KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ps2emotions']Why do you guys bother going to kmart the day a game is suppose to release? I figured out a long time ago wait a couple of days and you might get lucky and they might have them out otherwise it's just a big waste of time. Plus even if they do have the game out early usually the coupon won't print out so yet again another reason to just wait.[/QUOTE]

My local K-Mart has all their shit together and has the new releases on display on release day, plus the coupons always print out just fine. I don't know what you are talking about. There are just as many good K-Mart as crappy K-Marts. The good experiences and good stories just don't get told as often as the horror stories. Sucks for you.

Hi, about the Wii bundle offer on black friday where you will give a 35 coupon. Does that apply to both bundles? (the one with mario kart and the one with super mario, ebcause both have the same price)

Just wanted to thank the CAGs who posted this deal. Had to drive 17 miles to pick it up due to the ineptitude of the nearest Kmart. Got the $20 off coupon without a hassle.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't think points cards count as gaming software. Or at least you couldn't count such purchases toward the last such deal they did.[/QUOTE]

I know, but my Zelda coupon would have worked on one because it is a "gaming purchase." I can't use it on a 50 dollar card and expect to get a $15 coupon, but I think I CAN use that on a card if I so choose. If you get what I'm saying. Zelda, coupon, Skyrim, coupon, card - end of train.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Rayman and Saints Row III will see a discount in December, MW3 will be tough.[/QUOTE]

Hooo, yeah. You're my hero. Probably now will just use a coupon on discounted version of Rayman. So let's see. Zelda $20 coupon to use on Skyrim. $42 Skyrim, plus $15 coupon. Probably $40 Rayman discount - $15 = $25. So grand total for two games equals $70 ish dollars after taxes. This is versus the Bogo which would have been $90 for those two games. Patience is a virtue. I had the two games at the counter last week before I changed my mind and decided not to get them when my employee discount didn't work.

All this talk about Zelda has me wanting it, but I'm finally getting my hands on Batman AC tomorrow (PC) and I already have AC:R multiplayer and SR3 to screw around with. Zelda games never drop, either, so if I don't get it now who knows if I'll ever see much of a deal on it.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']All this talk about Zelda has me wanting it, but I'm finally getting my hands on Batman AC tomorrow (PC) and I already have AC:R multiplayer and SR3 to screw around with. Zelda games never drop, either, so if I don't get it now who knows if I'll ever see much of a deal on it.[/QUOTE]

That is the specific reason I ended up getting it yesterday. And I managed to snag the bundle too, which is great, since I didn't have the motion plus before yesterday.

Shop Your Way Rewards members only:
Buy a Nintendo Wii for $149.99, get a $35 gaming coupon.
* At least 4 per store. No rainchecks. Coupon valid only on Friday, November 25.

Does that include the Mario Kart bundles, or only the new NSMBW non BC bundle, which is the one pictured in the ad?

Sunday, November 27th through Saturday, December 3rd:...

Get a $15 gaming coupon† when you purchase $40 of gaming software.
†Gaming coupon redeemable 12/4–1/14/11

Thanks for bringing that back. I love it. Good way to stack up on cheap clearance titles and get rewarded with a coupon. Great timing, since I will be getting my first XBOX and I definitely want Splinter Cell Conviction. Will pick that up with a few other older games and get my coupon. is there a limit as too how many $15 coupons you can get, like there was a $100 cap on the 40/110?

Just noticed, my email from my purchase today. The digital receipts are different now. It's called an E Receipt and it looks like a invoice would look if you ordered something online. Wish they wouldn't have changed them. Can already imagine the coupons from the email not working correctly.

aw man, multi quote failed a bit on me. meant to quote confoosius and his circuit city quote, loled a bit

[quote name='JP73']Does that include the Mario Kart bundles, or only the new NSMBW non BC bundle, which is the one pictured in the ad?

Thanks for bringing that back. I love it. Good way to stack up on cheap clearance titles and get rewarded with a coupon. Great timing, since I will be getting my first XBOX and I definitely want Splinter Cell Conviction. Will pick that up with a few other older games and get my coupon. is there a limit as too how many $15 coupons you can get, like there was a $100 cap on the 40/110?[/QUOTE]

yea, my kmart recently started refilling the shelves for clearance with the ones that couldnt fit before. found some i wanted that just dropped again. i assume i can still use coupons to do this (not sure how to chain my coupon train after zelda again lol)

edit: but yea, my kmarts a really good kmart. typically, they have all teh release games, and the guy who's usually there says he stocks them the day they are supposed to come out. only one i've seen to the contrary is zelda, but i'm gonna say it actually didn't come in since this morning, i called and they had already stocked it. hooray for living in an area with good workers and no gamers! (my store still has a few copies... 2-3 after mine i think)

Woo-hoo! Got the Zelda bundle at my local store. They received a delivery this morning of Zelda games. And I was able to cancel the Amazon order since they STILL hadn't processed my order.

This is the second time in the last few months where they get delivery of an item a day after release. It last happened on the Ico/Shadow release.

Too bad that $15 coupon deal with purchase over $40 goes away before Fortune Street comes out, that would be deal enough to get me to buy it on day one.

Got my email back from the $110/$50 deal. I had never had an issue before but almost wish I did have an issue every week with the way I was taken care of. Josh and Company, you all go above and beyond and really take care of your customers. Thanks.

[quote name='Zaku77']Any definitive answer for K-Mart carrying the Zelda 3DS bundle? I'd like to go get it there ;)[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well. :)

Been really happy with my experience at Kmart recently. I've now purchased:

Batman: AC
Battlefield 3
Saint's Row: The Third
Skyrim
SML3D
Zelda:SS Controller bundle

I initially swore off Kmart as a horrid place to shop, but with the great deals Josh has been cooking up, I gave it a second chance. Kudos man, you're doing a great job.

[quote name='Redeema']Too bad that $15 coupon deal with purchase over $40 goes away before Fortune Street comes out, that would be deal enough to get me to buy it on day one.[/QUOTE]

Huh? That deal ended a couple weeks ago.

so are people saying that stores got more shipments in of the zelda bundle? i got the last one at my store sunday morning but when i opened it my game case was all cracked and the discs were loose in the case which resulted in a scratched up soundtrack cd. i wanted to get it replaced but i cant if they arent getting more...

I had a real bad experience at the Kmart in Diamond Bar, CA Store#3169. I had called ahead of time to see if they had the Skyward Sword bundle with golden remote in stock and was told it was and they were going to hold it for me. I arrived and was told that it was no longer available and to come back Black Friday. I told the sales associate that I spoke with him on the phone and that he said he would hold it for me. He said he's sorry but the electronics manager told him they are holding stock for Black Friday. I told him that it's supposed to be on sale now and that he can't do that. He said there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak to this electronics manager, but he refused to come out from the back.

I've alerted Josh of the situation, but I can only hope something can be done about this. fucking ridiculous.

[quote name='ISHCM']I had a real bad experience at the Kmart in Diamond Bar, CA Store#3169. I had called ahead of time to see if they had the Skyward Sword bundle with golden remote in stock and was told it was and they were going to hold it for me. I arrived and was told that it was no longer available and to come back Black Friday. I told the sales associate that I spoke with him on the phone and that he said he would hold it for me. He said he's sorry but the electronics manager told him they are holding stock for Black Friday. I told him that it's supposed to be on sale now and that he can't do that. He said there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak to this electronics manager, but he refused to come out from the back.

I've alerted Josh of the situation, but I can only hope something can be done about this. fucking ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

What time did you call and arrive? It's possible that I may have been there just a moment before you this morning.

[quote name='41down']so are people saying that stores got more shipments in of the zelda bundle? i got the last one at my store sunday morning but when i opened it my game case was all cracked and the discs were loose in the case which resulted in a scratched up soundtrack cd. i wanted to get it replaced but i cant if they arent getting more...[/QUOTE]

Could you maybe swap that for the regular edition, since that's all that is.

[quote name='edavis0780']What time did you call and arrive? It's possible that I may have been there just a moment before you this morning.[/QUOTE]

I called at 6:30 pm and arrived at 7:00 pm. I even spoke frankly with the sales associate who was actually very nice to me. But this phantom electronics manager that he spoke to on the phone refused to come out to talk to me or even say they were out of stock. He just kept repeating "Come back on Black Friday"

[quote name='Zaku77']Could you maybe swap that for the regular edition, since that's all that is.[/QUOTE]

idk if theyd do that...different bar codes im pretty sure...

So if anybody REALLY wants to still get the Zelda Wiimote bundle and can't find it anywhere, I'd be willing to help out.
Cost, tax, shipping and I'll grab it since my store (as of last night) still had a few.
I'm keeping the coupon though.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']So if anybody REALLY wants to still get the Zelda Wiimote bundle and can't find it anywhere, I'd be willing to help out.
Cost, tax, shipping and I'll grab it since my store (as of last night) still had a few.
I'm keeping the coupon though.[/QUOTE] Wow. You're like the Mother Teresa of CAGs. :roll:

Can't wait to walk in and get WWE '12 tomorrow morning. I think my coupon train ends there though, so I don't know what I'll do with the $20 coupon.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Wow. You're like the Mother Teresa of CAGs. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Wow, and you're like the snarky asshole of CAGs. :roll:

Seriously, if places are selling out and you can't find it, isn't it nicer to buy something for cost plus shipping and miss out on a coupon you wouldn't get at any other store than buy it for some inflated price off of eBay or Amazon?
Go ahead, pay $100+ and shipping on eBay for it and don't get the coupon anyways. That's cool.
I'm asking to keep a coupon for my troubles. You don't want to take me up on the offer, no problem at all. I'm not a charity case with unlimited funds and time on my hands. I COULD just buy them all up and eBay them, but I'd rather offer somebody here a chance to get it for cost plus shipping if they can't find it on their own.
But that's cool, you can keep being a dick.

[quote name='Tsel']Can't wait to walk in and get WWE '12 tomorrow morning. I think my coupon train ends there though, so I don't know what I'll do with the $20 coupon.[/QUOTE] some ms points or psn card. i might do that.

[quote name='jmillion']some ms points or psn card. i might do that.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I just wish the coupon was active tomorrow so I didn't have to go back just to get a points card.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Wow, and you're like the snarky asshole of CAGs. :roll:

Seriously, if places are selling out and you can't find it, isn't it nicer to buy something for cost plus shipping and miss out on a coupon you wouldn't get at any other store than buy it for some inflated price off of eBay or Amazon?
Go ahead, pay $100+ and shipping on eBay for it and don't get the coupon anyways. That's cool.
I'm asking to keep a coupon for my troubles. You don't want to take me up on the offer, no problem at all. I'm not a charity case with unlimited funds and time on my hands. I COULD just buy them all up and eBay them, but I'd rather offer somebody here a chance to get it for cost plus shipping if they can't find it on their own.
But that's cool, you can keep being a dick.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no shit. His offer is very generous actually. After doing all the legwork it would be silly to give them the coupon as well. Besides, if they can't find a copy of the game at K-Mart it's not like they would be getting their own coupon any way.

I checked the FAQ and didn't see this. I have a question about the offer for the $15 coupon for buying a game $40 or more that takes place in a week. Will I still get a $15 coupon if I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, or will that bring my total purchase to $39.99? Thanks in advance.

Wanted to take advantage of either the $15 coupon last week or b1g1 50% off on Mario 3D but Penn Station has been sold out since release day and doesn't look like they will get a shipment before the offer ends.

I was able to pick up WWE 12 this morning with $35 gaming coupon and $10 WWE merch coupon. The only snag was that the next $20 coupon didn't print (I think the SYWR wasnt applied for some reason) so I was taken up to customer service and he did a return and price adjusted for the coupons and it printed out that time. Very cool and just a heads up if they say they can't do that.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Wow, and you're like the snarky asshole of CAGs. :roll:

But that's cool, you can keep being a dick.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zaku77']Yeah, no shit. His offer is very generous actually. After doing all the legwork it would be silly to give them the coupon as well. Besides, if they can't find a copy of the game at K-Mart it's not like they would be getting their own coupon any way.[/QUOTE] It was merely a reaction to the way JoeCamNet tacked it on: "I'm keeping the coupon, though." Maybe lead with that next time.

Geez, guys... calm down. I'm not sure I'd call it "silly" to give them the coupon, seeing as that's the whole point of buying it at Kmart, and that would be, hands down, the most "generous" thing to do for a fellow CAG, especially if they paid for the full cost + shipping for your "hard work" of going to the store and shipping it. A $20 coupon is a pretty hefty commission on a $70 bundle. Just saying. Think what you like.

I've bought things for people many times like this (exclusive LPs, etc.), and I only offer if it's relatively little or no hassle for me. I personally never ask for a cut of the action because I'm just doing it to be nice... or else I wouldn't bother to offer. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

And, no, I won't take you up on that offer because I got my own copy and my own coupon. But, I'm sure you'll be inundated with PMs from people who are just dying for you to buy them a copy and keep the coupon. So... good luck with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically, he's not supposed to transfer coupons. (But I think you really can.)

Either way, getting it for about $85 with shipping and tax isn't too bad.

Hey, I've bought 2 games in the past Two Weeks and neither transaction has given me a digital copy of my receipt. Normally i wouldn't make a big deal, but in the mass of coupons that printed out when i bought Zelda yesterday, none of them we're the $20 dollar off coupon, ...just direct tv, holiday lights, and advil, OH and 20% health wellness something.... :cry:

I'm hoping to find a Zelda Wii Remote bundle at the local Kmart today. Will be a little dissappointed if they don't have it, but not as much as my kids. LOL. :) They'll get over it. Still... fingers crossed....

[quote name='NoMeDigas']I've bought things for people many times like this (exclusive LPs, etc.), and I only offer if it's relatively little or no hassle for me. I personally never ask for a cut of the action because I'm just doing it to be nice... or else I wouldn't bother to offer. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
[/QUOTE]

Cool story, Mother Teresa.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']So if anybody REALLY wants to still get the Zelda Wiimote bundle and can't find it anywhere, I'd be willing to help out.
I'm keeping the coupon though.[/QUOTE]

... or they could just order it from Amazon. 'Tard. :drool:

Edit: Lol just realized it's going for $110 on Amazon. WOW. Whoever picks this up can sell it 2 years from now for $200+ new. Is it really that hard to find?

[quote name='Homolicious']... or they could just order it from Amazon. 'Tard. :drool:

Edit: Lol just realized it's going for $110 on Amazon. WOW. Whoever picks this up can sell it 2 years from now for $200+ new. Is it really that hard to find?[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:#

Tried a different store Sunday, Monday, and today. None of them even had regular edition copies (that's all I want!).

[quote name='Homolicious']... or they could just order it from Amazon. 'Tard. :drool:

Edit: Lol just realized it's going for $110 on Amazon. WOW. Whoever picks this up can sell it 2 years from now for $200+ new. Is it really that hard to find?[/QUOTE]

4 copies at my target last night.

[quote name='DeadlyToothpick']No Tekken deal makes me sad :(

*buys it anyway[/QUOTE]

Same. I would've bought it today with a $15 coupon. I think I'll just wait for the drop. I don't have anyone around to play TTT with anyways.

Picked up WWE 12 today at about 9am at the Davenport, IA Kmart (Brady St. location) and had no problem. I haven't had any problems with getting games there on release day, and normally they have signage indicating coupon deals, although there have been a couple of exceptions. I do notice that the electronics employees are always surprised when the coupons print, which is kind of amusing, but kudos to the store for having new release stuff and signs up like they should. Just thought I'd post a positive Kmart review.

No go on WWE '12 at the Cudahy, WI location. Got the old "UPS truck didn't come in" excuse. Guess I'm going to Target to pick it up.

How's that foot taste, 'tard?
Love how people think I'm trying to gouge others by keeping a coupon.
Screw it. I'll retract my offer. Buy it on Amazon for $110 instead.

Anyways, a-holes aside, gonna probably use my Zelda coupon on Thursday to grab NFS: The Run. After sale price and coupon, only $20 for a week old game is pretty good.

I find it really amazing that employees are clueless as to the inventory in the department they're assigned to. Every time I go to my local Kmart and I'm looking for a new game, the lady in the electronics department is absolutely clueless. She is a very nice older lady, and always is willing to help me, but she knows nothing about the games that she sells. Today, I asked for Skyward Sword and even showed her a pic of the game on my phone. She checked in the back and after about ten minutes, she returned with nothing and told me that it never came in. I find this difficult to believe. I assume that a) it either sold out on Sunday or b) she didn't look everywhere.

Last week I had the same problem with Mario 3d. I went to Kmart on release day and had to wait almost 20 minutes for someone to help me. I showed the gentleman a picture of the game in Kmart's ad and explained to him that the game was released that day. He immediately said "games never come out on Sunday. All games come out on Tuesday." He refused to take my word and look in the back. So I went to Gamestop and was able to purchase a copy of Mario 3d in under 4 minutes.

I really love going to Kmart for new releases, as they tend to have much better deals than the competition. But when the employees are useless, it's very frustrating. You begin to wonder if the coupons are worth the agony. I would like to try other Kmarts to take advantage of this deal, but it's hardly worth the time and effort. Just reading this thread tells me that it's not just one Kmart with the problem. I'd rather go to Gamestop, Best Buy, or Target, where the employees are actually knowledgeable of the inventory in their department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back