KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DPsycho']The line that divides a major release from a middle tier one is entirely subjective, though. As long as a game has a good amount of buzz and anticipation from consumers leading to its release, it's a prime candidate for a coupon. How well a game did as viewed after the fact isn't a possible consideration.[/QUOTE]
On a related note, would enacting a poll system be helpful in anyway? Like, figuring out what the customers potentially want, and using that information to decide how to allocate the deals.

anyone know if that awards card is still valid? i understand that it was for last week (til the 9th) but it does seem to be similar to a gift card. just wondering, went for some anticipated clearance games and the 15 coupon anyway, so the card was just a bit extra. thanks guys :)

Another SYWR ad preview popped up on kmart.com, for the days of Wednesday the 21st through the 24th.

2 coupon offers are shown:

:360: Get a $100 coupon from buying the 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect bundle.

Get a $15 coupon from buying "a featured game purchase". There is no other details on which games will count as a "featured game purchase"
Both coupons valid from 12/25/2011 to 2/4/2012

I wonder if the $15 coupon offer stacks with the games discounted on the same week.

Are there any plays for Lego HP Years 5-7 on XBox/PS3 planned in the next couple weeks? I'd like to use my MK7 coupon on that but if there's no sales on it before the coupon expires, I'll just get some MS points

[quote name='SPVietBoy']anyone know if that awards card is still valid? i understand that it was for last week (til the 9th) but it does seem to be similar to a gift card. just wondering, went for some anticipated clearance games and the 15 coupon anyway, so the card was just a bit extra. thanks guys :)[/QUOTE]

Probably no one here will know for sure, but I doubt they could fault you for trying and claiming ignorance should it not work. In many states, it's illegal to put an expiration date on a gift card, which this promotion resembled.

[quote name='DPsycho']Probably no one here will know for sure, but I doubt they could fault you for trying and claiming ignorance should it not work. In many states, it's illegal to put an expiration date on a gift card, which this promotion resembled.[/QUOTE]

yea, wasn't sure if anyone had tried it yet. if that 100 coupon louiet posted is true, i'll try it then. if not, no big loss

hopefully Fortune Street is one of those featured titles ;)

I want it with a small discount or coupon at least!

I have a quick question: If I were to spend a gaming coupon on a game and then decide I don't want it and return it (unopened), would KMart just give me a giftcard? I saw in the first post that there has been some fraudulent actions taken by some customers (don't know what that is). I obviously don't have any intentions of doing that; I just want to ask if I can get a giftcard for the return. I don't want to lose the coupon amount and I don't need it back in cash.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I have a quick question: If I were to spend a gaming coupon on a game and then decide I don't want it and return it (unopened), would KMart just give me a giftcard? I saw in the first post that there has been some fraudulent actions taken by some customers (don't know what that is). I obviously don't have any intentions of doing that; I just want to ask if I can get a giftcard for the return. I don't want to lose the coupon amount and I don't need it back in cash.[/QUOTE]No retailer would give you a gift card or a credit for the used value of a coupon. You'd get just the money you paid for the item you are returning.

coupons have no cash value at any store. While the kmart coupons are certainly used more like gift cards, they are not gift cards and do not carry a value on their own.

When you return an item the coupon deduction is not returned to you, unfortunately. Some stores will allow you to exchange but it is a case-by-case basis.

[quote name='DPsycho']The line that divides a major release from a middle tier one is entirely subjective, though. As long as a game has a good amount of buzz and anticipation from consumers leading to its release, it's a prime candidate for a coupon. How well a game did as viewed after the fact isn't a possible consideration.[/QUOTE]
Obviously you can't predict 100% how a game will do but anyone could tell you something like SotD is not going to sell while GTA, Mass Effect, Bioshock and "AAA" titles like that will sell.

[quote name='confoosious']I don't know this firsthand, but I suspect putting a deal on for Shadows of the damned or Alice was necessary to get the other deals.[/QUOTE] Probably, which sucks if Josh is limited in what he can do next year.

[quote name='sadboy']On a related note, would enacting a poll system be helpful in anyway? Like, figuring out what the customers potentially want, and using that information to decide how to allocate the deals.[/QUOTE] I'd like that if possible. I vote for Dishonored and The Last Of Us.

Does anyone know if Kmart has the 160gb Harry Potter PS3 bundles and if so if the $50 rewards coupon would be issued if I bought it?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Any way to focus on only the major releases next year if necessary? Having a good coupon on games like Shadows Of The Damned or Alice is great and all, but if you can't get the funding can the deals be saved for just the major releases with any other deals you can come up with in between?

Granted though for the middle tier type games like those with no coupon at all I dont see a reason to get them at Kmart over anywhere else if there's no deal with them. Frankly I just don't think games like that should ever be $60 to begin with. Most just aren't worth buying for that price.[/QUOTE]
I'm trying to look at it a bit like that, make the biggest bigger but at the same time I like our breadth of offers the way it is, I just don't know how to figure it out just yet. Hopefully I can soon, it's a busy Q1!

[quote name='confoosious']I don't know this firsthand, but I suspect putting a deal on for Shadows of the damned or Alice was necessary to get the other deals.[/QUOTE]
It was definitely necessary to bring up the sales forecast to be able to support those titles at all and based on the publisher relationship I needed to bring them in.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It was definitely necessary to bring up the sales forecast to be able to support those titles at all and based on the publisher relationship I needed to bring them in.[/QUOTE]

I know how EA works. :lol:

What is SHC stock boys email? Wanted to email him to see if my kmart is getting The Old Republic CE but cant find his email..... looked on the first page.... maybe im just blind.

anyone know the return policy for games with the 5 dollar gc and 15 dollar gaming coupon like a week ago? i didnt open saints row 3 yet and best buy has it for 30 bucks i might just refund it. i used a 20 dollar gift card on it btw.

[quote name='NLMagic']What is SHC stock boys email? Wanted to email him to see if my kmart is getting The Old Republic CE but cant find his email..... looked on the first page.... maybe im just blind.[/QUOTE]

It's actually buried pretty good but I finally found it...

[email protected]

How are the X12 for the xbox? I have my 15 from Mario Kart and 25 GC just came in. Always have issues with the headset that came with my xbox and the wireless doesn't work that great either.

[quote name='rs600cubed']Does anyone know if Kmart has the 160gb Harry Potter PS3 bundles and if so if the $50 rewards coupon would be issued if I bought it?[/QUOTE]

Anyone? The closest one to me is quite a haul so I'd like any insight if anyone knows before I waste the trip.

[quote name='Marauder7']How are the X12 for the xbox? I have my 15 from Mario Kart and 25 GC just came in. Always have issues with the headset that came with my xbox and the wireless doesn't work that great either.[/QUOTE]
Love mine. If your 360 is hooked up via HDMI, you'll need an audio adapter if you're planning to get the audio direct from the 360, but other than that, they're fantastic.
Great audio quality, plenty of volume adjustment options, bass boost, REALLY long cord.

Only cons I can think of are that the mic monitor is REALLY quiet and doesn't really help out at all and that otherwise the mic might be a bit TOO sensitive. When playing games with friends, I pretty much have to mute the TV and keep all the audio in the headset or the mic would pick it up.
I picked mine up for $45 when Kmart first got them in and had them on sale and I am very happy with my purchase. Quality for price is awesome.

[quote name='o_O']Did K-mart ever get any 3DS point cards? Pushmo seems interesting.[/QUOTE]
Yup. They carry them. Mine has them in stock.

[quote name='o_O']Did K-mart ever get any 3DS point cards? Pushmo seems interesting.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure I saw them at mine as well, yes.

[quote name='op']Kirby Mass Attack $19.99 Professor Layton and the Last Specter $19.99[/quote] Looks like I've found what to use my $15 gaming coupon from Mario Kart on

SI

I picked one up when I grabbed Mario Kart 7.

And Pushmo is pretty cool. It's a puzzler with some basic platforming skills mixed in.

[quote name='sterlingice']Looks like I've found what to use my $15 gaming coupon from Mario Kart on

SI[/QUOTE]

Is that the new price at K-mart? Weekly sale? I used $20 coupon on Kirby at $29.99, but will get Prof. Layton for cash at that price.

I'm wondering if that L.A. Noire on sale next week is for the complete edition. It's $21 right now on Amazon, but I'll wait if I can get it with all the DLC for a few bucks more.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Is that the new price at K-mart? Weekly sale? I used $20 coupon on Kirby at $29.99, but will get Prof. Layton for cash at that price.[/QUOTE]

Judging from the OP, it appears to be part of a holiday sale valid 12/21-12/24.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Love mine. If your 360 is hooked up via HDMI, you'll need an audio adapter if you're planning to get the audio direct from the 360, but other than that, they're fantastic.
[/QUOTE]

How much is the adapter?

Awesome. Next week they are giving out a $15 coupon with MW3. Was gonna buy it today with my $50 coupon from the Wii, but now will hold off. So i pay 10 bucks and get back a $15 coupon. God Bless America!

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Love mine. If your 360 is hooked up via HDMI, you'll need an audio adapter if you're planning to get the audio direct from the 360, but other than that, they're fantastic.
Great audio quality, plenty of volume adjustment options, bass boost, REALLY long cord.
[/QUOTE]

Also note that you can take the sound from your TV, either via headphone jack or RCA out. If the sound out from your TV is controlled by the TV volume controls (yes at least in the case of a headphone jack), then just be sure to turn the volume all the way up. Otherwise you're going to be trying to amplify a low volume level and you'll get a lot of hiss. Just crank the volume all the way up and control the volume with the headset volume control. Also, if you ever use it without the headset plugged in... be sure to turn the volume back down. LOL. :) Or you can avoid that issue by getting one of the Xbox audio adapters and taking the sound directly from the xbox.

[quote name='DPsycho']Pretty sure I saw them at mine as well, yes.[/QUOTE]

And to make sure, do the coupons work on them? I know they work on XBLA points and PSN cards, but Nintendo doing things different never surprises me.

EDIT: Talking about the 3DS points cards since that bit was lost in the quote

[quote name='SuperMario64']I wonder what the featured games are gonna be...[/QUOTE]I'm hoping for Rayman Origins--I would love to be able to get it for $24.99 (after my $20 LoZ:SS coupon) and get a $15 coupon back. \\:D/

[quote name='SuperMario64']I wonder what the featured games are gonna be...[/QUOTE]

In the ad, the only games pictured under the banner "Featured Games" are the Star Wars PC game and Modern Warfare 3. They both come with a $15 coupon

[quote name='confoosious']I know how EA works. :lol:[/QUOTE]
To be fair, that's probably how most major publishers work. I can't remember for certain, but I seem to recall it being the case that Kmart had to carry Ubisoft's Rocksmith to get support for deals on other games too. It's not hard to understand why pubs do it, because who would really stock Rocksmith without being forced to? :lol:

It'll be interesting to see how things shake out next year. Hope the online side gets up and running, I've been very intrigued by the ideas behind that. I'm still hopeful it would resolve the stocking situation for PC/niche games, as a lot of purchases were lost when I couldn't pick up the PC version from Kmart.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']To be fair, that's probably how most major publishers work. I can't remember for certain, but I seem to recall it being the case that Kmart had to carry Ubisoft's Rocksmith to get support for deals on other games too. It's not hard to understand why pubs do it, because who would really stock Rocksmith without being forced to? :lol:

It'll be interesting to see how things shake out next year. Hope the online side gets up and running, I've been very intrigued by the ideas behind that. I'm still hopeful it would resolve the stocking situation for PC/niche games, as a lot of purchases were lost when I couldn't pick up the PC version from Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, having to carry shit you don't want in order to get the stuff you do is practically in every industry.

Rocksmith is awesome though.

[quote name='Marauder7']How much is the adapter?[/QUOTE]
Honestly don't know. I had an old third party a/v hookup cable and saw some makeshift way online by placing tape over two contacts and having it work without resetting your system when changing inputs on your TV.
If you don't plan on changing inputs on your TV and want a workaround, just pick up any a/v cable and plug that and the HDMI in together and run the headphones through the a/v cable. But again, if it resets your system when you switch inputs on your TV, you might want to look into an official cable or a cable that works with the do it yourself workaround.

[quote name='Serpentor']I remember it was posted as $39.99, what happened ? :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
AFAIK, it was never posted in this thread as $40. TRU next week is selling it for $40 though.

Sorry, but Best Buy is killing your deals. Maybe you should match their outlet prices on the price drops of older games.

I was all set to end my Christmas shopping on Sunday based on the fliers. Looks like I gotta wait until Wed. now. That's pushing it close, especially since the last 2 games I TRIED to buy at Kmart - Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Pokemon Rumble Blast - were both out of stock on multiple trips. I know they had Kirby Mass Attack at some point. I have that $20 Zelda coupon which expires the 31st so I guess next Wed. is a good a day as any. Now to come up with something that's 1c. I don't want the ACDC song pack. Maybe a $5 3DS stylus.

[quote name='spedmunki']Sorry, but Best Buy is killing your deals. Maybe you should match their outlet prices on the price drops of older games.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity which deals are you talking about? Their print circular this weeek wasn't especially hot with $10 off on EA sports games which we already did at $20 off last week.

Talking about their outlet center deals which are featuring many of the games I see piled in stacks collecting dust at my local Kmart.

[quote name='spedmunki']Talking about their outlet center deals which are featuring many of the games I see piled in stacks collecting dust at my local Kmart.[/QUOTE]

So just buy them at Best Buy. It's not hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back