KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']So just buy them at Best Buy. It's not hard.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not hard to do... The problem is how to get rid of the last $20 coupon that's expiring at the end of this month. The bargain games are fulfilled by Best Buy's Outlet sale, so there's goes that. The newer releases are cheaper elsewhere (like TRU's $39.99 Rayman in the same week). I know you can get Rayman for $25 after the $20 coupon, but let's not forget the $20 coupon itself is not free, so you're losing out more than just $5 comparing to TRU's $39.99. There are no discounts/sales whatsoever for the lesser known titles like Eye Pet 2, Phineas and Ferb... Next week is just lame and this week.

[quote name='Serpentor']No, it's not hard to do... The problem is how to get rid of the last $20 coupon that's expiring at the end of this month. [/QUOTE]Buy a point card? Or does Best Buy have a better deal on those as well?

Oh man, I still have my $20 coupon from WWE '12 to use. I hope it didn't expire. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing 2012 on the date, so I should be good.

I lost my coupon, but I still have the digital receipt. I can just print that out and I'm set, right?

[quote name='Killbomb']The only daily deal that has stood out to me was SR3 for $30. As for the outlet sales, if you're not online when they go live, you can pretty much forget about getting anything worthwhile.[/QUOTE]
A few others that stood out...
7.99 Kirby Epic Yarn
7.99 Bulletstorm
4.99 Duke Nukem
19.99 Disneyland Adventures

[quote name='lordopus99']A few others that stood out...
7.99 Kirby Epic Yarn
7.99 Bulletstorm
4.99 Duke Nukem
19.99 Disneyland Adventures[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot about Kirby/Flingsmash. Had no interest in either one but it was a nice deal. I've still only bought one thing that I can think of from Best Buy this year due to Kmart/Amazon/Green Man Gaming having good deals during release week...something Best Buy RARELY does.

Yea, I also received great deals at Kmart this year. On the day, they were released. I got every major release for under $40. Can't say I seen deals that good any where else.

Anyone get the email about points being worth 5 times the base, till Christmas. I just spent $15 in SYWR Points last week. It could have been $75!!! Maybe I read it wrong?

[quote name='cardsharkrob']I thought the email meant that you get 5x the points for things you buy[/QUOTE]

yep... 5 x the standard amount. so instead of 10 per $1, you get 50 per $1... OR

5% back instead of the 1%.

SWYR is only good when you can jump on these bonus point deals... since $1 back in cash is like 1000 points.

SWYR points are good for small purchases. I ended up getting Splatterhouse on Black Friday for $3.xx because of some leftover points I had.

[quote name='xycury']yep... 5 x the standard amount. so instead of 10 per $1, you get 50 per $1... OR

5% back instead of the 1%.

SWYR is only good when you can jump on these bonus point deals... since $1 back in cash is like 1000 points.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? My email says "Your $X.XX in ponits are worth 5x more when you redeem through 12/31/11" Makes me think my point balance is worth 5x more if I use it by December 31, not that I'll get 5x more points for purchases between now and December 31.

[quote name='dchrisd']Are you sure? My email says "Your $X.XX in ponits are worth 5x more when you redeem through 12/31/11" Makes me think my point balance is worth 5x more if I use it by December 31, not that I'll get 5x more points for purchases between now and December 31.[/QUOTE]

I got this e-mail as well and interpreted it the same way, though it is not very clear in the email whether you can redeem the points on anything or just certain purchases. Also, there must be some kind of cut off for offering this deal. I only have 1.43 left after clearing out my balance during the buy 1 get 1 half off a month ago. I highly doubt they'd extend the same offer if I had a balance of 10+ like I did before. Anyway, this would make the Rayman deal all the more sweet next week if my points are in fact worth 5x as much. It says "bonus offer only applies to name and number in this e-mail" so they probably targeted select people with low balances.

[quote name='dchrisd']Are you sure? My email says "Your $X.XX in ponits are worth 5x more when you redeem through 12/31/11" Makes me think my point balance is worth 5x more if I use it by December 31, not that I'll get 5x more points for purchases between now and December 31.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually confused by the email. It almost seems to be saying you'll get 5x bonus points when you use your current points on a purchase?

Hi everyone,

Quick question. I have several of those $5 promo Kmart Gift Cards that were given out a few weeks ago for spending more then $50 in a single transaction.

The gift card says it is not valid until 12/05 but I don't see an expiration date. I don't want to not use them and have them expire so I was wondering if anyone knew anymore details about this gift card?

Thanks

Has anyone seen DS Lites at their local Kmart? My brother nonchalantly told me that he wouldn't mind getting one for Christmas to play older DS and GBA games, but I'm having difficulty finding new ones anywhere. Of course, what should I expect given how old the thing is?

[quote name='adamical']I'm actually confused by the email. It almost seems to be saying you'll get 5x bonus points when you use your current points on a purchase?[/QUOTE]

This is what it's going to do. 5x your points when you spend points.

Kmart in no way will give you 5x $$ for no friggin reason

[quote name='xycury']This is what it's going to do. 5x your points when you spend points.

Kmart in no way will give you 5x $$ for no friggin reason[/QUOTE]

so if i have $20 in points, I get 5x more points?

Or more likely $20 worth of points = 20 cents in points gained = $1 in extra points.

But it specifically says "your points are worth 5x more when you redeem through 12/31/2011" not "earn 5x more points..."

Some clarification on this would be appreciated, otherwise I'll just give it a try on Sunday when I go to pickup Rayman.

[quote name='confoosious']so if i have $20 in points, I get 5x more points?

Or more likely $20 worth of points = 20 cents in points gained = $1 in extra points.[/QUOTE]

which is why I believe there is likely a threshold for receiving this e-mail. Something like having $2.00 or less in SYWR. It specifies that the bonus only applies to the name and member number in the e-mail so it's probably not a universal thing for all members.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Anyone see THIS STORY about anonymous donors paying off Kmart layaway accounts of struggling families? My first thought was, "These generous people definitely aren't Slickdealers." :D[/QUOTE]

Nice story. I wonder if I should do it next time I'm at kmart.

Pick out a nice KIDS video game.

I sure saved a lot of money this year going to Kmart. It's time methinks to pay a little back.

I just got my kmart weekly ad for next week.

Receive a $40 gaming coupon with the purchase of a Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS, or xbox 360 4GB with Kinect bundle. coupon valid 12/25/2011 through 2/4/2012.

Xbox 360 kinect on sale for $100. Also buy one get one 50% off on kinect games (Only black eye peas experience, just dance 3, michael jackson experience, and rabbids alive & kicking to choose from)

$15 gaming coupon with star wars old republic for PC or modern warfare 3 xbox 360/PS3. Both cost $59.99.

[quote name='crookshow']But it specifically says "your points are worth 5x more when you redeem through 12/31/2011" not "earn 5x more points..."

Some clarification on this would be appreciated, otherwise I'll just give it a try on Sunday when I go to pickup Rayman.

which is why I believe there is likely a threshold for receiving this e-mail. Something like having $2.00 or less in SYWR. It specifies that the bonus only applies to the name and member number in the e-mail so it's probably not a universal thing for all members.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I only have like $2.00 in my account. I cashed out awhile back.

I got the 5x email, and I have over $11 in points stored up.

The exact wording is "Earn 5X Points on purchases when you redeem your Points" which I interpreted as the base points earned being multiplied by 5. I don't see anything suggesting that it affects the value of the points I already have. (How would that work, anyway? Would asking them to use 1000 points reduce the amount by $5, or by $1 but only actually subtracting 200 points? There's no sensible way to implement something like that; it would be a systematic nightmare.)

The only thing that I found unclear from the email was whether you have to use ALL or ANY points to trigger earning 5x. Could I spend 10 points to reduce the total by one penny and get it to trigger for the remaining XX.XX-.01? If so, that would seem to be the way to maximize gains.

"Earn 5X Points on purchases when you redeem your Points" is the title of the email. Within images of the email itself is written "Earn 5x Points* on qualifying purchases thru 12/31/11 every time you redeem your current Points" At the bottom it clarifies: *Bonus offer only applies to member name and number listed on this email" so it's not a universal promotion.

So to answer my own question, it looks like you probably can trigger it multiple times by only using a small amount of them. It also seems to suggest that you can't earn it by spending points after using up the amount you had at the start of the promotion, so emptying out your points and then spending the new 5x points on another purchase won't trigger it again.

Updated the console release list:

Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases:

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection?

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Devil May Cry HD Collection, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Binary Domain, Fallout New Vegas UE, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations, Inversion.

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, SSX, Twisted Metal, Brothers in Arms: Furious Four?, Grand Slam Tennis 2?, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only)

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour, XCom?,

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only)

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Currently standing in a Kmart to use up my coupon from Lord of the Rings: War in the North.

Gotta say, I'm done with Kmart, no matter what coupon deal comes next year.

I've literally been standing here 45 minutes so far to check out.

First, we got here and waited 25 minutes while the electronics guy helped some dumbass that won't shut up. Then after that 25 minutes, the guy walks off. I press the button for help as he was walking off, and no one came before it TIMED OUT.

I press the button again, and see the electronic guy helping someone else out.

This is life the 30 minute mark already. So I was of course annoyed, and snide at this point, and say we've been waiting for 30 minutes. He comes to help, and as he was ringing me up, I said I want to use what points I had on my card. He scans it, and then says I can't use my gaming coupon at the same.

Do I was like, whatever, use the coupon. Then he says he can't void the points to use the coupon, and calls for a manager.

Literally 3 calls later, nothing. The security sees from the camera that no manager's shown up, and calls the manager in the intercom. Ten minutes pass, and STILL no manager. The security goes on the intercom again, and asks for the manager.

It is currently nearing the 60 minute mark, and I'm STILL standing here, with no manager.

Electronic guy's name is Daniel, the manager they're paging is Laura. Store #4290.

[quote name='DPsycho']I got the 5x email, and I have over $11 in points stored up.

The exact wording is "Earn 5X Points on purchases when you redeem your Points"[/QUOTE]

There must be different emails because mine definitely says "your points are worth 5x more when you redeem" in both the subject and body

[quote name='elessar123']He comes to help, and as he was ringing me up, I said I want to use what points I had on my card. He scans it, and then says I can't use my gaming coupon at the same.

Do I was like, whatever, use the coupon. Then he says he can't void the points to use the coupon, and calls for a manager.[/QUOTE]

While I won't defend them for your long wait times prior to purchasing, the part above was your error. You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

[quote name='elessar123']Currently standing in a Kmart to use up my coupon from Lord of the Rings: War in the North.

Gotta say, I'm done with Kmart, no matter what coupon deal comes next year.

I've literally been standing here 45 minutes so far to check out.

First, we got here and waited 25 minutes while the electronics guy helped some dumbass that won't shut up. Then after that 25 minutes, the guy walks off. I press the button for help as he was walking off, and no one came before it TIMED OUT.

I press the button again, and see the electronic guy helping someone else out.

This is life the 30 minute mark already. So I was of course annoyed, and snide at this point, and say we've been waiting for 30 minutes. He comes to help, and as he was ringing me up, I said I want to use what points I had on my card. He scans it, and then says I can't use my gaming coupon at the same.

Do I was like, whatever, use the coupon. Then he says he can't void the points to use the coupon, and calls for a manager.

Literally 3 calls later, nothing. The security sees from the camera that no manager's shown up, and calls the manager in the intercom. Ten minutes pass, and STILL no manager. The security goes on the intercom again, and asks for the manager.

It is currently nearing the 60 minute mark, and I'm STILL standing here, with no manager.

Electronic guy's name is Daniel, the manager they're paging is Laura. Store #4290.[/QUOTE]

So you're pissed that the employee was doing his job, instead of being rude to another customer to help you out? And why didn't you get his attention before he walked off, rather than just pushing the button? Are you 100% positive that whoever he was helping second wasn't there before you and asked him for his assistance as soon as he was done trying to help Mr. Talkative?

And I highly doubt that the manager is choosing to make you, specifically, wait. Of all the stories about why people hate going to K-Mart, I don't think "They were doing their job, just not with me" is actually a good reason.

And as DPsycho said... the points and coupon confusion is definitely on you. As soon as you say you want to use points, the cashier has to assume that all discounts have been applied and you're ready to pay.

I hope that didn't come across as overly critical. Just take a breath and try to relax. There are similar experiences at every retailer like K-Mart like yours every day.

[quote name='DPsycho']While I won't defend them for your long wait times prior to purchasing, the part above was your error. You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.[/QUOTE]

Someone add this to the OP!

[quote name='DPsycho']While I won't defend them for your long wait times prior to purchasing, the part above was your error. You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.[/QUOTE]

The first thing I handed him was my coupon, THEN he asked for my rewards card, at which point I asked if I could also use my points. He had the coupon before I even took out my rewards card, as I had the coupon in my hands, and my card in my wallet. So the point is moot.

Second, I can't even find anywhere where it says you have to use points after coupons, now that apparently everyone else knew.

[quote name='GPrime101']So you're pissed that the employee was doing his job, instead of being rude to another customer to help you out? And why didn't you get his attention before he walked off, rather than just pushing the button? Are you 100% positive that whoever he was helping second wasn't there before you and asked him for his assistance as soon as he was done trying to help Mr. Talkative?

And I highly doubt that the manager is choosing to make you, specifically, wait. Of all the stories about why people hate going to K-Mart, I don't think "They were doing their job, just not with me" is actually a good reason.

And as DPsycho said... the points and coupon confusion is definitely on you. As soon as you say you want to use points, the cashier has to assume that all discounts have been applied and you're ready to pay.

I hope that didn't come across as overly critical. Just take a breath and try to relax. There are similar experiences at every retailer like K-Mart like yours every day.[/QUOTE]

I was waiting in line, maybe 3 feet behind Mr. Talkative. The employee left before the guy in front of me left. I didn't think, you know, that I need to fucking ask for help when I'm next in line, especially when I've been patiently waiting for 30 minutes already.

And I'm sure that I was next, because the guy he was helping apologised for not waiting in line.

And the manager actually walked past the electronic section after being paged by him. And then around the 60 minute mark, when she actually did come, she stopped on the way to answer another call. So yes, I'm absolutely sure she kept skipping me. And they had two managers, at least. For whatever reason, one was just following the other.

Anything else?

Edit: The coupon thing went down this way. He originally said you can't use both coupon and points on the same transaction, and recommended the coupon because it's $20 versus $4.9x. But because he put the points in first, he needed a manager to void it so I don't lose the points. During the 30 minute wait for the manager, he read the coupon, and said according to the coupon, you can use points and coupons on the same transaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me get this straight. If I purchase the new Professor Layton between the 21st and the 24th, I get both the reduced price of $19.99 AND a $15 coupon? If not, which "featured games" are being referred to in the notice?

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm hoping for Rayman Origins--I would love to be able to get it for $24.99 (after my $20 LoZ:SS coupon) and get a $15 coupon back. \\:D/[/QUOTE]

Do we know what the "featured" game is yet? What is this "feature" game you guys talking about anyway...

[quote name='brentcaldwell1']Let me get this straight. If I purchase the new Professor Layton between the 21st and the 24th, I get both the reduced price of $19.99 AND a $15 coupon? If not, which "featured games" are being referred to in the notice?[/QUOTE]

no

[quote name='Serpentor']Do we know what the "featured" game is yet? What is this "feature" game you guys talking about anyway...[/QUOTE]

we do not.

Edit/ I do not.

[quote name='dchrisd']Must be different emails then. The title of mine is "Your Points are worth 5X more when you redeem now"[/QUOTE]

Talked to a SYWR... wish some people would not make this difficult.

If you got this....

Then what's going to happen is....

Use your SYWR, Points earned will then X 5 on your amount spent.

So if you have $10 in points... now you have $50. You can't break up points, and to get all, you have to spend that much.

Apparently this is only sent to a few people, by email.

fuck I hate that shit...

First post here. I bought 2 3ds systems and mario land 3ds and got two 35 dollar coupons and one 15 during that weeks promotion. One for each of my children. My Kmart had crummy selection of games so I used one of the 35s and the 15 to purchase a Udraw tablet a few weeks back. At 79.99. Now this thing is like 49.99 at Kmart and as low as 29.99 today with other retailers. The way this gamer coupons and Kmarts price match policy is I can't do any price adjustments. What a total waste of the coupons and I feel completely ripped off. Sorry just venting and pointing out an obvious flaw with this coupon system and Kmarts price matching policy in general.

[quote name='xycury']Talked to a SYWR... wish some people would not make this difficult.

If you got this....

Then what's going to happen is....

Use your SYWR, Points earned will then X 5 on your amount spent.

So if you have $10 in points... now you have $50. You can't break up points, and to get all, you have to spend that much.

Apparently this is only sent to a few people, by email.

fuck I hate that shit...[/QUOTE]...If I'm understanding this correctly, then...

Rayman Origins: $44.99 - $20 LoZ:SS coupon - $17.20 in SYWR points (the $3.44 I currently have, quintupled) = $9.29 after tax [plus possible $15 coupon]

:hot::hot::hot:

Holy. Crap. I know what I'm doing with my SYWR points (yes, I did get that email). ;)

So I got my best friend a ps3 for Christmas from kmart today so I could get the 50 dollar coupon. Unfortunately, he wanted the 320gb but they only had the 160 but I jumped on it regardless since its the last day to receive the coupon. My question is, if he returns it in order to upgrade to the larger hard drive, will the refund be 50 dollars less than what I paid due to receiving the coupon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back