KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='smilee0519'] COMPLETE DUMBASS'S work at both Kmart in Queens.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for irony.

Speaking of coupons, I just realized I lost a $20 one. DOH!

Just got back from Kmart, where I was told the game did not get a credit, they pulled the flyer and showed it to me. So I pulled up the gamer.kmart.com blogpost where it is advertised.

Then they told me that I couldn't sign up for the card in store, had to go home and sign up for it online.

Sure am happy I canceled my Amazon pre-order of the remote bundle for this. Now I get to wait a 3-4 weeks for Amazon to get a copy to me (standard editions), or go to Walmart where there is no deal at all.

[quote name='smilee0519']You can do that for a fact, but you would have to cover the $50 coupon. Coupons can only be used once and if returned for another item (as in your case), you would have to cover the difference and the $50 coupon. Believe me, workers and managers at Kmart would fail a second grade math test if given. They literally don't know how to apply common sense to situations. COMPLETE DUMBASS'S work at both Kmart in Queens.[/QUOTE]

apparently, it is not just happened in queens, but it most likely is because they don't want to honor it.

[quote name='Kaoz']Just got back from Kmart, where I was told the game did not get a credit, they pulled the flyer and showed it to me. So I pulled up the gamer.kmart.com blogpost where it is advertised.

Then they told me that I couldn't sign up for the card in store, had to go home and sign up for it online.

Sure am happy I canceled my Amazon pre-order of the remote bundle for this. Now I get to wait a 3-4 weeks for Amazon to get a copy to me (standard editions), or go to Walmart where there is no deal at all.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy might still have it. That was where I got it Monday, and my friend told me he still got one this morning. They have $10 GC with it, not as good as Kmart's $20, but better than nothing...

Got my second Order from Kmart.com from the buy 1 get %50 off 1 perfect! So Glad I never bothered going to the store. I know some of you have a decent time at your stores but the one near me is awful. But Kmart.com is batting 1000 2 for 2 I got 4 great games for a $190.00 Not bad at all. Skyrim, St's Row 3, and MW3 360 and Rayman PS3. I will not hesitate to order again from Kmart.com UPS shipping was great 2 days both times and it was free. Kmart.com has most picked up the slack, the first time I ordered from them 2.5 years ago it was pretty crappy, this time was great.

Any significant difference in performance between Splatterhouse on 360 or PS3?

Also SHC crew, disappointed not to see a deal on Witcher 2. Glad I cleared out my minimal SYWR points since 1/3 of them expired end of Dec.

[quote name='Kaoz']Just got back from Kmart, where I was told the game did not get a credit, they pulled the flyer and showed it to me. So I pulled up the gamer.kmart.com blogpost where it is advertised.

Sure am happy I canceled my Amazon pre-order of the remote bundle for this. Now I get to wait a 3-4 weeks for Amazon to get a copy to me (standard editions), or go to Walmart where there is no deal at all.[/QUOTE]

I saw two bundles at Target today. You gotta peek inside the plastic prisons.

I sent an email over a week ago to kmart gamer. Still Miffed at how between both my home stores of Everett, Wa and Marysville, Wa the stores only received 1 copy of Metal Gear HD on PS3 after having the employee hunt the back on launch day. After 30 minutes of waiting he came up with the copy in a box of skyrim and refuse to sell me the game that day saying it must come out on 11-8 along wth skyrim, that's why it was in the box? I got no replies from the email, and worse, the deal is coming up on Friday morning and I still have to see more copies show up here.

Why advertise something there is so little of? At least i wont fight the crowded traffic to get it. Hope amazon matches sadly :[

Still waiting for my gift card to make up for no Ratchet & Clank gamer coupon. I think I'm done with K-Mart. Will burn off my $20 gamer card on a cheap game and be done with it.

Question about Heavy Rain Director's Cut availability.

I remember Josh Deane saying that Heavy Rain supply will slowly be replenished over time as older stock is sold. Is this still true?

Or, has there been a shift in plans? And now Kmart is immediately stocking shelves will the Director's Cut for the Black Friday deal?

Hey SHC-Gamer, I had an issue that probably falls outside of your jurisdiction but I'm hoping you may be able to help me with or point me in the right direction.

About 3 weeks ago I went on vacation with my family in North/South Carolina, and we stopped at a K-Mart to pick up a few things my brother had forgotten. As I didn't have anything better to do I wandered around the games section for a while looking to see what this store had on clearance. I didn't find anything, and my family is finishing up their shopping, so I head back out to the car. As I try to leave I'm stopped by a clerk and another guy dressed in plain clothes. The guy pulls out a lanyard with a ID tag on it out from under his shirt and tells me he's from loss prevention, and then proceeds to lie to me, claiming they have me on video stealing things and that he's going to call the police. After telling him repeatedly that I hadn't taken anything, while he continues to tell me I'm lying and threaten to call the cops, I finally offer to go inside and have him search me, at which point he gives up, as he knows none of what he's said is true, and lets me go. I was pretty pissed off, and so I looked up and called the Sears/K-Mart complaint center number. I was directed to an operator who I explained the situation to. He apologized for the inconvenience, took my information down, said he'd report it to the store and offered me a $20 GC for the trouble, which I accepted. He said it would take about 10 days to arrive, but it's now 3 weeks later and I haven't heard a thing, so I'm kind of wondering if they just told me that to pacify me, as I was a pretty pissed after being harassed by rent-a-cop, with no real intention of doing anything.

When I worked loss prevention back in the day, we were always told never to stop anyone unless you was 100 percent sure. If we was watching someone and then loss track of him, we wouldn't stop them because they might've put the item back.

This guy claimed over and over that he had me on video, which was a complete lie. He was a real douche about it too. He also asked if I smoke like 5 times for some reason, even though I kept telling him I don't :/

Then they told me that I couldn't sign up for the card in store, had to go home and sign up for it online.[/QUOTE]

You missed your chance!! You clearly have web access on your phone, you should've signed up for it from your phone, just to be a smartass.

[quote name='Scorch']You missed your chance!! You clearly have web access on your phone, you should've signed up for it from your phone, just to be a smartass.[/QUOTE]
In that situation, you could pretend not to have an account, then suddenly be like, "(takes out card) fuck you, asshole!" j/k

[quote name='PublikDefender']Question about Heavy Rain Director's Cut availability.

I remember Josh Deane saying that Heavy Rain supply will slowly be replenished over time as older stock is sold. Is this still true?

Or, has there been a shift in plans? And now Kmart is immediately stocking shelves will the Director's Cut for the Black Friday deal?
[/QUOTE]

I saw one or two copies of the directors cut aty kmart tonight.

I've struck out on two deals recently. I was at Kmart in middle village on Sunday at 8:30 a.m. for the Skyward Sword bundle and they were all out. I went back today to try to use my $15 coupon on Zelda and Mario 3D land, but Mario was sold out. I settled Kirby Mass Attack DS for $29.99, and $15 after my coupon.

I just can't rely on Kmart having any of the games in stock anymore. I also tried to see if the Mario 3Dland/Zelda combo was in stock at Penn Station this Monday and struck out.

This is not to mention that Batman was sold out on release date at Penn Station, and there wasn't enough stock the of the PS3 headset during the uncharted 3 deal.

The deals are great, but I can't seem to find the games in stock when I need to use the coupon.

I'm off the coupon train now, and may just stick to Amazon for my deals. They always have stock, and I don't have to waste time going to/from store only to have the product be out of stock.

[quote name='aptanor']This guy claimed over and over that he had me on video, which was a complete lie. He was a real douche about it too. He also asked if I smoke like 5 times for some reason, even though I kept telling him I don't :/[/QUOTE]

Loss Prevention guys have no real power. You should have just ignored him and walked to your car, and if he tried to prevent you from doing so, called the police yourself.

Well, the deals were nice while they lasted...but I'm done with Kmart. I tried the coupon from my Skyrim purchase only to discover it had supposedly been used already (according to the computer).

Complete BS. I had not used the coupon, nor would anyone have had access to it. So angry about this. I feel cheated.

Having a coupon come up as having already been used is the kind of thing you need to email Josh about in detail. One of two things happened, either there's a problem with the system that needs to be addressed or you were bilked by the cashier who rang you up when you earned the coupon. Either way, he'll want to know the full story and will be able to help you.

Well let's get cracking here - it's deals eve for Kmart shoppers. Anyone going early Thursday and if so for what. I'm going to check out some games, kinect bundle, maybe a cordless phone. Obviously nothing too exciting but early is the only time that fits my schedule so hey, I'll be there around 6.

I'm probably going to try to go early Thursday to pick up one of the X12 headsets with my $20 coupon from WWE12 for $25(Assuming it works tomorrow, since the coupon says it's valid starting 11/27)

[quote name='PublikDefender']Question about Heavy Rain Director's Cut availability.

[/QUOTE]

Good luck with this. When my local Gamestop got restocked on the DC of Heavy Rain, they got a total of 2 copies. And they have it on sale for the same price Friday. This is also the 2nd busiest Gamestop in St. Louis, although they do more 360 sales than PS3.

Going to Kmart in an hour.
Not because I want to beat the rush for sales, honestly, because I'm just going for one game. I'm just awake and bored and want to go to Kmart at 6am.
Gonna use my $20 Zelda coupon to grab NFS: The Run for a whopping $20.
Then it'll go in the backlog and I'll go back to playing Skyrim.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Going to Kmart in an hour.
Not because I want to beat the rush for sales, honestly, because I'm just going for one game. I'm just awake and bored and want to go to Kmart at 6am.
Gonna use my $20 Zelda coupon to grab NFS: The Run for a whopping $20.
Then it'll go in the backlog and I'll go back to playing Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

anything good?

CRAX is back with your 6am report. Local Kmart was surprisingly crowded. Also, the news was there doing a story. Anyway, head in and go to electronics. There's a big line for pickup - apparently they had handed out tickets earlier for the extreme specials. One such item was apparently a camcorder. Amazed to hear people still buy those much less get up at 5am to do so. But I digress.

Really all I ended up with is War in the North. The electronics people were really friendly and there were several of them. They let me take the game up front to check out which was nice. Used my $30 batman coupon which worked no issues.

As for other items on my radar - the kinect $99 bundle was indeed the normal one you see around. I asked if it came with Wipeout and the lady in electronics said that was only Target, so apparently she knew something about the sales. Also, Skylanders figures were basically wiped out. That I cared less about now that Amazon has them same price.

So yes basically I got up just to get that lord of the rings game and use up my coupon. Good times! At least there's a Dunkin Donuts right there also...

NOTE TO KMART PEOPLE: There were multiple copies of Alice: Madness Returns sitting around, if *only* those had been on sale I would have snapped one up even in my semi-asleep condition!

Any deal Josh coming on saints row the third for PS3? Like to see it put on sale for $39.99 or $44.99. Watching a copy on ebay right now and going to try to buy for preorder bonuses unless kmart is going to have a sale in the coming weeks. Thanks.

[quote name='confoosious']anything good?[/QUOTE]

At Kmart or in my backlog?
Kmart: the usual. You've seen the ad. Some decent stuff.
My Backlog: Pretty much everything else that came out this fall worth buying (re: No CoD). I've played nothing else since Skyrim released. Nothing.

Went in got Need for Speed: The Run for 10.76 (had to use that 30 buck coupon sometime) women was like great deal and all i can think was...........JOSH why oh why you didn't make a deal on Assassin's Creeds like last year

Do gaming coupons not work on systems? I assumed they did. I went in with my $20 coupon from Zelda to get a Wii (and the $35 coupon) and when they scanned the coupon the system said something like "must void tender before coupon can be applied." I had also asked them to use my SYWR points, which might have been the reason it was saying that. None of the 5 people in Electronics knew what that meant, so they called over a manager who "informed" me that the coupons only work on games. "See it says GAMING that means only games." I tried to explain that it meant literally anything related to gaming and she was steadfast on it not working. When I told them I'd used the gaming coupons to buy Skylanders figures, which aren't games, they made up some bullshit about their system changing every day and what worked last week probably wouldn't work this week.

At this point I was getting frustrated so I took my coupon back and walked out the door. After cooling off, I went back in and asked if they would try the Wii without using my SYWR points and the manager refused, saying they get in trouble for having too many voids in their system so she wouldn't even try it for me. I asked if she preferred I leave and not buy anything, to which she responded "SIR I WOULDN'T PREFER ANYTHING" and walked away. I stood around for about 10 minutes before their store manager called Electronics and said the coupon does indeed only work on games.

At this point I was beyond frustrated and tired of trying, so I asked for a Kinect, which I was also wanting to buy but I really wanted to get the Wii first so I could use the $35 coupon on a Kinect tomorrow. When paying for the Kinect, I handed the coupon over and the system took it no problem. I made sure to point out to the employees, manager, and store manager guy (who at this point had walked out with a bunch of papers stating the rules of gaming coupons) that the Kinect was not a game and the coupon worked on it. They responded "oh well that's weird."

It's gonna take a hell of a deal to ever get me back into that K-Mart.

[quote name='Luuc']Do gaming coupons not work on systems? I assumed they did. I went in with my $20 coupon from Zelda to get a Wii (and the $35 coupon) and when they scanned the coupon the system said something like "must void tender before coupon can be applied." I had also asked them to use my SYWR points, which might have been the reason it was saying that. None of the 5 people in Electronics knew what that meant, so they called over a manager who "informed" me that the coupons only work on games. "See it says GAMING that means only games." I tried to explain that it meant literally anything related to gaming and she was steadfast on it not working. When I told them I'd used the gaming coupons to buy Skylanders figures, which aren't games, they made up some bullshit about their system changing every day and what worked last week probably wouldn't work this week.

At this point I was getting frustrated so I took my coupon back and walked out the door. After cooling off, I went back in and asked if they would try the Wii without using my SYWR points and the manager refused, saying they get in trouble for having too many voids in their system so she wouldn't even try it for me. I asked if she preferred I leave and not buy anything, to which she responded "SIR I WOULDN'T PREFER ANYTHING" and walked away. I stood around for about 10 minutes before their store manager called Electronics and said the coupon does indeed only work on games.

At this point I was beyond frustrated and tired of trying, so I asked for a Kinect, which I was also wanting to buy but I really wanted to get the Wii first so I could use the $35 coupon on a Kinect tomorrow. When paying for the Kinect, I handed the coupon over and the system took it no problem. I made sure to point out to the employees, manager, and store manager guy (who at this point had walked out with a bunch of papers stating the rules of gaming coupons) that the Kinect was not a game and the coupon worked on it. They responded "oh well that's weird."

It's gonna take a hell of a deal to ever get me back into that K-Mart.[/QUOTE]

You have to use coupons first, then SYWR points, as I understand it. But all those employees are definitely full of it.

Next week, if we pay full price for it, are we going to get a $15 coupon for buying Battlefield 3 and another $15 coupon for buying gaming merch over $40? 'Cause that would be sweet. I probably won't take advantage, but still.

I just went in to Kmart and picked up the last copy of Red Dead Redemption GOTY for PS3, I used my Zelda $20 coupon which brings my coupon train ride to an end.

[quote name='zelda2fanboy']Next week, if we pay full price for it, are we going to get a $15 coupon for buying Battlefield 3 and another $15 coupon for buying gaming merch over $40? 'Cause that would be sweet. I probably won't take advantage, but still.[/QUOTE]

From the wording, it sounds like you only get a bonus for BF3 when purchased together with the system. If you buy it separately, you'll get the $15 coupon for the $40+ deal. Buying it with the system kicks out a $35 for the system in addition to the $15 you're getting for buying the software.

I could be interpreting the system promotion incorrectly, but I'm quite certain that the game alone will only net you one coupon.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Any deal Josh coming on saints row the third for PS3? Like to see it put on sale for $39.99 or $44.99. Watching a copy on ebay right now and going to try to buy for preorder bonuses unless kmart is going to have a sale in the coming weeks. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Josh had this to say a few days ago about SR3 getting a sale:[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Rayman and Saints Row III will see a discount in December, MW3 will be tough.[/QUOTE]

So, because BB crapped out and decided to sell out of the "family" Wii. I was able to snag a white mario kart wii (still has BC as far as I was able to research) for the 149 price and 35 credit. Not too bad of a deal for getting the "better" wii.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Just giving you a heads up.[/QUOTE]

If you ask me, you're spouting YOUR OPINION. This guy did nothing wrong. He specifically asked if he would get in trouble for returning a game that he got a coupon on. He probably offered to return the coupon too, since he wasn't going to use it. I've done the same thing in the past and was told not to worry about it.

Ended my coupon train on fifa 12, 20 dollars after the 20 dollar coupon from skyward sword. Its been a good (but crazy) year with you kmart.

I unloaded my last coupon of the year on Madden 12 today, they had a TON of people working in the store, it was a nice change. The first deal of this year seems like a distant memory now, its been fun with only occasional hiccups along the way. I'll be back in February for SSX if not sooner, next year's gonna rock.

I've never done it, but some in the thread have mentioned using KMart's layaway program. Seems there's a promotion where you can get a $5 eGift card for completing an 8-week layaway contract or a $10 one for a 12-week (requires $300+ purchase). Barcode to scan at time of layaway can be found here.

Offer good for layaways initiated through the 27th.

Can be used online with code LAYAWAY

So I'm at Kmart right now looking to get the MGS HD Collection and I don't even see any in the cages. Not feeling good about Kmart pulling this together....

Well, Kmart wasn't too bad. Little upset that there wasn't a single copy of MGS HD on the shelves (makes me wonder if they had any to begin with) but glad I scored the last copy of Ico/SotC for $10 after coupon.

Giant waste of time to go in to K-Mart on BF. The line was absolutely insane with 1 person working the register in electronics.

No MGS HD Collection, and stores in MA weren't even open yesterday so no decent deals either. I need to get rid of these damn Skyward Sword coupons >.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back