SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't get a $45 coupon, and only got 10k SYWR instead of $15. I used one of my gaming coupons, but didn't think it was going to mess with anything. Looks like that's two emails to send off.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So quick question. The OP does not state what the Brink and LA Noire coupons are yet but I thought I read somewhere in the thread they are both $20. Anyone confirm this? If the reviews are good I plan on using my $45 coupon and 15,000 points on Brink and then the following week using the $20 and $15 coupon + 10,000 points to get LA Noire for $15. Then I think I will use the $20 coupon on a points card unless I find a cheap game I want.[/QUOTE]Yes, there will be a $20 coupon offered with both Brink and L.A. Noire, but based on this recent statement by Josh...
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'd say LA Noire has a similar Reach/Ops esque type of offer. Different but same type of concept. [/QUOTE]...it appears that there will be more to the L.A. Noire deal than just the coupon. Hopefully he can elaborate soon.

[quote name='Vigilante']Yes, there will be a $20 coupon offered with both Brink and L.A. Noire, but based on this recent statement by Josh...
...it appears that there will be more to the L.A. Noire deal than just the coupon. Hopefully he can elaborate soon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. As of right now I think I am getting LA Noire no matter what. A 5,000 page script and facial tech just makes this an intriguing experience. I don't need to be always shooting stuff to be entertained.

I was able to take advantage of the deal today at store #9338. I wanted to buy Portal 2, but after I pressed the help button, waited around forever and after I was unable to find an electronics person to open up the damn case I opted to just get $120 in Playstation Space Dollars instead.

Kmart really needs to come up with a better system than the old cage method.

Hey Josh - can you help with the sywr bonus pts not posting? I bought 150 worth of games before tax today and my email address is linked but I didn't get any bonus pts.

Hey you guys that got $25k SYWR, did it show up immediately on your receipt? Or did you go on the website and see? I just spent $177 today and got the coupons, but it didn't show the 25K.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So quick question. The OP does not state what the Brink and LA Noire coupons are yet but I thought I read somewhere in the thread they are both $20. Anyone confirm this? If the reviews are good I plan on using my $45 coupon and 15,000 points on Brink and then the following week using the $20 and $15 coupon + 10,000 points to get LA Noire for $15. Then I think I will use the $20 coupon on a points card unless I find a cheap game I want.[/QUOTE]

They do have $20 coupons but it seems the entire L.A. Noire deal hasnt been announced yet, Josh was hinting at it having a buy L.A. Noire get X amount off of another game, like Halo and Black Ops.

[quote name='*Deathblade2']Hey you guys that got $25k SYWR, did it show up immediately on your receipt? Or did you go on the website and see? I just spent $177 today and got the coupons, but it didn't show the 25K.[/QUOTE]

Your email must be linked to get SYWR emails (digital receipts/offers) in order to get the bonus points. If you see in your email the $177 receipt, then you should have gotten the points.

[quote name='*Deathblade2']Hey you guys that got $25k SYWR, did it show up immediately on your receipt? Or did you go on the website and see? I just spent $177 today and got the coupons, but it didn't show the 25K.[/QUOTE]

The receipt I got showed. Halfway down the receipt it indicates the Base points earned, bonus points (the 25k) and then total points for the account.

[quote name='Arakias']Your email must be linked to get SYWR emails (digital receipts/offers) in order to get the bonus points. If you see in your email the $177 receipt, then you should have gotten the points.[/QUOTE]

Unless they changed something within the last month, that is not true. When I received my first bonus points, my e-mail address was not on my account. There is a possibility that what he bought was excluded from earning the points.

Always check your receipt as your points, bonus or otherwise, should appear on your receipt. The cashier may even press the wrong button and you won't get an e-mail version of your receipt.

As a CAG, I gotta say, I'm loving Kmart. Spent $200.39 after tax today and picked up MK (PS3), Portal 2 (360), Castlevania LOS CE (PS3), Front Mission (360) and a PSN and XBL points cards. Got my $60 in coupons and $27 in rewards points on top of the $20 in points cards savings. I think I'll turn them in tomorrow for Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm...unless I keep some for L.A. Noire.

As for Dead Space 2, can anyone tell me if it's only the CE that comes with Dead Space Extraction or is it either version? If it's only the CE, I'll hang on to the $45 coupon for L.A. Noire.

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']Unless they changed something within the last month, that is not true. When I received my first bonus points, my e-mail address was not on my account. There is a possibility that what he bought was excluded from earning the points.

Always check your receipt as your points, bonus or otherwise, should appear on your receipt. The cashier may even press the wrong button and you won't get an e-mail version of your receipt.[/QUOTE]

yeah, some deals you have to be opted in for emails to get.

also, it's possible he went to one of the stores that was not participating in the promotion. the list was in the email.

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']Unless they changed something within the last month, that is not true. When I received my first bonus points, my e-mail address was not on my account. There is a possibility that what he bought was excluded from earning the points.

Always check your receipt as your points, bonus or otherwise, should appear on your receipt. The cashier may even press the wrong button and you won't get an e-mail version of your receipt.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies guys, but I am confused here. The $177 was valid, it was games. My email is on my account, but I dont get offers, or digital receipts? from them. I see the points earned halfway down the receipt, it says 1700, which is bunk. :headache: This store is also not one of the ones listed as not participating. No my email is not on the receipt.

I will say the cashier seemed to be new, she didnt have much idea of what she was doing. I guess I will have to email Josh again.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']They do have $20 coupons but it seems the entire L.A. Noire deal hasnt been announced yet, Josh was hinting at it having a buy L.A. Noire get X amount off of another game, like Halo and Black Ops.[/QUOTE]

I'm okay with that as long as there is a wide variety and it's not like that baseball deal with buy it on x system get $y off z system game.

Awesome experience at kmart. Bought MK and Portal 2 plus a 1600 map card which came out free. Total was $123 with tax. Got $60 in coupons plus 15000 sywr points. Thanks Josh for this awesome deal.

[quote name='*Deathblade2']I will say the cashier seemed to be new, she didnt have much idea of what she was doing. I guess I will have to email Josh again.[/QUOTE]

While I would not say dont email Josh, I dont know what he can do for you since he wasnt involved in setting up this offer, it was the SYWR team that did it. Maybe he can point you to the right place.

[quote name='NDPsycho']

As for Dead Space 2, can anyone tell me if it's only the CE that comes with Dead Space Extraction or is it either version? If it's only the CE, I'll hang on to the $45 coupon for L.A. Noire.[/QUOTE]

Some of the regular retail copies do, but make sure it says Limited Edition across the top (as all of EA's recent games are limited editions). If it is an LE, it says "includes DS extraction" in a little blue box at the bottom.

Take care to notice that the CE and the LE are not the same product. It's confusing, but all of the first press "regular" editions were called "limited edition." hope this helps.

[quote name='*Deathblade2']Thanks for the replies guys, but I am confused here. The $177 was valid, it was games. My email is on my account, but I dont get offers, or digital receipts? from them. I see the points earned halfway down the receipt, it says 1700, which is bunk. :headache: This store is also not one of the ones listed as not participating. No my email is not on the receipt.

I will say the cashier seemed to be new, she didnt have much idea of what she was doing. I guess I will have to email Josh again.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you did get the 1700 points, it means it wasnt the cashier's fault. Your SYWR card was entered and you got the base points.

here's the question: were you eligible for the extra 25k points? I thought only the people who actually got the email were eligible? Did you get the email or did you just hear about it on the board?

[quote name='cancerman1120']So quick question. The OP does not state what the Brink and LA Noire coupons are yet but I thought I read somewhere in the thread they are both $20. Anyone confirm this? If the reviews are good I plan on using my $45 coupon and 15,000 points on Brink and then the following week using the $20 and $15 coupon + 10,000 points to get LA Noire for $15. Then I think I will use the $20 coupon on a points card unless I find a cheap game I want.[/QUOTE]
Your $15 coupon will be expired if you wait til the next week for L.A. Noire.

[quote name='*Deathblade2']Thanks for the replies guys, but I am confused here. The $177 was valid, it was games. My email is on my account, but I dont get offers, or digital receipts? from them. I see the points earned halfway down the receipt, it says 1700, which is bunk. :headache: This store is also not one of the ones listed as not participating. No my email is not on the receipt.

I will say the cashier seemed to be new, she didnt have much idea of what she was doing. I guess I will have to email Josh again.[/QUOTE]

Why would you e-mail Josh? This wasn't a gaming promotion. Would you e-mail Josh if a tent was on sale for $19.99 but when you went to purchase it it rang up at $29.99?

[quote name='confoosious']Well, if you did get the 1700 points, it means it wasnt the cashier's fault. Your SYWR card was entered and you got the base points.

here's the question: were you eligible for the extra 25k points? I thought only the people who actually got the email were eligible? Did you get the email or did you just hear about it on the board?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you had to get the e-mail to be eligible. I just logged into the SYWR website and noticed on my account their was an offer from Kmart stating that I could earn up to 25,000 pts. I needed to buy a chest freezer that was over $150 so I figured it was a good time to do so but then I noticed in store that their was an advertisement stating that major appliances were excluded from the promo so I was a little bit hesitant, even more so because I was paying for the entire purchase in SYWR points but in the end I still get the 25,000 pt bonus

[quote name='GBAstar']I don't think you had to get the e-mail to be eligible. I just logged into the SYWR website and noticed on my account their was an offer from Kmart stating that I could earn up to 25,000 pts. I needed to buy a chest freezer that was over $150 so I figured it was a good time to do so but then I noticed in store that their was an advertisement stating that major appliances were excluded from the promo so I was a little bit hesitant, even more so because I was paying for the entire purchase in SYWR points but in the end I still get the 25,000 pt bonus[/QUOTE]

i don't have that on my sywr account page. So I assume i'm not eligible.

So I know the PS3 version of Castlevania LoS LE is on clearance, anybody know if the 360 version is as well? I think a Kmart nearby me still has a copy, but they're a good half hour drive and I don't really wanna make the trek if it's not on sale. If nobody knows, maybe I'll just try calling, but I know the people working in electronics there aren't always the brightest and might not understand I'm looking for the Limited Edition version...
Anybody know?

Okay, it doesn't matter if the girl was new or not, if she swiped your card, you'd get the base points and the bonus points. It seems like the store wasn't doing the bonus, so you didn't get any bonus points. She did that part correctly.

As for the digital receipts, they have three buttons that they can hit on their screen at the end of the transaction. I didn't get a clear look at all of them, but roughly, the first one is an option for them to print your receipt and give you that one. The second button is for them to print and e-mail your receipt, so they will hand you one and you will then be e-mailed a copy. I guess, because I haven't read the third one clearly is an option for no receipt.

You need an e-mail address for them to mail your receipts, offers, and for some, heads up on bonus weekends, but it is not needed for you to get your points. I've had an account since the beginning with no e-mail address on it, but I received points. One cashier recently asked me for my address stating that I would get "offers," but even if I had declined, I would still receive points as I had been.

While some people did get an e-mail about the 2 day bonus, it wasn't required to receive the points if you were at a participating store. The reason I asked when it was first mentioned was to insure that it WASN'T just for certain members.

Was there a big push from the employees for customers to sign up while you were in the store? They usually have people walking around with a stack of new cards when they are trying get more people to join. At least they did at the previous one they had on April 2, 2011.

Also, while he is truly helpful, Josh isn't involved with the points. Not saying that he can't figure something out, but to ask him about it is pushing him into branches of the business that he really shouldn't be carving out time to fix.

One more thing, your actual e-mail address would not be on the receipt, but the last four digits of your card would.

I'm pretty certain that the three options are printed, email, or printed and emailed. There's always going to be a receipt in some format.

Deathblade2, which KMart location was it?

EDIT: I found the post where the excluded stores are listed. Was it one of these?

Your three options make more sense. Like I said, I didn't get a good glance at the third one. Didn't think I'd have to talk about it, so it wasn't something I was really keying in on.

For anyone that's looking for a quick flip from gaming coupons to amazon gc, Xbox Oblivion GOTY trades in for $24 right now. It's currently 19.99 at Kmart.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Your $15 coupon will be expired if you wait til the next week for L.A. Noire.[/QUOTE]

I think not. The coupon is good till 5/21 and LA Noire releases on 5/17. Plenty of time to use the $15 coupon.

[quote name='burger96']For anyone that's looking for a quick flip from gaming coupons to amazon gc, Xbox Oblivion GOTY trades in for $24 right now. It's currently 19.99 at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Wow, how did Oblivon increase in value so much? Is it OOP or something? Wish I kept mine.

[quote name='convergecrew']Some of the regular retail copies do, but make sure it says Limited Edition across the top (as all of EA's recent games are limited editions). If it is an LE, it says "includes DS extraction" in a little blue box at the bottom.

Take care to notice that the CE and the LE are not the same product. It's confusing, but all of the first press "regular" editions were called "limited edition." hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, that's what I needed to know. I"ll check it out tomorrow. Thanks!

Josh,

I noticed in the weekly ad online it's advertising Aliens vs Predator as $14.99-$19.99 and shows the picture of the PS3 game. Do you know how much these will cost and for what system?

I haven't heard good things about the game but I'm an aliens fan and I own a sealed copy of the Hunter edition. I'd like to at least toy around with the game and I'm willing to do so if it is cheap enough.

thanks

I bought $175 before taxes and my receipt says i earned the 25,000 bonus points but they have not posted to my account after one day. Usually, they things post asap. What gives? Ive gotten all the other bonus points before (MvC3, MLB2K11)

Picked up about $45 worth of games.

Experience was positive and the coupon printed out. Thanks for the deal.

Edit: I just realized I missed out on the extra 5,000 points if I had spent an extra $5 to make my purchase over $50 during the promotion on yesterday and the day before. :(

[quote name='cancerman1120']I think not. The coupon is good till 5/21 and LA Noire releases on 5/17. Plenty of time to use the $15 coupon.[/QUOTE]
I thought you were saying you would get Brink on 5/17, then use the $20 from Brink and $15 from this deal for L.A. Noire. The $20 from Brink won't be valid until 5/22, the day after the $15 expires.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']I thought you were saying you would get Brink on 5/17, then use the $20 from Brink and $15 from this deal for L.A. Noire. The $20 from Brink won't be valid until 5/22, the day after the $15 expires.[/QUOTE]

Brink releases on 5/10, the coupon will be valid on the 15th, so he's good to go.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']So I know the PS3 version of Castlevania LoS LE is on clearance, anybody know if the 360 version is as well? I think a Kmart nearby me still has a copy, but they're a good half hour drive and I don't really wanna make the trek if it's not on sale. If nobody knows, maybe I'll just try calling, but I know the people working in electronics there aren't always the brightest and might not understand I'm looking for the Limited Edition version...
Anybody know?[/QUOTE]
the first page has all the drops, but since you are too lazy to look , the answer is no it only the ps3 version

[quote name='camelking6969']the first page has all the drops, but since you are too lazy to look , the answer is no it only the ps3 version[/QUOTE]

I'm not too lazy to look, dick, and I DID look, dick, but I thought that maybe the 360 version dropped as well but wasn't listed. But thanks for being a dick, dick.
Seems weird to clearance out only one platform and not the other, or at least a slight reduction on the other.

Well I ended up getting a 2nd set of games last night which included WWE All Stars. Since it's on sale for $49.99, I'm a bit worried that if I end up doing a price adjustment, I'm going to lose the 25K SYWR points since it will be 3 cents short of $150 that I spent pretax last night. Maybe I won't do it since the 2nd set of $60 coupons printed out as well.

it's nice to see L.A. Noire will be getting a $20 coupon...it's nice to see that there is going to be more to the L.A. Noire deal...

[quote name='DPsycho']I'm pretty certain that the three options are printed, email, or printed and emailed. There's always going to be a receipt in some format.

Deathblade2, which KMart location was it?

EDIT: I found the post where the excluded stores are listed. Was it one of these?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. Wish I had seen that posted earlier, apparently all Kmarts in my area were excluded.

[quote name='vlv723']Well I ended up getting a 2nd set of games last night which included WWE All Stars. Since it's on sale for $49.99, I'm a bit worried that if I end up doing a price adjustment, I'm going to lose the 25K SYWR points since it will be 3 cents short of $150 that I spent pretax last night. Maybe I won't do it since the 2nd set of $60 coupons printed out as well.[/QUOTE]

I got a price adjustment on Bulletstorm this morning. I bought it before the SYWR bonus so I can't tell if it will screw that up, but my gaming coupons still worked.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']I'm not too lazy to look, dick, and I DID look, dick, but I thought that maybe the 360 version dropped as well but wasn't listed. But thanks for being a dick, dick.
Seems weird to clearance out only one platform and not the other, or at least a slight reduction on the other.[/QUOTE]

Should have squeezed more dicks in there.

[quote name='Leggy Peggy']Okay, it doesn't matter if the girl was new or not, if she swiped your card, you'd get the base points and the bonus points. It seems like the store wasn't doing the bonus, so you didn't get any bonus points. She did that part correctly.

As for the digital receipts, they have three buttons that they can hit on their screen at the end of the transaction. I didn't get a clear look at all of them, but roughly, the first one is an option for them to print your receipt and give you that one. The second button is for them to print and e-mail your receipt, so they will hand you one and you will then be e-mailed a copy. I guess, because I haven't read the third one clearly is an option for no receipt.

You need an e-mail address for them to mail your receipts, offers, and for some, heads up on bonus weekends, but it is not needed for you to get your points. I've had an account since the beginning with no e-mail address on it, but I received points. One cashier recently asked me for my address stating that I would get "offers," but even if I had declined, I would still receive points as I had been.

While some people did get an e-mail about the 2 day bonus, it wasn't required to receive the points if you were at a participating store. The reason I asked when it was first mentioned was to insure that it WASN'T just for certain members.

Was there a big push from the employees for customers to sign up while you were in the store? They usually have people walking around with a stack of new cards when they are trying get more people to join. At least they did at the previous one they had on April 2, 2011.

Also, while he is truly helpful, Josh isn't involved with the points. Not saying that he can't figure something out, but to ask him about it is pushing him into branches of the business that he really shouldn't be carving out time to fix.

One more thing, your actual e-mail address would not be on the receipt, but the last four digits of your card would.[/QUOTE]

Heres the thing, it could be for some reason that this store was not participating, but I doubt it as this store was not on the list non- participating stores, and two of the other Kmarts I went to were advertising the deal. They had signs up and it was going over the intercom. Yes the last 4 are on my receipt.

This particular Kmart that I got the games from is a...less than desirable Kmart to visit, so it would not surprise me that no signs were up. It took an hour to even get my games, but thats another story. It probably is more something to route to the SYWR people.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Should have squeezed more dicks in there.[/QUOTE]

^That's what she said.

(For all my Office fans out there, here is to Michael Scott's final day at work this week)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back