SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
All done at my K-Mart. Got Portal 2 + Pokemon White + Dissidia 012 + $45 + $15 coupons. Now I have to find the time to beat them all before L.A. Noire releases.

[quote name='B:L']That's odd. I just got back from the Temple City store and they had both games with plenty in stock in the case by the electronics register. I was able to get the games, a points card, and the tshirt with no issues and the clerks were knowledgable and helpful.

It's a good change since the last time I was there.[/QUOTE]

Where the heck did you find the points cards at TC? Also are you talking about PSN or MS points? I didn't really see either of those cards at that store and I haven't seen them for months.

Also, do you ever to use the physical SYWR cards for any of these game deals? I tossed the cards a long time ago, I was just planning on telling the cashier the phone number associated with the account. Does that work?

[quote name='jling84']Where the heck did you find the points cards at TC? Also are you talking about PSN or MS points? I didn't really see either of those cards at that store and I haven't seen them for months.

Also, do you ever to use the physical SYWR cards for any of these game deals? I tossed the cards a long time ago, I was just planning on telling the cashier the phone number associated with the account. Does that work?[/QUOTE]

No, you really should have the SYWR cards when you go to the store for security purposes . . . but I think you could do it with your reward# and pin# to authorize it. Otherwise, anyone could just go to a store and use YOUR phone number, and rape your SYWR credit when buying games.

Epic fail at store 7208 in clemmons nc. Said they never got portal 2 and had no 20 psn cards. First time this store has let me down. Oh well

[quote name='ps2emotions'] It's gots some really funny humor in it from gladys.[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='ubdu']Josh: Store #7602 in Wall, NJ claimed to have never gotten Portal 2 (though they had MK on the shelf in plain view). It took 15 minutes to get someone to Electronics and then 10 minutes to search for it unsuccessfully. When I was leaving, I politely asked for the store # and they gave me the wrong one. This is the third time I've had trouble getting a new release here. It would please me to have the responsible parties executed as an example to the other employees.

Brick, NJ (#3050) was out of stock. However, Sam there knows her stuff, and found me a copy in Howell, NJ (#7554). Andrew there has his shit in order and I was in and out in no time with Portal 2, four MS point cards, two three-packs of Big Red, and two gaming coupons. Kindly send them chocolate-covered fruit baskets as tokens of my thanks. :)
[/QUOTE]

Where did they have point cards? When I was out Howell, NJ yesterday there was no cards to be found and the people working there said they were out of stock.

[quote name='jling84']Where the heck did you find the points cards at TC? Also are you talking about PSN or MS points? I didn't really see either of those cards at that store and I haven't seen them for months.

Also, do you ever to use the physical SYWR cards for any of these game deals? I tossed the cards a long time ago, I was just planning on telling the cashier the phone number associated with the account. Does that work?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I used my physical SYWR card. You should be able to go with either a phone number or email address, but you could always just request a replacement card on their site. Also also be sure to read the OP and make sure you checked the right checkboxes in your account to ensure you get all the deals, this was a necessary step in a few of them.

As for the point cards (I only picked up MS points, no idea about PSN), I had the same problem in locating them. Then it turns out that they are HIDDEN in the cashier display case behind the Nintendo DS's, under their new games. No idea why they would do that but you have to ask the clerk there to get it for you.

New query: Okay, so we're limited to only one "get $60 for $120" offer per account. But is there a limit to the number of "get $15 for $40" offers per account? If I bought a $60 game yesterday and got a $15 coupon, would I still be able to go back today and spend another $40 for yet another $15 coupon?

[quote name='hoofrog']Just create a new account to get the MK/Points/Crysis deal. No biggie.[/QUOTE]

He might not have to do that. Someone else reported getting the $15 coupon to print again with a separate $40 purchase after already having gotten both the 15 and 45. I'm guessing that the duplicates become voided in the system when one is used. If his issue is simply that he didn't get his coupon to print, this might be all he needs.

[quote name='Kain']New query: Okay, so we're limited to only one "get $60 for $120" offer per account. But is there a limit to the number of "get $15 for $40" offers per account? If I bought a $60 game yesterday and got a $15 coupon, would I still be able to go back today and spend another $40 for yet another $15 coupon?[/QUOTE]

The $15 coupon is part of that $60 at $120. So technically, yes, you're limited to one of both coupons.

It seems you can get another to print, but, as in my other comment just now, I'm guessing using one voids the other in the system.

So we can help you more efficiently, I am getting more of the team involved in assisting with customer issues.

I'll update the OP as well but we have created a Gmail account for all CS issues to be routed to.

[email protected]

The goal is to ensure everyone is followed up with within 24 hours.

[quote name='B:L']Yeah I used my physical SYWR card. You should be able to go with either a phone number or email address, but you could always just request a replacement card on their site. Also also be sure to read the OP and make sure you checked the right checkboxes in your account to ensure you get all the deals, this was a necessary step in a few of them.

As for the point cards (I only picked up MS points, no idea about PSN), I had the same problem in locating them. Then it turns out that they are HIDDEN in the cashier display case behind the Nintendo DS's, under their new games. No idea why they would do that but you have to ask the clerk there to get it for you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the information!

[quote name='chimpmeister']No, you really should have the SYWR cards when you go to the store for security purposes . . . but I think you could do it with your reward# and pin# to authorize it. Otherwise, anyone could just go to a store and use YOUR phone number, and rape your SYWR credit when buying games.[/QUOTE]

Crap that's damn scary! Is there any way to request a temporary card that I can print or something?

[quote name='DomLando']Where did they have point cards? When I was out Howell, NJ yesterday there was no cards to be found and the people working there said they were out of stock.[/QUOTE]

When you walk in the front, turn left and walk past the registers. Keep going, and keep your eyes on the endcaps to your left. You will see them mixed in with the regular giftcards. They have no points cards on the shelves in the electronics section.

[quote name='DPsycho']The $15 coupon is part of that $60 at $120. So technically, yes, you're limited to one of both coupons.

It seems you can get another to print, but, as in my other comment just now, I'm guessing using one voids the other in the system.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like that's the case, but it doesn't appear so. Yesterday, I bought two MK + $20 card and got a $45 and $15 coupon. Immediately after, I did another purchase of a $60 game and got yet another $15 coupon. The Offer ID on the two $15 coupons are both 450, but the scancode numbers are different. Leading me to believe they'll be considered different coupons when redeemed.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Wish I knew before buying points card earlier in the week that it was 1 per account.

Nevermind that the $15 coupon didn't print and I got harassed when I questioned them charging tax on point cards (I got a new job in Alabama, I have never been charged tax for points cards in Georgia or any other state).

So not only could I not void the transaction/return them ($12.59 tax! Epp!), I also didn't get the $15.

Now, I can't go pick up MK/Points/Crysis when I go home this weekend... bah.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the state. Depending on the county/city you shop in, you can have anywhere from 6 to 10% sales tax.

Are you near Birmingham? If so, which store did you go to? The one on Greensprings Highway tends to have better service than some of the others in the area, but there was someone buying almost every copy of new games when the coupons were unlimited in the past. Hopefully this is not a problem anymore.

Picked up Crysys 2, Lego Harry Potter, SW Force Unleashed 2 and 3rd Birthday. Coupons printed without issue. Thanks Josh!

Hm... I'm assuming BUzz Quiz World bundles don't count as software? I just bought one to bring my total to $120 and no $45 coupon :(.

You can just give them your phone number and you'll also have to give them your pin#. You can change your pin on the SYWR site pretty easily.

Made my run to K-mart. Hemmed and hawed for quite a while and changed my mind at the last minute, but picked up 5 games. With my free $100 gift card, paid $32.xx OOP. Both coupons printed. (Clerk seemed a bit surprised.)

Out of curiosity, I saw ~4 MS Points cards, but the PSN cards were empty (both $20 and $50). Very nice lady at the electronics counter.

Personally like this deal better than buy 2 $59.99 games, get one free or even a "all video games B2G1F". The only thing that could have made this deal better was Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection. (At least I got 3rd Birthday.) Awesome deal, though! Thanks!

The Crysis 2 I got is a "Limited Edition " . I csan't find it on Amazon, anyone know if it's got the same upc as the regular version, so I can trade it in when Im ready ?

Does Kmart sell the regular edition too ?

[quote name='DarkRider23']You can just give them your phone number and you'll also have to give them your pin#. You can change your pin on the SYWR site pretty easily.[/QUOTE]

Just went to K-Mart and gave them my phone number for SYWR, but I was not asked for a pin number? Are they always supposed to ask?

So, if I walked in and picked up MK9, Portal 2, and a $20 PSN card, what am I paying? (lets assume for sake of simplicity there is no tax) I'm kind of confused as to how the psn discounts work towards mk9 and portal 2.

Also, its $10 off the price of MK9 or Portal 2 when you get a points card right? So wouldn't you get $20 off if you get 2 cards when buy both games making one of the cards essentially free?

Also also, it has been a while since I used a gaming coupon at Kmart. Can you redeem both coupons at once the next time you buy a game for a quick $60 savings?

[quote name='semifast']The Crysis 2 I got is a "Limited Edition " . I csan't find it on Amazon, anyone know if it's got the same upc as the regular version, so I can trade it in when Im ready ?

Does Kmart sell the regular edition too ?[/QUOTE]

It should be. If you want to be sure, enter the upc you have into the search box on amazon and see if crysis 2 shows up.

I know June is a little ways off, but any deals possible for Alice: Madness Returns and Shadows of the DAMNED?

So out of curiosity, are the big store-wide price drops just coming once every 4 months now or something? Or have there been smaller ones since Feb?

[quote name='Kain']Sounds like that's the case, but it doesn't appear so. Yesterday, I bought two MK + $20 card and got a $45 and $15 coupon. Immediately after, I did another purchase of a $60 game and got yet another $15 coupon. The Offer ID on the two $15 coupons are both 450, but the scancode numbers are different. Leading me to believe they'll be considered different coupons when redeemed.[/QUOTE]
If you can't get multiple $15 coupons, it really should have been done to where you could. There have been multiple 'Spend this much, Get a coupon for this much' deals in the past. I get not wanting to give out a ton of $45 coupons, but there have been many deals where you could get multiple $15 (or $10 for some) coupons.

[quote name='hexzero']So, if I walked in and picked up MK9, Portal 2, and a $20 PSN card, what am I paying? (lets assume for sake of simplicity there is no tax) I'm kind of confused as to how the psn discounts work towards mk9 and portal 2.

Also, its $10 off the price of MK9 or Portal 2 when you get a points card right? So wouldn't you get $20 off if you get 2 cards when buy both games making one of the cards essentially free?

Also also, it has been a while since I used a gaming coupon at Kmart. Can you redeem both coupons at once the next time you buy a game for a quick $60 savings?[/QUOTE]
$119.98 + tax, unless they fixed it. Yesterday you could buy both games in a single transaction and it would discount the $20 by $10 two times. So it was essentially free when buying it along with Mortal Kombat and Portal 2.

You can use both coupons on a single transaction because they have different offer ID numbers.

However
, your transaction would have to be $60 or more before taxes in order to use both coupons in one transaction. Note that buying a single PS3/Xbox game at $59.99 means you will not be able to use both in one transaction because $59.99 < $60. So you need to be over $60 before taxes to use both.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']If you can't get multiple $15 coupons, it really should have been done to where you could. There have been multiple 'Spend this much, Get a coupon for this much' deals in the past. I get not wanting to give out a ton of $45 coupons, but there have been many deals where you could get multiple $15 (or $10 for some) coupons.[/QUOTE]

Josh that's something else that clearly needs fixed. There's confusion on these coupons and how many we can get/redeem etc...
How many of the same offer ID can I use in a single transaction?
What about if I use the same offer ID in multiple transactions? Will that be ok or is one of my coupons going to be voided?
Are they tracking the coupon use this way? Even if I technically can use multiples of the same offer ID will I end up flagged because of it?

Basically it's going to be common enough for someone to get in on a deal twice that it should be allowed. For example I buy 2 games this week in 2 separate transactions and end up with 2 separate $15 coupons. Does the system account for this and what does it do? What happens?

[quote name='Kain']Sounds like that's the case, but it doesn't appear so. Yesterday, I bought two MK + $20 card and got a $45 and $15 coupon. Immediately after, I did another purchase of a $60 game and got yet another $15 coupon. The Offer ID on the two $15 coupons are both 450, but the scancode numbers are different. Leading me to believe they'll be considered different coupons when redeemed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sadboy']I can confirm that if you spend $120 on a second transaction, you'll receive a second set of coupons.[/QUOTE]

Let us all know what happens when using them. I'm certainly curious.

[quote name='jling84']Just went to K-Mart and gave them my phone number for SYWR, but I was not asked for a pin number? Are they always supposed to ask?[/QUOTE]

You can give your phone number if you just want your purchase to be connected to your SYWR account without having to give the pin. The pin is only required when you're attempting to redeem your points to stop others from draining your account without permission.

Got Portal 2, Soul Calibur IV and LBP GotY Edition for PS3, as well as a discounted PSN card and one more. My coupons printed out fine, and should hopefully find their way to getting me a discounted PS3 in the coming weeks, hopefully combined with some gift card, coupon or free game offer. Since I'm currently without a PS3, does anyone know if there is any way other than going to a friend's house with a PS3 and putting my PSN account in their system to link my PSN account to my PC Steam account? I have a PSP, so I do already have a PSN account anyway. Speaking of which, I really need to remember my password.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Bud, I sent you an email yesterday. Hope you can address it today.[/QUOTE]
Hey bud, we seem to have email issues between you and I! I do not show you sent an email correct me if I am wrong if Jim already took off ot.

[quote name='DPsycho']Let us all know what happens when using them. I'm certainly curious.

You can give your phone number if you just want your purchase to be connected to your SYWR account without having to give the pin. The pin is only required when you're attempting to redeem your points to stop others from draining your account without permission.[/QUOTE]
I am curious as well....

[quote name='ShockandAww']Josh that's something else that clearly needs fixed. There's confusion on these coupons and how many we can get/redeem etc...
How many of the same offer ID can I use in a single transaction?
What about if I use the same offer ID in multiple transactions? Will that be ok or is one of my coupons going to be voided?
Are they tracking the coupon use this way? Even if I technically can use multiples of the same offer ID will I end up flagged because of it?

Basically it's going to be common enough for someone to get in on a deal twice that it should be allowed. For example I buy 2 games this week in 2 separate transactions and end up with 2 separate $15 coupons. Does the system account for this and what does it do? What happens?[/QUOTE]
I believe that the $15 coup that is issued is just the same as it was before. It cannot be stacked with another $15 coup. There are similarities within a certain segment of the codes I believe.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I know June is a little ways off, but any deals possible for Alice: Madness Returns and Shadows of the DAMNED?[/QUOTE]
Funny, EA was just in today talking with me on these two titles. Yes, very solid deals.

[quote name='camelking6969']Epic fail at store 7208 in clemmons nc. Said they never got portal 2 and had no 20 psn cards. First time this store has let me down. Oh well[/QUOTE]
Always send us an email with this type of issue, 99.9% of the time the store is incorrect and we will help you out due to their mistaken.

[quote name='DarthWoo']Got Portal 2........
Since I'm currently without a PS3, does anyone know if there is any way other than going to a friend's house with a PS3 and putting my PSN account in their system to link my PSN account to my PC Steam account? I have a PSP, so I do already have a PSN account anyway. Speaking of which, I really need to remember my password.[/QUOTE]

I bought the PS3 version and granted myself the Steam copy. The process involves starting Portal 2 on the PS3 while logged on with your profile and logging into your Steam account from there. From what I gathered, there isn't any way to accomplish it without a copy of the game in an online PS3. You probably wouldn't want to trust your friend with your account details to do it all for you, so no, you'd have to go and do just that.

The voucher code isn't used until after that is done. It's entered into Steam from your computer.

The end of May and June are stacked with potentially good games I'm on the fence about, meaning they're games I'm not going to preorder, but wait for reviews on, which is good for Kmart if any of them actually end up worth buying. The only one I'm getting for sure is Infamous 2, which I'll be buying at Kmart with my LA Noire/possibly Brink coupons.

May 24th - Fear 3
May 31st - Hunted The Demon's Forge, Red Faction Armageddon
June 7th - Infamous 2, Shadows Of The Damned
June 14th - Duke Nukem, Alice Madness Returns, Transformers
June 21st - Dungeon Siege 3
June 28th - Call of Juarez

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hey bud, we seem to have email issues between you and I! I do not show you sent an email correct me if I am wrong if Jim already took off ot.[/QUOTE]

let me send you a test email and lmk if you receive it.....

[quote name='DPsycho']Let us all know what happens when using them. I'm certainly curious.[/QUOTE]
I'm definitely playing it by ear. Like, I'm contending with my natural curiosity, CAG tendencies, and not wanting to be a douchebag to Josh or other CAGs who shop at Kmart all at the same time.

[quote name='ubdu']Kindly send them chocolate-covered fruit baskets as tokens of my thanks. :)[/QUOTE]
Are you saying you want the baskets themselves covered in chocolate? That'd be pretty awesome.

Got the $60 coupon deal already, went to Kmart again today since I found one nearby that still had Metroid Prime Trilogy and it printed out another $15 coupon, UPCs on the coupons are different when I compare my two $15 coupons, so I don't know. I hope all three of my coupons work. That'd be nice.

Here's your Cheap report from store #3719. This is just awesome. I got MK, the $20 psn card, and count em THREE copies of Dragon Quest V for DS which were on clearance for $29.99. That means I got the $60 in coupons and these dragon quests are going right on ebay for probably double what I paid. Meaning...I pert near got the MK and psn card and $60 credit for free! Very happy with Kmart right about now.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah Ramen that's the store that treated me so shitty with the Mass Effect 1 fiasco I wrote about before in one of the previous threads and the STL CAG thread. Not surprised there are still issues there.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if Todd was in charge or electronics when you had issues but he does a great job now. The games are always within reach when I go there on Tuesday and he is there and he is very friendly to boot.

Anyway, they had Portal 2 in the case tonight so I picked up that and MK plus a 1600 point card for 88.xx after my gift card and gaming coupon. The $60 in coupons printed out as expected.

Picked up 3 1600 points cards, 3 $20 psn cards, and yakuza 3 (priced $14.99) this evening at kmart. I was suprised tax was on psn cards because last time I purchased some there it was even $20 on psn cards. I know the tax was on them and not the 1600 points cards because tax on all this was $4.50. $139.46 total and both coupons printed no problem to my delight. Thanks Josh for being so dedicated to bring us these great deals and I'm officially back on the kmart coupon train :)

[quote name='ps2emotions']Thanks Josh for being so dedicated to bring us these great deals and I'm officially back on the kmart coupon train :)[/QUOTE]
(shovels coal into the firebox to get the Kmart steam train rolling)

Picked up Crysis 2 Limited edition, Fight Night Champion, Heavy Rain in a vanilla case, and Red Dead Undead for about $145 bucks. Got both my Coupons now just have to wait to get LA Noire for free.

Very nice Sdclippers. Yeah i picked up:WWE Allstars, Super Mario Collection for the wii, FlingSmash and Press your luck for about 150 dollars. Now I am waiting for L.A. Noire, Brink and Lego:pirates

picked up (10 minutes after opening on Tuesday) portal 2, crysis 2, 1600 point card and a $20.00 psn card with no issue (other than waiting for assoc to get p2 out of back)
thanks for the great deal Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back