SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gamerdogbert']JOSH OR STOCK BOY, still waiting for confirmation as to whether you'll be getting MK Tournament Editions? I couldn't care less about Kollector's Editions, but having an arcade stick is a must for fighting games. I'll gladly buy it from Kmart if you will have it. I'm really hoping you'll tell me I can cancel my Amazon MKTE preorder...[/QUOTE]
No TE editions; they were not allocated to us. HANG ON TO THAT PREORDER! They are very limited.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm sure he was cool and I am glad he was nice, but I am 99.9% sure they had the games. If you ever have the time to reach out to Ad monster or myself I'd love to investigate the issue for you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Josh. I may go back today & see if they have any that were put out before heading to GS.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']No TE editions; they were not allocated to us. HANG ON TO THAT PREORDER! They are very limited.[/QUOTE]

?!?!?!?!

What's going on?!?!?!

You guys are doing so well in sales and scaring the hell out of Amazon.
Why are these companies not hooking you up?

[quote name='aznhero913']?!?!?!?!

What's going on?!?!?!

Why are these companies not hooking you up?[/QUOTE]

I would have to think that a lack of a pre-order program is playing a role here. Even though they would get paid regardless, publishers don't want to allocate something that pricey to retailers that can't secure sales and it's hard for a company like K-Mart to convince them otherwise when they don't have that pre-order option in place to give them numbers.

[quote name='aznhero913']?!?!?!?!

What's going on?!?!?!

Why are these companies not hooking you up?[/QUOTE]
Because I suck at pre ordering stuff :) I may actually sell more units than say Amazon on launch but they take so much of the pre order business that usually CE's get sent off to GS and Amazon like crazy.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Because I suck at pre ordering stuff :) I may actually sell more units than say Amazon on launch but they take so much of the pre order business that usually CE's get sent off to GS and Amazon like crazy.[/QUOTE]

Your sales growth figures should be convincing enough, in my opinion. I'm all for Kmart taking away stock from GS :cool:

[quote name='chimpian']whats the word on the number of likes Mr. K Mart has on his facebook?
are we nearing 900 yet?

**cant get to facebook at work**[/QUOTE]

Happened a couple days ago

[quote name='gamerdogbert']JOSH OR STOCK BOY, still waiting for confirmation as to whether you'll be getting MK Tournament Editions? I couldn't care less about Kollector's Editions, but having an arcade stick is a must for fighting games. I'll gladly buy it from Kmart if you will have it. I'm really hoping you'll tell me I can cancel my Amazon MKTE preorder...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, we are not getting the tournament edition, only the Kollector's Edition.

Pre-Orders are going to be a whole new nightmare for associates to handle.

Can you imagine? Having to set aside and tag product for the customer before release? That's like.. doing work without being pressured by a customer, man!

How am I gonna mack on that hot cashier girl or watch ESPN if I gotta set up pre-orders???

j/k I just like to joke about kmart employees. Many have been very nice and helpful. I'm more talking about the lazy high school/college kid who would be lazy at any job.

[quote name='chimpian']Ah I see, thanks.

Any word on portal 2 deals then?[/QUOTE]

Apr. 17th - 23rd, Buy $40 of game software (i.e. games) get $15 gaming software coupon, buy $120 of game software get $60 gaming software coupon. On top of that save $10 on $20 PSN/XBLA points card with purchase of Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat.

[quote name='oiskaio']Apr. 17th - 23rd, Buy $40 of game software (i.e. games) get $15 gaming software coupon, buy $120 of game software get $60 gaming software coupon. On top of that save $10 on $20 PSN/XBLA points card with purchase of Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat.[/QUOTE]

Im sticking with amazon

I got a buddy who wants to buy portal 2 as well.

so what im thinking this would calculate to from kmart would be:
2 copies of portal 2, and a $60 game coupon for ~$120

is this correct?

[quote name='chimpian']Thanks :)

Im sticking with amazon

I got a buddy who wants to buy portal 2 as well.

so what im thinking this would calculate to from kmart would be:
2 copies of portal 2, and a $60 game coupon for ~$120

is this correct?[/QUOTE]

2 copies of Portal gets you to $119.98, so Josh is knocking $10 off $20 points cards to give a better way of getting over the $120 requirement. Also, when you redeem the $60 coupon you would have to buy something else to put it over $60 since (most) games are $59.99. And no, a pack of gum won't work.

Hey SHC folks, can you give me/us the low down on the Nyko Powerpak+ that's getting all the rave reviews for extended 3DS battery life? I can't seem to find it in a store anywhere. I called 2 Kmarts but no dice. :(

I'm gonna give it a month or two to make sure those nyko batteries aren't exploding or causing fires or ruining 3DSs.

I don't trust most 3rd party stuff. MadCatz does a pretty good job though.

quick question about the 120 for a 60 coupon... im assuming clearance games work with this? my local k-mart has some psp games i've had my eye on.

Hey Josh, do you think that for future promotions similar to the one going on the week of 4/17 that you could get approval to tweak the numbers to something like "get a $50 coupon if you spend $110 (or $115)"? I know that you know why I'm suggesting that, but didn't know if the K-Mart brass would be onto us. ;) You could argue that the overall percentage of coupon amount to dollars spent is less than the 60/120 which should make them happy. I think most gamers wouldn't mind having to throw in a ten spot in lieu of having to scour the store for something else to buy (and ultimately probably pay at least another $10 anyway).

[quote name='chriscolbert']Hey Josh, do you think that for future promotions similar to the one going on the week of 4/17 that you could get approval to tweak the numbers to something like "get a $50 coupon if you spend $110 (or $115)"? I know that you know why I'm suggesting that, but didn't know if the K-Mart brass would be onto us. ;) You could argue that the overall percentage of coupon amount to dollars spent is less than the 60/120 which should make them happy. I think most gamers wouldn't mind having to throw in a ten spot in lieu of having to scour the store for something else to buy (and ultimately probably pay at least another $10 anyway).[/QUOTE]
Yeah this would be pretty awesome.

[quote name='dkreegz515']quick question about the 120 for a 60 coupon... im assuming clearance games work with this? my local k-mart has some psp games i've had my eye on.[/QUOTE]
yeah that would work. As long as it's software/points cards it should work.

The $60 gaming coupon after $120 game purchase is worse than B2G1... I like the SYWR points better, because $60 in points can cover games under $60 and with points to use later, gaming coupons can't...

[quote name='Serpentor']The $60 gaming coupon after $120 game purchase is worse than B2G1... I like the SYWR points better, because $60 in points can cover games under $60 and with points to use later, gaming coupons can't...[/QUOTE]

So how does that make the coupon worse than B2G1 :roll:

[quote name='gotdott']So how does that make the coupon worse than B2G1 :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't understand his reasoning either.

I thought he was complaining about tax. But he's not so... i dunno.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, I don't understand his reasoning either.

I thought he was complaining about tax. But he's not so... i dunno.[/QUOTE]

Probably because in most cases you would have to buy something else not only to first get the coupon, but also when you redeem the coupon due to the pre-tax amounts being short of the required amount. So even though I think it's a great deal, in no way, shape, or form is it a B2G1.

[quote name='gotdott']So how does that make the coupon worse than B2G1 :roll:[/QUOTE]
The reasoning is that you have to buy more. It's not a straight B2G1. Buy 2 at kmart = 119.98 meaning youre not at the $120 mark yet so you need to add something else.

Then when spending your $60 coupon it's the same deal.

Having said that, I'm not complaining, and also the coupon with that third game you'll no doubt get should be factored in, basically canceling out the extra you have to spend. Not to mention you could just buy and resell a points card to make up for it anyway. So in the end it can easily be a little better than a B2G1.

I bought tiger woods 12 but its still sealed. What if I return it will my coupon become invalid?

Not trying to mess with you system, its just after watching gameplay videos of tiger woods 12, I dont want it anymore...

[quote name='confoosious']if you're not trying to mess with the system, then just rip up the coupon and not worry about whether it'll be valid or not.[/QUOTE]
yeah I shouldn't worry since I will be getting my $65 back anyways when I return it later today...

[quote name='Plasmolyze']I bought tiger woods 12 but its still sealed. What if I return it will my coupon become invalid?

Not trying to mess with you system, its just after watching gameplay videos of tiger woods 12, I dont want it anymore...[/QUOTE]
I'd just take the game + coupon back to Kmart and let them know about it, and I imagine they'll either take the coupon and refund the full amount, or deduct the amount of the coupon and let you keep it.

[quote name='Plasmolyze']I bought tiger woods 12 but its still sealed. What if I return it will my coupon become invalid?

Not trying to mess with you system, its just after watching gameplay videos of tiger woods 12, I dont want it anymore...[/QUOTE]

Just curious what you saw that you didn't like? I haven't picked it up yet but have heard nothing but great reviews.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Just curious what you saw that you didn't like? I haven't picked it up yet but have heard nothing but great reviews.[/QUOTE]
gameplay looks identical to tiger woods 11...

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'd just take the game + coupon back to Kmart and let them know about it, and I imagine they'll either take the coupon and refund the full amount, or deduct the amount of the coupon and let you keep it.[/QUOTE]
Definitely will
Much rather get $65 back instead of ~$45

[quote name='Plasmolyze']gameplay looks identical to tiger woods 11...

Definitely will
Much rather get $65 back instead of ~$45[/QUOTE]

Every single thing ive seen with this game looks better than last year. More real life courses. Improved modes, caddie system. I kept track of the previews to see what it all came with and it is a better game than last years.

Return it with the coupon.... No issue with that as long as the coupon is surrendered to Kmart and not used...

Plus.. I may be wrong-but I thought the coupons have been changed/connected to specific transactions, so if it is returned the coupon is invalid in the system?? This way the coupon cannot be copied and the coupons system cannot be abused like it was before. I would at least hope for all our sake.

Hey Josh,

You had mentioned that you were working on deals regarding the Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell trilogies, but were waiting until the Ubisoft ones were coming out. Do you have an update on what that might be? I'm planning on getting Portal 2 and at least the PoP trilogy that week (assuming that they really do come out the 19th).

And thanks for all the work you put in for the gaming community, we greatly appreciate it.

Josh,

Just a polite request for a 2nd round Yakuza 4 deal sometime soon. Been watching the quick looks/gameplay and reading about it and it seems pretty interesting and you don't have to play the other games to enjoy it.

$40 sometime please?

My thoughts on having to spend that little bit extra to get over the $60 price point for the coupon are that I could buy a new release title for $60(hopefully with a coupon deal of its own) and throw in a $20 points card so that essentially I paid $20 for the game and got a free points card (technically inaccurate, but I find it preferable to saying I got a game for free and paid full price for the points card--I make it a habit to never pay full price for anything :cool:).

I might be the only one here, but I kind of liked the points on the Shop Rewards card. I liked it slightly more because I could earn points at both Kmart and Sears, while using the points at both locations. The coupons restrict me to just Kmart, but that's okay too.

[quote name='GPrime101']Hey Josh,

You had mentioned that you were working on deals regarding the Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell trilogies, but were waiting until the Ubisoft ones were coming out. Do you have an update on what that might be? I'm planning on getting Portal 2 and at least the PoP trilogy that week (assuming that they really do come out the 19th).

And thanks for all the work you put in for the gaming community, we greatly appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

not sure about now but back then before the new release dates the offer was going to be buy x game get y game at a discount price. I'm too am waiting for a deal on all 3 trilogys...

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I might be the only one here, but I kind of liked the points on the Shop Rewards card. I liked it slightly more because I could earn points at both Kmart and Sears, while using the points at both locations. The coupons restrict me to just Kmart, but that's okay too.[/QUOTE]

me too, i liked the points much better because i didn't have to worry about it expiring or having to wait a week to use my points. also i could use as little or as much as i wanted. not to mention i could use it on anything was great.

[quote name='chriscolbert']2 copies of Portal gets you to $119.98, so Josh is knocking $10 off $20 points cards to give a better way of getting over the $120 requirement. Also, when you redeem the $60 coupon you would have to buy something else to put it over $60 since (most) games are $59.99. And no, a pack of gum won't work.[/QUOTE]

This is issue about being a few cents away from getting/redeeming a promotion doesn't sit too well w/ me.

Honestly, as much as I love the deals Josh puts out, this one leaves me holding my breath and thinking twice. 1st the promo forces you to buy the points card or something else. 2nd, When redeeming the coupon it forces you to buy more than just a $59.99 game. I know its close to a B2G1 promo but I'll have to find myself spending about $20 extra out of pocket on top of the $120 + tax to be able to take advantage of this. This is why I was really hoping K-mart would have the Socom bundle.

BTW, I can't believe I'm saying this but yeah, I'm gonna miss the SYWR points. Loved the flexibility to spend whenever, wherever, and whatever I want. It was a great way to appease the wife. I would buy my games and she would use the points towards buying household items(laundry detergent,diapers for donations,etc). When it worked, the SYWR system was a blessing. When it didn't, omg, hold on for a bumpy ride.

Having to get 2 games and then buy something else to get the $60 kind of sucks... and I'm assuming the $60 doesn't activate until Sunday. So you can't get all 3 of the releases on the 19th--Socom, Portal, MK.

That's what I'm saying... SYRW points are better... $60 gaming coupon can't buy a $59.99 game, but $60 SYRW points can. Besides, the points don't expire and no paper coupons to keep track. If I have to go back to the old way (marking calendar on gaming coupon expiration dates) then I'll only do it for the worthy promotions. Maybe I'm spoiled, but maybe I realized that managing paper coupons can be a pain...

As to the tax comment by Confoosious, I'm assuming his referring to the SYWR points? No taxes collected on purchases covered by SYWR points because whatever amount covered by the promotional points (or coupons) is not subjected to tax. You only pay the tax on whatever amount after coupons/discounts. Saying you "save" money by using SYWR points due to "no tax" is wrong... You're still paying sale taxes, regardless you use Gaming Coupons or SYWR points.

Bah, why I'm explaining this to people can't figure out why the $60 gaming coupon for $120 purchase is worse than B2G1...

[quote name='Serpentor']That's what I'm saying... SYRW points are better... $60 gaming coupon can't buy a $59.99 game, but $60 SYRW points can. Besides, the points don't expire and no paper coupons to keep track. If I have to go back to the old way (marking calendar on gaming coupon expiration dates) then I'll only do it for the worthy promotions. Maybe I'm spoiled, but maybe I realized that managing paper coupons can be a pain...

As to the tax comment by Confoosious, I'm assuming his referring to the SYWR points? No taxes collected on purchases covered by SYWR points because whatever amount covered by the promotional points (or coupons) is not subjected to tax. You only pay the tax on whatever amount after coupons/discounts. Saying you "save" money by using SYWR points due to "no tax" is wrong... You're still paying sale taxes, regardless you use Gaming Coupons or SYWR points.

Bah, why I'm explaining this to people can't figure out why the $60 gaming coupon for $120 purchase is worse than B2G1...[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with this. If I had a choice I would go with the SYWR card. I don't like to keep up with something that expires so soon. One more thing are we going to be seeing anymore PC deals?(Crysis2,Dragonage2,portal2)

I want to clarify some confusion over the $60 gaming coupon promotion.

In order to generate the coupon, it is only valid on gaming software and PSN/XBLA card purchases over $60 before tax.

When it comes time to redeem your coupon, it can be redeemed on software, accessories, and hardware $60 or more before tax.

:D Just another day in the life of SHC Ad Monster fixing the man's blunders\\:D/

[quote name='adawg555']So the deals this week come with Gaming Coupons, correct? I don't need to sign up for SYWR before going?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you do need to be signed up, thats how they track to see if you are abusing the coupons for example using game coupon and returning game after you used the coupons..

[quote name='Vacabck']So the April $60 coupon is only good for software and not hardware?[/QUOTE]

read post above

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone should stop complaining about not having the SYWR... The purpose of Josh's deals is to make money. He can't be making money if SYWR is killing his budget. Sure, the spend $120, get $60 coupon isn't the best, but it's pretty damn good. I'm not going to complain one bit especially since now until September/October is going to be the huge dry spell for deals.

[quote name='SHC Ad Monster']

When it comes time to redeem your coupon, it can be redeemed on software, accessories, and hardware $60 or more before tax.

:D Just another day in the life of SHC Ad Monster fixing the man's blunders\\:D/[/QUOTE]

Okay, now tell me that you are going to have another deal on PS3's like a week or so after that so I can use up $40 worth of other coupons and that one as well. :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back