SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ucantcme69']When will we find out about the Socom offer? Is it going to be apart of the current 4-19 offers or will it have its own? Im just trying to find out if I should wait on next weeks purchases and include them into the 4-19 offers or not. Thanks[/QUOTE]
No offer outside of the broader whole house offer. Only MK and P2 have the bonus PSN/XLBA contingency. I stretched the funding as far as I could.

[quote name='aznhero913']I hate your PSN id!!!

You know that guy is an Astro killer.

Because I am deeply offended, I will boycott Kmart until you change your PSN id to pujolssucks(even though he'll go down as the greatest hitter of all time).[/QUOTE]
Trust me, the best way to deal with Stock Boy is to ignore him :)

[quote name='ucantcme69']Thanks for all the responses Josh. Much appreciated :)[/QUOTE]
No prob! I'm working on a few great projects at the moment that are taking some time from me. I'm sorry if I haven't been posting as much this past week.

[quote name='thejnc']Picked up Homefront today, but will not be going back to Kmart after that. The employees there are just idiots (the store near me at least) and have no customer service what so ever. In fact, if another store hits this price I will buy it again and bring back the unopened copy to Kmart.

I appreciate what the guys who run this thread are trying to do, but if the employees have to act like getting a game from behind the glass is a huge hassle, then Kmart gets no more of my $.[/QUOTE]
If ever you experience issues like this, feel free to send us the details. We take your time wasted very seriously.

[quote name='mdvayne1982']So for the Homefront $39.99 deal would the people who bought it like 3 weeks ago be able to price match it? Paid $60 for it and my store was out of XBL cards and still waiting for that to get mailed out to me.[/QUOTE]
There is a 7 day price matching policy I believe.

[quote name='Psybuster']Any chance of hardware+software bundles like PS3 GH game + DS3 controller packs will qualify for the 4/17 coupons?[/QUOTE]

Software plus point cards only to get the coupons. Then coupons can be used on any game purchase.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Trust me, the best way to deal with Stock Boy is to ignore him :)[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

It's just a Houston thing Josh. All of us from Clutch City hate Pujols b/c he always destroys the Astros pitchers!!!

BTW, I received an email from Jim this morning. Hopefully we can get the issue taken care of before the week is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Psybuster']Any chance of hardware+software bundles like PS3 GH game + DS3 controller packs will qualify for the 4/17 coupons?[/QUOTE]
Those are considered accessories internally; sorry. Depending upon how this all goes, hopefully we will be able to include in the future.

[quote name='yodathe3rd']Hey Josh on the 4/17 sale if you use your rewards zone points do those count against the 120 that you need to get.[/QUOTE]
Nope, Best Buy points in general do not count against our promotions :)

All kidding aside, no, it should not matter, the triggers are the reg. prices according to IT. I am tripe/quadruple checking though.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Those are considered accessories internally; sorry. Depending upon how this all goes, hopefully we will be able to include in the future.[/QUOTE]

No problem, just wanted to be sure. Been needing controllers for a while now, maybe I'll just use the coupons on them instead after I figure out what I want to buy now.

Josh, I know it's a bit early, but any idea on what games (if any) might be getting the post-launch $20 discount the week of Portal 2? Trying to think of a second game to pick up that I'm interested in, and nothing is screaming "buy me!"

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Josh, I know it's a bit early, but any idea on what games (if any) might be getting the post-launch $20 discount the week of Portal 2? Trying to think of a second game to pick up that I'm interested in, and nothing is screaming "buy me!"[/QUOTE]
Crysis 2 and Fight Night :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Nope, Best Buy points in general do not count against our promotions :)

All kidding aside, no, it should not matter, the triggers are the reg. prices according to IT. I am tripe/quadruple checking though.[/QUOTE]

So if there were magically some games on sale that week for $39.99, but the regular $59.99, adding a $20 card would allow for $60 in coupons?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Glad to hear that S4 MP is good, I was worried about it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm not in love with Crysis 2's MP. Feels too call of duty like. The suit powers add some interest but the focus was on the incredible single player with this game. Can't wait to play through again on a harder difficulty.

Only complaint is the suit upgrades make the game kind of too easy compared to the first one. the way the suit energy recharges is too fast and makes it easy to just run through enemies.

Looking forward to hearing more about Socom 4. I loved MAG but have never played a socom game.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah I'm not in love with Crysis 2's MP. Feels too call of duty like. The suit powers add some interest but the focus was on the incredible single player with this game. Can't wait to play through again on a harder difficulty.

Only complaint is the suit upgrades make the game kind of too easy compared to the first one. the way the suit energy recharges is too fast and makes it easy to just run through enemies.

Looking forward to hearing more about Socom 4. I loved MAG but have never played a socom game.[/QUOTE]

S4 beta is open to all once the PSN updates tonight.

[quote name='jhuneycutt']Hey Josh, have you heard anything about a date for Motorstorm Apocalypse? Do you think it'll be before the MK/P2 coupons expire?[/QUOTE]

Highly doubtful. Late summer end of the year if were lucky.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah I'm not in love with Crysis 2's MP. Feels too call of duty like. The suit powers add some interest but the focus was on the incredible single player with this game. Can't wait to play through again on a harder difficulty.

Only complaint is the suit upgrades make the game kind of too easy compared to the first one. the way the suit energy recharges is too fast and makes it easy to just run through enemies.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan of C2's MP either but I also think the SP is a bit overrated. I mean, the AI is so bad so often, it is a big detriment to the experience.

The stealth upgrades do make Supersoldier easy but you almost have to abuse it because it seems way too difficult if you don't.

Hey Josh is Kmart going to put Borderlands GOTY edition at $20 any time soon as Best Buy and amazon have? Oh and what about Rock Band 3 too?

I plan on buying mk and portal and want to get the $10 off 1600 points so I can buy the recently announced black ops mappack, but my kmart doesn't carry point cards. What can I do?

[quote name='Killbomb']I'm not a big fan of C2's MP either but I also think the SP is a bit overrated. I mean, the AI is so bad so often, it is a big detriment to the experience.

The stealth upgrades do make Supersoldier easy but you almost have to abuse it because it seems way too difficult if you don't.[/QUOTE]

I feel like people complaining about AI in crysis 2 should remember that almost every game ever made has AI that is as problematic. Halo and FEAR and Half Life 2 were some of the only ones to get it right recently.

A lot of modern shooters just hide it by making the game a corridor based COD style shooting gallery. That's not good AI either. Or bulletstorm's blatant "run at you until you kill me in some fun way" AI.

I was playing through the first crysis on hard today and had the same experience of guy running in place into a tree that happens in Crysis 2. Same with "sit in cloak mode, pop into armor mode, shoot dude in a crowd in the head, pop cloak mode back on, resume" that works too easily in crysis 1. It's like the KPA forget you were even there the second you activate cloak.

Very few people are doing it any better.

Thanks for the tip on the SOCOM 4 demo. Maybe i'll use that $60 coupon on that? I dunno.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Confirmed, the triggers are all based on reg. price.[/QUOTE]

awesome :D and u'll let us know about whether or not we'll be able to get two points cards for 20 if we get mk and portal 2 right? cuz i havent seen anything about it since u siad u're gonna find out and update us (unless i missed it)

[quote name='ProphetZero']Hey Josh is Kmart going to put Borderlands GOTY edition at $20 any time soon as Best Buy and amazon have? Oh and what about Rock Band 3 too?[/QUOTE]

:( the ps3 version's not updated to 19.99 for amazon... blah, if kmart plans on having this sale, and amazon doesnt update soon (like... a few days soon) i might just have to give more money to kmart... just sayin :D

Last I saw, it was being debated whether or not buying a copy of Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat would yield two 10.00 discounts for MS/PSN cards. Is it still unknown or was there a definitive answer on that?

:( the ps3 version's not updated to 19.99 for amazon... blah, if kmart plans on having this sale, and amazon doesnt update soon (like... a few days soon) i might just have to give more money to kmart... just sayin :D

Yeah I'm hoping to get the 360 version just because my friend wants a copy too. Just don't want to rush into it unless Kmart does a price drop on it soon since I have a gift card. Hopefully Josh replies soon.

[quote name='ProphetZero']:( the ps3 version's not updated to 19.99 for amazon... blah, if kmart plans on having this sale, and amazon doesnt update soon (like... a few days soon) i might just have to give more money to kmart... just sayin :D

Yeah I'm hoping to get the 360 version just because my friend wants a copy too. Just don't want to rush into it unless Kmart does a price drop on it soon since I have a gift card. Hopefully Josh replies soon.[/QUOTE]

i was probably one of the few hundred who told amazon but... disappointing amazon... and i have like 20 on amazon and some for kmart too, so i guess first to do it gets my money (since btoh get a lot of my money anyway lol... and ebay XD)

Fingers crossed for wwe all stars @ $39.99 or $34.99 soon.. And maybe a $10 off $20 points cards with it so we can pick up some dlc!!

Anyone else think it's kinda bullshit on the coupon split?

Why isn't it spend $60 get $30 and spend $120 get 60.

It's the same thing.

Hey Josh. For the 4-17 promotion, the OP says this:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Note: $20 of PSN and XBLA count towards this promotion...[/QUOTE]

But just a couple of of pages ago, you said:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Only software counts towards the 120, the $60 of coupons can be used on anything though.[/QUOTE]

The second seems to contradict the first. Can you clarify?

Further, if points cards are indeed supported, could one get in on the deal by buying only points cards? Like, $80 or $140 worth of points but no software, would the deal apply?

[quote name='abilyk']The second seems to contradict the first.[/QUOTE]

Nope, points are software. They are distributed on a card (just like a game is distributed on a disc) but are used for buying and playing games. No Hardware purchase involved.

[quote name='Kain']Nope, points are software. They are distributed on a card (just like a game is distributed on a disc) but are used for buying and playing games. No Hardware purchase involved.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to say they were hardware. I know that some retailers have classified points as accessories, and I thought maybe Kmart was the same. Calling them software seems like a stretch, but if that's what Kmart does, OK. Josh, can you confirm?

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Anyone else think it's kinda bullshit on the coupon split?[/QUOTE]

No, not at all.

The $15 back from $40 is the WoW Cataclysm expansion timed deal all over again, and if you meet the requirement three times, you get a bonus fourth $15.

I don't see how you can take a promotion like this and feel anything but pure and satisfying joy. And now I want a candy bar.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Anyone else think it's kinda bullshit on the coupon split?

It's the same thing.[/QUOTE]

its not the same thing... the point of these r to make money... if u got a proportional amount for spending less, u wouldnt be expected to pay more to get more basically, and its 40 for 15 and 120 for 60... hows that the same as 60 for 30 and 120 for 60?

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Anyone else think it's kinda bullshit on the coupon split?

Are you really this stupid?

To get you to buy two games instead of one, dumbass.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']To get you to buy two games instead of one, dumbass.[/QUOTE]
I'm well aware of the purpose. I'm not the one with the moron usertitle.

It's just a shitty way to get us to spend more money. Especially with nothing else going on for 3 major releases--that I know of.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']I'm well aware of the purpose. I'm not the one with the moron usertitle.

It's just a shitty way to get us to spend more money. Especially with nothing else going on for 3 major releases--that I know of.[/QUOTE]

If you have a problem with it, don't spend the money. Waaah, corporations are acting in their own interests, waaah.

[quote name='confoosious']Are you really this stupid?[/QUOTE]
Somebody has to fill the void Altanis left. Granted he was just hiding in the corner since he got silenced the last time, up until recently anyway.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']I'm well aware of the purpose. I'm not the one with the moron usertitle.

It's just a shitty way to get us to spend more money. Especially with nothing else going on for 3 major releases--that I know of.[/QUOTE]

i dont understand... if theres 3 major releases... and nothing else going on for them... wouldn't that mean this is the deal u'd go for...?

Driver, LA Noire, Brink, Fear 3, Infamous 2, Splinter cell trilogy, Child of Eden, Alice madness returns, and Duke Nukem Forever are all games that will come out while the coupon is still active if the coupon is still valid for 45 days.

[quote name='Mad39er']Somebody has to fill the void Altanis left. Granted he was just hiding in the corner since he got silenced the last time, up until recently anyway.[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about?

[quote name='ucantcme69']Driver, LA Noire, Brink, Fear 3, Infamous 2, Splinter cell trilogy, Child of Eden, Alice madness returns, and Duke Nukem Forever are all games that will come out while the coupon is still active if the coupon is still valid for 45 days.[/QUOTE]

Are you refering the 4/19 gaming coupon? I was pretty sure they only last 30 days... which would expire at5 May 21.... the only major release would be La Noir and Witcher 2.

[quote name='ucantcme69']Driver, LA Noire, Brink, Fear 3, Infamous 2, Splinter cell trilogy, Child of Eden, Alice madness returns, and Duke Nukem Forever are all games that will come out while the coupon is still active if the coupon is still valid for 45 days.[/QUOTE]

looking forward to 4 of those games for sure (as in... i want now lol) and 3 i'm waitin for reviews on, BUT! these depend on if kmarts gonna stock duke nukem balls of steel edition and infamous 2 hero edition... soo... Josh... any clues on if these are gonna be in stock???

[quote name='Xellos2099']Are you refering the 4/19 gaming coupon? I was pretty sure they only last 30 days... which would expire at5 May 21.... the only major release would be La Noir and Witcher 2.[/QUOTE]

think josh said they'd be liek teh old coupons which were 45 from what i've ssen, but josh was asking about if we'd want coupons to start right away but lose like 15 days before expiration

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back