, but can the $20 coupon you get from buying WWE '12 be used on PSN cards?[/QUOTE]
Yes, it works, but only on PSN cards. 360 cards are $19.99 so that wouldn't work.

If I buy two Zelda Bundles, would i get two coupons? i bought one for myself, but since my store has more I'm thinking of getting one more for my GF so she could give it to her younger brother for Christmas. But I'd only want to if i can get another coupon out of it. If not I guess i could make a second SYWR account, but that just seems like to many hoops to jump through

I looked through the last few pages, but I'm not the only one that couldn't use their Super Mario 3D Land coupon on the Zelda bundle right? I don't mind as I can use it on Mario Kart along with the new Zelda coupon I got in a few weeks, but I just wanted to make sure this was a normal problem today.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I looked through the last few pages, but I'm not the only one that couldn't use their Super Mario 3D Land coupon on the Zelda bundle right? I don't mind as I can use it on Mario Kart along with the new Zelda coupon I got in a few weeks, but I just wanted to make sure this was a normal problem today.[/QUOTE]

I used my Super Mario 3D Land coupon on the Zelda bundle this morning. Went through without a hitch.

Got the answer from K-Mart's terrible customer service (except for the last guy I talked too)

Said I can use the coupon on PSN cards....Good

I asked if I will get the coupon if I buy in-store, he said he's not sure but that I should....Ok.

I asked if they will have the "pre-order" bonus of The Rock (select stores only). Site says yes, rep said he doesn't know because they don't have the game with them....WHY THE fuck WOULD YOU NEED TO HAVE THE GAME TO KNOW THAT?

I asked if I would be able to get the game on Tuesday with no problem. He said I should, but no guarantees because they're having problems with Skyward Sword (he knew it came out today, so =1 to him for that). He also said something about not having the game in stock and said that he hasn't checked. I was gonna tell him to check and was going to give him the UPC number (752919993354), but he knew that WWE '12 comes on Tuesday so I doubt he'll let me get it early. I'm willing to wait till release so I don't mind.

I just want them to give me a 100% no bs answer. Will I be getting the coupon and The Rock if I buy the game from them? But a majority of them are to stupid to do a damn thing.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Yes, it works, but only on PSN cards. 360 cards are $19.99 so that wouldn't work.[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, this EXACTLY why I don't tell my friends about deals until AFTER I've secured my own copy. Not worth it. Let them do the hard work you've already done by themselves.

I felt bad for him because he'd been having bad luck getting new release Nintendo games at our Walmart, so I decided to help him out. Guess no good deed goes unpunished.

My Kmart got 3 Zelda collector's editions in and they were still behind the counter in a box on the floor when I asked about them. Lady pulled one out and I used my $15 SM3DL and $35 3DS coupon codes and got the game for $21.39 and the $20 coupon code printed out just fine. I was in and out in no time. Thanks Kmart/Josh.\\:D/

I am out of town and wasn't able to go to Kmart myself this morning. My brother went to pick it up for me but the store said they got no bundles. Hrmph. Weird since my store gets pretty much everything. I guess I will give them a call.

Went in to my local Kmart today to pick up the Skyward Sword bundle, they didn't have them up on the display so I asked an employee if they had them in the back. It took him 10 minutes for him to call his manager to ask if the game was supposed to come out today and another 10 minutes for him find the game. I'll cut them some slack since they're usually great with new releases, this the first time I have run into any problems at this Kmart. I used $50 in coupons from previous sales to the buy game and got the $20 gaming coupon in return so yeah another good visit to Kmart overall.

I did not see how many copies of Zelda they had since they just pulled out the whole box and couldn't get a glimpse of what was inside

Went to the Montgomery, IL store on friday to take advantage of the bogo, and my $50 in coupons.

After waiting 20 minutes in electronics for the associate to arrive he tried to ring me up.
All was good till he scanned the $15 coupon. It showed not on file yet the $35 scanned fine.
He sent me to customer service, where they said it wasn't valid on the bogo. So i pointed out that the $35 coupon should not have scanned then. They acknowledged an issue with the rewards system.

To their credit, the manager made it good, and I paid $30 and change for Skyrim and Halo anniversary.
It took them an hour, but I left with what I wanted, at the price I expected to pay based on the info posted.

Thanks

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Wait... what?!? The Wii is FIVE years old. Where have you been? :lol:

Honestly, this EXACTLY why I don't tell my friends about deals until AFTER I've secured my own copy. Not worth it. Let them do the hard work you've already done by themselves.

No. What you need to do is go back to the store with the game and receipt in hand, tell them you forgot to enter your SYWR card when you bought it and request a return and re-sell at the customer service desk. Do it as soon as possible, and it should work out fine. The coupon will print when they do the new transaction. I had to do that once when a coupon didn't print even though I HAD used my SYWR card... and that's exactly what the employee did... return and re-sell. Worked just fine.

Considering my store got only three copies (I was #4 in line... damn!)... and the store 10 miles away from my usual store (where I got the last bundle) only got TWO... yep. Pretty. Damn. Selfish.[/QUOTE]

Well, the employee told me I could do it online. I was going to return it and ask to use the card, but I had already returned something and it turned into a 30 minute process that would of had to be repeated. So there is absolutely no way to get the coupon online? I thought people were emailing Josh when these problems occurred and got it settled.

I just got back from KM. I learn something new about layaway. I didn't know I can reserved Zelda Bundle game with minimum amount until that are paid full with the gaming coupon by due date. I have to go back after the 24th to redeem that $20 gaming coupon plus remaining balance. How cool is that! :D

Does anyone know if i will be able to use both my zelda $20 coupon and wwe $20 coupon in one transaction or no since theyre both $20? I should be able to right?...Different barcodes?

I just spent over an hour at Kmart. First they claimed the game did not come in. I finally convinced them to check their stock at which point I had to show them how to read the inventory folder they had and pointed out according to their information they should have 18 standard and 2 bundles in stock. After coming back 45 minutes later to give them time to find the games and waiting a further 30 minutes after returning I finally left with the excuse that they could not find them but would call if they did. To add insult to injury they were also out of Stove Top Stuffing!!! As my daughter would say, "poo on a poostick".

Walked in at noon and got the last zelda LE. New person working electronics I had never seen but completely informed and into video games which was nice for a change -- used to senior citizens working back there..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back