SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont remember any other console launch in particular but the 3DS launch is way too pathetic for me to consider paying $250. I could buy a lot of good games for that kind of money. If Sony hurries up and announces a release date/pricing for the NGP I'll probably skip the 3DS completely.[/QUOTE]
A fair amount of people actually want the 3DS without 3D. It personally just screws with my eyes insanely on any thing but the lowest 3D setting so I'm skipping the 3DS entirely. The NGP looks to be where the money is better spent and it's only a matter of time until UMD-ripped games will work on it, I really wish Sony would support the discontinuation of the UMD format a bit more than they have. It would be a day one purchase if they had a kiosk which would rip them to my PSN account and give a little bit of credit for surrendering the UMD.

I scanned the last 5 pages to see if this had been asked already, but didn't see it. If I buy Tiger Woods or WWE All Stars on Tuesday,does anyone know when the gaming coupon would start being active? I know with the old ones they weren't good right away. However, I could use the SYWR points the next transaction. Just curious as it affects my already too light wallet.

Instead of the $20 gift card is there a way for me to get the 4000pts for $20 maybe like online as part of the crysis 2 deal since my store didn't have it?

[quote name='specter316']I scanned the last 5 pages to see if this had been asked already, but didn't see it. If I buy Tiger Woods or WWE All Stars on Tuesday,does anyone know when the gaming coupon would start being active? I know with the old ones they weren't good right away. However, I could use the SYWR points the next transaction. Just curious as it affects my already too light wallet.[/QUOTE]

reading from the op's first page it seems that coupons wont be active until the following Sunday.

[quote name='sharingan501']Instead of the $20 gift card is there a way for me to get the 4000pts for $20 maybe like online as part of the crysis 2 deal since my store didn't have it?[/QUOTE]

nope, the cards have to physically be scanned at a register in order to be active, they can't do that which is why they offering the gift card.

[quote name='seanr1221']My top 3 are Gears, Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect. If there are 20.00 coupons with each, I'll buy them all at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

You gotta go even bigger if you say you'll buy them at kmart... Like this- If they are 25 dollar coupons AND half off a second game in the same purchase, I'll buy them at kmart. :) (or 25 coupon and free MS points/PSN card ) ?

BTW: I missed something, people mention about the Altanis in posts like he/she is gone-dead.. Whats up? MIA

[quote name='Achilles00']Anyone else a little dismayed at all of the terrible reviews for the 3DS launch titles? I mean, I figured they'd be bad, but on gamerankings the highest aggregate score is a 76%.[/QUOTE]

yeah. Launch games are usually. MEH, and te 3ds is no different.. I have every SSFIV (SF in general) that i really don't need nor want another freaking SF title unless it is a totally different lineup/game- Really want a Darkstalkers-that would be awesome.
But-i have ordered, cancelled, pre-ordered again, canceled a dozen times.. I keep changing my mind. The system reviews are average (see IGN, etc) and the games like the quote state are average or not even. When the only two games I would buy at launch include Monkeyball and Pilotwings---something is WRONG.... So. I haven't decided if I'll be at kmart tomorrow or not.... 250 is alot of dough

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']yeah. Launch games are usually. MEH, and te 3ds is no different.. I have every SSFIV (SF in general) that i really don't need nor want another freaking SF title unless it is a totally different lineup/game- Really want a Darkstalkers-that would be awesome.
But-i have ordered, cancelled, pre-ordered again, canceled a dozen times.. I keep changing my mind. The system reviews are average (see IGN, etc) and the games like the quote state are average or not even. When the only two games I would buy at launch include Monkeyball and Pilotwings---something is WRONG.... So. I haven't decided if I'll be at kmart tomorrow or not.... 250 is alot of dough[/QUOTE]

I'm still torn over it. I have like $250 in Kmart credit, and I've been planning on using it for the 3DS. I have come to a point where I don't want to fool with points/coupons/inconsistent service anymore, so it makes sense to get rid of all my credit at once. I would wait 6 months to get the 3DS, but my points start expiring sooner than that, which to me is like throwing away money. I'll probably end up getting it, but I know I won't use it much until later in the year.

Finally caved and bit on the Crysis deal. I've read so many good posts about it, I couldn't resist.

Basically, SHC, what I'm saying is your deal was too good to pass up. I know people who couldn't find points cards will disagree, and since Josh doesn't have direct control over ordering cards it's not ideal, but getting deals on points is the tipping point for me. It's so hard to find decent deals on them, and when Kmart offers a $50 card for $20 with Crysis, that's awesome.

[quote name='wantedman728']Hey guys anyone know if we are able to use a gift card and the rewards points at the same time? let me know thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='BGriffith']Are the 3DS launch plans for tomorrow just to wing it at each store?[/QUOTE]

I think it's gonna be on auto-pilotwing-it. See what I did there? :p:roll::drool:

Oh man...I played Bulletstorm to its completion in one sitting yesterday. What a blast. Sure, the story is a throw-away, but man is it fun killing things in that game.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Oh man...I played Bulletstorm to its completion in one sitting yesterday. What a blast. Sure, the story is a throw-away, but man is it fun killing things in that game.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I traded it in right after beating it to get max value at the time but I could see myself re-acquiring it to play through again since it was such a blast.

Wasn't able to pick up Bulletstorm, but I think that it will eventually be lowered to that price anyway. Keep up the great work K-Mart!

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']So for WWE All Stars, I get a $10 gaming coupon and a $15 WWE coupon?[/QUOTE]

What is a WWE coupon? What is it good for?

[quote name='JCDogg911']What is a WWE coupon? What is it good for?[/QUOTE]

I think its used on 40 dollars worth of wwe products, dvds, games, figures? I know they said it can be used on wwe all-stars but why point that out when you have to buy wwe all stars to get it. IDK.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I think its used on 40 dollars worth of wwe products, dvds, games, figures? I know they said it can be used on wwe all-stars but why point that out when you have to buy wwe all stars to get it. IDK.[/QUOTE]

If I understand it correctly, you have it backwards. The coupon is rewarded for purchasing $40 in WWE products. The game is not the only source for the coupon, but because the game is valid, it will count toward earning the coupon in addition to its own KMart Gamer promotion.

As to whether the $15 is a general coupon or itself restricted to certain items, on that I am unclear. I'm not a fan of WWE, so I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the promotion. My guess is that you only need to be buying $15 worth of product when using it, however, making it far more useful.

Yeah i read that wrong, you get the 10 dollar coupon from kmart, and a 15 dollar wwe coupon for buying 40+ dollars of WWE merch, which means if you buy wwe all stars you will get the 15 dollar coupon too. But honestly i wouldnt even use that 15 coupon if you have to spend it on wwe merch. I think thats what the main question was, from the person i quoted. Is if the 15 wwe coupon is only good on WWE Merch.

man... i just remembered about that move deal wit move heroes, and then realized it was extended and i was happy then realized... move heroes didnt get good reviews... *sighs*

So I called the local K-Mart to see if they received any 3DS systems for tomorrow's launch and was told that they won't be getting any for at least a week yet. -_-

I picked up Lego Star Wars III this morning without any issues. I had planned on double dipping on the DS version but I passed since there was no deal. I figured that $15 in points for a $30 game was too good to be true. I would've bit with a $10 promo, though.

[quote name='AcesHigh']So, what is the difference between the SYWR and a gaming coupon?[/QUOTE]
Coupons can be a higher value than rewards points. The coupon fraud debacle slowed things down and in order to maintain momentum, the gents in the Buyer's office decided to take a bit of a hit and offer coupon quality rewards deals. The rewards deals were supposed to be considerably less than what they're currently offering, expect rewards based offers to drop as coupon values to rise.

Finally bit on the Crysis 2 deal. Picked up the game, $50 PSN card and got my bonus 10,000 SYWR points no problem. Also used my 10,000 from the DA2 deal ;)

So can we use the $15 WWE coupon towards another WWE game the following week? Or is that coupon only good on apparel, toys, etc?

[quote name='Mad39er']Coupons can be a higher value than rewards points. The coupon fraud debacle slowed things down and in order to maintain momentum, the gents in the Buyer's office decided to take a bit of a hit and offer coupon quality rewards deals. The rewards deals were supposed to be considerably less than what they're currently offering, expect rewards based offers to drop as coupon values to rise.[/QUOTE]

I know its only one week, but the first week of coupons being back hasnt really exceeded the deals we were getting with just SYWR. Considering we would get other bonuses like free $20 cards plus $10 in rewards.

So hopefully the Mortal Kombat deal blows me away!

[quote name='hazzrdous']will kmart carry socom 4 full deployment edition?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. I have it preordered at amazon but would bite on it if there's a good deal at kmart for it.

LOL!!!

Was playing crysis 2 at friends house yesterday and today. He refused to give me the game.

Glad you recommended the game stock boy!

[quote name='joshdts']I know its only one week, but the first week of coupons being back hasnt really exceeded the deals we were getting with just SYWR. Considering we would get other bonuses like free $20 cards plus $10 in rewards.

So hopefully the Mortal Kombat deal blows me away![/QUOTE]
Josh has stated that SYWR points are not sustainable. He can't continue to offer them because it's a budget killer. It's why he's had to use PSN/XBox cards as a conditional buy to fill out the full value. You're only getting about $10 in rewards where we were getting previously $15-25 coupons + all the other bonuses.

Can anyone confirm if I return something I purchase with reward point, they would return to my account immediately? And it come with a free item I need to return it too for full refund, correct?>

[quote name='Firecrest']So I called the local K-Mart to see if they received any 3DS systems for tomorrow's launch and was told that they won't be getting any for at least a week yet. -_-[/QUOTE]

Wow. That's pretty not good.

That's actually a lie. These things are always sent ahead of time. The store just doesn't know what they're talking about and rather than do their job, they'd like to just tell people whatever they can to get them to go away and go to another store.

They should probably lose their jobs since they care so little about doing them correctly.

[quote name='jer7583']They should probably lose their jobs since they care so little about doing them correctly.[/QUOTE]
How ignorant/lazy can people be? I understand maybe the employee didnt work in electronics so maybe has no idea but couldn't they have bothered to ask someone or check if they didnt know? And if it was someone in electronics...ugh.

I'm certainly hoping so, and I can't say that I'd be surprised if it was a facade since the employee I spoke to was the same kid from electronics who carelessly brushed me off by telling me that they never received Yakuza 4 when in fact Josh confirmed that they did get their shipments in.

Nonetheless, I'm not taking any chances and trying elsewhere for one just in case. In the likelihood that this kid is bluffing, something should be done, as he's costing the store money from lost revenue (in addition to making me look like a fool by wasting my time and money).

Last edited by a moderator:
No, he should absolutely be fired.

It's not that he doesn't know, it's that he doesn't want the customers in the store. He's directly turning them away by lying to the customers. There's zero reason for any company to continue paying someone who cares that little about helping customers out, of all things over the phone.

What could possibly be easier than talking to someone honestly on the phone while at work? Nothing. Stocking shelves, cleaning, organizing, whatever, complain about that - but being so completely and utterly worthless that you can't even honestly respond to a customer question over the phone, and instead need to just say things to get off the phone as soon as possible? Shameful.

[quote name='Firecrest']I'm certainly hoping so, and I can't say that I'd be surprised if it was a facade since the employee I spoke to was the same kid from electronics who carelessly brushed me off by telling me that they never received Yakuza 4 when in fact Josh confirmed that they did get their shipments in.

Nonetheless, I'm not taking any chances and trying elsewhere for one just in case. In the likelihood that this kid is bluffing, something should be done, as he's costing the store money from lost revenue (in addition to making me look like a fool by wasting my time and money).[/QUOTE]
Yeah thats just ridiculous if they work in electronics. There's way too many people that need jobs right now for someone like that to have the position just to be lazy/lie and turn away potential customers.

I couldn't get in on the Crysis 2 deal ($10 in points plus 4000 msp offer) since no time to check the city kmarts.

earlier today was out shopping and saw a kmart I never been to so there was hope!

the gaming department was such a mess. the games in the cases were disorganized (not alphabetized correctly) and the one cashier never heard of the game. he told me to check [the unorganized cases] even though I already did. Then he turned around to a case behind the counter (which customers can't really see unless they have good vision and can see small text) for nothing. I came across the weekly ad and decided to go back to show him "Crysis 2". There was a manager in the area which seemed to swoop in when the incompetent cashier looked more puzzled even after I showed him the ad. The manager asked the cashier if he looked in the back; cashier didn't say anything. I then explained that the game came out recently to which the manager informed me that new releases typically sell out the day they come out, very surprising but at least the manager seemed to know things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back