SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Any word if Kmart will be carrying Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection for PSP? I figured since my local Kmart received Dissidia 012 & The 3rd Birthday, that they should be picking up this title as well....

[quote name='jer7583']News Flash:

$59.99 does not equal $60, $129.99 does not equal $120.

This was not made secret or hidden to anyone. Don't get angry because of your own inability to comprehend, please.[/QUOTE]

and $129.99 does not equal $119.98 :D

[quote name='actripxl']Yeah well some of us have jobs, gym, social lives and exams to study for so I don't have time to read every little detail.[/QUOTE]

None of those things preclude you from using some common sense.

[quote name='burger96']and $129.99 does not equal $119.98 :D[/QUOTE]

Heh, my mistake.

Must have been too busy bro'in out with my bros at the gym and CHICKS to pay attention to that detail! ;)

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Any word if Kmart will be carrying Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection for PSP?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately they are not carrying this title.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Anyone had a chance to crack into Portal 2? I was really looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

Not yet, both games are sitting here staring at me and taunting me from the other side of the desk, I should have left them in the truck. :cool:

[quote name='actripxl']Yeah well some of us have jobs, gym, social lives and exams to study for so I don't have time to read every little detail.[/QUOTE]
Yes, some of us do have those things. Even the ones who know the details.

[quote name='Vacabck']Another fantastic experience, had to wait on a gentleman wanting help finding an air filter for his mower in electronics, but other than that, went smooth as silk and hopped on the Portal Kombat train.

Got the same thing, except I used a $5 coupon and 2 $20 coupons.

** WELCOME TO YOUR **
** KMART STORE 7018 **
CASHIER: AMBER
Shop Your Way Rewards XXXXXXXXXXXX9869

GENERAL MERCHANDISE
01463309881 PORTAL 2 XBO A 59.99 T
07675005686 XBOX 1600PTS 19.99
Card Account#: **** ACTIVE
88392915832 MORTAL KOMBA A 59.99 T

GAME CARD SAVINGS 10.00-
GAME CARD SAVINGS 10.00-
KMART SAVINGS COUPON 5.00-
GAMING COUPON 20.00-
GAMING COUPON 20.00-
**** TAX 5.15 BAL 80.12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
APPROVAL 019758
VF 80.12
CHANGE .00

TOTAL NUMBER OF ITEMS = 3

ØKO 9X6 E16 Ø65 QZZ GZ8

RECEIPT# 07018 041911 *** *****
04/19/11 1:37 PM 7018 34 6919 ****

Current Points Balance: 1,635
Base Points Earned: 750
Bonus Points Earned: 0

Issued Offer # 44051711****
Issued Offer # 44052111****
Issued Offer # 44052111****[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised that it took $10 x 2 on an XBOX card since those are $19.99, but I guess the system isn't looking at the value of the item triggering the savings as it seems to just be taking the discount off the entire purchase (as it should the more I think about it).

Another Flawless Victory at Kmart. Sorry I had to...

Got MK + Portal 2 + $20 PSN card. PSN card discounted twice so it was free as someone else said. Still got the $60 in coupons + the T-shirt.

For me they didnt ring the T-shirt up at all, they just gave it to me. So there was no +.01 on my receipt. I wonder if any cashiers would be cool enough though to make it .02 if someone just wanted 2 games..

[quote name='jokoloko']Is there a limit on how many points cards i can buy with the 10$ discount after buying portal 2 or mk?[/QUOTE]

One per title, so if you buy both games you can either get two discounted cards or one for free it seems.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hmm yeah, now I'll have to think about if I want just one card to get it for free or two really nice discounted cards.

EDIT: Anyone grab two copies of MK with two points card? Just wanna make sure everything will work properly. Got a friend who wants MK.[/QUOTE]

Huh? You'd obviously want to get one card for free. You always have the option of buying a second card for face value anytime you want.

[quote name='chuckywang']Huh? You'd obviously want to get one card for free. You always have the option of buying a second card for face value anytime you want.[/QUOTE]
...when I wrote the post, there was one confirmation. So yes, with one confirmation I'd rather spend what essentially is the same amount of money for points I'm going to use anyway.

But another confirmation came in, so it seems like a safe bet. Now I'm just curious if two Mortal Kombats will do the 10.00 off twice.

EDIT: Nevermind, someone already answered that. Well damn. Oh well, I'll just grab my one point card then.

Had a smooth transaction but I wasn't happy that all the PSN and MS points cards were all out which forced me to buy a game I didn't even want. Got Mortal Kombat, FNC, Tomb Raider: Trilogy. Is it possible I can return them at another store and if they have PSN cards in stock replace Tomb Raider? Please let me know what's the best way to get in this deal without having to replace my coupons! Thanks

Berwick PA store 9161
No signage up about the sales, but the games were in stock and they had point cards on hand as well.
Ended up grabbing 5 x 1600 MS point cards and Wario Land Shake It! for the Wii. Both coupons printed out.
Then I came home and laughed at the people who can't mentally grasp that $119.98 is less than $120.00. Numbers are pretty difficult, I guess.

Side note, is there any reason that Kmart charges tax on MS point cards? Nearly every other place I buy them I don't get taxed on MS points.

[quote name='KillerRamen']K-Mart store #4743 didn't seem to have Portal 2 or any of the Playstation Network Cards in stock. I left with nothing. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Was MK in the case but not Portal 2? Did you ask somebody? I go to that store and the electronics lead usually works on Tuesday and he is really good about at getting the games out or having them at the desk. They haven't had PSN cards as long as I've been going there though.

Another perfect transaction at my local KMart. The lady in electronics has really began to learn about gaming and the deals lately. She was asking me if I was going to try the 120/60 deal before I even told her the games I wanted. Ended up buying Socom 4/Mortal Kombat and a $20 PSN card for $117 after the $20 coupon I had. She was very curious if I would get the $45 and $15 coupon since I used the coupon and I assured her it would work. She was actually excited to see both print out. I absolutely love my local Conover, NC KMart (#3632). Anita is awesome!

[quote name='Gosha']Any chance of deals for all these SquareEnix PSP games soon? Third Birthday, FFIV Complete Collection, and Dissidia 012.[/QUOTE]

Kmart is NOT carrying Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Kmart is NOT carrying Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection.[/QUOTE]

My Kmart is not carrying ANY PSP games. Disappointing, as I would have liked something to use my credit on.

If you have time to make posts crying on these boards about your own mistakes and then having to take an extra trip to Kmart just to return the games while also ordering the titles elsewhere you have a lot more time to spare then you are even aware of. Try learning the facts before getting involved in anything. The sacrifice of 10 seconds out of your life will save you a lot of later grief in the long run. It will serve you well in many facets of life, not just game related deals as well.

[quote name='Gosha']Any chance of deals for all these SquareEnix PSP games soon? Third Birthday, FFIV Complete Collection, and Dissidia 012.[/QUOTE]
My Kmart had both 3rd Bday and Dissidia.

Wait, so how do these coupons work? I use them on video games?

Why can't I use the coupons when I get them and get both Portal and Mortal Kombat for $60? That seems like it would be fair.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Wait, so how do these coupons work? I use them on video games?

Why can't I use the coupons when I get them and get both Portal and Mortal Kombat for $60? That seems like it would be fair.[/QUOTE]
Not sure if serious but you get the coupons for buying the games. Then you can use the coupons a week later on gaming software, accessories, or hardware.

It would not be fair for Kmart if you could use the coupons on the games immediately like that...nobody does that.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Wait, so how do these coupons work? I use them on video games?

Why can't I use the coupons when I get them and get both Portal and Mortal Kombat for $60? That seems like it would be fair.[/QUOTE]
Your user title is appropriate...

I'm sorry, I'm sure this was asked but does Kmart carry the Socom 4 bundle pack (full deployment edition) for 149.99? If so, does this qualify for the $60 future credit?

[quote name='jamezuva']
At one point they even thought about ringing up a new transaction and giving the 2 PSN cards from the original transaction for free, but eventually they decided to ring it up new with my rewards number but just state that the register would be short for the day. Of course, via this, I lost out on any rewards points I would get from this size-able purchase.
[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why you missed out on the rewards points if they rang up the final transaction with your rewards number.

[quote name='ironman206']I'm sorry, I'm sure this was asked but does Kmart carry the Socom 4 bundle pack (full deployment edition) for 149.99? If so, does this qualify for the $60 future credit?[/QUOTE]

They are NOT carrying the Full Deployment Edition.

Oh, so you want free money? You should just say so. :wall:

[quote name='ShockandAww']Not sure if serious but you get the coupons for buying the games. Then you can use the coupons a week later on gaming software, accessories, or hardware.

It would not be fair for Kmart if you could use the coupons on the games immediately like that...nobody does that.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure though? That doesn't make much sense to me.

What if I return both games and keep the coupons, then use the coupons to get a free game and more coupons? Would that work?

[quote name='Killbomb']Was MK in the case but not Portal 2? Did you ask somebody? I go to that store and the electronics lead usually works on Tuesday and he is really good about at getting the games out or having them at the desk. They haven't had PSN cards as long as I've been going there though.[/QUOTE]

They had Mortal Kombat in the case, but I didn't ask someone if they could try to find Portal 2. I mainly came for the PSN cards since they hardly ever go and sale and with no PSN cards I just didn't think it was worth it.

A couple notes on the gaming coupons and what they say:

- They're for Shop Your Way Rewards Members Only (it says this on the coupon now)

- Limit of one offer ID per transaction the coupons have an offer ID number and only one of that specific number is redeemable per transaction. For example this week the $45 coupon has a single unique offer ID number (451) and the $15 coupon has it's own unique ID number (450), so those 2 coupons could be combined in a single transaction assuming you're spending $60 or more.

- Not valid on Buy One Get One events (same as before)

- Coupon value will be deducted from any refunds (possibly same as before but it now specifically states this)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Are you sure though? That doesn't make much sense to me.

What if I return both games and keep the coupons, then use the coupons to get a free game and more coupons? Would that work?[/QUOTE]
Yes of course it will ;)

My K-Mart in Bellingham, WA didn't have the free Mortal Kombat T-shirts :cry:. But at least my transaction wenth smooth. Got Mortal Kombat + Portal 2 + $20 PSN Card for a little over $106. The PSN card was basically free and I had $20 in SYWR points that I redeemed. Overall, a pretty sweet deal. I love these launch week deals that K-Mart is always pumping out! Just wish my store had some free Mortal Kombat shirts :cry::cry::cry:

OK, I addressed problems with the muncie Indiana Kmart on the blog and through a personal message, I never received any sort of reply from before. I appreciate all of the great deals but they don't mean jack when the workers don't know whats going on or even how to stock the shelves. I never make the mistake of not calling ahead anymore because i have wasted too much time traveling for nothing. I haven't had to deal with them for a while because there hasn't been anything i wanted for a while but i was all ready to get portal 2 today, i gave them a call around noon for them to tell me the truck hasn't come in yet and should be there around 4-5, ok first of all i swore stores get in their shipments days before the actual release? but whatever i waited 4:30 came around I called to be told they sold out? HOW THE F DOES THAT WORK? was the shipment there the whole time? is this lady an idiot and the box still in the back? I know this was a big release but i cant see it selling out in 4 hours. and on top of this i was planning on buying points cards and fight night to get the $120 deal but now i cant do it. I guess after addressing this my main question is will there be more shipments before the end of the week????

[quote name='360...']OK, I addressed problems with the muncie Indiana Kmart on the blog and through a personal message, I never received any sort of reply from before. I appreciate all of the great deals but they don't mean jack when the workers don't know whats going on or even how to stock the shelves. I never make the mistake of not calling ahead anymore because i have wasted too much time traveling for nothing. I haven't had to deal with them for a while because there hasn't been anything i wanted for a while but i was all ready to get portal 2 today, i gave them a call around noon for them to tell me the truck hasn't come in yet and should be there around 4-5, ok first of all i swore stores get in their shipments days before the actual release? but whatever i waited 4:30 came around I called to be told they sold out? HOW THE F DOES THAT WORK? was the shipment there the whole time? is this lady an idiot and the box still in the back? I know this was a big release but i cant see it selling out in 4 hours. and on top of this i was planning on buying points cards and fight night to get the $120 deal but now i cant do it. I guess after addressing this my main question is will there be more shipments before the end of the week????[/QUOTE]

Send me an email to check first thing tomorrow morning, I'm pretty sure they weren't sold out and you are correct in that all stores got their new releases by last Friday at the absolute latest.

[email protected]

Well I just left kmart and got portal 2 and mk and got both coupons but my store was out of 1600 points so i got psn $20. If there is someone that wanted the $20 psn and had to settle for ms points, I will trade with you if you haven't used it yet. PM me please.

[quote name='360...']OK, I addressed problems with the muncie Indiana Kmart on the blog and through a personal message, I never received any sort of reply from before. I appreciate all of the great deals but they don't mean jack when the workers don't know whats going on or even how to stock the shelves. I never make the mistake of not calling ahead anymore because i have wasted too much time traveling for nothing. I haven't had to deal with them for a while because there hasn't been anything i wanted for a while but i was all ready to get portal 2 today, i gave them a call around noon for them to tell me the truck hasn't come in yet and should be there around 4-5, ok first of all i swore stores get in their shipments days before the actual release? but whatever i waited 4:30 came around I called to be told they sold out? HOW THE F DOES THAT WORK? was the shipment there the whole time? is this lady an idiot and the box still in the back? I know this was a big release but i cant see it selling out in 4 hours. and on top of this i was planning on buying points cards and fight night to get the $120 deal but now i cant do it. I guess after addressing this my main question is will there be more shipments before the end of the week????[/QUOTE]
What a joke. These people need retrained, written up, fired...something.

I just saw your comment on the blog as well. Please copy me at [email protected] as well when you email Andrew. Hope to hear from you!

I just stocked up with 6 $20 PSN cards and got both coupons. Excellent! (also grabbed a Philips power strip on $4 clearance)

[quote name='jamezuva']So my experience was crappy. Drove to the Temple City, CA (which isn't a short distance away) and was there at store opening. They didn't have any of the games in the display cabinet so the employee had to look in the back. After looking for 10 min or so she found Portal 2 but no Mortal Kombat (pretty ridiculous considering how big of a title it is...or they just didn't know where it was). I then drove to the Kmart in East L.A. which was another half hour away where I found both games as well as $20 PSN cards of which I picked up two.

During the first ring-up she scanned my rewards number and then the two PSN cards followed by the 2 games. No discount for the PSN cards came up so she decided to cancel that transaction and start a new one but this time scanned the games first followed by the PSN cards. This sequence triggered the $10 for each card and so we completed the transaction but then none of the coupons printed out so I asked her if she had used my rewards number on the transaction. She said no so she took me up front to returns in order to try and return everything and rebuy them using my rewards number. For whatever reason, their register wouldn't accept returns of the PSN cards so basically I stood there for about a half hour while they contacted various managers to try and find out what to do.

At one point they even thought about ringing up a new transaction and giving the 2 PSN cards from the original transaction for free, but eventually they decided to ring it up new with my rewards number but just state that the register would be short for the day. Of course, via this, I lost out on any rewards points I would get from this size-able purchase. They were courteous but it sure took them a long time to figure out what to do. To boot, neither store had the Mortal Kombat t-shirts. The employees kept saying that these type of deals should be printed in their weekly ad which I can understand from their standpoint. Luckily I brought a copy of the Kmart blog posted here recently.

Headache not worth the savings especially when you factor in these coupons expire after a short-window[/QUOTE]
I hope you are able to send this to us via email; we'll definitely be able to help out.

We are able to help with any poor experience in some way. Some stores can complain all they want but the offers are communicated to them weekly in multiple ways and there is no excuse for them not to know what is the offer for a given week.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Are you sure though? That doesn't make much sense to me.

What if I return both games and keep the coupons, then use the coupons to get a free game and more coupons? Would that work?[/QUOTE]

This can't be real. Is this guy a forum joke invented by mods to make people smile?
No one can really be this ...forget it there's no way to say it without sounding like an asshole.

Yeah i heard about that Kmart on CNN, apparently there was a black friday mob there that trampled and killed 3 people for the Portal 2 shipment, it arrived at 4:13 and sold out in 4 and a half minutes. You should have been camping out since Saturday like the rest of us.

So I tried to use my $45 coupon on a $9.99 game so I could get about $35 cash back, but the dumb ass at the register wouldn't let me do it. Why not? I'm sick of dealing with inconsiderate asshole employees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back