SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']What a joke. These people need retrained, written up, fired...something.[/QUOTE]

Your expecting too much from minimumly paid workers. How else do kmart pass on the saving on to you? They never push warrenty on games or any other item... seriously how do they make money ...

Oh wait, I know... its when I drag my gf with me and she buys a bunch of other stuff from there upsetting the balace of deal and no deal.

Just got back from store #4826 and Mortal Kombat was not on the shelf but clerk was aware that is usually an issue and was able to get MK from the back. So I picked up Portal Kombat and a 1600 points card and got both coupons but no t-shirt. The clerk was unaware of the promo but made a second attempt to locate the t-shirts and found nothing. I tried customer service as well and they were unaware of the t-shirt promo as well. They said they would have the electronics manager check about it when she came in tomorrow morning (nice gesture) but I am not counting on the t-shirt. Pretty happy with the deal overall.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So I tried to use my $45 coupon on a $9.99 game so I could get about $35 cash back, but the dumb ass at the register wouldn't let me do it. Why not? I'm sick of dealing with inconsiderate asshole employees![/QUOTE]
Welp, that confirms it. Not to be taken seriously.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I hope you are able to send this to us via email; we'll definitely be able to help out.

We are able to help with any poor experience in some way. Some stores can complain all they want but the offers are communicated to them weekly in multiple ways and there is no excuse for them not to know what is the offer for a given week.[/QUOTE]

Please read mine earlier post...

Since I have been going to both Covina and West Covina store, I can say there were good experience where staff were fairly knowledgeable and friendly and then times where its completely opposite.

[quote name='tomwaits1']I just stocked up with 6 $20 PSN cards and got both coupons. Excellent![/QUOTE]

Hmmm... I hadn't considered using this promo because I didn't think that would work. But I may just do that. Then I'd probably just spend the coupons on 3 more $20 PSN cards later ;).

That way I'm stocked up pretty well for PS+ having spent only $120 for $180 in PSN monies... I usually like to get them half off or more, but those opportunities are getting fewer nowadays (especially for PSN - for MS points there were many opportunitues and I am stocked for life because of that).

The thing is, I am already sitting on $60 or so of PSN cards from cashing out my last gaming coupons in January. It hardly seems worth the effort to drive all the way to Kmart to spend $120 on PSN cards I won't need for a year or so - and then have to return again later to spend the $60 coupons...

Let me start by saying the girl who waited on me was very nice and apologetic but my local Kmart in Peru, IL didn't get Portal 2 today and she told me they didn't plan on getting any in till the 30th! I'm done playing the release day game with K-Mart. This happens way too often in my store that they don't have release day games.

Are B&M stores stocking Conduit 2? Went today and it was nowhere in sight. The clerk didn't know anything about it either. If it's not stocked in store can I buy it off kmart.com and still get the $15 store credit deal?

JOSH,

GOOD EXPERIENCE AT BANGOR, ME KMART.

I'm sure it's a slow store (volume wise) by the guys that work in electronics are always more then willing to help me.

Went to store #3031 in Blaine, MN. They didn't have MK for either system and no $20 PSN cards on the rack. Had an employee call for someone from electronics but no one came so I ended up leaving empty-handed. There were plenty of Portal 2 and SOCOM 4 in stock. Sent an e-mail to Stockboy to see if they even received their shipment. Considering going to the White Bear Lake store #3034 if they have everything I wanted to get: MK, P2 and a PSN card. Rather frustrating day.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I hope you are able to send this to us via email; we'll definitely be able to help out.

We are able to help with any poor experience in some way. Some stores can complain all they want but the offers are communicated to them weekly in multiple ways and there is no excuse for them not to know what is the offer for a given week.[/QUOTE]
Yep, sent an email to Jim Angelico w/ a copy of my receipt and contact info. It was sent from [email protected]. Thanks for the quick reply.

No psn or xbla cards in sight at #4970 Memphis. Did manage to find a PS2 game on clearance for $5 to use that as a filler to get to the $119.99 threshold.

To all the folks who go to kmart and are frustrated when no one is in electronics or show up when paged.

Why don't you make some noise people? Ask for a manager and demand service. You drove out there , don't leave empty handed. You can still offer feedback later, and you're not leaving empty handed. You don't have to be a rude asshole, and as some have said it doesn't make you a rude entitled brat by demanding the mere basics of customer service. I spend all day serving customers and meeting their needs, I am never rude, I just expect the same in return.

I went to the Seattle store this morning and picked up Portal 2 and four $20 PSN cards (they didn't have Crysis 2); got the $10 discount on one of the cards, and I got both the $45 and $15 coupons; the whole thing went as smooth as silk. Thank you for putting this together, Josh!

Went to my local Kmart #9376 on north Elston Avenue in Chicago, IL today and picked up MK for Xbox 360, the free t-shirt, Socom 4, a 1600 XBL point card, and even donated a dollar to the March of Dimes at the register. Got my two coupons without a hitch. Thanks.

MK, Portal 2, and two $20 cards, no problemo.

Well they had the $20 psn cards up front instead of by electronics where the labeled, priced $20 PSN section is, but I just took half of them from up front and stuck them back there when I went looking for one for myself. Hope it helps someone else find em.

Got the $15/$45 coupons when I picked up Portal 2, Lego Star Wars III and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for $117 after tax and the $10 bonuses from Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2. Will be getting LA Noire for free next month, which hopefully will have a deal to keep the string going.

[quote name='io']Hmmm... I hadn't considered using this promo because I didn't think that would work. But I may just do that. Then I'd probably just spend the coupons on 3 more $20 PSN cards later ;).

That way I'm stocked up pretty well for PS+ having spent only $120 for $180 in PSN monies... I usually like to get them half off or more, but those opportunities are getting fewer nowadays (especially for PSN - for MS points there were many opportunitues and I am stocked for life because of that).

The thing is, I am already sitting on $60 or so of PSN cards from cashing out my last gaming coupons in January. It hardly seems worth the effort to drive all the way to Kmart to spend $120 on PSN cards I won't need for a year or so - and then have to return again later to spend the $60 coupons...[/QUOTE]

Great deal to stock up on points for sure. So many games have addons now and days that these are pretty essential as well. My store has gotten so much better with product being out on display. It is the same girl there every tuesday morning when I go tho so I hope its not just because of her and if it is hopefully she gets regonized

To anyone just purchasing xbl/psn cards. I purchased 4 $20 PSN cards and 3 $19.99 XBL 1600 pt cards= Total $139.97 no tax. I recieved both the $45 and $15 Coupon as advertised without a hitch. The coupons both expire on 5/21/11.

Thanks for the hard work and deals Josh!

I picked up Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, a $20 PSN card, as well as the promotional t-shirt (gets punched in the face) for $129.06 in one transaction. I also bought Socom 4 in another. That second purchase might be tentative, as I'm not yet sure what I'll do with it. F/TPS are my kryptonite.

Has anyone heard anything about Sniper: Ghost Warrior on the PS3? Depending on how the game is tweaked, I might interested in getting it. I visited four different sites, and all of them mention a different release date. Yikes.

Do have to be a member to get the 60 dollars gaming coupon and Can I make 2 different transaction get 2 separate 60 dollars coupons?

No cards at my Kmart, I wound up getting Portal 2, MK, and Alan Wake (at $30) to get the full discount. I was tempted to go to the nearby TRU instead but I know how much work went into getting this deal so I decided to hook up Kmart this time. That said, I really wanted 2 $20 cards for $10 each. If there's a hiccup next time, I'll probably pass.

[quote name='gundamb0i']Do have to be a member to get the 60 dollars gaming coupon and Can I make 2 different transaction get 2 separate 60 dollars coupons?[/QUOTE]

Below are the last 2 bullet points on the ops post for the deal. So no dice on the double $60 credit transactions.:booty:

You must be a shop your way reward member to receive the coupons, signage has been updated in-store
Limit of $60 of gaming coupons per member

[quote name='jamezuva']So my experience was crappy. Drove to the Temple City, CA (which isn't a short distance away) and was there at store opening. They didn't have any of the games in the display cabinet so the employee had to look in the back. After looking for 10 min or so she found Portal 2 but no Mortal Kombat (pretty ridiculous considering how big of a title it is...or they just didn't know where it was). [/QUOTE]
That's odd. I just got back from the Temple City store and they had both games with plenty in stock in the case by the electronics register. I was able to get the games, a points card, and the tshirt with no issues and the clerks were knowledgable and helpful.

It's a good change since the last time I was there.

[quote name='sadboy']I picked up Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, a $20 PSN card, as well as the promotional t-shirt (gets punched in the face) for $129.06 in one transaction. I also bought Socom 4 in another. That second purchase might be tentative, as I'm not yet sure what I'll do with it. F/TPS are my kryptonite.

Has anyone heard anything about Sniper: Ghost Warrior on the PS3? Depending on how the game is tweaked, I might interested in getting it. I visited four different sites, and all of them mention a different release date. Yikes.[/QUOTE]

Lol hope you have a ice pack like me :)

[quote name='B:L']That's odd. I just got back from the Temple City store and they had both games with plenty in stock in the case by the electronics register. I was able to get the games, a points card, and the tshirt with no issues and the clerks were knowledgable and helpful.

It's a good change since the last time I was there.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to say I love that Kirby pic Lol

My KMart had no copies of Portal 2 in either XBOX or PS3. I'm so tired of Kmart not having crap out on time. They had Mortal Kombat but nobody could find Portal 2.

Belleview and Broadway in Denver, in case anybody wants to know where a crap Kmart is at.

I should know better than to try to find anything at a Kmart within 3-4 days of release. Well, there goes 130 dollars of my business elsewhere.

Picked up MK and Portal 2 along with a 1600 point card all for $127.58 (took both $10 off on a single card as stated before)

Plus I have the $60 credit which I will go to pick up another copy of Portal 2 in a week.

Nice deal, thanks.

[quote name='finalrodzilla']Below are the last 2 bullet points on the ops post for the deal. So no dice on the double $60 credit transactions.:booty:

You must be a shop your way reward member to receive the coupons, signage has been updated in-store
Limit of $60 of gaming coupons per member[/QUOTE]
Maybe I'm missing something.

Has anyone else received additional coupons? After my initial purchase, I received the $15 and $45 coupon. After buying Socom 4 in a following transaction, I received another $15 coupon.

Just got back from Kmart, Picked up both Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat, they were out of both psn and xbox point cards. I got screwed out of the $45 coupon because Portal rang up at $49.99, i thought it was supposed to be $59.99 so my total was $119.57 after taxes... :/

Had an interesting experience at Kmart #7037 today. The new releases were out on the shelf with the appropriate signage, so no problems at all there. I was going to pick up a copy of Portal 2, as well as a copy of MLB 11 and a $20 PSN card.

When the employee in electronics tried to ring it all up, he couldn't get the PSN card to activate, so he told me I'd have to try to check out at customer service, so I did and same issue at that register. Tried another PSN card and it wouldn't activate either. The woman at the customer service desk said she didn't think it was going to work. I explained to her that I was trying to go for the coupon deal and would be two cents short with just the games. She understood and was very nice about it and got the manager to do an override to increase the price of the games by 2 cents. I was a little concerned that the extra 2 cents wouldn't count as gaming and therefore the coupon wouldn't activate but it did.

Long story short I got the games and the coupon I came for, was not able to get a PSN card but the customer service was fantastic.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Picked up MK and Portal 2 along with a 1600 point card all for $127.58 (took both $10 off on a single card as stated before)

Plus I have the $60 credit which I will go to pick up another copy of Portal 2 in a week.

Nice deal, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Dont use twitter, hate it. But thank you for the info's!

I plan on going to kmart this Friday and managed to have a worker hold the last two 1600 xboxpoints for me. I was only interested in the psn cards, is anyone perhaps interested in trading for a psn card? Let me know! Thanks!

Thanks for the deal, Josh.

Got Portal 2, Crysis 2 and 2 XBLA cards at store #3363. Both coupons printed and received to $10 instant discount on one of the cards.

Tried to get the deal at store #3435 but they didn't have any PSN or XBLA cards that qualified; they only had $50 cards.

Josh, any upcoming deals on the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2. Kinda remember the 360 version dropping to $20 fairly quickly after release;). Or maybe you could work out a deal on the Tomb Raider & Splinter Cell bundles similar to the Sly Cooper deal.

I wanted to post my positive experience at at Store #7415 in Springfield, VA. Went to the store and they had MK 360 in stock and MS 1600pts cards as well (no PSN $20 cards though), so I got the game and one 1600pts card, and everything worked perfectly. Was able to use my SYWR $18 credit and picked up the game and a 1600 MS card (though I wanted a PSN card, they were OOS, no big deal), the card got a $10 discount and I got the $15 coupon print. No big delay, the guy helping me was great (Oscar), and I was very happy with the deal. Just thought I'd offer my positive results, thanks Josh for all your work on these deals, they're really a big incentive to buy from Kmart!

On a side note, there were no Crysis 2 games in stock for either platform; not a big deal since I already got the 360 version from Kmart at launch on a great deal, but I guess the $39.99 sale really cleaned them out!

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']Didnt Josh hint at Portal 2 being 40 sometime later? Maybe I'm imagining it.[/QUOTE]

When Josh first announced the $120/$60 deal he said that if you could wait 2 weeks for Portal 2 that it would beat any deal out there. Of course, that was before Best Buy's deal.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Surprised no one has mentioned the $20 gaming coupons for L.A. Noire and Brink. Both were announced via Twitter.[/QUOTE]

This is a bit frustrating. First we got all the deals here, then they started moving over to the blog, then Facebook, and now Twitter. I'm not sure why we're forced to search for them. You would think they'd want the place that put them on the map to get news of the deals first.

Just got back and it all went smoothly. Picked up Portal 2, Shift 2, and a points card. After some gift cards, came out to about $60.

Although, reading through the last few pages, someone brought up the next Portal 2 deal and I do remember Josh saying it would be really good, and am already wondering if I should have waited. Goodness knows I probably should have waited on Crysis 2 until this week to kill two gaming birds with one B2G1 stone. It'll be interesting (read: buyer's remorse inducing) to see what the untouchable Portal 2 deal will be.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I wanted to post my positive experience at at Store #7415 in Springfield, VA. Went to the store and they had MK 360 in stock and MS 1600pts cards as well (no PSN $20 cards though), so I got the game and one 1600pts card, and everything worked perfectly. Was able to use my SYWR $18 credit and picked up the game and a 1600 MS card (though I wanted a PSN card, they were OOS, no big deal), the card got a $10 discount and I got the $15 coupon print. No big delay, the guy helping me was great (Oscar), and I was very happy with the deal. Just thought I'd offer my positive results, thanks Josh for all your work on these deals, they're really a big incentive to buy from Kmart!

On a side note, there were no Crysis 2 games in stock for either platform; not a big deal since I already got the 360 version from Kmart at launch on a great deal, but I guess the $39.99 sale really cleaned them out![/QUOTE]

Just wondering if interested.

[quote name='JCDogg911']Well I just left kmart and got portal 2 and mk and got both coupons but my store was out of 1600 points so i got psn $20. If there is someone that wanted the $20 psn and had to settle for ms points, I will trade with you if you haven't used it yet. PM me please.[/QUOTE]

Just got back from the Big K-Mart in Portland, OR. Gotta say, everything worked perfectly. Picked up a copy of Mortal Kombat and Crysis 2, and two 1600 point cards (was hoping for SSFIV, but no avail). The usual guy in Electronics department was working (I think his name is Joey), and he was especially helpful. Made sure I got the $10 discount, both coupons, and I even got the shirt (a welcome surprise). Overall, great experience, and well worth the trip.

smooth transaction for me today after work at KMart 4399 in Maryland.

Picked up Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, and 2 1600 MS Points Card and used some SYWR card points to pay off part of the balance and everything went smoothly. The point card discounts auto applied and both the $15 and $45 coupons printed. The employee even gave me a Mortal Kombat t-shirt that I wasn't expecting!

This store had the MS point cards in both the gaming section and the gift card section up front, but I could not find any PSN cards.

My chick got a K-mart worker written up and possibly fired today.

Went to K-mart to grab Mortal Kombat (which they didn't have yet, it was around 10:30 am) and to take advantage of the Just Dance 2/Just Dance Kids deal. I wanted to do the "get $60 in coupons if you spend $120" deal, so I was looking through the cases when I saw a $30 Wii Fire Emblem and a $50 Metroid Prime Trilogy. Grabbed a $15 Yakuza 3 to round it out.
So anyhow, after "Wendy" rang everything in, I handed her my Rewards card. She quickly flashed it under the scanner and handed it back.
It seemed odd to me that the register didn't make a "ding" sound like it always does whenever an item is scanned. So after I cashed out, I looked at the receipt and right there at the top was the rewards card info. So whatever.

My chick was shopping elsewhere in the store and found a few things so we went through the normal checkout. While standing there waiting to cash out. I was fiddling with my rewards card and noticed the last four digits on it didn't seem to be the same as the ones that were on the receipt I just got for the games. I dug out the receipt, and sure enough the numbers were different. When it was our turn to be cashed out, I asked the (different) cashier if the numbers on my rewards card should match the numbers on the receipt. She said yeah. I said, well, I just bought these games back in electronics and the numbers don't match. She made a face like she knew what was up. So then I knew what was up.
The chick that rang me out for the games used her own Rewards card on my purchase.
I was going to let it go, but my chick was all "Aw Hell No!" and took the receipts to customer service.
The manager was PISSED!
She did a return on the games I bought, and then rang them out using my Rewards card with the new receipt. A nice little side effect of this was that not only did I get the $60 worth of coupons on the original transaction, I got them on the "fixed" one as well.

Downside is that "Wendy's" little scam got busted. Who knows how much her income was supplemented by screwing customers out of their Rewards.

[quote name='kraftwerks']My chick got a K-mart worker written up and possibly fired today.

Went to K-mart to grab Mortal Kombat (which they didn't have yet, it was around 10:30 am) and to take advantage of the Just Dance 2/Just Dance Kids deal. I wanted to do the "get $60 in coupons if you spend $120" deal, so I was looking through the cases when I saw a $30 Wii Fire Emblem and a $50 Metroid Prime Trilogy. Grabbed a $15 Yakuza 3 to round it out.
So anyhow, after "Wendy" rang everything in, I handed her my Rewards card. She quickly flashed it under the scanner and handed it back.
It seemed odd to me that the register didn't make a "ding" sound like it always does whenever an item is scanned. So after I cashed out, I looked at the receipt and right there at the top was the rewards card info. So whatever.

My chick was shopping elsewhere in the store and found a few things so we went through the normal checkout. While standing there waiting to cash out. I was fiddling with my rewards card and noticed the last four digits on it didn't seem to be the same as the ones that were on the receipt I just got for the games. I dug out the receipt, and sure enough the numbers were different. When it was our turn to be cashed out, I asked the (different) cashier if the numbers on my rewards card should match the numbers on the receipt. She said yeah. I said, well, I just bought these games back in electronics and the numbers don't match. She made a face like she knew what was up. So then I knew what was up.
The chick that rang me out for the games used her own Rewards card on my purchase.
I was going to let it go, but my chick was all "Aw Hell No!" and took the receipts to customer service.
The manager was PISSED!
She did a return on the games I bought, and then rang them out using my Rewards card with the new receipt. A nice little side effect of this was that not only did I get the $60 worth of coupons on the original transaction, I got them on the "fixed" one as well.

Downside is that "Wendy's" little scam got busted. Who knows how much her income was supplemented by screwing customers out of their Rewards.[/QUOTE]

sadly your (we) part of that 1% of customers who actually pay attention to your savings....who knows how points she has scammed since she was hired

how many points did actually get back/scammed out of??....

WoW, Kraftwerks. I think she may deserve to be fired. Even though it seems small, it may lead them to be using other scams and needs to be stopped and know there are consequences.

My experience with getting Kmart went great.
Got MK and 4 PSN cards , costs me 133$. Then the 2 gaming coupons came out as expected. No problems what so ever.
The only thing I found interesting is that there was only 7 PSN cards in stock. So I got lucky.
Called them in early morning and they made it sound like they had tons of cards, and 4 games in stock.
I guess 7 PSN cards are tons for them :)

I hope everything goes smoothly for others

[quote name='sadboy']Maybe I'm missing something.

Has anyone else received additional coupons? After my initial purchase, I received the $15 and $45 coupon. After buying Socom 4 in a following transaction, I received another $15 coupon.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that, since those coupons are tied to your account, using one is going to invalidate the other. In any case, let us know how it turns out.

[quote name='kraftwerks']My chick got a K-mart worker written up and possibly fired today.

The manager was PISSED!

Downside is that "Wendy's" little scam got busted. Who knows how much her income was supplemented by screwing customers out of their Rewards.[/QUOTE]

Well you can "thank" her for helping you get off so well. Nonetheless, I'm glad you caught her in the act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back