SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought Crysis 2, Portal 2 and x2 1600 XBLA Points for $136.07 at Orlando Kmart #4390 and Transaction went smooth with Rewards Tag. Thanks!

I still would like to know if the gaming coupons are still valid on gaming hardware purchases as they had been in the past.

I swear this thread is always an interesting read on a tuesday.

I played like 8 staight hours of Mortal Kombat today, Kratos is actually a pretty weak character. Anyone else feel the same?

Havent even cracked open Portal 2 but saw the review Shipwreck posted on the CAG home page and it looks like im in for a treat, i loved the 1st.

[quote name='mcthatch']My KMart had no copies of Portal 2 in either XBOX or PS3. I'm so tired of Kmart not having crap out on time. They had Mortal Kombat but nobody could find Portal 2.

Belleview and Broadway in Denver, in case anybody wants to know where a crap Kmart is at.

I should know better than to try to find anything at a Kmart within 3-4 days of release. Well, there goes 130 dollars of my business elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Same at my store, no Portal 2. I inquired and the girl said if it is not in the case they don't have it? They had plenty of Mortal Kombat, not sure about the t-shirts since I wasn't able to get in on the deal. My first unsucessful gaming trip to Kmart...

neone else still not get there 15 coupon? i only received the 45 one on sunday left my name and cell and they said theyd get back to me when its fixed lol

[quote name='kraftwerks']My chick got a K-mart worker written up and possibly fired today.

Went to K-mart to grab Mortal Kombat (which they didn't have yet, it was around 10:30 am) and to take advantage of the Just Dance 2/Just Dance Kids deal. I wanted to do the "get $60 in coupons if you spend $120" deal, so I was looking through the cases when I saw a $30 Wii Fire Emblem and a $50 Metroid Prime Trilogy. Grabbed a $15 Yakuza 3 to round it out.
So anyhow, after "Wendy" rang everything in, I handed her my Rewards card. She quickly flashed it under the scanner and handed it back.
It seemed odd to me that the register didn't make a "ding" sound like it always does whenever an item is scanned. So after I cashed out, I looked at the receipt and right there at the top was the rewards card info. So whatever.

My chick was shopping elsewhere in the store and found a few things so we went through the normal checkout. While standing there waiting to cash out. I was fiddling with my rewards card and noticed the last four digits on it didn't seem to be the same as the ones that were on the receipt I just got for the games. I dug out the receipt, and sure enough the numbers were different. When it was our turn to be cashed out, I asked the (different) cashier if the numbers on my rewards card should match the numbers on the receipt. She said yeah. I said, well, I just bought these games back in electronics and the numbers don't match. She made a face like she knew what was up. So then I knew what was up.
The chick that rang me out for the games used her own Rewards card on my purchase.
I was going to let it go, but my chick was all "Aw Hell No!" and took the receipts to customer service.
The manager was PISSED!
She did a return on the games I bought, and then rang them out using my Rewards card with the new receipt. A nice little side effect of this was that not only did I get the $60 worth of coupons on the original transaction, I got them on the "fixed" one as well.

Downside is that "Wendy's" little scam got busted. Who knows how much her income was supplemented by screwing customers out of their Rewards.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't it already been established that returning the games voids the coupons printed out? I'm not quite sure that would work.

The voiding of coupons upon return of games would make sense...otherwise asshats could just buy and return stuff endlessly while stacking up coupons.
If that's the case, no big deal.

I think the rewards system is each point is worth a penny. So my $135 pre tax purchase only gave me $1.35 back. But if you're an associate in electronics, that little bit of change across several transactions can add up. If she can get $1.00 off of twenty customers a day, five days a week, she just got $100 for nothing.
Personally, that wouldn't be worth it to me considering the risk to my employment, but I'm not a minimum wage K-mart employee.

[quote name='kraftwerks']The voiding of coupons upon return of games would make sense...otherwise asshats could just buy and return stuff endlessly while stacking up coupons.

I think the rewards system is each point is worth a penny. So my $135 pre tax purchase only gave me $1.35 back. But if you're an associate in electronics, that little bit of change across several transactions can add up. If she can get $1.00 off of twenty customers a day, five days a week, she just got $100 for nothing.
Personally, that wouldn't be worth it to me considering the risk to my employment, but I'm not a minimum wage K-mart employee.[/QUOTE]

It could potientially be a lot more lucrative. I'm a gold member and i get 10x points during my birthday month(April). Platinum members get 15x. So effectively, she could be get 10% or 15% of all the stuff she scans.

Can anyone else confirm any new titles that have dropped during this apparent, recent 'phantom' drop. All that have been reported so far are:

Fire Emblem Wii
Wario Smooth Moves
Wario Land Shake It
Mario Strikers (I believe)
Dragon Quest V (DS)

All of these titles have been reported at $29.99, marked down from their respective $39.99-$49.99 prices.

I'm just dying to know these new price drops before I get a set of $120 games. Anyone...?

[quote name='KillerRamen']They had Mortal Kombat in the case, but I didn't ask someone if they could try to find Portal 2. I mainly came for the PSN cards since they hardly ever go and sale and with no PSN cards I just didn't think it was worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Ramen that's the store that treated me so shitty with the Mass Effect 1 fiasco I wrote about before in one of the previous threads and the STL CAG thread. Not surprised there are still issues there.

[quote name='kraftwerks']My chick got a K-mart worker written up and possibly fired today.

Went to K-mart to grab Mortal Kombat (which they didn't have yet, it was around 10:30 am) and to take advantage of the Just Dance 2/Just Dance Kids deal. I wanted to do the "get $60 in coupons if you spend $120" deal, so I was looking through the cases when I saw a $30 Wii Fire Emblem and a $50 Metroid Prime Trilogy. Grabbed a $15 Yakuza 3 to round it out.
So anyhow, after "Wendy" rang everything in, I handed her my Rewards card. She quickly flashed it under the scanner and handed it back.
It seemed odd to me that the register didn't make a "ding" sound like it always does whenever an item is scanned. So after I cashed out, I looked at the receipt and right there at the top was the rewards card info. So whatever.

My chick was shopping elsewhere in the store and found a few things so we went through the normal checkout. While standing there waiting to cash out. I was fiddling with my rewards card and noticed the last four digits on it didn't seem to be the same as the ones that were on the receipt I just got for the games. I dug out the receipt, and sure enough the numbers were different. When it was our turn to be cashed out, I asked the (different) cashier if the numbers on my rewards card should match the numbers on the receipt. She said yeah. I said, well, I just bought these games back in electronics and the numbers don't match. She made a face like she knew what was up. So then I knew what was up.
The chick that rang me out for the games used her own Rewards card on my purchase.
I was going to let it go, but my chick was all "Aw Hell No!" and took the receipts to customer service.
The manager was PISSED!
She did a return on the games I bought, and then rang them out using my Rewards card with the new receipt. A nice little side effect of this was that not only did I get the $60 worth of coupons on the original transaction, I got them on the "fixed" one as well.

Downside is that "Wendy's" little scam got busted. Who knows how much her income was supplemented by screwing customers out of their Rewards.[/QUOTE]

Good detective work. But how did she put her reward card number in there if you didn't hear a "ding"?

so can you get more than one points card for $10 with one game? I seem to remember seeing a post saying something to that effecct.

[quote name='sgaldis']Can anyone else confirm any new titles that have dropped during this apparent, recent 'phantom' drop. All that have been reported so far are:

Fire Emblem Wii
Wario Smooth Moves
Wario Land Shake It
Mario Strikers (I believe)
Dragon Quest V (DS)

All of these titles have been reported at $29.99, marked down from their respective $39.99-$49.99 prices.

I'm just dying to know these new price drops before I get a set of $120 games. Anyone...?[/QUOTE]
As far as I saw at my Kmart it was mostly crap that should have been even cheaper. I'm not sure that all these are "clearance" but here are a few prices I remember:

Motorstorm Pacific Rift - 19.XX
Create - $19.XX
Eternal Sonata (Xbox) - $19.XX
Dragon Quest IV - $19.XX
Singularity - $29.XX

[quote name='bjfly']Went to store #3031 in Blaine, MN. They didn't have MK for either system and no $20 PSN cards on the rack. Had an employee call for someone from electronics but no one came so I ended up leaving empty-handed. There were plenty of Portal 2 and SOCOM 4 in stock. Sent an e-mail to Stockboy to see if they even received their shipment. Considering going to the White Bear Lake store #3034 if they have everything I wanted to get: MK, P2 and a PSN card. Rather frustrating day.[/QUOTE]

I was at the same store at about 530. I was thinking the same thing about MK. Then I noticed they were just sitting on the glass counter near the register. They had about 10 if you want to go back.

[quote name='kraftwerks']The voiding of coupons upon return of games would make sense...otherwise asshats could just buy and return stuff endlessly while stacking up coupons.

Personally, that wouldn't be worth it to me considering the risk to my employment, but I'm not a minimum wage K-mart employee.[/QUOTE]
You assume that all retail employees are only making minimum wage and that most customers actually give a rat's ass about the rewards programs. Neither of which are true.

On one of my last treks into a Kmart store to buy something I wasn't even asked if I had the rewards card or if I wanted to sign up for it, so I can imagine that some employees may be getting away with scanning their own cards and making decent bank doing so.

But it just takes one customer who actually cares about such things to notice and complain, like you did.

What she was doing WAS wrong, but like I said most customers really don't give a shit about the rewards programs since they know it takes hundreds of dollars worth of purchases to get any sizable return.:roll:

[quote name='Lyricsborn']IATCG SYWR isn't really like a Best buy type card. Kmart's is actuall useful.[/QUOTE]
Well I dunno about that. RZ + the Gamers club can be much more than just SYWR. Obviously SYWR along with Josh's deals usually means Kmart is much better over all for many. Hopefully whatever Josh is working on is more rewarding/useful and rolls out sometime relatively soon.

You would think there would be a red flag that would trigger if an employee abused the system that way. I mean I'm sure this bitch isn't the only one doing it, but I find it hard to believe that it would be that difficult to drill down the system to see that hundreds of items were all purchased on the same SYWR account but with different payment methods.

[quote name='B:L']That's odd. I just got back from the Temple City store and they had both games with plenty in stock in the case by the electronics register. I was able to get the games, a points card, and the tshirt with no issues and the clerks were knowledgable and helpful.

It's a good change since the last time I was there.[/QUOTE]
You're lucky they got their act together by then. I was unfortunate enough to have an elderly lady in Electronics when I was there who didn't seem too up to speed. I'm still without the t-shirt :whistle2:(

[quote name='ShockandAww']As far as I saw at my Kmart it was mostly crap that should have been even cheaper. I'm not sure that all these are "clearance" but here are a few prices I remember:

Create - $19.XX
Dragon Quest IV - $19.XX
Singularity - $29.XX[/QUOTE]

Thanks for adding to the list. A lot of these titles aren't super hot prices, but they might be good filler to get someone over the $120 hurdle.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']IATCG SYWR isn't really like a Best buy type card. Kmart's is actuall useful.[/QUOTE]
It's only useful if you shop there.:razz: Aside from food and clothing clearances at Kmart(shirts for $1.99 FTW) I stick to BB for my gaming 'deals' and only because they have a trade-in program and sell Amazon Kindle gift cards, so I'm never really stuck with credit there either.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's only useful if you shop there.:razz: Aside from food and clothing clearances at Kmart(shirts for $1.99 FTW) I stick to BB for my gaming 'deals' and only because they have a trade-in program and sell Amazon Kindle gift cards, so I'm never really stuck with credit there either.;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, a store's rewards card is only useful if you shop there. Thank you for your insight.

[quote name='chuckywang']Good detective work. But how did she put her reward card number in there if you didn't hear a "ding"?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing she'd already scanned hers. She might have figured he didn't have one since he didn't hand it to her right away. The point at which she flashed his by the scanner without it making the sound was just for show.

Actually about a month after we started the rewards card people were caught doing this, and everybody company-wide had to take a training questionnaire because of it. Personally I know one person who got fired for it at our store, but she supposedly wasn't doing it for the money, just when people didn't want to sign up for one so she could keep her reward % up since we were threatened with our hours.

Also, there is a safeguard, if you use it a certain number of times within a certain amount of time, it will cause a red flag in the system and temp ban your account. That being said nobody should worry about getting temp banned unless they are scamming the system.

I bought mk, portal 2 and 2 1600 point cards. Total was $145.14. Sales tax in my state is 6%. My receipt looks like this

Portal 2 - 59.99
Xbox 1600PTs- 19.99
Xbox 1600PTS- 19.99
Mortal Kombat- 59.99
Game card savings 10.00-
Game card savings 10.00-
Tax- 5.18 BAL 145.14

How the hell did the computer get to $145.14? I've been trying to calcuate to that amount. There is no sales tax on point cards. So 59.99 + 59.99 + 6%tax = 127.18 + 9.99 + 9.99 (no tax on the cards)= 147.16. So the computer helped me save 2.02 or do I suck at math?

[quote name='unknownthreat']I bought mk, portal 2 and 2 1600 point cards. Total was $145.14. Sales tax in my state is 6%. My receipt looks like this

Portal 2 - 59.99
Xbox 1600PTs- 19.99
Xbox 1600PTS- 19.99
Mortal Kombat- 59.99
Game card savings 10.00-
Game card savings 10.00-
Tax- 5.18 BAL 145.14

How the hell did the computer get to $145.14? I've been trying to calcuate to that amount. There is no sales tax on point cards. So 59.99 + 59.99 + 6%tax = 127.18 + 9.99 + 9.99 (no tax on the cards)= 147.16. So the computer helped me save 2.02 or do I suck at math?[/QUOTE]

You suck at math? [(59.99-10)*1.06]+[(59.99-10)*1.6]+19.99+19.99=145.14

Well tax is prob little lower then 6...

[quote name='haize']I swear this thread is always an interesting read on a tuesday.

I played like 8 staight hours of Mortal Kombat today, Kratos is actually a pretty weak character. Anyone else feel the same?

Havent even cracked open Portal 2 but saw the review Shipwreck posted on the CAG home page and it looks like im in for a treat, i loved the 1st.[/QUOTE]
I started out playing with Kratos as my first character, because a guy I know is the hugest GOW fan in the world, and I too was a bit disappointed by him. His special moves are cool, but I feel like he doesn't have enough combos. It's like there's no way to get a good flow going with him. I am *really* loving Jax, Scorpion, Sonya, & Johnny so far though. Oh, and the tournament stick is amazing!

Josh, you can forget about my request to have Tiger Woods go on sale... Amazon matched Target's $37 price and I was able to use up my Portal 2 credit on it. I will *definitely* be spending my $60 in Kmart coupons on LA Noire, though; that game is going to be absolutely amazing. GOTY contender for sure. So glad you were able to do a $20 coupon on it!

[quote name='ShockandAww']As far as I saw at my Kmart it was mostly crap that should have been even cheaper. I'm not sure that all these are "clearance" but here are a few prices I remember:

Create - $19.XX
Dragon Quest IV - $19.XX
Singularity - $29.XX[/QUOTE]
I am starting to catch up at work, it is my hope to get the list posted by this Thur, Fri.

We will also be taking more drops in May as well.

[quote name='haize']I swear this thread is always an interesting read on a tuesday.

Havent even cracked open Portal 2 but saw the review Shipwreck posted on the CAG home page and it looks like im in for a treat, i loved the 1st.[/QUOTE]
Interesting/stroke inducing/addictive and awesome

[quote name='hoofrog']Just got back from store #4826 and Mortal Kombat was not on the shelf but clerk was aware that is usually an issue and was able to get MK from the back. So I picked up Portal Kombat and a 1600 points card and got both coupons but no t-shirt. The clerk was unaware of the promo but made a second attempt to locate the t-shirts and found nothing. I tried customer service as well and they were unaware of the t-shirt promo as well. They said they would have the electronics manager check about it when she came in tomorrow morning (nice gesture) but I am not counting on the t-shirt. Pretty happy with the deal overall.[/QUOTE]

UPDATE: I actually got a call from the store first thing this morning and my t-shirt is waiting for me at the electronics counter. Wow. I have to say I am impressed. I was told it was an issue with Fedex but they have the t-shirts now.

[quote name='chuckywang']Good detective work. But how did she put her reward card number in there if you didn't hear a "ding"?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't really paying attention to the first part of the transaction. She could have scanned her own card at any time while she was doing the games. I don't stand there and count the "dings". I only noticed that when she scanned my card, it didn't ding, because she just quickly swiped it under the handheld scanner.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Interesting/stroke inducing/addictive and awesome[/QUOTE]

Hey Bud, I sent you an email yesterday. Hope you can address it today.

Portal 2 is simply amazing. I played my ps3 copy of the game for hours last night. It's gots some really funny humor in it from gladys. I love a game that makes you think and seems like each level you move up makes your brain work a little bit harder. Anyone played crysis 2 yet and can give me a verdict on whether it's worth $39.99? Thinking of going to kmart and picking it up, along with 2 psn cards and 2 1600 points cards and hopefully find a $5 filler item. Then like another poster said use the coupons on LA Noir.

Are MS 1600 points cards returnable ?

I forgot to give my rewards card and the $15+$45 coupons didn't print out. For a while the customer service person and I didn't realize I hadnt given the rewards card and we couldnt figure out why the coupons didnt print. So I was just going to return everything, but she couldn't process returning the MS 1600 points card. I didnt want to keep it for $20.

[quote name='semifast']Are MS 1600 points cards returnable ?

I forgot to give my rewards card and the $15+$45 coupons didn't print out. For a while the customer service person and I didn't realize I hadnt given the rewards card and we couldnt figure out why the coupons didnt print. So I was just going to return everything, but she couldn't process returning the MS 1600 points card. I didnt want to keep it for $20.[/QUOTE]

Point cards are non-refundable no matter where you purchase them.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Portal 2 is simply amazing. I played my ps3 copy of the game for hours last night. It's gots some really funny humor in it from gladys. I love a game that makes you think and seems like each level you move up makes your brain work a little bit harder. Anyone played crysis 2 yet and can give me a verdict on whether it's worth $39.99? Thinking of going to kmart and picking it up, along with 2 psn cards and 2 1600 points cards and hopefully find a $5 filler item. Then like another poster said use the coupons on LA Noir.[/QUOTE]

Crysis 2 single player is fantastic, multiplayer is meh at best. Lengthy single player campaign also unlike Homefront.

I'm tempted to give the local Kmart, unfortunately not my usual, a look over for Dragon Quest IV. I've seen it cheaper, but I'd like to take advantage of the sale and not just get 2 games and points cards. I figure at least this way, I can maximize my return and end up getting Brink for next to nothing, with a points card.

I went to Kmart, looking to snatch up Portal, a PSN card, and some older titles I've had my eye on. They were out of PSN cards (I imagine somebody swooped up 6 for the coupon deal) so I decided to wait on Portal and just picked up $125 in older games. Coupons printed just fine.

The major problem was getting someone to electronics. I had electronics paged three times before they figured out no one was going, and realized that the electronics guy was at lunch and no one knew who had his keys. Seriously, there's only one set of electronics keys in the store and there's no system in place to track them? The manager doesn't have their own set? Eventually they tracked down the girl who had them, and I got my stuff with only minor inconvenience.

Btw, Pokemon Battle Revolution is also clearanced at $30, it appears. That's an older Wii title that goes for retail+ new, if anyone's looking for it.

I picked up Mortal Kombat yesterday and they had the t-shirts. (only one size though) Didn't understand the deal with the PSN cards, and no one else at the store did for that matter, so I didn't bother. I had a $25 American Express gift card and I went to pay, but no coupon printed out. After talking to the manager for about ten minutes, he decided to just take the $15 bucks off MK. All in all, MK + T-shirt =

Wish I knew before buying points card earlier in the week that it was 1 per account.

Nevermind that the $15 coupon didn't print and I got harassed when I questioned them charging tax on point cards (I got a new job in Alabama, I have never been charged tax for points cards in Georgia or any other state).

So not only could I not void the transaction/return them ($12.59 tax! Epp!), I also didn't get the $15.

Now, I can't go pick up MK/Points/Crysis when I go home this weekend... bah.

Was able to pick up the Portal and MK but when i tried throwing in the PSN cards they rang up full priced. Even after entering my SYWR card. Had to settle for final fantasy on PSP to cover the 2 cents i was shorts of 120$.

Kinda lame actually. This is the first time i've been shorted on these awesome K-Mart deals, so i guess i can let this one slide :whistle2:#

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Wish I knew before buying points card earlier in the week that it was 1 per account.

Nevermind that the $15 coupon didn't print and I got harassed when I questioned them charging tax on point cards (I got a new job in Alabama, I have never been charged tax for points cards in Georgia or any other state).

So not only could I not void the transaction/return them ($12.59 tax! Epp!), I also didn't get the $15.

Now, I can't go pick up MK/Points/Crysis when I go home this weekend... bah.[/QUOTE]

Just create a new account to get the MK/Points/Crysis deal. No biggie.

The ten dollar discount on the points card didn't come off until it was totaled. But I was able to get portal Mk and 1600 point card with no problems. Thanks Josh:whistle2:( now I am back on the train

Josh: Store #7602 in Wall, NJ claimed to have never gotten Portal 2 (though they had MK on the shelf in plain view). It took 15 minutes to get someone to Electronics and then 10 minutes to search for it unsuccessfully. When I was leaving, I politely asked for the store # and they gave me the wrong one. This is the third time I've had trouble getting a new release here. It would please me to have the responsible parties executed as an example to the other employees.

Brick, NJ (#3050) was out of stock. However, Sam there knows her stuff, and found me a copy in Howell, NJ (#7554). Andrew there has his shit in order and I was in and out in no time with Portal 2, four MS point cards, two three-packs of Big Red, and two gaming coupons. Kindly send them chocolate-covered fruit baskets as tokens of my thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back