KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I only picked up 6 or 7 games and a bunch of 3 Month Live Cards from Best Buy during Black Friday but most them were for my coworkers and only equal maybe half of what I spend at Kmart.

Videogames & Consoles:

BF - Bestbuy - 1; Amazon -2 (I hate it that they just match all deals - no creativity :roll:); Walmart - 3; Kmart -??? :)cry:)

Full year (minus BF) - Kmart - Numero Uno; Amazon - 2; Bestbuy -3

Happy holidays to Josh & everyone :cool:

[quote name='sm04as']I'm having somewhat of a problem right now.

I bought 5? clearance games last week at K-mart Store A to get the $15 gaming coupon (> $40) and $5 card (>$50), probably spent close to $60.

When I came home, I realized one of the games had a loose disc inside. I decided to go to K-Mart Store B the following day with all the items I bought, found a game worth $20, went to Customer service, and did a return / repurchase of everything (except that loose disc one) and I put one $15 game (from the original 5) on a separate receipt. The total ended up being closer to $50. I also bought a $10 clearance game from Store B as well, also separate receipt.

Forward to today. I brought in the 2 games to Kmart Store A, the $10 clearance game from Store B + the
$15 game which I had originally purchased from Store A. I went to customer service to return / re-purchase these games using the gaming coupon, but I was told a.) the gaming coupon is not valid on games, b.) the sticker on the game indicates that it came from their store, but the receipt shows I purchased it from Store B c.) I have to go back to Store B and deal with them, because they couldn't understand what I was trying to explain d.) On attemping to just deal with the $10 clearance game which didn't come from them in the first place, I still have to back to the orginal store (Store B) where I bought it from.

Regardless of where I bought it, aren't all franchise locations the same (i.e. I can buy from one store and return at another branch). I bought from Store A and had no problems returning / re-buying from Store B, shouldn't the reverse be the same thing? or did I just get stuck with someone who doesn't know what he's doing? or did I do something wrong, particularly with the coupon, since this is my attempt in using it. In my mind, all the steps I took were logical, but I guess I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you bought a bunch of games to get a $15 coupon, then you tried to return the games and keep the coupon, and then rebuy the games and use the coupon on those games? That's definitely not allowed.

[quote name='adamical']Wait, you bought a bunch of games to get a $15 coupon, then you tried to return the games and keep the coupon, and then rebuy the games and use the coupon on those games? That's definitely not allowed.[/QUOTE]

i had to reread his story but I think you're right. He tried to return rebuy using the coupon he got for buying it in the first place! The loose disc is a separate issue. WTF:whistle2:#

[quote name='adamical']Wait, you bought a bunch of games to get a $15 coupon, then you tried to return the games and keep the coupon, and then rebuy the games and use the coupon on those games? That's definitely not allowed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is how I read it as well.

OP-Once you return a game the coupon is void. Even if you only return one of the 5 that initially made the deal work. The coupon will void.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Nothing makes me happier than creating/pushing the deals to everyone. I just hope I'll be able to put the gas on as much as we did TY for next year. Our December this year is not nearly as good as it was LY (including BF).[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. I actually only bought three games from Kmart this year. I spent a lot at Bestbuy since it started the trade-in program and I can use the trade-in credit to buy stuff. Also Bestbuy did have a lot of good deals from Black Friday. Josh, I heard Kmart was going to start a tradein program at the beginning of this year. Any updates on that?

[quote name='MfMonster']Yeah, that is how I read it as well.

OP-Once you return a game the coupon is void. Even if you only return one of the 5 that initially made the deal work. The coupon will void.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']i had to reread his story but I think you're right. He tried to return rebuy using the coupon he got for buying it in the first place! The loose disc is a separate issue. WTF:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

No, once I returned the games I discarded the $15 coupon. I've already read on the 1st page about how each coupon is connected to your SYWR card. I understand once you return the games it it's not allowed and I respect that.

I paid with cash and my own gift cards the first time around and the second time around. The loose disc was THE issue of my return.

The $15 gaming coupon I used today was the 2nd one (after the repurchase). I guess I wasn't too clear, everybody jumped to their own conclusion and nobody commented on my concern about going to a different branch for a transaction.

[quote name='sm04as']No, once I returned the games I discarded the $15 coupon. I've already read on the 1st page about how each coupon is connected to your SYWR card. I understand once you return the games it it's not allowed and I respect that.

I paid with cash and my own gift cards the first time around and the second time around. The loose disc was THE issue of my return.

The $15 gaming coupon I used today was the 2nd one (after the repurchase). I guess I wasn't too clear, everybody jumped to their own conclusion and nobody commented on my concern about going to a different branch for a transaction.[/QUOTE]

i dont understand where they're wrong... it sounds like you're saying you bought the games, got a coupon. returned the games because of the loose disc, discarded the old coupon but got a new one (since it was still during the week). now you're tryin to return said games and use the 2nd coupon that printed?

and i'm not sure about the diff locations thing. I don't think kmart can do that because of inventory, like some stores can do that (like gamestop) but not all stores employ that type of policy

Best Buy did win Black Friday in gaming but a lot of that hinged on a coupon that you only get through a $15/year subscription. I ended up not getting anything from them on BF due to a.) not being aware that the sale went live online so early b.) not wanting to set foot in a store on BF when I knew Amazon would at least come close on things I was interested in since I didn't have the coupon.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I went into Best Buy to purchase a game. It's been almost all Kmart for me as far as B&M goes except for a time or two when they didn't carry the game I wanted/didn't have it out. I expect that trend to continue in 2012.

K-Mart's gotten like $400 of my business thanks to this thread and the coupon deals. I grabbed a 3DS, SM3DL, Zelda, and Mario Kart 7 there. All of which would have otherwise gone to Best Buy or Amazon. And since I still have $20 in coupons, I'll be heading back! :D

I just wanted to ask something i know its prolly been answered but if you buy Mario Kart 7 do you get the 15 dollar coupon on top the the mario coupon.

[quote name='Midnight Express']Kmart will freak out if you try to return / exchange an item from a different store. I tried one time and was told I needed to do it at the store I bought it at.[/QUOTE]

I do it all the time at my nearest story. You must've just gotten a bad CSR.

[quote name='salty tbone']I do it all the time at my nearest story. You must've just gotten a bad CSR.[/QUOTE]

It's probably one of those rules that the store manager makes up so his numbers don't get dinged. Meanwhile, it's completely contrary to the corporate mandated exchange policy.

[quote name='confoosious']It's probably one of those rules that the store manager makes up so his numbers don't get dinged. Meanwhile, it's completely contrary to the corporate mandated exchange policy.[/QUOTE]

What? Middle management making up rules? No way! ;)

[quote name='GBAstar']Still discussing coupon T&C and return policies. I see not much has changed in the last few months.[/QUOTE]

Oh, snap. You so sassy.

"Our December this year is not nearly as good as it was LY (including BF)."

Weren't there way better games released last year? I've only used 1 coupon this year w/ Zelda (would have been 2 had Kirby been available), last year was 5 or 6, seemed like every week for Nov. and Dec. My Christmas tree had about 7 or 8 games under it. This year - 1 (Kirby). Well it may be more if we buy a 3DS or 2 in the next few days. This year had some good deals way back when in Oct. - Batman:AC and R&C:AiO - but last year just seemed like a banner year for games.

[quote name='rjejr']"Our December this year is not nearly as good as it was LY (including BF)."

Weren't there way better games released last year? I've only used 1 coupon this year w/ Zelda (would have been 2 had Kirby been available), last year was 5 or 6, seemed like every week for Nov. and Dec. My Christmas tree had about 7 or 8 games under it. This year - 1 (Kirby). Well it may be more if we buy a 3DS or 2 in the next few days. This year had some good deals way back when in Oct. - Batman:AC and R&C:AiO - but last year just seemed like a banner year for games.[/QUOTE]

Similar situation.

Plus, it is now 12/8 and I have coupons to burn before the end of the year, but seemingly nothing to burn them on.

Most of what appears to have been released is future bargain bin fodder and none of the prices/sales seem to match what I want/need. Bah.

[quote name='rjejr']"Our December this year is not nearly as good as it was LY (including BF)."

Weren't there way better games released last year? I've only used 1 coupon this year w/ Zelda (would have been 2 had Kirby been available), last year was 5 or 6, seemed like every week for Nov. and Dec. My Christmas tree had about 7 or 8 games under it. This year - 1 (Kirby). Well it may be more if we buy a 3DS or 2 in the next few days. This year had some good deals way back when in Oct. - Batman:AC and R&C:AiO - but last year just seemed like a banner year for games.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to go back and remind myself about what came out the last few months of last year, but I can't imagine it being better than this year. I guess it all comes down to taste and what you enjoy playing, but when I realize that the last quarter of this year alone has brought us Gears 3, Batman:AC, Forza 4, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Zelda:SS, SM3D Land, Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, NBA 2K12, Rayman, etc. then I think that's pretty darn good.

Again, I realize that not all those games are for everyone and I haven't played them all myself, but judging by the consensus as far as what those games seek to accomplish they seem to all be done well.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I'll have to go back and remind myself about what came out the last few months of last year, but I can't imagine it being better than this year. I guess it all comes down to taste and what you enjoy playing, but when I realize that the last quarter of this year alone has brought us Gears 3, Batman:AC, Forza 4, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Zelda:SS, SM3D Land, Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, NBA 2K12, Rayman, etc. then I think that's pretty darn good.

Again, I realize that not all those games are for everyone and I haven't played them all myself, but judging by the consensus as far as what those games seek to accomplish they seem to all be done well.[/QUOTE]

Going to nitpick here:
Gears 3 came out in Q3

Dark Souls is a niche title. Many games you listed have an "annual" release (COD, NBA 2K, etc.)

The 3DS is still not selling the way people would like.

I think last year was helped by a fairly successful launch by both PS3 and Xbox of their motion controls as even if not released during Q4. There are few large DS launches this year to cover any from last year and sales for the 3DS are not where they need to be to sell through that many 3DS games.

Not disagreeing, there are some good/great games this year (and last), just by dollars spent it seems like after the initial list, the herd is pretty thin and filled with shovelware that no one wants.

[quote name='KingofGames']I have a coupon in my wallet for $15 off the was valid from 11/13-11/23. Is that accurate? A 10-day coupon?[/QUOTE]

For that promotion yes. That was much discussed and was an exception to the rule due to not being able to have the coupons eligible for Black Friday. Normally they are good for 42 days starting on the Sunday after you get it.

I'll probably regret this but if you are interested to see if your store will get the Star Wars Old Republic CE you can email me. It's not going to all stores but there some solid shipments out there (NY stores will each be getting more than 25 each...finally have a good dose for the stores at Penn Station and Astor Place).

Quick and easy transaction @ store 3435. Picked up Mario Kart, saw they now have 3ds point cards so grabbed one too.

Used up my $20cpn from Zelda and a $5off cpn that Kmart sent because of my birthday. Out-a-pocket total was $37.xx for the game and point card. Plus, i got the $15 cpn from the MK purchase:bouncy:

Thanks for deal SHC. Now what to buy with the new coupon.

Not sure if posted the week of the 18th Saints Row 3 will be $44.99 and Skyrim will be $49.99 I was hoping for a better deal for both :/

[quote name='MasterX']Not sure if posted the week of the 18th Saints Row 3 will be $44.99 and Skyrim will be $49.99 I was hoping for a better deal for both :/[/QUOTE]

do you by any chance know the price of Rayman Origins? Hopefully it's $39.99 and not $44.99..

i wish kmart had better deals this holiday..

[quote name='Sex']do you by any chance know the price of Rayman Origins? Hopefully it's $39.99 and not $44.99..
[/QUOTE]
Rayman Origins is also $44.99.

OP updated with every game on sale in the SYWR preview.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LouieT']Rayman Origins is also $44.99.

OP updated with every game on sale in the SYWR preview.[/QUOTE]

Rayman is worth every penny at regular price so 15 off is great. I am as cheap as they come but I have not enjoyed a game purchased near full retail in a long time. The game is one of the top 5 platformers in my opinion. My wife never plays games with our children and myself, and she was playing co-op (3-4) and having a blast. One of the best couch co-op I have ever played! I couldn't recommend this title enough. Shoot, our three year old even picks up the controller and plays a little. The art style, gameplay, and music is freaking french toast!

I would also like to see Rayman do well so we don't have to wait another decade to get such an awesome platformer such as this. I hate to see games like this get ignored when it exudes so much more creativity and hardwork than some of the major titles that had been released this year.

Ok, I am done.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Going to nitpick here:
Gears 3 came out in Q3

Dark Souls is a niche title. Many games you listed have an "annual" release (COD, NBA 2K, etc.)

The 3DS is still not selling the way people would like.

I think last year was helped by a fairly successful launch by both PS3 and Xbox of their motion controls as even if not released during Q4. There are few large DS launches this year to cover any from last year and sales for the 3DS are not where they need to be to sell through that many 3DS games.

Not disagreeing, there are some good/great games this year (and last), just by dollars spent it seems like after the initial list, the herd is pretty thin and filled with shovelware that no one wants.[/QUOTE]

Agreed with you on the first two points, although I feel like this Q4 has been the best in a long time in terms of new releases by far.

You lost me though on the 3ds. Yes it wasn't selling good at all when it first came out at the high price point, but now it's already surpassed the original DS and that was even before any holiday sales. It's the fastest selling handheld ever now, so I really don't think anyone could say the 3ds isn't selling like people expected. After we see the numbers from Nintendo, it's going to be safe to say that the 3ds destroyed sales numbers of previous generations. As for 3ds games, while there might not be many stand out titles, Mario is also now the fastest selling handheld Mario game ever. It's safe to say the 3ds is doing just fine.

[quote name='adamical']What's this Rayman Origins with artbook business about? Is that a special SKU?[/QUOTE]
I think it's the Amazon copy, it comes with an art book. I don't think K-mart's copy comes with anything besides the game.

Sorry, spoke too soon, the OP has the art book, sweet! WEEK OF DEC18TH...

:ps3: Rayman Origins with artbook $44.99

[quote name='TheFirst109']Agreed with you on the first two points, although I feel like this Q4 has been the best in a long time in terms of new releases by far.

You lost me though on the 3ds. Yes it wasn't selling good at all when it first came out at the high price point, but now it's already surpassed the original DS and that was even before any holiday sales. It's the fastest selling handheld ever now, so I really don't think anyone could say the 3ds isn't selling like people expected. After we see the numbers from Nintendo, it's going to be safe to say that the 3ds destroyed sales numbers of previous generations. As for 3ds games, while there might not be many stand out titles, Mario is also now the fastest selling handheld Mario game ever. It's safe to say the 3ds is doing just fine.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I have purchased more titles than typical this year and so many of them are awesome. The last 2 months or so I have purchased a game on every system and handheld I own. That and the 3ds has been selling like crazy this last month or two. Since Mario launched the handheld has been selling out at stores. 3ds is doing fine like you said. I would love to see a new zelda that is the top down view like the snes zelda (forgot the title). That zelda is probably my favorite of all time.

[quote name='MfMonster']Rayman is worth every penny at regular price so 15 off is great. I am as cheap as they come but I have not enjoyed a game purchased near full retail in a long time. The game is one of the top 5 platformers in my opinion. My wife never plays games with our children and myself, and she was playing co-op (3-4) and having a blast. One of the best couch co-op I have ever played! I couldn't recommend this title enough. Shoot, our three year old even picks up the controller and plays a little. The art style, gameplay, and music is freaking french toast!

I would also like to see Rayman do well so we don't have to wait another decade to get such an awesome platformer such as this. I hate to see games like this get ignored when it exudes so much more creativity and hardwork than some of the major titles that had been released this year.

Ok, I am done.[/QUOTE]

How is this game going solo? I imagine it's not nearly as fun as co-op. :(

But wow, that week there are certainly some good deals to be had. I'm undecided on NBA 2k12...

[quote name='Serpentor']I think it's the Amazon copy, it comes with an art book. I don't think K-mart's copy comes with anything besides the game.

Sorry, spoke too soon, the OP has the art book, sweet! WEEK OF DEC18TH...

:ps3: Rayman Origins with artbook $44.99[/QUOTE]

Something tells me that most Kmarts won't have the artbooks available. I know when I went there they only had the game on shelf, no artbook in sight. Would they really stock up on artbooks?

http://www.shoptonews.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/rayman_collectorsedition.jpg

I'm guessing it's that book on the left. that's going to be difficult to work out.. maybe josh can confirm?

Yeah I doubt the artbook will be included. Keep in mind that Josh mostly relies on others to update the OP now so he didn't put that in there. Whoever did probably just cut and paste from somewhere else unless the ad specifically states that it will be there (which again, I highly doubt).

[quote name='Sex']How is this game going solo? I imagine it's not nearly as fun as co-op. :(

But wow, that week there are certainly some good deals to be had. I'm undecided on NBA 2k12...[/QUOTE]

Well, it is a blast in co-op. BUT I love playing it single player. I play single to try and beat times, collect cages, speed trials, complete the medallions, etc. I have equally as much fun playing it single player.

Okay, so back to my original thought... The Rayman + artbook is from Amazon, OP needs to be updated.

I know K-mart's Enslaved have the little comic book inside the game case and Amazon's don't. I remember this specifically because I tried to trade in my copy from Kmart and Amazon didn't take it, the reason being UPC is different.

Rayman's artbook is not enclosed in the game case, so either K-marts have them at the cashier's counter or bundled with the game.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yeah I doubt the artbook will be included. Keep in mind that Josh mostly relies on others to update the OP now so he didn't put that in there. Whoever did probably just cut and paste from somewhere else unless the ad specifically states that it will be there (which again, I highly doubt).[/QUOTE]

Here is a screenshot of the listing on the SYWR preview:
OAvV5.png

It's kind of odd for Kmart to say that it has the artbook, while Amazon's listing says the artbook is an Amazon exclusive. :???: More conflicting info.

I'll edit the artbook part in the OP.

I didn't realize Rayman was an Ubisoft game. I was considering using my $20 credit from Zelda, but being that it's an Ubi game, it'll be less than $45 everywhere by January.

Bought a 320 GB Uncharted Bundle with free NFS: The Run. Wanted to get it at Best Buy since I have some credit there, but it didn't look like they would have an equal deal. I got lucky, too. I went in last night to check the stock, and there were 2 PS3 bundles and 1 The Run left. I came back this morning, and one bundle was gone but the NFS remained. I asked the guy and apparently, some dude bought the bundle without knowing about the deal and missed out on NFS for free. Worked for me, so no complaining. I'll leave the box closed until i see best Buys ad for next week. But I doubt anything better comes along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back