KmartGamer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
There are no coupon/gift card deals with any consoles. The thread title has not been updated yet.

I am very easy to reach on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/KmartGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views
Kmartgamer 5.0 = 7,344 replies/517,314 views
Kmartgamer 6.0 = 7,499 replies/660,632 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Rewards member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a deal posted either at KmartGamer's blog, Facebook, Twitter or in this thread.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

January 8th through the 14th:

:360::ps3: Rage $34.99

:360::ps3: Madden NFL 12 $39.99

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $44.99

:360::ps3: WWE 12 $44.99
*Get $10 off your next WWE purchase when you spend $30 or more on WWE merchandise. Redeemable for up to 4 weeks after coupon is printed.

:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99

:360: Kinect sensor $129.99

Shop Your Way Rewards:

It's a wiki, please update. This portion of the OP is for anyone who notices a SYWR offer. These offers can be very targeted (Geo, User, etc.) so anything placed needs to be validated.

Coming Soon:

All titles listed below I am working on offers for and the dates I think they are coming out.

3-23 :3ds: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Games Kmart will not be carrying:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Catherine
  • PC versions of Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim
  • Any other PC game that was also released on consoles.

Earning Coupons at Kmart:
If I buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 coupon, does that mean I won't get the "Spend $40 on games, get a $15 coupon" coupon?
Yes. As long as it's over $40 BEFORE you use a coupon, you're good.

Using Coupons at Kmart:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Once a coupon is used it is gone, it is not refunded. Also, if a game is purchased with a coupon promotion and then returned the coupon needs to be returned as well.

Please don't take this as I am saying you are being fraudulent, this is a general note to everyone as I know this has come up previously. We have a new fraud researcher that has started and already has tracked down people trying to exploit the system and will soon be facing action from us. Every transaction with a coupon it tied to a SYWR account.[/QUOTE]

The total BEFORE taxes must be over the value of the coupon. For example, if your coupon is for $20, you must buy at least $20 worth of gaming merchandise. (i.e. you cannot use a $20 coupon on one $19.99 game.)
You must present coupons before making payment, and redeeming points is a form of payment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Upcoming Jan.-March 2012 console releases: (These are all confirmed dates from publishers via press releases, but beware KMart may not carry all of these titles.)

Jan. 24- Silent Hill HD Collection

Jan. 31- FF XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, NeverDead

Feb. 7- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Darkness II, Fallout New Vegas UE, Jak and Daxter HD Collection (PS3 only), Inversion

Feb. 14- UFC Undisputed 3, Twisted Metal, Grand Slam Tennis 2, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii only), Binary Domain

Feb. 21- Syndicate, Asura's Wrath

Feb. 28- SSX, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii only)

March 6- MLB The Show 12/MLB 2K12, Mass Effect 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, Ghost Recon, Max Payne 3, Silent Hill Downpour

March 13- Mario Party 9 (Wii only on March 11), Tales of Graces f (PS3 only), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

March 20- Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3

March 27- Tiger Woods 13, Dragon's Dogma

Last edited by a moderator:
so has anyone tried getting the new sony media remote for $20? i still got the mario kart coupon and want to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what the prices are for the various PSP's that are in some form of clearance at KMart? I think my almost 3-year old PSP-2000 bought new from Amazon is getting a short in the strip that housed the home button (randomly during gameplay the system acts like the home button has been pressed) and I may be in the market for a new system. Thanks in advance.

Is King of Fighters 13 available in stores? The pick-up availability doesn't make it appear that way but it's not listed as one of the games not being carried in the OP. I've got a $20 cert I need to use this week and I would really like to get that if possible.

I have a $50 gaming coupon for kmart that must be used by jan 21. The kmart by me has a bad selection of games, either ones I have or don't want. what do you suggest I do?

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']WOOT. Ico/SotC collection is on sale for 29.99 in the ad, but when you go online it is 19.99 and available for store pickup!!!!

Just ordered one, and am waiting for pickup confirmation :)

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_...o&sLevel=0&redirectType=SKIP_LEVEL&prop17=ico[/QUOTE]

Good looking out man! Was going to use my $15 gc on this game since its on sale for $30, but I'll save that coupoun and just pay the extra $5 for in store pickup! :D

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']WOOT. Ico/SotC collection is on sale for 29.99 in the ad, but when you go online it is 19.99 and available for store pickup!!!!

Just ordered one, and am waiting for pickup confirmation :)

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_...o&sLevel=0&redirectType=SKIP_LEVEL&prop17=ico[/QUOTE]

My local Kmart had a sign for Ico/SotC collection for $19.99. I swore it was $29.99 and when I looked at the ad, it was indeed $29.99. I couldn't decide what to buy with my last $20 coupon which expires 12/31. This made it much easier. I added Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles for PSP to get the total over $20. So I'm officially off the train this year! Thanks to Josh and the SHC crew for the great deals!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just want to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and holiday season with their loved ones. I cannot thank you all enough for your kindness and support for what has been a very challenging year.

I could not be happier with what we have been able to accomplish this past year and though I wish this past month could have lived up to everything else we have done I am happy that many of you have have found such great values with us.

I dont know what next year may bring or where I will be but I can honestly say with a clear conscience and in all sincerity that I put you all first in every decision we made. If that changes at SHC, I will refuse to change.

Talk to you all later![/QUOTE]

Hey Josh. Just want to thank you for all that you do. Definitely appreciate the deals. But that last paragraph never sat well with me. And now I hear there will be a bunch of store closures.

Keep strong and hope you and Andrew make it thru OK. Best of luck man

Damn

NEW YORK -- Sears Holdings on Tuesday reported a sharp drop in holiday sales compared to a year ago, and said the results will force it to close 100 to 120 Sears and Kmart stores.

The company said the stores to be closed have yet to be identified

Maybe Sears Corp, should consider opening kmart gamer stores. Toys R Us has been opening lots of Express stores and they seem to be doing well. I wouldn't mind having a mini kmart game/electronics store, since that is all I buy from kmart anyways.

I hope my local kmart does not close down, its actually pretty well kept unlike some other kmarts I been in where the air is musty and the lighting is very dim that the moment you walk in you feel dead...

[quote name='nnthomas']http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...-Closings.html?_r=1&smid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto

RIP KMart[/QUOTE]

I have a single Kmart location in town if that one closes I think I will literally shed man tears. Arrg...

I mean I feel like people go into ours and it's definitely no longer dark and dismal people (at least in electronics) over the last year seem to have really improved. Who knows though....

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']

I dont know what next year may bring or where I will be but I can honestly say with a clear conscience and in all sincerity that I put you all first in every decision we made. If that changes at SHC, I will refuse to change.

[/QUOTE]

This statements makes me wonder if Josh knew this was coming or it was just something of random chance.

[quote name='Phenomic']
This statements makes me wonder if Josh knew this was coming or it was just something of random chance.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he had some inkling even if he didn't know the extent. After all, when sales are down, everyone in a company knows it.

This is sad news for CAG's as more competition means better prices but I'd be lying if I said I was surprised. I've had a wonderful experience in the gaming section at Kmart but at times it's tested my patience.

As a whole though I'm not sure what Kmart's plan was.. the majority of the items it sells (clothes, furniture, electronics) are cheaper quality then what Walmart carries and are usually higher priced.

That combined with a no price match policy and I just don't see the overall attraction.

Sad news though indeed

Well when you have the crappiest deals for BF, this is bound to happen...

Josh you are the lone winner at SHC....hope the awesome gaming deals continue the next year as well and also hope my store does not close down :(...

Please post the list soon...HNY to all

And meanwhile the compensation of SHC's CEO and top executives will continue to increase, presumably paid for out of whatever assets can be liquidated from the closing stores.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm sure he had some inkling even if he didn't know the extent. After all, when sales are down, everyone in a company knows it.[/QUOTE]

Agree, people see it happening. The big guys had a heck of a time this season - no way Sears, Kmart, HH Gregg, Stein Mart, etc... stood a chance.

I'm 90% sure my K-Mart will be one closing down. It's been dead for practically 10 years. Ever since our Wal-Mart moved locations and turned into a Super Wal-Mart. K-Mart's parking lot always has 20 cars max in it. It's pretty much the butt of jokes in this area. I personally love it though, thanks to this thread.

yea, really hope the online system thats been talked about for a year or more now finally gets launched otherwise I for one wont drive to find a kmart. Thats the only reason now why I even goto kmart to be honest.

[quote name='nnthomas']This is the result of all those flippers and scammers posting in here. You know who you are. RIP
:trollface
[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna blame it more on people who buy overpriced games (new, but especially used) from crappy stores like GameStop. As long as people are willing to support ridiculous prices at specialty shops, a department store like KMART is gonna lose out, even though they have amazing deals.

I'm just hoping one of the two stores I go to stays open. We'll see.

[quote name='Tsel']I'm 90% sure my K-Mart will be one closing down. It's been dead for practically 10 years. Ever since our Wal-Mart moved locations and turned into a Super Wal-Mart. K-Mart's parking lot always has 20 cars max in it. It's pretty much the butt of jokes in this area. I personally love it though, thanks to this thread.[/QUOTE]
Yep, there's a Walmart right by my Kmart. Walmart's pretty much killing all the stores near there :cry:

[quote name='SuperMario64']Yep, there's a Walmart right by my Kmart. Walmart's pretty much killing all the stores near there :cry:[/QUOTE]

In my town all we have is a kmart. Walmart bought land (that you can see kmart from) and went through the EIR, but as this is CA, there was a lawsuit filed by people who don't want walmart. I'm guessing 10 years before we see walmart here.

If our kmart closes we will have to drive at least 45 minutes just to get to something other than a supermarket.

Well it is was pretty obvious the beginning of the end was coming. I was starting to get nervous when all the sudden games with coupons in the future stopped being posted. Then all the sudden the deals started to slide to "sears" quality in the past 5 weeks. Combine that with the sudden decline in Sears reps posting in this thread and my flags started to raise. I really wouldn't be surprised if coupons are done for good now.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Well it is was pretty obvious the beginning of the end was coming. I was starting to get nervous when all the sudden games with coupons in the future stopped being posted. Then all the sudden the deals started to slide to "sears" quality in the past 5 weeks. Combine that with the sudden decline in Sears reps posting in this thread and my flags started to raise. I really wouldn't be surprised if coupons are done for good now.[/QUOTE]

God I hope not... they should really let me cash my coupons in for a Gift Card then

[quote name='cancerman1120']Ok but they have over 4,000 stores between Sears and Kmart so they are closing 2.5% of the stores. It sucks for the employees and the customers near them but RIP might be a bit of hyperbole.[/QUOTE]

But this is how it starts... I think they've done a pretty good job cleaning up their act (at least in my area) but as Walmart has proven, people will sell their soul to save 10 cents on a year's supply of butter, regardless of how bad the customer support or store in general is.

I'm guessing at least 1 of the two near me will close. WM owns this town.

[quote name='GBAstar']God I hope not... they should really let me cash my coupons in for a Gift Card then[/QUOTE]

Well I am sure the coupons out there now will still be active. Just judging from the lack of games with coupons even posted in this thread now; I must assume they will no longer be giving them with new games?

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Well I am sure the coupons out there now will still be active. Just judging from the lack of games with coupons even posted in this thread now; I must assume they will no longer be giving them with new games?[/QUOTE]

If I can't cycle the coupons I have left and the sales start falling off then the coupons I have lose a little of their value. I honestly think I"ll end up just buying PSN cards and selling them

[quote name='Vinny']But this is how it starts... I think they've done a pretty good job cleaning up their act (at least in my area) but as Walmart has proven, people will sell their soul to save 10 cents on a year's supply of butter, regardless of how bad the customer support or store in general is.

I'm guessing at least 1 of the two near me will close. WM owns this town.[/QUOTE]

I find Kmarts customer support, especially in the electronics dept (but not including the reps hard at work here), to be the worst ever. Its consistently terrible. Not even hit or miss. Of course that doesnt apply to all of them, but it affects all of them in some way unfortunately. The only reason I put up with it is because of the great deals that have been offered.

[quote name='Vinny']But this is how it starts... I think they've done a pretty good job cleaning up their act (at least in my area) but as Walmart has proven, people will sell their soul to save 10 cents on a year's supply of butter, regardless of how bad the customer support or store in general is.

I'm guessing at least 1 of the two near me will close. WM owns this town.[/QUOTE]

The reason wal mart is so popular is because of the dodge-y "banking " services they offer with check cashing and sending money orders out of the country. They consistently go threw lengths and hoops to avoid banking regulation laws to avoid the government. However the Government will get the last laugh because I read starting this year Social Security checks will no longer be available, therefore costing wal marts millions of check cashing income from illegals and those unable to have bank accounts.

I'm not surprised they have had horrible CS in most departments(including the electronics department in mine) Although the electronics dept. where I go to did get fixed, and got it's act together. The rest of it was horrible. They have almost no good deals(video games not included) Their stores look dirty/dank. The employees there don't really care. I remember going in one day to pick up a game when RDR was released. They had a box of them laying there open for the world to see on the floor out of any visible eyes that maybe wondering. All somebody had to do was pretend to tie their shoe and they could have easily stole the whole box. I've seen this lazyness through out the store. Like in the jewelery dept. They left the display cases wide open with nobody around, That maybe cause all of the jewelery was junk or they just didn't give a **** about it. Now lets talk about their clothes they sell. Half the time if you see something you like you go to get it only to find it just thrown on top of other clothes not even on a hanger.Then while you are look at the clothes odds are you see clothes randomly on the floor in the middle of the walk way. Then say you decide to purchase it you got a 50/50 chance if it is on sale to pay more than what the sale price is. then their sales are usually subpar and are easily beaten by walmart, and target. Video games not included in the subpar category, but half the time do get beaten out by amazon, walmart, target, bestbuy. But usually the video game deals at kmart are great.

With service like that would you want to go and buy anything non video game related at kmart? The only real thing going right is the effort SHC Gamer has done with the video game deals. Unfortunately one department can't save a company that is hemoraging money in other departments.

I really do feel Sorry for SHC Gamer, all of the effort he has done to get us gamers in kmart and then this happens.

[quote name='nnthomas']This is the result of all those flippers and scammers posting in here. You know who you are. RIP

:trollface
[/QUOTE]

I'm actually going to blame it on poor customer service, stores that need major renovations or just a good cleaning, poor upper management, cluttered stores, poor online presence, tough competition, aging customer base.

[quote name='Downhome']I just bought ICO/Shadow for $20 in store at my local store. WooHoo![/QUOTE]

Hope it is the same price at my local store. I'd pick up a second copy at that price. Got my first copy during the coupon sale/on release week at Kmart.

If I had the money right now...I'd get Infamous 2, God of War PSP HD, and ICO/Shadow just to help Kmart out.

Does anyone know if the Sony Headsets are discounted? I'd really like to get them at $50, but know that was just a mistake at Gamestop, so anything less than $70 would be great to get at Kmart.

I really hope my local Kmart doesn't close. The Walmart that I go to for groceries most of the time sucks where electronics are concerned. The game section is rarely restocked, they almost never have sales, and they don't do well with price drops (they still have some copies of Nascar 08 at $49.99). Which is weird, because for a brief period of time they had some great deals, but they've gotten progressively worse. I find Kmart has both better deals on games and better service.

[quote name='LordVila']I'm actually going to blame it on poor customer service, stores that need major renovations or just a good cleaning, poor upper management, cluttered stores, poor online presence, tough competition, aging customer base.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. When your in-store sales aren't even matched by your website or able to be ordered for in-store pickup through the site, then you need to wake up and change things to make it more convenient for customers.

The Kmart stores here look THE EXACT SAME as they did when I was a kid in the 80's and that's scary. The floors are a greenish grey and the walls aren't much better. The whole place looks drab and dull compared to other chains.

Not only that but while Walmart has been building one 24 hour store after another around here(4-6 within 30 miles or so), Kmart's stores still close around 9-10pm every night. Not only that but the lot for those stores give an appearance of them being closed even when they're open. The lighting in the parking lots is either mistimed and rarely comes on or just plain dull compared with other similar store chains. Of course, even when you do pull into the lot at Kmart you'd think it's closed or close because there's never any more than 5-10 cars in the whole parking lot unless it's a major holiday or shopping day.

Once you get into the store it's not much better either. The store is woefully understaffed to where finding someone to ask for assistance on an item(whether price check or whatever) is nigh impossible.

I'm not saying add a Starbucks for the 'hip' crowd to hang out in in the stores, but at least modernize your remaining stores and make them more attractive to people other than 75 year old retirees or the folks on this thread looking to use their last gaming coupon.;)

I went to my closest Kmart today to use my last $15 coupon on a PSN card and noticed the game section is barely half of what it was a month or two ago. They are not ordering any new games it seems to restock with. I swear behind all the glass the shelfs are only 1-3 games deep on each row. (you know, you usually see the front game and then there are many copies of the same game behind that front one) They even took out what little CE of games they still have and put them out on an open shelf with clearance tags on them. This store is slow as hell, so it will probably close. Then I would have to drive at least twice as far for a Kmart.

[quote name='Tsel']I'm 90% sure my K-Mart will be one closing down. It's been dead for practically 10 years. Ever since our Wal-Mart moved locations and turned into a Super Wal-Mart. K-Mart's parking lot always has 20 cars max in it. It's pretty much the butt of jokes in this area. I personally love it though, thanks to this thread.[/QUOTE]
Same, although it was when Target moved in, then Wal-Mart followed. The store seems dirtier than others in the area, even though I could tell the floors were waxed recently.

In my area Sears has seemed to see an increase in business though. Ever since Lands End moved in, they have been doing better. If they got rid of their regular clothes section and just carried Lands End, that could save some money. The regular clothes section takes up a lot of real estate, but I usually do not see many people shopping. Usually most people are in tools/electronics/appliances. I would like to see some of the KMart Gaming Deals carry over to Sears.

As I have mentioned before, I think they could get more business by having the Craftsman Brand(even Power Tools)/Kenmore appliances be made in USA. I know it is less expensive to get some other larger company to make it and make some slight changes, but this would give Sears a unique offering. Then again people say they want the option to buy made in USA, but most do not want to pay the prices it would cost.

Hopefully we can be some of the first to see the 100++ list from Josh??......Hope mine isn't on the list. It's the only one in like a 100 mile radius.

I'm 44 years old and I cannot imagine Kmart not being around. They have been around for as long as I can remember. I remember buying my tyco set in the 70's from them. I hope they take care of business and come back stronger.

The crazy thing about store closures ones you think are real busy often wind up closing. It is a crazy numbers game.

The sad thing is if they close my store, I can already see walmart buying the property to drive the other businesses out so they can get all the mall traffic

[quote name='Ray5555']I'm not surprised they have had horrible CS in most departments(including the electronics department in mine) Although the electronics dept. where I go to did get fixed, and got it's act together. The rest of it was horrible. They have almost no good deals(video games not included) Their stores look dirty/dank. The employees there don't really care. I remember going in one day to pick up a game when RDR was released. They had a box of them laying there open for the world to see on the floor out of any visible eyes that maybe wondering. All somebody had to do was pretend to tie their shoe and they could have easily stole the whole box. I've seen this lazyness through out the store. Like in the jewelery dept. They left the display cases wide open with nobody around, That maybe cause all of the jewelery was junk or they just didn't give a **** about it. Now lets talk about their clothes they sell. Half the time if you see something you like you go to get it only to find it just thrown on top of other clothes not even on a hanger.Then while you are look at the clothes odds are you see clothes randomly on the floor in the middle of the walk way. Then say you decide to purchase it you got a 50/50 chance if it is on sale to pay more than what the sale price is. then their sales are usually subpar and are easily beaten by walmart, and target. Video games not included in the subpar category, but half the time do get beaten out by amazon, walmart, target, bestbuy. But usually the video game deals at kmart are great.

With service like that would you want to go and buy anything non video game related at kmart? The only real thing going right is the effort SHC Gamer has done with the video game deals. Unfortunately one department can't save a company that is hemoraging money in other departments.

I really do feel Sorry for SHC Gamer, all of the effort he has done to get us gamers in kmart and then this happens.[/QUOTE]

You just described my K-Mart in Columbus, Mississippi.

It's like the armpit of Hell. I hate it.

I'm sorry for whatever this means for SHC Gamer and his deals were always great, but the poor customer service in numerous K-Marts will lead to its demise.

man sorry to hear the bad kmart news josh. Sure hope kmartgamer stays around and so does my store. i've never done so much shopping at kmart this year for games and household items. hoping since my kmart is right next to Lambeau field, it'll stay in business for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back