KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
SHC-Gamer = Josh
Josh = League of One on XBL and PSN
League of One = Mark Korich on Kmart Gamer

Anybody else confused by this?

[quote name='SPVietBoy']Uh... what? doesn't the spend 40 get 15 promo end saturday? if so, then you wouldn't get another 15 coupon. just the one from mario kart.
surprised u didn't catch that confoosious o_O[/QUOTE]

bah. Sometimes I trust other people's ability to read too much.

thanks for pointing that out.

[quote name='rjejr']SHC-Gamer = Josh
Josh = League of One on XBL and PSN
League of One = Mark Korich on Kmart Gamer

Anybody else confused by this?[/QUOTE]

What's confusing. Mark is Josh, who is SHC, who is League of One. He has split personalities. How else do you explain all the work that gets done;)

If anything, Stockboy is slacking. C'mon Andrew you can do better:lol:

Insane checkout....

Scan my SYWR
scan my 3 items to get me to 50.
Get a 5 GC
Then scan my Sears discount
Then a can of soda
Then finally pay and get the 15 coupon.

The sears discount is a tricky dicky. I probably could have just paid at the end without the soda.

At least after 20 minutes standing there, we were able to fix this puzzle.

Anyone know of any good filler games to get Mario 3D and bring it over $40 to get the $15 GC?

Thanks! This forum really is the best.

I've used:
$15 Punchout
$15 Sin+Punishment

At mine. Though they were almost out. There were quite a few options...almost picked up $15 invisimals for PSP just to get a camera.

They have lots of good games cheap in the "shovelware" bin. I found deBlob2 (Wii), Harvest Moon, Sid Meier Pirates, and others. These generally have the generic sticker on them so prices vary, but usually $9.99 to 14.99. Also a few decent DS games. Just dig to the bottom or back of the bin. And don't forget that many K-mart clearance games are actually cheaper than the yellow reduced sticker.

Does anybody know how many days it takes for a coupon to usually activates? Just wondering cause I plan on buying Mario Kart 7 and using the $15 gaming coupon that comes with it to buy Star Fox 3DS for only $15 since Star Fox is going to be on sale this week for $29.99.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Does anybody know how many days it takes for a coupon to usually activates? Just wondering cause I plan on buying Mario Kart 7 and using the $15 gaming coupon that comes with it to buy Star Fox 3DS for only $15 since Star Fox is going to be on sale this week for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

I just got the 15 for 40 and it starts on Sunday, so I'll bet the MK7 one will be active on the 11th.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Does anybody know how many days it takes for a coupon to usually activates? Just wondering cause I plan on buying Mario Kart 7 and using the $15 gaming coupon that comes with it to buy Star Fox 3DS for only $15 since Star Fox is going to be on sale this week for $29.99.[/QUOTE]Coupons usually don't activate until the following Sunday (with the exception of the Skyward Sword coupon which became active on Thanksgiving Day), so the MK7 coupon wouldn't activate until 12/11, unfortunately. :cry:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']From the gift card team:

There was an error within the processing of all gift cards within the group that works the requests for your team. The error has been identified and a fix was put into place yesterday. All gift cards have been batched and the backlog has been worked up to 11/28. Customers should be receiving their gift cards within the next 5-10 business days from yesterday.[/QUOTE]
i was wondering what happen with the giftcard. i kept checking my mailbox everyday. :lol: Thats cool though. glad for the update.

Quick question, the list of clearance games in the OP is correct for every K-Mart, right? So even if the game is stickered differently at my store, it'll ring up as the price in the OP?

Just clearing that up. I never bothered to ask before.

[quote name='Tsel']Quick question, the list of clearance games in the OP is correct for every K-Mart, right? So even if the game is stickered differently at my store, it'll ring up as the price in the OP?

Just clearing that up. I never bothered to ask before.[/QUOTE]

Yes. i know because I've bought a crap load of clearance titles from 3 different Kmarts during this and the last 40/15 deal. But remember that the same title might not be the same price for each system. Just case a title is X for the PS3 does not mean it is the same for the 360.

[quote name='Dacoops3']Anyone know of any good filler games to get Mario 3D and bring it over $40 to get the $15 GC?

Thanks! This forum really is the best.[/QUOTE]

AC/DC track pack $2.99
There is also a list of clearance games one the first page.

[quote name='confoosious']That would be awesome. And since they are two different offers, you could stack both coupons. Must attempt on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Dude, u were just on here the other day telling me I was being shady and yet you were fully ready and willing to exploit a potential flaw in the system? That sounds way more shady than the issues I had run into. Do you like that glass house you live in?

Anyhow, does anyone know if Kmart will let me exchange an item on layaway? I put two 3ds's on a couple weeks ago with the $35 coup promo (one for the woman, one for the daughter) but now I see there is a pink bundle with Nintendogs. They both desire this bundle immensely! Hoping that I can change the item without cancelling the layaway. Anybody?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brewin']Dude, u were just on here the other day telling me I was being shady and yet you were fully ready and willing to exploit a potential flaw in the system? That sounds way more shady than the issues I had run into. Do you like that glass house you live in?

Anyhow, does anyone know if Kmart will let me exchange an item on layaway? I put two 3ds's on a couple weeks ago with the $35 coup promo (one for the woman, one for the daughter) but now I see there is a pink bundle with Nintendogs. They both desire this bundle immensely! Hoping that I can change the item without cancelling the layaway. Anybody?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you were accused of, but stacking deals is not shady. It's actually encouraged and the system is designed to let you do just that with a few exceptions.

It's a moot point however in this situation since the deals do not overlap.

[quote name='brewin']Dude, u were just on here the other day telling me I was being shady and yet you were fully ready and willing to exploit a potential flaw in the system? That sounds way more shady than the issues I had run into. Do you like that glass house you live in?
[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? It's not a flaw in the system. It's two promos coming together.

Is the fact that you can spend $50 and get both a $15 coupon AND a $5 gift card a "flaw in the system?" Of course not, it's just concurrent promos. So where's the shadiness, smart guy?

(and obviously, it's not because they do not overlap. the person posting it had their dates mixed up and I didn't check.)

[quote name='Tsel']Quick question, the list of clearance games in the OP is correct for every K-Mart, right? So even if the game is stickered differently at my store, it'll ring up as the price in the OP?

Just clearing that up. I never bothered to ask before.[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. Occasionally when games are moved to the discount bin, they have a different barcode stickered over the original to effect the price change. (I'm not sure, but this may be for when stores do their own clearances by location.) If the game you want has a different barcode on it, it will usually not ring up at the KMart-wide clearance price as a result.

Since removing stickers from products is generally frowned upon at best, I'm not going to suggest tampering with the merchandise, but look at what you want to buy and see what the UPCs are. If you see two copies with different barcodes, bring both to the register and see which one scans for a better price. If that's not an option, you could try asking the cashier to try the original barcode if a stickered one brings up the wrong price.

[quote name='confoosious']What are you talking about? It's not a flaw in the system. It's two promos coming together.

Is the fact that you can spend $50 and get both a $15 coupon AND a $5 gift card a "flaw in the system?" Of course not, it's just concurrent promos. So where's the shadiness, smart guy?

(and obviously, it's not because they do not overlap. the person posting it had their dates mixed up and I didn't check.)[/QUOTE]

You can do it this week with a $40 game purchase for 15 coupon and then spend 10 more for 5gc but it ends like tomorrow for the
5gc.

I thought I had a slick deal today, but after reading this thread a little, maybe it would be deemed 'shady', I don't know. :) I snagged 3 $20 clearance/value titles, got the $15 gaming coupon, a $5 store credit card (the one that's only good for like 5 days), then used the spend over $50 get 10k SYWR points coupon. So that's $30 back in points/coupons/GC's for $60+ tax spent.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm with Confoosious with this one...I thought it was a great coincidence that all of the deals overlapped and a good motivator to get me into the store; doesn't seem like taking advantage of a 'flaw'. I definitely wouldn't have been motivated to spend that $60 there if these deals weren't offered, so it got them some business from me.

Now, is the 5 Dollar Award card on anything or just video games? Like if I buy a Wii game for 49.99, can i just get a stick of gum to put me over and get 20 back( 15 GC and 5 AC)? Or is it just gaming or other specific things?

[quote name='sgaldis']I thought I had a slick deal today, but after reading this thread a little, maybe it would be deemed 'shady', I don't know. :) I snagged 3 $20 clearance/value titles, got the $15 gaming coupon, a $5 store credit card (the one that's only good for like 5 days), then used the spend over $50 get 10k SYWR points coupon. So that's $30 back in points/coupons/GC's for $60+ tax spent.

[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the Spend over $50 get 10k SYWR points coupon?

Thanks.

Directly above message: You can buy anything at Kmart to get the $5 gc (so gum will work).

[quote name='DPsycho']Yes and no. Occasionally when games are moved to the discount bin, they have a different barcode stickered over the original to effect the price change. (I'm not sure, but this may be for when stores do their own clearances by location.) If the game you want has a different barcode on it, it will usually not ring up at the KMart-wide clearance price as a result.

Since removing stickers from products is generally frowned upon at best, I'm not going to suggest tampering with the merchandise, but look at what you want to buy and see what the UPCs are. If you see two copies with different barcodes, bring both to the register and see which one scans for a better price. If that's not an option, you could try asking the cashier to try the original barcode if a stickered one brings up the wrong price.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Josh can confirm this, but typically when those generic bar codes are on the games, that means they came from a different source (and thus would not be re-tagged stock). Many times it's an outside 3rd party, too (even at places like Best Buy).

Has anyone successfully used a gaming coupon to purchase a PSN or XBLA points card at the Astor Place or Penn Station Kmarts in NYC? At Astor Place, I tried to use a soon-to-expire gaming coupon on a PSN card and the cashier adamantly refused to ring up the transaction.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']I think everyone wants to know that... that would make this amazing.[/QUOTE]That's for sure--I might consider getting Skyrim this week if such a coupon is obtainable by anyone and not email-exclusive.

Is there any one i can email to see if they could get stock of the collectors edition of star wars at my kmart on release day? I thought i remembered stockboy saying to email him , but then i was lookin through some posts and i think i read that hes not in charge of that anymore?

I want to return my PS3 version of Skyrim, but at KMart it seems that once a videogame is opened, it can't be returned.

And that makes sense to me, as the vast majority of games don't ship with game breaking bugs. I really hoped that the patch released recently would fix the lag/freezing issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Even a game review has lowered their scores to reflect this bug, bringing down the metacritic score:
http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/review/skyrim-ps3-review/

Are there any exceptions to the no returning an opened video game rule?

[quote name='aiko']Has anyone successfully used a gaming coupon to purchase a PSN or XBLA points card at the Astor Place or Penn Station Kmarts in NYC? At Astor Place, I tried to use a soon-to-expire gaming coupon on a PSN card and the cashier adamantly refused to ring up the transaction.[/QUOTE]
have u been there recently this week? have you seen any WWE 12 games there? i tried to get one last week at Penn and was sold out :cry:

Damn! I was planning to get Mario Kart 7 with my Uncharted coupon to get $15 back but also want Star Fox 3d that's on sale the same week. I know the $15 coupon won't be good until after the Star Fox sale is over though. Crappy how the coupons are not valid right away!

[quote name='breakline']Is there any one i can email to see if they could get stock of the collectors edition of star wars at my kmart on release day? I thought i remembered stockboy saying to email him , but then i was lookin through some posts and i think i read that hes not in charge of that anymore?[/QUOTE]

From KmartGamer's Facebook:

"As for Collector's Editions, most companies sell them during the "Pre-order" time frame. After "Pre-orders" are done and the game has released, most companies don't carry a large amount of Collector's Editions. Since we don't have a proven "Pre-order" system, it's hard to know how many copies, if any, to purchase. So if we buy say, 1,000 Collector's Editions of FFXIII-2, we won't know what stores to put them in and if we have any say 300 left over, we're stuck with the inventory. Vendors can markdown and pay for markdowns on the regular version of a game, but not the Collector's Edition. Until we have a better "Pre-order" system, it will be difficult to carry Collector's Editions due to the risk of excess inventory and increased expense. Basically, the money we spent on those editions we can't sell...we lose and don't get funding from vendors for...which means less money to purchase other titles to sell. It's a snowball effect. That's why Josh and his team try to be very selective when it comes to Collector's Editions. On the positive side, we are working on a "Pre-order" system as well as improving gaming coupons online...so hopefully we will carry more in the future."

[quote name='brutongaster']Wait, what? Where was this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry I didn't point that out. It was in an e-mail I got (the spend $50 get 10k SWYR points). I hadn't been keeping up with this thread for awhile, so when I saw it in my e-mail, I just assumed it was something everyone had gotten. I guess I was special for once. :D

[quote name='wakarukaya']I want to return my PS3 version of Skyrim, but at KMart it seems that once a videogame is opened, it can't be returned.

And that makes sense to me, as the vast majority of games don't ship with game breaking bugs. I really hoped that the patch released recently would fix the lag/freezing issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Even a game review has lowered their scores to reflect this bug, bringing down the metacritic score:

Are there any exceptions to the no returning an opened video game rule?[/QUOTE]
Drink a lot of Black-Briar mead. Just kidding.

I also own a PS3 copy, and despite feeling like I'm making do with the various technical issues, I don't regret purchasing it at all (assuming these problems will get fixed eventually). I'll most-likely upgrade to a PC copy between now and the next game, though.

My main gripe with the game, if I have any, is that despite how big the game is, I sometimes wish it were more polished or fleshed out. The dialogue sometimes feels too limited, and the AI sometimes gets too wonky. But just when I think I'm getting irritated with the bad elements in the game, something cool happens that makes me overlook them.

Welp, time to get married in my underwear (again). This game would be so much cooler than it already is with profanity and nudity. Yowza.

[quote name='wakarukaya']I want to return my PS3 version of Skyrim, but at KMart it seems that once a videogame is opened, it can't be returned.

Are there any exceptions to the no returning an opened video game rule?[/QUOTE]

if your interested to trade or sell the game, pm me please:)

Is it possible that they are sending out different e-mail offers to customers? I woke up to an e-mail with the offer "spend up to $250 in December, get $25 in SWYR points for use in January... spend up to $500 and get $50 in points".

I haven't gotten the $50 for 10k points e-mail.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']With a $20 coupon in hand, looks like I'll finally be biting on Dead Island.[/QUOTE]

Good deal - but it's not like your backlog needs any more wood on the fire. Burn baby, burn!

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']With a $20 coupon in hand, looks like I'll finally be biting on Dead Island.[/QUOTE]

Awesome game! I had a blast and immeidately started a new game + after finishing. A lot of people bitched about the bugs and all that, but seriously i have encountered way more bugs in Skyrim than DI. Dead Island is my sleeper of the year and easily one of the most enjoyable games I have played in a very long time! There is so much to do and see and you're always on the edge of your seat. The gunplay is a little wonky, but decapitating waves of zombies with perfectly timed machete swings never gets old! Just make sure to loot as much as you can and repair your weapons at every possible opportunity.

[quote name='sadboy']Drink a lot of Black-Briar mead. Just kidding.

I also own a PS3 copy, and despite feeling like I'm making do with the various technical issues, I don't regret purchasing it at all (assuming these problems will get fixed eventually). I'll most-likely upgrade to a PC copy between now and the next game, though.

My main gripe with the game, if I have any, is that despite how big the game is, I sometimes wish it were more polished or fleshed out. The dialogue sometimes feels too limited, and the AI sometimes gets too wonky. But just when I think I'm getting irritated with the bad elements in the game, something cool happens that makes me overlook them.

Welp, time to get married in my underwear (again). This game would be so much cooler than it already is with profanity and nudity. Yowza.[/QUOTE]

My main gripe is with the lagging issue, which I'm pretty sure Bethesda knew about when they withheld PS3 review copies. They've released a patch now that not only doesn't fix it... it makes dragons fly backwards and breaks the resistance system.

Some of the gameplay bugs are hilarious though... if it were just that, I wouldn't be vocal about it at all!

I'm going to be getting MK7 and LoZ:OoT next week, it seems. Glad to see OoT for $30 - I had bought a used copy from Amazon, but I'm returning and will buy it new for that price. Will use my $20 coupon toward them, get a new $15 coupon.

[quote name='confoosious']What are you talking about? It's not a flaw in the system. It's two promos coming together.

(and obviously, it's not because they do not overlap. the person posting it had their dates mixed up and I didn't check.)[/QUOTE]
I don't see this as a flaw either. The storewide offer is funded by the company and the gaming offer is funded by my area. I am thrilled there is a bonus.

[quote name='fatpants']Is it possible that they are sending out different e-mail offers to customers? I woke up to an e-mail with the offer "spend up to $250 in December, get $25 in SWYR points for use in January... spend up to $500 and get $50 in points".

I haven't gotten the $50 for 10k points e-mail.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to write this, but now I'll just quote you.

This sounds very similar to the TRU deal that has been running. I may buy my 3DS at Kmart now rather than TRU. Well see where the car drives me to Sunday morning in my hungover daze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back